April Pagan circle... come join the fun! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DVDs for me? I dream of the day! Right now Blue's Clues is keeping the girls amused while I sort paper in the kitchen and Tor.... hmmmm... Tor is eating crumbs off the kitchen floor.

I'm gonna go now...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 03:30 PM

So the car is FINE! I need to get a hose replaced, coolent just topped off, and had my windshield was on backwards (blush)...too a little over an hour and cost under $130 for everything! I love my mechanic.

I bought my ferret baby girl a ferret dress. She's so cute in it. ds's bright blue guitar came in today and I was able to get it and sneak it into the house before he saw it.

Dh bought himself DJ Hero and I know it's wrong but he's awful at it! LOL! But because of his awfulness the kids are cracking up which makes me smile. I spent under $100 on groceries and decided that peanut butter/chocolate is going to turn into a peanut butter/ chocolate cheesecake!

I have eaten at all yet and I've been out since 7am. I came home to do that and some schoolwork and then I'm back out to get the balloons, candles, and make my tatoo appointment. Then I should be done for the day!

Hope all is having a good one.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#183 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 03:46 PM

I have mega pms. Seriously nasty pms. Sorry for not posting more replies to people's posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
DoK: did you ever here about that other apartment?
That must have been some time ago because I can't remember which one you're talking about.
I haven't looked into any apartments lately. Not going to do unless my mom says she's DEFINITELY moving back to New England.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#184 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Tainted Love is my "must dance" song.
... How cliche, to have a crush on the mailman Must be the headache remedies getting to me.
i heard your song last night and thought of you! i cant think of mine.... something early 80s most likely, lol....
i used to have a crush on the UPS guy.

Quote:
..... And definitely, yurts on the beach!
yurts~love them! would love to live somewhere they'd be pleasing.... everywhere we go is either too wet or too dry...

but, speaking of structures for beaches, DH pointed this lovely thing out to me in the latest restoration hardware catalog (so dont peek if RH is one of your stowed away for TM time catalogs!).... i think i'll get a couple for our beach resort! in fact, i think i'll go lounge in one now with my hibiscus iced tea and a good book.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I LOVE Convo's with God. I used to have the cd to go with it... Leonard Nimoy as the voice of God, it was amazingly inspiring. I miss it
ohhh, spock as god. lurve it. i loved the new trek movie. loved loved it.

cari & aubergine, it's so fun looking for fun, but looking for real... man, it's soul crushing. i keep telling DH: "i just wish we had enough money to buy a house that is fit to live in-- or to fix one up." ... but we just have enough $$ to buy one that needs fixing.... and not $$ to fix it, only, it's not really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Only knowing me, I'll have it in black...yes, even at a swim party
lol, i'd probably get it in black too, as i'd spill coffee and or red wine on it, lol.
it seems like i'd look good in yellow, but i dont. alas. i wish i could, though! that would make me really happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
This morning, for vacation, I want to start out with beach yoga. Then a massage...we'll see what comes next.
ahhh, bliss. after, come lounge with me in my new beach lounger thing!

~side note for mood/TM prep/etc~
Bach remedies makes a room spray now, which gave me the idea of putting a few drops of RR in my spray bottle, and i've been LOVING it!

hugs and vibes and chocolate goodies to you all!
#185 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
I accidently decluttered a collection notice from an old store credit card from 1997. Whoops. Usually my decluttering efforts aren't so great, but that was really stupid of me.
Why is that stupid? It's 13 years old. Isn't there a statute of limitations or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
So the car is FINE! I need to get a hose replaced, coolent just topped off, and had my windshield was on backwards (blush)...too a little over an hour and cost under $130 for everything! I love my mechanic.

I bought my ferret baby girl a ferret dress.
Yay for fine cars! Let's hope mine follows yours!

Um...ferret dress? ~furrows brow~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
but, speaking of structures for beaches, DH pointed this lovely thing out to me in the latest restoration hardware catalog

lol, i'd probably get it in black too, as i'd spill coffee and or red wine on it, lol.
Did you notice that bed is six freakin' grand??? For a bed. Yowsa. If I had 6 grand I'd be paving my driveway.

