March Pagan circle... spring is coming! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2010, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI! hope all is well. happy March!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 04:35 AM

happy march!

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:50 AM

yay March! Can't wait for Ostara!

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Morning! Welcome March!

Day 3/4 of mystery illness- we gave Gilli benadryl/decongestant and she didn't throw up, plus we propped her up on pillows. Could be a coincidence but not having to clean up a big mess and a happier kid, is a good thing. Though, she is coughing and it sounds junky/phlemy, so maybe it is a drip thing.

I am thinking today will be a good day. Hope today brings good cheer your way!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 AM

Happy March to all! Wishing everyone a healthy, happy month!

We will be having yucky weather all week. How does one not fall into a funk when they've had nothing but grey skies, rain/snow, cold temps?

I feel like hanging out in my local flower shop. Smells divine in there. Like Spring.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 03-01-2010, 12:01 PM

Subbing

Getting ready to go to the dentist...

Valérie   
Old 03-01-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Morning! Welcome March!

Day 3/4 of mystery illness- we gave Gilli benadryl/decongestant and she didn't throw up, plus we propped her up on pillows. Could be a coincidence but not having to clean up a big mess and a happier kid, is a good thing. Though, she is coughing and it sounds junky/phlemy, so maybe it is a drip thing.

Aw poor baby. Give her mattress a vacuum, if she's got a dust/dust mite allergy that will help reduce the allergens. Both of my children are allergic. My son used to have many mornings when he would wake up, vomit a few times in 2-3 hours, and then be 100% all day. We did this little dance a few times before I put him on Claritin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

We will be having yucky weather all week. How does one not fall into a funk when they've had nothing but grey skies, rain/snow, cold temps?

I feel like hanging out in my local flower shop. Smells divine in there. Like Spring.
Happy March! I leave some colored Christmas lights up all year. I use them very frequently in the winter. During the day when it's nasty, and for a little while in the evening. Just because I like the glow of the lights they make me happy. I still get in a funk after more than 2-3 days with out sunshine, but the lights help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Subbing

I'm about to call to set up my appointment, eek!! I'm totally thinking of you though.

Working on Month 2 Wicca 101 homework! I love it

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 PM

Yay March. Thank goodness Feb is over.
I have a busy week planned with babysitting, 2 friend's bdays, and Eve's annual ped. cardiology appointment. At least I have this week's lessons prepared. Today is grocery shopping and library after lunch.

The moon was so bright last night. Just realized I haven't read mooncircles in a while.

TTFN
Old 03-01-2010, 01:40 PM

Good Morning Happy March!

Saphire-yes, thank goodness Feb is over. It seemed to be rough on a lot of folks. Nice on the moon viewing. It was too cloudy here, but I was happy to get some time the night before and I charged my favorite pendants

Maia-It's getting close-How many days?

Cari-I love the table and chairs, and DD loves the rat pic, "Awww!" I hope your little one feels better real soon.

Valerie-I'm sorry about your tooth pain. It can be so miserable. Hopefully, the dentist will help you out with minimal discomfort.

Wombat-What fun summer plans! So jealous-wish I could go. I'm on the other side of the country though, so it's not too realistic. You've inspired me to start looking into our own plans though. I'm glad most of your family is on the mend, but poor Tor. May he heal swiftly and send all that gunk packing! I never thought about putting a pillow under the sheet. What a great idea.

Aweyn- That's so great about the house! All will be well and with all the intention you've been putting into it, maybe if things don't go through it's not your house after all?

Autumn Breeze-I like the colored lights idea. A lot of people around here suffer from SAD. What a cheerful solution. Glad you're enjoying your homework.

DoK-I'm someone who lives in a very gray area. Even in the summer, we have fog in the mornings. It's not easy. I've found exercise and spending a little time outdoors helps me. Even if I just bundle up and stand in my doorway for a few.

Aeress-I'm glad Gilli didn't vomit last night. Hopefully the mystery illness is on its way OUT. Today IS a good day. Hoping it is good and cheerful for you too.

witchygrrl, TulsiLeaf, mamaofthree and all the lovely women here- Happy Spring, "In like a lion. Out like a lamb."

