March Pagan circle... spring is coming! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 649 Old 03-16-2010, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oooooh, oooh, oooh, I called him and I think it's his hopefully-job on the other line! Pleasepleaseplease let him get this...oooh, this would be so awesome.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#362 of 649 Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 PM

ok, yeah, it wont be lit then. i'll think of him tonight, then. (heck, i'll go light one now while i cook.) fingers crossed for the job!
#363 of 649 Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 PM

I'll lit a candle and send good vibes in the morning!

I'm very very happy!!! I talked with DS about the Equinox today and he was eager to learn more on the spiritual side of things! This from a little boy (not so little now. lol!) who used to look at anything religious/spiritual with disdain.

Then DH came home and asked me what were my celebration's plan for the week-end!

Wow! This feels like I'm not so solitary after all.

Valérie   
#364 of 649 Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 PM

Hey mamas... we are recovering from a bout of FOOD POISONING, and I am never ever eating chicken again in my whole life. I said that after my first run in with salmonella 20yrs ago.. but this time, I totally mean it. It has been AWFUL. Thankfully Lucas puked it out of his system before it got a chance to hit his intestines, so he was alright after only about 4hours. DH on the other hand, was the worst off and was soo pale (he has quite olivey skin, so pale is really weird on him!). He was better by yesterday afternoon late... and It took me till this morning to come right. Of course, I slept from about 11am through the night lol... with a couple of hour breaks out of the bed before giving up and retreating again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Cari- happy Canberra day After I saw that on my calendar I had to look it up- didn't know what it was. Have fun with all the boys home!
oh.. it was Canberra Day? lol I suppose I should look that up to see wtf it is? Canberra is just where the govt is located... not much of importance there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Hey, PagenMoms....I know I don't come over but I think a lot of you know astrology. Pisces New Moon started yesterday (which I am sure you know) and it is a doozey. In fact all the new moons in 2010 are very potent. If I didn't believe in accidents I would say these moons are eerily 'perfect'. Anyway, I wanted to bring this moon to your attention because of aspects with Mercury and Uranus. I think you guys may be feeling something and this might line up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
... now, i'm wondering if yer the only one who clicked the link? or just the only one who had something to say?
link? There was a link? I was out all day monday and missed a bunch, and sick yesterday... I didn't ignore it, just never saw it!

I am still incredibly WORN OUT ...but I feel fine at least Going to get a minimal amt of schoolwork done with the boys today (lucas got his reading comprehension book down and did it on his own this morning :yay, they're practicing handwriting now) And than attempt to tidy up a bit. It's amazing how messy a house can get if not much cleaning gets done for 2 days! Yesterday nobody could MOVE, well not the grown ups at least. I managed to shoo the boys outside for a bit earlier.. it's beautiful out today!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#365 of 649 Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

don't know if anyone has posted this or cares, but we love it ...

http://www.pookapages.com/MagazinePage.htm

looks like a good one.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#366 of 649 Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 PM

I should be in bed but am just finishing up a couple things.

Cari- YIKES! You have convinced me to go back to being vegetarian. Seriously.

mama3- I'll be looking at that tomorrow.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#367 of 649 Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 PM

Special K diet- I've tried that twice but special k makes me ill for some reason. I don't know if it's prepared on shared equipment with nuts or something but, omg, it kills my stomach and gives me diarrhea.
(tmi?)

#368 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 12:13 AM

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Everything is ok, we're not sinking in despair or anything over here. At last call, the supervisor of our finance company was going to see what had happened and call me back (which she never has of course). Then I was just busy, busy. My mom came into town Monday. I have a long table in the kitchen against the wall that's our alter table. Now, it's covered by a regular cloth to hide the storage underneath. It has a decorative runner, blue with red cardinals and leaves on it. A big wicker/vine star painted gold that I found around Christmas hangs behind the table. I cleared the table to only have our potted pine, 4 plastic cups with plants started in them, and a couple of spring sculptures the kids have done. Seems innocent enough, right? Mom walks in, looks at it, "So is that your Wicca alter?" Mind you, she doesn't know we're Pagan at all. I answered very honestly that no, I'm not Wiccan. Today we spent the day together and I brought it back up, kind of feeling things out. Ended up telling her I'm studying to be a Druid which amazingly impressed the hell out of her - and she knew quite a bit about it. Didn't really go into the whole "but not Christian" thing and probably won't - I'm thrilled with the success I had!

