April Pagan circle... come join the fun! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post

We are all sick and working ourselves to death getting the last of the stuff out of MIL's house before the closing on Thursday.
Wishing you well, mama!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#482 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 AM

Had a lovely weekend. Little League practice started for DP & DS (well me too ). Was our 10th wedding anniversary on Sunday. Didn't do much besides go out to breakfast and window shop. We'd already "exchanged gifts" 2 weeks ago when we got matching tattoos.

Alas, today is a rainy Monday after a tossy night's sleep. I just wanted to ignore the alarm and hide under the covers. But here I am at the office with my rarely done, second cup of coffee.

to all who need 'em.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#483 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

I posted a few weeks ago, about loving Penczak and The Witches Coin. I'm still finishing it (uusual for me to spend so long reading a book). I am reading a bit and thinking about it for a while. I will definitely be getting others by him when I am done. I want to read The Witches Shield next. And I'm debating whether to order the Temple series in paper or electronic form. Hoping I can get them from the library so I know what I would use them for.
I have not heard of The Witches Coin. I will have to check that out. But I LOVE his Temple books. They are great. And I have a friend who liked the Shield book a lot.

Love the flowers, Wombatclay. I need some climbing roses.

Sorry I've been scarce. Spring is always a time when I get super busy with something insane happening. Being pregnant again is really taking a toll on me, but I stop in to read here once in awhile.

Windown pagan-I'm not, surprisingly. I'm one of those get down and roll in the mud pagans that goes barefoot. As long as there aren't worms or snakes. I am absolutely phobic of them. I will climb a tree screeching if I see a worm. I know. I'm a freak. Someone who would try to cuddle a mountain lion can't even look at worms.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#484 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=gun;15338879]Hi all!

We are all sick and working ourselves to death getting the last of the stuff out of MIL's house before the closing on Thursday. I will be so happy when all of this is done. [QUOTE]

Feel better Heather!

Clay - love the climbing roses, those are beautiful! Beautiful words too.
Cari - Interesting video about 2 income households and the rat race to keep up with the Jones. Its hard to comprehend sometimes what we can live without and still be a-ok. I know I felt that way about giving up my car, but now meh its just a way of life and hey I've got my bike!

Unschoolin' - nice tats! and happy belated anniversary!

mamaof3 - happy belated anniversary too!

DOK - boo to allergies! are you and roo feeling better?

Window pagan vs. getting down & dirty in nature - I'm 50/50, I love to get out there mud between my toes, sun on my face, but then my practical side kicks in and wonders about ticks, sunburns and etc...
This weekend was a bust as it rained hard both days, but we had friends over for dinner on Saturday and made a yummy pesto rubbed chicken

Sunday was a sleepy day - literally, but I am feeling better and more rested than I have lately. I'm getting a bit twitchy about my TM as I have huge hole in the middle and I know something belongs there, but I'm just not sure what.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#485 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi Wolfcat, how're you feeling? I always get dates mixed up -- you're due in early May, right, not overdue from early April? Did that employee totally disappear?
I'm due tomorrow, but I feel soo much bigger then I did the first time.

The employee is apparently suing the company for sexual discrimination. It's such a load of crap.

My list of things to do for the week: finish taxes (yes, I got an extention), call OB for appointment, decide if I'm going to Lincoln for the weekend/Beltaine, take bug to dentist, figure out where bug is going next year (headstart, pre-school or both), laundry & shopping, and beginning to plan bug's b-day in two months...

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#486 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:20 AM

Congrats on the approaching due date, Wolfcat!

Just a quick question-is there some sort of crazy astrological thing right now with communication? Because it seems to be raining on me. Can't decide if I just have a kick-me sign on or if I can blame it on the planets.

