March Pagan circle... spring is coming! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2010, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
some seriously awesome weather today!
sun is out, it is in the 60's! i am actually sweating! woot! i spring!
of course the weather is going to change by monday, but i do not care! lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 07:29 PM

beautiful weather but my kids are pretty tired so they don't feel like going out.

I've started my diaper business if anyone wants to see them. www.dentwokids.etsy.com

i'm knitting stuff for trinity now that the weather is beginning to look up. I am going to make stuff for little lu as well.

We're hoping this is going to be the month that we get pregnant as the midwife said the bc should be out of my system now! I hope!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful first day of spring!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:37 PM

I hope everyone is having a blessed Ostara!

It was a beautiful day today, (though I had to work during most of it )

I'm off to soak up some last minute spring sunshine with the LO! Be back soon!

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 PM

It was 71 today. So nice. I'll post more about my day at another time. I have a yucky headache.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 03-20-2010, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I'm hoping to talk ds into going to Sturbridge Village. Woohoo...I think I finally talked him into it!
awesome er.. package store (booze store + "gourmet" food store) there. i used to take my empties up there from Storrs, and then do a little shopping

we went to Fort Wayne to check out the Hubble exhibit at Science Central. great science center for kids.

stayed in a hotel with a pool and ds finally got the hang of swimming (well, sorta).

we just finished our Ostara bonfire. Ostara/Easter bunny visits our house tonight and we'll be having Ostara food sorta all day tomorrow.

i'll try to catch up on this thread tonight and tomorrow - i really needed this short break

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 03-20-2010, 11:36 PM

and who was it that recommended Stirling's "Dies the Fire" ? when i wasn't doing stuff with the family this weekend, my nose was stuck in that book. now i'm hunting down the rest of his books.

"Clan of the cave bear" is sitting in the queue, along with May's "The Many-Colored Land".

AND THESE OBNOXIOUS CATS!! we've never had such a welcome home from the cats as after this stint. of course, it was also the first time that we've left the little guy for more than jsut a few hours. i wonder if he was beating up on the old lady, or if that is just for show now that we're home.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 03-21-2010, 02:11 AM
gun

HAPPY SPRING!! Hope it treats you all fab!
Hello all! Welcome to the new folks - glad to see you here!!

I am busy packing and have been working on a scrapbook for our adoption profile. My back aches from sitting hunched over my pages!! I haven't done any scrappin' since DD was about 6mo. It was a pleasure to get my supplies out again. I must say that I am rather pleased with how it turned out. (I am hoping it is very good and something happens very soon!!)

I went to the memorial service of a dear friend's father today. Very sad. He was a good man. After that all I could muster for dinner was a pizza delivery.

Our weather was overcast and darned chilly at 37 degrees. BRRRRRRR! We were spoiled by yesterdays balmy 70!

Peace- Heather
Old 03-21-2010, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
and who was it that recommended Stirling's "Dies the Fire" ? when i wasn't doing stuff with the family this weekend, my nose was stuck in that book. now i'm hunting down the rest of his books.
I plead guilty to seconding the series. Just wait until you get to the second set. I really liked the first three, but I loved the three that follow after those ~ 22 years later. I think the last of that set is to be released fall 2010. I know it will be on my holiday list next winter!

It sounds like everyone has/had great Ostara plans. We ended up with a slight change to accommodate a last minute playdate DS #1 had been trying to work out for weeks. So eggs were dyed tonight after dinner instead of this afternoon, and tomorrow we'll do a celebration. that gives me more time to think about what to do! The Ostara Bunny's visit was a big hit. Lots of fun finding eggs, and enjoyment of the small goodies found in the eggs. They each got a "Crafty" thing from the Bunny in their baskets, since Spring is about growth and starting new things. It's been fun watching DS# 2 go from "it's neat but I'll never use it" to "Maybe tomorrow I'll make a flower" over the course of the day. (he got a knitting mushroom -- it's just about right for his dexterity, but he wasn't sure he liked it at first). Of course, DS#1 wanted one too, but he'd gotten a watercolor paint set (one he'd said he wanted for 2 years since DS#2 got one).

Breakfast tomorrow is I'm sure mostly hard boiled eggs for those of us that can eat eggs. Not sure yet what I'm going to make for DS#2 though. And I need to think of dinner plans, and SpiralScout meeting plans -- guess I should get some sleep and see what comes to me over night. Greens should be easy to work in somehow.

-debbie )O( wife to J., mom to P. (12/21), L. (4/30)

Old 03-21-2010, 09:49 AM

Morning

I hope everyone had a fantastic Ostara. It was so beautiful here almost 70 and clear blue skies. We spent the day outside cleaning up gardens. I can't tell you how nice it was to feel the ground, no snow. I got some meditation in, enjoyed all the lovely little greens poking through the ground.