Best quote of the day.
Mom: So, does that mean you're going to end up a High Priestess then?
Me, cautiously: Possibly....
Mom: Lose weight first!
Guess she was having visions of me dancing naked around a fire or something - and yeah, NO ONE wants to see that right now! I about drove off the road I was laughing so hard! She also was very interested in how the Nature/Pagan center is coming along and had some excellent advice on it.

Since we don't have enough to do, we're planning a mystery dinner for mid-May. We've already verified who can come and sent out character sheets today. It's going to be a BLAST!

Tomorrow the kids are spending the day doing shows for the Irish Dance group. Should be fun - but first I have to hem the boy's pants tonight. SO, so behind, and I'm sure Frigga is seriously frowning at the state of the house! Haven't even thought about Ostera yet! Also waiting for things to slow down on Thursday to go back in to the dr - still not over this crap yet, but much better. OH!! And got called for a screening for a local job that pays $20k more a year than my "salary requirements" so I'm hoping I hear more on that. Yeah, I'll definitely go back to work for that kind of money! (Ok, I'll go back to work for a LOT less too! LOL!)

Hugs to all. I caught up on the thread but no way to reply to everyone.
#369 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok... so I missed a ton here.

I'm looking for a doula... I've given up on finding a midwife. Geez, you'd think I lived in the backwoods... oh, wait...

I've been sick for a couple days... called in sick to work yesterday and got a text back "sorry you're sick... can you come in for just a little bit?"

Sometimes I just want to give up.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#370 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 03:16 AM

Sunshine - I've never really found this an appropriate expression, but your mom...ROFLMAO. That sounds like something my mom would say - completely odd statements of qualified support.

I have 2 weeks of maternity leave/work-at-home left . Trying really hard not to count the days. I've been on unpaid leave (like there is anything but unpaid leave in US) - so the bank account really needs my pay check again. But I can't imagine having mu baby with me all day long. She's gonna do great at day care. I nurse her there in the mornings after dropping DS off. She nurses a bit then just smiles at the other babies and trying to get off my lap to get down and play.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#371 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 08:40 AM

Still playing catch up.

Liza-s: sorry about the mat leave coming to an end! I am glad she likes the day care though!

Wolfcat: I'd help you but...I'm no where close haha! If you are having trouble finding a doula and want to PM me, I can try my networks and see who bites.

Maia: *fingers crossed about the job*!

I was out all day yesterday. I was at the naturopath in the morning and the Building Your Own Theology: Ethics workshop in the afternoon (this is with the UU church we attend). DD sleeps then so she just hangs out with us, she usually wakes at the end and blows out the chalice.

Today I meet with an ND who wants to send referrals my way! I am so looking forward to this! Need to double check my directions and take a nice shower!

DD has been not wanting dinner for the last few days and waking in the middle of the night hungry. and at 2-3am, I am still tired haha. We tried a smoothie last night before bed and that worked for the most part.

Things around here are already turning green...both for St Patrick's day and for spring! Loving it!

Off to tackle my to-do list and hopefully more MDC time this afternoon when most of it is done!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#372 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Isn't that funny?! People are interesting. Our eggs come in so many shades....white, off white, greenish, blueish, blueish-green, tan, light brown, dark brown. Everytime I open a carton it looks like they've already been colored for easter eggs. My neighbor, from whom I get these lovely pastured eggs, has so many different variety of heritage hens. There are people who don't believe me when I tell them that the shell colors are determined by the breed of chicken.
I have 4 different breeds of chickens 1 lays white, 2 lay brown and 1 lays colored, blue and green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I was going to ask DOk this but it applies to all- how/when do you see your "crone" period beginning?
I feel like mine is close. I always thought it would be when I was no longer able to have children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Redveg - I'm loving the sun here in WI, got out did a little garden clean up, to get her ready for some lovely new plants which I think she'll like better.
I would love to be in the garden, getting it ready. This week we are going to get close to 60, maybe I will get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Pisces New Moon started yesterday (which I am sure you know) and it is a doozey.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
LOL! My hair started going grey when I was 21. Now it is way more grey than brown...but people still think I look younger than my 44 years. I say it's because fat makes one look younger and being skinny ages. I have a very round/fat face so maybe that is what throws everyone off? But I never dye my hair. Never have, never will (knock wood.)
I am 43 and I have just started to notice grey hairs. I think the red hides it well. I will never dye my hair either. I like grey hair think it looks good I feel like I look much older than my 43 years, living in Florida most of my life, hitting the beach almost everyday and I smoked for many years so I have tons of wrinkles, even on top of my fat! Sometimes it bothers me, but I think it has to do with the fact that so many people who are in their 40's and 50's have had "work" done and they don't look like a 40 or 50 year old. Makes someone who looks their age look old?? Maybe I just look old? Too much pressure to look a certain way sometimes.

