The Official Treasure Map of 2010 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2010, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Singin!! so good to see you!! I'm so glad; you sound so good!

pssst...I have a house for sale in Asheville, NC, if you're interested

Most of the movement on my map so far has been in the decluttering and budgeting areas. I'm hoping for major movement in the "moving" (as in out of area) department, and SOON

Soon as my house sells...anyone wanna buy a house? It's really cute, honest...

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 06:10 PM

Maia - you are too cute mama! Probably not moving to NC though. I was thinking of staying within the country. We are planning a trip with the youth I work with to the US. We will hang out with the Marines again (I work with a group that would be equivalent to the Civil Air Patrol I am told). Thanks for the offer though I do hope for you that you sell it exactly when you should and that everything goes well!

I forgot about the decluttering part I put on my map. It was working well until I just wasn't home due to births/postpartum/classes. It isn't DH's strong suit. (look at his desk, you'd understand) haha. I was doing the flylady thing when I was at home though and feeling very accomplished. Hopefully in the next little bit, I will be able to have enough time to be at home to actually do it (I was leaving around 8am and getting back around 10pm for an average postpartum/classes day).

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

Old 08-20-2010, 06:30 PM

it is really cute. i want it. but i'm on the other side of the country!

just coming to wave hi to singin and send great big hugs!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Just another map update!

Prosperity: I put lots of pictures of money, checks, a woman holding a piggy bank surrounded by $, a nice car, a nice flat screen computer (tablet style), etc. We were very concerned about how money would work out (still are to be honest) because my husband is not renewing his contract at his job and will be out of a job come November. That is VERY scary for us, but its necessary as his body can't handle his job anymore, and it would require us to move across the country, which is not acceptable. So - no more job. Still - I put the $ images on there hoping $ would come our way somehow. I also put a big sign that says "work at home! Stay home with your family and enjoy a great new career!"

Well, a friend of mine and I are planning to start our own business together, and based on our conservative projections, we should be doing REALLY well. It is also the type of business that my family can be a part of it!! SO - while I won't be home the whole time, I can spend more time at home, get a full time income, and have my family at work or home with me. Also - we will be getting the type of computers for our business that I put in my treasure map! weird and cool!

I also had a picture of a new phone in my prosperity section. Well... I had to get a new phone because my daughter broke mine LOL. That's one way to get a new phone.

House and Home: I have a lot of images fo rhow I want my house to feel. I don't think I've accomplished that yet, aside from having a few candle lanterns which were on my map. But - there is still plenty of time, and we are in the midst of looking for homes for sale by owner with about a third acre so that I can do a backyard homestead, which has been a longtime dream of mine.

Marriage and Family: I put a lot of pictures of families together, doing things like crafts and gardening, etc. I've done a lot of crafts with my littles and their friends. We are trying to get a house with a yard that we can call our own so we can do a backyard homestead, in which I plan to garden with my littles... still hoping that one comes to fruition. I do have a picture of kids books and my girls have both been very interested in books lately, which makes me happy.

Health & Well Being: I posted a LOT about weight loss, how I would feel when I lose weight, having a healthy year, and lots of pictuers of exercise and healthy foods. I recently started a diet and have been losing the weight more easily than I have ever before. I don't feel deprived and I'm seeing the rewards on the scale. I'm staying motivated, and hoping that by Treasure Map next year I'll be most of my way to my goal.

Interests and Hobbies: I posted a picture of a girl holding a school, and thought maybe it would signify me going back to school. I think it is manifesting in another way. The business my friend and I are opening is a type of school/clinic. The girl hugging the school in the picture looks just like my friend!

I also posted a picture of people gardening and composting. I'm really really really hoping we can get that house so we can do a backyard homestead!!!

Friends and Social Life: I hadn't posted much in this category. I posted the words "inner circle" "Make friends" & " more style." I also posted a coffee cup and a pictgure of two friends hugging one another. Honestly this section looks pretty bare. I lost my best friend of 15 years to disagreements and changes neither of us could agree to. BUT - losing it has cleared a way for new wonderful people in my life... maybe that's what all that negative space on that portion of the map is signifying.

DD2: I made a mini map for her. I put "friends" on her map and she has more friends than we know what to do with - and she starts school next week where I'm sure she'll make more!

DD1: I put "back to school" on her map and she will start back to school in the next week or two. I'm nervous, but excited about this.

Happiness and Emotions: I posted "My new life begins here." We had planned on moving home to AZ, but after I made the map, decided (as a COMPLETE surprise to us) to stay here in TX. Never would have considered that.... but sure enough - our new life begins HERE... not in AZ.

