March Pagan circle... spring is coming! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 649 Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yay gun!! That's great! Congrats...and I hope adoption comes soon for you.

redveg

Come ponder with me about food!
#242 of 649 Old 03-09-2010, 11:29 PM

I can't believe I forgot to Congratulate Maia on her & M's handfasting Congrats hun! I'm glad he is open minded enough to handfast with you until the legals can be done!! I'm sure it was lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
But I have good news to share!! We got the house!!!! We went back and forth with the bank and back and forth again, and we could finally agree on our offer! Our inspection is set for Thursday. Crossing fingers!!
WOW, more grats! And to have both bits of news come in one day is a bonus hehehe. Will think good thoughts for tiny feets for you

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#243 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Coprolite!

Ok, it's not gross, but it is fun. People would probably have to look it up to see if they should be insulted.
and "eat <expletive>" would be translated to coprophagy

(playing catch up with this thread!)

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#244 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:17 AM

Yay gun Congrats Fingers crossed for more good news to come

redveg- hang in there. Feb was brutal for me.

Today I gave one of my neighbors son a pouch I sewed for him to hold his epi-pens. He'd been using a fanny pack, but school kids had been teasing him about it. It made me feel good to see how pleased he was with the new pouch.
dd2 is watching Grease 2. So fun!
#245 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:25 AM

Maia -- congrats!

liza-s -- if you need owl statues, they're on sale at gaelsong.com!

gun - yay to the house and fingers crossed for the adoption

Valerie - oregano oil kicks butt. dh takes 2 drops under his tongue, with a big glass of water as a chaser, whenever he feels a sore throat coming on. olive leaf extract also works, is less expensive, but is also less potent (also burns less).

Cari - dh introduced ds to the lego star wars computer game (and dh signed up to be a beta-tester for lego universe multi player thingamabob). why is it that ds always thinks that i know where all the lego pieces are? usually when i'm making dinner, i get the question: "mama, have you seen.... ?" "um, no, and my hands are yucky so i can't help you look for it. use your eyes harder."

Autumn: i'm lighting a candle in my head for your Coven Sister. (i had a near burn-down-the-apartment experience with candles so now i use them only under supervision)

Clay - definitely document it! i wouldn't use it myself for homeschooling but since i can't be bothered to go to our local UU, i'd probably adopt something like that for ... well.. more concrete religion at home. (i don't like to think of it as "Sunday School"... "Earthday school" perhaps?)

#246 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 01:09 AM

Hi all.

Life is insane here. Work is nuts and I am having trouble balancing that, spending time with DBF and ohter things in life. Started the process of packing up stuff to move next month (mostly just my room and office stuff) and I am hoping once I get settled again with DBF and I in one place, that life will be a little less crazy.

I miss you guys.

Congrats Maia and Gun!

and PTs to all who need them!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#247 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 03:00 AM

Maia – Warm wishes for years of bliss.

Heather – Yeah on the house. I know a baby is coming soon to fill an empty room (when he/she is ready for the room).

Amanda –Pink waves for comfort if not healing for Alyssa. That is so hard.

Karen – What other flower remedies would you use, other tan basic rescue remedy?

Jennifer – thanks for the owl statue tip. I have 3, but can always use more…

My update: Wren rolled over yesterday for the first time. She’ll fuss if I don’t let her stand for about half the time she sits in my lap. I hold her hand b/c she has no balance – but ever see a 3 month old standing – very odd sight. She’s just so tiny. Collin unfortunately has been getting too rough – hitting her with toys, luckily soft toys, laying on her, etc. We’re trying to give him more 1 on 1 attention, but it seems more than that. He gets giggly and happy when he hits her – unless she really cries – then he gets upset. DH’s arm is doing better. He starts PT next week. Surgeon is happy with his progress so far. We woke up to about 8 inches new snow – and more came during the day. Cold, cold wind with it too.

One of my nephews in competing in the Arctic Winter Games in Alberta in XC skiing in the 13-14 y.o. male division. Two races so far & TWO GOLDS!! (2.5 km classic and 500m freestyle).

If the roads get plowed tomorrow I’m going owling – looking/listening for a Great Grey. A year ago an owl and the rising full moon told me a baby was coming .

OK, question of the personal type – After babe’s arrival, when did you get anything resembling a sex drive back? I know I’m exhausted, but she’s 15 weeks old. I was hoping for just a little tingle (ok, DH is hoping, my problem is I don’t even think about it).

On that note, Happy Hump Day!

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#248 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 09:46 AM

Roo woke me up way too early. And then he suddenly said "Did you just call me?"
Apparently, he heard a woman's voice calling his name. Could be his imagination, could be mental, could be unexplained. Whatever it was, it kinda spooked me. (my father had paranoid schizophrenia so I get nervous about this sort of thing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I don't like to be a downer Feeling, I don't know. I hope you all are having a better one than me
It's ok, you can share your feelings with us. That's what we're here for!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#249 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 10:04 AM

Maia- Happy, happy thoughts to you and your hubby.

