~~~Quiverfull 2010 !!! ~~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 132 Old 07-08-2010, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering how you guys/quiverfull beliefs deal with the issue of disabilities (childhood). My oldest is disabled and has autism. It really scares me because there is not currently a known cause and no way to know before birth (for us we didn't know until he was 2 and it wasn't official until later ... age 4-5). We have 2 typical children but the idea of have 2, 3 or more children with disabilities really frighten me. It makes life a lot tougher and we spend many hours taking him to therapy and dr. appts. I guess this boils down to a fear/trust issue with God? Has anyone gone through this? We are expecting and to be honest I'm spending a lot of time praying about this and I'm very fearful that we'll have another child with a severe disability/neurological disability. ETA: I do want to add that this experience (the last several years) has really tried my faith and ultimately brought me much closer to God and strengthened my relationship with Him. I guess this is another one of those trials for me -- the fear of the unknown... Most people with know let their autistic child be their last probably because it is so time consuming and they wouldn't find it fair to the other kids. We've tried to make him just part of the family and not feel different and also allow our other kids to have a happy childhood.
#62 of 132 Old 07-08-2010, 11:48 PM

Hey mamas, just a quick little note. I love lurking on the quiverfull tribes, I think your life choice is absolutely beautiful and I would love to be able to make the same choice one day. I completely agree and I do not agree with the idea of birth control. Unfortunately, not living by Gods word has landed me as a single mother but in my marriage, I would love to be quiverfull. Anyways, thats all..continue your questions and conversations

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#63 of 132 Old 07-08-2010, 11:58 PM

Adamsmama, there is a mom I know who's youngest bio child had Down's Syndrome. She was older at that point and didn't have any more naturally after that but she and her husband went on to adopt three more boys with DS. Starting out, she never would have chosen to have 4 children with DS, but through her writing it is clear that they are absolutely God's gift to that family and that she loves them and what they contribute to the family dynamic. She is really big on integrating kids with disabilities in to family life and has so many good ideas for that.

Since her blog/politics are probably anathema to most on MDC , I won't post a link, but pm me if you want to know where you can read her story.

I can only speak on it from a second-hand point of view. But I can imagine what concern this must cause you.
#64 of 132 Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 AM

So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up yet. But it's looking like dh's week back at home might, just might, have the possibility of a new baby, God willing of course. I am convinced my sister who just gave birth reset my cycle completely with all her hormones floating around. Either that or God did. Can't wait to see how this pans out.
#65 of 132 Old 07-11-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
I'm wondering how you guys/quiverfull beliefs deal with the issue of disabilities (childhood). My oldest is disabled and has autism. It really scares me because there is not currently a known cause and no way to know before birth (for us we didn't know until he was 2 and it wasn't official until later ... age 4-5). We have 2 typical children but the idea of have 2, 3 or more children with disabilities really frighten me. It makes life a lot tougher and we spend many hours taking him to therapy and dr. appts. I guess this boils down to a fear/trust issue with God? Has anyone gone through this? We are expecting and to be honest I'm spending a lot of time praying about this and I'm very fearful that we'll have another child with a severe disability/neurological disability. ETA: I do want to add that this experience (the last several years) has really tried my faith and ultimately brought me much closer to God and strengthened my relationship with Him. I guess this is another one of those trials for me -- the fear of the unknown... Most people with know let their autistic child be their last probably because it is so time consuming and they wouldn't find it fair to the other kids. We've tried to make him just part of the family and not feel different and also allow our other kids to have a happy childhood.
God will never give you more than you can handle. Congrats on your new addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom View Post
So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up yet. But it's looking like dh's week back at home might, just might, have the possibility of a new baby, God willing of course. I am convinced my sister who just gave birth reset my cycle completely with all her hormones floating around. Either that or God did. Can't wait to see how this pans out.
Praying for you.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#66 of 132 Old 07-22-2010, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom View Post

good luck girl!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#67 of 132 Old 07-22-2010, 04:07 PM

Yes, Cappuccinosmom, any update?

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#68 of 132 Old 07-22-2010, 04:24 PM

He's only been here two days. We won't find out until he's been gone again about 2 weeks, probably.
#69 of 132 Old 07-22-2010, 04:30 PM

Yeah, but I like to imagine that we could know, and I mean REALLY know, at the moment it happens.

