March Pagan circle... spring is coming! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  17  ... Last
Spirituality > March Pagan circle... spring is coming!
CariOfOz's Avatar CariOfOz 12:06 PM 03-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
Something is really wrong with me - I love talking about this stuff. Don't even get me going on poop. I love getting kids in front of a pile of poop and getting all CSI on it. I get them to dissect it, tell me what the animal ate, when he/she pooped, how big the animal is etc. I guess I'm actually a 6 year old boy.
LMAO Oh much
Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
Hi everyone! Remember me?

I haven't been on much at all in ages and ages. My little girl is 21 months now! My hubbie and I seperated 2 weeks ago, we are still friends, but he needs to get some stuff sorted. Although i doubt we will live together again, i live with my mum now, and have been so much happier. I also started uni on tuesday.

Much love, just wanted to see how everyone was going
Welcome back Batty... sorry to hear of your separation, but glad you're happier on the path you're on! It's been a little while hasn't it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelove View Post
So my question is this: Does it bother any of you that society uses the word "myth" to mean something that is not true, something that has no value in it at all.

I'm not saying that I believe every single word in any Mythology is truth in the sense that it actually happened just the way the story says. But real Myth/Story has such a power behind it and powerful lessons for life. To me, there is still Truth there, in an even bigger sense of the word.

I don't know if I'm explaining what I'm trying to say very well. But it just bothers me that people use that word everyday to mean something that isn't true and holds no worth. It feels like a HUGE smack to all Story in general to me, a smack to all indigenous and mythological cultures and humanity.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now. Just wanted to put that out there and see if anyone agrees.
I don't think I have the same gripe about it you do, but not far from it I hate the way the religious histories of NON Christian people are referred to as 'mythology' whereas anytime Christian stories that are just too outlandish to possibly be real (I mean Jonas and the whale? riiight) are treated as if they were fact carved in stone, or are treated as 'unassailable' because they ARE Christian.

IMO, the stories of all faiths are Mythology, but I see mythology as something of huge worth. Indigenous cultures will ALWAYS be treated as less, and their beliefs mocked for being primitive. But.. um... Christian mythology is no more fact or important than the Australian aboriginee beliefs in the Wandjina (water spirits) that rule this land, or the Rainbow serpent. Yet for some reason, Christian mythology is seen as more valid. A virgin birth and a guy that ascended physically into the heavens...? Who's to say there wasn't a Rainbow serpent if it's ok to believe in that? lol

SunshineJ's Avatar SunshineJ 01:41 PM 03-06-2010
Morning ladies!

Mythology. I've always felt there was some truth to every myth if only a lesson or what have you. A friend of mine was telling me about the Percy Jones (or whatever it's called) movie coming out, and how she was going to allow her son to see it with his class even though of course they had to discuss how the Greek gods weren't real, never existed, etc. LOL that's when I let her know that we're Asatru and what god's we follow. But I think it's too easy to dismiss what another person believes in and look at it with derision, and that stance seems to be encouraged by the Christian faith.

Well, I feel totally sandbagged! I had met with D to talk about the things I would like to see done this year, etc. Her DH was there, and 3 others from the circle group showed up (I really have no idea why, but all are always welcome so ok). SO we all talked about it and you could feel the positive energy just flying around the room. I had to leave to get the house clean for my MIL's visit. Last night D pulled me aside and told me that as soon as I walked out that door the 3 did a total flipped and basically cornered her and let her have it about how she needs to let go and let the organization die. Looking at the personalities I can see where each is coming from - one is very young and young for his age, and since he was head of the organization once, he's of the mind if HE can't lead it then he doesn't want it to do anything (he also dropped his membership and can't run for Chair this time). Another one simply doesn't think the organization is needed any longer. It's nothing deeper than that. The third one apparently has gotten his knickers in a twist because I want to do the Natural Resource Center (temp. working title). In fact, he's been throwing up a lot of imaginary roadblocks at me about it and trying to get me to plan it out for 5-7 years instead of 3. Turns out, he's planning on getting some land and cresting a druid's area. However, it's going to be private and closed, and totally different than the NRC, but I guess it's because I may do mine first? Seriously, this isn't a competition! Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy but he does get headstrong and "my way or nothing" at times. D on the other hand is excited as she's wanted to do something similar and keeps getting shot down by everyone else. Sooo, that was a bit unexpected. The organization has decided to go dormant for 6 months and restructure which I think is a mistake, but it's not my decision. So it looks like I have a lot of event organizing to do on my own. Sigh. But that's ok! It'll still work!

