February Pagan Circle. Sharing the Love! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 549 Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gun- hugs and hopes. I'm glad the mold was found before anything really binding was done. I'm sorry it was there, but glad it was found. And I think, all things being equal, that a snack food fest was totally called for! Seriously. You deserved the chance to just chill out and enjoy something.

Cari- hope the little is feeling better fast. I know there isn't much they can do for pertussis, but no matter what he has, hope that dr was able to pull off a happy kiddo/happy mama miracle!

maia- hang in there sweetie, it's going to work out somehow. TM time is approaching and this is probably the icky gunk that needs to get cleared off the table before the new map can be shaped and put into motion. I'd say, do what you and your fellow are comfortable with, but from the "formal" end of things a non-catholic shouldn't take catholic communion. For a while there was a "let's open the doors" policy towards certain other christian groups, but the church I did my field work at was excommunicated in large part because they allowed non-catholics to receive communion. So while I, personally, don't have an issue with it... the members of your fellow's church might and you don't need that sort of vibe on your special day! And.... CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Aeress- Tor has been gagging/vomiting at night but it's because of the phlem and mucus. He's too young for the "big time" decongestants so we've been elevating the head of the bed (blocks under the front legs of the bedframe and a pillow under the fitted sheet to further raise the "head"), running a humidifier with eucalyptus and mint oil, and "sucking out" his nose at every nursing/diaper change then smearing a little lotion on his nose/lip to keep it soft. It's cut things down to just one big hacking incident a night.... But if it's not congestion or pooling phlem then those ideas probably wont help. Does she have anything similar during naps? Or during the day? I hope you all feel better fast and get some good sleep!

Tor- poor kiddo is so beat up by the cold bug. He tries to stay cheerful but he is pretty much icked over. He'll start coughing and just hack and gag and gasp and cough. Rowan had it worse, but I'd say Tor is next in line for "big response". Laia and Ro are basically 100% fine, Dh and I are at around 80% fine, and Tor is around, oh, 35% fine. But even Ro was better after a week and so hopefully Tor will be feeling chipper by Wed or so.

We have over TWO FEET of snow! I put pictures on facebook, and there's even more snow today. Our mailbox is totally buried, and the wind reshaped the drifts so that the second floor window is more evenly covered.

My friend in HI said the tsunami was only a few feet high, so thankfully they didn't have a huge problem. But my heart goes out to everyone affected by the Chilean quake (and the quake in Japan the day before). Chile is on a big fault and has had many quakes over the years so they were much better prepared. Still a horrible tragedy, but at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

We're thinking of going to the Steampunk World's Fair in May, Pennsic War in August, and the NYC Maker Faire in September. Anyone else want to play "matching schedules"?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#542 of 549 Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Got a long to-do list to plow through today, so not a lot of time for a long post.

Inge -- hope your family finds a way to enjoy the power famine! Will miss you!

Thinking good thoughts for your new home, aweyn -- I'm excited for you!

Thinking of you all, happy for the good things, sending my thoughts to the bad, especially those with sick kiddos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post

Just want to tell that I asked the Moon to light/protect/guide all my pagan friends when I talked to her last night.
We are having a clear night tonight! Planning to get outside in the moonlight, clean/charge my stones, etc. Will be thinking of you and your intentions, especially thoughts of peace and safety in your homes for Cari and Tulsi (how is it going with followup to the neighbor's troubles Cari? And the breakin, Tulsi?)

Anyone else have a full moon plan this month?
#543 of 549 Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
maia- hang in there sweetie, it's going to work out somehow. TM time is approaching and this is probably the icky gunk that needs to get cleared off the table before the new map can be shaped and put into motion. I'd say, do what you and your fellow are comfortable with, but from the "formal" end of things a non-catholic shouldn't take catholic communion. For a while there was a "let's open the doors" policy towards certain other christian groups, but the church I did my field work at was excommunicated in large part because they allowed non-catholics to receive communion. So while I, personally, don't have an issue with it... the members of your fellow's church might and you don't need that sort of vibe on your special day! And.... CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Clay
Yes, I know that about communion. M originally told me I couldn't, but then just last night when we were talking about it, he said of course I should if I feel so led, because it's between me and God. And it's our (well, not legal, but just as real) wedding day. We want to honor both our paths, and I probably would never do it again, but we want to be...I dunno, purified? blessed? by both our traditions on that day.

Plus, how would his church know that I'm not Catholic? Do they test you somehow?
Plus I'll be Catholic by marriage by the afternoon The "Catholic for Dummies" cliff-note thingy that I have says that the church asks that non-Catholics not take communion, but it doesn't say I mustn't.

I dunno. We'll see how it goes on Sunday. We're not really making any set-in-stone plans, for church or for handfasting. All we know is, we want to have some sort of ceremony. Because we already consider ourselves married, but we want to make it "official" somehow.

Oh, Tor...you probably already know it wouldn't help to have him sleep on his back, but thought I'd add that in.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#544 of 549 Old 02-28-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Whatever it is he has, I hope he gets better soon! Poor kiddo. That kind of cough is scary. That's fabulous that the pediatrician makes house calls!

