April Pagan circle... come join the fun! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Hi all! Sorry to have skipped out for a few days! I have been a tad busy! We have a new daughter and she is doing fab! She us 15mo and lovely!

I am so happy for you and your family Congrats!!!!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
ok, i am in a mood today.
Hugs mama And to all of us in need of a break. I am in the same boat as many of you. We moved 5 years ago from Florida to NH and took a 40,000. pay cut to have a better life, but boy that cut was deep. Sometimes it gets to us how deep it was.

Quote:
to all of us. lol sometimes it just helps to unload it all. sorry you are my loading station. lol
That's what we are here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I am having HUGE motivation issues mamas...
Me too. It is a never ending issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
*ugh* Today must be one of those days. Can't talk about it online but I am feeling beaten down.
Hugs.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Hi all! Sorry to have skipped out for a few days! I have been a tad busy! We have a new daughter and she is doing fab! She us 15mo and lovely!
WOOOOHOOOO!!!

That is joyful news!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you and her and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I'm pestering my dh with unthinkable questions like, "What would we want from life if we didn't have kids?" and "Are these dreams we're chasing really "our" dreams, or someone else's ideas of what we should want?"
Those are some of the best questions to ask, I think. They make sure you are working towards what you *really* want. And as for positive financial affirmations, I found that using the words "enough money" seemed to make me feel like we were always just even, not ahead. Which really is what "enough" means to me. So the last year or so I have been using " I have plenty of money and resources for creativity." What that does for me is it makes me feel like "plenty" means there is more left over after all the financial responsibilities for some fun stuff. When I have spending money I want to spend it on fabric, beads, yarn- the creative stuff. My girls are old enough now too to want those kinds of thing for play. And I really like how the "resources for creativity" means the financial means as well as inspiration to me.

I hope I get more done today than I did yesterday. I want to take some things in to Goodwill, and do more cleaning/decluttering. Yesterday got sidelined when my sister woke up with vertigo. She has some inner ear thing that causes it occasionally, and it really incapacitates her. So I did some cleaning and decluttering for her, then we sat on the couch and watched New Moon.

Mary- did I see that you are making Kombucha? My sister started making it a couple months ago. I love it! She flavors hers with fruit and it it delicious. ( in a fantastic and gross vinegary way!)

mamaofthree- may you get some more sleep soon

Valerie-
Old 04-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Morning ladies!
s valerie! I'm feeling a bit unsure with the upcoming TM period with wants, needs, desires too. I'm trying to just keep my head down and declutter and keep an open mind to accept whatever is set before me. I know the ugh though.

Hugs and energy to everyone who needs it right now. Aches & pains are no fun!

I'm thinking of laying low the next couple of days to continue to focus on decluttering, as all my emotions are just up & down all the time this week. I just got my haircut after a year of letting it just go and not paying attention and that felt amazing! I'm going to try and clear out my office space of the bunches of paper I have and try to figure out how to maintain my sanity in a job I do not want to be in anymore. I'm scared to make any moves right now with the great big pluto influence as I picture it as it may result in going out in a huge flaming mess and so then I can be reborn into a new career. That's just not a great thing with this economic climate.

to everyone and probably be back in a couple of days!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 04-07-2010, 02:22 PM

Heather- huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah
Congrats! She is adorable and I hope you all find blessings of joy and balance as you grow together!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And you know what everyone? We deserve huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah too! Yay for us! Yay for our dreams! Yay for us working and striving and finding and manifesting and birthing and dying and growing and finding and dancing and singing and crying and hoping and praying and giving and taking and trying so very very hard, every minute of every day and long into the night. Yay for all of us bringing beauty into being, even when it feels like the universe is against us. A word of beauty to a partner, a hand of beauty to a child, a wish of beauty to the tree in the yard, a prayer of beauty to the cranky person in line behind us, a song of beauty humming in the back of the brain while washing the dishes, a thought of beauty brought into being.

We rock. We really do.

huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah to us all!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 04-07-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Congrats Heather!!!!! She's so sweet and beautiful!

Well things looked up for us today. Book money is pending in our account and it should be coming through soon! It is something that will help us in so many ways.

I want to thank all my true friends as well. I was feeling down last night, questioning and thanking those that have stuck around and put up with me as I know I'm not all that great to be friends with. It was nice to know that people cared for me as who I am, even when it's not always puppy dogs and butterflies.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Heather- huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah
Congrats! She is adorable and I hope you all find blessings of joy and balance as you grow together!

