Forum Jump: 

#151 of 166 Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post
thanks for the link.
It definately backs how I feel about it. I need to find the actual "law" that would state we have the right to choose that way I can use it to allow my son to receive his first communion by mouth. I know they will be teaching him to receive it in the hand and that is frustrating bcs those are not our beliefs on the issue so I will have to reteach him.
Pope Benedict, from what I've seen on EWTN, always gives the Host directly into the mouth. I receive the mouth, during RCIA we were told we could go with either option and to just make it clear prior to getting to the priest/EMHC which way we were going. My current archdiocese has a bishop who is pretty conservative (Arlington, VA) and I see most accepting communion directly in the mouth.

Good luck!

"Hey, I've got nothin' to do today but smile." - S & G
#152 of 166 Old 06-07-2010, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nicole, maybe this will help. Dh made sure to tell dd1's FHC teacher that she would need instruction on receiving on the tongue.

Heidi, that's great We just do an Our Father and a Hail Mary with the little girls. Our two year old takes it very seriously, she gets down on her knees and puts her little hands together and everything, so cute.

Charbeau, what are you dh's reasons for not wanting to homeschool? That's wonderful to have so many supportive people in your life, even if they don't share your beliefs. I can't even get my mom to come to the childnren's baptism
#153 of 166 Old 06-08-2010, 11:37 AM

We need to pray for a miracle. My aunt was in a horrible car accident and has suffered some brain injuries. She is currently unconscious and they are not certain to what extent the brain damage is.

Please pray for her.
#154 of 166 Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudi01 View Post
We need to pray for a miracle. My aunt was in a horrible car accident and has suffered some brain injuries. She is currently unconscious and they are not certain to what extent the brain damage is.

Please pray for her.
Wow, how horrible. How is she doing? Is your aunt Catholic?

Mother to 6

12, 11, 9, 6, 3, 1

Pray, Hope and Don't Worry

#155 of 166 Old 06-09-2010, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anudi01 View Post

Please pray for her.
I am so sorry. Prayers for your familly.

Heidi
#156 of 166 Old 06-11-2010, 12:16 AM

Thanks for the prayers, Mamas. She seemed to have some positive signs the other day...I'm not sure to what extent, but the neurosurgeons where happy about the progress.

She is not Catholic. Ironically, she was either going to or coming home from her church on the day of the accident. My uncle (her husband) is actually my mom's brother. He is really taking this hard. He lost his previous long-time girlfriend to cancer years ago. It is so hard on him...and therefore my mother.

I just want to Thank the Lord for the wonderful blessings he has bestowed on our family. It makes me just want to hold on to my own family so tightly. It is also a reminder that God is in control of my life and I have to let go and have faith in him.

I pray for all you who are going trough trials right now. I pray you all find the strength you need to get through.
#157 of 166 Old 06-12-2010, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

I am glad she is doing better.

Heidi
#158 of 166 Old 06-12-2010, 03:51 PM

I'm glad your aunt is doing better, prayers for her recovery and strength for your family.

We had our anatomy scan yesterday, I'm assuming it went well, it was quick and the tech didn't say anything negative. He's definitely still a boy

Thursday I had a get together with some women from our Catholic homeschooling group, we had a very small, intimate Mass with the priest of the parish we were meeting at. It was so nice! And he's super nice, we're hoping to move our co-op over there next year (the priest of the parish hall we're currently using really doesn't want us there and has been really mean to our co-op leader ) So hopefully we can move over there.
#159 of 166 Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

very cool about the coop.

We have all gotten really quiet. It must mean summer is upon us. I am reading a really good book. It is called The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life by Father James Martin. I am learning so much from this book that I did not have a clue about nor did I know I did not have a clue about it. What I like the most is it is easy to understand.

Heidi
#160 of 166 Old 06-19-2010, 11:52 AM

Summer is busy, for sure!

