February Pagan Circle. Sharing the Love! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feeling the love today? I am. For some reason it seems to be in the air for me.

I have never started the monthly thread before. It tickles. .

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#2 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
:LOL

Good Morning and Welcome February.

Maryhippie.gif

#3 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 10:09 AM

Good Morning!

I apologize no matter how many times I correct myself, I still add an extra "I" in Imbolc and I so don't mean to.

I like the crepe idea, so I am stealing that from Valerie and trying them today. I haven't made them in years.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#4 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Here's a fabulous February!

Quote:

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#5 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Happy February First!!!

01022010 neat!

About to head out to the store once the kids are dressed. I'm so exhausted I'm totally having a cup of coffee as soon as we get home and I get it made

Better go now. Still on the hunt for something to take to our Imbolc feast on Saturday.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#6 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 11:12 AM

I'm hungry. Like ravenous. And I haven't had any tea yet (out of cream/milk.)
I have to go grocery shopping but I'm going to have to go to the cafe next to it so I can eat and have caffeine first.

All I really want to do is go back to bed.

Wonder if I can get ds to agree to going to the craft store. I need stuff to keep him entertained at home when he claims he has "nothing to do".

#7 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good morning!

LionessMom!

Very cool about the binary language date, Autumn.

Temps with highs in the negative single digits Celcius this week! That's progress! We shoveled the drive yesterday or we'd be snowed in, but there is still another round of shoveling to do this am. Not very deep, so I'm not out there in the dark shoveling. I'll do it later.

How is your uncle doing, Aeress?
#8 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Still freezing up here! -22C... I was so happy to see a fire going in the fireplace when I got up! I'll have to thank DH who took time to start it before leaving for work!

Imbolc: since the astrological date for Imbolc is the 4th this year, it's only fair game to extend our celebrations! So I declare this week the Imbolc Week! And I'll relax and take time and space to feel the energy of this festival (cold weather and fresh snow sure don't put my mind into Spring mode ) so our celebrations/rituals can be genuine.

We forgot to take meat's cubes out from the freezer so there won't be stew for dinner... I have some pork out... might make some sort of meatballs soup...

Valérie   
#9 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Good morning mamas and happy February

The sun is out and shinning bright! Today I am going to do a bit of journaling, I have been meaning to get to it for the past few days but something always seems to come up. It's very windy here today which makes the cold all the more nasty!

Valerie I am in for making it a week of celebration

I hope everyone has a great day.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#10 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 11:49 AM

It's a palindrome!!!

YAY IMBOLC WEEK! I love it!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#11 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 12:02 PM

Good Morning and Happy February

I'm using the new month to start fresh here. I got behind and don't think I'll be able to catch up on the reading for last month.

The rain sounds lovely on the skylight. The coffee is tastey. and I'm not even going to dwell on the kids getting me up at 5:00 this morning:nana

I'm excited about clearing out space for the treasure map. We moved last July and still have a lot of boxes to go through in the garage. DP and I are committed to getting rid of 3/4 of the stuff. I know it'll feel great. I've been feeling pulled to lighten up our physical belongings as much as possible to feel ready and open for opportunities (like moving to another country).

Wishing everyone a fresh February full of Springy potential.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#12 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 12:07 PM

Woohoo February... Spring is closer. Not that I have anything against winter besides the heating bill.

Anyhoo, my baby boy turns 8 in less than 2 weeks (the 12th) and he can't decide what to do for his birthday. I just know there is going to be an ice cream cake that will tease me... that I can't eat. I am sure there will be a bajillion tween boys taking over the house next weekend.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#13 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 12:15 PM

yay for february!

Come ponder with me about food!
#14 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 12:49 PM

Morning and Happy February all!

Amanda, I must apologize. I was reading the last of the January thread and read your menu, and when I read "God Balls" my mind slid straight back to a teenager and I couldn't contain a giggle. In my defense I'm tired and sick and well, honestly, there is no defense!

I'm so excited - it's WARM this week!! Well, relatively speaking. Every day will be above 20 degrees F! That just makes life a little better. We got back into playing WoW again last night. I forgot how frustrating it is. We'll have things we have to collect and anyone I play with always find them and then we hang around another 15-30 min so I can get mine. The game hates me. It's been like this for 3 years (kill a monster, take turns looting it, mine is always empty). Sigh.

I have a lot to do this week, but it's all pretty flexible. Part of me wants to hit the thrift store since it's been a couple months, the other part wants to send DH out for his errands and crawl back into bed!

