February Pagan Circle. Sharing the Love! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I'm in an irritable funk, dh is pissing me off at every turn, my children are being AWFUL ... and we are totally broke so I can't even escape for a cuppa coffee by myself Think I'll just go nap and say screw it all
Don't know how I missed this? Hope things are better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I started by following the phases of the moon I get a lot of spiritual meaning and support from intuitive dreams, so I have been keeping a dream journal for years and reading about dreams and spirituality whenever I can.

Winter Olympics
I too started with the Moon I journal every day, try to meditated every morning with the sun hitting my face listening to the sounds of nature. I am a green, kitchen, nature loving, try to put meaning in the little things kind of Witch I just have a hard time giving myself a title, I am just me, sorta hippie, well a lot of hippie earth loving, dirt diggin chick Trees, I love trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I am very much the kitchen witch though. I love cooking with fresh herbs, gardening and connecting with the land.
.....more on this in a bit, gotta get kids to nap
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I try to make everything I do work double duty. So, if I'm going to vacuum the floor I first visualize any negativity or unhappiness that may have collected in the room as dirt. Then I'd sprinkle baking soda and salt and herbs (smells good physically/carries good energy metaphysically) on the floor. I give it a moment or three to soak up the smells as well as the negativity and then I vacuum it all away. Or if I'm going to dust I'll spray the dust cloth with salt water (for banishing negativity while collecting dust) and then maybe some water with herbs soaked in it (rosemary or sage, maybe some lemon EO) to seal in positive energy.
I do some of the same things. I use a lot of essential oils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Cold and buried in snow here.
Thinking about you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
DD is way better!

I'm still coughing but things are moving on that front; I just need to drink a lot to keep the mucus from chocking me. Look like the Master Tonic, the herbal teas and rubbing with Tiger Balm are working. (and the exercices prescribed by my chiro worked with the coughing and my rib pain is almost gone)

I woke up to sinus pain though... and it radiate into my ear and my teeth. So I gave in and took some OTC medicine. I'm feeling half-human and I look like a drunk raccoon with my dark circled eyes and my bright red nose.
Glad to hear DD is better Hope you feel better soon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Thanks! I'll be your weight loss buddy if you like.
I'm in I need to drop 60 min! maybe 70 if I am lucky! Starting today. You would think being a veggie I would be skinny, not true

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#182 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 AM

Wanted to add a Welcome to LilMamiBella

Winter Olympics, love them I know it is going to sound weird but I love to watch Curling?? Who knew? I enjoy other events too.

Aubergine-love reading your posts

#183 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Olympics- thanks for the link, we are looking fwd to it. I am doing the knitting olympics and making a scarf.

Kitchen witch- added aloe to my house finally, found a small plant at home depot. We use EO, as well as natural cleaning products to cleanse, clean and charge when needed. I did a small cleanse last night. I use some incense but not a lot, gives me a headache. I am learning more about the moon and astrology, which is one of my goals for the year. I also happen to live near Lily Dale, so I try to take advantage of their classes.

I hope to begin garden plans today, I tried on Imbolc but just couldn't get into the spirit.

Well, the homeschool group is coming over for science class and maybe making valentines. Should be fun

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#184 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

Handfastings- I'm guessing you'd want to stay in MA so family/friends and all can be there?
Providence is only 20 minutes away. Boston is further away from them than that.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#185 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 10:31 AM

Yesterday, I attended a yoga informational workshop in the morning and a drumming workshop after lunch. All at my church.
That's my kind of day!

#186 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 AM

DOK- so cool that you drum! You would think I would have learned, I was a percussionist, maybe someday...

Looks like we are in for a storm tuesday with strong winds through friday. should be interesting.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#187 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 AM

It is dark here. High about minus 15 C, but then it starts to get warmer.

Soaked oatmeal in the whey from my homemade yogurt, mixed in some water, apple butter, sliced banana and almond butter and it is cooking for breakfast. Have lots of chopped melon and snap peas for snacks. Have to figure out lunch for 5 children , now. Have some veggie burgers in the freezer, raw cucumber, whole grain buns, orange slices. Pretty carby. What will I be eating? What's on your menu, Maia?

