The Official Treasure Map of 2010 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 558 Old 04-28-2010, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oriole, how incredibly awesome for you! Congrats!
#362 of 558 Old 04-28-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSo View Post
Beautiful Life, yours is gorgeous. Stunning. Inspiring. The colors, the images you chose.... everything! I like the bookstyle, too.
Thank you! I am thinking of keeping one copy of everything in a scrapbook and then I am planning to frame and hang each page and put it in my bedroom so I can look at it everyday!

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#363 of 558 Old 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM

New to blogging, but here is a link to a recent post with pics of my TM/journal.

treehugger.gif
#364 of 558 Old 04-28-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I'm about to sit down with some sharpies and do some tweaking, myself, aweyn
so, what'd you do?
#365 of 558 Old 04-28-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
New to blogging, but here is a link to a recent post with pics of my TM/journal.
beautiful! (and so's your blog. love your what, sub title? sounds wonderful, although a tad exhausting... i now need a nap. )
#366 of 558 Old 04-29-2010, 01:17 AM

My map is the first I've ever done. This is my first attempt, but I already love how it makes me feel when I look at it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gdss/003-4.jpg

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#367 of 558 Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
btw---where is Lucimonster?

HA! What a delight to finally arrive at this thread and find this in the very first post, waiting for me!

I think I was too busy receiving wondrousness from the Universe and making time to make my treasure map to come by and visit, but you've all been in my heart these last weeks.
#368 of 558 Old 04-29-2010, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Super busy this week! So many posts all over Spirituality that I want to respond to , but I'll have to just do one here for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
#1 thing on my map last year? - to find a perfect house.
Result: We did find it in the beginning of April, but our offer was rejected.

That is wonderful! I've mapped that too, being "ready" for something. I also ended up being *really* ready, on the verge of getting it, but not succeeding. ETA not yet, anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacrys View Post
My first treasure map is complete!
That's wonderful! Thanks for posting the links. I love chakra maps especially this year.

Also, Beautiful Life , let me add my appreciation for your map to the general chorus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
My map is the first I've ever done. This is my first attempt, but I already love how it makes me feel when I look at it.
That is definitely the way it is supposed to work! Love your map, and especially the handholding picture.
#369 of 558 Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
whoa... I've never heard of this before, but it appeals to me. Do I have to wait to next year?

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#370 of 558 Old 04-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
whoa... I've never heard of this before, but it appeals to me. Do I have to wait to next year?
There are many versions of this concept. Vision boards (also called dream boards) can be done at any time. You can also journal your desires at any time. If you want to tap into the astrological aspects, you could do a map at any new moon. The most powerful time is Aries new moon, which is why Treasure Mapping is done then.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#371 of 558 Old 04-30-2010, 08:01 PM

aubergine, you know, i think my map doesnt want me taking pictures of it.
#372 of 558 Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 AM

hmmm, things are happening...an invitation to go to auctions, workshops on different things i want to be able to do, found that yoga class, and amazing job offer for my partner which has the potential to make many of the other dreams come true. also many little wishes seem to be right on, right now. it helps to refresh my mind in the mode of affirmations in the present. when i sit down to my animation i say, i'm finishing my animation.

#373 of 558 Old 05-01-2010, 09:58 AM

TM is moving!

My map has some images of chicks, including a picture of a little girl holding a chick. Yesterday I was offered 6 chickens, all ready to move out doors into a coop. A good laying breed, and my dd1 has been watching these chicks since they hatched (they were purchased to round out the flock at her preschool, but then a flock hen hatched out a dozen chicks and the "store bought" chicks would have been too much for the flock). It was totally out of the blue and we need to make a coop this weekend so we can bring them home next week. There's also a backyard poultry gathering tomorrow at our farmer's market. Yay!

I have an image that I selected because of the two girls on it (my dd1 and dd2) and the text says "rediscover heritage" (thinking along the lines of homesteading skills). Well, I used to belong to a religious group that was strongly Irish (my mom's family is Irish, and my DH is an Irish citizen) but left several years ago. Last night I had an overwhelming urge to reconnect with that group and took the first few steps to do so, even pulling out my Irish language tapes... and then remembered the "rediscover heritage" image!

I put lots of community images on too and have been invited to several playgroups and made a few new friends. Plus I'm now in charge of our local ICAN website (community building).

I have garden images with lilac trees and we just planted 4 lilacs, I have "beautiful home"/"lush garden" images and we're probably going to finish wiring our addition today and over the past week we've planted 4 apple trees, 2 cherry trees, and 6 raspberry canes (more cherries, roses on the way). And today we're building a new fire pit and I can see the "outdoor room" from my map taking shape!

Yay!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#374 of 558 Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 PM

so between starting and finishing my TM my new love relationship completely fell apart. i was the one to end it, but doesn't stop the grief.

i have stuff on the map about relationships but it's very non specific: symbols of and words about freddom, courage, strength, care..

