Preparing for Treasure Map 2010 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You guys are fast. I was thinking about it yesterday that I should put up the prepare for TM thread and bam, some one brought it up. funny.

Okay, you guys know the drill. We are in the last three months of 2009's Treasure Map. Some of us have had a lot of success in the last nine months. Some of have not had as much. But please remember, the Map's year is not over.

I had one year where I did not get much all year and then in the last six weeks of the MapYear, I got major stuff that I planted on my treasure map.
Seriously, 46 weeks of butkis (sp?) and then the last 6 weeks an avalanche.

So, DO NOT give up hope for your 2009 TM.

But having said that, in the meantime you can start to prepare for 2010.
Clean your house. Clean your cupboards. clean your car. Give stuff to goodwill. Start making some changes in your life. If you have been talking to people who get you down. Stop returning their calls. Or at the very least put your phone machine on more and more.
If you need to go on a diet, start it, or at the very least cut out one of the crazy foods. Just start clearning the space so that you'll be ready for TM.

The next Treasure Map is April 14, 2010, so you have plent of time.

In the meantime, dust off your 2009 map. Bring it out so you can see it. REally look it over. Do you see stuff that you still want to manifest? Great. See it in your life. Like I said sometimes this can be the most fruitful quarter to manifest your map!

hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh yeah. I'm in it! Last year was my first TM, and I desperately needed some of the things I asked for. And they came my way, and some are still coming. I am so excited to see what I will map for this year. But first things first. I gotta get rid of some stuff!

Thanks Tracy! I appreciate you supporting all of us as we map out our years.

yippie yahoo yehaw

There aren't any smilies that convey that very well.
#3 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 02:09 AM

Can you give a brief synopsos of a treasure map? From what I've gathered it's where you put together a collage basically of the things you want in the coming year. However, it sounds like there's more to it than that?

Thanks!
#4 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 04:03 AM

Subbing - I would really like to learn more and attempt this this year.
#5 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 11:51 AM

Good reminder! I will get mine more in the open today. had some great success with my map so far but I am really going to use this 3 months to work on the rest.

This has been my best map yet and I am going to squeeze every last bit of it in before April 14th

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com
#6 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
subbing
#7 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 01:19 PM

subbing
#8 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 02:58 PM

Yay! I lurked on the 2009 thread and made my first treasure map last year--but this year I'll join you in print. As I think about my '09 map, I realize that is was more nebulous than I'd like--it's hard to really say if most of it came to fruition. This year I'd like to be a bit more concrete in whatever I put on the map.
#9 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I did my first Treasure Map in 1996. I have been doing one every year.
In, I think, 2004, I started folding in MDC into Treasure Maps.

I learned about TM's through my astrologer teacher Buz Myers. It lines up with the Aries New Moon. The Aries New Moon can be in either late March or early April. This year it will be April 14.

Aires rules New Growth, New beginnings, it rules Planting seeds. It is a stimulated sign, it is an energized sign and it is the FIRST sign of the zodiac. If you know Aries, they are pretty feiry personalities. That is the energy. ARies also rules EYESIGHT.
"Seeing is Believing" is a perfect Aries catch phrase.

And under that energy we build our Treasure Maps. It is usually a frenzy period. We spend a lot of the time before That new Moon thinking about what we want. This is not limited to "That great red couch from IKEA" but also includes, "healthy relationships", "More physical activity" "Great communication with love ones." And we usually put up images that reflect that desire. I have a gal on a bicycle in one spot of my map for vacations and good health. And for what it is worth, I ended up on bicycling in two national parks this year and a lot of cycling in my neighborhood.

Anyway, right now we are in the last three and half months of our 2009TM. Many of us still have more to manifest. In the meantime, many of us are starting to vibe some new energies that we will want on 2010. And we will have plenty of time to have more experiences that will open us up to more things (not just items but like what I said above) that we want that we might not know today on January 16.

What is great is to take the time now to clear the space which will open you up for the good that you planted last April and at the same time clearing the space so that you can start to let in the potential for 2010.

hope that makes sense.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#10 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 04:20 PM

Subbin.
#11 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM

#12 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 PM

Subbing.

I wonder if it is too late to edit my 2009 map?

Or if I should just focus on decluttering and making way for the next map?

There are some things I didn't ask for clearly enough and I am getting what I asked for, rather than what I wanted.
#13 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 PM

subbing! i love treasure mapping~!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#14 of 395 Old 01-17-2010, 11:44 PM

So this is a physical document that's created, right? Any guidance out there, maybe examples (without wanting to get too personal)? I'm interested in the idea, but very new to it. Maybe there are longer articles out there that discuss this in a bit more depth? Tracy, I appreciated your post, it helped a lot, but I feel like I need to read more to understand better.

This is the only place I've heard of Treasure Maps--maybe there are lots of websites talking about it in more depth? Thx.
#15 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
So this is a physical document that's created, right? Any guidance out there, maybe examples (without wanting to get too personal)? I'm interested in the idea, but very new to it. Maybe there are longer articles out there that discuss this in a bit more depth? Tracy, I appreciated your post, it helped a lot, but I feel like I need to read more to understand better.

