February Pagan Circle. Sharing the Love! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We celebrated Imbolc today -- by baking Braided Brigit Bread. Boy oh is it yummy!
#122 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Love the moon phase site

My kids were born at 10:07p, 10:08p and 10:11p. The moon was a waxing crescent. I could never forget the time they were born.

The moon was a waxing gibbous during my birth.

My puppy is on a lead/run and this is about the 10th time today he is trapped I wish we had a fenced in yard.
I just had to check... my kids were both born on waning gibbous moons, but not very close to the same degree.
I was born on a new moon. I find that interesting, but I'm not sure what it means (if anything).
#123 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsiLeaf View Post
im here! slightly.

I am terribly, terribly sick AGAIN. I have a sinus infection that wont go away and now I think I have the flu on top. AGAIN. I can't swallow, I am hot, but freezing. I ache all over. And my face hurts. I am going to the doctors tomorrow and asking forwhatever will blast this S*#( out of my body.

I would light a candle for myself, but I can't be arsed to get off the couch.
That sounds awful. I'll light a candle for you, if you'd like. This evening my sister was complaining of congestion, so I gave her a shot of the Master Tonic I made. She took it, and proceeded to cough and gag until she almost lost it! It also burned her stomach. I won't be giving that to her again any time soon. I don't have any trouble with it, but I think the difference is I have built up a tolerance to spicy foods.

Planner- I wish I had seen this sooner http://www.goddessguidebook.com/kits...kbook-planner/

Today was a good day. I watched the girls play, and I got house work done. Then I made a beef stew, and vegetarian "beef" stew for dinner. I used veg burger patties cut up for the veg version. Now I am wiped out. I'm ready to sit on the couch and watch the Office before going to bed.

'Night mamas!
#124 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 09:29 AM

Was hoping that I didn't have to go out today but just remembered that I have to go to the bank. Bah.

Didn't sleep much last night. Ds kept making noises; tossing & turning so that I kept getting up to check on him. I was afraid he was getting sick (he went to bed with a headache.) I wish I could keep him in today but I HAVE to go to the bank.

Quote:
im here! slightly.

I am terribly, terribly sick AGAIN.
Hoping you get better soon!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#125 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 10:10 AM

Sickies- thinking of everyone today and sending healing vibes!!!

I have been pushing vitamin C, and vitamins on the kids and dh and I have been taking emergenC. I have also kept them home from indoor playgroup for a this week in hopes that we missed the stuff that was going around.

Autumn- oh hon, sending *hugs* and wishing you calm, peace and serenity.

Cari- it sounds like you guys have found a good rhythm. When we get our rhythm we have so much fun and the kids really get involved. We start learning to play the recorder this week I may need ear plugs.

I am learning how to use a spinning wheel . Next week I will attempt to spin.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#126 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 11:31 AM

spinning wheel- awesome! How cool! And how very fairy tale....

Though it reminds me of the "spinning straw into glod" gag from Discworld.

DH will be calling the mechanic today to get an ETA on the car repair and I can't wait. I hate driving but I hate feeling "trapped" even more. I moved furniture around yesterday and I want to do more today. The problem is there just aren't many spots to put things. The blessing/curse of the small house I guess. DH couldn't work on the addition last weekend (frostbite on exposed skin in 10 minutes= not spending hours outside!) but it looks like it'll be warmer this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#127 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 PM

My mind - seems to be back. I think we're taking another day off of school. This is why I hate our homeschooling system. It's still a 'public school' in that it's funded by the state, so we do have some requirements to meet, as in 180 days of school before June 4. I think we'll get that far, but I don't think we'll be finished with all the work we need to do. And we're supposed to send in Essays. One of them is due next week and I just can't seem to get ds to write ANYTHING.

I am bipolar, and was unmedicated for almost a year I think, I recently went back on to my meds, and am working my way back to a therapeutic dose. I'm up to 75 mgs, so I either have another 25 to go, or 50. I've been on 150 before, and felt it to be most helpful. I also take ativan, and was able to stop my brain.

I was just getting frustrated with ds. He had a long assessment, but really no more work than a regular lesson. And we'd done a review the day before, he missed nothing and understood everything. He was just taking FOREVER, and he clearly wasn't focused and unable to stay on task.

