The Official Treasure Map of 2010 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a quick mapper My kids are with their dad, so I have all of the time in the world.

I hope my DH wants to do one this year, he did one last year, we had our maps side by side in the bedroom He used to be more 'with' me on things like this, but he has been so busy at work lately that he gets grumpy and less likely to map. We'll see, maybe I'll go get him a board.

Whatever will be, already is...

#122 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I finished mine!!!!! So excited. This one is not as pretty as last years, but I decided to focus on a few things instead of everything under the sun

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...K/DSCF5618.jpg

(i *just* finished it )
I love it. Wish I could copy some of your quotes. May have to do them in writing.

treehugger.gif
#123 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 06:22 PM

Gallbladder is out! Everythign went great. Not much pain now except for in my shoulder which they said is from the CO2 gas used to inflate my belly. All my TM stuff is on the bed ready to be sorted and cut! I tore out pages from magazines yesterday.

hh2.gif

#124 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 PM

Glad you are doing well post surgery Mysticmama!

I dreamed about my map last night. For real. I dreamed about it alot. I hope that means there is a lot of good energy flowing to and from it.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#125 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 PM

I just got my title page done for my TM! It is going to look so cool when I have all the pages done and put them in an album!

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r...epagetm1-1.jpg

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#126 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I am not even close to being done Too much going on around me that needs to be done. I am going to sit a this computer and work on it tonight. I hope to make some more progress.
Redveg, me too. I am nowhere NEAR done, not at all. I have lots of pics cut out, and my background colors glued down, but I have a ton of mags still to go through, and sorting, weeding, placing, all yet to do. Not to mention the finishing touches. And Saturday I am taking a CPR class from 9-2.

Is the ending time between Friday and Saturday, or between Saturday and Sunday, for EDT? I get all confoozled about middle-of-the-night times. I know it said 1:40am, but which night is that?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#127 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Wow, beautiful!

treehugger.gif
#128 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful~Life View Post
I just got my title page done for my TM! It is going to look so cool when I have all the pages done and put them in an album!

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r...tlepagetm1.jpg
Beautiful - that is beautiful! I love your last line BRING IT ON!!! I'm so ready for this year to start

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#129 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 PM

maia, i believe it's saturday night / sunday wee hours.
#130 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
Bunnyflakes, re your question about helpful people/ angels:
I haven't done a tm before and i dont know yet what i will use in this space on my map. But I feng shui'ed my sewing room recently, and on the shelf that is in that bagua, i put a small framed painting of Jesus, and a framed photo of my ex m-il who has passed (she is holding a quilt she made in the photo and she is the one who inspired me to take up quilting). Also, my mom gave me a photo of her and my dad, and i put it there as well....i wasn't really thinking of them as "helpful people," but since there were photos there already, that is where i put it. It is probably not a coincidence that they just helped me to buy a brand new mac daddy sewing machine. I also put things i make for people on that shelf, before i give it to them, or anything i am passing on to others (donations, hand me downs, gifts etc). Like, ME being a helpful person, you know....in this vein, i think this is the place on MY map to put images of things that i can do for others, like volunteering or whatever.
I might be wrong about this, but i am thinking this also is the place on the map to put images to manifest new friendships (which is something i do want on my map). If these things are NOT in line with this bagua, i hope someone will correct me...
Or, specifically for you, maybe you could put an image of a church or something to represent a welcoming, loving, just right-for-you new church and church family. just a suggestion, tho!
Good luck!
Thank you, that is a great idea about the church!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
Is it considered "cheating" if I printed out a picture of a puppy straight from Petfinder?

I really like her, and I'm really ready for a dog, so why not, eh?
Clever
Quote:
I am hoping to get going on mine tonight! I had such a bad experience yesterday. My DD is sick. Yesterday I took her to a walk in place since her Ped. office was closed for the day. The Dr. at the walk in clinic was totally rude and unhelpful. I told him that DD was having a fever and complaining of pain in her ears. He diagnosed her with pink eye (which took about 5 seconds and I already knew) and then barely looked in her ears and told me she didn't have an ear infection. Then he wouldn't take my insurance and made me pay the whole fee upfront for a 1 minute evaluation. Then last night I was up all night with DD. She was crying and screaming from her ear pain. So first thing this morning I took her to her Ped. office and he said she has a raging ear infection and now she is on antibiotics and has numbing ear drops. I feel like I am not in a good place mentally right now. My divorce class is tonight (with STBX) and it is 4 hours long. I am going on about 4 hours of sleep and am upset about what happened yesterday and am worried about my DD. Plus I am getting behind on my school work.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how I can get back into a good mindset for the TM? It stinks because I have been waiting for TM time and have been so excited and then the last couple days have just been so stressful.
I am so sorry, I wish I lived closer so I could help

