The Official Treasure Map of 2010 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 558 Old 06-08-2010, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
in terms of adding to the map, I would wait for cancer new moon which is in about a month.

OK...do you know what dates? So I can write it in my calendar so my ADD self won't forget? Thanks in advance

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#422 of 558 Old 06-09-2010, 02:58 PM

i believe that will be July 11, Maiasaura.

i haven't shown my map yet, but i just took a picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50665261@N07/4685949180/
the front, arranged bagua style
-sorry, the pics are pretty blurry-
and the back, possibly not complete, arranged loosely in a chakra way:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5066526...n/photostream/

Mama to 3 boys 

#423 of 558 Old 06-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Is it too late to make a treasure map/vision board?

Also, I am on myspace a lot but I don't have any positive-minded friends, I thought it would be fun to add each other to our myspace/facebook pages so that we can cheer each other on and also lift each other up when we are not having a good day. Here is my myspace profile if you want to add me. www.myspace.com/psychodelicbitch
#424 of 558 Old 06-12-2010, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
You can make a vision board any time you want.

but a treasure map is made during the Aries new Moon in either March or
April.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#425 of 558 Old 06-12-2010, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

whoops.

#426 of 558 Old 06-12-2010, 10:34 AM

Making changes.

So in my map I put down a date for a race I want to run....since making my map the organizers of the race have changed the date. When should I change the date on my map so it's the acutal date of the the race?

Thanks.
#427 of 558 Old 06-12-2010, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmom View Post
Making changes.

So in my map I put down a date for a race I want to run....since making my map the organizers of the race have changed the date. When should I change the date on my map so it's the acutal date of the the race?

Thanks.
do that now.

#428 of 558 Old 06-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Thanks Tracy--it's done.
#429 of 558 Old 06-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Okay..here's my cool stories.
I needed a new web designer and I have a picture on my TM (it's drawing I got from clip art) of a girl behind a computer. I actually had a webdesigner already but was deciding whether or not to keep him at the time I did the TM. The picture of the lady at the computer was to represent all areas in which I could use help related to my business. So in the end I fired the other designer but let it go for a few weeks not wanting to deal with it. Long story short I found a wahm here on MDC and hired her. I quickly noticed that her logo image is almost the same as my clip art image on my website. And I knew right then, she was the one for me. lol
So I hired her last week and she hustled her butt off and got a great new website for me.

Also I put on my TM an image I got that says "as seen on TV" near that and on another word image I put "Oprah". Just a few days ago I saw that Oprah is having auditions for hosting your own TV show. So I have a video up. We'll see how good my TM really works, eh???

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#430 of 558 Old 06-19-2010, 04:58 PM

WOW! Good Luck, Jamie. I can see you know well how to use your Aries energy and I bet it helps you to win. i am not a big tv watcher, but i will be excited to watch your show.

Mama to 3 boys 

#431 of 558 Old 06-23-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks Ms. Shell!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#432 of 558 Old 06-23-2010, 10:54 PM

I had a section about my work as a doula and I was worried that it would get a little difficult to seperate from my hopes to have a baby. I think it worked.

As I was making it, I saw this circle that said "register now" (it was probably for a yoga retreat/conference or something) and just felt that it belonged on the map. Yesterday, I got an email from the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada that they have invited me to do an oral presentation at the conference (that I now have to register for!).

I also found an image, it was a whole page, but it said "Babies come to us (it said completely pure, but I took that part out because the wording sounded strange to me), but I added "Happy and Healthy". I was speaking with an intuitive and she was saying that she saw the possibility of twins (the image of a boy who morphed into a girl and then back to a boy). We aren't ttc yet because I feel that there are still things that need to be taken care of (energy block in sacral chakra) but I will keep working on it. I keep hearing October...but we'll see (I have no idea the significance of the month but it repeats itself).

So exciting to see the movement in the maps and how they are manifesting in our lives.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#433 of 558 Old 06-25-2010, 05:53 PM

Update...

