April Pagan circle... come join the fun! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
I am soo happy today! i just love all this sunshine! and the kids and i had a great day. we went to the beach, drove all they way to MA to go to TJ and sonic (lol YES i filled my kids up with junk! hahaha!) the whole trip we sang songs (the stereo is broken) from harry potter musical, and disney movies and greenday. made up limericks. it was just great.

so happy AND dh and i will be married 19 years! tomorrow!
Yay, happy anniversary!
Sounds like a wonderful trip with your kiddos. I love those kinds of days. When my ds and I were coming back from the OBX, we had an hour to kill in the early morning before the seafood store opened. We went to Jockey's Ridge and he got to run around in the sand for awhile, and also to the sound and he splashed in the water, and I got some great pix. I love watching my kid have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Mercury Retrograde is impacting communication between my son and I - or it might just be his puberty.
Keep me posted on the puberty front. I think my ds is in the very early stages. He's only 9!! But he's sleeping later and eating more and about 2 weeks ago, he came pointing at me (he was nekkid and I think he'd just got done...um...) and said "MOM! I think I'm growing a pubic hair!"
Egads.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#422 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 04:07 PM

Wow, at 9? Yikes. I know I started growing boobs when I was nine, but girls start earlier than boys. Puberty is such a b$%*&. I am not looking forward to it with DD, but since she's not quite 2, I suppose I have some time to go.

I'm looking forward to tonight...we're headed to Western MA for a night in a hotel, and then checking out Northampton tomorrow. There's a Tibetan restaurant we've been dying to go to for ages there. Then off to the ILs...whee! Of course it has to have a foreast for scattered showers, but ah well, what can you do?

I'd love to know where the planets are currently in my chart? How does one do that? That's something I've never been able to check out.

Come ponder with me about food!
#423 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Wow, at 9? Yikes. I know I started growing boobs when I was nine, but girls start earlier than boys. Puberty is such a b$%*&. I am not looking forward to it with DD, but since she's not quite 2, I suppose I have some time to go.
Yeah...nine. Yee-hah. Not! I'm glad he's not a girl, though. I don't want to butt heads with someone that is going through the same hormonal issues I am familiar with!
He's pretty mature, in lots of ways, and very immature in others. We've had lots of talks and he knows mostly what he's in for, in the next couple years. That doesn't stop him from being a snot, sometimes, though *sigh*

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#424 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 PM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dd1 is holding her own with the abx, but she is pretty touchy.... least little thing and she yells/cries/gets very emotional. Like, I put her ricotta next to her pancake and she got really upset that it wasn't ON the pancake. I think puberty is going to hit this house like a load of bricks.

So, there were more ticks at preschool AND a kiddo with chicken pox. Anyone know how cp hits 8mos? It seems the universe is still gettin' it's yahyahs out around here.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#425 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 05:11 PM

Happy Anniversary, Mamaofthree!

I read your post yesterday and have been going around singing "I gotta get back to Hogwarts!" all day....the Harry Potter Musical is just pure wonderfulness, one of the best creative things I came across last year. Thanks for reminding me!

Puberty -- I'm negotiating that with my daughter right now. So far, so good -- we've got a few years to go yet, though.

My 6 yr old son has had an unusually deep voice since birth -- his first yell was quite startling! He takes after his dad's side so I have an idea what's coming. I am imagining that when it breaks he will go proportionately lower and have maybe a deep bass. And he's going to be hairy, too. Someday, about 8 years from now, I expect that I will walk into the kitchen and there will be this tall manling with a stubbly chin, hairy legs and a hairy chest, and BO who sounds like James Earl Jones taking up the whole room. He'll be belching and washing down a platter of dagwoods with a gallon of milk and I will think "This - this is my itty-bitty baby?"

Hope L feels better soon, Clay. Yikes for the health issues at the preschool: bet you are feeling even better about the HS decision now. And the preschool admin is probably tearing their hair out about the potential of losing families over this stuff.

Have you told them your family isn't coming back next year? I haven't told my dd's school yet. I need to be filling out some registration forms for HS today, actually.
#426 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 PM

This is so weird. A kid that I used to teach (and babysit in the summer) is on fb. I just friended him.
He's now almost 21. And hot. And a talented artist. And I feel dirty.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#427 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 PM

homeschool vs preschool- they know we're homeschooling... they even took a look at the curric we had choosen! It's a little private waldorf/enki program the offers a 2day/week program for homeschoolers. Sort of a way to provide a social/peer group while leaving the homeschool element dominant? It's nice.

