Forum Jump: 

#61 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
YEAH! that is great!

i got a lot of work done. even had baby strapped to my back for about 2 hours. she slept the whole time. my fibro does not like it that i carried her that long though and is now in protest. i hope i didnt overdo it too much. i want to feel good enough tomorrow so i can get more stuff done.

i got the amber teething necklace in the mail that i ordered. so pretty! i hope it helps. she has started getting the drool pimples and everything. poor girl seems upset sometimes.

on the 4th i have a bday party to go to . one of my friends has a boy turning 5. we are going ice skating. that is always fun. and then we are going to there house for dinner. i am not sure what they are having. tonight i made my first stir-fry. came out real well. even DS said it was good.

my great aunt died. she had cancer and lived longer than they told her she would. i am grateful she no longer suffers, but i will miss her.
I hope you're feeling OK today after all the work. I'm sorry about the loss of your aunt.

Maia- Thanks. We are so excited about the possibility of living somewhere else. Aw shucks, of course I'd stay in contact with all y'all (reference to the accent/sayings convo)

Aweyn- Yesterday our family looked for signs of spring: Blossoming trees (dogwoods?), daffodils (my favorite ), some iris, lots of green things shooting up everywhere.

Our Imbolc plans changed. MIL offered to take the kiddos and we jumped. Put away the food, dropped off DD & DS, and went to a movie, then out for Buffalo wings and Beer, then raced home for a quick uh...cuddle before the kids were returned-we really maximized that date! We did do the nature walk/observation though, but didn't even get one candle lit. I think we'll be doing Imbolc week too.

Once again I'm out of time. Hope everyone has some peace today

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#62 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM

Signs of Spring - well, living in Georgia, there is always something green. Mostly the clover in the grass, the moss on the hill, and a few trees. We have a Holly bush at the corner of our house, that I love, dh hates it lol.

Accents - I was born in Beaufort South Carolina and moved to Georgia when I was 8. So, like Cari said, you couldn't beat the southern accent out of me. When I was younger I could do a flawless British accent, however I didn't know the proper slang terms. I may be able to work back up to it, but it would take me a long time.

Yesterday I got some schooling done with ds, and hopefully we can do as well today. I also managed to clean the bathrooms yesterday. My 'to do' list is about to come back full circle, so I'd like to finish it today. I need to vacuum dd's floor, and sweep and wash the hardwood. There was one other thing I was going to do in the house, but I see that we're supposed to have rain on Thurs and Fri, but it's supposed to be 56 today. So MAYBE we'll go outside if we can get done with school early enough and I can clean up out there instead.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#63 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 PM

LionessMom- I hope you feel ok today, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt.

Signs of spring- the crabgrass is sprouting. It's darn invasive stuff. I have also noticed crocus.

witchygrrl- Good luck with the job offer

The girls and I decidec to go to Michaels and the Craft Warehouse yesterday instead of planting wish seeds. I got 2 balls of yarn- 1 for a hat and 1 for a sweater I am working on- without a pattern. We'll see how that goes.

It's darn cold here, 32F. And I'll be outside running in an hour. Better bundle up!

I started the chakra convo thread too http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1191232
#64 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 PM

Signs of spring? What is this spring you speak of?

Hmmmm.... joking aside, we're still a ways away from signs of spring in the natural world. Even the squirrels are still hidden away in their nests. The birds are scarce, the ground is frozen, there's plenty of snow and sub-zero weather. The days are getting longer though! So there's a sign.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#65 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 02:14 PM

Imbolc - we're doing our celebration tonight. Ran out this morning after dropping the kids off and got what little we needed. I'll be making a good traditional stew (well as traditional as it gets when you use "Beef Stew" seasoning! LOL!) and homemade bread bowls, so I need to get making those.

We've been feeling our way through what to teach the kids. For one thing, both of our families are Christian, heck my aunt is an ordained minister and worked for the church for years. And we don't want to make things difficult for the kids and we don't want to stir up any trouble for them or ourselves. So when it comes to rituals, etc. we've been playing it down low with them. I've been realizing lately this is a mistake. When they were talking about holiday activities around Christmastime at school, I had asked DS if he told them we went to the Solstice celebration (it was a big event, and a bit of a big deal to him). His reply was "I didn't know if it was ok to mention it". With our ceremony tonight, since I hadn't talked to DH about it yet, I've been rather vague, planning on the kids staying inside for that 20 min or so. They know I'm being evasive about something, and this is going to end up in them thinking we're doing something "wrong". Which we're not. But on the other hand, I don't exactly want my 5 yr old going up to her teacher or grandparents and telling them that we have "rituals" where mommy points a dagger, etc. kwim? LOL no good could come from that!