I have a section on my map that is focused on getting a new to us vehicle... "seats 8", "budget $8000", and the pictures were of various silver vehicles. Well, it looks like we'll be buying a used 2004 Honda Odyssey from friends. It's red, and $9900, but it does seat 8! And it's got lots of bells/whistles I wouldn't have thought to ask for (like dvd players and heated leather seats ), and it even has good bumper stickers (I live in a bumper sticker intensive town).

Another section is focused on off grid/preparedness/self reliance and my mom stopped by yesterday and told us to give her a list... she wants to provide us with everything we'd need for a month. Food, water, medicine, toiletries, and so on, up to and including a backup generator! The works! Squee!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#434 of 558 Old 06-25-2010, 06:05 PM

Small update -

DH decided to complain to me about some on-going chest pains. He eats like an 18 y.o. and really doesn't exercise and is not concerned about his health much. I promptly freaked out and now he is committed in changing his diet and exercise. Of course he has also seen our MD and is following up with her on this complaint, but wow did it scare him!

I checked my map and sure enough under a small picture of our family was the words happy, healthy and loved. Happy is under me (still waiting on this) and healthy is under him. I meant it for our family as a whole but wow now I'm starting to wonder and believe ...

Also DH has his own TM and on it is a picture of him with muscles and P90x along with all of us running a 5k. Since this alarm - DH has gotten back to doing that exercise program and is actually keeping with it.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#435 of 558 Old 06-26-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
i believe that will be July 11, Maiasaura.
So...Tracy...you said wait to add more things until this new moon, on July 11th, but I will be away. via flight, and can't bring my whole poster-board-sized map.

I'll be home on the 12th, around, I'm guessing 4pm, but won't be able to add anything till probably more towards 8pm.

Is there a 3-day window like the Aries new moon? I should think there is...is July 12th 8pm in that window? Can I add things then?

I'm thinking...we're working on moving, out of state, and here is what I want to add:

1) selling my house by this fall, and breaking even with the price (the housing market stinks right now-- people are *maybe* breaking even, and it's taking roughly 5-9 months to sell). I just put it on the market.

2) getting an apt. in our new area (I have a specific one in mind, but if that didn't work out, I'd want a specific price range and certain other things included, such as heat/hot water) as our house sells, so we don't have to overlap rent/mortgage.

Any tips would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#436 of 558 Old 06-28-2010, 04:26 PM

Okay, my map is really starting to manifest. Here are a couple of interesting things:

WAH was a significant portion of my map. Next to make money at home, I put a picture of a stack of $100 bills. I don't think its a coincidence that I just earned my very first payment for work done at home, and it was cash, a $100 bill! Hopefully there are more of those heading my way!

another thing i noticed last night when i was looking at my map is also related to WAH. I cut something out that said "find your niche," but I wrote in an s to make it say niches. I glued this down thinking of the etsy shop i want to open; i didn't want to make something that lots of other people are making, but then I didn't want 1 niche and have to make the same something over and over.
I haven't opened my etsy shop yet, but I did start my blog....and the name of my blog is "Sewing and Growing." I am writing about both sewing and gardening. So, I guess I have found my niches! I wasn't thinking about that (niches) at all when I decided about the blog. Weird how that worked out.

and then another funny little thing happened. There are 2 pictures on my map of a three story farmhouse....it's not that i want a 3 story house....i put that to represent that our farmhouse will be plenty big enough. Anyway, my dp's grandmother passed away recently and his mother has been sending me the craft items she finds in her house. She just sent over this huge (like 2x4 foot) (unstitched) embroidery panel that is a 3 story farmhouse. As soon as ds saw it, he said "look, its just like the house on your map." Weird, huh?

