Any SSPX or Sedevacantist Catholics out there? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-03-2010, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious...

My family is sedevacantist - we think Benedict XVI is probably not a legitimate successor of St. Peter. Anyone else out there?

Stay at home wife and mom to two sweet boys (12/08 and 2/11)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-03-2010, 09:04 PM

The SSPX aren't sede's. In fact their group is in talks currently with the Vatican. That doesn't mean their might be some people that attend thir chapels that have personal views that are sede but the group itself is not.
#3 of 13 Old 02-03-2010, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I attend SSPX but am NOT a sede...

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#4 of 13 Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
The SSPX aren't sede's. In fact their group is in talks currently with the Vatican. That doesn't mean their might be some people that attend thir chapels that have personal views that are sede but the group itself is not.
Thanks for mentioning this. Yes, sorry for not being more clear but definitely they are not the same position - and you're right that there are sedes who attend SSPX chapels. In many ways the positions are similar, though, in that we see the irreconcilability between the way the modern Church is acting and with our duties as Catholics. Some of the conclusions from that are different, though. Anyways, sorry again if that wasn't clear. I'm still just curious to know if there are EITHER SSPX'ers or Sedes around here? I'm also not at all trying to start any controversies or anything like that, just curious and wanting to say "hello". Thanks!

Stay at home wife and mom to two sweet boys (12/08 and 2/11)!
#5 of 13 Old 02-04-2010, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I am not, but I sympathize (sp?). I have been learning about SSPX lately and I hope things can be figured out.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#6 of 13 Old 04-17-2011, 11:12 PM

please read SATIS COGNITUM encyclical of Pope leo 13. Also read this about JURISDICTION www.JMJsite.com. ( My Plea for spiritual help )ONLY A TRUE POPE CAN APPOINT BISHOPS AND THUS PRIESTS TO GIVE US THE TRUE MASS> NONE OF THE GROUPS POST VATICAN TWO COUNCIL ARE CATHOLIC> THEY ALL TEACH SOME ERROR. We are under divine Interdict with NO true Mass and Sacraments since 1958. Pray for the consecration of RUSSIA to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. By these means alone will the complete Catholic restoration come about. POWER always comes from ABOVE. Catholic Monarchy will return after the Divine Chastisement. The ONE, HOLY CATHOLIC APOSTOLIC Church is Infallible, (Does Not teach error), Indefectible ( Does not Contradict Her own teaching), and Perpetual ( WILL continue to exist always the same untill the end of the world). Ratzinger was not crowned Pope , nor does he head the Catholic church. SSPX is schismatic and lack all JUrisdiction from a true pope. Read La Salette Message ( 1846), Our Lady of Good Success ( 1634 ), marie Julie jahenny Prophecy. STAY AT HOME >>>> AND PRAY>>>>>GOD WILL RESTORE HIS TRUE CHURCH WHEN WE HUMANS LEARN THAT THE FATIMA MESSAGE IS CRITICAL .... WE SAVE OUR IMMORTAL SOUL BY OBEYING THE VIRGIN OF FATIMA. The Third Secret is the New Novus Ordo sect post vatican 2, and all the "Traditional Groups" all desiring your immortal soul .... agents of the ANTICHRIST ...... JESUS CHRIST founded a TRUE CHURCH in AD 33 to Teach the TRUTH ONLY> and lead all men to salvation. BE HUMBLE and you shall not be deceived.
#7 of 13 Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 PM

Wow.. Welcome to MDC. 

I see this is your first post. This is the Spirituality board which does not permit debate but if you're up for discussion I would LOVE to tackle this post in Religious Studies. 

#8 of 13 Old 04-21-2011, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

We're semi- SSPX. I try to attend the diocesean TLM when I can, as the SSPX chapel is just too far away from us. I don't agree with everything done at Vatican II, and would like to see many of the changes reversed. However I'm not sute that the Pope isn't a true Pope - I don't go quite that far. The Catholic Church had such beautiful traditions pre-Vatican II, and they were mostly just wiped away into a much more protestant type experience. I'm a convert to Catholicism, and I because a Catholic for the richness of the Faith, not to get the same experience I could at the local protestant church a block away.

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#9 of 13 Old 04-21-2011, 05:56 PM

I am Catholic, but have never heard of this? What is SSPX or Sedevacantist?

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#10 of 13 Old 04-21-2011, 06:52 PM

Praised be Jesus and Mary!

I live in Hawaii on the Big Island of Hawaii.  I am a Catholic and I hold the sedevacantist position.  I do attend a mass once a month given by a priest of the SSPX.  I am a Catholic and I hold the Catholic faith.  Ben the 16Th does not hold my faith.  He does not believe as I do.  He can call himself what he likes but he is not Catholic.  And if he is not Catholic he can not be the head of the Catholic Church.  I believe that we live in the time of the Great falling away from the faith, spoke of by St. Paul speaking of the last days before our Lord's return.  I believe it has started at the top.  Our Lady told us at La Salete that Rome would lose the faith and become the seat of the Anti-Christ and that the church would be eclipsed.  I believe that is what is happening right now.  Most people that go by the name of Catholic are asleep and do not have any idea of what is going on.  They are too caught up in the things of this world and are just moving along with the crowd.  I pray that God will see you through the darkness and keep you safe from the snares of the world. 

Yours in Jesus and Mary! 

ThatJohn

#11 of 13 Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 PM

SSPX is a traditionalist Catholic organization - Society of St. Pius X. They are not sedevacantist but believe there are errors in VII that are contrary to the faith and 'protest' (so to speak) the New Mass. They serve the traditional Latin Mass only, use the old ordination rites, and continue to give all sacraments in their traditional Latin forms. At one point their bishops and clergy were (wrongly) excommunicated, but are now considered to simply be of irregular canonical status. Sometimes they are called "Lefebrevites" (derogatory) after Bishop Lefevre who began the organization, but it is pretty safe to say their existence is the reason the Traditional Latin Mass is as available as it is today. 

sedevacante is the Latin for "vacant seat" or the term used when the Papal See is vacant. Sedevacantist refers to a 'Catholic' who believes the papal see has been vacant since Pope Piux XII since the Church fell into heresy. There are so many reasons this is an illogical position.. a topic for RS :)  Despite any claims, these folks are not part of the Catholic Church as commonly understood as that is defined as being in communion with the Pope of Rome and really not by anything else

#12 of 13 Old 04-24-2011, 08:27 PM

Definitely not either (though I'm certainly no fan of the current pope), but lurk.gifbecause I'm curious to see where this goes.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. 

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi 

#13 of 13 Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 AM

This is a really old thread that was revived by a semi-spam post.. It may not go anywhere. Then again if I keep replying to every post... :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page