Well we missed the first performance today. We overslept. But it's all good and we'll be sure to be at the later one today!

Other than that, mountains of laundry are a-calling my name! Have a great day ladies!
Aubergine68's Avatar Aubergine68 01:56 PM 03-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Coprolite!

Ok, it's not gross, but it is fun. People would probably have to look it up to see if they should be insulted.
Good one!

A friend's dh used to wear a shirt that says "Coprolite happens." I envied that shirt.

Hello, battymama! What are you studying at uni?

Peacelove, I share your understanding of how basic and important story/narrative/myth is, at all levels. I think there are a lot of ways in which I can see my own life as structured around this value. I've even been wondering if I am not literal enough with my kids (I think the 6 yr old is ready for far more science/facts than I make available for him atm.)

Honestly, while I know that there are people in the world who insist on dismissing myth as unimportant or who insist on myths of some religion(s) being literally true and those of other religions/cultures being meaningless, or even evil, fabrications, I never seem to run into those people. Or I'm so good at talking about the weather that I never provoke them? Or they see at a glance how kooky I am and leave me alone?

I guess I seem to have made a bubble for myself online and irl that keeps me separated from uncongenial people who don't respect the beliefs of others?
DaughterOfKali's Avatar DaughterOfKali 04:25 PM 03-06-2010
Goodness, it's lovely in the sun today. I sat outside for about 10 minutes chatting with a neighbor. The sun felt sooo good on my face. I burn easily though so my face is now red.

Although it's nice in the sun, it's still a little chilly in the shade. So, I don't think I'm going to go for hike or anything.

Oh! Lands End is having a clearance sale! Some things are 70% off! I got a lightweight down coat/jacket for Roo for $13! Perfect for this in between weather.
redveg's Avatar redveg 04:54 PM 03-06-2010
Afternoon mamas It is so beautiful today. Sun is out, snow is melting and a few windows are open. It is 55 today and feels like summer Today was my 3rd day walking. I surprised myself by getting up and doing it alone, pretty amazing for me who always needs a push.
redveg's Avatar redveg 05:20 PM 03-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I guess I should never say never, but I'm feeling really resistant to the idea of participating in or belonging to a coven or larger organization with any hierarchy whatsoever. I'm also, and this surprises me a little, feeling resistant to any Pagan paths that involve men in positions of leadership. Or even ones that involve positions of leadership. Or even ones that involve men.

I guess I feel that Paganism for me is the "unschooling" of religion, and I don't want structure. I guess I'm de-churching , and from Catholicism, too -- had enough of hierarchies and men in charge, there..
I agree with a lot of this. I don't mind if men are involved but do have issue with any type of structure mostly because of all the political/backbiting that can and sometimes does go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post

Something is really wrong with me - I love talking about this stuff. Don't even get me going on poop.
My family too can really have some great conversations based on poop. Sometimes I forget and share too much with people who wish I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelove View Post

So my question is this: Does it bother any of you that society uses the word "myth" to mean something that is not true, something that has no value in it at all.
It does bother me when people dismiss what other believe just because they don't. As far as myth goes, I think there is some truth, or it started out with some truth. I don't believe everything, but I would never dismiss what another believed. Since I started letting my family and friends know about my beliefs I have been having a difficult time keeping my mouth shut. I find most Christian people I know to be very rude, insulting just plain nasty about religion. If you don't see it their way, forget about it. I have built up this instant negative attitude about Christians. I am trying very hard to change that about myself.

