March Pagan circle... spring is coming! - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#631 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gem math sounds fun- think I will suggest that to the kids today.

I need candles- nice tapers, not found at walmart, for my altar. I am thinking nice lemony yellow to spruce things up, bring warmth and sun into the house.

The sickly kids are mending, so I think we shall get outside for a bit today.

Sunshine- what an outrageous bill. Hope it gets straightened out!

Valerie- You know, all this negativity, for me, seems to be outside of my family- in the state, in the county, in the country- just out in the universe. In some ways, I feel insulated by it because I can retreat inward but then, I want to stay involved in my community, so all the crap comes flinging back. Rescue rememdy and herbs have helped a lot the last two days but man, for awhile I was ready to run away. Nothing was changing the feeling of being beaten down. *hugs* to you my dear! Our local herb store now has an infa-red bed- I am mega curious about it. Maybe, some healing work or a massage could help.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#632 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 AM

The power of 3's showed up in an early childhood newsletter this morning (cool)

"The device, known as the tricolon, is among a number of rhetorical secrets first identified by the speakers of the ancient world, classical orators such as Cicero, Demosthenes, and Socrates.... Its magic lies in its efficiency: a third word gives confirmation and completes a point..."

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#633 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I brought some garden herbs indoors to overwinter and the only ones that survived were lemon balm, mint and oregano. A couple weeks back, as the equinox approached, I got a ton of sprouts in the oregano pot. They turned out to be borage -- a lovely gift, because that's one herb/green that you can't buy or preserve worth trying. I think it was the equalizing of the day and night that got them sprouting.

I am enjoying nibbles of sweet, juicy, slightly prickly borage leaves. I bet they would make an awesome green smoothie!

Thanks for the link, aweyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Picked up a beautiful windchime with a lovely gem hanging from the bottom. Picked up some spring faeries figurines and now they sit on the altar!

The kids worked on hard mathematic with colored gems, bowls, and the dry erase board. Just a beautiful day, despite the gray, cold rain
Sometimes Spring is what you make it. I have cleared away all of the winter seasonal stuff, and put up a bunch of flower fairies my dd made, and a little wooden figure of a crow, for some reason. Still have to take down some lights we put up through the fall and winter darkness.

My youngest LOVES gems and pretty stones of all kinds. His treasures aren't toys, but a blue agate on a keychain and a bit of sparkly pyrite....

Glad you had a great day with the kids. I love watching kids learn.

So, how many of us are ordinarily vegetarians, now?

I aspire to eat fewer animal products, and ethically/organically raised ones.
TF makes a lot of sense to me. So does eating lots of fish, but that doesn't seem natural where I live, thousands of km away from any ocean.

I serve a lot of beans/nuts/seeds to the children in my life. Ime, not many tots are meat eaters.

I've tried a vegan diet, but in the long run, didn't feel healthy on it.

Funny about the meat cravings during pg. When I was pg, I mostly went off meat, if I remember correctly. With my dd, I craved hummus and cheese quesadillas with lots of salsa. Also beets and salmon, neither of which I really ate when not pg. With my second, a boy, I ate orange things -- oranges, of course, carrots, squash, yams, sweet potatoes, orange cheese, and (ugh) cheese doodles and creamsikles . My youngest -- I don' t remember. I was actually depressed for the first half of that (unplanned) pregnancy and don't remember a lot of it

Have a great party, Sunshine. An asymptomatic red tent time -- I wish! Lucky you! I'm tapering off of mine. I think I'll be approaching ovulation on the next new moon -- a good point in the cycle for treasure mapping, I think!

Hugs, Valérie! Fire to burn the hard feelings, shelter from the drama, and joy in the spring....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
The power of 3's showed up in an early childhood newsletter this morning (cool)
Love it!

Up late waiting for my dd's phone call. She's having a great time
#634 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 11:23 AM

Morning,

I got a little moon time this morning DP knew I'd been on the look out, so he woke me up at 5:30 to show that she was setting outside my bedroom window. I love that he knew to wake me for this. It's my first moon viewing in our new place. Seeing her and where she sets in relation to the house was wonderfully grounding. I can be here now.