DH and I finally had a chance to discuss it this morning. We don't want to raise them with nothing and let them decide when they're older, that just doesn't feel right to us (though they are more than welcome to choose their own path when they grow up, we're fine with that!) I think we're going to start introducing the children to our beliefs. Any rituals we have are going to be called "celebrations" in our house and nothing else. Ritual still has shadowy connotations and ideas of ritual sacrifice and all that baloney to a lot of people, whereas celebration is a more positive word for basically the same thing, and not something likely to cause problems. I'm also not wanting to cause problems with the parents of their friends (one is very Catholic I know). But we've decided it is time to address this, though until they're older and more able to filter, we may leave some specifics out. This part is more complicated than I thought it would be! I'd love to hear how everyone else approaches it!

Accents. Well, I was raised by my grandparents, and gram's people came from the mountains of Tennessee and Grandpa was from the Texas/New Mexico area. Mom said she knew I was in trouble when I was 2 and she asked me if I wanted anything and my reply was a very drawn out and drawled "Yes". LOL! It shows most when I'm tired, though I do have a slight accent most the time. It's not true "southern" but more "southern hick"! I can imitate a mean Scottish if I need to or a fair lilting Irish but not terrific. I catch myself thinking people have a funny accent up here in WI, then remind myself that it's normal to them. DD has the southern thing working from me, and ds has it a little, though he's picked up adding "eh" to a lot of things. It's an interesting combo! "I's goin down yonder to the crick, y'all wanna come, eh?"
#66 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 02:15 PM

Taking a quick break from laundry/cleaning. Trying to figure out what to have for lunch. May cheat and order pizza.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#67 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post

Imbolc: since the astrological date for Imbolc is the 4th this year, it's only fair game to extend our celebrations! So I declare this week the Imbolc Week! And I'll relax and take time and space to feel the energy of this festival (cold weather and fresh snow sure don't put my mind into Spring mode ) so our celebrations/rituals can be genuine.
oh good. two nights running I squished too much into the evening and didn't do the simple ritual I had planned with the kids. now I can be "not late"

Welcome ShadowLady -- nice to see you jumped right in

Now I'm going to read the other 2 1/2 pages to catch up the rest of the way.

-debbie )O( wife to J., mom to P. (12/21), L. (4/30)

#68 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 03:21 PM

kids and ritual- there is a book (anthology, edited by Chas Clifton, WitchCraft Today Book Two) that I really relied on when first stepping onto the pagan path. It's old, but probably lurking in library collections or used book stores. It's not a pagan 101 or how-to book, but instead it focuses one chapter each on a topic of pagan life... rites of passage, pregnancy, being in the military, being at a 9-5 job, parenting, death, etc. There are several articles about helping littles negotiate the line between being pagan and being "safe" within a wider community.

It would have been a great resource for the pagan house/home summer camp actually!

We decided to join the UU church to give the kiddos a more socially accepted religious identity. So they'll have a choice later on about which "label" they want to use. I love how open the girls are, telling everyone about Mother Holle or Solstice, but I also worry for them. I wish there was a bigger pagan community here. It's liberal-land so no one bats an eye at a child celebrating solstice but I know someday it may be really important to have that UU label ingrained in their identity as well... so when great-aiunt Millie asks the answer wont give her nightmares!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#69 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Sunshine, I can totally understand your apprehensions. I want to teach the kids as I go along, but I'm not sure how even my husband would feel about that. I know how he feels about organized religion and he is very open to my practices. He seems to enjoy learning about what I have learned so far as well. Always listens and usually has a follow up question or 5. Half the time I have to look up the answers! LOL

I want my kids to be accepting, as of now they know no religion. Which I guess if my husband and I agree, will make it 'easier' for them to learn. There will not be that 'unlearning' of the jealous God. But at the same time, if they ever go back to public school I would worry about them saying, basically anything! I don't know anyone other than my small coven group, and when I say small...think 5 members. None are in our school district either. But I wouldn't want to tell my kids "don't talk about our rituals/celebrations/beliefs" in class.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#70 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM

Hello all!! I just have a hard time keeping up with you all, that's all there is to it!