Quote:
Hi, glad to hear from you Sorry to hear about the split but glad to know you are in a good place

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Well, I feel totally sandbagged!
Stinks. I wish people could be happy and supportive of others.
SunshineJ's Avatar SunshineJ 06:00 PM 03-06-2010
Welllll we didn't make it to the second performance today. I was SURE I had washed her socks, but apparently I dreamed it because they were in the dirty pile. I would have put them on her and still gone, but they were *obviously* dirty and you don't dare show up for a performance with dirty socks. I need to get a 2nd pair, but at $11 a pair it hasn't been high priority!

Red I hear you on the needing a push and walking! I walked to pick up the kids from school yesterday (took the dog, had their scooters folded up and on a strap over my shoulder, so I did it with weights even LOL!). I think I about wore out our poor old dog! But it's .9 miles each way, and so walking almost 2 miles a day should be a good way to start getting back into shape from complete inactivity without completely overdoing things. Surprisingly I feel good today with my shoulders just slighty achey!
redveg's Avatar redveg 10:43 AM 03-07-2010
Morning

It is going to be another beautiful day here. Any plans for today?

We did all of our running around yesterday so today is a day to stick close to home.

SunshineJ, I am so sore today, but it's a good thing lets me know something is going on. This walking might just pay off. I have a lot to go, need to really get back in shape. It was so easy to not do anything, not to exercise and just plain eat way too much. I am motivated though. I don't want to turn 45 and be in the shape I am in, carrying all this extra weight around. I take my dog for the walks with me too. This is our year to do it!
DaughterOfKali's Avatar DaughterOfKali 11:22 AM 03-07-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning

We are going to chill out today. Grocery store, then walk to the playground.
Aeress's Avatar Aeress 01:30 PM 03-07-2010
Well, so much for staying healthy. I caught a mild version of what Bella had. So far my stomach hurts a lot and I am exhausted. I woke up at 7:30 and took a nap at 9. Thankful it is Sunday so hubby can watch the kids while I rest on and off.

Probably won't be able to catch up. Have a good day everyone!
SunshineJ's Avatar SunshineJ 03:01 PM 03-07-2010
Aeress, feel better!

Quote:
Morning

We did all of our running around yesterday so today is a day to stick close to home.

SunshineJ, I am so sore today, but it's a good thing lets me know something is going on. This walking might just pay off. I have a lot to go, need to really get back in shape. It was so easy to not do anything, not to exercise and just plain eat way too much. I am motivated though. I don't want to turn 45 and be in the shape I am in, carrying all this extra weight around. I take my dog for the walks with me too. This is our year to do it!
LOL and I talked too soon - I'm definitely feeling it today! But it's nothing a little ibuprofin can't knock, and I agree, it let's me know I "did" something! I use the excuse of pneumonia 2x and abdominal surgery, but truth is that's only part of it- it's too easy to do nothing, not exercise, and just plain eat too much (and junk at that!). I want to be able to wear a bikini again. Mind you it doesn't mean that I will, but I want to know I can. At 5'0" I want to get back down to somewhere between 114 and 120. Yeah, under 110 would be great, but I think with the way my body has changed it would honestly be too thin for me now. So somewhere around 40-50 lbs. (How did that happen?!?! LOL!) Of course being so sick kicked it back 6-7 weeks which I didn't plan on! But that's ok - we can and will do it!
Aubergine68's Avatar Aubergine68 04:17 PM 03-07-2010
Karen, I hope it passes quickly and everyone in your home feels better soon! Especially mama - glad daddy is home to give you a break today.

Quote:

Got some groceries to pick up and some tidying to keep up with. We need to eat the fridge/freezer so hopefully won't be getting too much.

I also want to get out in the yard and trim some deadwood from our apple trees, if my arm muscles can take it. The tree pruner quoted $300 to do the job for us and I'm not wanting to spend that.

I'm sore today too and so is my dd from working out yesterday. We bit the bullet and are paying for a gym membership through our county -- they have a good family deal that involves unlimited swimming and indoor skating, which the boys are excited about. We've worked it into our schedule at least twice a week. I also have been getting out more with my home childcare during the day as the snow melts. I have a borrowed jogging stroller which fits 2 toddlers, and pushing that uphill to playgrounds and the preschool is a bit of a workout in itself!

