Forum Jump: 

#301 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is sooo beautiful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma. View Post
I really, really enjoyed making a treasure map this year. I did a quick one my computer last year using photoshop and random images from google. This year I used magazines, markers, and glue stick.

I made mine with 9 sections: abundance, knowledge and self, relationships, family, health, creativity, travel, work, and spiritual. I used an 8 x 8 scrapbook and did one page for each. I left the backs of the pages blank so I can write about progress throughout the year or add anything that might need to be added. It's now sitting on my nightstand next to my bed so I can look at it before bed or in the morning. I also snapped some pictures with my blackberry and rotate through the images as backgrounds on my phone so I can see it everywhere I go. Each little title tag has affirmations written around it as well.

The Cover

Abundance- I am easily, openly and freely accepting abundance now! The riches of the universe come easily!

Knowledge and Self- The gateways to wisdom and knowledge are always open to me. I have no limits to my growth and knowledge.

Relationships- I attract only loving people into my life. I make friends easily wherever I go.

Family- I am blessed with a beautiful family. I will have a strong, healthy baby. I look forward to meeting my future children. I am loved and lovable.

Health- I manifest perfect health. I radiate good health. My body is healthy and vibrant. I love to exercise and feed my body healthy food.

Creativity- I possess an abundance of creativity and energy. I am enthusiastic about all my projects.

Travel- I have more than enough money to travel anytime, anywhere, creating beautiful memories.

Work- My ideal job and I are being brought together now. My work is deeply satisfying. My work is always recognized positively. I enjoy my work.

Spiritual- Today I embrace my spiritual awareness and invite my spiritual potential. I am a spiritual being.

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#302 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 05:23 PM

My DD (age 9) was inspired by my finished map and is doing a "test map" right now, as she calls it. She did one of her own last year - collage style - and it is still on her desk leaning against the wall. She seems reluctant to do one this year, so I'm just thrilled she is showing interest in part of the process (the artsy part).

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#303 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
where's the gal who started the whole idea, though? sky*hawk? i hope she did one! and hope she sees how many people she inspired!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
Well, Now that I'm "finished" I am coming across things I want to manifest. Is it ok to still add to the map, or is this just mercury tALKING? Like, it's really hard being a one car family, and some other material things...
I think it's fine. I have two new things to add today, a photo from a flyer that just arrived in the mail and an affirmation that "I am constantly learning new skills that benefit my family now and in the future".

I'd like to suggest that any of you who have already posted photos who are still editing/embellishing your maps update or delete the online photos after your map is finally finished. I never did update photos last year that I used as computer wallpaper, even though I made a couple of big changes. I don't think the updated parts worked because the old version was still out there, kwim?

I'm going to officially declare my 2010 map "done" on the full moon, and rephotograph it then, and either delete or update my online photos of my 2010 map.
#304 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 07:21 PM

Here's mine. You can't see it very well...the details, but you'll get the idea.
Treasure Map

ETA I love the book ones. I almost wish I'd done it that way. I like the idea of levels of privacy in a book and that it's portable.

Gwen , partner to D ; Mamma to T (6) , J (4) , and baby P
#305 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaG View Post
Treasure Map

ETA I love the book ones. I almost wish I'd done it that way. I like the idea of levels of privacy in a book and that it's portable.
Gorgeous!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#306 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 08:14 PM

That's beautiful, MammaG!
#307 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Treasure Map

Wow, that is stunning!!

I am really loving this! I love seeing everyone's maps.

Mine is hanging up right now and I feel a lot of what I put on there already happening for me. It is awesome!

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#308 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 PM

I'm so inspired by the chakra theme my map is taking I just bought a set of Chakra stones since part of my end goal is taking time to energize and so on. A friend of mine also heard what I was working on and gave me a neat little chakra alignment excercise she does that takes about 10 minutes so thats going to start to be part of my daily routine. It's neat how I don't even have my map entirely done and really only have the ground work and its already starting to come together in my life
#309 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 PM

So one of my goals on my treasure map is to contribute financially to the family in an easy way that doesn't interrupt our lifestyle. I am about to get fired now or within the next two months from my part time childcare job that is very very high stress for myself and my boys. I often feel disrespected and my oldest gets blamed for things he is a victim of. I've been having a hard time about it because it seemed to be going against my goals, but a mama I care about pointed out that it might be my TM starting to work. fingers crossed that it is the case.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#310 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 10:03 PM

I figured it out!!!!!!!!