I don't want it in black cause I'd spill stuff...I'd do that anyway. I'm just, well, the goth in me still hasn't gone away, I guess; I'm still more comfortable in black than anything else. Even if I do wear colors now and then

So my kid is staying overnight at a friend's house; I have the whole quiet house to myself. This almost never happens. So where's M? Hanging out with a friend, so no uninterrupted phone calls
Grrrr.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#186 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 PM

redveg---really wish I got to know you more but totally understand the need to release

clay--- giraffe obsessions are wonderful! I must share something I found through Facebook, (ADULTS ONLY)
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...raffes/810987/

Speaking of facebook....is there a special group with all of you lovely ladies I could join?

I am immersed in decluttering and trying to ready myself for TM........

I wish I could wear yellow.....but I do better with greens/browns/blues. I wear black on occasion but I tend to be a bit pale.....

I have Tainted Love in my head and I totally blame it on Aubergine68

Enjoy the night~

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
#187 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Anyone currently active over on the Wise Ways of Women board? I used to lurk there sometimes. Probably a lot of treasure mappers there! Time to swing by.

Me, me, me!

Mmm. MLS cruising. Haven't done that for about oh, a week or so. My latest thing is looking for inexpensive tiny homes on good semi-rural acreage locations where I could use the house for cooking/laundry/bathing and put up a yurt addition for me --er -- I mean, for the kids to use for a bedroom. The Yurtlady commented in the yurt thread in the country living forum here a few days back that she thought it was a great idea. I was so excited. It means that yurt living is meant to be in my future.

Sunshine, there should be yurts in your nature centre, I think!

And definitely, yurts on the beach!
I told my husband that if we ever separate/divorce, I would demolish the crumbling cabin we have on the other side of our 5 acres and live there in a yurt so the kids could freely come and go between mom's and dad's.

Quote:
but, speaking of structures for beaches, DH pointed this lovely thing out to me in the latest restoration hardware catalog (so dont peek if RH is one of your stowed away for TM time catalogs!).... i think i'll get a couple for our beach resort! in fact, i think i'll go lounge in one now with my hibiscus iced tea and a good book.....

Spartan? As in from Sparte?? The cushion looks way too comfy for Sparte!

~side note for mood/TM prep/etc~
Bach remedies makes a room spray now, which gave me the idea of putting a few drops of RR in my spray bottle, and i've been LOVING it!
Thanks! I'll try it!

Valérie   
#188 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Why is that stupid? It's 13 years old. Isn't there a statute of limitations or something?
See? That's what I thought, but I'm not sure. It shouldn't be on my credit report, but...on the other hand, I'd like it taken care of.

Come ponder with me about food!
#189 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
See? That's what I thought, but I'm not sure. It shouldn't be on my credit report, but...on the other hand, I'd like it taken care of.
Well, but can't you check the credit report? I mean...you've decluttered the thing; what's done is done. But there has got to be a way to find out if it's been cleared up or not. You'd think.

Dang, I'm lonely. I didn't realize how much I've come to depend on talking to M every night

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#190 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Mai-It's adorable clothing for pet ferrets and it's a pink tutu dress for her.

Appointment is scheduled for April 21st, but they told me there will probably be a cancellation and get me in earlier than that! Also, got a Madison piercing today. I'll get pics later.

Now I have to finish some homework and then relax with either a book to read or some writing.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#191 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Also, got a Madison piercing today. I'll get pics later.
Oh my! How well do you heal? Or is this a short term piece? All the folks I know with Madisons have pulled them after a few months... but admittedly I only know 3 or 4 people who had them. My old house was across the street from a wonderful body art shop and it was fun the hang out there with the kids. Actually, it was a very kid friendly shop and they sometimes hosted art shows there too. (they moved shortly after we did, but they just moved down the block. Here they are. Love them!)

weather- more snow coming tonight. bleh!

weekend plans- really really really want to get the wiring done. There's a bday party for one of dd1's friends but with tor and I still sick, I dunno. We tried to go shopping today and it was a true fail.