Hmmm... pregnant cravings. Meat was mostly unappealing to me. I'd been eating meat for about a year, and before that hadn't had meat for about 10 years. Then for some reason pg=no appetite for meat. FWIW, I have 1 DS and 1 DD. I eat meat now. With the first pregnancy, I didn't have an appetite. By the 3rd month, I was down 15 lbs. Then one day a co-worker put a bag of Lay's potato chips in a pull and shook Tapatio sauce all over them. I think I stole the whole bowl. lol Silly pregnant lady. Then later I realised I would gladly eat anything smothered in enchilada sauce. What a funny time.

mamaofthree- I want to hear that link, but have to wait for DS to get up.

Sunshine- Holy Moly! So, the bill's a mistake? I have a hard time with cakes too but for me, I always have.. I need to consult my cake master sister.

unschoolin-Love those scores from the $ store. Think I may be heading there today. It just occurred to me, I haven't set up an altar in the house yet!? Well, now that I think about it, the first thing I did was set up one really. There's a corner shelf, and the first thing put into the house was a special painting, a statue of a woman and man kissing, a pottery ritual rattle and a ceramic hand labyrinth. Funny that I didn't even think about as an "altar" but it is. Think I'll set intention into it today for springtime and add a few bits to round it out.

Clay- Love your etsy site. Your work and the descriptions are beautiful.

Aweyn-Root bound. What a great analogy. Hope you sink those roots into the soil very very soon. ((hugs)) So excited that you may be coming this way! We'll have to chat more about that.

Aubergine-Thanks for the smiles about my cute little guy. I enjoy him so much! Just to clarify, I'm not necessarily happier here. It's just temporary while our house is having some major work done. We'll be here 2-3 months probably. To be honest it's been stressfull and I'm not too happy about it but I'm really trying my best to be as positive as possible because really...it just IS and there's nothing I can do about it. It's especially hard because it's garden time for me and I'm 20 minutes away from by raised beds. That won't stop me though. Next week is spring break, and the family's going to spend a lot of time there to plant some seeds for our return. BTW, I just love reading about your dreams and your thoughts on them.

Valerie-

Well mamas, once again I'm out of time and need to get these kiddos on the road. Sending thoughts of grounding during this spinny, twirly, whirly time.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#635 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 AM

Before I forget again, Mamaofthree, I *loved* that link. THanks so much!
#636 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 01:19 PM

Yeah, that was a pretty cool link. I want to show it to ds when he gets home from school.
I told him we'd maybe go bike riding today. It's sunny and supposed to get to 70, but is probably in the 50s. I don't know if it's going to get that warm. I don't really feel like bike riding at all How in the world will I get out of it? I can't, if he remembers...sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Was a good day today other than opening up the utility bill to the tune of $1500!! Called them and that's getting straightened out, but wow!

Yikes! Glad you got it straightened out! I'da had a heart attack, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
i even had a bumper sticker that said something like meat is murder as i pull into burger king so i could eat cow. lol

That is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I think I'm too negative to find comfort in the texts I've read about the Full Moon... I only see the negative and feel worst.

I'm trying to shelter myself from drama but then my retreating become the source of more drama... Snow ball... and it's ugly.

Oh well... lighting a candle to burn those hard feelings, strong emotion, flaring drama...
to you, Valerie. Hope it's over soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
So, how many of us are ordinarily vegetarians, now?

I aspire to eat fewer animal products, and ethically/organically raised ones.
TF makes a lot of sense to me. So does eating lots of fish, but that doesn't seem natural where I live, thousands of km away from any ocean.
I kwym about fish-- I got so spoiled living by the ocean, and now we're miles inland. There's a guy who comes to one of the local tailgate markets in the summer, with fresh (<24hrs) fish from the coast. It's YUM...but pretty pricey, considering he does all the fishing, then the 8-hour drive both directions to sell it here. It's a huge treat when we can afford it.
We do eat meat. Plenty of it, really. We were veg a couple years back, but when ds turned 4 he wanted meat and I had been thinking of becoming omni again, so there you have it.