I don't do scales, but I want to be a size 10/12 and I've been growing out of my size 14s The membership will be worth it for our budget if I can fit into our last-years' summer clothes instead of having to buy new ones I'm tallish, so if I think of it in terms of pounds it is quite a lot of weight to lose. So I'm trying to think in terms of strength and lightness (my word of the year is light)

I also just want to be strong and quick and *able*. I have things I want to do with my kids and I need to be strong and energetic physically to do them. My mother is 20 years older than me, in her early 60s, and she is bent over and slow and weak and starting to use a cane. She has had had some health issues that I don't and won't, has been taking some bone-weakening meds for chronic health issues, but my body type is like hers and when I'm around her I can feel my bones weakening, feel myself slowing down to move as she does.

I do *not* want to hear my kids saying about me "we have to stop and wait for mom." any time for decades to come!

Wombatclay, you mentioned a few pages back that you will be leaving the school you're in and homeschooling your oldest with Oak Meadow. Are you looking forward to that?

I got my middle child's kindergarten portfolio home (they don't do grades in kindy, which is good news at least). It is full of cookie-cutter crafts and activities -- I'm not sure he's learning much of anything except how to follow directions And some French, which is also to the good, I guess. I've got a nauseous feeling in my gut telling me that I may be homeschooling my boys too, and sooner than I was expecting. I had never imagined homeschooling for younger elementary grades.
Indigo73's Avatar Indigo73 04:41 PM 03-07-2010
I am sorta enjoying the yummy weather today. Got to chase down the puppy today... after 2 weeks of lady like behavior with me, she decided to shoot off in the other direction instead of coming when I called her. What can I say, she is maybe 6 months (a resucue, no idea breed or age). She has been settling in nicely. It's wonderful to have a dog again.

At the office now, but leaving at 3:30 so I can hit the library and beat hubby home and walk the dog. Then we get to go grocery shopping.

Aubergine68 good luck with the exercise! DH & I challenged eat other to loose 50 pounds this year. Me with the help of the 30 pound dynamo called Phebe and he with the help of his company's gym ($15 a month, I am so jealous). We are both down about 5 pounds into week 2. I don't normally do scales but eh it's there and he likes numbers.

I am itching to plant, but I know this weekend is not what New England has in store for us yet. So combing through seeds and seeing what I am going to start inside.
CariOfOz's Avatar CariOfOz 02:26 AM 03-08-2010
Hello mamas Just got back in from our art & gymnastics day and it was SO nice to get out for the morning! We have been so cooped up with all this sick that the boys enjoyed it more than usual I think. I'm sending dh to get the little dude, as I don't know how I slept (or if I did something in the evening last night as it was aching slightly when I went to bed) but I completely pissed off my shoulder joint. I cannot lift it more than about 45degrees (from at rest) without it hurting like heck

It's still raining here, so we're making a seafood curry tonight with rice, not sure if the boys will eat it, so they may have toasty cheeses instead

RE: weight... yeah both dh & I could drop a few kilos (ok.. 30kg for me ) and maybe 15kg for him. I am working on what I'm eating, and I need to start exercising more often for sure. I've just had a bad case of the exhaustion for several months now and haven't gotten off my rear and gotten my thyroid retested

Aubergine.. I hate those cookie cutter activities Hs'ing little ones is quite fun though I used Oak Meadow for 2st grade and while *I* loved it... I just had to face that my boys are not waldorf kids They are too into techy stuff, and not into slow calm sweet stories and gnomes, while cute.. were not at all what my son wanted to discuss during math
gun's Avatar gun 02:46 AM 03-08-2010
There is so much I would like to respond to but I don't have a chance. I just started reading the March thread tonight and I want to say I think about you all every day. Missing you!! and hello to our new thread friends!!

We find out in the morning if the offer we put in on yet another house is accepted - oh do cross your fingers for us. It is even more wonderful than the last!

OK, back to catching up!

Edited after finally reading all 10 pages -
Clay - cute hair
Cari - woot for the bigger budget!
Maia - hope your trip is awesome
Batty - sorry to hear about your separation. Glad to hear you are feeling positive about this change
Valerie - darn tooth! hope you feel fine in no time!
Indigo - nice to see you around!

