March Pagan circle... spring is coming! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-23-2010, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Home now... thanks for the well wishes! Aubergine, that must have been some wish! I feel like I've been kicked in the jaw, but things went really well. They were able to re-use the old cap and they didn't have to "excavate" the tooth or plan a rc. I've got a lot of swelling and pressure inside the cap now, and fitting/re-cementing the cap was painful, but other than ibuprofen for pain and swelling and an order to request abx if I start running a fever, I'm set. Oh, and a hydrogen peroxide rinse for today and tomorrow. Here's hoping I get another 10-12 years.

Oh, really funny. At some point in the last 12 years the dentist moved his office... into the space once used by my childhood dentist! Kinda interesting. I haven't been to a dentist since 2003, got this cap in 1998, and there I was walking into a dental office I last entered in what? 1980 maybe?

In other happy news, Tor's doing well... his stats are 20lbs 10oz, 29 inches. Yay for my little meatball!

I'm lighting candles for those facing physical and emotional pain. Big hugs and hopes for healing.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 06:50 PM

Clay- Glad they were able to reuse the cap.
I've never heard of capping a problem tooth like that unless that tooth has had a root canal.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 03-23-2010, 07:35 PM

It's a "cheap fix" that can be used if the root itself is intact/infection free. It saves the cost of the rc and avoids the more invasive surgery (with it's associated risks) and doesn't have any of the "dead tooth" drawbacks. On the flip side, you still have "live tooth" problems (like ongoing decay, potential root infections), a cap doesn't last as long and it's nasty painful if the cap comes off because the nerve is exposed, and you have to have enough "good tooth" to cap securely.

ugh. I seriously feel like I've been walloped!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
And wishing M a good sponsor, and healing, Maia. Good to know that one doesn't have to freeze nori. I thought it might go bad...is it dried and then you soak it?
Thanks, Aubergine! He was supposed to call me at 2 today, and I still couldn't get hold of him by 3. Turns out he went out for coffee with someone from the 12-1pm meeting AND he's at a 6pm meeting right now. Crossing fingers for him. He's really trying.
Nori doesn't go bad, that I know of. It's dried. It looks like parchment, sort of-- the kind you write on, like onion skin, not the kind you cook with. You don't soak it. You have to read the package. There's two kinds, toasted and not toasted. If you get the not-toasted, you have to gently hold it over a flame (or stove) until it turns bright green, then it's ready to use. I know...weird stuff.

ETA: Oh yeah, you do get one end damp. You lay it on the mat on the end closest to you, then spread sticky rice on the whole thing in a THIN layer, all except the last, oh, two inches farthest from you. Then you lay a bit of your fillings at the end towards you, dampen the two empty inches on the far side, and roll up. The dampening is to allow the end part to stick to the rolled-up part. Then I use the mat to "seal" the rolling. Maybe there's a YouTube video showing how? I'm not very good at describing with only words

OK, speaking of weird...I was at the Asian grocery today to get sushi rice, and I love to look around those places...there was a sweet of some sort--and the rub is, it didn't look unpalatable-- that said, proudly on the front of the package, as one of the ingredients (in fancy writing, yet): Gelatinous Mutant Coconut .....say WHAT? :Puke

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 PM
gun

Aeress - I am sorry for your loss.

wombatclay - congrats on the addition! Hope you mouth is feeling a smidge better now.
femme_rouge - hope the move goes smooth!

[QUOTE=_ktg_ - you remembered right! And I will be thinking of your sis. Hope she can hold out for just a bit longer! Poor thing.

unschoolinmom - nice design and sorry to hear about the test results. That is kind of scary. You aren't alone.

Wolfcat - how did the appt go?

witchygrrl - good luck tomorrow on your interview!

saphire - sorry about your loss. It is so nice to be around a whistler.

We close on the house next week! FINALLY! Darn bank is dragging it's feet. Been trying to check out the schools in the are of the new house. I spoke w/ the Montessori director and she didn't know what 'secular' meant. Since she is renting space for the school from nuns, you would think she might know. Is this stupid of me to let it trouble me? Anyhow, I would love to send her to the Waldorf school, but $5K is really high for me. I will miss it though.

We have been outside for most of the today and are loving the slight warm up.