Once, in all my babies, I did know. A very strange feeling. But really cool.

Guess I will have to just wait with you, though...

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#70 of 132 Old 07-23-2010, 12:43 PM

I would love to join!

I am Casondra and I have been married to my wonderful husband for 9 yrs. We have 4 living children, and one with the Lord. Our journey has been long and tough. When were together we never wanted children, then 3yrs into it we thought it was time to try, went off Bc and got pregnant the first month, after him went back on bc for a year. Started studing about Bc and realized that it is an aborcifant, I am very much pro life, so that was the end of that. We lost one 6 mon after coming of bc, then had 2 1/2 yrs of infertility. After my 2nd child was born, the babies have just kept coming. I have hyperemis which leaves me pretty much dead in the water for the first few months (it has gotten better with each pregnancy though). I also have had 4 c-sections. I have tried to have 3 natural births, but no go. So I really do not like being pregnant or the delivery, but love, love the babies.

Casondra ~Jesus Loving wife to Christopher, Momma to my c-section babies Calvin(9),Catherine(5),Carolynn(4)and Chloe(2) expecting a new one August 2013.
#71 of 132 Old 07-25-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Yeah, but I like to imagine that we could know, and I mean REALLY know, at the moment it happens.

Once, in all my babies, I did know. A very strange feeling. But really cool.

Guess I will have to just wait with you, though...
I KNOW. It's odd. But there's something different from pretty much the next day on. Which was super duper confusing with this baby because DH was not supposed to be able to make any babies... but the dr says since we did, we're probably able to have more. He can't say.

#72 of 132 Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 AM

I really consider myself QF. I have three children ds3,dd7, and dd9. I want to have more, more than that I just want whatever God wants for me!! However my husband is not on board with this plan. I'm praying for him. I truly believe leaving it to the Lord is the way. I have all types of weird reactions in the past when I've tried BC. I finally got to a point where I just will not do any. My husband is now scared to be initmate for the fear of getting pregnant. It is sad, I am trying to stay encourage and keep praying!
#73 of 132 Old 07-28-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonie716 View Post
I would love to join!

I am Casondra and I have been married to my wonderful husband for 9 yrs. We have 4 living children, and one with the Lord. Our journey has been long and tough. When were together we never wanted children, then 3yrs into it we thought it was time to try, went off Bc and got pregnant the first month, after him went back on bc for a year. Started studing about Bc and realized that it is an aborcifant, I am very much pro life, so that was the end of that. We lost one 6 mon after coming of bc, then had 2 1/2 yrs of infertility. After my 2nd child was born, the babies have just kept coming. I have hyperemis which leaves me pretty much dead in the water for the first few months (it has gotten better with each pregnancy though). I also have had 4 c-sections. I have tried to have 3 natural births, but no go. So I really do not like being pregnant or the delivery, but love, love the babies.
WELCOME! We are on another board together as well.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#74 of 132 Old 08-03-2010, 12:51 AM

I haven't been posting much lately. Im about 13 weeks along with our third child and this pregnancy has been so hard on me physically and emotionally. I have had terrible morning sickness that isn't going away, add that to taking care of two active toddlers (mine are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 now) and Im exhausted all the time. Its really testing me, I can't imagine having more children and going through this type of morning sickness again. I keep telling myself Heavenly Father doesn't give anyone more than they can handle but days like today leaves me wondering.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#75 of 132 Old 08-03-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
I haven't been posting much lately. Im about 13 weeks along with our third child and this pregnancy has been so hard on me physically and emotionally. I have had terrible morning sickness that isn't going away, add that to taking care of two active toddlers (mine are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 now) and Im exhausted all the time. Its really testing me, I can't imagine having more children and going through this type of morning sickness again. I keep telling myself Heavenly Father doesn't give anyone more than they can handle but days like today leaves me wondering.
s This too shall pass. I will be praying for you. I am about 6 weeks pregnant and feel sick and sleepy. I have a 6yo and 2.5...both are high energy kids!