Aeress, I am looking for an aloe plant, too. The next time I go to Ikea, if not before.

redveg, thanks for the lovely complement and welcome to the pagan weight loss club. There are so many things I know I should/could do from a spirituality/personal growth standpoint to be stronger and healthier, but I just haven't done them. Like, googling tapping for weight loss. Or being more consistent with my Artist's Way morning pages -- Julia Cameron actually did a book on the Artist's Way writing program as a weight loss guide (I'll come back and insert links about this in a bit, want to finish this post first.) I also think that concentrating on being other kinds of household witch than a Kitchen Witch will help me...Artemis drawing her bow and chasing the deer....um. There must be another weight lifting, yoga stretching couch to 5 k goddess out there....

Drums are our Instrument of the Month here. I'd love to hear more about this drumming you're doing, DoK. Another former precussionist, me.
#188 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Good Monday Morning. It's a bright beautiful sunny day. It's only 28* though!

I attend my first Imbolc ritual!! It was so beautiful and I got to read the Charge of the Goddess!! We all charged candles with prayers/goals for ourself for the coming Spring. Then we had a great feast and fantastic chatter afterward I love it. I can't wait for Ostara!! lol

I have some birds to look up today, we have had a VERY busy bird feeder this Winter. I wish I could get better pictures, but it's just out of 'zoom range' and these are small birds. I know which the Blue Jay's and Cardinals are, but the tiny ones that there are dozens of at a time, I have no idea. There are some yellow/golden finches and one of them is SO bright I'd swear he was fluorescent lol

And I filled that feeder up on Wednesday, it's EMPTY!!! Good thing I bought the BIG BAG I'm sorry I'm slightly obsessed with my birds.

I had all kinds of things I wanted to post about and multiquote but my kids have been 'hovering' and not really eating their breakfast or helping me think

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#189 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Valerie- I'm so glad your dd is feeling better!

I hope everyone else is on the mend too.

Cari- may today be a better day!

DoK- I think it's so cool that your UU is offering all those fun things!

I've had fun hearing about everyone's meal plans lately, and I've been cooking accordingly. Fri nite I made penne and meatballs (for dh) after LionessMom mentioned them, lol. What's for dinner tonight? And I really want to hear more about the kitchen witchy prep aspects too

Healthy eating- I've been making green smoothies everyday. And I do love salad, but when it's cold outside I prefer soup. Low carb vegetarian dinner options get a bit dull after so many repetitions. I need some new ideas. All I can think of is soups, or a curry.

redveg- Best of luck to your kids today! I hope you are feeling better too.
#190 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 12:25 PM

Morning

We're back from our little trip to "Mex-Chico" and I won't go into it right now, but let's just say there was one serious challenge after another. Then, it ended with a 6 hour drive home having a very serious/real discussion with DP. I'm pretty drained, but I feel this is all good in the end. Gaining clarity. Moving through. It is life after all.

Anyway, the really important news today is that it's my sweet baby boy's 4th birthday! I love him so. He is such a special little human so full of love, excitement and wonder. We'll have a wonderful day.

I hope to come back later to catch up. I'm so sorry to those who have been sick. This can be such a rough time of year. I used to get bronchitis every year at this time, so I know how unfun it can be. I wish everyone speedy healing.

Maia-Handfasting plans?! Yay!

Hope to be back later. I have to run. Have a wonderful day.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#191 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Drums are our Instrument of the Month here. I'd love to hear more about this drumming you're doing, DoK. Another former precussionist, me.
I like the djembe. Love it, love it, LOVE IT. The workshop teacher showed how to play many different drums. It was quite informative!
I got to play a nice big djembe (not mine.)
We even learned how to play a samba dance/samba dance break. So fun.

#192 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Ok, There is a shop called Bones & Flowers in Worcester, the owner (Tannin) almost did the handfasting for my friend. (conflicted schedule is why it didn't happen)
Thanks! Looked it up and it's still there, apparently

Quote:
Ok, I'm in. Anyone else want to play?

I don't weigh myself, but I'm busting out of my size 14s and getting way too comfy in stretchy 16s. I'd like to be back at a 10/12 and have the energy and joy in moving that I have at that size.

The easiest/fastest I've lost weight has been on Eat to Live, which emphasizes lots of raw veggies, very low carb/fat/dairy/meat. This diet made me ill after about a month on it, though. I don't think such a low-fat diet is good for me, so I'm thinking I will try lots of vegetables, lots of raw, but more paleo, adding in milk and meat back in.