I love reading about your Imbolc celebrations. I haven't really done anything for it, actually haven't ever, as it's just a sabbat that doesn't really call to me. The Equinox draws me out more. We don't really have any signs of spring here, yet either. It's been (dare I say it) a more mild winter than usual (but Feb/March can often turn that on it's head). I mean it's wintry, but we haven't had massive quantities of snow. I guess my signs of spring are when I start thinking about how I'm going to lay out my garden and what seeds to buy.

I really like the UU Church, it's a great place for a kid to belong, in the fitting in realm, and also, it's not one of those "scare you into believing" types of places. My DD will have enough of that from DH's side.

I've made a personal breakthrough of sorts with DH's new religion. I'd been taking alot of it very personally, as an "up yours" to everything that I believe and hold dear. I've finally realized that his decision does not have anything to do with me at all, and it's all about him putting meaning to his life (and esp trying to put an answer to the crazy things that happened to him growing up). In some ways I find it frustration because the decision has so little to do with me, but for the most part it's been like a weight off. I realize that he didn't choose this to be my antithesis - he didn't choose it to get at me. I feel like that past month or so has given me a pair of fresh eyes to see this with. I'm still struggling with the beliefs and how they surface in our day to day life, but at least I don't see it as a constant personal insult. So there's the upside!

signature currently in transition
#71 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
And I'm hoping that I get offered a job today. I had an interview yesterday, but the person I was suposed to talk with had the stomach flu, so I talked to an instructor who had been with the company for 17 years. I think it went well, but I'll see.
Good luck!

M had an interview yesterday, and they told him to come back tomorrow! That's got to be a good sign. He's had some...well, some trouble lately, so I'm really hoping things turn out well. He might lose his computer. I wonder how I can manifest him not having that happen, but yet if it does, it being the least of the evils. He needs to have it for work, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Maia- Thanks. We are so excited about the possibility of living somewhere else. Aw shucks, of course I'd stay in contact with all y'all
So...in case y'all were unaware:

Y'all is singular
All y'all is plural

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
DH and I finally had a chance to discuss it this morning. We don't want to raise them with nothing and let them decide when they're older, that just doesn't feel right to us (though they are more than welcome to choose their own path when they grow up, we're fine with that!) I think we're going to start introducing the children to our beliefs. Any rituals we have are going to be called "celebrations" in our house and nothing else. Ritual still has shadowy connotations and ideas of ritual sacrifice and all that baloney to a lot of people, whereas celebration is a more positive word for basically the same thing, and not something likely to cause problems. I'm also not wanting to cause problems with the parents of their friends (one is very Catholic I know). But we've decided it is time to address this, though until they're older and more able to filter, we may leave some specifics out. This part is more complicated than I thought it would be! I'd love to hear how everyone else approaches it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
I want my kids to be accepting, as of now they know no religion. Which I guess if my husband and I agree, will make it 'easier' for them to learn.
I hate how we are still so reviled and misunderstood in the greater community. I'm so lucky to live where I do, where nobody really raises an eyebrow.
That said-- I think confidence, or lacking that, a "fake it till you make it" attitude, goes a long way towards acceptance from other people. Nobody really bugs me about my path at all, anymore, but I think a lot of that comes from my having grown my Not Give A Sh*t bone I use the same confidence I used when deflecting questions about extended nursing, or cloth dipes, or whatever.
I've known some people who were not raised with anything, and as adults they feel bereft and lost, not having had a base of *anything* from which to springboard off of.
I've also noticed that if we (as a family) are open to learning about others' beliefs, even if we say very firmly that we are not open to being converted, that the other people (like your Catholic friends, for example) are much more open to sharing with us without feeling threatened. I usually say things like I find basic truths that cross all paths-- the Golden Rule, for instance-- and I also find it helps to speak the others' language if necessary. Like say "God" if you have to. It doesn't hurt me any, even if it feels funny inside, and it fosters friendship and understanding.
I'm rambling...hope that made some sense
Oh, we say ritual among ourselves, but holiday or celebration in front of others.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#72 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

i would love to go to a UU church but i have social anxiety and have a hard time going somewhere new. esp with all these kids and DH. maybe someday.

dont know what to make for dinner tonight. what is everybody having? maybe i will steal your idea. lol.

my fibro is ok. not feeling as bad as i thought i would. still havent heard about when the funeral is.