I've been giving the kids Chamomilla for a while, and it's very helpful, but I RAN OUT!!! I ordered more yesterday through Lucky Vitamins, hopefully it will arrive tomorrow or Monday lol. So like I said, I'm considering taking another day off, but I need to look at what is on todays lesson plan.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#128 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 12:49 PM

Sunshine, hope you feel better! And that your group gets some respectable people to lead it. Why not step up to the plate?
It's just those kind...like Cari and I were talking about...that give Pagans a bad name. Grrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
My BFF is from Minnesota, her accent as well as things she and her family says cracks me up. She says things like "fur cute" or "fur funny" or "you betchya" or if you want to "check out her outfit" (that's a car)? My favorite is "oofta and fefon" man she cracks me up.
Oofta and fefon? Whatever does that mean? I've been trying to decipher it and I'm coming up blank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
So while I haven't been told I got the job I interviewed for yet, this was a nice and unexpected bonus. Manifesting really does work!
OH yes, it certainly does! Yay for your interview! I have to do some serious manifesting today and Monday. Maybe y'all could direct some positive energy towards MA at around 3pm EST? And all day Monday? Thanks, mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
I am losing my mind
You alright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i figured out how to look at his browsing history. i can find all kinds of stuff by snooping. you look at browsing history and then all saved files etc. this time i found it when i went to open his internet and it asked me if i wanted to re open what was unexpectedly shut down. it was the anime stuff again. the parental controls are under user accounts in the control panel. i set myself up as admin with a password and he has a general user account that is controlled by the parental controls. i jusr started snooping one day and found all this stuff myself. as far as the wiping, in the cotrol panel the was an option to reset the computer to factory default. i chose that. it wiped everything and put it back the way it came. which also got rid of the virus he had from the games he downloaded. i am not a computer nerd lol, just snoopy.
Wow. Cool. I'm going to print that out and save it (in what folder? LOL) for when I may need it in the future! Thanks!
Are you feeling better? Poor neck. I hate when that happens. I have a constant pain in mine that I don't know where it came from, but it spazzes all the dang time and hurts like the dickens.

No school today for DS. I have off anyway. Much, but not all, of the snow we had, melted and I could see grass in the footprints. Well, we must have had a little more snow last night because I couldn't see grass anymore. Then it started...I dunno, raining, icing, something. My porch is a sheet of ice. I can only imagine the roads. I wonder if I'll have clinical tomorrow. It's pretty nasty out there right now.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#129 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 PM

Well I've known that I was pagan since I was pregnant. I haven't really done anything about it though. I have read idiots guide to paganism or something like that and I have the Drawing down the moon book that I just started. Dh and I have lots of arguements about me not going to church with him and the kids. He thinks its ok that everyone has their own religion or whatever but doesn't like it that I won't go to church anymore with him. He says it confuses the kids. He's afraid of me telling the kids anything about other religions. I found a store in my area that sells pagan/wiccan stuff and I joined their yahoo group. I probably won't be able to do much with them but it would be nice knowing that I'm not the only one in my little town. How do you incorporate it into your daily life? How can I find out more about the different holidays, moons,etc? Any good websites/books? I'm guessing I'm more into wicca but not sure. Its funny but I found out my brother and his wife are wiccan. I should ask him more about it but we're not that close and he lives in another state. Do you think that UU is pagan enough? I went a few times but it didn't seem very spiritual to me. I noticed last year that they had a course about the queen of the universe, which sounds interesting.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#130 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 01:06 PM

I hate when I start to multi-quote and then walk away from the computer for hours...then I hit "reply" and there are lots of new posts to reply to!

Quote:
I am terribly, terribly sick AGAIN. I have a sinus infection that wont go away and now I think I have the flu on top. AGAIN. I can't swallow, I am hot, but freezing. I ache all over. And my face hurts. I am going to the doctors tomorrow and asking forwhatever will blast this S*#( out of my body.
Aww! Hugs, mama. Feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
The difference is, even if you were gothed out and LOOKED like a psuedo pagan, as you delicately put it , five minutes into a conversation would show that you are more than just Pagan by appearance if that makes sense?

I had the best time in Hot topic back in the day lol.. and SPencer.. I love spencer (yes, even the crass and hilarious 'novelties' lol).