Have a great day, all.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#637 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

i found this blog... and this project is so cool, so i thought i would share. who knew chia was a super food. lol could have been eating those pets for years! haha
http://childhoodmagic.blogspot.com/2...ry-garden.html
we are going to start it tomorrow. it should be fun.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#638 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
OMG...
We let an employee go yesterday. She is now threatening to contact OSHA, the FDA, and a lawyer (for age discrimination - she's not even the oldest person here). She went to coffee with my mother and told her she was going to do whatever she could to get us all fired... then she said she was going after MY job, too... cuz all I do is play on the computer all day...

Frickin humans... she's gonna get herself in trouble with all the crap she's throwing around, cuz none of it is more that 2% truth...

Okay, I'ma stop "playing on the computer" and go to lunch... maybe I'll make it an extra long lunch hour...

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#639 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 03:25 PM

val, huge hugs. really, though, that article i linked to-- I'm Going to Call it a Must Read if you're into astro at all, and ESPECIALLY if you are TMing. especially anyone processing stuff from last map and getting ready for new map, and especially anyone feeling really beat up by stuff lately, and especially anyone who cant see the light at the end, and anyone anxious about what the summer has in store......... really. i'd go link it in the TM thread, but i think that's not cool, as that's tracy's thread. but really. go read it. well, print it if you can, because it is DENSE.
here's the link again.
#640 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 04:27 PM

awyen - I'm going to print it as it was my second read and I still don't think i'm getting it all .. dense is the right word for it, but like a flourless chocolate cake dense. Great article though, and I'm going to put it up with Tracy's to see if I get more "AHA!" moments.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#641 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
i even had a bumper sticker that said something like meat is murder as i pull into burger king so i could eat cow. lol
Oh. My. Goodness. At least my car was statement free during those days! Let's see... DD1 was all about ground beef and tater tots. DD2 was lime popsicles and strawberry smoothies. DS was chocolate shakes and those lime popsicles again. But the morning sickness was /harsh/ with DS... not as bad as with DD1, but longer and more consistant. I could barely function for the first trimester.

Tor is crawling! He has been a low down roller derby babe for a while now with a ground covering log roll technique but today he started crawling! It's more of an inchworm approach, but it's a straight line, goal oriented, speedy technique so I guess it counts. He also sat, all on his own, playing with a half dozen toys for about 40-50 minutes so that's another milestone.

I found a stable that will do a "meet the horses and have a pony ride" for dd1's birthday (she turns 5 next week). If she enjoys it we'll sign her up for lessons there (a lot of DH's horse people suggested this stable). June is our last month of preschool tuition before homeschooling and single month of preschool here costs more than most curriculum so we'll have some room in the budget to give her riding lessons if that is something she'd enjoy. I guess we'll see... she is really focused on horses, but she doesn't actually know any up close and personal so I don't know if the obsession will last into reality.

It snowed all day yesterday, today it's in the 50s, and Friday is supposed to be in the 80s! The 80s! It's wild.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#642 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 07:50 PM

Yeah, it's supposed to be in the 80s here, too. Insane! We'll be on the road to my mom's, though, so at least I'll have a/c Anything over like 75 is way too hot for me, especially this time of year.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#643 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 10:22 PM

What an absolutely perfect day! The egg hunt ended up with 428 eggs and 15 kids, so each kid got a decent amount. The weather was BEAUTIFUL, all the kids were extremely, uncommonly well behaved and got along fantastically! Everyone had a wonderful time, even the oft surly 10 yr old boy. After all but the immediate neighbors had left, the kids broke out water guns and water balloons and played all evening (with no attitude or altercations!). One of the best "spring break" days I can recall. I even got my hammock out! Course I spoiled it by slipping and whacking my elbow to where now my entire arm is throbbing and in pain after 3 ibuprofin, but it was great for the kids, and that's the main thing!

Unfortunately the amount on the utility bill was not an error. They had us on a flat rate plan. I knew it would go up - we were paying $165 when the actual bill was always over $200, around $300 in winter. While I was sick I forgot to pay that bill and it cancelled the payment plan and made it all due plus the next bill as well. But rather than pay it all at once, we can pay an amount of it next week, then tack on $54 a month until it's caught up, so it's not as painful as it could have been!