Quote:

wowza, that IS small. i can see where that could get stickey. here's hoping it settles out... sending you a great big hug.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post

I'm very very happy!!! I talked with DS about the Equinox today and he was eager to learn more on the spiritual side of things! This from a little boy (not so little now. lol!) who used to look at anything religious/spiritual with disdain.

Then DH came home and asked me what were my celebration's plan for the week-end!

Wow! This feels like I'm not so solitary after all.
How wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Hey mamas... we are recovering from a bout of FOOD POISONING, and I am never ever eating chicken again in my whole life.
it's the worst! Glad you and the family are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Mom walks in, looks at it, "So is that your Wicca alter?" Mind you, she doesn't know we're Pagan at all. I answered very honestly that no, I'm not Wiccan. Today we spent the day together and I brought it back up, kind of feeling things out. Ended up telling her I'm studying to be a Druid which amazingly impressed the hell out of her - and she knew quite a bit about it. Didn't really go into the whole "but not Christian" thing and probably won't - I'm thrilled with the success I had!

Best quote of the day.
Mom: So, does that mean you're going to end up a High Priestess then?
Me, cautiously: Possibly....
Mom: Lose weight first!
Guess she was having visions of me dancing naked around a fire or something - and yeah, NO ONE wants to see that right now! I about drove off the road I was laughing so hard! She also was very interested in how the Nature/Pagan center is coming along and had some excellent advice on it.

I am happy for you. How wonderful to have this turn out with your Mom. Takes a weight off your shoulders

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#373 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 10:30 AM

Candle lit and good vibes sent for M&M!

Food poisonning - yuck! I'm glad it's over Cari! Sending you smooth vibes to ease back into "normal" life.

Mamaofthree: thanks for the link!

Sunshine - lol!

Wolfcat - good vibes on finding a doula! Hope you feel better!

Liza-s - (((hugs)))

Nicole - wow! busy schedule! You sound happy!

I need COFFEE!!!

I want to clean the clothesline and hang to dry today instead of using the dryer. Have to look if I have access to the line first (things have been left on the deck and are stuck in ice - the deck is on the north side of the house so it takes longer to melt)

I've seen little green sprouts in the flower bed! This is so unusual at this time around here!!! And DD2 ran after a butterfly yeaterday!!! A butterfly!!! I don't remember seeing butterflies so early!

Valérie   
#374 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Morning~I miss you all!

Gun-I'm so sorry for the disappointment My sister adopted about 6 years ago, and it really opened my eyes to what a difficult rollercoaster experience it can be. Maybe a little pampering is in order? Good luck with the house.

Maia-Thinking of you and M today

Aweyn-I loved the link It was certainly a surprise from an etsy link, but I think it's a beautiful idea.

So, a little update from me. After looking for an alternate place to rent for 3 weeks, we spontaneously moved out of our house on Sunday due to fear of mold from the crazy bad leak we have. We've been couch hopping this week-Yuck! Monday I did a nice New Moon ritual exactly at the new moon-around 2 pm here. I centered and focused on home being wherever my family is. An hour later, I got a call about a fully furnished short term rental we can have around 4/1. It's a fairly good fit for our family with a bonus of being in the redwoods with a trail down to the beach!

The downside that I hope you'll all understand: After negotiating everything, we were about to leave and the woman said, "Oh BTW, candles or any open flames are not permitted." I did this: She gave me the strangest look

Oh well. It will have to do. I'll make it work.*sigh* But Yay beach and forest Now we just have to hang in there 2 more weeks.