The earth - I am glad others were feeling some weirdness about the recent major earthquakes. I have been thinking sorta Gaia's revenge thoughts. And while this doesn't fit into how I really see things, something deep in me speaks as if this is an old truth that I am only coming to know. IDK. The early collective unconscious?
Aubergine68's Avatar Aubergine68 03:33 AM 03-08-2010
Popping in before bed... :vibe for your house offer, gun!

Thanks for the good wishes, Indigo - glad your pup is settling in well, hope the training you need to do goes easily for both of you. And Cari, hope that the cooler weather coming helps with your energy issue, too.

Cari -- my fear about hs'ing my boys at younger ages is that I'd have to give up doing home childcare, and we do depend on that income, plus 2 of the children are my kids' toddler cousins and I don't want to give up having them with us every day I'd worry about short-changing and boring my sons -- I am not comfortable taking the home daycare on the road much at all and I fear we'd be stuck at home. I am confident that my dd will do just fine hs'ing for jr high though. She is independent enough that I can leave her working on something for quite a while and we have lots of routines and resources in place already that she won't need me to access.

I don't remember this school being quite so cookie cutter when my dd went to kindy. Maybe my values about education have changed *that much* in the past 6 years? Maybe this reflects anxiety on the part of the staff making the transition to not having report cards but still having to meet objectives (this is the first year of the new system.) Going to have to talk to the teacher about this.

I think part of the problem for me is that my ds1 is such a small-c-conservative, rule-following, routine-loving kid. He seems to be just thriving on the system he is in, and this may be what bugs me. I so want my kids to be independent thinkers. We are reading fairy tales together, etc, and he enjoys that, but I don't think this kid is a Waldorf guy either. More of a jr. engineer sort, I think, though it is a bit soon to tell.
CariOfOz's Avatar CariOfOz 05:16 AM 03-08-2010
Aubergine, yeah I can see where that'd be a worry. BUT I know there are people that do it and make it work! So it CAN be done.. it just might require a lot of creativity. Sounds like no child left behind, left them all behind in that instance. How can a child benefit in any way from sticking cut out shapes and making something that looks EXACTLY like what everyone else in the class made? I dont' get it either.
redveg's Avatar redveg 10:33 AM 03-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Well, so much for staying healthy.
Oh no, hope you feel better.

Quote:
I do *not* want to hear my kids saying about me "we have to stop and wait for mom." any time for decades to come!
I hear this loud and clear. Good on the gym membership, I would love to do that but there is nothing around here. Plus I am odd, I feel like I have to get in better shape to go to the gym? I know weird! I am thinking about going back to Yoga. I can tell my body misses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
I am itching to plant, but I know this weekend is not what New England has in store for us yet. So combing through seeds and seeing what I am going to start inside.
Me too! I have all my seeds, planned the garden layout. I am thinking of starting a few things soon. Last year it was nothing but rain and we had a hard time with all the crops This year I want to make sure I have something growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post

We find out in the morning if the offer we put in on yet another house is accepted - oh do cross your fingers for us. It is even more wonderful than the last!
Fingers Crossed

Quote:
I don't remember this school being quite so cookie cutter

I think part of the problem for me is that my ds1 is such a small-c-conservative, rule-following, routine-loving kid.

That's one of the things that bother me about the school system, cookie cutter I wish I had kept them at home and allowed them to be, but I didn't The public school here lets kids be kids for the most part so it's not as bad as it was in Florida. My kids are just starting to express themselves again. They went through this stage where they just wanted to fit in, not be noticed. It's tough to be a teen, find your way, but they are starting to question others/rules they think are foolish, but they were big time rule followers in elementary school.
DaughterOfKali's Avatar DaughterOfKali 10:46 AM 03-08-2010
Eek! My son just tried to put an instruction booklet into my cd drive on the computer!
WTH?! He's 7, not 2! Even I forget, at times, that even though ds appears 'normal' on the outside, he's behind in soooooooo many ways.

Karen- Hope you're feeling better this morning.