Little bit of tension between DH and I right now. It's odd because that so rarely happens. It'll get worked out, nothing huge or anything, but I'm still peeved. Right now though it doesn't matter because it was still a wonderful day!
#644 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

i was listening to NPR this evening and hear this great story:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=125386822
it was on Fresh Air. what i loved most about it was the authors comment about what that sabbath is for..."For one day a week, you let the world be as it is," she says. "And you be in it, and try not to dominate it."
that sounds so good, to take a day and be in this world, with in this moment, with in this day and not try and be in control of it all.

next month (april) No Impact Man is having another no impact week thing, and i was thinking that during the energy thing, that although i won't turn off everything, maybe we would have the computer off and leave the lights out for a few days. i don't know. i feel that "we" just never take a real moment.
someone in the HS group posted a link to an article about how great it is for kids to spend lots of time on the computer. i just feel like that isn't true. that what we need is more time outside, more time also with in the moment, more time being free of this modern life and try and have simpler moments.
anyway... maybe to much deep thinking. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#645 of 649 Old 03-31-2010, 11:46 PM

Hi!

I'm feeling a little bit better.

I've chatted with an astro friend and she pointed some things in my chart that explain a lot about how I feel lately.

I'm also about to leave my extended stay in the Red tent (10 days each months... too long )

Valérie   
#646 of 649 Old 04-01-2010, 02:12 AM

Brain, Child just had an article on indoor vs outdoor stuff. I wonder if that was the article they were talking about?

I am sooooo sick. I mean, sick sick. Hence posting at whatever ungodly hour this is so that I'm close to the bathroom. Ugh. I am not catching a win here.

See you all in the "healthy thread"!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#647 of 649 Old 04-01-2010, 09:54 AM

Clay- Oh man, sick again? *hugs* Hang in there!

Sun, sun, and warming yellow sun! Spent time with the stars last night. I always call out, "hey there gorgeous, nice to see you."

Not much to report- lots to do today, but honestly, I want to scrap everything and just spend all day outside. Because we didn't get to do eggs on Ostara, we will do them tonight/tomorrow depending on what the kids are doing.

Hope everyone has a happy, sunny day! Health and healing to all!

#648 of 649 Old 04-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Clay, HUGE hugs and lots of peppermint tea and rest. Hope you feel better, mama

Walked the dogs today (did I tell y'all I got a "job" walking someone's dogs 2 days a week?). Off to my usual AA meeting in a few mins, then home to pack for my mom's. We're off to her house for Easter weekend, and to meet her boyfriend, who is also coming down to stay. Man...I really hope she has soundproof walls

Mom's bf is taking us all out to a posh seafood restaurant for Easter dinner. This is AT the beach, so it's all uber-fresh. Slurp!

We're doing an egg hunt for ds at her house, and going to her church (Episcopalian) for Easter Sunday. They're having a hunt there, too, but ds doesn't want to participate.
Then going back to the beach I lived at for 14 years, to say hi to a friend I haven't seen in quite a while. Then coming home Tuesday, while ds has the rest of the week off.

#649 of 649 Old 04-01-2010, 05:02 PM

Back to reply to a couple things from this thread and to post a link to the new April thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
i feel that "we" just never take a real moment.
someone in the HS group posted a link to an article about how great it is for kids to spend lots of time on the computer. i just feel like that isn't true. that what we need is more time outside, more time also with in the moment, more time being free of this modern life and try and have simpler moments.
anyway... maybe to much deep thinking. lol

h
Love this post, and your posts in general, mamaofthree. Enjoyed the quote about the sabbath, totally agree with your statement here, and am thinking about doing some low-energy-use living for Earth Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Hi!

I'm feeling a little bit better.

I've chatted with an astro friend and she pointed some things in my chart that explain a lot about how I feel lately.

I'm also about to leave my extended stay in the Red tent (10 days each months... too long )
Glad you're feeling better! Agreed -- 10 days is too long -- me too Got me looking forward to the crone years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
awyen - I'm going to print it as it was my second read and I still don't think i'm getting it all .. dense is the right word for it, but like a flourless chocolate cake dense. Great article though, and I'm going to put it up with Tracy's to see if I get more "AHA!" moments.
This made me because I found myself taking notes to keep it straight, myself. Flourless chocolate cake is pretty darn dense! I can definitely work within the message of the article. I see why you are posting about it, aweyn.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page