This is the only place I've heard of Treasure Maps--maybe there are lots of websites talking about it in more depth? Thx.
You could look at the threads for Treasure Mapping of previous years. Here is 2009-
Preparing
Mapping

If you go deep into the Mapping thread, you may still be able to see examples of the maps that some of us created. Many choose a posterboard size map. I needed something portable so I put mine in a big scrap book on 9 sheets of different color of paper. Some use a layout like the Bagua Map in Feng Shui, others just go with what feels right. It's all very open to personal interpretation.

I think in the beginning of the '09 Preparing thread Tracy goes more in-depth as to what we need to be doing at this point so that we will be ready when mapping time comes.
#16 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 01:06 AM

Cool, I have stuff to read. Thank you!
#17 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM

Subbing.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#18 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 AM

Very exciting! Can't wait!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#19 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 12:00 PM

ooh, i've been waiting for this.

in '08 i folded a paper into nine sections and wrote a phrase or two in each section, using a bagua map for categories. i kept it in my purse and looked at it often. the phrases were affirmations, i guess, but in some cases i made the mistake of writing them in future tense instead of present tense. i guess i wasn't ready to believe some of them.

in '09 i used google image search to save photos to a folder on my computer. when i open that folder, i see the preview of each photo. i just looked at it for the first time in many months and thought, "whatever." there's one "successful" category, and a couple i'm still working toward, but a few others that i just don't even want anymore. it's weird.

this year i'm making a real, physical tm and putting it UP somewhere in my house where i will see it. i was afraid (self-conscious?) in the past, but if i can't be myself in my own house, then what's the point?
#20 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 PM

I think I'm going to do this this year. Theia, I might have to swipe your idea of a portable one - something I can carry along in my bag to work, so that it's always there.

Off to read the preparing thread.

Funny enough DH and I have really been getting into purging things from the house lately.

signature currently in transition
#21 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 05:07 PM

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking about TM just a few days ago! I'm holding out hope for a fantastic finish, but I think I'm in one of those "waiting" years. I did see a lot of movement/manifestation with my son's healthy birth in August... it was the heart of my map and has totally manifested. But the rest of the map has been a bit slow.

My kiddos made maps too (I made one for still inner child ds)... ds's is actually a lot like him. And both girls tell me they feel good about their maps. I think this year my oldest will really "get" it... she'll be a brand new 5yo at map this year.

My brain is bubbling with ideas for the new map but I'm focused on manifesting the whole of this current map. I hung it up next to my dresser yesterday so I'll see it every morning.

thanks Tracy!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#22 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Subbing! My 2007 was so very fruitful, but I never did one in 2008 or 2009, due to fears and doubt.

I'm totally doing one this year - DH calls them "witchboads"

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#23 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM

Very cool - off to go and read about preparing!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#24 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 05:32 PM

I have been watching for this!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#25 of 395 Old 01-18-2010, 11:11 PM

I'm joining this year.
I learned about it too late last year and have been thinking about it ever since.

Will continue to doing a clean out of the apartment.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#26 of 395 Old 01-19-2010, 01:56 AM

Subbing. This will be my fourth year, I think. 2009s was a bit iffy, probably one of my less successful maps, but I also put less passion in it than in previous years, and it also had unusual results. I guess I will see what the next 3 months still brings from it, still!
#27 of 395 Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
But having said that, in the meantime you can start to prepare for 2010.
Clean your house. Clean your cupboards. clean your car. Give stuff to goodwill. Start making some changes in your life. If you have been talking to people who get you down. Stop returning their calls. Or at the very least put your phone machine on more and more.
If you need to go on a diet, start it, or at the very least cut out one of the crazy foods.
hugs
WOOT!!!!!!! Been waiting for this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why CLay, you literally took the SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE right outta my mouth hehehe!

My 2009 map has brought amazing things.. I'm speechless at how much of it has come to be! And funnily enough, something from 2008's map has starting setting itself in motion lol. I just wasn't ready for it before I guess, huge decisions and big committment... tonight DH & I made the decision (no, it's not a baby it's nursing/midwifery school, I'm applying this year!)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#28 of 395 Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM

I love, love, LOVE Treasure Maps!!!

Valérie   
#29 of 395 Old 01-19-2010, 03:52 PM

so, with this thread and other conversations in my mind, i "dusted" my map off, and made a big decision about it-- i took it out of the bed/bath area where it's been living, and put it in the kitchen. evenings and mornings have been a bit... challenging... lately, and so i've been seeing my map almost exclusively when i'm not in the most positive frame of mind. i decided that was not going to help, so i thought having it in the area where we're up and about and generally doing productive things was a better approach. just thought i'd share, in case that inspired anyone else to try a different map location.

(and, echoing the huzzahs and squees, etc)
#30 of 395 Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 PM

subbing and excited about a new treasure maps!

My 2008 worked out really well, but in a kind of "be careful what you wish for" way. Nearly everything I put on there came to be, but I think I might need to pay a bit more attention to details.

I haven't seen much movement/progress from last year's map, but maybe something will happen in the next couple of months.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page