Ok, I'm off to do something. Not sure what, but definitely something. Have a great day!
#15 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
It's a palindrome!!!
sleepy me didn't even see that! Now that is *seriously* cool.
#16 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 PM

I'm not "pagan" (or anything really) but I woke up this morning thrilled the sun was shining. I then realized it would be the eve of Imbolc tonight so my kids and i have planned some fun activities for tonight and tomorrow. I hope it's a great week.
#17 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Imbolc: since the astrological date for Imbolc is the 4th this year, it's only fair game to extend our celebrations! So I declare this week the Imbolc Week! And I'll relax and take time and space to feel the energy of this festival (cold weather and fresh snow sure don't put my mind into Spring mode ) so our celebrations/rituals can be genuine.
This works for me since I have not yet made any Imbolc family plans. I have time to catch up. Imbolc Week it is!

I am so so ready for Spring. My fibro just does not appreciate the cold and it is still supposed to be frosty here this week. So, focusing on the fact that we are moving into the 2nd half of Winter is a much more positive image.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#18 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Amanda, I must apologize. I was reading the last of the January thread and read your menu, and when I read "God Balls" my mind slid straight back to a teenager and I couldn't contain a giggle. In my defense I'm tired and sick and well, honestly, there is no defense!

Well, I'm not making any of what I listed previously, it's potluck, and that is what I have to go off of. I have NO idea what they are or what Goddess Pie is. Little frustrating honestly.

#19 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Sounds like they could use some desserts, Amanda. Or maybe the Goddess pie and God's balls are sweet?

ETA Yay, Valerie!

So this week is Imbolc, next is for V-day, and the week after for Chinese New Year, aka the Spring Festival.

Thanks for helping me plan my activities for the kids, everyone
#20 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I need stuff to keep him entertained at home when he claims he has "nothing to do".
When my ds complains like that, I pull out the same tired old brain-dead phrases..."I guess it's time to get rid of all the toys and books in your room, then, to make room for more", or, "I can give you a big list; I've got plenty of chores that need to be done" He sure comes up quickly with things to do!

Quote:
It's a palindrome!!!
It is? What is? I think I missed that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
I've been feeling pulled to lighten up our physical belongings as much as possible to feel ready and open for opportunities (like moving to another country).
You're moving abroad? Where? When? Didn't you just say you just moved this past summer?

I posted one last post on the January thread, cause I don't know how to multi-quote and have it transfer over to the new thread

Happy February, all!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#21 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
When my ds complains like that, I pull out the same tired old brain-dead phrases..."I guess it's time to get rid of all the toys and books in your room, then, to make room for more", or, "I can give you a big list; I've got plenty of chores that need to be done" He sure comes up quickly with things to do!
Yeah, I've tried that many times. All he does is whine and complain.

#22 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 05:32 PM

Anyone ever hear of this neopagan underground temple complex in Italy? The tapping guy posted this link on facebook:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eccentric.html

Here are some more images and info:

http://www.thetemples.org/

I am happy to realize that so much spiritual creativity abounds in the world. I mean, I already knew that it did, but, wow
#23 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 PM

Hey nonny happy Imbolc week!

Quote:
Of the group I'm the only female of course and the only female character (and as a gnome, by far the smallest character). I'm still trying to figure out why the immediate solution to things always seems to be "strip the gnome and throw her in the middle as a distraction!"
Have you seen The Gamers Dorkness Rising? It's a fantastic farce about gaming... and most of the "extras" are actually big names in the gaming industry. Netflix has it and we watched it a week or so ago. It's a lark!

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead- a play by Tom Stoppard that was adapted for film (by Stoppard). It's in my top three movies of all times list. It's basically what Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do while not "on stage" during Hamlet (they're Hamlet's driends, brought in to see what is wrong with him... Hamlet has them killed and the classic play ends with the line "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead" by Fortinbras). The only Elizabethan english happens when characters from Hamlet are sharing the stage, otherwise R and G speak modern english. And really, it's a blast if you're into brainy/referential/play within play within play/absurdist silliness. My brother and I memorized the screen play and would re-enact the movie over and over and over.

Yes. We were geeklettes. And it's a VERY quotable script. With yummy actors to watch. I should stick it on my netflix queue.

The love/blood/rhetoric comment came from the Player (Richard Dreyfuss) who is describing the types of plays his troupe performs:

Quote:
We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.
Hmmmm.... there were other things I wanted to remember. Errrr... yoicks for white knuckle drives! Yay for avoidance of radioactive rooms! Welcome Shadowlady! We're having cheese/rice balls and a cream of corn soup for Imbolc dinner tomorrow along with a baked custard (which takes TWO DAYS to make! go me!). It's going to be calorie dense but yummy. I used to do soda bread with fresh butter but the gfree versions I've made just don't taste the same so better to start a new tradition I think.

Feb 13 is our anniversary... we eloped 11 years ago! We thought a friday the 13th anniversary would be fun, the restaurants have their lover menus but no crowds, and if one of us forgets there is always a V-day do over!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#24 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Anyone ever hear of this neopagan underground temple complex in Italy? The tapping guy posted this link on facebook:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eccentric.html

Here are some more images and info:

http://www.thetemples.org/

I am happy to realize that so much spiritual creativity abounds in the world. I mean, I already knew that it did, but, wow
omg wow. I've never seen such beauty all in one place! Thanks for the link

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#25 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Have you seen The Gamers Dorkness Rising? It's a fantastic farce about gaming... and most of the "extras" are actually big names in the gaming industry. Netflix has it and we watched it a week or so ago. It's a lark!