#487 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
Had a lovely weekend. Little League practice started for DP & DS (well me too ). Was our 10th wedding anniversary on Sunday. Didn't do much besides go out to breakfast and window shop. We'd already "exchanged gifts" 2 weeks ago when we got matching tattoos.
Nice ink, and happy anniversary! Must know (unless it's TOO nosy) what's the significance of 143 in the tatts? DH & I would totally do matching tatts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Windown pagan-I'm not, surprisingly. I'm one of those get down and roll in the mud pagans that goes barefoot. As long as there aren't worms or snakes. I am absolutely phobic of them. I will climb a tree screeching if I see a worm. I know. I'm a freak. Someone who would try to cuddle a mountain lion can't even look at worms.
I love worms! And don't mind snakes.. as long as I am aware of their presence, When they surprise me though.. bets are off and I'm squeeling like a girl

I have had teh nicest weekend.. it was a 3day weekend here, due ot Anzac day (sorta like US memorial day). We totally cleaned the garage out, and bbq'd and had a picnic with the kids and just had a nice quiet weekend at home. We don't get to do that often

And today I played with my new, el cheapo but very effective, laminator! Want to know how to make this homeschoolin mama giddy? Give me cute games and montessori activities to laminate And I cut them all out while watching Braveheart (no it really didn't take that long for the cutting!) SInce I finished before the movie ended I got a start on my dreads I have 4 dready babies .. they're across the nape of my neck and I'm going to work my way up IF I can keep them from falling out

But now.. I best haul myself to bed. We have an art gallery workshop tomorrow around lunch, and the boys will want to have some time to play with their new 'stuff'

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#488 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Congrats on the approaching due date, Wolfcat!

Just a quick question-is there some sort of crazy astrological thing right now with communication? Because it seems to be raining on me. Can't decide if I just have a kick-me sign on or if I can blame it on the planets.
Thanks.

Saturn, Mercury and Pluto are all currently retrograde. Check this site.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#489 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 AM

Cari- Dreads, Braveheart, and laminator...oh my! Sounds like waaay too much fun if it were me. Love me some men and kilts and...laminating. Ok, that's a little weird, right? What montessori activitites did you get?

#490 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 12:47 PM

We have a blooming tulip!!!

It's going to snow tonight.

Ya, talk about jumping from a season to another in just a few hours.

My daughter is *ahem* patiently awaiting the Full Moon - I bought a kit of chakras' stones and we need to clear/clean and charge them before using them.

Valérie   
#491 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM

Cari, 143 is the pager code for I Love You... how is that for dating myself. Yes I fondly remember life before cell phones.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#492 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
We'd already "exchanged gifts" 2 weeks ago when we got matching tattoos.
Those are beautiful!

[QUOTE=_ktg_;15339846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
We are all sick and working ourselves to death getting the last of the stuff out of MIL's house before the closing on Thursday. I will be so happy when all of this is done.
I hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Sunday was a sleepy day - literally, but I am feeling better and more rested than I have lately. I'm getting a bit twitchy about my TM as I have huge hole in the middle and I know something belongs there, but I'm just not sure what.
A picture of yourself? That's what I put. I thought that's what you're supposed to put in the middle?
I posted on the TM thread, that I had a hole in mine, too. I found what goes there just today. Cross fingers for manifestation!

Quote:
Right? Is it a communication issue? Because M and I just had a big one. Not yelling-at-one-another big, but rather a lack-of for three days, and I just found out why. Not a big deal-- just a miscommunication, that would have been easier had I known from the start, kwim?
As in, you act this way, and I'm by nature going to act that way in response, but if you just act that way instead, it would head off me acting this way. Clear as mud, I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
DH & I would totally do matching tatts!

I got a start on my dreads I have 4 dready babies .. they're across the nape of my neck and I'm going to work my way up IF I can keep them from falling out
YAY, Cari, finally, you got started on some dreadies! Woohoo!

YES, on the matching tatts. M and I have agreed on ring ones, like on our ring fingers for wedding rings, but haven't decided on a design. This time when I go, we're just going to get our real rings engraved.

Quote:
Cari, 143 is the pager code for I Love You... how is that for dating myself. Yes I fondly remember life before cell phones.
I remember life before answering machines! And before VCRs, and cable TV. We were all so fascinated with HBO! I remember when Pong came out, too. I lived in a neighborhood where the kids got kicked out of the house after school, and didn't come back in till dinner time. I wish life could be like that for my kid.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#493 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 PM

It's a miscommunication. Someone took something I said on facebook way, way, way out of context and proportion and completely thought way too far into it and then made some very nasty comments. So that ended our friendship.