I also put "Make a fresh start." After my miscarriage, I felt like that's exactly what I needed. I don't think the miscarriage was "manifested" in any way as a way to make that happen, but maybe it was one of many options for how the fresh start could have begun... I cut my hair, I'm losing weight, I have new friends, we are planning our new life here, looking at buying a house, hubby is quitting his job, girls are starting at a new school, and i'm starting a new business with my best friend here. I'd say that's a fresh start.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:04 AM

greenmamato2- that's awesome!!! how very exciting to see your intentions moving, and manifesting!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:45 AM

greenmamato2 -
All of that is awesome and exciting. Best of wishes to you as you move forward with your plans and your new life!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 AM

So far, quite a few things on my map have manifested! I have pictures of wide open spaces of farmland and the words "Expand your horizons" and "Life is on the move" ...well, my daughter and I have moved to OREGON!!! I also have "Planting seeds for the future" which can be many things... including finishing up my prerequisites for midwifery school. I have "Birthingway Fall 2010" and I am now enrolled for the A&P class at Birthingway in Portland for FALL 2010! There are quite a few other things I can't think of right now, but I'm really looking forward to the rest playing out...

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Well, I thought I would dust off the Treasure Map thread for the Sag New Moon which commences in an hour (12:30 EST).  I wanted to share with you guys that this is going to be a strong lunar phase.

Uranus which has been retrograde (going backwards) since July is going to turn direct in about eight hours. This is a HUGE move by Uranus and the fact that is is taking place on Sag New Moon adds more bells and whistles to this lunar phase.  

Once Uranus turns direct it will be heading for Aries.  Except for a brief moment in June when it left Pisces and tip his toe in Aries it has been in Pisces since 2003.   We have been in a whirlwind of activity since 2003 that has felt a wee bit out of our control.   Certainly the natural disasters reached levels that I had only read about when I study ancient history in college.   Anyway, in March Uranus will leave Pisces for good and head into Aries where it will be until 2018.    And let me tell you ARIES is a way different kettle of fish than Pisces (no pun intended).

But why am I bringing all this up now on Treasure Map thread?

Because I believe those of you who have felt 'stuck' or not felt the groove come out of your treasure map, you should prepare for changes between now and the next Tresure Map (april). 

There is going to be so much energy this phase that things that were stuck will have to loosen.   Kind of like a little earthquake.   And if the shake up does not happen now, it will definitely get shaking on Capricorn lunar period next month.  

There is just too much going on for the same ol thing to remain being the same ol thing.

I know this time of the year is so crammed with business but don't let the business get in the way of you starting to seize your life and opportunities also, if it looks like crisis consider that to also be an opportunity. 

A lot going on!

Tracy

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi Tracy, I've been hearing things about this new sag moon too!     Does this also mean that we can make a new TM, or alter the existing one? Or should we not do that?

Blessings, Danielle

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Old 12-05-2010, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, Danielle,

No you do not ditch your map..  Just the opposite.  If there are parts of your map that has felt mordibun I would suggest that in the next three months it is going to get activaed beginning with this lunar phase!!! 

The seeds that were planted last spring are important and this month there is going to be some churning to get to those results!

What gets churned up now will be pushed further next month on capricorn.

tracy

Old 12-05-2010, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

it would be wonderful to finally get some movement toward fulfilling my map! i'm just hoping that the ride doesn't get much bumpier; i don't know if i can handle it (physically).

Old 12-05-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post

it would be wonderful to finally get some movement toward fulfilling my map! i'm just hoping that the ride doesn't get much bumpier; i don't know if i can handle it (physically).

tell me about it.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 12-24-2010, 09:12 AM

has anybody seen any movement at all? i'm being impatient, i know, but i'm just... tired of waiting and struggling...redface.gif

Old 12-24-2010, 09:31 AM

I'm so glad this got bumped (I haven't been around much recently)...but I have begun to think about next years map...and I was wondering when we could/should start thinking about what we want on our maps and how we're going to construct them.

I have been doing a lot of cleaning, and cleaning out of things we no longer need, use or want, so that has led my mind to Treasure Mapping, and I have found myself already trying to decide where I'm going to put it, and how I am going to construct it. Last years "great idea" did not work out so well in terms of construction, appearance, and where I was able to keep it. However, looking at the map itself I do see a lot of success. I kept it "simple" and am very pleased, so I would really like to participate again and make something better this year :)

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 12-25-2010, 03:50 AM

I've seen some of my map come together. I had a section on pregnancy...and tada...we are expecting for July! I also had a work section and I was invited to speak at a conference in another province (the conference was one for the OBs, MWs, RNs, and LCs in Canada). I did go :) I had a section on money and so far, this year has been better than last. 

