April Pagan circle... come join the fun! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today is a great day!

Ladies, I tested today and got a BFP!!!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#242 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Count me in with the bad body image. DH has been working on me for years, and he's seen me yo-yo, big tme. It doesn't help that when we first met, as friends, I was a waif at 110 lbs, and now I'm over 170. Ah well, he's in the not liking skinny girls camp too. I am trying to get healthier again, and that does mean losing weight for me.

Anyway, what a beautiful day!
I was 114 after my first pregnancy... hit over 170 last month...

When I look at the mirror I don't like what I see but when I look through DH's eyes, I still see a hot mama! I love him for making me feel so beautiful despite the pounds and saggyness.

Valérie   
#243 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Today is a great day!

:j oy

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#244 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Val, have you had your thyroid levels checked? Even "low normal" numbers can cause problems like that.

I'm actually very happy with my weight, I'm hovering around 140, but I'm 5'7"...if I could just tone my belly/hips/butt I'd be THRILLED with my body. It's been a long time since I could say that. The last time I liked my body I was very pregnant
Ya, my thyroid levels are in the low normal... that's why I say the doctor failed me: since it's in the "normal" range, she won't do anything about it. (and won't do anymore testing to see if other things are wonky)

Valérie   
#245 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Woohoo DeShanna!

Valérie   
#246 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 01:42 PM

yay bfp!

weight/image/etc... it's funny. alot of it winds up being lifestyle for me. i gained 20 lbs in a flash the past few months, lost 10 instantly coming back to our old home. humidity, i think... also i feel sexier here. it's crazy, but i guess it makes sense-- sundresses and sun tanned... just fits me better than leggings and hoodies... i'm dealing with the perceptual shift, lol, but even dh said i look cuter here. go figure.

val, hugs hon! you've been struggling with unexplained body stuff for so long... i'm guessing you're planning on TMing that? i'd love to feel that all my glands systems (not so good with the terms) are in proper order... but i'd not "trust" mine with a doc.... i think that's why i love the chakra TM idea.

ok, any of you who have fear/confidence issues like me.... save your pennies and get you some of this magic elixer. ohmygoodness. it is wonderful. i really like it a lot! (if you cant get it near you, lemme know and we can work something out. it's so wonderful!)

gah! family dinner tonight and i'm waiting on pins and needles for some news........ hope everyone has a wonderful pre-tm day!
#247 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Ya, my thyroid levels are in the low normal... that's why I say the doctor failed me: since it's in the "normal" range, she won't do anything about it. (and won't do anymore testing to see if other things are wonky)
I see. Yuck :/ I'm sorry. My levels were closer to the low end of "middle normal" and I found fish oil, B vitamins, and oh, I can't remember now, but the combo was helpful in helping me feel better.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#248 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 PM

DeShanna- Honestly, your fb post had me going- is she pregnant? Congratulations!!!

Aweyn- thinking of hon!!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#249 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Today is a great day!

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#250 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Vojerleda- How's your baby's leg doing?
Thanks for asking, it's now in the "i'm gonna drain all over everything" phase. Which is good, but yucky. I don't have gauze and medical tape, either, so we've made a temp solution with paper towels, cotton inside, and duct tape. As soon as I made the bandage I thought, why didn't I use a maxi pad? That was their original intent anyway...

She feels great, except when it appears that I might change the bandage and then she runs around screaming. But at least she's running, and not limping, and not crying, nor irritable, or feverish...

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#251 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 PM

Congrats on the BFP, unschoolinmom!

Ladies, we saw an ad for a perfect job for DH, right where we live! He could walk or bike to work, it's so close, which means we could continue as a one car family. DH doesn't want to wait for TM time, but I figure the energies are close enough. Wish us luck!

Come ponder with me about food!
#252 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 PM

witchy- yay!

unschoolin- w00t

aweyn- oh my yummy yum! I'm going to browse that sight with lust in my eyes and dh holding the credit card I think.