Cari- You must be really busy. You haven't been around much lately.
Aeress's Avatar Aeress 11:22 AM 03-08-2010
After sleeping all day, I am feeling better. thanks for the well wishes!

Gun- Sending positive vibes to you!

School- I have evolved so far away from where I started- When I proclaimed that if NCLB was still in place when dd1 went to school I would homeschool, I never would have guessed this is where I would be. I am very eclectic with the girls, major emphasis on nature, social justice and finding out who they are - letting them explore freely- lean more towards unschooling, but not all the time.
On their own yesterday they made binoculars, a game, pirate gold, and other things.

Well, think I will try some coffee. Have a blessed day!
witchygrrl's Avatar witchygrrl 11:55 AM 03-08-2010
mmmm, coffee.

I have a friend who swears I'll homeschool after 1 semester. I figure that between DH and I (He's an artisan, currently sans studio), we can supplement pretty darn well. Obviously, this is a ways from now.

In-laws came and went. Thankfully the weather was beautiful so we spent a lot of time outside. I hope this weather lasts for a bit!!! I need the sunshine so badly!!!
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 12:35 PM 03-08-2010
A lot of catching up, after being sick all weekend, so here goes nothing!

Maia- be having wonderful fun!

gun- love the catch-up list.

batty- welcome back. I was thinking of you just this weekend... I was corset shopping (or drooling anyway since I lack funds) and remembered your corset discussions from long ago (that was you, right?)

peacelove- we have Kiki playing right now (to give still sick mama a little computer time)! That and Totoro are the girls' favorite Miyazaki films.

Aubergine- maybe explore Dianic groups? I don't know how they are in terms of heirarchy, but they're very wemoon affirming (to use their prefered spelling). Z Budapest would be a good place to start if you haven't read much of her writing (sorry... I know some members here have read lots of her stuff and others haven't and I can't remember which group you're in. My bad!).

Aweynsayl- I hope you're feeling happy again! Here's hoping we can both surf the seasonal energy whirlpools and not get munched by monster waves. I spent a solid hour yesterday crying over the laundry because nothing seems to be going right... so I sympathize with feeling crummy for no obviously "good" reason. Leaf on the wind, babe! You and me!

Valerie- hope the new meds work. Don't take "wait and see/suffer" as an answer! I was going to second/third/fourth the hydrogen peroxide gargle... I had FIVE wisdom teeth removed (under general, it was a big process with lots of suturing) and I used the rinse. It was a fun "rabid animal foaming at the mouth" experience!

Oak Meadow/homeschool- Ok, I'm really excited. But we're not going with Oak Meadow after all. It was tempting, and dd1 does enjoy some of the waldorf approach. But I don't really agree with the whole waldorf philosophy of child development/unfolding. I like to let the kiddo persue their own interests, and in dd1's case that means a bit more "academic"... she already reads and does basic math. I could put her in the 1st grade with Oak Meadow, but she wouldn't "learn" anything new. It would be easy for us both, but it's a heck of a lot of money for review. Sooooooo.... we need an accredited program (for personal reasons) and want both standards and flexibility so we're combining two systems to see how it works. We'll get the Calvert first grade school/box and the curriculum only package from Global Village School. Calvert is very "schooly school" but also very complete and organized. Global Village is a peace/ecodiversity/multicultural literature based program that has the flexibilty and breadth but not the structure/organization we want. Both together cost less than Oak Meadow and hopefully they'll compliment each other! We'll see. But yes, I'm looking forward to it!

DoK- still trying to get those pictures up! That was one of yesterday's tear provoking frustrations. DH ended up working all day Sat and so Sun was supposed to be "my day". And that didn't happen. Argh.

weather- it was 50 yesterday! I'm taking the kiddos to the park if I can drag myself together.

coprolites- my dad used to wrap them in wire and make jewelry. I had a coprolite and trilobite necklace in middle school. My personal poo fave is fewmets. At Pennsic there are many many groups and there are big crowds. Groups often pick a word to shout in crowded areas as a way of finding each other. One year a group used "fewmets" and it was hysterical.... big busy market suddenly erupting into shouts of Fewmets--happen! Fewmets-- are us! Fewmets-- who mets? etc. Very Once and Future King, say what?