I am totally going with the flow and resting in God's grace that I don't have to earn His love by striving. I even went to Trader Joe's and bought a bunch of premade/frozen/easy foods to get through this time. I was all worried about my kids feeling neglected but they seem very happy getting foods that they usually don't get and watching more cartoons than normally allowed. It is like a 6 week party for them since I usually feel unwell until about 12 weeks along

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#76 of 132 Old 08-05-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jays View Post
I really consider myself QF. I have three children ds3,dd7, and dd9. I want to have more, more than that I just want whatever God wants for me!! However my husband is not on board with this plan. I'm praying for him. I truly believe leaving it to the Lord is the way. I have all types of weird reactions in the past when I've tried BC. I finally got to a point where I just will not do any. My husband is now scared to be initmate for the fear of getting pregnant. It is sad, I am trying to stay encourage and keep praying!
This is us too. Except we are at 5 kids. I need to sit down with him to figure out what he wants to do.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#77 of 132 Old 08-05-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Just wanted to say that my 3rd pregnancy was worse than my first two, as well, and very difficult emotionally. I cried all the time -- I thought I was having a nervous breakdown. Now, I'm having my 4th and it has been a test of faith, but thankfully my kids are at different stages, a lot has happened in the last 3 years and this pregnancy has been a lot easier for several reasons (and only harder because of some fears I have...)
#78 of 132 Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 AM

You know my third pg was my hardest too. I cried all the time!!!! This time around has been much easier.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#79 of 132 Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:

I have been terribly sick with all 4 of my pregnancies. I have said to myself each time I am so nauseated that I can just not do this anymore. Then I have my sweet baby, and I forget how sick I was and then I am ready for more sweet babies. It seems to be one of those things like the pain of childbirth, God takes the pain and memory away so that we will continue to have more. I will be praying for you.

Casondra ~Jesus Loving wife to Christopher, Momma to my c-section babies Calvin(9),Catherine(5),Carolynn(4)and Chloe(2) expecting a new one August 2013.
#80 of 132 Old 08-08-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
I was all worried about my kids feeling neglected but they seem very happy getting foods that they usually don't get and watching more cartoons than normally allowed. It is like a 6 week party for them since I usually feel unwell until about 12 weeks along

#81 of 132 Old 09-27-2010, 07:04 PM

I wanted to jump back on here and see how everyone is doing as we move into autumn. I hope that everyone had a good summer!

Our update is that baby #3 is here He was born on his due date, September 8th at 2:27am, weighing 9lbs 5oz. Sweet baby Malachi His big brothers adore him

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#82 of 132 Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Congrats!

We are doing okay around here. Still praying for another baby. My hormones have been all whacked since my miscarriage, so it may be awhile yet.
#83 of 132 Old 09-28-2010, 05:19 PM

I'm doing good here. We had # 4 on Sept. 5th. Now we have two girls and two boys. The older kids just LOVE their baby sister. My oldest is 4 1/2 so I have all 4 kids home with me. I do my grocery shopping on Sundays or in the evenings when my husband is home to watch the older kids. She's been a good baby, but she does stay up later then I like. Before having her I was worried about how I would handle 4 kids, but it's been easier then I thought.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#84 of 132 Old 09-28-2010, 09:05 PM

Congrats Alison and 100%mom! So happy to hear of your blessing!

fruitfulmama-Hope you feel normal soon. Sorry for your loss s May God comfort and heal you. Miscarriages are hard in every way. Rest and take care.

I am 14-15 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child. I am coming out of the nausea but still sometimes throw up. Another mama on tis thread said that when you are in the middle of morning sickness you think you can't do it again but then you have the baby and it makes it all better The Lord teaches me so much through pregnancy--God's grace, perserverence, and patience mainly.

I have been feeling really emotional lately about children being seen as a burden or accident. I already had a (Christian) lady I barely know asked me if my pregnancy was "planned"...while I am holding my children. So many Christians think they are pro-life when they really just seem to be anti-abortion. Hopefully this is fine to post about but it has really been grieving me. Jesus loved and welcomed children and we/the Church need to reflect that.

I hope that everyone is enjoying God's everlasting love and presence of the Spirit today.

