~~~Quiverfull 2010 !!! ~~~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 132 Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies...  I have followed your thread for a long time now and want to ask some advice/help.  I am a working mom of two, raised Christian but my husband is agnostic.  I am quiverful in my heart but wasn't always so.  My husband is happy with two but I have always wanted more.  I love my career as well, so I know that realistically I couldn't just have as many babies as I want without giving that up, but I feel so wrong even contemplating birth control of any kind.  I have been praying my husband would change his heart but even that feels selfish... are we supposed to pray for God's will?  Or ours?  How can two people be so differing in opinion and both be "right" with God?  Also, my friends and family are all of the "have a couple of kids then get fixed" mindset, and only a couple of my friends are supportive of me even wanting a third.  I try to ignore the rest of them as I know it comes from their feelings of parenthood and not of how I am as a mom.  I adore my children, truly they (and my husband) are the best things that ever happened to me, and I just want a houseful.  Now, I am a bit older, so a houseful wouldn't happen, but I could see one or two more.  How do I resolve this with my husband?  His concerns are college funds, affordability, and our age and risk of problems with the babies.  (I am 40, he is 42)  We are pretty comfortable as long as we are smart with money, so I think his ideals for what we need to be able to afford are different from mine... 

Anyhow, sorry to ramble, but I could use advice and or prayers.  Thanks.

#122 of 132 Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 PM

Patches  I'm not typical quiverful so i may not be as helpful . personally the age factor would make me uneasy if it were me but i understand the want/need for more then 2.  

perhaps asking him to let god choose and user no birth control for the next .X amount of years.  you wont get a house of 15 if you only give a few years but you will likely get 1 Maybe 2 more if the gods will it. 3 kids isn't that much more $$ then 2. maybe that would be a good compromise? 

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#123 of 132 Old 02-26-2011, 02:46 PM

Thanks for answering, it seems like this thread isn't very active lately!  I suppose I could try that... he is a believer in fate at least, to a certain extent.  I know that I can't control how he feels about it, I just wondered how people deal when they disagree with how many babies to have... not just that, but whether to trust God or control the whole thing which I guess is our core issue with this.  

#124 of 132 Old 02-27-2011, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

There is a 2011 thread somewhere around here that may be more active.

As far as your question, I believe we are to be in submission to our husbands, though there are certain types of birth control that I would have to refuse (pm if you want cause I can't talk about them on here). I would keep praying and meditate on 1 Peter 3:1-2 which says " 1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives."

#125 of 132 Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 AM

Thx for the help. I stopped pestering DH about it and prayed prayed prayed. Then after doing that for a bit, I gently suggested that we just not try but not avoid, and see. He agreed! I can't believe it. He also agreed to check out an Episcopal church with me, which is another thing I have been praying about. Wow!
#126 of 132 Old 03-13-2011, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Wonderful!

#127 of 132 Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM

I searched for a 2011 thread, but didn't find it...someone let me know if I missed it!  We have 4 children so far.  10yo, 4yo, 2yo, 4months.  I have been quiverfull in my heart since my second baby was born!  Looking forward to chatting with other mamas!

Blessed mama to four, and expecting a boy in March 2013!!!!  chicken3.gif
homeschool.gif   cd.gif      fly-by-nursing1.gif

#128 of 132 Old 04-18-2011, 12:10 PM

welcome! 

i don't think there is a 2011 thread... its been pretty quite around here ;) 

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#129 of 132 Old 05-23-2011, 04:25 PM

Hello everyone! I am new to this site, but not new to online forums, I frequent Fertility friend, and baby center, and cafe mom etc... \

anyway... I Looked for the 2011 thread, but did not see one...

Hope to get to "know" some of you better!!

I am 26/almost 27, and together DH and I have 4 children. We had a tubal ligation done after our last in 09', but I developed post tubal ligation syndrome, and went for a reversal in march 2011. We are not TTC # 5!!!

=)

Meg-

Mom to 4 walking and 9 flying

TTC after TR

#130 of 132 Old 05-27-2011, 03:11 AM

Hi everyone whose just joined the group.
I'm heather. I have 3 children ages 4, 2 and 3 months. I've been married for 5 1/2 years to my husband. He's a marine and is deploying soon. I'm staying near inlaws until he gets back.

Conversations have been dead here for a bit let's see if we can liven this up. What is everyone's summer plans? Anyone doing anything exciting this summer?

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#131 of 132 Old 05-27-2011, 02:44 PM

Hi, I have 4 children. Girl - 5, Boy - 3, Boy - 2, and Girl - 8 1/2 months. My husband and I have been married for 7 years. I plan to spend as much time outside this summer as possible. :)

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#132 of 132 Old 05-29-2011, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

EVERYONE!!!  I STARTED A 2011 QUIVERFLL THREAD-------PLEASE POST THERE ;)

~SAMANTHA

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page