I bought a black apron, and some fabric paint a few weeks ago, I wanted an apron to go with my garden box, and my little hip pouch dh bought me.

I'm using that as my TM, I will see it for the rest of the Spring and all Summer. In the fall I'll hang it in my kitchen and enjoy it through next years!!

It just happened to be folded in neat little squares....9 actually. And I had my family put little yellow thumb prints in each square.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#311 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Treasure Map

That is beautiful!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#312 of 558 Old 04-19-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
I figured it out!!!!!!!!

I bought a black apron, and some fabric paint a few weeks ago, I wanted an apron to go with my garden box, and my little hip pouch dh bought me.

I'm using that as my TM, I will see it for the rest of the Spring and all Summer. In the fall I'll hang it in my kitchen and enjoy it through next years!!

It just happened to be folded in neat little squares....9 actually. And I had my family put little yellow thumb prints in each square.
thats awesome! how creative!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#313 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 AM

THAT is so cool!! Can't wait to see it!

Quote:
I figured it out!!!!!!!!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#314 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I figured it out!!!!!!!!

That's freaking brilliant.

I'm not much of a gardener, and I don't wear aprons for anything, but that sounds so cool. I wish I were, just so I could have one, too!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#315 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I figured it out!!!!!!!!

That's awesome!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#316 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 AM

I love the apron idea too!

I am a gardener but in no way have the artistic talent to paint a map, let alone on fabric.

I'd love to see pics when it is done!
#317 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM

I'll show you guys, but I promise, it looks like my 4 yr old made it. I'm going to add a few words here and there, it's not FINISHED but it's pretty close.

I have never been artistic, I'm 27 yrs old and still draw stick people and smilies faces that look like emoticons : ) lol

Next year I'll probably break down and do one on our cork board.

HOWEVER, this is my 2nd apron, the first one I made says "Mama Lastname's Kitchen" 2008 and I have the kids hand prints on the pockets. It was just a way of preserving their size. I wear it in the kitchen and around the house.

Front of Apron...Back 1 and Back 2

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#318 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Right up my alley and very clever, Autumn Breeze!

I really like so many of the treasure maps this year. Thanks for sharing pictures!!!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#319 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 07:21 PM

I love seeing everyone's finished products!! They are all so beautiful!

The two days that my daughter and I did our TMs... were unbelievably peaceful and happy and just plain wonderful. We only listened to music those days and were just "in the moment." Felt very happy.

Here is my finished product. My first official Treasure Map. It just feels so perfectly right... And some images/words/phrases... I still don't understand why they chose me... but they did...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/10...333/MISC%20II/

You may have to type in CLIENTGUEST. Not sure if you'll have to or not.

I cannot wait to see how it manifests...

BTW... I'm having a particularly hard past 2 days... manifested feelings of longing, sadness, grief, unbelievable feelings of loss... of something that happened in December.... feelings laced so strongly with sadness that it hurts.

Hopefully... something will manifest to bring me out of all these feelings.

And, just wanted to thank you all for your words, inspiration, past experiences, and advice on TMs... Greatly appreciated!!

Anesidora
#320 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anesidora View Post
I love seeing everyone's finished products!!

BTW... I'm having a particularly hard past 2 days... manifested feelings of longing, sadness, grief, unbelievable feelings of loss... of something that happened in December.... feelings laced so strongly with sadness that it hurts.

Hopefully... something will manifest to bring me out of all this
Ditto, and HUGS!!!

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#321 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:

You may have to type in CLIENTGUEST. Not sure if you'll have to or not.

Hopefully... something will manifest to bring me out of all these feelings.

And, just wanted to thank you all for your words, inspiration, past experiences, and advice on TMs... Greatly appreciated!!

Anesidora
Hang in there. I bet the new doors will open soon!

By the way, I love seeing your map, it reminds me a lot of my own. Great things are coming our way, you'll see!

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#322 of 558 Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 PM

I haven't been able to do much, I've been so busy. I'm glad to hear we have until the 28th. The Earth Day event I'm planning is on the 24th, so when that's over I'll be able to focus on it more. I have gone through a few magazines to pull out some images & phrases, but I think doing it in front of the TV hasn't been the best idea. It's too distracting and I don't think I see all that I'm supposed to in the magazines. DP wants to do one, too, so I think we are going to spend Sunday the 25 sitting at the table listening to music and working on our maps. I can't wait to get it done. I need some new energy!

treehugger.gif
#323 of 558 Old 04-21-2010, 02:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I'll show you guys, but I promise, it looks like my 4 yr old made it. I'm going to add a few words here and there, it's not FINISHED but it's pretty close.