Where I have yet to see movement is owning a home, and what is killing me most right now is spirituality. I have a strong desire to connect and yet I'm not feeling it. 

Looking forward to hearing the movement on your maps in the next few months. 

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

Old 12-25-2010, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:

has anybody seen any movement at all? i'm being impatient, i know, but i'm just... tired of waiting and struggling...redface.gif

mama i just wanted to share something with you. 

a little bit of my tm journey. to give you hope. 

i've been doing TMs for 6 years now. i started it at a momentous period in my life. i was going thru immense pain of being a new single mama and trying to make it in the world. and i was on a path of rediscovering myself. the first map i cant remember if anything happened. the second map nothing material happened that i'd asked for... but at the core of my map (i did a circular one with me at the center) was me wanting more personal growth. oh boy i grew in leaps and bounds. and i realised a lot that i had put on the map though big wasnt really what i wanted. i'd think of my map and say 'whew - TG it didnt come true.' 

sometimes just doing the map was phenomenal. for the last 3 years i end up doing 2 maps. i'd finish my first map and then find nah that's not what i want. i enjoyed the process to do it though. i was sooo excited to find the pictures or write the words. last year my friends encouraged me to do it. and when i got into it i loooved it. i had cut pictures galore. but i put half of them on there and not the rest. no words this time. and then again after the tm period passed i wanted just one picture.

i still still remember that second TM. i got such a huge jolt, a boost - that peace and calm inside that i was changed forever. i dont remember my 3rd map so much. but omg its now scary for me to put things on my TM. 4 years ago i put down that i wanted to move to the next city. i got accepted at a cohousing community and then our family emergency happened and i refused. since then things have been moving and being put in place to make the move probably next year. the timing will be great. esp as a coparent. 

the last 3 years i have done TMs as a party. just to have fun. i really didnt want to do it because i felt oh what the heck i know these things WILL happen. i dont need to make a TM to make it happen. but still i loved it. it was so much fun just doing it and imagining what it could look like. 

i have always asked for big things - done it my way - what felt right for me - and was never focused on money or car or house kinda thing. all the things that move me forward - that help me get to my destination - is all happening. its almost like when i jump the gun on certain things they dont happen then. they happen a little later. last year i put a picture that i had taken earlier of a place i'd like to be more involved with. guess what by the end of that year i was in training to do just that. i have put picture of house in my TM. TG it never came true. I did not want that house. i dont even today ya know. 

so for me i notice the TM has been a gradual step by step thing. the key was my second map - that was my biggest. i am not hte same person i was then and now. my wants, needs, desires, hopes are all completely different than what was on that map. if some of it had come true it would have been shackles holding me back instead of moving forward. 

so perhaps i think for me - a knowing of what i REALLY want as opposed to what i should want is what the TM really brought out. 

but everyone's journey is sooo different. so so so different. i just wanted to give you hope that there is something bigger out there that you are perhaps not aware of. esp. if things get worse. i have learnt not to be afraid but to step back and watch what is the true outcome. and the outcome is beyond joy - it is so much more powerful. 

never let hope die mama. believe that great things will come to you. the timing may not be the way you want it, but it always will. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 01-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Wow, Tracy. That is really interesting. I didn't get to reading this until just now, but I totally see this change with Uranus having an effect. I have been wanting to play guitar for a really long time and finally this month I am taking lessons and it is going super well. There are other things on my map that haven't moved much (like studying Latin), so I am hoping that will happen with Capricorn.

Coyotebones (Michelle)
Old 01-02-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Okay...Sag lunar cycle is almost over.  On  Tuesday January 4 we will begin Capricorn New Moon.  This begins the final stretch of our Treasure Map. Between January and April We will be in the final three months for This Treasure Map.   This period for many of us will be the big moves for our Map.  Some of us may have had some action but not ton and will find ourselves moving tons between now and April.  One year I had everything huge come towards me in the final 2 weeks of the cycle.   I saw action start happening in Capricorn lunar phase (January) and then it picked up more and more speed that the major pieces fell into place in March.