giraffes-

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#192 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

ok, that beach bed is AWESOME!
i have wanted to live in a yurt since i was a kid. we had friends who lived in a yurt while they built their house. (they also raised chickens, goats, had 10 acres, grew their own food.)
decided not to order in food, because i didn't work, got canceled again. so i made some serious yumminess with sweet potatoes. i love making stuff up and it tastes good. lol

we are watching an old star trek movie: the voyage home. and the new doctor who. (after the littles go to bed)

have a great weekend!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#193 of 596 Old 04-09-2010, 10:44 PM

I actually heal really well, but my piercer will be keeping an eye on me. So we'll have to see.

#194 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 09:54 AM

Should I be afraid to google a madison piercing?

#195 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Nah, I got brave and did it. It's a surface piercing sideways through the lower neck skin. There's a good pic on Wiki.

I want to get more holes in my ear-- I have some high up and some lower, but there's a big space in between that needs filled in. I think I'll have to go to one of those cheapo places like Piercing Pagoda, though, cause I just don't have the money to get them "really" pierced.
I want an eyebrow piercing. DS thinks it will look awful. Am I too old, do y'all think? Is there an age limit for piercings?

#196 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 AM

Madisons aren't scary! (well, not unless you have a baby/toddler who is in the "grab the shiny thing" phase) They just don't heal very well in general.

I would say there is no age limit on body art, but there should be age limits on the jewelry/images maybe? I know people in the "corporate goth" and "business steampunk" categories. They maintain a personal style that works for them but also fits into other settings. A piercing or tattoo can fit into any style, you just have to pick the right image or jewelry! So maybe a small ring just slightly different than your brow color, or matching the color of eyeglasses/watch/accessory worn frequently? Or a subtle blue/gold/silver/rainbow shimmer on a slim barbell... maybe with birthstone caps or other small but meaningful stones?

A hot pink stripped ring with dangling baubles might look a little off. But you never know. If you really want that, then give it a try! The nice thing about piercings is that (for the most part) if you don't like it you can take it out.

#197 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 12:06 PM

I really want to get my nose pierced. After Gillian pulled mine out and I couldn't get it back in, I figured I would wait until we were out of the pulling shiny metal things stage. I imagine I am there, maybe for next years birthday. I have been doing lots of new things this year, actually, come to think of it, I really have broken out of my old me mold in some ways.

I agree, Clay, about the no age limit but I find myself trying to balance what is accepted in general society and my desires. I don't really care if people judge me because of piercings but I deal with such a wide group of people, I feel like i need to appear neutral at times.

I feel like I am so out there as it is, in my religious beliefs not to mention my political and social beliefs, I am afraid a piercing would just push me into "that weird women, who homeschools and is a hippie" category but still, I am that weird hippie who homeschools. hehe

I think we are going to take the kids to How to Train a Dragon.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#198 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 12:16 PM

Hey all. Had a good birthday for a change! DH got me a new fairy statue, DS got me a new set of gaming dice and dd got me a lovely outside decoration of the sun and moon with green crystals. I got the t-shirt in that I've been wanting for 3 months (it's completely tacky, but for some reason I just LOVE it!! Got it in pink no less. Says "Freya, Goddess of Love and War. If you lay 'em slay 'em" Teehee!). Today I think we're going to go see How to Slay a Dragon. Then the rest of the birthday money I got will go to bills, but I'm good with that.

Haven't done any decluttering. After being sick for 2 months with bronchitis and then being down for a couple weeks so far with this blasted shoulder thing, I'm just trying to get on top of the laundry and house!! If I can do that, I'll be happy.

Went to fire circle last night. Not a good night there for us. One couple usually always hosts it, so it was at their house. They were having a birthday party for their 10 yr old at the same time. The dad told our kids to go join in, and I confirmed about 15 min later with the mom that it was ok for them to be joining it. Our kids are younger and they weren't invited, so I didn't expect them to really be involved, but the mom had commented a couple times that she'd found a way to integrate the party with the fire circle, and was pretty adamant that our kids were welcome as well. Which was all fine and great until it came time for a game and she gave glow sticks to all the kids but mine, telling them they were too young to play. Seriously, why not send them back to us BEFORE you start the game? DS was crushed. Then the person that I was supposed to plan the Beltane ritual with agreed to plan it with someone else (after telling her that I was supposed to help plan it!). So definitely an off night. Meh, they happen.