Yay for the table! Post pics when you have it in your home!

I can't plant anything outside but I'm thinking of starting seeds for a container garden.

Oh, and our school district has made up bunch of cuts. I haven't heard the final list of things that were cut but I know that music, art, and library book buying was on the list.
Thanks DOK, and yeah it's totally awesome that house calls still exist This clinic only does them on weekends but I better if they were treating one for something prone to outbreaks, they'd make exceptions to that It's not our *regular* doc, but the ones we have had come out have all been great.

Doc does NOT think it's Pertussis, despite it sounding like that.. apparently Pertussis doesn't tend ot have crackles & wheezes in the lungs, and Connor does. SO we're on a run of Keflex and have the ok to use ventolin if necessary and are to go back in to our reg doc on wed/Thurs to see how he's doing. I REALLY hope she's right.

Oh... dining room

Re: school cuts.. I find it incredibly ironic that art, music and other 'extras' that teach kids all manner of critical thinking and such are the first things to be cut!?! Yet they put MORE into what is already showing that it does.not.work. Sure send kids to school for more days a year, longer hours a day... and the 'scores' get worse. You'd THINK someone would notice this? They do not need MORE.. they need BETTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Mysterious illness is plaguing my Gillian. She is fine all day and then throws up once at night. This started on Thursday, she was fine all Friday/Friday night and then threw up last night. We gave her decongestant and benadryl on Friday cause we thought it might have been post nasal drip related. Well, we will see.
Not a good time for our washer to have stopped working. We are hoping to fix it and then purchase a new one soon.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Oh NO... very bad time to have a washer break down. What an odd illness? I'd be inclined to think post nasal drainage stuff too.. I know that makes ME squirrely in the tummy! I'm sure you've thought it through, but is there anything she snacks on in the 8 or so hours prior to the spews that might be causing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
thanks for the house wishes, lovely ladies... they seem to have worked! (inspection and all that to come, but hopefully we'll be in by aries new moon, which, considering this house was our TM last time, is a sort of nice rounded finish, no?)
Oh I hope all goes smoothly! We totally want a pic of you standing on the doorstep to YOUR home of your dreams

Quote:
I'm keeping you all in my thoughts but I'm unable to keep up here.

After the overwhelment of wednesday, the migraine of thursday, friday and saturday, toothache saturday (still hurt today... I think it's an abces )... here comes AF.
Feeling your pain.. I've not been keeping up well either AND I've been in a funk as well. I hope you feel better all around soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
We are having a clear night tonight! Planning to get outside in the moonlight, clean/charge my stones, etc. Will be thinking of you and your intentions, especially thoughts of peace and safety in your homes for Cari and Tulsi (how is it going with followup to the neighbor's troubles Cari? And the breakin, Tulsi?)

Anyone else have a full moon plan this month?
Thankfully ALL has been quiet on the neighbor front, I think maybe having the cops called on them embarrassed them enough that, at least for now, their behaviour is better. I seriously doubt we shall even see the moon...We are expecting upwards of 200mm of rain in the next 2 days and the hazy overcast days have already started As much as I love the moon, I love some good rainy weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Cari- hope the little is feeling better fast. I know there isn't much they can do for pertussis, but no matter what he has, hope that dr was able to pull off a happy kiddo/happy mama miracle!

We're thinking of going to the Steampunk World's Fair in May, Pennsic War in August, and the NYC Maker Faire in September. Anyone else want to play "matching schedules"?
Clay, apparently a 14day course of antibiotics GREATLY shortens the course of the illness and prevents it's spread (after 5days worth you're not contagious anymore) SO, even on the outside chance that she was mistaken and it is Pertussis, he's getting the same treatment anway lol. The only difference is that for P. the entire family would generally be treated so they can't 'carry' it and share with the general public.

He had a rough night last night, dh ended up sleeping in Quinns' bed as Quinn was in OUR bed with a nasty fever... even his feet were burning up! We battled a bit of fever reducer into him and he drifted right back off to sleep but he was all OVER dh so he had to abandon ship lol. Which was fine, Q's bed is next too Connor's room so he got to do most of the cough duty during the night. He's coughing so hard he gets close to vomitting... I'm going to see if the chemist have any codeine cough syrups for kids... because he can't even breathe and it terrifies him (and me )

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#545 of 549 Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 AM

Maia--they can't possibly know you're not Catholic. I was raised Episcopalian too, and attended Catholic school for 3 years. *They* knew and chewed me out for taking Communion. But one day at a church you might not ever go back into? I agree if you are so led. You could also ask the priest to lay his hands on you and give you a blessing also.

Come ponder with me about food!
#546 of 549 Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 AM

Maia, if it helps, I took communion at my Grandfathers funeral. I have never been Catholic, I was raised Methodist. I've been to MANY Catholic services, but my grandparents funerals were the only two times I ever considered communion. I think if you are so led, then it's fine. I'm still here

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#547 of 549 Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM

The March thread is up.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#548 of 549 Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 AM

Going to the dentist - still hurt like mad!

Valérie   
#549 of 549 Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Going to the dentist - still hurt like mad!

Good luck. I'll be thinking of you!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page