Past lives, souls, etc. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-09-2010, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read Journey of Souls. I've read other books similar to this, and I'd love to chat with those of you who have read or have experience in this area!
#2 of 12 Old 03-10-2010, 12:50 AM

I would love to info as well. Anyone have a past life regression? I just started to explore this a bit.
#3 of 12 Old 03-10-2010, 03:55 AM

just started really wanting to learn about this! Do not know a whole lot but would love to chat with you about it!
#4 of 12 Old 03-14-2010, 09:16 PM

I recently read Journey of Souls and I am now reading Destiny of Souls. Journey of Souls really made a lot of sense to me. I love the idea that we have a collective group to go back to. I am very curious as to who is in my group! And also what soul levels other people I know are, and myself for that matter.
#5 of 12 Old 03-17-2010, 02:12 PM

I have not read any books on the subject specifically. I do have a dear friend, who is a healer, who has worked with me professionally to release past life "issues" in order to live more fully in the present life. Fascinating stuff!!!!!!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#6 of 12 Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 PM

Same Soul, Many Bodies by Weiss is quite uplifting and interesting read on the subject.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#7 of 12 Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM

I've never read any books on past lives either, but did a past life regression in the hopes of releasing a lot of mental limitations/baggage. I no longer believe that souls exist in neat packages that go from one body to the next. In fact, the unique collection of energy that you are in this lifetime will never exist again. What is being tapped into is collective memory, because we all share the same consciousness. Those that have been able to let go of blockages through this process maybe were more connected to those past memories. Some people describe during the regression looking out through another person's eyes. I did not experience that. I saw everything as a storybook unfolding, and though I learned an interesting subconscious belief that I held, I did not release because of this regression, I had to do a lot of work on myself afterward in order to process the belief and let it go.
#8 of 12 Old 05-26-2010, 03:10 PM

I'm very interested in this. I've been interested in things of this nature my whole life, but only recently did I learn more about it. What happened was that I was doing some Neuro Emotional Technique (N.E.T.) sessions with my chiropractor with good results, so I brought my daughter in to do it with her. She had some eczema spots on both of her ankle areas and they were dry and itchy and wouldn't go away, even thought I had been continually applying Calendula cream to them for the past few months. During her N.E.T. session, we figured out that the cause of that eczema was emotional and for finding the triggering emotional event, we found that it happened in one of her past lives, specifically 18 past life times ago where she was a teenager working for some time type boss figure and she felt defensive towards him and she felt that she was the victim. My chiropractor cleared this emotion from her, and her eczema had instant improvement that day and was completely gone within the next few days. That was a couple of months ago and its still gone. Anyway, so my chiropractor let me borrow his copies of the books Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls and I read through both of them very quickly. I love what I learned! I now want to get a past life regression for myself. Hopefully I will soon and I'll post what happens here!

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#9 of 12 Old 06-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Just saw this post from a while back...

I have read Many Lives, Many Masters and Through Time Into Healing, both by Brian Weiss. I'm actually going to see him at a workshop at the Omega Institute in NY this fall, along with Raymond Moody and some others.

About a year and a half ago, I had a past-life regression session. It was really interesting. I have no idea if what I experienced was "real" or metaphorical, but it lead to some very interesting changes in my thinking and feelings (as well as opening me up to some new ideas about my own future). I don't know anyone else IRL that has done a regression, so I'd be really interested to find some kindred spirits online.

Mama to DD (06/30/07).
#10 of 12 Old 06-13-2010, 02:03 AM

I have never read any of those books. But I have had "revelations" of something or someone I think I might have been before.

I recently took up spinning. The first time I used my spindle I just knew what to do. My spinning teacher asked me if I'd ever spun before...I'd never in my life picked up a spindle but I just started doing it...I just "remembered" how. I know I have always known how...it was there all along. I FELT it, that I'd somehow , somewhere done it all before..the same with knitting....I just knew how to do it.

My DH and I recently took a vacation to a place I have never been before..but I knew where I was...what street to take to get where I was going, or the places I went to were places I have definitely seen before. The people were different, but the same.

I have met people, seen photographs of people I have never seen before and I want to say "I know you! Where have you been?"

I saw my Dh for the first time and knew he was my soul mate. He actually turned around and walked back to meet me in a crowded place full of people. He was only walking by but he turned around and came back for me.

I find myself dreaming about people and places and actually meeting them or going there in real life.

I don't know what it all means....it's puzzling sometimes but most of the time I find it strangely comforting.

Crazy mom of 9. grouphug.gif  A wife to one.  flowersforyou.gif

-Life is a long lesson in humility.-

James M. Barrie

#11 of 12 Old 06-13-2010, 02:13 PM

My sister just recently had a regression session too. She says what many of you say: she's not sure if what happened was something she made up or whether it was actual glimpses into a past life. But it was very clear to her that she was the little girl in the impressions she had. Also it wasn't a story that unfolds like a movie. It was more just impressions or flashes of things that were happening to her, but it was clear she was not who she is now--she says she was a little girl sometime in the 1800s or so.

She read Many Lives Many Masters a couple of months ago when she was visiting me and found it on my shelf. She immediately connected with it and devoured every other Weiss book she could get her hands on. Then she found a past life regression therapist, and was regressed right away. She says it was like that story was right there under the surface just waiting to get out.

It remains to be seen whether it will change anything for her, but she feels strongly that a few more sesssions will reveal what she needs to know and will make a huge difference in her life.

I'd like to try too, though I don't have the feeling that she did about needing to know something that happened. But I'm still very curious.

My DH is of a religion that believes in reincarnation, so it's something I've wondered about quite a bit.

It's interesting to read other people's experiences.

DS1: 2/02 ROTFLMAO.gif DD: 9/04 blahblah.gif DS2: 9/07jog.gif and EDD: 11/13 belly.gif

#12 of 12 Old 07-13-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo7 View Post
I have never read any of those books. But I have had "revelations" of something or someone I think I might have been before.

I recently took up spinning. The first time I used my spindle I just knew what to do. My spinning teacher asked me if I'd ever spun before...I'd never in my life picked up a spindle but I just started doing it...I just "remembered" how. I know I have always known how...it was there all along. I FELT it, that I'd somehow , somewhere done it all before..the same with knitting....I just knew how to do it.

Wow I find this with myself sometimes. Things that should be hard, happen quite easily to me. (Of course many things that should be very hard are still very hard). I am being more and more pulled into a more homesteading way of life.
I had an awesome intuitive reading last night with Intuitive Jamie. She told me a bit about one of my past lives and it totally makes sense. I feel as though the skills I made there, come to me easily, or at least I have confidence that I could do them (especially with the help of google, something that woman in my past didn't have).
Make rope with plant fiber? why not? - easy peasy.
need to make bacon? Of course we can do it (major adjustments for our current urban living).
I totally adored my 7 year old son's survival camp experiences - nothing makes my heart pound faster than learning how to find food in the woods, make fire, and make rope.
I've been aching to own fruit trees and have a big garden, can, etc.
I believe there is a reason for this. And I am making plans to honor this.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page