Gun- good news, very good news! Looking forward to hearing more about your house.

Bach flower- There are a whole bunch that are more specific...let me see if I can find a good link. I think i might take Gilli to the homeopath when I go next month.

Redveg-I have been off the last few days since being sick. Yesterday was just awful. I was emotional, grumpy, short tempered and fustrated. I have 9 months left of a commitment that I am so ready to be done with, which kind of came to a head yesterday and left me feeling drained. Thankfully a chat with a good MDC friend, and one of my local friends cheered me up.

Well, it better be a happier day. I have much to get done.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#250 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Thank you all for the prayers and candles, as of last night Alyssa was stable, but in an induced coma. I saw a few pictures that her sister took, and she looks so tiny in that bed.

I'll catch up a bit more after I get the kids some breakfast.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#251 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Thankfully a chat with a good MDC friend...
I didn't know you were feeling down.

Now I understand the retail therapy.

#252 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 AM

Handfasting for Maia and your M. !!

Housebuying for gun!!

Aeress -- having to stick around for something when you are *so* ready to be done is really dreadfully wearying. Hope the time goes faster from now on, one way or another.

for sweet Alyssa

ETA -- and to the Empress of Owls for rolling babies and gold medal nephews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Today I gave one of my neighbors son a pouch I sewed for him to hold his epi-pens. He'd been using a fanny pack, but school kids had been teasing him about it. It made me feel good to see how pleased he was with the new pouch.
saphire, that so rocks. What a kind thing to do for him! What kind of pouch was it (pics?) I have some epipen-carrying, fanny-pack-haters in my life, too.

DoK, my mom has a condition that has been diagnosed as schizophrenia , first breakdown in her late teens, became debilitating by the late 20s, family history on her father's side -- several aunts and cousins were disabled with it also. Also a disproportionate incidence of geniuses and creative types on that side of the family, and of serious migraines and epilepsy.

When I went for genetic counselling, I was told that I had a 5 % chance of inheriting this illness (and I didn't) and that my children would have no greater chance than the general population of having it if I were healthy. I still watch them (and their cousins) and carefully do not notice any similarity to my mom in temperament. I know I will be watching them until they are in their mid 20s, even though the chances are low. [/I]

I used to have auditory hallucinations when I was a child -- I'd hear unclear voices in quiet rooms -- didn't like to be in a quiet room because it sometimes got noisy with voices - and could "play" music in my head at will. Also had trouble with sleep paralysis as a young teen, but all of it passed within a few years of that. I felt in need of spiritual protection during that time (peaking around the age of 13) and did a lot of praying/meditating/never being alone. I subjectively felt that what "got" my mom was after me too, but it eventually left me alone.
#253 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Yeah, I did some research about early onset schizophrenia and I don't think that's the problem. It was just so freaky. (it's happened a couple times before.)

Actually, I'm wondering if I dozed off (it was early morning and we were in our own beds) and maybe talked in my sleep.

#254 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:05 PM

Valérie   
#255 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM

i was inspired this morning! (my greatest apologies to Cookie Monster)

"C is for coffee..."

Now what starts with the letter "C"?
"Coffee" starts with "C"!
Let's think of other things that starts with "C"!
Uh. . .Uh. . . Who cares about da other things?!

(CHORUS)x2

"C" is for Coffee that's good enough for me,
"C" is for coffee that's good enough for me,
Oh! coffee, coffee, coffee starts with "C"!

Hey, You know what? A paper cup with “Starbucks” on the side has a "C"
A round donut with one bite out of it looks like a "C" but it is not so good without coffee
Oh, and the moon sometimes looks like a "C" but you can't drink that
So...
(CHORUS)
coffee coffee coffee Starts with "C"

#256 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
OK, question of the personal type – After babe’s arrival, when did you get anything resembling a sex drive back? I know I’m exhausted, but she’s 15 weeks old. I was hoping for just a little tingle (ok, DH is hoping, my problem is I don’t even think about it).

On that note, Happy Hump Day!
Funny how you had those 2 paragraphs together. But anyway... sex drive? Mine's 5 years old and I still don't really have it back, except perhaps once a week when I get a chance to actually think about it. Much to dh's chagrin. But on that note, it is hump day after all... take advantage of the name at least

#257 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I did some research about early onset schizophrenia and I don't think that's the problem. It was just so freaky. (it's happened a couple times before.)

Actually, I'm wondering if I dozed off (it was early morning and we were in our own beds) and maybe talked in my sleep.
When I had a room-mate one summer, she actually had conversations with me in the middle of the night. Only I don't have any recollection of it. It is quite a freaky feeling.