You have the busy mom/student life pitfalls, if I'm right, Maia?
Yep, busy single student mama. I still have to feed snacks to the kiddo, though.
I wear like an 18 in pants, but all I wear is stretchy-pants. I would love to get into 16s, actually My "real" (old) size was a 10/12, but it's been years and years since I've seen that. That's my ultimate goal, but I'll be happy to get below 180 right now.
That pizza/cupcake fling cost me like 2lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
I can ask the proprietor of the pagan shop in Milford (not too far from Worcester) if she does handfastings, or if she knows anyone who does. My friend who does them has been exceedingly busy lately, so it's been hard to get ahold of her. But I would also suggest checking out witchvox's clergy listings in MA. Anyway, I'll go to the shop this week (it's closed tomorrow, but 'll try Tuesday).
Good idea, about Witchvox. Thanks, about the Milford shop, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I'm in I need to drop 60 min! maybe 70 if I am lucky! Starting today. You would think being a veggie I would be skinny, not true
Nope-- I gained 50lb when I went veg. Not blaming it on being veg, necessarily, because I also ate really badly, with lots of chocolate, but still, it coincided. I do lots better weight wise when I have meat in my diet. It's kind of about that three-things-on-a-plate thing, plus I can quantify my protein better that way.

Quote:
Have some veggie burgers in the freezer, raw cucumber, whole grain buns, orange slices. Pretty carby. What will I be eating? What's on your menu, Maia?
I dunno. I am having an uber stressful day, so I just don't know. I'm not in the mood for food.
Your diet for the day sounds great-- maybe nix the buns and just eat the rest?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#193 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I ended up waiting till I could go to the laundromat by myself. 8 loads took nearly $50 to do I did get some crochet done, though!
When we were dealing with a broken washer we figured out the cost differential and rented one from Rent a Center for about a month. (Ours was dead dead and had to be replaced, so we had to save up for it.) For $15 a week I figured that was the same or less than I'd pay at a laundrymat and a lot more convenient!

Quote:

Ok, I'm in. Anyone else want to play?

I don't weigh myself, but I'm busting out of my size 14s and getting way too comfy in stretchy 16s. I'd like to be back at a 10/12 and have the energy and joy in moving that I have at that size.
This is me right now, only I need to be at a little bit smaller size (only 5'0" here). My biggest problem right now is that I've been sick off and on for the past 5 months and I just don't have the energy to futz with it. So I end up fixing things that are fast and convenient and so not good for weight loss. I figure it's like the kids first year of daycare though where they get sick all the time. We moved to a new area, and it's just going to take that first year for my body to get used to it. I hope. In the meantime I'm also working hard to relearn all my old healthy habits that died some time back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Wanted to add a Welcome to LilMamiBella
Definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
I attend my first Imbolc ritual!! It was so beautiful and I got to read the Charge of the Goddess!! We all charged candles with prayers/goals for ourself for the coming Spring. Then we had a great feast and fantastic chatter afterward I love it. I can't wait for Ostara!! lol
Yea! Y'know it's funny, but I get really excited for the rituals as well. I don't recall in my years of Christianity ever being excited about stuff like that. Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Anyway, the really important news today is that it's my sweet baby boy's 4th birthday! I love him so. He is such a special little human so full of love, excitement and wonder. We'll have a wonderful day.

I hope to come back later to catch up. I'm so sorry to those who have been sick. This can be such a rough time of year. I used to get bronchitis every year at this time, so I know how unfun it can be. I wish everyone speedy healing.

Maia-Handfasting plans?! Yay!

Hope to be back later. I have to run. Have a wonderful day.
Happy birthday little one!

My aunt called yesterday. Within 2 minutes she was commenting on the fact that I obviously have bronchitis. Sigh. But on the flip side she's sending me some elderberry stuff so I should have it tomorrow!

Ugh we are so broke right now. We're now at 3 months behind on each car payment. There should be one more inheritance payment coming in, and I hope it gets here FAST! Then we can get everything caught up. As it is, I'm afraid to go anywhere and leave the car unattended. DH keeps track of things like that and I just hadn't realized we were that far behind. I've already started listing things on ebay, and have a sewing machine that should go for a couple hundred, which will help. I'm also busting my tail to get my site back up and revamped. Next week DH goes back to work, so if we can just hold on until he starts getting paid, we'll be ok another month. I've done well on not letting it get me down, and I've watched the "extras" and what ones we've gotten have been carefully planned or with "found" money. I'm also hitting Careerbuilder regularly. I really would prefer not to go back to work full time (especially with the kids keeping me up half the night most nights and my being sick so much this year), but I certainly will do so if I can find something!