I'm reading The Salvation Controversy, it's GREAT.
#161 of 166 Old 06-19-2010, 01:25 PM

summer is definately busy! my older 2 are in ccd every morning for 3 wks in June and it is insane. (We had special permission to do a home study for the first week as we had a trip planned and then just attend 2 wks but it is really exhausting)
ds3 was in vacation bible school all week and loved it but it is like driving the kids to school every morning except it doesn't last as long as school so right back around to pick them up again.
then in the afternoon my 2 older kiddos have therapy appts every day for their spd (sensory processing disorder) some days we are there for several hours and some days we are at 2 different facilities for appts.
then swim lessons in the evenings. We signed up for 2 2wk sessions and the kids are doing really well so I am glad we did it but I am fried.
ds 2 had 5ths disease at the end of may which is no big deal but not good when you are pg. I am having symptoms now so had to have some blood testing done to see if I have it and then they will do another test in four weeks if it is determined that I did indeed have it than they will want to "monitor' the baby. It increases the risk of mc by 10% if the baby does indeed contract it so... if you ladies could pray for us I would really appreciate it.
I am 9 1/2 wks today and so far everything is going well (except for the 5ths disease). I will see my midwife shortly after 12 wks to hear the heartbeat and dh and I are both finally settling in to the idea of another baby.
I am still looking for a job. Had a job offer on sunday which was absolutely perfect and they e-mailed on wed. that they had changed their mind so still looking and can use prayers for that as well.
Wow. That was long Hope everyone is doing well.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#162 of 166 Old 06-20-2010, 11:28 PM

I'm leaving for a retreat tomorrow.....a 5 day Ignation retreat. It will be very nice and quiet. I am looking forward to having time to just get my spiritual life back on track.

I am asking prayers for clarity of heart, mind and soul.

Crazy mom of 9. grouphug.gif  A wife to one.  flowersforyou.gif

-Life is a long lesson in humility.-

James M. Barrie

#163 of 166 Old 06-21-2010, 10:03 AM

Prayers and have fun, momo!

I hope everything goes well, Nicole.
#164 of 166 Old 06-26-2010, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo7 View Post
I'm leaving for a retreat tomorrow.....a 5 day Ignation retreat. It will be very nice and quiet. I am looking forward to having time to just get my spiritual life back on track.

I am asking prayers for clarity of heart, mind and soul.
that sounds very nice.

Heidi
#165 of 166 Old 06-27-2010, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hey everyone! Haven't been on in awhile and wanted to drop by

Cherry: Is that book just a study on different salvation philosophies, or does it talk about the "no salvation outside of the Church" teaching? My husband and I have been doing a lot of studying about that teaching and how Vatican II kind of, uh, threw it out the window. I have an awesome link to a homily by St. Leonard regarding this topic if you are interested. It really puts things in perspective.... I can honestly say it changed me.

the boysmama: We receive on the tongue only. I was raised in a charasmatic parish and received in the hand until about 2 yrs ago. After I started to learn about the Latin Mass, I came to realize that receiving in the hand is extremely inappropriate. Traditionally, on the priest is to touch the host because his hands have been purified. There is more to it than that, but that's the basic reason. I could never imagine receiving in the hand ever again. Heck, I kneel when I receive now, even if no one else does.

charbeau: I know this is late, but congrats on the baptism!

My Dh and I have been doing a lot of reading and studying lately. The stuff we are learning is amazing and sad and a little scary. Some time ago we started to be attracted to the Latin Mass, and things have just kind of progressed from there. The more you learn, the more you want to learn. At this point we are doing an in-depth look into the Society of Saint Pius X as well as the sedevacanists. As of now, I think the SSPX is correct. I wish we had a parish near us, but we don't. The sedevacanists are kind of hard to understand since they have no unity, which is a sign for me (at this point) that they are not correct.

I'm very early in a pregnancy and would appreciate any prayers you all could send my way. I have a history of m/c and the first trimester is always scary for me.

God bless! Have a great Sunday! We are traveling an hour north to Huntsville, AL to go to a Latin Mass

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#166 of 166 Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 AM

I'm going to go start a summer thread, then I'll answer

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page