But I've also waking myself up with sleep noises - like my teeth grinding has, at times, waken me out of a dream.

Dh and ds both call out occasionally in their sleep as part of their dreams.

I know that when I do dream and can recall them (I don't have much dream recall at all), my best recall is the dream that happens right before I need to get up. So perhaps it was integrated into your dream?

#258 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

"C is for coffee..."

(CHORUS)x2

"C" is for Coffee that's good enough for me,
Oh! coffee, coffee, coffee starts with "C"!

Hey, You know what? A paper cup with “Starbucks” on the side has a "C"
A round donut with one bite out of it looks like a "C" but it is not so good without coffee
Oh, and the moon sometimes looks like a "C" but you can't drink that
So...
(CHORUS)

as I sit here drinking my coffee

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#259 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 01:35 PM

Congrats Maia and Gun!!

Thinking of Alyssa. I hope they can do something to help her.

Bluets, have a little too much coffee this morning did we? LOL!

DoK, there's a lot of possibilities on that one. You could've talked in your sleep. He could have heard a neighbor or tv (if it was on) and thought he heard his name being called. Also, I know sometimes I think I heard someone say something or call my name. Mind you I'm not "normal" in the traditional sense, but I'm not schizophrenic fwiw. Honestly I've thought a few times when that happens that it was my subconscious trying to get my attention on something. Who know's?

Been keeping up with the thread but not really fit for human companionship so far this week. Been one of the most craptastic since we lost our house, if that says anything. Started today dropping off DH and the kids, then spending over an hour on the phone being bounced back and forth. Short story, made an arrangement with a company we owe money to, KEPT my side of it, now they're trying to renenge on theirs and demanding something like $1500 or so. Still not resolved, but taking a sanity break from it. Would be resolved quicker if half their employees were intelligent enough to read notes and knew the policies of the company. Sigh. I'm getting really tired of the up and down roller coaster! So yeah, once again not in a good place (but it WILL get better, this I do know), and feeling crummy again - think I need to go back in to the dr to finish kicking this stuff, though on the up side I am a LOT better than I was!

Ok lot's to do - people coming over tonight so I have to clean plus other projects that need to get done. And deal with the moron company that's eating up my time today!
#260 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 02:04 PM

A friend (and her son) has invited ds and I to go with them to the Boston Children's Museum. I think it's the first time we've been there (we've been to the MFA and also the Museum of Science. So this is a new experience!

I'm a little nervous about us riding in someone's car. I'll have put the booster seat (which I don't like to use) on a seat near the door (back seat). That makes me super nervous (I have ds's carseat in the middle of my backseat.)
I just hope she's a good driver (I can hear "I'm an excellent driver." in my head.)

Bluets/Jennifer- Love it, love it, love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Congrats Maia and Gun!!
He could have heard a neighbor or tv (if it was on) and thought he heard his name being called.
It was completely quiet. I remember thinking that I love when it's so quiet.

#261 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:

Bluets, have a little too much coffee this morning did we? LOL!
sadly, not enough. was up too late randomly surfing on the computer last night. we have a ritual of listening to Cookie Monster (just this one song) on the way to daycare (i have some odd rituals and this is one of them). the way i was fumbling for my travel mug en route, dh started crooning "C is for coffee". ds thought it was very funny. i figured out the rest of the lyrics once i reached my desk.

#262 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 02:48 PM

Love the coffee song! And a daily ritual involving cookie monster. We listen to the beatles on the way to preschool. Every day. Though the cd changes so it's not necessarily the same set of songs. The only time we vary that is if the day is grey/rainy... then we listen to zydeco to "bring back the sun".

DoK- big hugs chica. It's got to be stressful having worries like that lurking in the back of your mind all the time. Thinking about my dad always scares me and I get hyper focused (and not in a good way) on everything I feel and everything I can pick up from the kids. I hope the trip goes smoothly and you have a blast at the museum!

We're a bit overcast at the moment actually, but temps near 50! FIFTY! Of course, that means the beautiful snow cover is melting to reveal the horrible ick that hides inside the drifts all winter... our road is a mash of half decayed dog poop, long dead critters, and gravel from the snow plows. Ugh. The late winter/early spring view from our home is less than luverly I'm afraid.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#263 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Roo had fun at the museum. They had this huge climbing thingy that was completely netted for safety. Ds was afraid at first but then I couldn't get him out of it. He LOVED it. It was 3 floors tall. There's an open staircase next to it so parents can check on their kids or take pics. Just being on that staircase made me feel queasy. Urgh. LOL.

#264 of 649 Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:

I've done this before too... when I was just on the edge of awake thought I heard someone calling Mommy! I am sure it's probably not anything 'serious' .. but freaky none the less!