Have a wonderful night everyone!

Peace- Heather
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 PM

Yay for the house, gun!

Maia--I hope he finds a sponsor soon. Healing from severe trauma and addiction is a tough road. But I feel sure he will find a way.

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post

We close on the house next week! FINALLY! Darn bank is dragging it's feet. Been trying to check out the schools in the are of the new house. I spoke w/ the Montessori director and she didn't know what 'secular' meant. Since she is renting space for the school from nuns, you would think she might know. Is this stupid of me to let it trouble me? Anyhow, I would love to send her to the Waldorf school, but $5K is really high for me. I will miss it though.

We have been outside for most of the today and are loving the slight warm up.

Have a wonderful night everyone!

Yay for the house!! Have a good night.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Clay, yikes! I hope all goes well.

No dental trauma here, but rather an allergic reaction. I was recommended to try AmLactin for my "chicken skin" on my arms. I followed directions for a few days, but had to stop when both my arms became a sea of red itchiness. I think I preferred the chicken skin. I stopped Saturday, now it's Tuesday, and it's still awful. Ugh.

Anyway, interview's tomorrow--wish me luck!
good luck! for the chicken skin, that can be a food or thyroid deficiency. I'm totally drawing a blank on what it was for sure though -- I know my homeopath/certified nutritionalist had me on something (might just be fish oil) and it _all_ went away. the rough elbows, chicken skin arms, all of it are gone and have been for months. I can remember it since about 6th grade and finally it's gone in the last year or so (and I'm 41). it's so nice not to have rough bumpy arms. I'll see if I can find out which thing it was.

Aeress, I too am so sorry for your loss.

Clay, glad the tooth went reasonably well.

gun, glad the house is coming so close!

sorry I'm not good at remembering all of everything. good heath wishes to all those in need!

I'm spending the week at my folks house, still trying to help my Mom wade through all the cleaning and sorting of my Dad's stuff, it's been three months since he died. Survived the 4 hour drive with 2 kids, and have had a good evening so far with my Mom and Sis playing with the boys (that's therapeutic for both of them -- they get too busy to miss Dad, and a break for me). Time to head to the hotel and bed them down though.

-debbie )O( wife to J., mom to P. (12/21), L. (4/30)

Old 03-24-2010, 10:25 AM

Einhorn, I do have hypothyroidism, which I'm on meds for, and am trying to support through my diet. But I'd be interested to see what you did. I haven't figured it all out yet.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 AM

Heather/gun- Woot! I'm so glad you are closing soon!

Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 AM

Good morning mamas.

Snowing here this morning

Clay, glad to hear the appointment went well, tooth pain is the worst.
Gun, good news on the house
witchygrrl, how was the interview?
Maia, thinking about M, hope all is well.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did sorry

Today I think I will finish some cleaning, a few loads of wash and take Seti to the vet this afternoon. I hope everyone has a good day

Cari, how is everyone doing in your house?
Mary, I haven't seen you in a while, how are you?

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Voljerada --- I wouldn't worry, sounds like a step up from the Chicken Dance.

Two more sleeps until my daughter leaves on a two-week vacation with her best friend and her parents to Hawaii. A great opportunity for her, one that I'm grateful for and that our family could never possibly give her right now on our own. But hard on a mommy who has never had her out of her sight for longer than 36 hours in the 12 years since she was born! And yeah, I know that is the best argument for letting her go. She's ready to grow up a little. I have to let her.

I've been working on a going-away gift for her to wear, a necklace made mostly of red coral and obsidian, as well as family birthstones, because she requested something red. I googled the significance of red coral after I already had the beads and found that it makes a great amulet of protection for a child, and protects against shipwreck, pirates, natural disasters, and all problems to do with travel. That about covers it I have restrung this thing about 10 times so far, making fiddly changes. I just have to finish it and be done, but that means she's really leaving, I think.

Dh is away so I'll be on my own with 3 and 6 year old ds's and, of course, the home daycare one-year-olds. It'll be an adventure! I hope to grow closer to the boys....

Besides paganish books already mentioned, I like the Jack Zipes edition of Grimm and the Audrey Woods edition of The Root Children. Love the wild painterly illustrations in that one.
I bet dd will have such a fun time and will be reassured if she gets even the littlest bit nervous, she can rub her necklace and know you are watching over her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Oh, man I'm so sorry to hear that, Aeress. Prayers and blessings and healing for you and for the family.