colorful metiphors/profane interjections- Oddly enough, I use "Baba Yaga". Drop a book on my foot and "Baba Yaga!" is what comes out the mouth. It's a bit disrespectful, but it works for me.

weight loss/scales- I'd like to drop 10lbs... or rather, I'd like to shrink my flabby bit, the number on the scale is less important. I know people say to avoid the scale but I actually do better when I weigh myself every morning and evening. Sort of like tracking fertility signs, having gobs of info helps me see the daily/weekly/monthly/seasonal trends in my weight. So I know that dinner at X leaves me 2-3 lbs heavier for a few days, and that I gain 5lbs before my moon time, or a half hour of yoga/day results in a 2lb reduction from the normal pattern but the pattern itself stays constant. It's not really a hyperfocus on the food or the weight, it's more a focus on body rhythms.

ok, gotta run! nonny all and apologies to everyone I forgot to welcome, thank, encorage, sympathize with, and bounce at!
DaughterOfKali's Avatar DaughterOfKali 12:36 PM 03-08-2010
Karen- Glad you're feeling better.
Valerie.Qc's Avatar Valerie.Qc 01:04 PM 03-08-2010
Hi all!

Well... Origano Oil seems to be the answer! I've been using it under the feet and on my sinus for 2 days now and the pain is gone! (took it orally once... can't do it again... this stuff is nasty!!! Yuck!!! I have nausea just thinking about it. ) I'm still having some sensitivity but nothing compared to what it was just 2 days ago! I'm going to the dentist in a few hours... will see what he'll say.

Clay, have you looked into Goddess Moon Circle Academy?

Sending good vibes to all!
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 03:30 PM 03-08-2010
Check the Moon Circle reviews... though if you had a good experience I'd love to hear about it! It's also not accredited so even if the reviews were positive it wouldn't be a great fit. Which is too bad. It's actually one reason why I want to publish a pagan curric... there just aren't many options out there!
saphire's Avatar saphire 03:38 PM 03-08-2010
I got to sleep in this morning, it was so nice. Outside it looks like it could rain, which would make everything all nice and green. It's been so warm here ( 60+) that it would be a spring rain.

I spent 6 hours outside yesterday. First I ran went running, then I pulled weeds, then I washed the dirty cars. I was exhausted by dinnertime, and those were some tasty tacos.

Val- I'm so glad the oregano oil is helping!!
battymama- good to see you again
aweynsayl's Avatar aweynsayl 07:23 PM 03-08-2010
remembered what i'd wanted to reply to, tapping in the shower, of course.... here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
I am feeling more and more back to myself again. Unfortunately tapping was making things more emotional for me than usual last month, and was doing more harm than good. I think it's safe for me to start back up though.
a couple of us went thru this a while back. it's hard to know when it's good to do and when to avoid it... i tend to go in cycles, tapping, body talk, just general intuitive hands on chakras stuff, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhorn View Post
I'm not much for sticking little notes all over the house (where in the kids art that's all over the house would it go anyway?) but I've been trying to think about how to have little reminders and such to keep me thinking of Pagan ways to express what I'm feeling where the standard ones are Christian (or conversions of Christian ones -- Geez/Jesus, Gosh/God etc.).
i actually think little notes in the kids art is a wonderful idea. something to incorporate it into your daily life as it is.

Quote:
I want to bury a larger quartz point in my fairy garden/altar and other protective stones around the perimeter of our property -- quarters and cross quarters, I think. If nothing else, it will help me to visualize a circle of protection when I need to feel safer.
i've been thinking of what sorts of things i want to do when we move it, to make it start feeling like Home (and fast!)... this might be an idea for my idea box for that!

Quote:
of course! hugs and wishes on your new path!