Off to try to clean house then to a movie then gaming tonight, so a full plate. Tomorrow we just have the kids Irish Dance lessons, so it'll be an easy day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
#199 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 01:22 PM

Hmmmm... I'm not finding pics, though I'll keep looking. Are people familiar with corporate goth? It's a nice group of people, and an example of "growing up" a subculture. I tend towards steampunk and sca so I borrowed fashion ideas for creating a work look... first in graphics at a very "corporate" firm in Boston, then as a lab manager/instructor in a dust/dirt intensive field, then as a "face of the library" role where looks were very regulated. I know some very elegant, pulled together, professional people with facial piercings. I don't know if I could pull it off, but they managed to blend eyebrow or nose piercings into the look without drawing attention to them.

I'll keep image hunting.... though now I was another piercing! Not till Tor is older though.

ETA- a nice tragus piercing, and the folks I know have this style of eyebrow piercing, only a bit more subtle with smaller caps that blend into their brow more. (they can swap caps... subtle at the library, fancier at home)

#200 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 01:51 PM

Getting ready for tomorrow's book fair at a church. I can't seem to find my extra receipt book or my business cards. Brilliant.

Wish me luck... I really need people to buy!

#201 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 02:40 PM

I know it has a high rejection rate, but usually so do the dermal anchors, which mine is healing just wonderfully! So we'll see.

I agree, there really is not age limit. My piercer is in her late 30s and still gets them. Their beautiful.

Clay, I almost got the tragus. It was between that and my Madison. I will probably do the tragus later. I get ansy when I sit in the shop and know I NEED to get something done.

On an even wonderful note..today is Ds's 5th birthday!!! I can't believe that my baby is already 5. He loves his guitar and I have both a pic and a video of him with it on fb.

I did have one question. What age should a child be when you stop giving them gifts during their siblings birthdays? Dd will be 7 this year in October and I still gave her a little gift today so she wasn't upset when ds got his present.

But when should we start explaining to her that it's his day?

#202 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Good selling vibes to you!

Happy 5yr Birthday!

Hmmmm... I'm trying to remember what my parents did and I don't remember ever getting a gift on my brother's bday (or vice versa). Our trad was the bday kiddo got to pick dinner, and there was a party of some sort, and mom got a gift too. But I do give my own kiddos smaller "sibling" gifts. I don't know when that will stop. Maybe around ten or so?

Mike is wiring, and building the interior wall to turn the addition into two seperate rooms! Once the interior wall is framed we'll figure out where to wire the ceiling light boxes. The thought of a children's room with toy storage (and a door that can be closed ) is making me giddy!

#203 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I would say there is no age limit on body art, but there should be age limits on the jewelry/images maybe?
A piercing or tattoo can fit into any style, you just have to pick the right image or jewelry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
I agree, Clay, about the no age limit but I find myself trying to balance what is accepted in general society and my desires. I don't really care if people judge me because of piercings
I was thinking of something more subtle, actually...like the ring ones on this page: http://tattoo.about.com/cs/pbrow/l/blpgaleyebrow.htm

I don't work outside the home, but I will have to get a job soon to keep my CNA certification current. Someone told me I can work PRN somewhere, then quit when I get a nurse to sign me off. That sounds not-kosher to me, but I have to get signed off, so we'll see. I may still work a little bit.
At any rate, I can wait till this summer or so.
M and I have pretty much decided on finger-ring tattoos, so that'll probably come first Then maybe the ears, then maybe the eyebrow. Dunno yet. Then maybe the other two tats I have coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Which was all fine and great until it came time for a game and she gave glow sticks to all the kids but mine, telling them they were too young to play. Seriously, why not send them back to us BEFORE you start the game? DS was crushed. Then the person that I was supposed to plan the Beltane ritual with agreed to plan it with someone else (after telling her that I was supposed to help plan it!). So definitely an off night.
Ye Gods, how rude!