Feeling a little mixed about the excitement for the coming spring. I love spring and Love Love Love to garden. Unfortunately, we just found out we have leak and major damage is likely. We have to move out so they can remove all counter tops and cabinets in our kitchen to see what's what. Due to the likelihood of mold issues, we have to be displaced. It looks like 3 or 4 months. I love my house, neighborhood and this is my first spring with the garden. Good news is it's being taken care of right. I can still visit and take care of the garden, and well, is just is what it is. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but I'm relating to something I think Aweyn posted about home issues causing difficulties with the root chakra. I can tell I'm going to need to stay on top of things to not feel too overwhelmed. Perspective is always good. My family will have suitable housing, and we are really so lucky in so many ways. Whoa...this was long

Take care

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
Old 03-01-2010, 03:18 PM

huzzah, march! march was always my favorite month as a child. already planning our "bring back the snakes" day celebration.

sick littles~ hugs, mommas, and kisses to the littles. ds was sick for a month in december, and it was awful. i know this is not the most... practical... idea, esp for those with more than one kiddo, but what finally got him over it was an old trick of my mom's-- get the heck outta dodge. within one day of being out of town, he was 9 million percent better.... like i said, totally not practical advice, and we'd already planned the trip, so it was go vs cancel, but just an idea.... maybe it will inspire something?

winter gloom~ ditto the twinkly lights (we leave ours up year-round), but another thing i learned (to combat "SAD" specifically, but is just a mood lifer in general for me!) is beeswax candles. they emit negative ions, and research has shown they're just as effective as that expensive "light therapy"...
~another i love to do, when you just "cant take it anymore"... is to throw a "picnic" inside-- fave picnic foods, summery music, blanket on the floor of the living room....
...hang in there... too soon it will be "too hot..."

~FR, ohno!!! i'm so sorry! grr. well, you could come up here and help me with my garden..... i'm sure going to need it. fruit trees, berry bushes, raised beds, tons of bulbs and perennials...
re:chakras and home issues. golly, i could write a book. actually for me, it's the sacral chakra that i think's been affected. burning orange colored candles has helped me with that... and chakra tapping (shock, i know). hugs that all turns out well!

ok, the boys are out, and i have got to clean!
happy march, everyone!

eta-- <gasp!> saphire, thanks for the mooncircles reminder! the moon was stunning last night, wasnt she? i left the blinds open, so we slept bathed in moonlight... ahhh.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

bathed in moonlight... nice. it is all gray and yuck here.

i too leave up holiday lights! they make me happy.

we have sickness here too. coughing, fevers, crabbiness (oh wait the crabbiness is me. lol) the kids lungs all sound good, so i am thinking it is in the upper airways and from the nose just draining. blaaah!

there is a tree sale going on next month at fedco, so we are going up there to get an apple tree (or two) and a cherry tree. i also want to plant raspberries and blueberries this year. since they all take years to get going good, we can't keep putting them off. lol

ok hopefully i will be able to keep up with you all.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 03-01-2010, 04:49 PM

I'm back with antibiotics, high doses of ibuprophen and codein for the night.

Looks like next week's appointment, when they where suppose to finish the job on one root canal in the back of my mouth, will be devoted to open this teeth - yay!

Physical signs are very telling but, curiously, nothing is showing up on the X-ray.

Now I just want this sharp pain to go away, this weird sensation in my nose/sinuses to disappear and this pain up to my temple and ear to vanish! And I want to eat and drink without torturing myself!

Valérie   
Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 PM

oh I hate it when I get a flare up like that. :/ the temple/ear pain is HORRIBLE!!!!

straws and stuff that doesn't stick in your teeth (less chewing) You probably won't be hungry at the height of your pain relief but that's the best time to eat.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM

I wanted to take a moment and de-lurk finally for March's circle. I've been finding my way back slowly to my pagan beliefs/ideas. Its been wonderful to see such a strong group, I wish I had found this years ago.