And you know what everyone? We deserve huzzah huzzah huzzah huzzah too! Yay for us! Yay for our dreams! Yay for us working and striving and finding and manifesting and birthing and dying and growing and finding and dancing and singing and crying and hoping and praying and giving and taking and trying so very very hard, every minute of every day and long into the night. Yay for all of us bringing beauty into being, even when it feels like the universe is against us. A word of beauty to a partner, a hand of beauty to a child, a wish of beauty to the tree in the yard, a prayer of beauty to the cranky person in line behind us, a song of beauty humming in the back of the brain while washing the dishes, a thought of beauty brought into being.

We rock. We really do.

thank you!
dh just got home (it is his half day) with news that the hospital we both work at is in financial crisis and that his job is possibly in jeopardy, although they are not planning on letting anyone go. and then i was cancelled. although they won't fire me, they don't have to use me. it won't be long before we can get food stamps. lol
i gotta keep those dream alive and keep that song playing.
i did tell dh that he is no longer allowed to tell me bad news. i can't deal with it anymore.

and i feel like when i put out into the universe that i wanted to move someplace with 4 seasons and i wanted us, as a family, to spend more time together... i forgot to add that we could financially make it. i just assumed it. i didn't realize i needed a clause. here we are in beautiful midcoast maine, lovely weather, 4 amazing seasons, a nice house (that needs some work), we spend alot of time together, and we are broke. and i am stressed, and i am lonely, and i am scared alot of the time. i feel like my song is going away.
ok, another emotional day. i need some sort of mood stabilizer.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 04-07-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:

We rock. We really do.

I just broke down and cried at my desk when reading this.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i really want your gut feelings and intuitions about the wisdom of doing a TM while things are so so up in the air and inside out and upheaval-y in my life right now. i can not think straight for more than 3 minutes in a row, so i am not sure if i'm scared of what i'd bring on myself (especially given how last year's map seems to have sent us on basically a wild goose chase, lol)... or if i'm worried about setting in action some manifesting i dont *really* intend, but "ask for" out of sheer desperation (or something)...... i need some guidance. and i am not one to typically ask for that.......
I posted in the TM thread, aweyn, but I think you ought to do a map. And I think you ought to get really "selfish" with it. I put that word in quotes because it's always assumed to be such a bad word, when really it isn't. Take care of your-SELF. Put lots of images on there about self-care, and peace and harmony and fuzzy-wuzzy love and not so many Things, maybe? Hugs, mama
Call me, btw. I have something I want to ask you. Do you still have my #?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
TM and desires/issues: I'm trying not to let my mind take the lead - mapping for me is really an intuitive process. I try to let the images and the words pop at me instead of looking for things to fit my ideas...

I think grounding yourself before begining (even before going out to get magazines), keeping the ground through all the process (drinking water, breathing exercices, feeling rooted, candle or incense,...)
Yes, about letting the images pop out. I have to totally shift my focus, when looking thru mags, to not read the articles and the words as what they are meant to be, but just let my focus get kind of fuzzy and just see the images for what they are. It's really hard, because we are trained that mags are for reading and the images are secondary!

As for grounding and all...I always cast circle and do my map in magickal space. I of course include my whole house and property in the circle, so it stays open for 3-1/2 days or whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Maia - cha-ching! Wow I would love if that easter bunny stopped by my house!!
Right? I was like...where's mine? DS has more money than I do, now *sigh*

Quote:
now, where the bleep is cari?????? freaking me out. and where's maia????
Aww, I was missed
I'm here! I know I posted when I was at my mom's! We drove back home yesterday. It's a 7-1/2 hour drive if you don't stop at all. It took me 8 hours and that with a 45m or more stop at Golden Corral
I was whipped when I got home. I was utterly beat. But I stopped at the beach where we used to live, and got to hang with an old friend that I've hardly seen since we moved to the mountains. We had such an awesome time. I've hardly spoken to this woman in 7 years...but it's one of those great friendships where it's like you saw each other just yesterday And now I found out she's on the TM thread

Quote:
Shadowmoon- totally forgot, but dd1 is obsessed with giraffes this past week! She made a paper model on her own (she re-tweaked it after we visited the San Diego Wild Animal Park/Zoo page) and has been badgering DH to help her build a robotic giraffe. She actually did make a giraffe out of knex yesterday but it's "not big enough".
http://video.google.com/videosearch?...q=the+giraffe#