Anyway, they know we're not going to be there next year and that Ro will go to a "sister school" for at least a year. I do feel a bit bad since Laia does love the program. But we just can't afford two kiddos there, and it's just not Ro's speed yet. So....

We actually don't HAVE to report HS this year since technically dd1 would be in kindy. We need to report next year though. So I kind of see this as a freebie year.... we'll do 1st grade level stuff (which is where dd1 is) and then if HS is a total fail she'll go into 1st grade no harm no foul. I mean, kindy here is 25-30 kiddos, aged 4-5, in each room so it really wouldn't work for her. She'd act out and get labled, and that would stick. I think HS will be a good thing, but it's nice to have a sort of "risk free" year.

abx- she's doing ok, just a bit more emotional than normal and a bit more "bathroom urgency" than normal. We're upping her probiotics, and hopefully we'll make it through the next month more or less incident free.

dok-

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#428 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Keep me posted on the puberty front. I think my ds is in the very early stages. He's only 9!! But he's sleeping later and eating more and about 2 weeks ago, he came pointing at me (he was nekkid and I think he'd just got done...um...) and said "MOM! I think I'm growing a pubic hair!"
Egads.
well at least he feels comfortable talking to you obviously right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
So, there were more ticks at preschool AND a kiddo with chicken pox. Anyone know how cp hits 8mos? It seems the universe is still gettin' it's yahyahs out around here.
UGH! Quinn had the pox when he was under a year old (can't remember exactly how old he was, I'm a bad mom like that ) and I think due to my immunity, as he was still bf like a fiend , he had a reasonably mild case. It wasn't TOO miserable believe it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
This is so weird. A kid that I used to teach (and babysit in the summer) is on fb. I just friended him.
He's now almost 21. And hot. And a talented artist. And I feel dirty.
I hear ya... I used to be a home day care provider, about 20yrs ago (OMG *splat*) and I had a couple of really gorgeous little boys. I think seeing how they grew up might do my head in LOL.

Glad I didn't get booted from your fb

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#429 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 09:47 PM

Well... DS is 12, he eats like 2 grown men, his voice is already lower (still in the quirky sounds stage at moments ) and there is a darker shadow along his upper lip. I haven't seen him naked in years but hum... we had to talk about sticky undies in the morning.

Went to my eye exam today... need glasses... can't afford them... DH's insurance don't cover any glasses but his. DH don't understand how my prescription is twice the price of his (I need prism lenses+correction for hypermetropia) and well... I'll blame Mercury Retrograde for the drama. And I've been told that I'll need bifocals in a few years since I already show signs of presbyopia.

DD2 has perfect vision and perfectly healthy eyes!

Valérie   
#430 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Went to my eye exam today... need glasses... can't afford them...
I know what that's like. My health insurance doesn't include glasses. I need new glasses but I've been putting it off for many months. All the frames I like are so expensive! Plus, I need polarized lenses which adds $80-100 per pair (I need glasses for reading and for distance and I'm so not getting bifocals!)

I do know some people who buy their prescription glasses online but I just can't do it. I absolutely must try them on first.

I hope you can find some nice, inexpensive ones!

#431 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 PM

zenni opitical!! Google it, CHEAP rx glasses!!! I keep saying i"m going to order from there, but we have good vision ins. I only pay $25 for my glasses :/

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#432 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 11:08 PM

The cheapest frames where I go are over $100. The one I liked and was suitable for the kind of lenses I need is $135. Add prescription lenses+treatments and it's up to over $400.

I'll look at Zenni but do they make prism lenses?

Valérie   
#433 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 11:13 PM

I don't remember, I don't know what they are thought either.

I just use regular plastic lenses with the no scratch. I can get that 'Transitions' but I always turn it down.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#434 of 596 Old 04-21-2010, 11:38 PM

I just looked and they don't do prism... too bad.

I'll keep the name though... maybe DD1 could find something that she likes.

Valérie   
#435 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 09:14 AM

Happy Earth Day! We are spending the day at Greystone Nature Preserve visiting with friends and spending time with the Great Mother!

I hope everyone is well!

Glasses- I don't understand how insurance won't cover them. I used to go to walmart becuase it was the cheapest local place to do appts and get lenses. I still spent 100-150 on them though. *ugh* which is a lot.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#436 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 09:44 AM

Happy Earth Day! Although I'd love to be out in nature today, deer ticks are EVERYWHERE and so is Lyme.