I may pop in every once and awhile, but mostly I'm just trying to find my path again and do my homework (again) since I swore off any pagan/wiccan/earth magick beliefs and chalked it up to confused youth. Which is a bummer as I tossed all my notes, and information when we moved.

Much love and I can't wait to grow and explore with all of you!

Kate

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 03-01-2010, 05:35 PM

Kate- Welcome back !

Old 03-01-2010, 05:58 PM

Ahh happy March! You can always count on your fellow pagans to note the passage of time. I always love the day you can change the calendar, I always feel it should be some sort of mini-celebration!

I'm attempting to step back in and keep up this month. As usual. Got my fingers crossed!

signature currently in transition
Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Happy March! I leave some colored Christmas lights up all year.
I have them up outside, but it's cause I'm a slacker this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Maia-It's getting close-How many days?

Unfortunately, we just found out we have leak and major damage is likely.
When I wake up tomorrow, it will be FOUR days Remember M got laid off from his job? Well, today he has a phone interview, and I'm staying off the phone with him till he calls me back. On one hand, he really needs the money, and I'm excited for him, but OTOH, I want this to wait till after I come home...selfish me wants him all to myself. For five days. Dang. Can we say conflicted?

Yuck on the water damage, FR. I'm so sorry. Glad you have a safe place to go to, at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Maia--they can't possibly know you're not Catholic. I was raised Episcopalian too, and attended Catholic school for 3 years. *They* knew and chewed me out for taking Communion. But one day at a church you might not ever go back into? I agree if you are so led. You could also ask the priest to lay his hands on you and give you a blessing also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Maia, if it helps, I took communion at my Grandfathers funeral. I have never been Catholic, I was raised Methodist. I've been to MANY Catholic services, but my grandparents funerals were the only two times I ever considered communion. I think if you are so led, then it's fine. I'm still here
Thanks, mamas...M still agrees with me about communion on that day. Now he's saying that though he wants rings really badly, he's a week behind with rent...I said they're non-negotiable
Gods, mamas, 4 days. Well, when I wake up tomorrow. It's like 4pm or so, so to me the day's just about over

Happy March!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-01-2010, 06:42 PM

Maia- Would you and M wear gold rings?

Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hey, all...

I've just been scanning through the thread, so I'm not gonna do the specifics, but... love and blessings to those going through bad times... woot, woot to those having good times.

It is so typically monday today. I'm having a pity party for myself, seeing as I'm feeling ignored, picked-on and left out. Too many minor ickies building up, I think.

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Wolfcat-

Old 03-01-2010, 07:11 PM

March comes in like a lion! Hrm. Perhaps that's my children.

Holy cow, the energy. We had homeschool classes today at the Lutz Children's Museum and all the kids were just wild. I think it's because we can all feel spring coming but it's not quite here yet. The snow is starting to melt (we're in New England), the ground is muddy where it isn't frozen, and the wind is roaring. We have daffodils an inch and two up, just waiting for the sun. No tulips yet.

I'm feeling it a bit different. Where the kids are running around like loons, I'm having a hard time keeping up with my ideas and desire to create. More ideas than time or energy. I'm trying to do some writing and some needle felting every day, to harness some of this energy and actually apply it toward something rather than just spinning it off into the wind, like so many of my half-finished, never-finished projects.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:19 PM

Earthmama- You know, I think most of us would be happy if we could be creative even a little bit each day. I think you have just inspired me!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:28 PM

maia- the only reason I brought it up was I thought I remembered you saying he was a member of an orthodox church. And often a guest who wants to receive communion in an orthodox church actually does need to provide a letter from their "home" church that says they're a member in good standing. In many ways it's a much tighter knit community, not like a roman catholic church where everything is in English, there is no explicit dress code, and no one necessarily notices if someone "new" is in the pew. (actually, some orthodox groups don't have pews anyway).

For rings... can the two of you make something as "keeper rings" then get the really spiffy ones later?

Wolfcat- feel better!

femme- the west coast has some fun events! There are steampunk and maker events in the Bay Area that make me drool.