#494 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 06:58 PM

nice having our very own private reference librarian on-thread, isnt it?

clay, thanks for the bit about the power coming from being able to take the wild back to the city, and vice versa, so to speak. that really helps with that issue i'm musing on at the moment. so did the tadpoles to frogs analogy. i'd been thinking along the lines of the snake, and it wasnt quite working. frogs, on the other hand, that helped a lot!

chickens and ducks and fowl, ohmy! i think i've decided i'm a window farmer. i'd love to have cows.... to look at out the window. have that now, actually, and i lurve it. but i've mucked enough stalls in my day, thanks. dont need to go there again.

water love-- water loving libra here. two or more showers in an ideal day, plus a good hour in the pool, not to mention i love a babbling brook. larger murkier bodies of water, i could give a miss-- really still, deep lakes creep me out, but the shore at the ocean, a tropical waterfall, or a sparkling stream in the mountains.... ahhhhh.

mamaof3~ go with the cherry! i love cherry trees. pear you coulda grown back in hot hot land. cherry, cant. do cherry. very symbolic.

so, cari, are you making the shoes? wowza lady.

i bought myself a crochet thingie and some loverly pale blue organic cotton yarn.... must figure out something to do with it.....

i finally got some journaling time on my tm issue the other day, and had some wonderful thoughts on it, inspired in good part by the replies you lovelies wrote to me, and i tried to reply, but it sort of crumbled, lol... so, rest assured, i'm grateful for your help, if not entirely capable of making sense of it at the moment.

hugs and vibes and best wishes to all!
#495 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
It's a miscommunication. Someone took something I said on facebook way, way, way out of context and proportion and completely thought way too far into it and then made some very nasty comments. So that ended our friendship.
No no, I meant-- I wasn't being nosy on you. I meant does the 3 planets being in retrograde mean communication issues? Because I've been having them, too.

Aweyn-- Thanks, sweetie; between you and Tracy I think I got my TM ironed out. I hope.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#496 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
No no, I meant-- I wasn't being nosy on you. I meant does the 3 planets being in retrograde mean communication issues? Because I've been having them, too.
No problem. I know mercury retrograde tends to go along with communication issues. I read a little on Tracy's site earlier about it but had to leave. With how crazy this week has been, I was just kinda hoping it was a phase and would be over soon!

#497 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM

could be merc, could be pluto retro, too. worth a peek at your chart, if you're into that.... check what house capricorn is in in your chart, as that's where pluto is now.... that would be the kinds of issues on which pluto is wrecking its havoc.

speaking of, i think this was one thing in the post that didnt get re-edited/posted....

dh saw a bumpersticker the other day: "aw, let pluto be a planet!"

i'm loving the concept of the witches cottage and the balance of city/nature. my garden ideal tends towards the just-barely-controlled-wildness.... a sort of english cottage garden just about spilling over the fence. i've just always imagined it in a more rural setting than mine's gonna end up being. peace with that inevitability is growing on me....
#498 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM

and, in case my original mention of this was too... subtle...

anyone got any tips for getting started crocheting? something uber simple for the hook-frightened....

since it's decided it's winter here again, i need some cozy-by-the-fire activities, making the most of my rural existence while it lingers.....

i also have a super simple but really fun beading project lined up... i'll post about it when i've figured out how precisely to do it! lol goes nicely for those of us of the in-the-kitchen-with-a-book ilk.
#499 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
No problem. I know mercury retrograde tends to go along with communication issues.
So...I guess we miscommunicated? OK, OK, Mercury...'nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
check what house capricorn is in in your chart, as that's where pluto is now.... that would be the kinds of issues on which pluto is wrecking its havoc.
So this is what the free natal report site said:

Quote:
Capricorn on the 7th House Cusp
Capricorn is the business head of the zodiac, for it is the very opposite of the emotional Cancer. Given to clear ambition and practical insight and vision, this sign always takes a distanced perspective and a cool appraisal. Deliberate and painstaking, sometimes to the point of austerity, Capricorn loves work and the hard-earned results. Status and material reward are very important.
What does it mean?

#500 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 PM

I'm hoping communication issues caused by the planets goes away soon as my Dh is hoping for a phone call to set up an interview for the job he wants. Another good prospect needs its paperwork in by my birthday. So :

A friend of mine just told me she's pregnant, and I'd like to make a healthy pregnancy amulet with beads. I haven't beaded in so long, but I know she'd appreciate it. Any ideas as to what I should include?