Or maybe eggy pies...
Yes, I suppose you're right.
I had this friend who was still in drunken goth phase, and had all sorts of Witch books, but she was like...me, before I got sober. She used to introduce me as "This is _____ and she's a Witch. A real one!"
Well, she'd gotten married, and sat me across from the only other person who claimed to be Pagan. This guy was older than me by about 10 years, all occult-spookied out, with like, purple and black and long fingernails and this stringy long beard...ugh. He was all mysterious and weird and was urked out by my being so practical and down-to-earth, I think. Whatever

There was no Hot Topic back in my day Spencer's, though, there was that. I used to love that store when I was younger.

What are eggy pies again? I recall asking you that like a year ago but forgot if you ever answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
or... ds will become an even better computer guy and skirt his way 'round dh's computer traps and blocks. dh views those days as an opportunity to stay a skilled computer guy instead of just being a computer guy manager.
That's pretty funny! Good on your DH for taking the positive side, too!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#131 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Computers- just remember that a user can wipe their own history and erase their cookies. So a squeeky clean history/cookie cache might be a warning sign too. This site has an easy to follow guide to parental controls for IE, if you have a Mac their blog has a guide to parental controls here, for Linux and/or FireFox there is a list of options here.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#132 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Morning all! There will be no repeat of the 4 hour nap today for me, too much to do. DH dragged me into the clinic this morning and boy is he PISSED! The good news is that I do *not* have pneumonia! Hooray!! I do, however, have bronchitis (no big shocker there, the cough gives it away every time). The NP at the clinic gave me albuterol and codiene cough syrup. DH is angry because she said come back in a week if it's not better and then she'll give me antibiotics. Mind you this started with a sinus infection 3 weeks ago, and it's getting progressively worse. So, mama's, since I'm still pretty new to learning the herbalism stuff, are there any contraindications to elderberry? The echinicea is giving me a mild hayfever like reaction (it's technically a weed afterall) and elderberry is better for bronchitis according to my research. However, with high blood pressure and a mild heart condition I also need to be careful what I take. Sigh, I so do not have the time or money for this!!

Maia, I'd love to step up to the group, but we haven't officially joined yet and you have to be a member for 6 months before you can be elected. However, they also have elections in the fall, so as soon as I have the $15 I'll be joining. The most active members are really the people in our fire circle, so it wouldn't be that hard to get elected to a minor position then. I've mentioned some of the ideas I have for the group and people seem to like them (things like listing ALL events on the calendar, not just "monthly meeting" and "bi-weekly dinner at Perkins"). There are SO MANY things going on that people just don't know about here - the weekly fire circle, a couple of groups at the UU, the druid seed group, and I'm sure there's a coven or two around. I think it would be nice to have a contact list as well, strictly voluntary, "real name" optional along with pagan "area". So if someone were new to the area and followed Wicca and wanted to know the best place to get a specific Wiccan related item they could look on the list and e-mail "blackbird" or Heather and ask them. Or if someone was interested in learning more about druidry and discussing that as a path, they could call or e-mail someone already in that to get a full perspective. Plus a good way to meet people, etc. We need more activities, we need to show a positive influence in the community. This area is actually VERY open to Pagans. Seriously most of the Pagans here have no clue how lucky they are by the level of acceptance here. Why not build on that and show our good will? We're nice, helpful people here, let's let people know it! It'd also be nice if we could recruit and list stores that have things more specific to Pagan needs, for example a florist that carries things like snowdrops and mistletoe for rituals. Just lot's of ideas, and it's frustrating that they have this wonderful opportunity, an organization already set up, and no one is doing anything with it!

Ok enough of that! LOL! I need to drag my sick butt upstairs and get the house clean for fire circle tonight (luckily it's not bad!) and try to make a snowman cake for the cakewalk at the Winterfest at the kid's school tonight. One great thing about going in this morning is that I did confirm that while I am sick, I am totally not contagious so I can at least be around others and such!
#133 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 04:18 PM

I'm lost again! Having a real hard time keeping up with this thread.

DD2 and I are both sick. Poor DD coughed so hard she puked in her bed last night. I propped her on 3 pillows to end the night in my bed. It hurt right behind the sternum when I cough so I think it's something more that a cold. Will take a few more days of home remedy (vit.C, Master Tonic for me, warm honey, lots of liquid and Tiger balm under the feet at night) then reassess.

Valérie   
#134 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 04:24 PM

That sounds like bronchitis. Or at the very least an upper respiratory infection. If it's cold and you guys can stand outside for a few minutes, that can help the coughs be more productive. (I also found that if I was having a coughing fit, and went out when it was cold, it soothed my bronchial enough that I could stop coughing enough to suck on a cough drop.

hope you feel better soon!!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#135 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I'm lost again! Having a real hard time keeping up with this thread.