So, I went to the mama thrift store today to find a bed rail since Tor is all crwly babe. I found one for under 5 dollars, and then saw this for under 20. It's perfect for the steampunk and browncoat and maker events we want to do with the kiddos! squee!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#253 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 04:45 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm happy about it and this baby's dd is Winter Solstice!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#254 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Thanks ladies! I'm happy about it and this baby's dd is Winter Solstice!
Congratulations! My ds was born on the Winter Solstice!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#255 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

unschoolin':

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#256 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Today is a great day!

Everybody's so happy for you...but I'm confused! What is a BFP and what does it mean? Congrats, whatever it is! I'm pretty sure I asked this once before, but I forgot

Quote:
Ladies, we saw an ad for a perfect job for DH, right where we live! He could walk or bike to work, it's so close, which means we could continue as a one car family. DH doesn't want to wait for TM time, but I figure the energies are close enough. Wish us luck!
Well, yay! Luck!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#257 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 06:30 PM

BFP is a "big fat positive". See her sig.

#258 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Everybody's so happy for you...but I'm confused! What is a BFP and what does it mean? Congrats, whatever it is! I'm pretty sure I asked this once before, but I forgot

Well, yay! Luck!
BFP means big fat positive on pregnancy test!

#259 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
BFP is a "big fat positive". See her sig.
Quote:
BFP means big fat positive on pregnancy test!
OH!!
Well, silly me. Color me embarrassed.
Congrats!!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#260 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I don't always feel unattractive anymore. M is so, so supportive and so enamored of me exactly like I am-- it totally blows my mind, but it also makes me realize I am not an ugly, fat, worthless thing. He loves me. He honestly says he doesn't see the fat. Doesn't see my body the way I do. And <quote> "I don't like skinny girls!" Um, say what? I have never heard of such a thing.
I guess I don't *always* feel that way... just when I happen to catch a glimpse of myself nekkid in the mirror I don't FEEL that fat My dh is NOT a skinny girl fan either, thankfully and always tells me how gorgeous I am to him. So it's not that he makes me feel the way I do by any means.

Quote:
How many pounds is it per size? Is it 10, or 20? I think it's about 10, but I can't remember.
For me, it usually works out to 10ish.

Quote:
YES. Yes. I have to reduce my income by like $250/month so that ds can get back on the state health insurance. Which means I may have to give up internet and home phone. And some more food budget and some gas budget. ARGH! Not to mention I haven't been insured since 1999
That sucks... I hope you are able to find a way to pop in still, would be very sad without you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Val, have you had your thyroid levels checked? Even "low normal" numbers can cause problems like that.
I have 'borderline' numbers. As a matter of fact I'm going to see if I can get in to get them rechecked later this week.

Quote:
Today is a great day!

Congrats DeShanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
That's what I'm concerned about... continuing to get borderline numbers and having docs refuse to treat it like a problem UNTIL it is a problem. It seems to me that borderline for 6months plus implies that my thyroid is underfunctioning, ya know?? Have you done supplements to try to boost function? Taking selenium and I think magnesium a well as making sure you use iodized salt are apparently big helpers. I am totally a sea salt using person and I think that really affected my body... I like salt so that's a fair bit of iodine over time that I did not get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
weight/image/etc... it's funny. alot of it winds up being lifestyle for me. i gained 20 lbs in a flash the past few months, lost 10 instantly coming back to our old home. humidity, i think... also i feel sexier here. it's crazy, but i guess it makes sense-- sundresses and sun tanned... just fits me better than leggings and hoodies... i'm dealing with the perceptual shift, lol, but even dh said i look cuter here. go figure.
Wow, awesome hun! Good luck with all the goings on at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojerleda View Post
Thanks for asking, it's now in the "i'm gonna drain all over everything" phase. Which is good, but yucky. I don't have gauze and medical tape, either, so we've made a temp solution with paper towels, cotton inside, and duct tape. As soon as I made the bandage I thought, why didn't I use a maxi pad? That was their original intent anyway...
Ew? But at least she is mostly FEELING better through the whole mess!

It's 'chilly' @ 18c (lol64F)(relative to our usual temps lol) and overcast again today. It drizzled most of the day yesterday and looks to repeat that today. I love a good dreary day now & again.