M sent that to me, ages ago

Quote:
i hung out at the beach then got cookies at a bakery. but i am just SICK TO DEATH of taking care of everything at home. i am sick of doing the laundry, the dishes, cleaning up all damn day long, and i am tired of doing all the cooking. blaaah. the bathrooms need to be cleaned, the house needs to be straighted up... i just don't want to do it AGAIN! agh! i feel all full of angst.

ok i am done, just feeling a bit overwhelmed. i hate when getting a cookie at the bakery stresses me out this much. i want to enjoy the damn cookie! lol
Yes. That. Totally. I so, so relate, mama! M is amazed at me knowing I am "on" 24/7 and that I have been The Only Parent since practically day one...but srsly, I'm sure that having a partner just has a whole different set of issues
Srsly, though. Hugs. I have told DS I don't know how many countless times, when he b*tches about doing chores, that I am going to go on strike and see how he likes it. He's only 9, so I'm sure he'd really feel it if I stopped cooking or doing laundry or cleaning or doing dishes or driving him places.
Hang in there

Quote:
*ugh* Today must be one of those days. Can't talk about it online but I am feeling beaten down.

It really seems like we, the collective we, need to gather together and work some magic and lighten our collective stress. *hugs* to all. Maybe we need a mini online vacation, like when we had the birthday ball?
YES! My birthday bash. Wasn't that fun? Let's have a virtual Beltaine feast and camp-out! I'll bring cake! I also have a good yard for a bonfire!

Hey, though, we aren't going to PSG this year. Was thinking of having a Solstice campout in my yard, a smallish one. Do any of you live near me so I can invite you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I'm having trouble with the language of it. I don't think wanting a balanced budget (which has been elusive here too, lately) or means to pay my debts is enough. Being debt-free sounds too tied to the idea of debt.
Last year I found a thing that said "Budgets are the new black" and other things like that, for my map. I'm actually working it, somewhat! I have to find something like that for this year's. I had the same issue, not wanting to put the word "debt" out there.

Quote:
Wow, yay! That was fast! Do tell all! What's her name? Post pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Mary- did I see that you are making Kombucha? My sister started making it a couple months ago. I love it!
I think I must be the only one I know that thinks that stuff is :Puke gross! I think it tastes like something that got left out on the counter for a week and went bad. Everybody I know laughs at me, the faces I make when I keep trying to like it. Then my housemate started making it at home, when she lived here, and it looked so much like a brain in a jar that I will NEVAH try that stuff again!!
Glad it works for other people, though

Quote:
And you know what everyone? We deserve huzzah too! Yay for us! Yay for our dreams! Yay for us working and striving and finding and manifesting and birthing and dying and growing and finding and dancing and singing and crying and hoping and praying and giving and taking and trying so very very hard, every minute of every day and long into the night. Yay for all of us bringing beauty into being, even when it feels like the universe is against us. A word of beauty to a partner, a hand of beauty to a child, a wish of beauty to the tree in the yard, a prayer of beauty to the cranky person in line behind us, a song of beauty humming in the back of the brain while washing the dishes, a thought of beauty brought into being.

We rock. We really do.
Yes, Clay, exactly that! Thank you for the reminder! YAY!

Quote:
and i feel like when i put out into the universe that i wanted to move someplace with 4 seasons and i wanted us, as a family, to spend more time together... i forgot to add that we could financially make it. i just assumed it. i didn't realize i needed a clause.
Don't you just hate that? After 9 years of raising a kid, you'd think I wouldn't need disclaimers with him, but I do. You'd think if the Universe were so much bigger and more powerful than my 9yo, I wouldn't have to put disclaimers on requests from It!! Argh.

Getting lots done today, with lots of "rest" time on here, too. Got 3 loads of laundry hanging outside in the 80* sunshine, got my flannel sheets off (finally) and the summer ones on, the comforter in the laundry, working on switching out my son's winter clothing with the summer stuff, then working on mine. Decluttering it all in the meanwhile. Came home from my mom's and almost didn't recognize my house...I didn't think I'd decluttered that much, but apparently it's enough to have made a difference!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 04-07-2010, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

clay: how are you feeling? is that pain gone?

unschoolin': yeah on the money.