It's not that hard. It takes a bit of practice-- kind of like rolling....well, other things that one rolls in one's youth, only way bigger I kind of roll them up first, on the mat, then use the mat more as a...hmm, how do I describe? More like an extra insurance to make sure the roll is tight. I just roll it back and forth a bit in the mat.
Freeze nori? I don't know. Why would you want to? It keeps forever just in the package. I am picking up some sushi rice today, and I'll make them tomorrow

Well, being that it is tomorrow, how did it go? I hope smoothly!

Are you ok?

YAY Clay! Finally, huh? I bet you are feeling so relieved, and like it's finally moving forward.

Wow. Good luck! M hasn't heard back yet about his possible job. I'm really hoping he gets his, too!
I thought about being an art teacher, way back when.

Energy for your sister. Baby sticking vibes, too.

I have seen that image before. I think it's so HOT! As in sultry, sexy, makes me feel like...well, it's just hot. What a tat that would make!
I still have 3 coming to me. You who have been on this list for awhile know about that. Now that DS is completely and forever weaned, I can get the baby hand, at some point. I just don't have the money for any right now I also want a Maiasaura but don't know where on my body, and I have to find the right image for that one. Plus M and I still want matching tats, but have to find the Right Image. We haven't figured that out yet either.

In the library in the kids' section with folk and fairy tales, I have discovered some really amazing books lately. They're more for older kids, I'd say, cause many of them aren't illustrated, but in our library they also mix in the shorter, illustrated ones. HTH!

I love Big Momma Makes The World. DS has never liked it, even when he was little, which totally bums me out
The Biltmore House has all those "color" Fairy books-- originals! We just went there again, the other day. Oh, on Ostara! It was so cool. But totally wiped me out for the whole day.

Ye Gods, Clay, ouch. I hope they can just put it back on. What a pain (no pun intended, really!). Keep us posted.

Yep, me too. I had Morphine, and when my hand swelled from that and I refused an IV in my other hand, they gave me Percoset. After a day of that, I asked for ibuprofen. And I did fine. I knew I really was in recovery for good when I didn't want to get high, even for free

M is so struggling with his addiction. He drank again last night He is tripling up on meetings today, so he says. I said go get a sponsor because if I continue in that role, you will hate me. He said he would. He has, I do believe (as does his dd and his counselor) VERY serious post-traumatic-stress from some utterly horrific, horrific experiences, and he really needs to get treated somehow for that. He unloaded like 2-1/2 hours of stuff on me last night that I just can't believe any human could survive. And he's kept it mostly bottled in for years and goes around convincing himself that he's fine. And when it has to unleash, he gets drunk hoping it'll go away. Only, of course, it just gets worse.
I wish I could heal him. And I know I can't. It's so damn heartbreaking.
Maia- I have been in a similar situation with a DF, the friend who I mentioned who lost his brother. I desperately want to "adopt" my friend and bring him to our home, let him know he is loved and has choices, but I just can't do it. We have talked, and talked and he is convinced that this is his life. I think it is great that M is willing and going through the bad stuff with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Hi all. After a crazy day yesterday, I have to go back to my OB and the leision they removed during the colposcopy was luckily low grade but in three months I'm back for a recheck

I'm sure it could have been worse though right?

I'm on my last two classes before graduation and I have the highest GPA of my group. I'm not walking so the speech will be going to the next highest.

Does anyone know ways to get my diaper business out to others? Any suggestions would be great
For your diaper business, I would attend local crunchy and baby events. We have an annual used clothes sale and you can be a vendor at that, plus I would get my card to the local libraries and any children's programs. Of course, someone talking you up, word of mouth is the best advertsier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Yikes Clay. I hope the repair goes well, and that you can take it easy the rest of the day.

Aeress, I am so sorry for your loss.

femme rouge- I hope the move went well

Sorry I'm not keeping up so well. I'm not spending very much time indoors, much less on the computer.

I think I am doing very well considering I will be attending my ex-step-mom's funeral tomorrow. Lots of good memories are surfacing, like how she whistled all the time, and her teaching me to drive.
*hugs* thinking of you and wishing you more happy memories to temper the sadness.