i get a disability check. today was the day so i sat down to pay the bills and see what i had left over so i could to the store. our electricity bill was so high that i have nothing left. i am so sad i cried. DH has money and will give it to me but the money left over from my check is mine to do with what i please. buy whatever i want without guilt, after toilet paper etc. i usually spend $20 on myself (or something i would like to have for the house that is frivolous) and then buy myself lunch somewhere. it is my monthly thing. so frustrated.

but i am still feeling pretty good. just momentary setbacks. going to surround myself with love, do love, be love. i dont want to lose that loving feeling.

s to all.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#73 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 04:33 PM

I've found over the years that I can judge a person pretty well based on the following conversation:

person of other faith on learning I am pagan- "I will pray for you" or "Can I pray for you"
me- "I would be honored, as long as I can pray for you too"
their response- tells me a lot about their beliefs and personality and how a relationship may go if we go down that path.

~~~~~~~~
Yay for interviews and job offers!

------------

Got a call from DH... the transmission on his car died. It wouldn't even engage in park so it was ebrake only. It's been towed to the mechanic and dh currently has "my" car but holy heck. His car is 10 years old with 130K+ hard miles on it (it's a kia sportage and it does all our tough jobs) so while I hope the call from the mechanic will reveal a quick fix I'm not counting on it. Sigh.

Laia's burn, my fall and ER visit, now the car.... that's three. We're done now, right? nothing else for a while!

#74 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Maia, you're right, fake it 'til you make it can make a big difference! It was how I got through a lot of days when I was depressed.

Lioness I'm sorry about the $ troubles

Dinner...hmmm... I think chicken 'burgers' and some kind of noodle, and corn

#75 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 04:41 PM

big hugs Lioness... hang in there. We're having leftovers. Some chili, some rice noodles in garlic sauce, some rice with veggies and cheese sprinkled on top.

The other night I made a really easy dish.... a cup or two of dry lentils, a cup or two of dry rice, a can of soup forgotten in the back of the cabinet. Just stir it together in a casserole dish, shove it in the oven for about 2 hours, top with cheese. If you don't have soup you can use water or broth and add more seasonings. It got a thumbs up from the whole family, which is pretty rare. I've got the "real" recipe around here if anyone wants it.

I'll admit I sometimes get inspiration for meals from Hillbilly Housewife. Actually, our Imbolc custard was the one from her 45/week menu list.

#76 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

well, after looking in the fridge and only finding thawed burger, i decided to make meatballs, mini penne noodles, and spaghetti sauce with red peppers and garlic. i will pick up some italian bread while we are out. sounds carb heavy but it will be worth it. sounds yummy.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#77 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Lioness- It's hard for me to drag myself to church. Even UU church. I can't stand crowds. I shudder to even think about it.
Hugs on the financial stuff.

Clay- Oh dear, a blown tranny on a car that old is probably not even worth fixing.

#78 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 06:00 PM

Saw a blue jay in the apple trees today, scrounging for bits of frozen apples that got stuck on the trees. Otherwise, snowy and grey here.

Interesting conversation today about raising kids pagan. Just reading and learning. Thanks, everyone!

Lionessmom, I'm sorry you are feeling unwell, and that you missed your treat for the month That would bum me out too.

Boo to broken trannies and worry about losing computers, and general financial and health woes!

It is my son's 6th birthday today and I stayed up till 12:15 am to remember and celebrate his personal New Year, so a little sleepy today. Mmmm, chocolate cupcake cappucino...(this cannot be good for me, but is very yummy). At least my other children were born in the early evening, so I don't lose sleep celebrating.

We have been celebrating all day, but we are giving him a big birthday party on the weekend at the gymnastics club in lieu of presents. I have some new parts for our marble run, that we had planned to give the kids ages ago, that I will surprise ds with tonight, though.

I was surprised to talk to several moms today and none of the rest of them seemed to remember the exact clock time that their children were born. I've always remembered it as clearly as I remember the date.

Anyone remember the phases of the moon on the days of their children's births? My kids were all born on clear nights during the second quarter of the lunar cycle, my 6 yr old a day before full moon. I was born exactly on the full moon, my husband on the new. Here is a calendar if anyone wants to look it up.

Taking the day off work on Friday to go visit my aunt. Also thinking of stopping at a wool mill near her home to pick up some roving and felting needles. I was going to order them by mail next month to make some felted eggs for spring, but this way, I can save the shipping. And get the supplies early
#79 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