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#85 of 132 Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 PM

I'm almost 20 weeks with #3. Not finding out the sex. And since my cerclage has made it impossible to have "marital relations" I think DH is REALLY going to get that vasectomy some time after the LO is here. I'm trying to get him to wait... but I don't want to fight him. He really just wanted the 2 we've got. Though he was and is very excited for the new baby. I wanted LOTS of kids and he didn't. And since all he has to do it LOOK at me to get me pregnant... he is kind of afraid we'd have a dozen or 2. So I will always be QF at heart, but I have to defer to DH's wishes. And vasectomies fail... so if God wills us more children, we will still have them. I believe it. Congrats on people's new babies. fruitfulmama. I hope you return to a normal state of health soon.

#86 of 132 Old 09-29-2010, 12:55 PM

Mrs. Music-I would pray, pray, pray! My dh is not sure he still wants to be having children when he is 45 but he said he would never get a vasectomy because he knows my convictions are so strong and it would be very upsetting. Ask God to make your words sweet and his heart soft to talk more about it. Also, not to be inappropraite, but you could express physical love to him in different ways during this time DH's biggest fear is that he won't have special or alone times with me if we keep having kids so I make that a priority. Maybe if he thinks that your pregnancies are difficult you could still grow your family through adoption.

#87 of 132 Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 PM

Thanks for the support everyone. Its gotten ALOT better, Im still sick to my stomach but I can function again. My girls are much happier now that mommy is doing fun things again. Im glad most people's 3rd pregnancies are bad, makes me hope the 4th won't be so bad! Its funny, even though this pregnancy has been really rough on me DH and I are already talking about the 4th.. I guess im just a glutton for punishment. DH was looking at cars back in the states (we are unsure if we are moving or not) and decided to check out the price on a use 10-15 passanger van, when his co-workers asked why he said he didn't want to keep having to buy cars. I thought that was so funny!

DH just spent 3 weeks in Guam and came home with some of the most adorable baby outfits. We don't know the gender yet so he bought a couple for each gender. I don't know what Ill do with the wrong gender outfits but I think its cute he got them.

Ok, My kids are jumping up and down asking for breakfest (they woke up 2 minutes ago, these kids never stop eating.. if they are awake they have food/just had food/asking for food all day long) so Ill come back later to respond to people individually after breakfest... before the kids decided to "help" make breakfest again..

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#88 of 132 Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM

Wondering if I could join in?

This has really been on my heart lately. I don't feel comfortable with ever blocking life, even through NFP. Maybe I'll change my mind but right yet no.

We had difficulty conceiving DS I ended up taking one round of meds (after a year break from trying previous medical intervention) and put it in God's hands to either have a baby or go back to school. 2 years to the cycle of starting to try We conceived!! (We were married Dec 2nd, DS cycle started Dec 25th)

Dh kinda wanted to avoid after DS, I told him I wasn't comfortable and he said ok lets just see what happens.

HUGE surprise we became pregnant when DS was 7 1/2 months, I am breastfeeding and never had a return of a period.

I find myself doing the 'math' of how many kids we can have. Dh wants to stop having kids at 35, due to increased risks and just that we started when we were 26 (I'm only 27 now )

I talked to Dh last night about how I've been feeling and he said ok how about this after five we will consider how many more we want.

I think he'll be totally on board when we get there.

I'm excited to see what God has planned and so blessed to be having more after we were fearful of never having any. I don't see how I could ever prevent after that.

Oh and were already getting some negative comments, but I don't see those people in our lives much longer anyway.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#89 of 132 Old 09-30-2010, 09:27 PM

My divorce was finalized last week so I'm struggling thinking I may never have any more children. I told my mom I want at least 3 more (bringing my total to 6) and she said I was crazy, and "I hope you're living in Utah by then" which is ideally where I want to live, but still . . . she said I can't handle anymore, was really negative, etc. (I actually would love to have tons more children, not just 3!)

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#90 of 132 Old 10-02-2010, 02:13 AM

Hi everyone,
I've been reading QF board off and on before but wanted to chime in. (BTW, I love to read large family stories LOL... gives me lots of inspiration.)
I wanted to ask you guys question. Do you guys have a set age when you will stop trying to conceive (reasons due to old age, the health of the baby, etc) or set number of kids you want to have and be done by certain age? We are going for a #4 this time but I am 39. I feel old and I don't know if I'm being selfish trying to have more kids after well into 40s...
At this stage, I can see myself having 5 kids but I'm too chicken to have kids within 2 years age apart (also with child led weaning and everything)...
What are your thoughts? TIA

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page