Come ponder with me about food!
#501 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
That's how I'm feeling too!
I haven't been online in days! Naughty me, I'm not keeping up with you mamas.

Congrats on anniversaries, baby due dates, and I hope I didn't miss out on too much. Love the matching tattoos!

Last week while dh was out of town went by fast. And now I'm having a really hard time tuning back into our relationship. What's that about? I feel like I used to when he was in the Navy and it would take me a few days to readjust to him being home. This too shall pass...

aweyn: http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_5063_c...beginners.html
#502 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 PM

maia-- gah, that's no good. what you need to know is what does the 7th house mean.

here's one....
Quote:
SEVENTH HOUSE: This is the House of CO-OPERATION and OPPOSITION... how you relate in one-on-one partnerships....
how you relate to those who openly oppose you....
mooncircles full moon articles are up! i saw pluto mentioned.......

pg stones... mother of pearl, moonstone spring to mind......
#503 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
... And now I'm having a really hard time tuning back into our relationship. What's that about? ...

aweyn: http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_5063_c...beginners.html
you rock.

could be pluto..... could be age. i get more set in my ways more quickly than i used...
#504 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

aweynsayl: ahhh. good thinking! cherry it is!

ok, dh is sick AGAIN! i swear this man is sick all the time. sorta getting irritated by this. lol i know, not much sympathy here anymore. i did roast a chicken and stuffed it with garlic, fresh ginger, sage and onions. and tomorrow i will make a big pot of chicken noddle soup. the man must get better.

i went and bought more shrubbery today. lol last year we planted nothing, so i am making up for lost time.

i am dying to read something, but nothing sounds good. lol i am rereading "a reasonable life" which is great and inspiring, but... i don't know. maybe i will read the percy jackson books. ds#1 has been pestering me to read them for awhile now. lol

ok, must clean the kitchen now.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#505 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I should clean the kitchen too, mamaofthree. In a bit.

Hosted some family yesterday and it went well -- better than any family gathering I've hosted. I'm counting that as a TM manifestation, since I put a note in the envelope for special requests on my TM asking for some help with that. Or maybe it was all that rescue remedy, chased with Guinness

My ds2's preschool teacher did a lovely lesson for the children today on why people refer to the earth as our mother, earth-day related.

Now dh is away for 2 weeks, maybe three. It will get better in June, but we won't have him home much till then Boo.

Clay -- Giant slugs. Ew. Would those be like the kind I saw in Northern England? I'd get ducks too.

Am I the only one here who really doesn't care much for Piers Anthony? I've tried, really I have -- I have so many friends irl who also share fondness for the Discworld novels, Granny Weatherwax, etc. I guess not every author makes the re-read list.

On the continuum of Wilderness to Garden to Kitchen Table with Garden Book, I'm in the middle somewhere. I actually think I would be in the wild more, except that that has always felt indulgent. I worry about contributing to the destruction of the wilderness by spending time in it. Even taking only photos and leaving only footprints = the footprints add up, y'know? And the carbon debt incurred by driving/flying to the truly wild places. But I do hope to take my kids on a carefully-planned excursion to somewhere beautiful in the middle of nowhere, when they are a little older.

We were out all morning at the school playground, where there are a couple of acres of managed bush that the kids play at -- a wonderful resource. All of my kids have their own favorite spots - dd's "fort" under the branches of a pine tree, ds1's "place of peace" in a circle of young cottonwoods and ds3's "tree house", a branch that he can sit on. Me, I like the really big (for here) hollow tree. There is NEVER anyone else there -- it feels like we own the place. Once, we found a lovely old red sofa in the middle of the trees -- someone must have moved it there the night before during large item trash pickup. Very Narnia-like, actually, finding an incongruous urban thing in the "forest".

After a morning like this, I really want to go in hock to buy a parcel of bush somewhere so my kids can have acres and acres of favorite places. But is that selfish? Would they truly get more out of living in the middle of nowhere than they do out of our neighborhood park? Beyond the space of a backyard or cottage garden, does nature want to be owned, or shared, or left alone, really?

Maia -- you're pretty eloquent yourself on the subject of M, you know! I enjoy reading what you write about him, just as snippets about being happy in a relationship.