so while i was wallowing in self pitty, i got the new "World Ark" from Heifer. That is always a good wake up call for me. makes me remember to count my blessing, put things into perspective. and so there is the quote: "Sister, don't cry. Everyone in this world has a reason to live, so there is one for you. Everyone who is in pain and is hopeless has her share of happiness and hope somewhere in the world. And if you want, I will help you find that hope and be happy again" Jirouna, Nepal. This has to do with this group of women who started a co-op and just really helped each other out. anyway... i thought, i am very blessed, and just because every single moment isn't sunshine and kittens doesn't mean that it is all bad. i guess what i need to do more often is go look at my own blog. lol i was looking thru it and i just see what we have here, my health happy kids, and truly that is a blessing. i still have hopes, dreams. they don't have to wait. i can do them. and heck if worse comes to worse i will have to ask my folks for a loan. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 04-07-2010, 05:34 PM

I too think kombucha is gross, and I really don't want to as I'm trying to eat more TF, but...I can't stand it.

What a beautiful day though! DD is sleeping though, so we're inside for now.

gun, congrats on the babe!! that's so wonderful!

Oh, so for the few of you who are my FB friends, I have pics of my DD up as a fairy. My friend at the pagan shop made her a gorgeous fairy costume and took pics of her in it. She wants to use them to advertise the shop, LOL. So anyway...my profile is pretty private because of some weirdo issues, but if you want to see...pm me

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

kombucha: lol. i made some, YUCK! maybe it was just that maybe i messed it up, i don't know. but dh thought i was trying to kill all of us. lol i have thought about buying some to see if maybe it was just mine, but i am scared to waste the money. lol

h

Old 04-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Okay...I thought this would put smiles on faces!

These are my rocker kids...dd with pink hair and ds with blue mohawk!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gdss/005-1.jpg

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM

LOVE IT!!!

Whew, my kitchen is CLEAN. And I"m totally kicking myself. I have meat in the fridge that is either trash or needs to be used. We're leaving tomorrow for 3 days. I'm so annoyed that I forgot about it last night. I had intended on having pizza because I didn't want anymore dirty dishes! ARG!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 04-07-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
I have meat in the fridge that is either trash or needs to be used. We're leaving tomorrow for 3 days. I'm so annoyed that I forgot about it last night. I had intended on having pizza because I didn't want anymore dirty dishes! ARG!!
Cook it up and then freeze it. Maybe in little teeny pieces. At least you'll be able to use it when you get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Aww! How cute!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 04-07-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Okay...I thought this would put smiles on faces!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gdss/005-1.jpg
Cool kids!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

unschoolin' : i love it!

so the kids are outside playing in a warm spring rain. the windows are open doors open, ahhh. sometimes you just need to air it all out i think.

h

Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 PM

It was so humid today, but the kids went out back...AFTER i put sunblock on their faces. I didn't do it yesterday and both came in with hot, red, swollen cheeks. My kids are lighter in complexion so they burn easier than dh and I.

Today was better, though they still got a bit red, it wasn't as bad. Now it's cooling, though like you momofthree I am seriously hoping for a nice spring rain. I love the smell of spring rain, but not as much as the beauty of summer storms! Can't wait for those!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

does Delaware get good summer storms?
there is nothing like a good monsoon in the desert. i do so miss those rains. todays rain reminded me of that, just smelled so good, fresh, wet.
today is ending much better then it started. maybe tomorrow will be even better.

h

Old 04-07-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I am having HUGE motivation issues mamas...
*there* you are! did you see the post i made at the end of march for you? i've been missing you like mad, sweet one. sending you some bright and happy!

Quote:
It really seems like we, the collective we, need to gather together and work some magic and lighten our collective stress. *hugs* to all. Maybe we need a mini online vacation, like when we had the birthday ball?
yes, but can we do it NOW, like, before TM time? probably something warm and sunny? beach party?

Quote:
Come on TM, mama needs a new everything.
yep. so true.

Quote:
oh, congrats!!! new home, new babe. ahhhh. i'm so so so happy for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I hate being so in-tune with the stars/planets... I'd like to be able to do as the scientifics and ditch Pluto...
pluto is the one who breaks things so you can start fresh, yes?
so says i: "OK! i'm broken! can i start fresh now?"

Quote:
i am not sure what i want to ask for, because when we did that before i don't feel like i was specific enough and left so much open and now we are in the middle of something that feels overwhelming and i am just so tired of it.
<nods, yep. hugs.>

Quote:
GA good friend cheered me up last night and reminded me that I have so many true friends, I don't need other friends.
i've been feeling that way 'bout you lot. <hugs>

Quote:
... I ordered a set of prayer flags from an etsy shop. I have attempted to make my own several times but they never seem to look nice.
ahhh, i should do that! remember mine from camp? they never quite seemed "finished." which ones did you get? me wanna see!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
I posted in the TM thread, aweyn, but I think you ought to do a map. And I think you ought to get really "selfish" with it. ...