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead- a play by Tom Stoppard that was adapted for film (by Stoppard). It's in my top three movies of all times list.
Awesome! I have two new movies in my Netflix instant queue.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#26 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 PM

oh, gracious. so much to catch up on...

r&g: ahhhh. happy memories. we used to play the q game. miss that! (my mind is no longer quite so... agile... )

aub: hugs, first of all, about your aunt. i'm so sorry. second-- oh, opening new dangerous time spenders for me! i'll check out that link, thanks!

aeress: hugs and vibes to your uncle! hope his recovery is fast and complete.

maia: vibes sent to M, and hugs for you! this has probably been discussed, but would he do a TM? thinking of you both. xoxo

clay: ouch! ouch! ouch! & thank goodness t's safe!!! & yay etsy! i cant wait to see!

house: it's splendid. more splendiferous that i would have thought possible. i didnt manage to get the seeds tossed out... was too busy chatting with the owner about the plants! fingers crossed the $$ works out.

month o' love: added a new "thing"... a daily schedule of love... things i love to do in the morning, things i love to do mid-day, things i love to do in the evening... and trying to do them, with love, each day!

celebrating-- we got some beautiful potatoes from the farmer's market... they'll get roasted and tossed with some local butter and local wine will be imbibed... celebrating a closer relationship between the place where seeds are planted and food is consumed. ahhhh.

hugs and vibes and kisses to all!!!
#27 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 PM

FullofGrace- enjoy! I feel like Dorkness Rising lasted maybe 20 minutes too long, but when it hit it REALLY hit. DH and I were literally laughing so hard we snarfed a few times. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a sequel... and according to the director it actually has a bigger budget and better production values that the first film! It was wonderfully silly, and the "newbie gamer" (the only woman in the store) rocked. I know these people in real life (well, not the actors, but the characters) so it was a lot of fun.

And Ros&Guil... it's the movie I'd take into exile because it is just so jam packed with silliness and wit that even after years of regular viewing you'd find something to talk about. Like the game of questions (part of the film)...you have to ask questions, and then answer those questions with more questions. No statements, repetition, rhetoric, non sequiters allowed. My brother and I would play this for days. In the movie they "play" this on an indoor tennis court with the two characters running back and forth to "volley" their questions. Mmmmm.... it's on my netflix now so thank you Maia for bringing it back to mind. I've been bugging DH all night with long winded quotations. You're all lucky you're not within earshot!

Oh, and the rice/cheese balls are basically these. When I was little we called them "telephone wires"... they use a lot of cheese and oil and kind of look like eggs or seeds, so they seemed like a fun option for Imbolc. We don't have the wiggle room but our grocery store carries sheep cheese and maybe next year we'll do that.

One of my resolutions for 2010 was to do more scratch cooking and it's actually kind of fun trying to come up with big, hearty, filling meals that appeal to the whole family using limited resources. It sort of makes the whole thing feel less like cooking and more like.... oh... survival of the fitest or something.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#28 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 PM

Evening mamas

Clay and anyone else who uses Netflix, is it worth it? Right now I am buying my movies used, buy 2 get 2. I always see ads for Netflix, but don't know anyone who uses it. Do you need a CC. I have one just DH likes to pay for things, no debt??

#29 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Feeling the love today? I am. For some reason it seems to be in the air for me.

Hehe I used to sneak on & post it on MY 1st for fun.. since I'm a day ahead hehehe.

Quote:
Happy February First!!!

01022010 neat!
That's major cool .. and I'm a total geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
No defense needed I dont' think.. I am sure several of us did that I know I did LOL. Sorry, not munching on any Gods balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Yeah, I've tried that many times. All he does is whine and complain.
Such is the nature of kids. Lucas does the I'm bored thing all the time... ESPECIALLY when he cannot have wii, computer of tv. He has become very lazy about entertaining himself. WHen he pulls that on me I give him a list of possibles (read a book, drag out art stuff & see what he can create, go OUTSIDE) and leave it up to him to pick one and follow through. I tell him I do schoolwork with him, bake & cook with him, and make all his food, clean the places he plays etc.. that after that I'm pretty sure he can manage playing without my direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I have, isn't it gorgeous! I'd love to see a map of how far they spread!

Ok.. I sorta forgot to his submit LOL

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#30 of 549 Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Clay, WOW! It's all so beautiful. I could very easily go broke. I don't think you are going to have any trouble selling anything. Really fantastic I would be buying one myself right now if I wasn't saving for a car and insurance for the kids! Maybe one day

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page