Happy belated to Connor

Today we will be working outside and in for a bit and maybe having another bbq I hope everyone has a fantastic day. The closer it gets to garden time the more excited I get. I thnk I am going to have to adjust the time I am on here, when the days are nice I am outside almost the entire day. Have to start posting at night.

unschoolin, nice to see ya

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 03-21-2010, 02:20 PM

Good morning all! Yesterday was chilly, after a week of hitting 60 I think it made it to 45. Still nothing horrible though! We went to a ritual at a friends house. We usually don't go to them because they're such a mixture of different styles they really don't speak to us, but we'd missed Fire Circle on Friday and us showing up meant a lot. There's a huge celebration today at the UU, but honestly I'm still wading through about literally 20 loads of laundry + ironing that I simply HAVE to get on top of, the kids want to play with the neighbors, and I think we'll just have a nice, peaceful "spring cleaning" type of day at home.

I broke out my runes yesterday. I've been neglecting them of late. I presented 3 issues. One was my and Dh's relationship (kind of a "test" if you will as I feel comfortable knowing the status of it). Basically they said our relationship is great, filled with joy, and has unlimited possibilities. Ok that was pretty dead on in our opinions. Next issue was my soaps business. Which I was essentially told to get over myself. The runes that came up said that the way I've been doing things isn't working, I need to deal with my own issues on it, get past them and focus on it. Yeah laymans' very accurate translation is get off your duff, quit being lazy and put some real attention towards it! Both of those VERY accurate. So the last one was the Nature Resource Center I'm trying to open. It getting up relies on me, don't let my ego get in the way of accepting help, it's destined to be a success, but don't rush past any issues we encounter. So definitely good readings!

Still fighting the darn sinus infection, but the great news is that the bronchitis is long gone. Will probably go back to the dr this week to see about getting it knocked out. But I'm SO happy to be back to functional Hence the laundry and ironing (BOO!).

Sat down with DH yesterday to set out all my 'projects' and figure out what needs to be done when, etc. SO things are a lot better organized in my mind at least. I'm definitely feeling the renewal of spring!

Have a great day to all!
Old 03-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Happy Spring!

NOT the nicest weather we've had lately here, but I'm still feeling the change of season. Planted some seeds, cleaned out my freezer and ordered some organic chickens from our egg and milk supplier, which I will have to help process in August :P It will be my test to whether I can handle raising chickens if we do move to the country next year.

We are saving the egg hunt for the Easter weekend, when we have 4 days off and will travel to join dh. I've been telling my kids about the Ostara Owl, though!

Glad you're enjoying Stirling, bluets. He surprised me with this series -- there are some earlier novels by him that I absolutely wouldn't recommend and even his Island in the Sea of Time books are spotty.

Welcome, and welcome back, Honeytree and Unschoolin'!

And happy birthday to Connor! 6 is a great age to be! My just-turned-6 son has been begging me for AA Milne's poem about being 6, do you know it?

The slightly altered version I use goes:

"When I was one, I had just begun.
When I was two, I was really new.
When I was three, I was becoming me.
When I was four, I was learning the score.
When I was five, I was coming alive.
But now I'm six, and I'm oh, so clever!
I want to be six now for ever and ever!"

Taking it easy this weekend. I had to get out of bed a 1 am a couple of nights back to shut both gates to our backyard, they were thumping, flapping in the wind (and dh away, couldn't make him do it grrr).

Maybe I should do something about my gates on the next full moon....hmmm.

I have tax receipts to sort today. And groceries to buy. And boys to excercise. And ripe avocados to eat.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:07 PM

Mmm, avocados

I like to make veggie sushi with them. I have them on the grocery list for next week! Sushi is surprisingly easy to make, though a bit labor intensive. DS and I lurve it. I use avocado, carrot, and cucumber.

Funny story:
When ds was about 3, DS and I were eating sushi that I'd made, and I had put too much wasabi on one of my pieces. I was fanning my nose, hardly able to breathe, and ds was like "Mama! What's wrong??" I said "Nothing, sweetie, just a wasabi moment".
So, a couple of pieces later, he starts fanning his nose, acting just like I had a moment before, and I said "What's wrong??" (thinking he'd got a bit of wasabi by accident). He turned to me, and in all seriousness, said "Nothing, mommy. Just a tamari moment"

Lazy day today. I really had lots on my mind to do, but it's cloudy and yucky and just a stay-in-bed day. We did get up and go to church, and now ds has a friend over, and I've talked to M a couple of times but now I'm just even too lazy to watch a movie. That's pathetic

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Although we did spend some time outside today, I've been working online A LOT today.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:23 PM

HAPPY SPRING!!!