Hooray for chickens and butterflies. Hugs and Springy energy to all today, and some nice fall? energy to Cari. Hope to be back sooner vs later.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#375 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 AM

Roo starts piano lessons/music therapy today.

Femme- How strange that you can't burn candles. Maybe they had an incident in the past.

#376 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 11:37 AM

LED candles!! I would be so sad if I couldn't have candles or incense burning on occasion though, so I totally feel you. but YAY!! on a place to live! Sounds REALLY nice too!

We're going to plant seeds today in our starters...here come the blog posts rambling on and on about my garden. So freaking boring LOL. But it will be smaller this year and I'm building small boxes, so I guess I'm doing container gardening?

Root canal & temp crown tomorrow. Wisdom teeth on Friday...*gulp* I'm trying to prepare my house for me to be out of commission for a few days. I'm already freaking out. It kills me though because it's not getting the work DONE that's worrying me now...it's AFTERWARD that's freaking me out. I'm so scared the pain killers will make me puke...so I'll just have to suffer!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#377 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 02:04 PM

Oh, mamas, oh mamas, it all worked out for the best outcome today! Thank you so much for the candles and energy for M. One more time on April 9th and hopefully this will be all over, for the best I am so worn out from magicking It's so hard to keep focus and energy for that long!

Dunno about the job for M yet. They seem to take their time, but then, it's a very highly technical job so I bet they have to be very persnickety.

Just wanted to check in and let y'all know what's up. Cari, you feeling better? I skimmed the posts-- how awful. I hate food poisoning. Yarrow, if you have that-- I find it soothing in tea, for that. Of course, good ol' Pepto does wonders too

How's everybody else?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#378 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM

Yea, Maia!!

femme, my stepdad did rental property for a long time, and the issue with candles is 2 fold. First off, people get careless and wax drips on the carpet and never comes out (ask me about the 3 hard spikey places on DS's carpet). The second problem is that if not tended properly, they can actually leave soot and such on the ceiling and stain it. Would you be careless? Of course not, but then again how many of us have seen places that don't allow pets because a select few let theirs tear up the place? Can you light them outside?

OK, the kids did 3 shows today and they called it quits, so I'm trying to pack them a bag to stay with mom at the hotel for a couple of days. Hey, she wants them there, there's a pool and they want to be there, and I'm 5 min away. Yeah, I'm totally good with that! LOL!
#379 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 02:21 PM

yay for m! boo for ickies, cari! happy snake day those who so celebrate.

oh, ladies. the house deal is about to fall thru. there's a huge problem from the inspection, and the owners are refusing to pay for it, and we just cant afford to inherit a disaster (nor do i want this particular disaster). but, ohhh. i dont know what we will do. we were at the end of our ability to cope with our current situation, and we have family plans coming up that are going to be nixed, and i am just..... i'm probably going to go hide under a rock for a while, knowing me when things get bad.....

so, blessings for the spring, and great big hugs from me.
#380 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 PM

Raining today! In drought country all rain is something to celebrate, and rain in late winter is so rare. It goes into the ground better than snow, too. The boys insisted on going out to play in it, cold as it was.

So much I've missed. Let's see (deep breath)

gun, I'm so sorry this one didn't turn out to be what you wanted it to be . I've added your intention to grow your family to my altar and think of you often. May it be soon for you!

sunshine -- loved the story about your mom!

Cari -- food poisoning sucks Are the tummies back to normal yet? I have had it a couple of times and it threw my gut off for weeks -- had to keep to a very gentle diet. Feel better soon!

Maia -- happy for you! Was thinking of you and M this morning!

femme rouge -- so glad you have a nice place to stay in the interim. Lighting candles outside is a great idea, actually! Love a candle on a table in the yard with a couple of lawn chairs in the evening...

DoK yay for piano lessons and music therapy! Hope Roo takes to it and it does for him what you want it too.

Wolfcat -- wishing you an easy last few weeks. Can't believe you are so close to having that baby!