It is my son's 6th birthday today and I stayed up till 12:15 am to remember and celebrate his personal New Year, so a little sleepy today. Mmmm, chocolate cupcake cappucino...(this cannot be good for me, but is very yummy). At least my other children were born in the early evening, so I don't lose sleep celebrating.

Anyone remember the phases of the moon on the days of their children's birth? My kids were all born on clear nights during the second quarter of the lunar cycle, my 6 yr old a day before full moon. I was born exactly on the full moon, my husband on the new. Here is a calendar if anyone wants to look it up.
Happy Birthday! I was so thankful that ds was born at 8 min shy of 10pm. Sadly dd was born at 3:33. LOL

I was born on a Full Moon too!!
Both of my children were born on the first quarter! And dh was born on the waning crescent!

WICKED! LOL

#80 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Here is a calendar if anyone wants to look it up.
Thanks for posting that! Ds was born at the end of the full moon.
I was born during a waxing gibbous.

#81 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 06:34 PM

Ever since you posted your Etsy link, wombatclay, I've been browsing beads and looking for local beading classes.

And now that you have posted that you are looking for a purse, aweyn, I'm browsing purses online, inspecting the construction of my wearing-out fake-leather bag, and trying to decide if I could make a new one for myself out of a thrifted leather jacket.

I'm very susceptible to creative suggestions right now, it seems....
#82 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
M can really do accents-- I had no idea back in high school that he could do that! He of course can do Irish really well, because his mom was off the boat and they had an Irish nanny also. But he can do British English and all sorts of other ones as well. I do not have that ability and I'm so jealous!
He is dumbfounded that I love hearing him "talk Irish" because he defaults into it when he's stressed or angry, and all his life he tried to suppress it because it embarrassed him-- and now his true love loves it. Poor guy is so confused.
Daim does them too lol... he woo'ed me via icq voice msgs with his faux irish accent, which was pretty darn convincing... and then his Italian. Love a man that can speak a romance language

Quote:
M had an interview yesterday, and they told him to come back tomorrow! That's got to be a good sign.
Definitely a good sign, thinking good thoughts!

Quote:
So...in case y'all were unaware:

Y'all is singular
All y'all is plural

Quote:
I hate how we are still so reviled and misunderstood in the greater community. I'm so lucky to live where I do, where nobody really raises an eyebrow.
That said-- I think confidence, or lacking that, a "fake it till you make it" attitude, goes a long way towards acceptance from other people.
I'm gonna come right out & say it... if so many Pagans (or playgans as I've mumbled to myself) didn't walk around acting all WOO WOO, wearing silly rap star sized pentacles (and as many as they can fit on) TRYING to be so damn mysterious and in your face... well I think we would find a LOT more acceptance. I get a little frustrated with people trying to LOOK pagan, but they don't do much other than that to BE Pagan. It's like it's all about acting out/rebelling/being different. I am simply me, I wear what I wear.. I like kitschy cute things not full on black gothy stuff. I dress and act a lot like anybody else. And I have had exactly ONE weird look (from an older lady that looked like she was unhappy about everything anyway lol) when my small pentacle was visible. Most comments have been neutral to positive honestly. So I agree it is all about how you carry yourself... and I find BEING yourself makes that a LOT easier

I'm a bit blah today.. had a big fight with DH last night, which is a very rare ocurrence. And the boys are nagging to do their schoolwork already lol... it's not even 9am heathens, lemme have my coffee Y'all (hmm... there are 3 of them, but all y'all just doesn't fit? lol) Maybe I'll go 3m the cool new space & eart posters I got them yesterday up, geeking over those for a while might keep them occupied hehehe.

Someone said Imbolc doesn't really call to them, and I'm much the same way about a couple of sabbats actually. We have two seasons... summer, and won't be long till summer . It was Lammas/Lughnasadh here... supposedly the harvest and late summer... but we are in full swing of summer and that won't even start to cool off until March (possibly later!) So it seems a bit silly to be looking for signs of autumn at the moment Honestly even midsummer and Yule seem a bit 'meh'... because on Yule our day will still be very warm (at least70ish I'd say) and the length of day doesn't change nearly as much as it SHOULD :P (ok so the sun is up at 6odd oclock instead of 415 which is a bonus, but I try very hard not to be awake to notice that! There is maybe an hour difference in sunset times.

Actually.. I guess Midsummer does make sense.. since summer REALLY starts here in early October lol.. and ends in March or so, so I guess that is about half way

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#83 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 PM

y'all (I want to put the ' between the a and l) is so universal. I try to say 'you guys' but it just doesn't stick for long.

Y'all are too loud!!!(plural)
All of y'all get outside!! (even more people involved in this plural) lol