Mama to 3 boys 

#437 of 558 Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Ok so some more movement on my TM - We got several seedlings from a friend of a friend yesterday (in trade for our pears at the end of the year) I totally thought we were just getting some tomatoes but instead we got tomatoes, lemon basil, 3 radish plants and 4 eggplant seedlings. On my TM I have "create the best veggie garden" - and many of the veggies have come to us, along with my parents helping us till, and getting up the fencing. The garden appears to have taken on a life of its own.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#438 of 558 Old 06-30-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
The garden appears to have taken on a life of its own.
Gardens will do that...and that life will grow and evolve. Congrats to you on getting your hands in the dirt and I hope you enjoy your garden and that it produces well for you! Lemon basil sounds yummy!

Mama to 3 boys 

#439 of 558 Old 06-30-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
So...Tracy...you said wait to add more things until this new moon, on July 11th, but I will be away. via flight, and can't bring my whole poster-board-sized map.

I'll be home on the 12th, around, I'm guessing 4pm, but won't be able to add anything till probably more towards 8pm.

Is there a 3-day window like the Aries new moon? I should think there is...is July 12th 8pm in that window? Can I add things then?

I'm thinking...we're working on moving, out of state, and here is what I want to add:

1) selling my house by this fall, and breaking even with the price (the housing market stinks right now-- people are *maybe* breaking even, and it's taking roughly 5-9 months to sell). I just put it on the market.

2) getting an apt. in our new area (I have a specific one in mind, but if that didn't work out, I'd want a specific price range and certain other things included, such as heat/hot water) as our house sells, so we don't have to overlap rent/mortgage.

Any tips would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
yes there is 3 day window.

"My house sells swiftly and for the price that I want."

"My new place in _____ is easily found and for the perfect price for us".

#440 of 558 Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
yes there is 3 day window.

"My house sells swiftly and for the price that I want."

"My new place in _____ is easily found and for the perfect price for us".

YAY, yay, yay! Thank you, Tracy!! I'm so excited!

#441 of 558 Old 06-30-2010, 09:21 PM

Hello TM'ing mamas! I had to pop in and share the goings on with my map so far this year

Silly trivial things first I posted things like 'get the look' and pictures of clothes/accessories I liked...a couple of weeks ago my glasses broke and I picked out a funky new pair and rx sunglasses and got a new hair style that makes me feel great!

I have had a good sized section about my garden for the last couple of years.. it's looking great so far! Tomatoes, silverbeet, shallots and a tower of strawberries with more to come

The best bit of all... has been coming for a few years. A bit of painful backstory... I have two children that are now 17/21 that I have been prevented from seeing/communicating with over the years by their father & stepmother. It has been hard and threw me into huge depressions.

On 2008's map (i think it was) I pasted their pictures onto a family picture with the rest of us and the centre of my map was about 'bringing family together' It didn't quite work how I planned... that Dec my then 20yr old was in a catastropic car accident. It brought us together in that I flew over and stayed with him in his ICU room as he was in a coma for 5 weeks... his younger brother was there as well. And their father... sad and hard as it was, it allowed us all (well except the 2oyr old) to heal old wounds and start the road to recovering relationships. I eventually had to fly home and my son made a spectacular recovery to beat all the odds.

On 2009's map, one corner was devoted to travel.. specifically BACK home to see my son whole & well. A picture of the state with their city circled, an airplane etc. A year ago this week I was back there with them for 3 weeks

On THIS years map, I have a section devoted to my sons desire to come live with us at least for a while. Coming home it's captioned... and his father has gotten him a passport.. and we are talking to immigration RIGHT now about a migrant visa and the in's and out's of those. And investigating plane tickets!!!! We are *hoping* to have him here within 3months.

I'm just amazed anew every year at how this TM business really does work. It has helped (& still is) me fix a huge hole in my life.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#442 of 558 Old 07-01-2010, 06:17 AM

oh, Cari, that's lovely! You made me almost start to cry with happiness for you. I am hoping he is home with you and you all are happy and well and together soon.

i had another image from my map come to me today. In the marriage corner, I have a little piece with two white birds flying over rainbow swirly colors. I was thinking they were something like lovebirds, but the white peace birds just looked lovely and seemed appropriate for the calm peaceful energy I want for us.
So, again, today, my dp brought home things that his mother had sent me from his grandmother's house. ANd there was another piece of stitchery, but this time it was completed. A beautiful piece of needlework that is now on my sewing room wall. The motif in the middle is those exact same 2 white birds, and they are also over a field of swirly different colors. Pretty much the exact image as on my map. neato!