Quote:

"C is for coffee..."
Hehehehe That's epic And nicely done, I am having my morning coffee now hehe

Quote:
Short story, made an arrangement with a company we owe money to, KEPT my side of it, now they're trying to renenge on theirs and demanding something like $1500 or so. Still not resolved, but taking a sanity break from it. Would be resolved quicker if half their employees were intelligent enough to read notes and knew the policies of the company.
I SO feel your pain! SOme of you here might remember our nearly year long struggle with a power company a while back (and I mean a WHILE, I paid the bill off one year ago this week... and was paying on it for 6mos. The issue was they were incompentant and we could NOT get a bill out of them!) Well.. the company went into recievership (sorta like bankruptcy) and last week I got a call & email from the company handling their accts.. claiming I still owe 183bucks! I was VERY upset, but I had a detailed list of payment dates, amounts and bpay reciept #s which I sent him. He said that's great... those last 3 payments were never credited though, will you still be making them? Is me.. I told him no, they were already made, what the incompetants at that company did with them once they were made is NAWT my problem. And added a little note not to contact me about it again, except to inform me that our name was removed from the list of outstanding accts, or I would be contacting a lawyer.

SO yeah.. not quite the same amount of money, but I totally get your frustration and stress levels. I've been a nervous wreck about it.

DOK, museum sounds great! We have indoor playcentres with those type of structures here and they are just awesome fun for the kids.

Off to bake some eggy pies with the kids for lunch (and extras for our big day out tomorrow) and get a bit of schooly stuff going on

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#265 of 649 Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 AM

Hey everyone! I finally bought a new to me car! We bought a mini van, so now we have two cars once again. Its a 95 ford windstar. After I bought it all these people were like OMG such a crap car! So now I am freaked about it. It runs good, in immaculate condition. I bought it from an older man who keeps all his cars in garage, cleans them all the time. You seriously wouldn't know this car is 15 years old. And it only have 115,00 miles on it. That means he only drove it like 8k miles a year. But I love having a mini van. The only thing I don't like is having the door that opens the back to get my daughter out on the passanger side. So I have to walk around the car to get her out. Ugh.

Hope everyone is well. It is FINALLY warming up down here in Florida. It was 75 yesterday. I couldn't believe it.

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#266 of 649 Old 03-11-2010, 12:19 PM

morning!

gray day here today... almost spring break and the campus is getting quiet.

i think we'll be taking a few days next week to go to (*Sic*) beautiful Fort Wayne. (only because it is conveniently halfway between here and my parents but they also have a science center that has a Hubble exhibit - so dh and ds are excited about that. I'm excited about the potential for eating at a Japanese BBQ

here's a crafty idea or two for Ostara (or maybe just because):
http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_c...tonehenge.html

http://seilifestyle.blogspot.com/201...er-basket.html

#267 of 649 Old 03-11-2010, 12:39 PM

Morning everyone! mmmm, the song is going through my head... but now its crowded with "how do you like me now?"

DOK - I feel like I can relate, but not entirely... alzheimer's runs through my family so when I start to forget or my memory gets foggy.. panic attacks ensue. I'm glad your Roo had a blast out at that gym. It sounds like something my boys would love, while giving me a heart attack. They are so fearless its amazing.

Blue- love the crafty ideas, I was pondering of what to do next to our garden and the mini stonehenge would be wonderful for the boys to build especially with the plethora of bricks.

I love its getting warmer out, sun on my face just calming me from work and filling me up and reminding me all to be thankful for. mmmmm today we have fog and it looks so beautiful, twisting and floating along the ground, the trees. I miss the PNW a bit as one of my favorite views was on a foggy day to look out on a high enough perch and see the mountains in the distance, green or snow covered. It was impressive. I love spring!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#268 of 649 Old 03-11-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:

bluets you're on fire! First an epic Cookie Monster remake then awesome crafts?? What kinda coffee u drinkin'?
I'll be singing that song for a while.

Epipen pouch- It's just a simple foldover top with velcro closure and a loop in the back to use a carabiner clip with. It's sized to fit 2 epipens and some benadryl too. Maybe it's time I have an etsy store too.

Yesterday dh and I spent a couple hours working on the pool. I dug so much dirt my shoulders are sore. ( Pool is dug, but needs a bit more shaping and we have lots of dirt piles from homebuilding.)

Aeress I'm excited about the Pagan HS thread you started too!

Gun and Aweyn- what's the latest on the house front??

I feel my morning coffee has kicked in, lol.
#269 of 649 Old 03-11-2010, 01:00 PM

#270 of 649 Old 03-11-2010, 01:20 PM

and the roll continues... lookie at the super cute girlie affirmation card that i found in my inbox:
http://www.goddessguidebook.com/images/ilmyself.jpg

(and i only drink half-caf coffee. imagine if i drank full strength!)

but i think it's the warming trend. around here, as soon as it warms up, the campus kids take off their clothes, layer by layer. they don't leave much to the imagination!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page