"Southern" is a language of it's own

#84 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Cool moon link!

me- waxing, bout half full
dh- waxing, bout half full
dd1- waning, a mere sliver in the sky
dd2- waning, bout half gone
ds- waxing, a mere sliver in the sky

I guess my kiddos don't know that babies should come with full moon! In each case labor started at night... dd1 was born in the early afternoon, dd2 at noon, and ds in the wee hours of the morning.

Car- Our only hope is that it could be the power link that connects the transmission with the thing you actually move. Which would be a quick and not too horrible fix. We have no money available for a car so we'd need to find something with less than 100k for less than 5k. And our road requires 4wheel drive (or chains), it needs to fit 3 car seats, and it needs to be able to pull our trailer (since that's how we get our trash to the dump and carry all the construction stuff and get scrap to the yard for the exchange money).

#85 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 PM

the midwives around here get a few more babies on new moon, than on the full moon.

#86 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I'm gonna come right out & say it... if so many Pagans (or playgans as I've mumbled to myself) didn't walk around acting all WOO WOO, wearing silly rap star sized pentacles (and as many as they can fit on) TRYING to be so damn mysterious and in your face... well I think we would find a LOT more acceptance. I get a little frustrated with people trying to LOOK pagan, but they don't do much other than that to BE Pagan. It's like it's all about acting out/rebelling/being different. I am simply me, I wear what I wear.. I like kitschy cute things not full on black gothy stuff. I dress and act a lot like anybody else. And I have had exactly ONE weird look (from an older lady that looked like she was unhappy about everything anyway lol) when my small pentacle was visible. Most comments have been neutral to positive honestly. So I agree it is all about how you carry yourself... and I find BEING yourself makes that a LOT easier
YES. That, totally.
I am simply me, too...there are some times when the Goth in me still squeaks out the edges, but what can I say; it's part of me still. But that has little to do with my religion. M has a srsly goth side, too, but it's very personal between us (and to him alone-- he has shown me that side because I'm me and because we're us) and nobody'd ever know it by knowing him.

But, yes.

Very cool moon linky! I was born 2 days after the full, it looks like. M was born like 4-5 days prior. DS was born 7 days waxing.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#87 of 549 Old 02-03-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
"Southern" is a language of it's own
y'all

Quote:
the midwives around here get a few more babies on new moon, than on the full moon.
Had a look... I had two born on waning moons, two born almost on the new moon and one on a waxing crescent

Quote:
YES. That, totally.
I am simply me, too...there are some times when the Goth in me still squeaks out the edges, but what can I say; it's part of me still. But that has little to do with my religion. M has a srsly goth side, too, but it's very personal between us (and to him alone-- he has shown me that side because I'm me and because we're us) and nobody'd ever know it by knowing him.
The goth itself is not really the issue... trying to make it make sense! For a lot of Pagans, especially younger ones it seems, their gothy dress and outward bizarre behavior is the only way they express their paganism (intentionally non capitalized there, because if dressing different and acting strange is one's idea of how a Pagan should be... well I got nothin ya know?)

Feeling very good about myself today... despite me sitting here at my desk eating lunch, with non washed hair and greasy face The boys and I have gotten so much school work done and we are staying in a routine (ok so it's only week one but still LOL) We read about ancient China, and did handwriting practice (he's still working on that letter DOK.. he's such a perfectionist but he has no stamina for writing so to get more than one sentence out of him takes a few days ) and math (which they love, freaky boys lol)... and a couple of other little bits. I got very out of whack at the end of last year, in all sorts of ways, so hopefully getting ONE routine going will spill over into other areas of my day/life

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#88 of 549 Old 02-04-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Thanks for posting that! Ds was born at the end of the full moon.
I was born during a waxing gibbous.
my daughter was born on the new moon!

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#89 of 549 Old 02-04-2010, 10:10 AM

Signs of spring- Well, we have sun today and it may get above freezing so I am taking that, as a itty bitty, sign of spring.

I finally slept well last night, it has been days since that happened.

Well, busy day ahead- art class, shopping and errands. See everyone later

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#90 of 549 Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 AM

The birds here have started trilling in that, 'it is still DAMN cold but spring is coming!' way. It is amazing and lovely and heart-stoppingly beautiful.

Of course we are in the area that will get a ton of snow soon...so it is not here yet.

Maryhippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page