Mama to 3 boys 

#443 of 558 Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM

yay, cari!

ms shell, that totally gave me shivers! how beautiful.

some funny little things from my "map"/puzzle... of the "not quite what i had in mind" sort:

~i had "lighten up" in my "be more joyful" section-- i've lost 15 lbs.
~i had "a stronger state of health" in my wellness section-- we moved states, and my mystery symptoms have vanished
~i had "a green yard" in my eco-gardening/grow my own food area-- we bought a house with grass (an oddity for my area)
~i had "flower power" in my "things of me" section (to remind myself that i'm a flower gardener at heart, and roses are as valuable as tomatoes)-- i've discovered a local flower essences company that makes a remedy that really resonates with me, and is really helping me right now

i love those little TM gems...
#444 of 558 Old 07-01-2010, 03:09 PM

Wow, hi mamas!

Well, though this was my first TM and there was not much on it, I did mention before I did not see anything happening. But now I realize, things were happening, I just didn't see them!

One of the things I have on my map is the word spiritual. This sudden, my kids and I are going to join the UU church. I also have a picture of a group holding hands, and now I'm going to finally get the community I have been looking for.

I put the creative on the map and just finished editing my book, received an email from the publisher saying the want the manuscript and having it proof read by some friends!

I also have a picture between the words spiritual and creative of a blooming plant. I realize, that though the journey I am taking is not the one I had wanted, I am finally allowing myself growth through these things.

So wow, the TM really is moving along! I just had to open my eyes to see it.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#445 of 558 Old 07-11-2010, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

it will be Cancer New Moon.

At this time we should take a look at our maps and see what progress and results have taken place since Aries new moon when we made our maps.
For some of us (as previous posters) have indicated there have been many concrete results. For some of us we are still not there with the results we had hoped. Take heart. it does not mean our maps are not working. Especially given that this Summer has got a lot of tough aspects. Perhaps some of our goals on Aries new Moon will be as strongly important to us after summer has taken place. Or perhaps after this summer is over we will be EVEN more committed to our maps and a lot of the results will come in Libra new moon.

Whatever it is ...just take a moment in the next few days and enjoy your map. Know your actions were not wasted.

hugs
Tracy

#446 of 558 Old 07-11-2010, 04:35 PM

Thanks Tracy (and thank you for your amazing articles too)! I was actually thinking about my TM this morning. How does the Cancer New Moon tie into the TM unfolding process?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#447 of 558 Old 07-11-2010, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

it is a check in point. kind of like on a marathon a spot to get water.
check your timing, see how you are doing then continue on...

#448 of 558 Old 07-11-2010, 06:43 PM

This is my first year doing a treasure map and it was looking GREAT for awhile. I was so close to getting exactly what I mapped, down to the last detail. It seemed almost surreal.

BUT with the events of last week, it looks like a complete derailment, a 180 turn from the direction me and my family were going. It was quite a shock. I don't know which way it will go and I may not know for several months *sigh*

Anyone else experiencing this?
#449 of 558 Old 07-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I need to work up something to add. I have some images, but I need to put them together in a way I can add to my map.

I am feeling no movement and feeling very annoyed, discouraged and generally blah about the whole thing. I think defeated is a good word.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#450 of 558 Old 07-12-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbutts View Post
.... with the events of last week, it looks like a complete derailment, a 180 turn from the direction me and my family were going. It was quite a shock. I don't know which way it will go and I may not know for several months *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post
... I think defeated is a good word.
yes, and yes. it happens. mine was a combo of these last year, til it came almost entirely true (in totally not the way i'd imagined) literally 3 days before this year's TM..... hugs!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page