Quote:
I am going to file a formal complaint (and letter) to the hospital that the Dr. is affiliated with and ask for an apology to myself and DD, as well as my money back. There is just no excuse for such horrible bed side manner and negligent behavior.

It is weird though. Soon after I wrote my last post in here it is like I got this incredible rush of energy and I feel totally revitalized and excited. Maybe I got some of everyone's energy and good vibes. Now I know what I want to do for my TM. It just came to me and I think it is going to turn out great. I have decided to do a bunch of different digital TMs that will all go together in an album. I want to do the different chakras which I have never done before. I am excited!

Both of my DDs are laying down watching tv so I am going to get a start while I can!
Good for you, he had no right to treat you and your DD that way I am glad you are getting the energy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
Gallbladder is out! Everythign went great. Not much pain now except for in my shoulder which they said is from the CO2 gas used to inflate my belly. All my TM stuff is on the bed ready to be sorted and cut! I tore out pages from magazines yesterday.
So glad all went well! I had the same pain after mine. I felt very swollen and noxious gassy for several days. Take it easy and try to eat small, low fat meals until your body adjusts.

Quote:

You are so talented!!!

Today at work I was sitting there at break taking care of some matters by myself, although no one in my life thinks that I can do anything by myself and I got a great idea to put "I am independent and will handle all of my own affairs" on my TM Because I KNOW I can do it

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#131 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Is it considered "cheating" if I printed out a picture of a puppy straight from Petfinder?

I really like her, and I'm really ready for a dog, so why not, eh?
Well, EVERY picture is of a specific dog

Quote:
* Great neighbors!

Once that's addressed - I'm done!
If you work THAT one out, do share.. I have absymal neighbors and we're planning a move in October, so I'm hoping that changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I finished mine!!!!! So excited. This one is not as pretty as last years, but I decided to focus on a few things instead of everything under the sun
Lovely! I have a couple of the same phrases on mine, and at least one of the exact same pics we must be thinking along the same lines this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Thanks Cari Same to you.

I am not even close to being done Too much going on around me that needs to be done. I am going to sit a this computer and work on it tonight. I hope to make some more progress.
Same Red.. VERY slow going for me.. I've got some pics, and lots of words.. but ran out of steam for working on it last night! Then I slept almost none last night I'm planning a short nap when DH gets home, then a fresh look at things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
Yeah that gas is awful afterwards till it works itself out! Hopefully you're feeling a bit better by now... happy manifesting mama

Quote:

WOW! That's spectacular!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#132 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 09:08 PM

Beautiful TM's shown so far!

Bunnyflakes-I LOVE that affirmation. And YOU CAN do it!

I'll take a picture of mine later and get it up. I keep admiring it and really feelings it's power and presence of new energy on my wall.

#133 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 10:07 PM

Beautiful~Life, that is so beautiful I can't wait to see all of the other ones (whoever wants to share)

Whatever will be, already is...

#134 of 558 Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jamie, thank you SO much for turning me onto this, the energy that I woke up with this morning was incredible!!!! AND, Thats WEIRD Jamie, I was dreaming about mine too last night!!!

Me and DS, are almost done,I spent several hours on it today, it's GINORMOUS!!! A tri-fold, 36 x 48"... I used a Bagua type theme for it. Almost done....