Ok pity party over, time to do something to fix the problems rather than whine about them!

Have a great Monday!
#194 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Anyway, the really important news today is that it's my sweet baby boy's 4th birthday!
Birthday Blessings!

#195 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Happy birthday and mama day!

Wishing abundance to everyone in need!

Washers- growing up we lived on a hand dug well. So no washing machine possible (and for a solid month or two in the summer all our water was bottled, usually by taking 3-4 dozen jugs to the state park and filling them at a tap there). Anyway, doing the wash at the laundromat was THE coveted chore. My brother and I would fight tooth and nail for that job. The person who did the wash got to sit in an air conditioned/really warm laundry, reading a book or magazine, and nibbling on whatever special treat was selected from the vending machine. Yes, you had to fold everything, but for the most part it was two hours of freedom. The "other person" either had to help with the grocery shopping or stay home doing vacuum/dust or garden/yard chores. AND, the best part, the laundries around here all have TVs. Growing up TV free my brother and I would have done a lot more than the laundry for a chance to watch tv.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#196 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 06:17 PM

yoy! pizza and cupcakes? that would seriously do me in. when i'm craving pizza, it's that melty sensation and a fat craving - so i make a cheese omelet with some salsa on the side. the cupcakes would, for me, be a chocolate craving. why *waist* time with cupcakes when a few pieces of uber dark chocolate will be enough? (though my problem is my groin/butt region, not so much my waist)

that is to say, when i eliminated foods (because i had to), i found better ones that met the cravings. i became more aware of the (nutritional) meaning of the craving and was better able to address it without packing on the pounds.

also, i've been messing with some intermittent fasting. wowsa. what a way to peel of the pounds! fast for 24 hours! but then eat a good nourishing meal when you're breaking that fast (not pizza and cupcakes!). i also don't snack between dinner (around 7pm) and breakfast - though there are even now some days when i'm willing and able to skip breakfast. it's getting easier to feed ds without actually needing to sit down and eat as well. i hope that it sends him the right message: we eat when we're hungry. (except dinner - that is a mandatory meal in our house)

dh has some intestinal bug. hoping it is because he mishandled the chicken as he was tossing it on the grill yesterday - otherwise, it's likely to hit me tonight.

i finished my purse and whipped up a matching checkbook cover with extra scraps of fabric.

ETA: found this academic post about religion, psychology and evolution. thought it might be of interest to Clay (and if you can't read it, PM me and i'll send the text): http://www.nature.com/news/2010/1002...s.2010.55.html

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#197 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 08:46 PM

Sunshine, I'm only 5'1" and weigh like 183 right now. So I do sympathize!

Bluets-- fwiw, I nearly never eat like that. Not only did I pack on like 2 extra pounds, but I felt it, really harshly, ugh. Got way bloated, had to drink a ton of water, felt generally icky. I got what I deserved Oh-- and the cupcakes weren't even chocolate. DS doesn't like chocolate

I'm srsly broke right now, too. I am trying so hard to stick to some sort of budget. I'm awful at it. But I took out $300 from my account on the 1st for groceries, and both last week and this, I stuck to under what I allowed for myself, which the allowance was already $100/month under what I was spending before. So yay! It's a start, at least.

M knows where that shop is Now if I can get him to actually go in there, and ask about handfasting, so I don't have to call up long-distance-- but I probably should, since I know more what I'm talking about

Gawd, I love that man...I know, I've never mentioned it before

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#198 of 549 Old 02-08-2010, 09:02 PM

Hello mama's. Not much time for reading up & doing a multiquote today It's raining, the boys are restless and we're going to do fun stuff for school today I slept like the dead last night, and it seems to have bolstered my mood at least a bit. I think my 'funk' is from too many things racing through my head. Oh.. and Thursday afternoon I'm going to the shops to buy groceries (alone) and I'm going to get the biggest most yummy iced coffee ever.