Quote:
Clay, yikes! I hope all goes well.

No dental trauma here, but rather an allergic reaction. I was recommended to try AmLactin for my "chicken skin" on my arms. I followed directions for a few days, but had to stop when both my arms became a sea of red itchiness. I think I preferred the chicken skin. I stopped Saturday, now it's Tuesday, and it's still awful. Ugh.

How did the interview go? How is your reaction today? Would warm tea bags help the redness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Home now... thanks for the well wishes! Aubergine, that must have been some wish! I feel like I've been kicked in the jaw, but things went really well. They were able to re-use the old cap and they didn't have to "excavate" the tooth or plan a rc. I've got a lot of swelling and pressure inside the cap now, and fitting/re-cementing the cap was painful, but other than ibuprofen for pain and swelling and an order to request abx if I start running a fever, I'm set. Oh, and a hydrogen peroxide rinse for today and tomorrow. Here's hoping I get another 10-12 years.

Oh, really funny. At some point in the last 12 years the dentist moved his office... into the space once used by my childhood dentist! Kinda interesting. I haven't been to a dentist since 2003, got this cap in 1998, and there I was walking into a dental office I last entered in what? 1980 maybe?

In other happy news, Tor's doing well... his stats are 20lbs 10oz, 29 inches. Yay for my little meatball!

I'm lighting candles for those facing physical and emotional pain. Big hugs and hopes for healing.
Aww, Tor is such cute and cuddly looking. I love that you are calling him your little meatball.
How are you feeling this morning? I can't imagine how much pain and anxiety you must have had.

Me stuff- well, the wake is Thursday- hubby is going with me and then he is taking off so I can go to the funeral. His friends made a memorial page for him and reading about the man he had become made me happy/sad all at the same time. He was the little annoying brother who was always around when we didn't want him to be. He once told me that his brother was mean, and I should date him. hehe. DJ would have been 14 when he said this to me- I was 18/19. hehe He will be greatly missed.
-Thanks for all your throughts

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Maia--I hope he finds a sponsor soon. Healing from severe trauma and addiction is a tough road. But I feel sure he will find a way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Maia, thinking about M, hope all is well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Maia- I have been in a similar situation with a DF, the friend who I mentioned who lost his brother. I desperately want to "adopt" my friend and bring him to our home, let him know he is loved and has choices, but I just can't do it. We have talked, and talked and he is convinced that this is his life. I think it is great that M is willing and going through the bad stuff with you.
Thanks all, for your kind thoughts.
M did get a sponsor! He's going to the noon "show" with him. I'm so happy. Not that that's any guarantee of permanent sobriety, but heck, as someone who's been through it (I have 15+ years sober) I know that willingness is THE KEY. And keep showing up and suiting up, and just. keep. at. it. He got right back on the horse the day after he drank, and he's keeping on keeping on. He keeps this up, I think he'll get it.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Aeress, wishing you strength for tomorrow's funeral.

Clay- so glad it sounds like it went well. I hope you are feeling good this morning.

gun- yay! on the house. Good luck for an easy move

diapers- craigslist is crazy popular- how about posting something there?

veggie sushi- I'll be making some later today or tomorrow. I make mine like maia described too. I buy my nori sheets already toasted, and kept sealed in a bag they keep on a shelf for a long time. I really like wasabi too.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 PM

I'm so out of the loop!

Trying to write a letter for the government... having a hard time finding the right wording...

Valérie   
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Good luck!!

Quote:
ugh. I seriously feel like I've been walloped!
Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Wolfcat - how did the appt go?

We close on the house next week!
The one on Friday? Lost 2 more pounds. The new guy? Haven't had a chance to call yet. My company's president is in town harassing everyone.

Congrats on the house.
I'm actually looking into a purchase here soon. We got 4 br for around $50k, so... woot!

Must find creamer for coffee...

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
diapers- craigslist is crazy popular- how about posting something there?
!
Drive by post....great idea .....try kijiji, too.

Also I believe there are diapering boards, local parenting/community forums would be good.....
Old 03-24-2010, 03:35 PM

gun, i've been thinking about you and the house! i'm so glad it's looking good! keeping my fingers crossed for you.

i'm still mostly under my rock, dealing with stuff... but thinking of all of you...

hugs & vibes to all
Old 03-24-2010, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!