Mamaofthree -- congrats on your plantings! I believe it is never wasted to plant fruiting bushes and trees -- I know I bless the lady who planted the ones I'm enjoying the prime of now. I agree with aweyn about going with a cherry, because that spreads the fruiting season out, too, depending where you are. Cherries usually ripen before apples, right? Here they are more of an August fruit, and only sour ones grow here at all, but we are zone 3.

Val -- Namaste is a great name for a yoga monkey Glad you are having fun at the HS conference!

Koala -- thanks for the invite -- I will participate. Funny how much more woo-woo I've become since I first checked out WWoW. Maybe I'm ready to hang there more now. It is really cool that you are in communication with the author.

Cari -- Lamination is a big commitment for me...I'm glad you are enjoying your laminated activities though! And Braveheart. I've never watched it all the way through -- interruption, not will. I think you and ktg are right on about the two-income-trap and how much it is possible to do without if you are focused on family rather than material goals.

gun -- oh, that sounds crazy! I was hoping you'd have time to relax as a family when you got home, but I guess that is just how it goes! At least you have a firm deadline -- one way or another it's all over this week! Hope you feel better soon!

Indigo -- love the tats, and the significance

Kittywitty -- how are you feeling during this pg, so far? I'm sorry about that facebook miscommunication. I've been lying rather low on fb for a few days -- have deleted some statuses and posts that seemed likely to lead me to trouble. Feel like Mercury is ready to retrograde all over me there, for some reason...

wytchygrrl -- also cool that CP was at your house! keeping fingers crossed for your dh's job. Birthing stones -- red coral? the baby's potential birthstone?

Wolfcat -- You do sound busy. I'm sorry that the mess with the former employee is still ongoing -- hope the stress of that is not much on your personal radar. Will be waiting for an update when your babe arrives! And wishing your older little one a happy birthday.

aweyn -- I want to hear about that beading project!

Wishing you luck with the crochet. It is a lovely hobby, potentially lends itself well to a bit of improvisation and freehand. I bought a bunch of yarn to make a baby blanket for ds1. He's now six and I obviously am never going to make that blanket. I'm using the yarn up slowly, crocheting a lovely pastel cream/tan/pale blue slipcover for an ugly plastic bit of kid furniture. Then I'll get to start a new project.

Time to really get to that kitchen!
#506 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Kittywitty -- how are you feeling during this pg, so far? I'm sorry about that facebook miscommunication. I've been lying rather low on fb for a few days -- have deleted some statuses and posts that seemed likely to lead me to trouble. Feel like Mercury is ready to retrograde all over me there, for some reason...
I'm so stinking tired and queasy. Though it looks like *not* twins like my little red headed creepily-right-about-birth things daughter insists. But we heard the heart beat. This will mean I will have Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb babies. Didn't plan that one!

The thing about the fb status is that it was very vague and joking about wanting an In 'n Out burger around here. It just got weird and out of control by one person. Everyone else can't figure out what in the name of all that is holy I did wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post

i am dying to read something, but nothing sounds good. lol i am rereading "a reasonable life" which is great and inspiring, but... i don't know. maybe i will read the percy jackson books. ds#1 has been pestering me to read them for awhile now. lol
Outlander series? I am re-reading LOTR for like the thousandth time. I couldn't think of what to read while I waited for the second Outlander book to get here! Jane Austen is always a quick fix, as well.

Quote:
So...I guess we miscommunicated? OK, OK, Mercury...'nuff said

Quote:
could be merc, could be pluto retro, too. worth a peek at your chart, if you're into that.... check what house capricorn is in in your chart, as that's where pluto is now.... that would be the kinds of issues on which pluto is wrecking its havoc.

i'm loving the concept of the witches cottage and the balance of city/nature. my garden ideal tends towards the just-barely-controlled-wildness.... a sort of english cottage garden just about spilling over the fence. i've just always imagined it in a more rural setting than mine's gonna end up being. peace with that inevitability is growing on me....
LOVE the witches cottage idea. Visions of English cottages with roses and herbs pouring out. I love the house on Practical Magic, too. Dream house!!!

Astrology: this always super confuses me. I have Capricorn ascending. Is that bad? I'm still trying to learn everything besides basic astrology (i.e. I'm a Virgo therefore critical and super-insane and OCD ).