Tomorrow is TM day WOOT! I have no idea what my map will be like this year... bit jealous of you guys that have a design plan

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#261 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Congrats on the BFP, unschoolinmom!

good luck! that would be great!

i am going to have to wait to TM until friday. i want some time to actually do it with out the kiddies around and i work wed/thur nights. (hopefully) although if we start tuesday, i could do it tomorrow night.
honestly i am a bit scared to do it. i feel like i have to be very precise or i get what i ask for... not what i mean. does that make since? like i would like some extra money, but that means my dad dies, or i want to move across the country so we can be closer as a family and now we are broke. eeeek. loloh and it looks like we do owe that $1100 on that hospital bill. our deductible was $2000.00. blaaah. so i have to work out some payment plan with the hospital. we can get maine care, so i am signing us up. i can hold off on the food stuff, but i want us to have good medical care. ugh.
h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#262 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 09:33 PM

the things I want are organization and decluttering the house, maintained heath of my children, better dental health, and mental health for dh and I

but I don't know how to most of that in images, or what words I would use.

#263 of 596 Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
honestly i am a bit scared to do it.
I feel the same way.

#264 of 596 Old 04-13-2010, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

so i went over to the TM thread... i should have been cleaning?! omg. i feel so scattered. i need to throw me out. lol is it bad to clean after the TM? i am constantly decluttering. ugh. i feel so much pressure to not screw this up.
i think i might try and hit the craft store or get something to put my map on and get a few mags. if i do work wednesday i will still have friday to work on the map which is good. maybe wednesday i can just look thru everything and pull out the stuff that speaks to me.

ok i gotta go to bed. i worry to much i think.

goodnight!

h

#265 of 596 Old 04-13-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
lol is it bad to clean after the TM?
Yes. Absolutely. You aren't being a slob/poor house-keeper. You are maintaining your TM calendar by only cleaning 2-3 months of the year. Honestly, I need to declutter/purge on a monthly basis. At least with a babe and 2 year old I am constantly filling the "out-grown" bin. That bin then has to get sorted to discard/donate/hand-me-down. I'm also looking forward to loosing my "baby butt". Seriously - I've lost a lot off of my waist - and none off my rear. I have about 15 baby pounds to go - and they are all in the butt & boobs. When they go - all of my size 16 & 18s are going away. For good. I got some new jeans for my office (business dress Alaska style) this weekend. Gap actually a wide variety if fits - I was impressed. I got the "curvy" They were more than I like to spend - but okay for business clothes. I still need to get some everyday cheapies.

Infections - I have really good luck with sugar & salt poultices.

3 weeks ago (4/21) - DS got a horrible black eye (swelled completely shut, eggplant purple from eyebrow to cheekbone). He tripped and fell into the corner of a kid-sized table at daycare. He was actually very lucky b/c most of the impact was in the little space between the eye socket/bone and the eyeball. So, now all the swelling & bruising has been gone for a week - but there is still a little hard lump at the end of his eyebrow. I think it might be a bone chip. I've had a few chips before - but they have always been in long bones and not very big, more flat/chip-like This feels bigger & rounder. I'm debating taking him to the doc. We have good insurance, but I'd probably still end up with a few hundred in bills after xrays. And I'm not sure we'd do anything for a chip. Any thoughts?

I've been back at work 2 weeks its going okay. DD has adjusted very well to daycare. Today she was very content to stare at me while a caregiver gave her a bottle. (Little stinker, I needed to nurse...) Bad news is she has 2 classmates in the "little butterflies room" - a 6 mo & 8 mo. old boy. The are teaching her bad habits - like crawling. She's watching them with a look of extreme eagerness.

Most importantly: DeShanna -

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#266 of 596 Old 04-13-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I feel the same way.
just subbing so i'm not caught up on the gossip, but i wanted to third this. it'll be my 1st time and i'm scared i'll screw it up, get unintended consequences, etc.
#267 of 596 Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 AM

Unintended consequences...M came from my TM and he was definitely not intended. I mean, him in particular. I mean, I wasn't aware that he was still my true love.
I mean...I have put things in the relationship part of my map for 3 years and gotten nothing. Well...I was starting, just starting, to get male attention again instead of being invisible, but I never got a relationship or even a date. I'm thinking I just wasn't asking in the right way? The universe certainly took my last map very literally, but in a way I would never have thought. It took me till like November to really look at that part of my map and go "O... M... G..." at how the map interpreted what I put on there.
I kind of get nervous, too, but I'm trying to get nervous in a good way, not a negative way. It's supposed to be a positive experience, after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I guess I don't *always* feel that way... just when I happen to catch a glimpse of myself nekkid in the mirror I don't FEEL that fat

That sucks... I hope you are able to find a way to pop in still, would be very sad without you here!
I don't have a design plan for my map either, Cari.