ETA i forgot also that this person involved was someone i wished for last TM; there's a picture on there that looks just like him. he came into my life, long distance, online, last autumn equinox, we finally met just after spring equinox, both fell in love, then it all blew up right around new moon. what's it all mean?.....(maybe it's going OT but seems v relevant to me that he's capricorn i'm cancer).

now i wonder how to make better more sustainable manifestations around relationship this yr. i have a picture of a man again, this time a dr that i was drawn to, but i haven't put it on yet. i'm wary of putting such specific pictures on after this last experience, now i know how powerful they can be i want to be careful...plus i work in a hospital..;-)

suggestions?
#375 of 558 Old 05-03-2010, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
muse,
no photos for you.
not this year at least.

if you need to amend any words go for it. Even though we are in the waning moon.

hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#376 of 558 Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
muse,
no photos for you.
not this year at least.

if you need to amend any words go for it. Even though we are in the waning moon.

hugs
tracy, thank you. this was my gut instinct.
#377 of 558 Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 PM

Update on my map:

I put my maiden name on it in hopes of getting divorced. I also put that I would have more than enough money to meet my needs. Well, in a matter of DAYS I was able to come up with the filing fee for my divorce, and I am on a ridiculously tight budget. A lot of it was thanks to my work ethic, so that makes me happy. I should be able to file within weeks now!! Just need to get the paper work in order.

Also, I put on there that my back was strong. I used to wake up every single night in agony with back pain. I have only woken up ONCE with it since I put it on my TM. Wow!!!

How powerful!

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#378 of 558 Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 PM

Bunnyflakes:

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#379 of 558 Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 AM

That is sooo awesome Jaime! A lot of things are happening for me too.

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#380 of 558 Old 05-07-2010, 08:10 PM

bunnyflakes-

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#381 of 558 Old 05-08-2010, 12:15 AM

My map is lightening fast this year. We are moving cross country, already found a house, exactly where we wanted. More space and a bigger yard. Big things happening this year.
#382 of 558 Old 05-08-2010, 01:40 PM

This seems like a year with a lot of extra "zing"? So many people had small-ish movement this past year (though I know a few people who had darn near miracle maps )... and there seemed to be a lot of energy leading into this TM season. I should go re-read Tracy's articles!

#383 of 558 Old 05-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Can a map be done wrong? I'm wondering if I didn't do it right.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#384 of 558 Old 05-08-2010, 06:07 PM

i personally dont think so, but i suppose that's up for debate. why do you think you did it wrong?

although, i guess, i sort of feel the same way....

i've come to the realization that i didnt make a map this year. i made, instead, a puzzle. or a workbook... something to figure out. it's taking me on a voyage... so i guess in that sense, it's a map. but it's certainly not a conventional one.

huzzah for those who are getting action!
#385 of 558 Old 05-08-2010, 06:46 PM

I put down on my TM "nurture and cherish friendships that nourish me." Ah so now a couple of friendships that haven't been great have started to crumble. I think this is needed, but the growing pains are hard. Also, I'm not very good at clarifying or ending relationships. I'm a bit of a chicken. I need to make a "dear john" type of phone call and I'm a bit of a chicken. She has recently sent an email explaining her confusion and hurt. The person is nice and good but is not a friendship that is good for me, and I think that is hurting both of us.
I've learned through this (or have remembered) that I am good with having just a couple of good friends, and then a larger amount of casual friends that I see in the neighborhood or at homeschooling activities. I've also learned, with some intuitive help, that at this point in my life, I really need to be focusing on healing me, and am simply not very good at reaching out and having lots of regular connections.

Maybe I should have added courage to my map!

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#386 of 558 Old 05-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post

Maybe I should have added courage to my map!
It's never too late!
#387 of 558 Old 05-08-2010, 07:13 PM

I have togetherness and closness for our family and what I've gotten is taking both the IL's and my own family out of our lives. I'm sure that doing so means closeness for us, but I'm not feeling so close to anyone anymore.

#388 of 558 Old 05-09-2010, 02:12 PM

I think sometimes the TM process leads to really unexpected fullfillments. Like the poster up thread who had things about decluttering and lost her home... her new space/life was decluttered, but not in the way she'd envisioned. Or the image I used a few years ago... I thought it symbolized getting my MLS but instead it became a very accurate image of leaving my career for a chance to SAH for a while. Not what I wanted, but maybe what I needed?

Maybe your TM is guiding you into a period of contraction to strengthen thet roots of your family before growing/blossoming out into a wider "closeness"? Sort of ensuring that your immediate ties will remain strong/close even as your networks grow?

I don't think a TM can be done "wrong" since it's a manifestation of your hopes/dreams/wants/needs at the moment when the TM is created. But I do think that sometimes a TM shows the ultimate goal that we want and then there is a period of unanticipated "getting there". And that period may feel backwards or even wrong, but it isn't really... it's just part of the journey.

#389 of 558 Old 05-09-2010, 03:05 PM

ahh, yes. what she said.
#390 of 558 Old 05-09-2010, 03:17 PM

I never looked at it that way. My immediate (dh, dp, kids) family are growing ever closer now that we've lost those negative influences, I just think I'm kind of lonely. Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page