DD2 and I are both sick. Poor DD coughed so hard she puked in her bed last night. I propped her on 3 pillows to end the night in my bed. It hurt right behind the sternum when I cough so I think it's something more that a cold. Will take a few more days of home remedy (vit.C, Master Tonic for me, warm honey, lots of liquid and Tiger balm under the feet at night) then reassess.
When she coughs is it a deep kind of barking sound? If so then yep, it's bronchitis. From what I've been reading elderberry is one of the best things for it if you have any around. I'm sorry, I hope you get feeling better quickly!!
#136 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
When she coughs is it a deep kind of barking sound?
The barking quality to a cough is more associated with croup.

#137 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 07:50 PM

I had pertussis and the "cough till you puke" aspect was not fun. Nor were the 10-15 minute long coughing sessions appropriate for a librarian! So many people glared at me! I wanted to prop a sign up on the reference desk that said "No, I'm not doing this just to annoy you."

Hope everyone feels better fast! Gypsy Cold Care and Herba Tussin are nice tea blends (both got thumbs up for pregnancy use by my OBs and midwives even though the packaging has the standard disclaimers), elderberry syrup can be made from scratch or purchased (Sambucol is a common version), hot water with lemon and honey can soothe, and so can salt water gargles.

I am soooooo tired and sore today. Everything aches. Everything. Tor is still being fussy at night (though it's getting better) and moving furniture around stressed the muscles that were still bashed up from the fall. Not smart on my part! But I'm cooped up here and going nuts. Moving furniture wasn't an option... it was a survival technique!

#138 of 549 Old 02-05-2010, 09:40 PM

Yep! Croupy cough for DD2. Not a surprise... she get croupy every time she get a cold since birth. Impressive but milder than her brother who ended up 3 days in the hospital when he was a baby. I learned the hard way. She doesn't have pain with the cough so I'm hoping she can get through her cold swiftly.

If I can, I will get some elderberry syrup tomorrow. And more Tiger Balm...

I might resort to a mustard pack for me... I will look first in my links though since I think I remember there is something to do with cabbage that might be gentler than the mustard. I don't like the feeling I have now constantly behing my sternum.

I was able to go outside this afternoon and I gratefully felt the warmth of the sun on my face (when the wind subsided). I looked for signs of spring but everything is still dormant... will keep looking.

I talked to DH about getting/making soft soles shoes for everyone in the family and he was open to the idea. I'm happy we will be able to connect with the feel of the ground!

Valérie   
#139 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 02:40 AM

so i went to the doctors. Strep! i haven't had that in 15 years. my throat feels like hell. I have sinus infection and a fever. she gave me some sample antibiotics and omg the side effects scare me ( I hate taking meds anyways). Plus I have been taking a NSAID and it says to not take with that. I just took one and now I can't take my meds. oops. She never told me that.

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#140 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 09:50 AM

Tulsi- It's important to take antibiotics for strep. Untreated strep can cause heart damage. Hope you get better soon!

#141 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
so i went to the doctors. Strep! i haven't had that in 15 years. my throat feels like hell. I have sinus infection and a fever. she gave me some sample antibiotics and omg the side effects scare me ( I hate taking meds anyways). Plus I have been taking a NSAID and it says to not take with that. I just took one and now I can't take my meds. oops. She never told me that.
I wouldn't get TOO worried about the side effects, they have to legally list anything that anyone reported during the testing. So really, a lot of those aren't even relevant. Antibiotics are definitely a must for strep as there can be some very nasty lingering effects. Re: nsaids... that's funny, because every doctor that has ever given me an antibiotic has said taking tylenol/nurofen for aches/fever etc was fine. What the heck antibiotic did they GIVE you with that kind of limitation on it? Either way, I'd say give the nsaid the 4-6hrs to get out of your system and start the antibiotics (I hope she gave you an rx to follow up on the samples? or were they enough for a full course?) and hope you feel better soon. Strep is miserable stuff.

Off to bed for me as it's nearly midnight... might turn into a pumpkin hehehe.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#142 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
DH is angry because she said come back in a week if it's not better and then she'll give me antibiotics.

