**chakras** - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2010, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ms.shell, that would be a really neat project. Too bad I can't crochet (yet!) but it does give me ideas

Sure chakras and baguas don't fit together all nicey-nice. The way I think of it is the baguas help the flow of energy of my home, and chakras my body. Both are really relevant, yk? For me it's a personal matter of association. For example, the 3rd eye chakra of intuition I feel goes along nicely with knowledge and self cultivation. Where else besides TM will this help? I dunno. Perhaps it's something I'll think on when beading, or sewing, or getting dressed.

aweynsayl- maybe throw some green in with the heart area? I know how you love rose quartz ( I do too! I almost always have one in my pocket!). I'm thinking moss agate, chrysoprase, adventurine, emerald. And if you are working on your kitchen area, some nice potted herbs would be green (heart) and grounding (root) and nourishing (solar plexus). That is something I should do

sunnysandiegan- it sounds like you've been busy! Yay! for finishing your TM, vacation, selenite, and a good appt.

I want some new essential oils. Here's a link for eo's and chakras. http://www.aromaweb.com/essentialoil...oilrecipes.asp
If you scroll down about halfway you should see chakra symbols and be able to see what eo's they pair with chakras. I'm wanting some rose eo. And cedarwood. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
sunnysandiegan- it sounds like you've been busy! Yay! for finishing your TM, vacation, selenite, and a good appt.
Thanks saphire! It has turned out to be an INCREDIBLE appointment, close to life-altering (and it might BE life-altering)...

I have felt a "clogged" or "stagnant" feeling between my solar plexus chakra and sacral chakra for a long time. I've been seeking various alternative health practices to relieve this physical feeling for 2-3 years now. (BTW, I always suspected emotions as the root cause, but discounted my thoughts due to allopathic doctors basically telling me I was wrong.) I believe each treatment has played a part in the real issues (emotional) slowly revealing themselves and peeling away (physically and emotionally).

So, I did my first cleanse. My Ayurveda practitioner wrote me a custom plan and has been available to me 24/7 for the last 8 days. The strict protocol (specific actions throughout day, specific foods to eat, specific herbs to take) ended yesterday and I have a modified eating plan for three additional days, then I am to ease back into a normal diet.

~*~*~* W O W ! ! ! ! ! *~*~*~*

I have felt like I've had a mild flu during the cleanse and I know my body has released a LOT of toxins. I stink and have been oozing goo from every orifice. That's the physical. The emotional has been like an onion and a roller coaster.... peeling back layer after layer getting closer and closer to the core issues, which has an ebb and flow of rather intense proportions. Mid-day on Monday, I took an epsom salt bath. (It just felt like the thing to do at the time and I had cleared it with my practitioner ahead of time as "once during the cleanse".) WHOA! I've taken many epsom salt baths in the past and NEVER had this reaction. The floodgates opened and my body really started letting go of all that old, icky "stuff", which led to my emotional "gates" also letting go. Yesterday, I finally was in a space where I could clearly see all the emotions I had bottled up and I was able to release them. I no longer feel "stagnant" or "clogged" at all! My whole body feels fluid and flowing and AMAZING!!!!

All my chakras feel appropriately open now versus in the past some being too open and some being too narrow/closed. My chakras feel uniformly open front to back, too, which is a BIG change. I used to only actually feel the front body chakras when I first learned about them. I do still feel a tiny disconnect between my root and sacral chakras, so there is more healing to come. From my sacral chakra upwards, I feel in perfect alignment and it feels soooo good!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 PM

hey ya'll, i just happened to stumble upon (looking for something else entirely) another, looks easier, way of making a treasure bag/pouch/necklace...this one uses "the ancient technique of looping," which looks relatively easy....
http://www.interweave.com/needle/pro...sure-Pouch.pdf
thought i should share the link here.

Mama to 3 boys 

Old 05-06-2010, 02:54 PM

Sunny - WOW that sound amazing. I've been holding off on doing a cleanse until I am done with nursing my l.o., but its been on my mind knowing just how much "gunk" emotionally and physically is built up in my systems.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM

ktg - It really is amazing! I'd definitely hold off until you are finished nursing. Also, spring and fall are the best times, so tuck that away...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 05-08-2010, 07:11 PM

i'm totally not in the right spirit to be on the thread, but i wanted to share something really cool i saw the other day.... it was chakra inspired artwork made from pressed flowers.... picture, if you will, a giant swirling chakra flower made of actual flower petals. oh, it was so inspiring! i've been taking chakra flower photos, and thinking about how i might print them out...... maybe something on a long, tall canvas, so they're stacked in order?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM

We did an active meditation last night at my yoga class. One where you reach for a chakra over your head (can't remember the name) and bring the energy down to Third Eye, then Sacral, then to the Earth. I got so nauseous I thought I'd have to leave. I told the teacher at the end of the class and she told me it's because I'm very sensitive and open to energy flow. I'll keep working with this meditation but I sure hope the side effect will disappear.