Autumn -- best wishes on the root canal and recovery! I found life easier afterwards than the pain. Have you talked to your surgeon about your fears re: nausea? I have similar concerns and they can really do a lot to help with that now.

aweyn -- boo for unhappy inspection surprises! Will keep my fingers crossed that the owners come to their senses and pay for it.

Liza -- sorry that your leave ends soon, but so very happy for you that you have childcare that you are comfortable with for your dd and ds.

Yay for sprouts, butterflies and UU courses that you can bring your children to.

Hugs to anyone I missed.

I am now out of time, but wanted to come back and talk about mother/crone stuff. Soon.
#381 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
oh, ladies. the house deal is about to fall thru. there's a huge problem from the inspection, and the owners are refusing to pay for it, and we just cant afford to inherit a disaster (nor do i want this particular disaster). but, ohhh. i dont know what we will do. we were at the end of our ability to cope with our current situation, and we have family plans coming up that are going to be nixed, and i am just..... i'm probably going to go hide under a rock for a while, knowing me when things get bad.....
Dang, Aweyn
Still, better to know now, than to have it show up later. Boo on the owners for not paying for it. Might they lower the price of the house to the tune of the cost of repair? Or is it way too much to take on?
The home inspection guy totally did not check under my bedroom during my home inspection. Bought the house, had ds's birthday party 2 months later, a dad that was there is a general contractor, and he told me that there were joists cut under my bedroom, and in the bathroom, and that it was a matter of time before those rooms collapsed
Luckily I had a bit of money left from the loan, and he had some time between jobs, and did me an incredible deal on fixing it. Nearly immediately, too. He was the son of a single mom with a bunch of kids, so has a soft spot for single parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Raining today! In drought country all rain is something to celebrate, and rain in late winter is so rare.
Yeah, we were under severe/extreme drought for two years, then last year it totally dumped on us and has been wet ever since. I hope you pull out of it soon. Where are you?

Thanks for the M thoughts

And how in the world did you make all those comments w/o multiquoting???

Got new phones so that I can talk to M in my room at night, still They have to charge for at least 16 hours, though. Boo.

#382 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 06:07 PM

We had a nice walk this afternoon. Then Roo played in our front yard while I sat on steps. I'm sooo wishing I had a latte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Root canal & temp crown tomorrow. Wisdom teeth on Friday
Oh my goodness. You will be in my thoughts.

Quote:
oh, ladies. the house deal is about to fall thru.
That's just crappy. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
DoK yay for piano lessons and music therapy! Hope Roo takes to it and it does for him what you want it too.
She also brought her guitar in (I'm guessing she didn't want to leave it in her car.) Although it was in it's case the whole time, ds kept eyeing it.
Think I'll ask her what age is ok to start them on guitar. I can't imagine ds doing well with that though because of his low tone. (you need strength and stamina to keep those fingers on the the strings (for chords).

#383 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I need COFFEE!!!

I want to clean the clothesline and hang to dry today instead of using the dryer. Have to look if I have access to the line first (things have been left on the deck and are stuck in ice - the deck is on the north side of the house so it takes longer to melt)
for you
I have clothes on the line now, it's been weeks since we've reliably been able to hang things out! yay for sprouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Just wanted to check in and let y'all know what's up. Cari, you feeling better? I skimmed the posts-- how awful. I hate food poisoning.
We're all back to normal now! It's amazing how efficient your body can be at getting rid of nasty GI bacteria We had almost 24 REALLY bad hours, then yesterday we were both about 75%.. today.. Feeling AWESOME!

Quote:
oh, ladies. the house deal is about to fall thru. there's a huge problem from the inspection, and the owners are refusing to pay for it, and we just cant afford to inherit a disaster (nor do i want this particular disaster). but, ohhh. i dont know what we will do.
UGH.. BUT at least the inspection caught it! I can't believe, in that market, that the sellers expect you to buy a house with a major problem when there a zillions on the market You will find a house you love, just hang in there!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#384 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 PM

thankee, me lovelies! big smiles and huge hugs.
#385 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 PM

Aweyn- when we made an offer on our last house there was a problem with the inspection. The seller wouldn't pay and we walked. About two (3?) months later they called and said they'd take care of it if we were still interested. Apparently the hadn't realized that NO bank woulds give a loan on the house without the fix, and no buyer would pony up for the fix either. So you just never know.