Quote:
fingers and toes crossed. we have our inspection on wed. <shivers> i'm tingly and anxious! this home-buying business borders on the insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I spent a solid hour yesterday crying over the laundry because nothing seems to be going right...
btdt. <hugs> and thankee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Well... Origano Oil seems to be the answer!
oh, good! i was going to answer your "would OO be good?" with "YES!!" i killed a sinus infection in two days with that stuff. lurve it. hugs, and hope all is well!

schooling.... i'm not bookmarking now, but if i come back and ask for all those links again in maybe a year, will you all still love me?

weight/body/etc... my chakra-based TM will be about my body, but i decided the other day, when i got a glimpse of my ample backside in the more than plenty mirrorage situation in this house we're staying in now, that i'm not going to even speak numbers or inches or firmness levels, but to focus on Wellness, and let my body decide what levels suit it best. we'll see how that goes...

hugs and vibes and non-sappy-springtime-joyousness-singing-and-dancing vibes to you all.

gun's Avatar gun 07:40 PM 03-08-2010
The bank decided to take multiple offers and so now they want highest and best by noon tomorrow. URGH!!!! So, I wait one more day. Pins and needles!

Boy, after we know about the house tomorrow, I will have to share all the excitment in the world of adoption! Nothing concrete yet, but lots of hopeful activity!!
CariOfOz's Avatar CariOfOz 08:27 PM 03-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Eek! My son just tried to put an instruction booklet into my cd drive on the computer!
WTH?! He's 7, not 2! Even I forget, at times, that even though ds appears 'normal' on the outside, he's behind in soooooooo many ways.

Cari- You must be really busy. You haven't been around much lately.
I think he's just SILLY in so many ways.. that is totally something Connor would do and he turns 6 in 10 days. SO maybe it's not totally behindness in that respect, just goofy kidness?

And yeah.. having trouble keeping up with LIFE lately With all the boys sick for the last 2weeks it's sunk me.. and now I've slept wrong yesterday and have spent the last 24hrs unable to lift my right arm more than about 45degrees without pain. Sleep, I bitch when I don't get enough, and when I do it tries to maim me!

I DID make it out to the boys art & gymnastics yesterday, thank Goddess. I was losing my mind being cooped up at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Clay, have you looked into Goddess Moon Circle Academy?
Glad you're a bit better! RE: GMCA.. I have heard, and been part of, way too many stories of zero communication from them. And someone on one of the boards I'm on registered with them a year or so ago... and when she decided to put her child in school... they had no record of anything @ GMCA, so her kid was apparently made to repeat in public school. Definitely have a look at the reviews link

Quote:
The bank decided to take multiple offers and so now they want highest and best by noon tomorrow. URGH!!!! So, I wait one more day. Pins and needles!

Boy, after we know about the house tomorrow, I will have to share all the excitment in the world of adoption! Nothing concrete yet, but lots of hopeful activity!!
Good luck, on both counts!!

THis morning I have had nothing but fighting, bickering, lying little boys. NOT enjoying my morning, and have threatened them with staying in their rooms for a LONG time if they interrupt my coffee. DH has cheered me a bit, he txtd making coffee warcraft jokes that were hilarious hehehe. (Coffee, item lvl 500, Use: chance on interrupt to cause rage, increasing mp (mummy power) by 2k A bit of total silliness was JUSt what I needed!
liza-s's Avatar liza-s 08:51 PM 03-08-2010
Expletives:
--Cloaca: Definition: The posterior opening that serves as the only such opening for the intestinal and urinary tracts of certain animal species, particularly birds. Example: "He was such a cloaca!"
--Vent: Explanation first: On a bird, the cloaca is sometimes also called the vent. "Vent" can also be a verb - "to defecate"
--I was going to suggest copralite as well. I had not thought of fewmets - great one there.
--While not related to excrement, I really like "cinders and ashes" from Thomas the Train as a substitute for "sh*t."
--A friend says "sugar" - so one day her 7 year old said - "mom, you are having a really SWEET day."

I wish I had more than 5 minutes at a timer. i compose these long multi-quotes in my head, but don't have the opportunity to type them up. Teeth, healing energy, relastionships - both new and ending/changing, schooling & education -- good, healthy & prosperous energy sent via cyberspace.

I have a couple of questions - need for advice to post - maybe I'll get the chance later tonight...
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  17  ... Last

Up