Anyway, I encourage those of you who have not looked at your map (even the ones who didn't do it last month) to please do it this cycle.  Take Cap New Moon to meditate. I think you will be surprised.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

Quote:

mama i just wanted to share something with you. 

a little bit of my tm journey. to give you hope. 

i've been doing TMs for 6 years now. i started it at a momentous period in my life. i was going thru immense pain of being a new single mama and trying to make it in the world. and i was on a path of rediscovering myself. the first map i cant remember if anything happened. the second map nothing material happened that i'd asked for... but at the core of my map (i did a circular one with me at the center) was me wanting more personal growth. oh boy i grew in leaps and bounds. and i realised a lot that i had put on the map though big wasnt really what i wanted. i'd think of my map and say 'whew - TG it didnt come true.' 

sometimes just doing the map was phenomenal. for the last 3 years i end up doing 2 maps. i'd finish my first map and then find nah that's not what i want. i enjoyed the process to do it though. i was sooo excited to find the pictures or write the words. last year my friends encouraged me to do it. and when i got into it i loooved it. i had cut pictures galore. but i put half of them on there and not the rest. no words this time. and then again after the tm period passed i wanted just one picture.

i still still remember that second TM. i got such a huge jolt, a boost - that peace and calm inside that i was changed forever. i dont remember my 3rd map so much. but omg its now scary for me to put things on my TM. 4 years ago i put down that i wanted to move to the next city. i got accepted at a cohousing community and then our family emergency happened and i refused. since then things have been moving and being put in place to make the move probably next year. the timing will be great. esp as a coparent. 

the last 3 years i have done TMs as a party. just to have fun. i really didnt want to do it because i felt oh what the heck i know these things WILL happen. i dont need to make a TM to make it happen. but still i loved it. it was so much fun just doing it and imagining what it could look like. 

i have always asked for big things - done it my way - what felt right for me - and was never focused on money or car or house kinda thing. all the things that move me forward - that help me get to my destination - is all happening. its almost like when i jump the gun on certain things they dont happen then. they happen a little later. last year i put a picture that i had taken earlier of a place i'd like to be more involved with. guess what by the end of that year i was in training to do just that. i have put picture of house in my TM. TG it never came true. I did not want that house. i dont even today ya know. 

so for me i notice the TM has been a gradual step by step thing. the key was my second map - that was my biggest. i am not hte same person i was then and now. my wants, needs, desires, hopes are all completely different than what was on that map. if some of it had come true it would have been shackles holding me back instead of moving forward. 

so perhaps i think for me - a knowing of what i REALLY want as opposed to what i should want is what the TM really brought out. 

but everyone's journey is sooo different. so so so different. i just wanted to give you hope that there is something bigger out there that you are perhaps not aware of. esp. if things get worse. i have learnt not to be afraid but to step back and watch what is the true outcome. and the outcome is beyond joy - it is so much more powerful. 

never let hope die mama. believe that great things will come to you. the timing may not be the way you want it, but it always will. 

thanks for the encouragement!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

Okay...Sag lunar cycle is almost over.  On  Tuesday January 4 we will begin Capricorn New Moon.  This begins the final stretch of our Treasure Map. Between January and April We will be in the final three months for This Treasure Map.   This period for many of us will be the big moves for our Map.  Some of us may have had some action but not ton and will find ourselves moving tons between now and April.  One year I had everything huge come towards me in the final 2 weeks of the cycle.   I saw action start happening in Capricorn lunar phase (January) and then it picked up more and more speed that the major pieces fell into place in March.

Anyway, I encourage those of you who have not looked at your map (even the ones who didn't do it last month) to please do it this cycle.  Take Cap New Moon to meditate. I think you will be surprised.

i will be sooo thrilled to get some massive movement on my map. would it be good or help in any way to do smaller, short-term vision boards on each new moon?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

I think there is something to be said about a little 'mini me' board on new moons.  I can see how some people might feel compelled to make them just to get the full vibe of the moon.  In an ideal world the energy that is picked up upon should help the bigger goals of the TM.   For example this Moon is all about being responsible and ambitious and putting things together that make a bigger picture... perfect for our maps.   Where it might not work for people to make a mini map every moon is when it creates too many mixed messages and gets a person too split up...too much information can overwhelm.    Maybe the answer is to take an orange (lower chakra) and write down the things you want to accomplish based on the moon and see if that helps energize the TM.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:

I think there is something to be said about a little 'mini me' board on new moons.  I can see how some people might feel compelled to make them just to get the full vibe of the moon.  In an ideal world the energy that is picked up upon should help the bigger goals of the TM.   For example this Moon is all about being responsible and ambitious and putting things together that make a bigger picture... perfect for our maps.   Where it might not work for people to make a mini map every moon is when it creates too many mixed messages and gets a person too split up...too much information can overwhelm.    Maybe the answer is to take an orange (lower chakra) and write down the things you want to accomplish based on the moon and see if that helps energize the TM.

perhaps a silly question, but did you mean an orange or an orange piece of paper?