Candles- ditto the LED candles and maybe one of those light diffusers instead of incense (the metal ring that fits around an incandescent light to diffuse the scent)

Autumn- thinking gentle happy health teeth vibes at you!

Maia- yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We spent the day in the park... and here's the cool news. Our local salvationa rmy has a monthly "family day" where everything is 50% off. It's crazy busy, and it was today. I've been dreaming about nursing wear, even went to a few websites, but there was no way I could afford 30-50 dollars per item. Well, I decluttered (in prep for the treasure map) and donated a few bags of clothing, then walked into the sale. And there were a half dozen nursing tops, expressiva and motherhood, in my size! And TWO J Jill tops (and I lurv J Jill)... both nursing friendly!!!!!! And while I was there I bumped into a friend I hadn't seen in two years. It was an amazing day. Just amazing.

Not to mention it's like 60 degrees today (one of the tops I got was an Old Navy maternity corduroy jacket that fits me perfectly). And sunny.

Weight- awwwwww, thanks! I know I'm a totally normal weight, and I'm really not interested so much in the number on the scale. It's more that things are still a bit jiggly from Tor's pregnancy (ok, honestly, from Ro's pregnancy ) so my nicer pre-SAHM wardrobe doesn't really fit. So if I'm going to be showing off the family I want my nicer clothing to fit. But now I have some spiffy nursing wear as well.... w00t!

We had a yummy "San Patricio" dinner... huevos rancheros, soda bread, whiskey, and guiness. For those who don't click links, the "San Patrocios" were Irish fellahs conscripted on the docks as they arrived in the US to fight for the Union Army. Many of them were sent to fight in what is now Mexico, and many of them defected there. If caught they were hung for desertion, but those who avoided capture married local girls and fought for Mexico. It's an interesting (and mostly forgotten) chapter of the wild geese saga and a nice way to celebrate national "Wanna be Irish Day". Dinner was warm and yummy.

Ok, off to the joys of the bedtime ritual. Tor has been a total noog lately.... he had better crawl, or cut a tooth, or something because he is drivign me into sleep deprived babbles. Seriously, his sleep habits have gone to pot and this had better be a short term dissolution elading to a new/better thing otherwise I'm gonna fall over.

Be nonny and enjoy the evening!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#386 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 PM

Good vibes toward those who need them! Maia--how's M doing now? Aewen--I hope that something works out for you fast! House deals are soooo tricky!

So next week for me is INSANE! I am interviewing for a job on Wednesday where DH works in the summer (mine would be an all year position), Thursday I'm taking an SAT test to see if I can tutor it (I wouldn't do both jobs though--no way), and Friday is my Full Moon Ritual. I need some strength ladies!

Come ponder with me about food!
#387 of 649 Old 03-17-2010, 10:55 PM

Hi, mamas! I'm dipping back in after months away again.

It will take me a little while to read along and get the feel for the thread again, but I wanted to say hello and let you all know I'd be reading along. Has anyone heard from Salvia in a while? I just did a check for her in the member list and didn't see her name...

Love and light to you all tonight--I had a rough one with my littles, and on those nights especially, I feel like I need to send out A LOT of the good stuff! So please accept and enjoy!
#388 of 649 Old 03-18-2010, 11:10 AM

They talked about snow on the news last night... I hope the mix of freezing rain and snaw they are announcing for next week won't kill the buds and sprouts.

Busy week-end ahead! Trying to plan an easy quick celebration meal to celebrate the Equinox. Might end up with Eggs Benedict. Or a quiche...
(or egg sandwiches if we are on the go )

Valérie   
#389 of 649 Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Busy week-end ahead! Trying to plan an easy quick celebration meal to celebrate the Equinox. Might end up with Eggs Benedict. Or a quiche...
(or egg sandwiches if we are on the go )
I've been craving eggs benedict (without the meat).

#390 of 649 Old 03-18-2010, 12:13 PM

Good morning all! It is glorious, and sunny, and on track to be a brilliant day but we are soooooo slow today! I was braiding the girls' hair as we walked to the car and although we were on time to preschool it was a close thing!

Gotta get my groove back today... dishes, snacks, parent/teacher meeting, park. Sounds like a plan to me!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page