I think part of it is also the rain... I like a good rainy spell as much as anyone, and love storms... but this is now getting ridiculous. I have fungi sprouting around my backyard (no faerie rings that I've found yet though )

I hope everyone is well.. maybe I'll get a chance to catch up on here tonight.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#199 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I think part of it is also the rain... I like a good rainy spell as much as anyone, and love storms... but this is now getting ridiculous. I have fungi sprouting around my backyard (no faerie rings that I've found yet though )
I miss those so much. I haven't seen one since I was a kid, and our yard had plenty of them (we also got lots of rain, too!)... I just need to go find a forest or something. I live in south Texas, on the coast close to Mexico... nothing but plains and mesquite trees. And well, palms and citrus, but those aren't native.

Anyway, lurking as usual, had a symph. rehearsal and did surprisingly well (amazing what practice can do, a lesson at any age!!) so for dinner I had a Tb, L T sandwich (Tb is turkey bacon) and man. I feel good My stars must be lined up today or something.

Probably since my last big posting, I've had my gallbladder out in mid-January. had *no* idea there was even an issue, but had a week of pain out of the blue and went in the hospital for 3 days. Nursing 14 mo was not happy about this, but happily took me back when I came home.

My diet is a little better, but to be honest it was pretty low-fat to begin with. So I just cut down on the fatty sweets... and applesauce makes an acceptable substitute for baking fats some of the time... but if don't expect your choco-chip cookies to be crunchy Works well in muffins.

Anyway, I hope that your corners of the earth are warming slowly (or fast in my case, i don't think you want to hear that it was close to 80 today) and that all sicknesses are temporary! love to ya all... and.....

Geaux Saints!

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#200 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojerleda View Post
I miss those so much. I haven't seen one since I was a kid, and our yard had plenty of them (we also got lots of rain, too!)... I just need to go find a forest or something. I live in south Texas, on the coast close to Mexico... nothing but plains and mesquite trees. And well, palms and citrus, but those aren't native.
I DID see one recently.. sitting there in the middle of the nature strip by the sidewalk I wish one would spring up in MY yard though... I want my own faeries our forests here are a little different too, they feel different than the deciduous forests back in the states. We have a gazillion species of gum tree (eucalypts) and they are what make up the majority of our forests... they do smell nice though at certain times!

Quote:
Probably since my last big posting, I've had my gallbladder out in mid-January. had *no* idea there was even an issue, but had a week of pain out of the blue and went in the hospital for 3 days.
Ick.. I know gall bladder pain all too well. We eat a fairly low fat diet too, but I refuse to sub in my cookies hehehe.. cakes it works great though! I still have mine, and only rarely have attacks these days. Glad yours is GONE.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope that your corners of the earth are warming slowly (or fast in my case, i don't think you want to hear that it was close to 80 today) and that all sicknesses are temporary! love to ya all... and.....
Hehe.. I'll just take some of that chilly weather thanks!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#201 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 AM

Oh good goddess!
I didn't think I was coming out of my fever induced mania!
Thanks for the well wishes. My medicine worked and took away the sore throat and the pain in my sinus. I am a bit coughy and rough sounding, but compared to Thurs-Sat I am about 60% better. From Thurs-Sat I had a fever of 102. It would break in the day time (and while I was at my doctors appointment) but as the moon rose it came back! I have never slept so much, I am not a napper at all. I would lay down on the couch and be out for an hour at a time. My poor daughter had a nasty sinus infection and I just asked both our doctors to give us something pretty strong so we can get over this quickly. My avelox is making me sleepy, what is up with that? And I had a dream about spiders last night!! It just makes me feel out of it, kinda mediciny head. So I take it at night and I sleep like a rock.

I missed imbolc though. I was very excited about it, but something told me not to plan anything for it. Good thing I listened because I could have gotten someone else sick. Glad I didn't.

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#202 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 11:03 AM

Morning mamas, just popping in to say morning I am going to have to come back tonight and catch up with everyone.

I hope everyone has a great day, anyone who is sick, I hope you get better asap!

Don't know how I missed but Happy Birthday to your little one!

#203 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 AM

Warmer today, approaching freezing point. Gonna be slushy. The only sign of spring we have here is the absence of that bite of cold when you go outside. Sorta like how the frostiness in the air in the morning is the first sign of fall coming.

Glad you are feeling better, Tulsileaf, and Vojerleda, too! I'm so happy for you that your nursing relationship has reestablished. Had to leave one of my babies for a surgery when he was quite little and it was not fun at all for anyone.

Urg. Just gargled some master tonic because it feels like my own strep throat may be coming back even after abx (or maybe hopefully a cold) The taste does not go with coffee *at all* I do not want another trip to the dr and another round of abx, though!