I have never been artistic, I'm 27 yrs old and still draw stick people and smilies faces that look like emoticons : ) lol

Next year I'll probably break down and do one on our cork board.

HOWEVER, this is my 2nd apron, the first one I made says "Mama Lastname's Kitchen" 2008 and I have the kids hand prints on the pockets. It was just a way of preserving their size. I wear it in the kitchen and around the house.

Front of Apron...Back 1 and Back 2

Love it! And I'm not crafty or artistic either

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#324 of 558 Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mine is working already. In the upper left corner, which was wealth.. I placed the word "win" . Tonight, I got the call that my daughter has won a brand new Toshiba laptop. We had purchased a raffle ticket. Very cool.

This is my first year trying this. I'm excited.
#325 of 558 Old 04-21-2010, 04:01 AM

awesome. I'm thinking of taking some lottery tickets and writing "winner" across them Couldn't hurt, right? I'll probably cut off the part with the numbers though so I'm not locked in to those numbers.

treehugger.gif
#326 of 558 Old 04-21-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:

Very cool! I almost put the same thing about kisses
about your sadness. Maybe it's last minute things letting go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post
Tonight, I got the call that my daughter has won a brand new Toshiba laptop. We had purchased a raffle ticket. Very cool.
Yay, how cool!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#327 of 558 Old 04-21-2010, 12:15 PM

Mine is still in process. Turning into a journally kind of thing. Hoping I get to craft store and replace my colored pencils soon so I can start the doodling, drawing, zentangle part of it.

Instead of affirmations, I am using positive quotes. I also like that it's portable and expandable.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#328 of 558 Old 04-21-2010, 05:16 PM

Finally took photos of our Treasure Maps.....

All four together:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ureMaps002.jpg

JB's:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ureMaps003.jpg

Mine:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ureMaps004.jpg

Dude, our 14yr old:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ureMaps007.jpg

Na'Na, our 5 yr old:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ureMaps006.jpg

Like I said in a previous post here, I totally love JB's. This was his first year and I think he rocked it. Everyone kinda just did their own thing regardless. As you can see, via placement of certain things, there was a lot of 'just winging it' going on
#329 of 558 Old 04-22-2010, 11:06 AM

I love seeing everyone's maps! I took some pictures of mine and am going to drop film off soon, so i think i will be able to show mine when i pick up the film; they put the pictures on a disc.

Mercury retrograde has caused me to put some stuff on the back of my map. I did the front bagua style, and then i wrote out some affirmations on orange paper and glued it to the back, and finished just before mercury turned. Then the next day, I started thinking about chakras and i saw some things i had cut out and not included and so i am pasting things on the back in a chakra layout. But it is going slow, as i have pulled out all my chakra books and am studying as well.

I came here though to tell ya'll about FROG. We had crow in here, remember? Well, as I was looking at my map, I noticed frogs in a couple different places, and then i remembered that on the first day of the new moon, we were all outside in the garden and i heard a loud bullfrog. I hadn't heard him before and I looked for him. I didn't see him but he was calling loudly from somewhere in my herb garden. I forgot all about it, and if he caused me to include those images, it was not conscious at all. The images are of a quilt in creativity that has frog blocks on it....i included it because i thought specifically i want to make a frog quilt. The other is in the travel section of a little boy in a campground with a frog in a jar. I put this to represent ds1, because i have some fond memories of him capturing a tree frog in his room as a toddler and because i want us to do more camping. ANYWAY, I looked up frog in the animal speak book and it says they are linked to lunar energies and are heralds of abundance and fertility. It says, "The frog is a totem of metamorphosis. It is a symbol of coming into one's own creative power." I thought this was super cool, and wanted to share.
I hope everyone has a great day today!

Mama to 3 boys 

#330 of 558 Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 PM

I was sure I wanted to put a picture of a baby and/or a pregnant woman on mine b/c DP and I want to get married in this next year and have another baby. I have been frustrated b/c I haven't been able to find any pictures I liked. Then it occurred to me that maybe it's because the baby needs to go on next year's map. We are hoping to get married next spring or summer, so baby/pregnancy wouldn't come until after that...after the next Aries New Moon. So, unless one really speaks to me, I think I'm done looking for baby pictures.

treehugger.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page