Valérie   
Old 05-09-2010, 06:33 PM

val, that sounds amazing!

yay for cleanses! ita, though, post-nursing.

ms.shell, i'm drawn to the comparison of the chakras and tree. i might have to look into that.

relating chakras & baguas~ for me, the main draw is having things in the areas of my home that are chakra appropriate... (so, while i'm in the bath, for example, i focus on my heart chakra by using a green towel... or, while i'm in my cozy chair reading, i'm focusing on my solar plexus by having a candle lit or wrapping myself in a yellow blanket)... it's about making time and more importantly, physical space that enables my chakra work. so that it's woven into the context of my daily life, and not just something i think about while i'm meditating or tapping. of course, i could do that without using baguas, but for me, it adds a whole additional level of power. i've also been working on elements, sounds, and smells. my goal is to make our home such that it contributes to our well-being--so just being in our home helps us to be healthier and in better balance.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
ms.shell, i'm drawn to the comparison of the chakras and tree. i might have to look into that.
me, too. i have been struck by how much looking at in this way helps me to understand both the tree of life AND the chakras so much better. I think when i started reading about the sefirot i might have been overwhelmed and not understanding any of the energies correctly....but now that i see PAIRS lined up as manifestations of the same energy and correlate them with the chakras, its lots easier to understand.
i gotta take my son to school, but when i come back i will see if i can quote some stuff from the Anatomy of The Spirit book re this to share.....

Mama to 3 boys 

Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 PM

Ladies I want to run something past you that has been on my TM and I think I'm about to have a breakthrough - yes its an oprah -AHA - moment.

So I had posted a bamboo branch (though it looked like a tree) running between 2 words, literally like growing, from Balance (right near my root chakra) to Insight at my crown/brow chakra, to Community at the very top.

So from balance in my root, grows insight, which builds to community?

Why do I get the feeling this makes crazy sense, and I should not be just looking to be bequethed a piece of "lucky" bamboo?

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 05-10-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

So from balance in my root, grows insight, which builds to community?
Absolutely!
Makes perfect sense to me.

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling this makes crazy sense, <snip>?
Perhaps you are learning something important about yourself and how you relate to the world...

Old 05-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Sunny - I believe you have nailed it on the head, and I don't want this to get too into TM given the other thread, but I got the impression my intentions for this year was to figure somethings out before I can blossom into myself, which has led to a map of puzzles to say the least.

God I love this thread! !

So if we get back to the ole chakras - root/base chakra - imbalance manifests with the physical right? Illness, general malaise?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

KTG- yes, but not exclusively. One can also feel insecure, ungrounded, restless.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM

Saphire - your addition could not have come at a better time as that is exactly how i've been feeling (all of those). i've always chalked it up to needing to have patience and allowing myself time to settle.

I feel like i just got smacked upside the head by the universe in her very subtle way of telling me how to fix this and grow.

Its really funny how much I've talked at work for programs to build their base/foundation first before expecting any growth. I guess I should take my own advice

Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 PM

ktg, go ahead and say it here-- i think maybe it's easier to say that here than on the TM thread.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 PM

bumping back to this thread as I am stumbling along trying to figure out my TM and its message and my chakras.

...edited...

Its like I'm feeling adrift on a boat, with land a bit off in the distance - where I can almost see it, but more I feel its there. I'm just not sure how to get there.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 PM

ktg~ so did you make those beads? how's your drifting? ... i'm feeling very much like my TM is my road map... only for a boat. um.... astro's been helping me, too.... i've read a couple good articles on authentic selves coming into being this summer, if you want me to toss them at you.....

i'm hoping singin will come over, cause i'm posting something i recently discovered, and i wanted to share.....

we talked, i think, about floral remedies and chakras... here's an interesting thought. wouldnt one think that LOCAL flowers would be somehow more powerful, maybe especially in the root area? i've been struggling with a move, and i found a company who makes local flower essences... i'm taking a remedy now made from plants i'd see if i went out for a hike at a state park. i'm actually not even taking the one they suggest for root (i got the one that was more like rescue remedy)... but i'm feeling a much greater sense of belonging (a huge problem area for me, historically). it's only been two days, but it really struck me powerfully, and thought i'd share...... i'd bet most of us could find local flower brews these days? anyone else have a local company (or heck, make your own?!)........ i'm going up to the mountains this weekend, and i'm thinking i'll have "local" and "chakras" in my mind..... maybe i'll be able to contrast that with some flower essences for our "heart home" later this summer/fall........

User Tag List