I made myself a green smoothie yesterday after lunch and it hit the spot. I usually only think of them in warm weather. No bread/carbs after noon yesterday, and I saved my glass of raw milk for a bedtime treat, instead of comfort eating.

Here is a review of Julia Cameron's book, The Writing Diet, on beliefnet, part of an interesting article on spirituality-based diet books, actually. The cornerstone of this approach is that you do the morning pages (at least 3 pages of stream-of-consciousness writing) in the am as a kind of meditative process that clears the junk from your brain and helps you focus on your goals, creative and health-wise.

The idea is that Cameron began to see that people following her Artist's Way program to unblock and enhance creativity also often lost weight and became healthier.

ETA I like laundromats, too. One of my first jobs was working in a laundry, actually. Thanks for the idea about renting a machine; we'll keep that in mind if ours can't be fixed.
I think if I ever get superrich, I'll have my own laundromat in my mcmansion
#204 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Well, this thread is certainly a talkative one!! It is hard to keep up! I posted back in December, but due to some family strain I haven't been back on. DH just relapsed (recovering alcoholic). I went away with ds for a few days to gather some clarity on the situation.

While I was gone I really felt the urge to come back to spirituality. I really am at a loss for where to start. I haven't been to a church in years, and I am living in a very conservative part of the country right now. I don't know anyone else who is trying to find spirituality through pagan ways.

Back in December someone recommended Scott Cunningham - I haven't had a chance to get any of his books yet. I am less interested in spells and practicing magic right now.

I really want something to help me find serenity and peace in my daily life (especially with all the stress we have going on lately). Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am drawn to nature and this is where I recharge (too bad it's been so flippin' cold outside or I'd be out there right now!). I believe all animals and plants have their own spirits that need to be respected. I guess this makes me polytheistic?? I don't remember my dreams. I am in to herbs and natural living. Beyond these things I am at a loss for a direction on where to go. We also don't have a lot of money to spend on spirituality books. Someone recommended journaling - I have never really journaled, but this is something I need to find the time to do...

I enjoy reading the posts and hope to become more active with this group.

Kristin, sahm to ds Avery (11-15-08) 3 raw fed
#205 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 PM

I got up in the dark at 6 am, and the beautiful rising crescent moon took my breath away, and just as I saw it, a shooting star whizzed right by it. **swoon** I'm on the lookout for a magickal day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojerleda View Post

Anyway, lurking as usual, had a symph. rehearsal and did surprisingly well (amazing what practice can do, a lesson at any age!!) so for dinner I had a Tb, L T sandwich (Tb is turkey bacon) and man. I feel good My stars must be lined up today or something.

Probably since my last big posting, I've had my gallbladder out in mid-January. had *no* idea there was even an issue, but had a week of pain out of the blue and went in the hospital for 3 days. Nursing 14 mo was not happy about this, but happily took me back when I came home.

My diet is a little better, but to be honest it was pretty low-fat to begin with. So I just cut down on the fatty sweets... and applesauce makes an acceptable substitute for baking fats some of the time... but if don't expect your choco-chip cookies to be crunchy Works well in muffins.

Geaux Saints!
What do you play?

I'm glad the surgery went well and you're recovering, and I'm happy that you're sweet one is still nursing. I've been through something similar and the stress of worrying about my DD was as bad if not worse than what I was experiencing medically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsiLeaf View Post
Oh good goddess!
I didn't think I was coming out of my fever induced mania!
Thanks for the well wishes. My medicine worked and took away the sore throat and the pain in my sinus. I am a bit coughy and rough sounding, but compared to Thurs-Sat I am about 60% better. From Thurs-Sat I had a fever of 102. It would break in the day time (and while I was at my doctors appointment) but as the moon rose it came back! I have never slept so much, I am not a napper at all. I would lay down on the couch and be out for an hour at a time. My poor daughter had a nasty sinus infection and I just asked both our doctors to give us something pretty strong so we can get over this quickly. My avelox is making me sleepy, what is up with that? And I had a dream about spiders last night!! It just makes me feel out of it, kinda mediciny head. So I take it at night and I sleep like a rock.

I missed imbolc though. I was very excited about it, but something told me not to plan anything for it. Good thing I listened because I could have gotten someone else sick. Glad I didn't.
Yay! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

I hope all with illnesses find recovery soon.