How does one check for dark, tiny deer ticks in dark hair?! And I don't have anyone to check my hair today so that takes care of that.

Today will be grocery, laundry, and cleaning day.

#437 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 AM

Happy Earth Day!

DH's insurances are gradual: with the amount of hours registred, we have access to a number of things that are covered - x hours= x coverage. So, at our level, things like glasses, physiotherapy, massages, etc are only covered for the worker, not his family.

Oh well... I already needed glasses 4 years ago (but choose not to get them because I was breastfeeding and my vision could change with weaning) and I've function without so... The presbyopia is a new thing though. (and my glasses wouldn't correct that part for now)

Valérie   
#438 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 AM

Happy Earth Day to you all!

Breakfast, collage activity, outdoors with five kids, stringing a low clothesline and helping the tots hang laundry, off to the playground and bush for the balance of the morning, lunch...
better get going!
#439 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 AM

Happy day everyone! I'm coming back to check in, as I've been lurking quietly once again.

I'm wrestling with a tough topic for me which is happening on another forum here that I am super passionate about and would love to see change happen, but I'm putting waaaaaaaaaay too much energy out and into it that its starting to creep into being a bit out of control.

I hope get out and enjoy the sunshine today and hugs and love to everyone!!

re: glasses - I've heard good things about zenni as I'm blind as a bat and my usual script w/ frames goes for $350 (and that's with insurance!), I'm thinking next year I'll try them to see if its a better deal.

To all you mommas with growing boys - thank you for the heads up of what I get to expect in the next 6-10 years.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#440 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 12:00 PM

I totally LOVE my Zenni glasses. I get to get script sunglasses this year, and in no way feel guilty about needing my regular glasses and my craft/computer glasses. Can't do bifocals.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#441 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 PM

Happy Earth Day!!! I've been extremely busy this month and haven't had much time to post, so I hope everyone is doing well

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
#442 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 02:11 PM

Happy Earth Day!

We told the kids that it was Earth day, so they ran outside and told the earth. I guess they felt it didn't realize it was earth day and needed to be reminded.

When I asked them why they reminded mother earth that it was earth day, my dd says, "because you always forget stuff mom, so why wouldn't mother earth?" LOL!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#443 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 02:43 PM

It's such a lovely day!

#444 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 06:32 PM

We had a fun day today, went to work with dh! It was an Earth Day themed "bring your family to work" !! FUN!

#445 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 07:49 PM

i'll be back later to post more, but i just had to say, word to wise pagans who fly-- security told me that my tarot deck "reads" as explosives in their machine... it's a tight box shaped package of organic material...and here, i was blaming the homemade playdough for ds's bag always getting checked twice....

#446 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 08:13 PM

Aweyn- Lol! How interesting!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#447 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i'll be back later to post more, but i just had to say, word to wise pagans who fly-- security told me that my tarot deck "reads" as explosives in their machine... it's a tight box shaped package of organic material...and here, i was blaming the homemade playdough for ds's bag always getting checked twice....

Odd.. is it because it's not the size of a regular deck of cards I wonder? Totally odd

Earth day I have been totally not paying attention lately... got wrapped up in TM excitement.. and surrounding that has been school 'drama' so I completely forgot. Picnic lunch to enjoy outside today, since mother nature has been nice enough to give us our first blue sky day for well over a week!

Eyes.. I thankfully have good 'extras' insurance (which is stuff like eye, dental, chiro, massage,physio coverage) and I am GOING to get contact lenses this year! I need to buy a very good pair of sunnies as eye damage due to crappy little sunglass lenses is very common here. So picture me in a pair of gargantuan sunglasses with a ginormous straw hat (ala practical magic aunts ) working in my garden

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#448 of 596 Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 PM

I've been skimming through this thread and wanted to pop in and say hi! And give a big giant hug to those of you that are friends over on WWoW that I haven't seen for a while.

Maybe now that I've posted I'll be able to keep up with the thread for the rest of the month! lol!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#449 of 596 Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 AM

Awey- How interesting! Were they in your carry on?

#450 of 596 Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 AM

There's a cute little rabbit in our yard. We've had wild rabbits around for the past few years. Not sure if this is the same one. It's just adorable, though.

We are having a Ben 10 party today to celebrate the new series starting tonight. Our only guest has cancelled and I feel bad for Roo. Oh well. Maybe I'll get him a small Ben 10 toy to make up for it. And cupcakes. Ok, he doesn't eat cupcakes but I do. LOL.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page