It's finally not raining again so I need to head to my piercer and see if I've stretched the holes in my ears enough to go up a guage.

I'm having a great day thus far however!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 PM

The interview went well, I think, despite being exhausted. I had major insomnia, and felt like I was getting sick to boot. I feel a bit better now that I had a nap and some Motrin. My arms are still awful looking, but a bit better. What kind of tea bags? Black? Green? I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, it was nice that I was interbiewing with someone who sorta knows me. She's worked with my DH for 4 years, and actually just promoted him a few months ago to be the Art Director for the camp. So at least she likes HIM. But she's sweet and would be great to work with. But...there's 150 applicants for this job. I'm feeling lucky I made it to be interviewed the first time. Now I get to wait to see f I make it to the second round.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:36 PM

oh it feels so good outside!! shorts and a t-shirt!!

I rinsed out all my planters, and finally planted a rose bush from last year. It's in a large square container. once the bush is larger and the things is full of dirt I won't be able to move it myself. I pruned my other rose bushes a bit, they did a little leafing this winter, which was surprising. I hope they come back nicely. I gave them all a nice healthy watering too. lol

Pulled all the rocks out of my garden. I'm going to have to find a new place for them all. They're almost all larger than my hand, and very smooth. Maybe they'll go back to lining the walk way? As I said I haven't decided.

But now all I have to do is take apart the wooden pallet, build a box, take apart last years garden, and wait for things to be ready to transfer from starters to the garden.

It's a beautiful 72* out there right now. Amazing. I was sad to come in. But I haven't eaten enough in the last few days to keep me going. I need to wash some stuff and make dinner. I'm rapidly running out of energy lol.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 03-24-2010, 06:53 PM

Another drive-by posting, gotta get this necklace done for dd....

, many s aweyn. Thinking of you, nice to see you post. Please pm me if you want to chat about stuff.

Shorts and a t-shirt? Lucky! We are having a blizzard. Kids were out with snow paints this am. I was hoping for something like the yard in Cat in the Hat but even three preschoolers with colorful paint spray bottles can't put a dent in all that white.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 PM

unschoolin: diaperpin.com (.org?) was where i went to hunt down diaper info.

witchy: chamomile? calendula? both of those are healing. lavendar oil neat works well too. right now I'm using homeopathic calendula gel on a burn I got on the weekend, and it seems to be working better than anything else I'm used.

well, i had intended to start my seeds this past weekend but then i just ran out of steam. at least i managed to haul the supplies and figure out what was where and what i needed. so now i need potting soil. dh just needs to get the materials for the new raised bed - but he's got time to do that.

for all those nasty tooth problems, try homeopathic hypericum. it seems to help with pain where there are a lot of nerve endings. ds has lost 2 teeth and complains about the pain with them coming in. of course, i suppose it didn't help that i tossed a baseball at him and instead of getting to the bat he was holding, i nailed him (albeit gently) in the chin. bad mama.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 03-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Does anyone love nature and the wheel of the year, etc, but dislike all the connotations that goes with the pagan label?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Does anyone love nature and the wheel of the year, etc, but dislike all the connotations that goes with the pagan label?
absolutely!

i've never understood why the Easter bunny has anything at all to do with the Christian Easter - even when I was (or maybe, especially when I was) a Christian, I just didn't get that they were partnered together.

thinking of the wheel of the year, i'm planning out a wheel of the year wall hanging. inspired by some of the pagan craft books i picked up super cheap with a B&N gift card. will give book reviews later tonight.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

DUDE! we had snow today! lol crazy!
took the big kids to portland to the comic book store so they could load up on Dr Who comic books. lol the littles went with dh to the children's museum. i love days like this.

unschoolin': can't you advertise here on mothering for a small fee? like in your sig line?

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 03-24-2010, 10:19 PM

We had snow too! I'm so jealous of "out door" weather!

Thanks for the ongoing tooth wishes. Today things are basically back to normal, just a little sensitivity (and a lot of nervousness). Still taking the ibuprofen and using the mouth wash, but I bet I wont do it tomorrow.