Oh, bay area! DH's picture is in an article about the steins of science. Just scroll down for the "beer cow".

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Morning! Welcome March!

My friend's young daughter just went through this sort of thing... I think they said it was RSV. She had fever, coughing, vomiting, and general miserableness. My friend's dh said it was the worst "stay-cation" he's ever had... Of course, he was feverish too for a bit.

Here's to continued improved health!

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Good Morning Happy March!

Take care
WOW! You're thorough! And no multi-quote! How did you remember all of that?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 PM

Cari- in case you want dreds now... found this.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Kate- Welcome back !
Thanks! Its like "coming home"

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Maia- Would you and M wear gold rings?
White gold, yeah...I'm all about silver (color). I don't think he cares, but I'm a silver gal all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
It is so typically monday today. I'm having a pity party for myself, seeing as I'm feeling ignored, picked-on and left out. Too many minor ickies building up, I think.

We love you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
maia- the only reason I brought it up was I thought I remembered you saying he was a member of an orthodox church. And often a guest who wants to receive communion in an orthodox church actually does need to provide a letter from their "home" church that says they're a member in good standing. In many ways it's a much tighter knit community, not like a roman catholic church where everything is in English, there is no explicit dress code, and no one necessarily notices if someone "new" is in the pew. (actually, some orthodox groups don't have pews anyway).

For rings... can the two of you make something as "keeper rings" then get the really spiffy ones later?
What are "keeper rings"?

Really, I don't care if they're freaking dime store rings ...we just need two of them, one for each. Preferably that match. Actually, I gave him a Celtic knot ring back in October that my mom brought me from Ireland...all he really needs to do is get me one that's similar, if he's willing to take that one for a wedding band. Unless he's the one that wants new ones. We'll see. To me it's about the symbolism, that we get and have something that means we're together, that means we're forever.

Oh-- he does have some kind of paperwork on file at that church. But he's pretty clear on that it's fine for me to take communion for this

Quote:
Those are hot. How do you get them? Do you have to buy them? Or make them?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
White gold, yeah...I'm all about silver (color). I don't think he cares, but I'm a silver gal all the way.
Bummer. I happen to have a spare set of yellow gold wedding bands.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:

It's yucky, grey and wet here. Very dismal indeed. I'm making 'winter' foods to make it feel like it's supposed to be this eay lol Veggie curry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Subbing

I hope it feels better soon. I saw you came home with atbx and such, hopefully they help quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
I wanted to take a moment and de-lurk finally for March's circle. I've been finding my way back slowly to my pagan beliefs/ideas. Its been wonderful to see such a strong group, I wish I had found this years ago.
Welcome Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
Sorry you have teh FUNK. I've just had a bout of that myself for no real reason at all. Your pity party must include a posh coffee (or iced coffee ) if you drink it... and good chocolate .. and I highly recommend elvish eyecandy lol (Legolas mmmm). This is a long running cure all for whatever blahs you may have, at least here on this thread

Quote:
You don't know how many times I've considered making up fakies so that I can just braid my real hair and not have so much maintenance hassle My problem wouldn't be making the dreads... but getting someone to put the buggers in for me!

Me today ...
Connor had several awful fits of coughing last night, but the real problem was that I had a monster headache yesterday and had to take drugs and lay down for a couple of hours. So I could.not.sleep till after 1am. And then Quinn wanders in at 2 with a rockin fever, wide awake, but blabbering on deliriously about nothing that made much sense. And he would not be still so I slept from 1-2am and then from about 6-7am We are NOT amused.

And then.. dh was going to bring me home a starbucks from the city because he knew I was probably having a hard day. Well the fuel he purchased last week, via eftpos/cashcard apparently never came out of the bank .. until TODAY. PUtting us a nice 55bucks in the hole We thought everything was paid for so I transferred extra money into our ING acct, leaving us about 40bucks till wednesday. Which would have been no problem as I'd have xferred LESS if I knew that was outstanding. I totally told him he best go gripe at the store for not telling him their system was down and letting them know he'd be going across the road from now on NOT happy

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe

User Tag List