I don't mind myself nekkid; I look all goddessy and lush...it's clothed that I hate I'm too short and I don't feel comfortable in lots of clothing. I wear stuff that's comfortable, and it doesn't look as good as the uncomfortable better-looking clothes

If I have to cancel internet, I can still catch up at the library Actually I'm thinking I can't sell stuff on Ebay if I cancel. So maybe just the landline first, and see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
but there is still a little hard lump at the end of his eyebrow. I think it might be a bone chip. I've had a few chips before - but they have always been in long bones and not very big, more flat/chip-like This feels bigger & rounder. I'm debating taking him to the doc. We have good insurance, but I'd probably still end up with a few hundred in bills after xrays. And I'm not sure we'd do anything for a chip. Any thoughts?
It might be a calcium deposit or a lactic acid thingy. I hit my wrist really, really hard a couple years ago. I am very short, and I was standing on a stool trying to close the stuck kitchen window, when the stool slipped out from under me. The inside of my wrist went *BAM*, really hard, on the windowsill. So hard that I cried, and my whole arm up to my elbow was numb for a bit.
A couple days later, I had this pea-sized lump on the inside of my wrist. It's still there. It's very ugly, IMO, but medical people have told me to just leave it alone b/c of its location (arteries and such). I thought mine was a bone, too, but it's not. It's hard and it doesn't hurt at all to touch it. I tell little kids now that it's a button. Its function changes depending on the kid (Panic button, Kiss button, Silly Face button, etc.).
Yours might be that?

#268 of 596 Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I don't have a design plan for my map either, Cari.

I don't mind myself nekkid; I look all goddessy and lush...it's clothed that I hate I'm too short and I don't feel comfortable in lots of clothing. I wear stuff that's comfortable, and it doesn't look as good as the uncomfortable better-looking clothes

If I have to cancel internet, I can still catch up at the library Actually I'm thinking I can't sell stuff on Ebay if I cancel. So maybe just the landline first, and see how that goes.
yay for maybe keeping net I think I need to invite a new, nicer & more flattering wardrome into my life

Quote:
It might be a calcium deposit or a lactic acid thingy.
Yours might be that?
Or calcified soft tissue, or is that the same thing? I had that happen with my thumb a few years ago, although I did not remember ANY injury to it.. one day it just hurt.. and got worse.. until I was literally in tears and had to call dh home from work. I could not even put my own clothes on I was in such agony! Xrays showed 'soft tissue calcification' and said it would clear up on it's own, to take pain killers. Was freakish!

Off to bed mamas... creeping up on TM time!!!!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#269 of 596 Old 04-13-2010, 09:40 AM

awe crap we can't clean after TM.

Maybe I wont do it this year, and will just work on the decluttering and organizing on my own this year and see if I want to do one next year.

#270 of 596 Old 04-13-2010, 09:46 AM

It's again!

All the rapid temp changes are messing with our immune system: we all got a cold.

I'm in the Red Tent again... Seriously, I should just move in and stay there.

I'm having a hard time planning for Beltane: DH will be in an intensive class all week-end so can't stay up late, Saturday will be a long day for me (DD2's dance recitals - the moms are really busy backstage and this year we have 2 representations) and I won't be home till 7PM at best...

Treasure Map Time! Oooooooh!!! I'm so excited!!! I have no plans for the layout... I usually draw the Baguas and write words in each area as a reminder but I didn't do it yet nor did I look around to design a Chakra plan like I wanted to do when I read about this idea. The Compass have popped up a few times lately so, if it feels right tomorrow, I might include it in my TMap.

Valérie   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page