This is my third try at posting... my message keeps getting shorter!

Friday night Laia didn't feel well... she started throwing up around 10pm and kept going (at least once an hour, sometimes more) until about 10am. Since her first big hurl completely drenched Rowan and Tor is teething and refuses to sleep unless latched on... well... it was a tough end to the winter months.

We started doing the laundry that night and right at this very moment the last load is in the drier! Just about all the bedding, the sleeping bags, the pajamas, etc were totally icked. A looooong, sick night followed by a hard morning. BUT... from this a new family tradition was born! The "First Day of Spring Shower"!

Basically a "throw everyone into a hot shower and scrub with Dr Bronner's Mint soap" then get dressed in front of the fire. Starting Spring fresh and all that, not to mention getting the puke out of everyone's hair.

But despite the sickness, we had a nice day. The girls dyed eggs, made felt flower crowns, planted seeds (their spring baskets included seeds and mini greenhouses), painted fairy houses, and we all went to the park. Tor had a nice "first Ostara" and nibbled on fruit puffs and played with a new froggie toy. We didn't have our "big meal", but instead had yogurt/fruit smoothies and applesauce. Springlike and easy on tummies. And I made an Ostara necklace with sea glass beads... I like!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Witchy- I have a doc I made about healing bad tears (after my 4th degree). PM me if you want a copy to pass along.

I had responded to a whole bunch of people but... given how many times the computer ate my posts... I'm just going to wish good health, good fortune, gentle sleep, and bright spring energy to all and call it a day!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

well our day didn't go as planed, my night at work was a killer and i was just to wiped out to stay up. dh and the kids colored eggs while i was at work last night and i filled the baskets before i left for the night. they ate goodies all morning then i got up after a few hours of sleep and they looked for the eggs. no fancy dinner, no mushroom launch. dh is getting fish and chips for dinner. i am a bit bummed, mostly at myself. i am not sure why i would have scheduled myself for a saturday shift especially on ostara. and i let myself get talked into letting a kids stay over fri-sat so we didn't even do it for the morning on ostara. blaaa. well i will make the dinner later in the week, and maybe we will do the mushroom thing sometime this week too.

ok OT: dh needed some deodorant, but he doesn't really like Tom's, i use to get him old spice, but that made him itchy so he stopped using it. so there i am at the men's deodorant isle and not sure what to get him and i see Axe. so i get that for him... OMG! mixed with his own man smell it is like heaven. lol i have found his new deodorant! lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 03-21-2010, 08:45 PM

We are back from DC. The weather was warm and sunny for the two days we were walking about. Took the girls to the portrait gallery, to see the constitution (which gave me chills just seeing it), zoo and air/space musuem. The puppa woof, as she is known, did great at the boarding place and we are thrilled with the level of care. So, all, in all, it was fantastic.

Unschoolinmom- my, it is so good to see you on.

I am very behind- sorry to hear about tooth pain and illness. I hope everyone is on the mend.

I gave the girls suckers and baby animals that grow in water (sheep, lamb and puppy), for a welcome spring greeting.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 03-21-2010, 09:44 PM
gun

Aubergine68 - love the poem!

Maiasaura - Adorable moments like these are worth writing down and especially sharing with us!!

wombatclay - Love the new spring ritual bathing! Too bad ot was started w/ so much ick! Hope L is on the mend!

mamaofthree - I love strong spicy deodorants!! I have problems with many perfumes and fragrances but many men's deodorants don't seem to bother me. I adore Old Spice deodorant! My DH only uses the crystal kind of deodorant. I hope your DH is in agreement that this is his new smell!

Aeress - sounds like a lovely get-away! (I imagine that the town was super busy for your time there! )

Peace- Heather
Old 03-22-2010, 12:03 AM

Missing everyone! I will try to read this thread tomorrow with my coffee. I feel that I'm healing pretty well. I just have to remember not to over do it tomorrow when dh goes back to work. And I pray that my children keep their wits about them and not go insane on me!! Expecting RAIN of course!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 03-22-2010, 03:27 AM

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Connor Aubergine.. that poem is so CUTE.. I hadn't actually heard it before. Love it

We're just home from our last monday classes for this term. The boys had a great time and Quinn did pretty well with the very full day, it was his first day out with us doing school activities. He was VERY put out that he didn't get a class to go to, but could only play on the very excellent playground

I'm COMPLETELY wiped out so I think I'm going to grab a nana nap before I have to have a bite to eat & head out again. I have a boring workshop tonight for our distance ed school about paperwork Should be thrilling, and not something I should attend tired... as I might nap there

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 AM

Monday Monday. Dragging my feet. Hoping I can get some more med today because I had a scary asthma attack last night. I'm not liking being on Symbicort. It seems that when I do end up having asthma symptoms now, they are SCARY worse.