We need more activities, we need to show a positive influence in the community. This area is actually VERY open to Pagans. Seriously most of the Pagans here have no clue how lucky they are by the level of acceptance here. Why not build on that and show our good will?
Why was your DH pissed?
Dunno about contraindications-- I've been prone to bronchitis all my life and never been given albuterol. I'd guess if they gave you that, I'd take it. I'd probably take the Rx's, boost my immunity with Echinacea and C, and research for next time. You don't have to be in a hurry to treat herbally this time.

Your group sounds great, and like it has enormous possibilities. Why do they charge money?
We have a group here (Mother Grove) that just got nonprofit status as a church, but it doesn't have land or a building yet. They take donations at every event (public rituals 8x a year, plus more) and they run a food pantry. The cool thing about that is it's known to be Pagan-run, so the word is out there that Pagans do good works

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Tulsi- It's important to take antibiotics for strep. Untreated strep can cause heart damage. Hope you get better soon!

No clinical again today. It's snowing, but that's not why; it's not supposed to stick. It rained and sleeted all day yesterday, and pretty darn hard, on top of the snow, and then froze overnight.
I'm going to study the 10 drugs that they often use on the floor I'm on, and also revisit how to hang IVs and things that I need to know for clinical, and read cardiac stuff.
Also maybe bake oatmeal cookies-- this woman in my class had the *awesome* recipe; too bad I don't have chocolate chips to add
I called the mom of the two brothers who were supposed to spend ds's birthday overnight with him and left a message that if the roads clear enough, they are welcome to come spend tonight. I have two frozen pizzas in the freezer that were meant for last week. And sodas. You can get the "healthy" sodas here at the scratch-n-dent store for super cheap, and also I got some organic version of cheesy puffs.

Now me-- I'm usually all about bad weather. I lurve bad weather. The worse the better (which was my 2nd band's credo ) but even I am being affected by this relentless overcast. It's been weeks since we've seen sun, I think!

#143 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 11:58 AM

for croupy coughs, you might try homeopathic ipecac (especially with the gagging and vomiting). but then, that's the chapter i've been slogging through in this homeopathy course.

hope all you sick ones have balance brought back to your microbial flora and fauna soon.

it's a winter wonderland here. rain, slushie rain, and snow hit yesterday, with enough snow falling through the night to now make it a nice sledding hill in the backyard.

i made cookies the other day - big hit with ds and dh. then last night i had a craving for something with my new almond flour so i made chocolate coconut cream pie. ds said it was too chocolate-y. WHAT?! how can something be too chocolate-y? he said it gets too spicy when it is too chocolate-y -- which i think means that i didn't add enough sweetness. oh well. guess what i'm eating for breakfast?!

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#144 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I had pertussis and the "cough till you puke" aspect was not fun.
I'm REALLY hoping that this is what DD had last spring. I heard there were several other cases of pertussis, and her doctor never TESTED her even though I brought it up twice. (can you test for it? how?? I feel like I didn't try hard enough)

She was over medicated but whatever, it stopped the coughing til she puked 5-6 times a day.

Busy day for me today! I've got a large hunk of dough rising for 16 braided bread sticks for my first feast

I also need to shower at some point...among other things. Dh is off getting his massage and adjustment, he should be home around noon. I don't have to leave until 3.

I just hope I have given myself enough time to make the bread!!! I'm paranoid about being late, especially to a ritual!!!

#145 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I am learning how to use a spinning wheel . Next week I will attempt to spin.
That sounds so neat! Let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
DH will be calling the mechanic today to get an ETA on the car repair and I can't wait. I hate driving but I hate feeling "trapped" even more. I moved furniture around yesterday and I want to do more today. The problem is there just aren't many spots to put things. The blessing/curse of the small house I guess. DH couldn't work on the addition last weekend (frostbite on exposed skin in 10 minutes= not spending hours outside!) but it looks like it'll be warmer this weekend. Fingers crossed!
Hopefully it'll get back soon!