DS, has things like, pics of food he likes, a drawing of a ferris wheel, because he wants to go to a carnival, a drawing of him buying legos with money and then a pic of a storage facility because THEN he has so many they won't fit in the apartment! A pic of a space ship...LOL..... Oh and he has a pic of a baby, because he WANTS a sibling SO SO SO badly!!!...Is it weird that my 8 yr old son is manifesting another baby for me? DOH! Maybe between the two of us we can convince DP that it REALLY is a good idea!?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#135 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 12:14 AM

I've finally gone through all of the magazines and now I'm starting to sort. I'm not sure what to put in the career section. I'm a SAHM, already have my degree, and have no desire to go back to school or work. Any suggestions about what to put there?
#136 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what to put in the career section. I'm a SAHM, already have my degree, and have no desire to go back to school or work. Any suggestions about what to put there?
it's your path. so whatever is important to you to be doing as a SAHM.... that might be images of playing with/ baking with/ "doing" or being with kids, also imagery representative of keeping a peaceful, clean, organized, efficient home....or for me, i am putting things relating to working for income from home and using my sewing and quilting skills in addition to mothering.

wow! i am loving this.
re: the energy; i can't believe how LOUDLY i am seeing it in my garden, like BAM! from this new moon. a great example: some quite thick tomato (sucker) cuttings i have in water in a jar on my windowsill. I looked at them the night before, and wondered if they were too thick and mature to root, because they were not showing ANY roots yet.... enter Aries new moon and BAM in less than a day they had grown scores of roots- and now in less than 2 days there are some roots over 2" long, they are all over an inch, covering at least three inches of stem under the water. My rose bush had one flower opened before the new moon and is now covered in opening buds; the strawberries have exploded and we counted 20 berries on just one plant....suddenly dozens of flowers on the pepper plants....i could go on....it's really cool to so visibly SEE it (of course i can, duh, it's all about seeing, isn't it!)

the library down the road had bundles of 5 back issues for .50 There was a limited selection of titles, but i discovered 2 'zines i hadn't ever looked at before and have enjoyed looking through them today. Prevention....i have seen several things that they are proclaiming that I think are wrong, but i did get some good stuff for my map and i am saving these for what look like some AWESOME recipes And then the Saturday Evening Post....I pulled out a GREAT whole page with Ben Franklin's 12 virtues (plus one) that i am going to put on our fridge.

can't wait to start construction tomorrow!

Mama to 3 boys 

#137 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 12:16 AM

Ok, on my last map, I put a magazine cutout image of a paid-off Mastercard to symbolize being debt-free, with the words "debt-free" next to it. Well, we ended up paying off our Mastercard and not using it anymore - but - we still have more debt in total than we did a year ago when you count up all the *other* lines of credit.

So I'm looking for ideas for extremely positive and llteral images and affirmations to manifest paying off debt that don't use the word `debt'. We have electronic banking, so no statements. I was thinking of putting the account numbers and "paid in full" across each one....but we are due to refinance our mortage this year, so I'm worried that that could simply manifest accounts paid in full because we closed them and moved our debt elsewhere?

I was thinking of the Dave Ramsey debt payment snowball, but it also implies being "snowed under" to me.

I'm going to quote saphire from the preparing thread because I like her ideas.

"I've used images of a full piggy bank with dollars just bursting out of it. Dh took a bank statement and altered it so it seemed we had more money in the account. Stuff like that. Also an affirmation " I have an abundance of money.""

I was considering the words "financial freedom" but not sure....and definitely want an image....

Two years ago, my affirmation was something like "We have more than enough for our needs and enough to give to charities we believe in." I may go back to that one.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
#138 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm de-cluttering tonight. I have my magazines and posterboard ready for a quiet moment tomorrow morning after the kids go to school. I've never tried TM before and I'm anxious to.
#139 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
I've finally gone through all of the magazines and now I'm starting to sort. I'm not sure what to put in the career section. I'm a SAHM, already have my degree, and have no desire to go back to school or work. Any suggestions about what to put there?
I am thinking of my career right now as basically a homemaker. I feel pretty new to it still, I haven't settled into it completely yet, so the phrase that came to me was "I am comfortable, capable and competent as a homemaker." And images of orderliness, things that suggest a calm, peaceful home. Plus cleaned off kitchen counters and sink--my nemesis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
So I'm looking for ideas for extremely positive and llteral images and affirmations to manifest paying off debt that don't use the word `debt'. We have electronic banking, so no statements. I was thinking of putting the account numbers and "paid in full" across each one....but we are due to refinance our mortage this year, so I'm worried that that could simply manifest accounts paid in full because we closed them and moved our debt elsewhere?
The phrases that are working for me... "I love seeing our savings grow every month" and "We have plenty" or maybe "We have plenty of money." Plus, in the past couple years, I've had a creeping anxiety about money, I've overlaid emotion in an area that was pretty practical and straightforward for me before, so I'm leaning towards "I am calm and confident about our ever-improving finances."