Aubergine-thanks for the links. I've been feeling incredibly creatively blocked lately. I think morning pages are in order. I hope your Master tonic does the trick. FWIW, for anyone who wants to try an alternative to abx, or feels they have a little time before they need to use them, I use raw garlic as an abx and have beat the nastiest infections before. I take 3-4 raw cloves, cut up into pill size and swallow like a pill. I do this 3-4 X day. It is beyond gross, and I have to quarantine myself because I have a garlic cloud like Pigpen from Charlie Brown. It's worked for me, but it's quite the commitment.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for DS. I think he had a great day. Today we take GF cupcakes and a guitar pinata to his preschool. He's soo excited. We like to do a birthday week around here.

Have a great day!

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#206 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 01:23 PM

Femme Rouge- Happy Birthday DS!
So cool, about the moon and shooting star. Sometimes being awake early allows for blessings to enter our life.

Hope everyone is healing. One of the kids who we played with yesterday came down with a fever today- crossing fingers we don't get it.

Been fairly creative as of late- made felted hearts today, worked on dh's ipod cozy and little gifts for the girls.

In general, feeling blah and looking fwd to getting away in march.
Well, think I will get around to putting dinner in the crock pot and making lunch.
Have a good day everyone!

#207 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I'm back.

I had some... interesting experiences with another group, centered on paganism rather then mothering.

Long story short: I was accused of neglecting DS cuz that's the only reason I (speedreader) can get through a couple hundred pages of a book I've already read over the weekend... Well, that was part of it... lol

I'm looking forward to being back here, where issues are brief and people's attacks are minimal if at all.

*hugs/waves to all I remember and those I don't*

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#208 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 01:55 PM

Welcome and welcome back!

bluets- the abstract looks neat! My "spouse card" wont let me access online content, but I'll dh send it home from the lab since I know cornell has online access.

serenity/peace in daily life- well, I pull a card for each family member every morning to act as a "heads up" for the day. And I "craft with intent"... so I might make a bracelet with stones or colors that say "peace" to me, and then wear that as a physical reminder to focus on peace while also borrowing some of the peaceful energies of whichever elemental allies are in the bracelet. The chakra thread is inspiring me to focus on balancing some of those energies, probably through crafting. Have you read through the Pagan Summer camp that focused on pagan/magical living? It's a huge thread but it has a ton of stuff!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#209 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyMama View Post
Well, this thread is certainly a talkative one!! It is hard to keep up! I posted back in December, but due to some family strain I haven't been back on. DH just relapsed (recovering alcoholic). I went away with ds for a few days to gather some clarity on the situation.

I am drawn to nature and this is where I recharge (too bad it's been so flippin' cold outside or I'd be out there right now!). I believe all animals and plants have their own spirits that need to be respected. I guess this makes me polytheistic?? I don't remember my dreams. I am in to herbs and natural living. Beyond these things I am at a loss for a direction on where to go. We also don't have a lot of money to spend on spirituality books. Someone recommended journaling - I have never really journaled, but this is something I need to find the time to do...

I enjoy reading the posts and hope to become more active with this group.
I'm sorry about your DH. That's rough. I hope everything gets worked out. As for suggestions, I don't really have any, but thought I would share that a few months ago I joined the AODA and started their first year program training to be a druid. It sounds like it would be a natural fit for you, and may be something you want to look into. Just an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
Okay, I'm back.
Long story short: I was accused of neglecting DS cuz that's the only reason I (speedreader) can get through a couple hundred pages of a book I've already read over the weekend... Well, that was part of it... lol

I'm looking forward to being back here, where issues are brief and people's attacks are minimal if at all.

*hugs/waves to all I remember and those I don't*
Um wow. When I used to read them, I could knock out a Harlequin in about an hour and a half, and a hundred pages a night after a little one is asleep is nothing really. Of course, when ds was little I also had an old lady accost me at Sam's while I was looking at books for a gift for DH and flat out tell me, wagging finger and all, that I didn't have time to read because I had a baby to take care of! Takes all kinds I guess!
#210 of 549 Old 02-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Maia, I went to the shop, and it was closed today too! I guess they're only open 4 days a week. Anyway, it's called The Robin's Nest in Milford; here's the website: wwwtherobinsnestma.com. I'll try to see if I can go again later, too...

Come ponder with me about food!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page