Quote:
I agree, there really is not age limit. My piercer is in her late 30s and still gets them.

On an even wonderful note..today is Ds's 5th birthday!!!

I did have one question. What age should a child be when you stop giving them gifts during their siblings birthdays?
I'm 50, unschoolin'. I look 35, but still. I still want one!
Happy birthday to your ds!

Ten, Clay, really? I'd say....four My ds does not have siblings, but I used to get him little things when we went to his friends' parties. I did stop doing that around age 4, and just explained to him that it's <insert child's name>'s day. We had to do that shopping for the gift, and then wrapping the gift, and then giving the gift ("Remember? it's so-and-so's birthday, so it's their present. On your birthday you will get the presents."). So it was a lot of coaching, and a lot of repeating, but it paid off

#204 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

interesting about the sibling gifts. i have never done it, and my kids have been fine. we just sort of let them know that it was so and so's birthday and when it was their birthday they would get the same sort of celebration. we also have the birthday child pick out all the meals and cake.

reading a really great book: "Full Moon Feast". really great recipes and just great stuff by the author.

also feeling like i am going to lose my mind with dh. i am so tired of always having to pull him up and always be support and not have it given back to me. dh was freaking out about his PhD, and how much it was going to cost, so i have to sit and talk for HOURS with him and calm his fears and tell him it is just money and we will make it work, it isn't a big deal. then we get a medical bill (which i will have to fight with the hospital and insurance about on monday... lovely) he starts freaking out and wants to sell his bike, ok sell it, i told him we don't need the money, but he doesn't ride it and it is about the time people start pulling out bikes here, so it would be a good time to sell it. then he freaks and doesn't want to sell it. i am just so done with this. blaaah! do what you want! go to school, don't go. sell your bike, keep it. get another job, keep this one. just make up your mind! agh! i did tell him that if he sold the bike it could pay for my CBE thing in october. but he was still all wishy washy. i guess that is part of it. i am always super supportive and i just feel like i don't get that back. i am the one who deals will 90% of all the stuff here, and i just want some one to pat my hand and calm my fears. i am just worn out. frick!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#205 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Did you notice that bed is six freakin' grand???
did you notice it's RH? yes, one can imagine much more productive uses for $6k....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Thanks! I'll try it!
lemme know how you feel about it! i'm *loving* it so far!

Quote:
ok, that beach bed is AWESOME!
we are watching an old star trek movie: the voyage home. and the new doctor who.
isnt it, though? i wish i was in it now...
yay old trek! new dr as in brand new one just out? as in 11th dr? i want bbc america just so i can watch it.

Quote:
I really want to get my nose pierced.
i, who have no tatts and no piercings, suddenly, out of nowhere, last month, decided i wanted a nose piercing. i wont do it, as i'm a whimp, but i can sort of imagine. you can get such subtle ones that are really elegant and classy, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Hey all. Had a good birthday ...got the t-shirt in that I've been wanting for 3 months ...Tomorrow we just have the kids Irish Dance lessons, so it'll be an easy day.
happy birthday! glad it was good! funny shirt. i'm loving that your kids do irish dance!

Quote:
Wish me luck...
luck!

Quote:
...I can't believe that my baby is already 5
people are always saying: "they grow up so fast!" but it's so true. mine just turned 4, and i seriously am shaking my head trying to figure out how that happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
The thought of a children's room with toy storage (and a door that can be closed ) is making me giddy!
i can imagine! yay!

Quote:
also feeling like i am going to lose my mind with dh.
hugs! sounds like prime TM issues!