Old 01-05-2011, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

paper

Old 01-14-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:

paper

Orange, LOL!! I wonder how one would write on an orange winky.gif

Tracy-- What do you make of this?? It's getting BIG news: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/horoscope-hang-up-earth-rotation-changes-zodiac-signs/

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 01-14-2011, 12:40 PM

For the pp asking if anyone has seen any movement on their map: Me.  I am amazed that so much of what I put on my map has already manifested.  It has been spooky how some things have showed up exactly as I put them on the map.

While some things HAVE shown up as if by magic, I think the key for me has been that I have not just set it aside somewhere.  If I had a "real" treasure map, I would study it and follow it until I found the treasure.  And so I have kept my map front and center in my awareness, and spent a lot of time looking at it, reminding myself of what I want.  For example, if I had not noticed that I pasted "exhibit at fairs and festivals" in my career section, I am sure I would not have had my first arts and crafts booth at christmastime.

The newest manifestation is a surprise.  I had been looking at "I wrote a book, " all year thinking this one may have been too optimistic and that this might not come true.  But because I also put "multiple income streams" and emphasized "work at home" so broadly, I have been working at writing and I just accepted a private freelance order for a short ebook.  While it wasn't what I was thinking, it will soon be true that I wrote a book!

Mama to 3 boys 

Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 PM

I've seen progress in quite a few areas, but at least so far, I can't say that the reason isn't just that, by putting up pictures and words where I can see my map, and focus on what I want, I've paid more attention there, I've applied myself better.  Because some of the things I put on my map were focused on personal growth, and thought and effort on them was part of what was needed. 

Now... if we move in the next couple months, I'll be seriously impressed.  That's still my goal, and I've done more tangible stuff, talking with people and I think keeping my eyes open, much better than ever before, and I'm delving more into affirmations, in various ways but including related to a move.  The move is the 2nd biggest thing on my map (my health is the first, and I think I am progressing quite nicely on the path to radiant good health), so we'll just have to wait and see. 

Oh, that was the thing.  One thing that was tangible that hadn't worked out yet was someone to watch the kids while DH and I got out on a date (our family lives far, far away).  Just found the family that I think this will work for, and I will be totally happy to watch their kids in return, yippee!  It should work out very nicely for both of us. 

Old 01-15-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View PostI've seen progress in quite a few areas, but at least so far, I can't say that the reason isn't just that, by putting up pictures and words where I can see my map, and focus on what I want, I've paid more attention there, I've applied myself better.  Because some of the things I put on my map were focused on personal growth, and thought and effort on them was part of what was needed. 

Now... if we move in the next couple months, I'll be seriously impressed. 

Yeah...sigh. Me, too. I have a TON of stuff about moving on my map, but I've had my house for sale since June, and not a single showing bawling.gif

I think, tanyalynn, that this is the crux of the whole thing-- I've always said, God doesn't do windows. Meaning, s/he can take care of the things that are impossible for us, but we have been given the means ourselves, to do the windows. Intact bodies, muscles, arms, etc. So yes, there's work to be done on our parts.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:14 PM

hey, remember what happened with mine last year? what was it, two days before aries new moon? one day? i mean...... whole map, BAM, out of nowhere, out of one heck of a messed up year, total turn around, just days before the next new TM. 

never give up.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Old 01-24-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

hey, remember what happened with mine last year? what was it, two days before aries new moon? one day? i mean...... whole map, BAM, out of nowhere, out of one heck of a messed up year, total turn around, just days before the next new TM. 

never give up.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Yeah, that was wild! Maybe that'll happen with mine. One can hope, anyway! fingersx.gif

Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Tracy-- What do you make of this?? It's getting BIG news: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/horoscope-hang-up-earth-rotation-changes-zodiac-signs/

i am not tracy but i have to say this 'discovery' is made every 10 years or so and it becomes big news and then dies down and again is rediscovered and goes thru the whole cycle. 

so i dont really think much of it anyways. the reason i notice this because i would be a new sign under the new system. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Postthe reason i notice this because i would be a new sign under the new system. 

We ALL would. But just thought I'd ask.

User Tag List