Totally confusing babel from cafeastrology:
Zodiac in degrees 0.00 /Placidus Orb:0
SunVirgo 3.05 /AscendantCapricorn12.27
MoonAries 9.21 /IIAquarius23.44
MercuryVirgo28.57 /IIIAries 4.28
VenusVirgo 0.22 R /IVTaurus 5.56
MarsLeo 8.30 /VGemini 0.01
JupiterSagittarius 2.18 /VIGemini20.53
SaturnScorpio 0.12 /VIICancer12.27
UranusSagittarius 5.09 /VIIILeo23.44
NeptuneSagittarius26.31 R /IXLibra 4.28
PlutoLibra27.25 /MidheavenScorpio 5.56
LilithAquarius18.06 /XISagittarius 0.01
Asc nodeGemini22.06 /XIISagittarius20.53

#507 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
maia-- gah, that's no good. what you need to know is what does the 7th house mean.

here's one....
I don't know what the 7th house means. I know that site told me that I have Capricorn on the 7th house cusp. Didn't you say where is Capricorn? What house is it in? That's my natal chart, at any rate. You mean where is it NOW? I have no idea. I'm so not astrological. It's so confusing to me I looked at that site, though, that you posted, and it's about communication with a partner, so what does it mean? Anyway, I hope it's over. That was a hard 3 days.

Quote:
could be age. i get more set in my ways more quickly than i used...
Oh, puh-leez, aweyn. You're what, barely 30-something? POW...right in the kisser... Old, my foot, sweet one. You're a mere babe

Quote:
Maia -- you're pretty eloquent yourself on the subject of M, you know! I enjoy reading what you write about him, just as snippets about being happy in a relationship.
Aww! That's sweet. We had the most awesome conversation tonight, actually. YAY. We usually do-- just, sometimes we need to adjust and learn. We've only been back together for 6 months, after all, with a 35-year break in between

How in the world did you respond to all of us without multi-quoting?? Wow.

#508 of 596 Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.pookapages.com/MagazinePage.htm

just in case anyone is interested!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#509 of 596 Old 04-27-2010, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Outlander series? I am re-reading LOTR for like the thousandth time. I couldn't think of what to read while I waited for the second Outlander book to get here! Jane Austen is always a quick fix, as well.
Glad you're doing ok -- hope the queasiness and exhaustion passes as soon as is consistent with you having a healthy babe.

I like the Outlander series, too. I can never re-read Jane Eyre too often. I think there are others, but I'd have to turn my lights on to stare at the bookcase and think about it, and that would wake the kids.

I have never seen Practical Magic, but I read the book. Lovely.

Quote:

How in the world did you respond to all of us without multi-quoting?? Wow.
I went low tech. Three pages is too much to multiquote so I got a pen, and wrote down usernames on the back of an envelope with one or two keywords so I'd remember what I wanted to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
http://www.pookapages.com/MagazinePage.htm

just in case anyone is interested!

h
Interested!
#510 of 596 Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 AM

I've dropped into lurker status. Just can't find time to actually post. these last 2 weeks I've barely had time to keep up with reading ya'll's posts (I love using double apostrophes. I'm actually a Georgia girl hanging out in Alaska). Thought I'd give a brief update:
-Return to work is going well. DD is going great at daycare. DS loves taking her up the the baby room for "baby school". I guess she's learning how to be a baby.
-DH decided to take a week off and be my "manny" while I'm at work in Delta Junction & Glennallen Alaska. We drove up yesterday. 350 miles was a bit too far for a 5 month old (yes she turned 5 months Friday) and a 2 year old, but we made it. It is wonderfully warm her (60 and sunny). The mosquitos erupted from the mud today. No biting yet though. DH harvested cottonwood buds for me today so I can make some "balm of gilead" and some pussy willows. Yeah!!
-Birds are migrating here now. (Double yeah. Gonna start eating those mosquitoes). Saw lots of migrating raptors yesterday on the drive as well as some caribou and moose and a hawk owl.
-Latest cute saying by DS: I was telling him that Wren is my daughter and he is my son (we were discussing other people's children and other people can have daughters). "I'm your son? Wren's the moon." Then he howled at her. He has also announced that "I'm a son, Wren's a star."

Best wishes for a wonderful last week of April. I can't wait for May!!

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page