Addition- well, it probably wont be livable till June or July, but yeah... it feels like it's moving along. huzzah! DH will be taking a little time off each week till it's done.

glad interviews went well!

Tuition- our Montessori school tuiotion is just a few dollars shy of 10K per year! There is no way I could afford it, let alone during those years when we'd have three in school. They only offer a 5% discount for siblings. Um.... no. Waldorf isn't much better at 7k/year. Private school here is crazy expensive. One reason we'll be homeschooling. Even the expensive enrollment programs seem cheap compared to our real world costs.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:48 PM

Today I headed to my tatoo/piercing shop and I'm a regular. I've been going since I was 18 and I often hang out there when I need some "me" time.

The coolest thing I got to do today? I got to do a whole tattoo! I'm slowly being mentored by the man who did my first tattoo!

I have to go back tomorrow to check out my ears and tongue to see if gauging is possible.

When dh gets his next check, I'll pay for the business subscription so I can put my etsy store in my signature. I'd really appreciate though if anyone mentioned it to their friends

Old 03-24-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Not that that's any guarantee of permanent sobriety, but heck, as someone who's been through it (I have 15+ years sober) I know that willingness is THE KEY.
What's that saying.. the journey of 1000miles begins with the first step? Every recovering addict alive, started out on day one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i'm still mostly under my rock, dealing with stuff... but thinking of all of you...

hugs & vibes to all
Room under that rock? Geez I'm a bit stressed out!!

And I'm having.. issues... with my 17yo. He appears to be avoiding and not talking to me Bloody teenage angst! lol But seriously.. it makes me sad that we had so long where there was interference in being able to communicate with him... and now that that's gone away, he crawls in a hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Well, I dislike the more laughable image of some of the more visible pagans out there... but other than that, I don't mind the pagan label at all, if I have to have one

Quote:
Addition- well, it probably wont be livable till June or July, but yeah... it feels like it's moving along. huzzah! DH will be taking a little time off each week till it's done.
Hey it's a start! If it's enclosed it makes it feel much more 'real' and you feel the progress so much more I think.

Just a brief fly by out of me today really... it's 1135am and I feel like I have done NOTHING I paid all the bills and handled a few phone errands and did a bit of laundry. But it doesn't feel at all productive. We have to go out & get new tyres (goofy aussie spelling hehe) for the car this afternoon so I best get a few things accomplished before then! Tomorrow is our dream world trip and I'll be organizing our gear tonight, and tomorrow we leave early, and will surely not be home till LATE. So I'll see you mamas on the weekend!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 03-25-2010, 12:21 AM

pagan craft books:

Magical NEedlework. Dorothy Morrison.
Didn't like this one the first time I perused it but she's got some great basic ideas for meditation quilts and wallhangings. It's a little too ritualistic for my liking, so I'll end up ignoring a lot of that content. However, she's got projects for quilting, embroidery, crochet and knitting. Her quilt ideas actually got me thinking about a wheel of the year quilted wall hanging.

The Crafty Witch. Willow Polson.
Covers a broad sort of crafting media - needlwork, yarn, fabric, beads, glass, metal, wood, paper, and leather. Some of the projects are clearly parts of something that would be bigger - only she never gives ideas for the bigger project.

Magical Fabric Art. Sandra McCraw Scarpa.
Another one that is ritualistic and crafty. This one is focused exclusively on quilting, more in the crazy quilt style. This one is even more of the kind of book that has ideas and samples but not clear instructions. However, this one more so even than Morrison's book really got me thinking about the possibility of a WOTY wall hanging.

Sabbat Entertaining. Willow Polson.
This one is more broad than just crafts though it does have substantial crafts in it, focused specifically on the sabbats. She also has counted cross-stitch patterns for each sabbat.

So... I'm thinking that my WOTY quilt will be a combination of cross stitched squares for each sabbat, with coordinating log cabin patches surrounding it, all arranged in a grid, with something in the center - probably an 8-pointed patchwork star or maybe Polson's "WOTY" cross-stitch. I have to temper the use of the cross-stitch though because I really really don't like counted cross-stitch. I'm still trying to figure out what is going to be on the main square in each panel and how I'm going to create it - applique? ribbon embroidery with some cross-stitch? Decisions! Decisions!

User Tag List