Nothing else going on today. Expecting a book delivery for my business (having a book fair next month at my UU church.) So I need to get any errands done first thing in the morning.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 AM

Morning

Well after a weekend of wonderful weather it is chilly, cloudy and looks like rain. I don't mind we could use the rain, just wish is was warm enough to open the windows.

I hope everyone has a great day. I am just going to be doing some pick up around here. Waiting on a fridge to arrive could take up to a week, which is no big deal seeing as I haven't had one in about 3 weeks. It will be nice to have some food in the house. This going to the store almost everyday is putting a big dent in my wallet.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 AM

I just found out that my good friends's brother was killed in a motorcycle accident last night. I am waiting to call him...I am just stunned. RIP DJ, Dennis- and sending peace to his family. I spent most of my high school/early college years at their house...wow, just unbelievable.

Sorry to be a downer this morning.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 03-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Karen-

Old 03-22-2010, 11:39 AM

A candle burning to light your friend's way, and another for the family and friends left behind.

It's raining here too. I want to listen to the NPR coverage of yesterday's vote but we only get NPR in the car and I don't want to drag everyone through the rain! Laia has kept her tummy under control for 24hrs but has a fever. I'm wiped out and barely functional. Probably not a good combo for getting rained on and driving.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 AM

Oh, Karen, I'm so sorry for your loss....what a shock that news must have been for you!

Woke up to a couple inches of snow on the ground -- started as rain, so there's ice underneath.

Up in the night with flapping gates again -- that's enough. I will be shopping for locks. I suspect some young neighbors of leaving them open -- don't mind them coming into my yard to get frisbees or whatever that go over our fence, but I can't handle the gates being left open. And there *are* occasionally night prowlers in the neighborhood .

I think this is my pms issue for the month so being civil with neighbors is feeling like a trial Doing a lot of tapping, considering what crystals to carry to freshen the energy, etc. Considering calling a dragon to guard my yard and my kids but wondering if that would be an overreaction. Afraid the dragon would turn out to be out of control pms me. I need calmer energy than that.

Glad you are feeling better Autumn; wishing you an easier day. Wombat, not sick children again! You have the most amazing stoic/cheerful attitude about stuff like this!

Sunshine, I've never done rune readings but I think I finally found all my runes (just a kid's set). I should start researching and spending time with them. I read about making one's own set of runes and that idea really spoke to me. I mean to do it someday.

DoK, I'm sorry about your being unhappy with your med. Asthma is awful from many different angles without that. Hope it gets straightened out for you. And yay for the book fair!

at the tamari moment, Maia! I have a sushi mat but have never actually made rolls with it. I think I have to go into a nearby city to get the nori. I would love to make California rolls with my kids. Should get off my butt and just make it happen. You can freeze nori, right?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:06 PM

Thanks Ladies.

In other news, our DC trip proved to be very beneficial in other ways- I got some great books- some neat art books, which have inspired me to be more creative again. I used to paint but haven't since high school, I wasn't all that great at it but I loved the feeling of making strokes on canvas. I have a vision of a tree, with the roots representing our "roots" (this house, us, the grape vines) and the tree branching out, like with our future possibilities, life changes and growth. Maybe I will make that part of my TM? Hmmm....was thinking a sun but now, this is more appealing.

We have rain as well. As long as it doesn't snow, I will be happy.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:23 PM

Karen- I'm so sorry about your friend. How tragic peace and light to you, his friends and family.

We are moving tomorrow. It will be nice to get semi settled for a bit. It is hard for me to relax when staying at someone's house. Especially with busy, messy, noisy, normal kiddos.

Happy Spring everyone

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
Old 03-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Karen I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm pretty tired today after a very odd OB appointment that I'm still letting sink in. But other than that, I think, even in this rain, I will try to make some lemonade out of lemons.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:05 PM

femme- congrats on the move!

We got most of the shell of the addition finished this past weekend. All the exterior windos/doors are in! The house wrap is up too. I can't wait to "move in" to our addition.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
femme- congrats on the move!

We got most of the shell of the addition finished this past weekend. All the exterior windos/doors are in! The house wrap is up too. I can't wait to "move in" to our addition.
Thanks and congrats to you too! That's a lot of progress.

I can't wait to feel more grounded. Home is important to me, and when I don't feel settled I struggle with keeping my anxiety in check. I am happy to report though that I've held it together pretty well throughout this. A little tapping and energy work went a long way.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif

User Tag List