Call me, btw. I have something I want to ask you. Do you still have my #?

...Aww, I was missed
i saw that, hon. thank you so much for that. yep. i've kinda gone on a great big kick of deciding i'm going to be selfish.
pm me yer # and i'll call ya! when's good?
& heck yeah! i miss you when you dont post for 5 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
... but it's one of those great friendships where it's like you saw each other just yesterday And now I found out she's on the TM thread
...Was thinking of having a Solstice campout in my yard, a smallish one. Do any of you live near me so I can invite you?
i saw that! so so awesome!!!
ohh, you know visiting you is on my list! soon. soon. life's too short.

~~~ i need some guidance, support, advice, wisdom, insight.... about moms.
i know we've talked about this one before, but i need a fresh take. basically, my mom's decided that she's not going to "be there" emotionally for me anymore, which, really, she's never been the most emotionally nurturing person, so it shouldnt be too much of a shock to me, except that i was really feeling like i "needed" some.... mothering... nurturing... soothing.... so her sudden denial of me is forcing me to do what i ought to have done ages ago, and (in her words) "grow up" ... and go get me some nurturing and support myself.... from ME.

~i'm looking into some flower remedies to help me, some aromatherapy... any advice in either of those areas is appreciated...
~i'll be focusing on my solar plexus, chakraly (new word, yep. gotta have it)... though i've never found a great sp stone, so any suggestions there would be loverly....
~basically, anything to help create a nourishing, nurturing environment for my self (and yes, this will be on my TM, but i'm starting NOW.).....

any and all suggestions, musings, etc, welcome!

now, let's go have a virtual holiday!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 PM

i'm not saying we cant do one for earth day or beltaine, but we need one now, before TM!

i'm picking a nice blue-green for this one...

not everyone has the same ideas when it comes to the ideal beachy break, so the magical island resort we're going to has all sorts of options....

some of mine-- add yours!

warm, but not too hot, sunny, but with some clouds for a break, lush and green but not tooo humid......

yoga on the beach, a swim up bar in the pool, a great library to read in, thai massage, room service, a fun and vibrant bar on the beach for food and music and dancing, flowers on our pillows....

pick out swim suits, sarongs, hats, whatever suits ya!

eta: i'm wearing a yellow hibiscus in my hair. it's helping my solar plexus. ;-)

i'm going right for the mango margaritas, chips and guac.

(the resort, btw, has awesome child care......)

you all have seriously lifted me when i've needed it like never before. thank you. thank you. thank you. i wish i could take you to a real resort. or at least out for posh coffee!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
Old 04-08-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
*there* you are! did you see the post i made at the end of march for you? i've been missing you like mad, sweet one. sending you some bright and happy!
Yep, I'm here My motivational issue seems to have even affected my keeping up on HERE.. which has been unheard of for what.. a couple of years at LEAST! Bright and happy would be nice, miss you too! Good to see you popping in so we can help you perk up a bit

Quote:
~~~ i need some guidance, support, advice, wisdom, insight.... about moms.
i know we've talked about this one before, but i need a fresh take. basically, my mom's decided that she's not going to "be there" emotionally for me anymore, which, really, she's never been the most emotionally nurturing person, so it shouldnt be too much of a shock to me, except that i was really feeling like i "needed" some.... mothering... nurturing... soothing.... so her sudden denial of me is forcing me to do what i ought to have done ages ago, and (in her words) "grow up" ... and go get me some nurturing and support myself.... from ME.
Wow.. big ole fail on mom's part. My mom was much the same, although we never discussed it really... she just didn't get into any emotional conversations or what not. She backed away. I guess I got used to that early on and it never really changed until right before she died... and then it was only a start that never really got finished. I wish I had some flash advice.. but I think that you are at least on the right track with your ideas

Quote:
now, let's go have a virtual holiday!!!
OMG I'd be SO down for that. You can have your tropical beaches I'll take a nice winter getaway myself. DH has always raved about how wonderful Queenstown NZ was (he grew up there) so I think we'd rent a holiday home on Lake Wakatipu. Lots of snuggling by a roaring fire, drinking of posh coffees and eating of comforting wintry foods!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 04-08-2010, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

i am all for the tropical holiday... so very done with winter. lol

h

Old 04-08-2010, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have to get some sleep tonight. Migraine, the pain has faded with meds, but I am so tired...so this won't be as long as I would want

Quote:

Right back at you, Clay. You're magic, you really are - hope you know that! I read your post and right after a knock at the door -- the Clarity necklace arrived in the mail. It's beautiful and I've sure been needing some of that! (And after that rather inauspicious sendoff, an arrival to the echo of your huzzahs was very lovely, indeed.)