Quote:
I'd take the meds. When the kids first started daycare ds had strep 3 times that year, dd and I had it something like 5 times. By the last round for dd her system had it almost kicked by the time we got to the doctor, so it is possible to get over it on your own, however I think for that to be possible you absolutely have to be healthy with no other sickies when you get it - and even then that's not a guarantee. My 5th time that year was accompanied by a sinus infection that turned into a ruptured ear drum and pneumonia within 2 weeks! I remember a dr telling my aunt that strep can lead to Scarlett Fever. Not sure if that's true or not, but I don't think I'd let my body fight it without help for longer than 2 days unless I saw major improvement in that time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Why was your DH pissed?
Dunno about contraindications-- I've been prone to bronchitis all my life and never been given albuterol. I'd guess if they gave you that, I'd take it. I'd probably take the Rx's, boost my immunity with Echinacea and C, and research for next time. You don't have to be in a hurry to treat herbally this time.
DH is terrified of my getting pneumonia again. It just totally sucks the life out of me, and with him starting work in a week he's afraid if I develop pneumonia we'll never make it. The albuterol ticked him off because the pharmacist was telling us how it can make you really jittery and your heart race for an hour, and the documentation indicated people with high blood pressure and irregular heartbeats shouldn't take it. I've been on meds for tachycardia since I was 14, and developed high bp when dd was born, so the thought of my using that makes him nervous. We've ended up in the ER a few times for meds that weren't prescribed wisely. He wanted them to prescribe me an antibiotic since this has been going on for 3 weeks, and is afraid that by letting it go another week it'll turn into something more significant, hence the looking into herbal remedies before then.

She did give me cough syrup with codeine which I tolerate well, and last night I SLEPT!! OMG it was wonderful! Don't know if this will get me over it or not, but right now for this minute I feel a lot better! We had the fire circle over here last night and a few people mentioned as they left that they'd been sending energy my way, so that surely didn't hurt either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Your group sounds great, and like it has enormous possibilities. Why do they charge money?
We have a group here (Mother Grove) that just got nonprofit status as a church, but it doesn't have land or a building yet. They take donations at every event (public rituals 8x a year, plus more) and they run a food pantry. The cool thing about that is it's known to be Pagan-run, so the word is out there that Pagans do good works
That sounds like a really awesome group! From what I can gather, the dues goe to cover things like the Yule celebration, and they promote that they help others in the community. I haven't really seen a lot of that, but we've been here not quite 6 months so I don't know.

Honestly after a couple of recent events I'm torn on if I want to join right now. Just the mention of the organizations name has inspired a couple of really odd reactions in some of the members that's giving me concern. It may be all related to past and present politics I'm removed from, but yeah, not sure right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
I'm REALLY hoping that this is what DD had last spring. I heard there were several other cases of pertussis, and her doctor never TESTED her even though I brought it up twice. (can you test for it? how?? I feel like I didn't try hard enough)
I'm glad she's ok! That's so frustrating when they won't test for it or give you answers!

Well DH has taken the kids to a birthday party and I'm spending the day listing things on ebay. I've been meaning to get this done since forever, and well, we're broke so now seems like a good time!

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon, that the roads clear and that it's a great day for everyone!
#146 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 02:59 PM

just a quick pop on to send hugs and tea and vibes and warmth and healing thoughts and whatever else is needed.... (that's me, spreading vibes and love)

i spent all my online time this morning over in the chakra thread....

spring bloom-- plum trees!!!
month o' love-- we're making valentines today, and baking some love... maybe chocolate cupcakes with raspberry something? hmmm.... (more love for all!)
#147 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 03:54 PM

Just popping in to say hi mamas

I hope everyone who is feeling ill gets better soon

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#148 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 04:09 PM

pertussis- once you have it, you're usually immune for roughly 10 years. So I'm assuming they could do a blood test to see if your little has the immunities? They can test during the horrible cough/puke phase too though they often wont unless pressed. The dr I saw at the time told me "yes, it's pertussis, no, I wont put that in your chart." Apparently their clinic had already reported several cases (they have to report pertussis to the cdc?) and more reports would have shut the clinic down until the state sent a health team or something funky like that. I was in my early 20s and honestly didn't care as long as they gave me something to make me feel better!

~~~~~~
Got the car back... we're a 2 car family again! yay!

#149 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I remember a dr telling my aunt that strep can lead to Scarlett Fever. Not sure if that's true or not
Yes, you can get Scarlet Fever with Strep. It's basically a sandpapery rash on the body when you have strep. My son had it. It's quite bright!

#150 of 549 Old 02-06-2010, 04:22 PM

No luck finding Sambucol in next town. Couldn't go to the hfs 1/2h ride farther. Hey, couldn't even find vit. C with no artificial colour and/or flavour.

I've hardly slep last night... thinking a nap would be nice now...

Valérie   

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page