~~happy one day closer to TM time, all! between you all and our beach escape, and some oils and RR room spray, and some gardening, and some kismet moments, i'm feeling a ton more hopeful... things are brewing, and given that article i keep talking about (about the full-moon seed planting for the new moon), it's feeling like TM time will be... interesting... sending like-wise vibes to all!
#206 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

aweynsayl: you can get "clip on" nose rings. they are cool and you don't have to experience the pain. lol

i had a belly ring for years, then when i was PG with ds#4 it got really irritated and infected so i took it out. i have been toying with the idea of getting another, but it HURT for months and i don't know if i want to deal with that now. plus, so much MRSA in the hospitals, i am not thinking i want an open wound in my belly. lol i do want more tats. i love those. i wish i was an artist so i could draw and then post a picture of what i want on my back. lol

h

#207 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 08:57 PM

I have to vent if that's okay.

My mother and family have always hated me since my birth. Pretty much, I came late in my mother's life and she blamed me for my father leaving, then turning my older siblings to believe the same.

I try to keep from talking with her to avoid her toxic nature when complaining about me, but I don't want her missing out on her grandchildren. I have the whole, if you keep yourself out of their life, then you deal with the consequences, but I will not be the reason for it. That being said, ds kept asking why mom-mom hadn't called.

I finally called her around 4 and told her, "mom, it's Lu's birthday today." You know what she said? "Oh, I forgot all about him. I'm pretty sure the family did too." Did she say happy birthday after being reminded? No. She went on to complain about how the way I feed my kids (no processed meals, lots of water, etc.) was abuse and yada yada. She also forgot dd's birthday last year.

There's so much more but my goddess! How do you forget that and then not say anything even after being reminded? He was sad after she hung up but we cheered him up right away.

#208 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
i heard your song last night and thought of you! i cant think of mine.... something early 80s most likely, lol....
i used to have a crush on the UPS guy.

ohhh, spock as god. lurve it. i loved the new trek movie. loved loved it.

cari & aubergine, it's so fun looking for fun, but looking for real... man, it's soul crushing. i keep telling DH: "i just wish we had enough money to buy a house that is fit to live in-- or to fix one up." ... but we just have enough $$ to buy one that needs fixing.... and not $$ to fix it, only, it's not really funny.

I lURVE Tainted Love :dance Liked the new Trek movie too Aweyn, my BIL is a purist and thinks it is a vile creation

If you think it sucks for you hun.. try doing it when even a basic house costs 300k plus! I found the cutest 3br place that was 249k (did I share that?) but we can't even get a loan for at least 4more months. I know places will be out there though.. we'll find one when it's the right time for us!

Quote:
lol it's not really scary, but totally not something I could do! I get squicked out by piercings and such easily.. which is odd because I LOVE tatts?

Quote:
I really want to get my nose pierced. After Gillian pulled mine out and I couldn't get it back in, I figured I would wait until we were out of the pulling shiny metal things stage. I imagine I am there, maybe for next years birthday. I have been doing lots of new things this year, actually, come to think of it, I really have broken out of my old me mold in some ways.

I think we are going to take the kids to How to Train a Dragon.
I had my nose peirced years ago, and think about getting it done again. Maybe one day

ENjoy the movie, I've heard rave reviews from friends about it!

Off to swimming lessons & a visit with Nan afterwards

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#209 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 PM

DeShanna- That is so sad.

#210 of 596 Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I have to vent if that's okay.

My mother and family have always hated me since my birth. Pretty much, I came late in my mother's life and she blamed me for my father leaving, then turning my older siblings to believe the same.

I try to keep from talking with her to avoid her toxic nature when complaining about me, but I don't want her missing out on her grandchildren. I have the whole, if you keep yourself out of their life, then you deal with the consequences, but I will not be the reason for it. That being said, ds kept asking why mom-mom hadn't called.

I finally called her around 4 and told her, "mom, it's Lu's birthday today." You know what she said? "Oh, I forgot all about him. I'm pretty sure the family did too." Did she say happy birthday after being reminded? No. She went on to complain about how the way I feed my kids (no processed meals, lots of water, etc.) was abuse and yada yada. She also forgot dd's birthday last year.

There's so much more but my goddess! How do you forget that and then not say anything even after being reminded? He was sad after she hung up but we cheered him up right away.
Ugh. I have a toxic father who's never met my DD, and I haven't seen him since 2003 as it's just easier that way. Anyway, I sympathize. I just don't understand why people need to be nasty like that.

Come ponder with me about food!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page