Hugs mamaofthree, aweyn, Cari, unschooling - heck - everybody!

Hooray for little girls in fairy costumes and little girls and boys with rockin' hair!

Nothing quite sucks like feeling insufficiently mothered, aweyn, I'm so sorry. I think that's a root and heart chakra thing together.

I made a solar plexus necklace with tigers eye and citrine beads in it that I've been wearing while I do my taxes. It seems to be helping my motivation for the task, but I can't help feeling that it is just too orangy brown and there should be brighter yellows and golds?

Bright and happy to everyone!

I am *so* there for a beach party. My daughter is still in Hawaii -- someone asked if I was jealous of my daughter getting to go there, and I looked at her like she had multiple heads, because I'm actually extremely jealous of Hawaii for getting to have my dd for two weeks.....but now that I think of it....a resort with good childcare, you say, where I could have fun with friends all day and actually sleep at night with all my family under one (grass hut on the beach) roof? Wow. I'll be back for that!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

i just found a childbirth education class for nurses! yeah! i am so happy. and they have a distance program for lactation educators (something to do on your way to lactation consultant.) i am thinking i might ask my parents to pay for the class and pay them back when i can. there is a workshop in october in MA. so it is like a 2 hour drive from my house, and it is just 2 day workshop. (i have stuff to do prior to the workshop at home.) and i looked into birthing from within and i am hoping hey have something close to me next year. i might contact them and suggest maybe boston or something. feeling good.

h

Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
i am all for the tropical holiday... so very done with winter. lol

h
Well, we've had 'summer' (for all practical intents & purposes) since the start of October... so even beautiful blue skies and warm days (ok hot as hades days lol) get old after THAT long!

I made myself a to do list for the day.. so far I did 2 loads of laundry & hung them out on the line, folded & put away towels AND undertook the ginormous task of cleaning the rat cage GEEZ three bachelor rats are about as feral as 3 bachelor men would be living together!! Still to do (with DH's help sweep & vac the floors except in the bedrooms, get laundry in/fold/put away, and work on our room a bit. Our room has gone back to feeling like a neglected storage space and I'm suspicious that it might have a bit to do with my sleep issues at the moment. Cluttered room = cluttered mind as I go to bed! I want my room to be as clean & clutter free by TM day as possible as that is where I hang my map. This years map is surrounded by crap NOT the best environment for manifesting great stuff in my life.. if I could even SEE the whole map!

It is also payday/billday... and I paid the evil power bill. And am pleasantly surprised that the budget is NOT as bad as I thought (and yep, I went down the list to make sure I missed nothing!) I have been REALLY working on my 'stinkin thinkin' about money lately.. retraining myself from stressing about it. It seems to be working as I'm less stressed, and more confident that it will all work out where $ is concerned.

I'm doing little things like shopping for groceries by the week, instead of fortnightly. I used to be worried about doing that as I was afraid there would not be any $$ for the 2nd week so I'd try to do it all at once. I've actually found I'm spending LESS this way?!?

anyway, back to my decluttering efforts! I think it's helping declutter my mind as I'm feeling a little more motivated alread

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 04-08-2010, 09:58 AM

Disregard this post.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 AM

Just flew in! After a checking in and getting changed into a cute sundress, in a beautiful muted orange, I grab my shades and head down to the dinner buffet. At the buffet there is fresh pineapple, mangos and watermelon with loaded baked taters (make your own), local grass fed beef, couscous, fresh cucumber and tomato salad, salad, bbq tofu (homemade) and loads of desserts.

Aweyn waves me over to the table where all the ladies have gathered with drinks and food.

As I walk over to the table I notice the sun is just starting to set. Maybe a midnight swim is in order?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 AM

DOK- hope he doesn't need a shot.

Aubergine- hope you are feeling better this morning!

Aweyn- no words dear, that totally sucks- my mOm is not the total squishy, comforting type but she will empathize. *hugs*

Mamaofthree- good news!

Clay- Awe, that helped to lift my spirits!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

User Tag List