May need refining, but that's what I've got now.
#140 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 12:41 AM

I think it's funny, I just realized that last night, looking at magazines, all I saw was the images, the words didn't even register. Today, it's all phrases and affirmations (mostly ones I'm writing). I think tomorrow it will all come together.

It's SO NICE to have a time to just think about what I want, my dreams and goals and aspirations. It feels amazing.
#141 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 AM

Hi, all! So excited to be in the midst of the TM madness! I've been gathering my images for the past 2 days, have my backgrounds done, and hope to starting assembling tomorrow! I still have a few mags to go through and don't feel close to being done yet, but I'm loving what I've got so far

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

#142 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 01:22 AM

I am still in the cutting out phase! I have no kids but I swear it takes me from the 14th to the 18th to get it done! I cut out a lot! I never use new magazines (except last year) because I can't afford them. What I did was help my mom declutter her house by getting about 20 magazines from the 90's out of her house and I am having a blast!!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#143 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 04:55 AM

I am here! I did alot of cutting out tonight (or is that last night now?) and will put it all together tomorrow. Life has been so, so busy lately. It seems everyone is saying that. Must be the energy right now that is making us all fly around non-stop. I was feeling lost on Monday, but by Tuesday night was starting to come out of the fog. Wednesday afternoon, life started feeling a bit more directed again. I did get time to look through magazines and note what needed cut out. But didn't actually cut until Thursday. It should be done Friday or Saturday.

: : ::
#144 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 08:05 AM

I've gotten off to a slow start this year due to work busyness, but I've been making lists of things that I want, sort of free-association writing, not trying too hard and just letting things come out. It's been hard for me to find magazines this year (you'd think that in a city the size of London there'd be one decent magazine shop!) so I figured I'd start from words and go hunting for images on the internet. I'll do some cutting up tonight of the magazines I have found.

I'm trying to be really careful this year to tune into what I *really* want, rather than what I *think* I want, if that makes sense.

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#145 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellebluetoo View Post
Jamie, thank you SO much for turning me onto this, the energy that I woke up with this morning was incredible!!!! AND, Thats WEIRD Jamie, I was dreaming about mine too last night!!!

Me and DS, are almost done,I spent several hours on it today, it's GINORMOUS!!! A tri-fold, 36 x 48"... I used a Bagua type theme for it. Almost done....

DS, has things like, pics of food he likes, a drawing of a ferris wheel, because he wants to go to a carnival, a drawing of him buying legos with money and then a pic of a storage facility because THEN he has so many they won't fit in the apartment! A pic of a space ship...LOL..... Oh and he has a pic of a baby, because he WANTS a sibling SO SO SO badly!!!...Is it weird that my 8 yr old son is manifesting another baby for me? DOH! Maybe between the two of us we can convince DP that it REALLY is a good idea!?
You are SO welcome! Glad you are inspired. I just love this time of year. Like I said, it feels like a holiday to me! And that is so crazy we were dreaming about them...or is it? We have been talking about dreams a lot lately.

#146 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 09:33 AM

After a slow start, I am finally getting going on my Map!!!

The delayed start was purposeful. On the start date, we had yet another problem with the school district (a long list within 2 months at this point) and I was just a roller coaster of emotions and could focus on nothing else. I knew I had to wait to get grounded first.

Yesterday I was ready to lay down the foundation of my map, so I went out and purchased magazines and poster board. Part of the enjoyment for me the past few years has been applying the bagua colors to the map, so I worked on that in order to clear out the previous day's issues and concentrate on where I was in the present so I could move on to visualizing my future today.

Here's the poster board I purchased. The frame made me happy the instant I saw it, so though I went looking for plain, I picked that up instead. It actually will look really nice over my desk where I hang my maps, so BONUS! And here is the map with baguas, all ready for me today. (I'm a lapsed scrapbooker, thus the designed paper)

It worked! I feel so good about creating my map today!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#147 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
One year I pasted colored paper that related to each bagua square color, that is something I’ll do again. Link to nice bagua description: http://igekafengshui.wordpress.com/2.../06/the-bagua/
I used this link for my bagua layout!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#148 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 09:39 AM

I'm so glad to see so many of you having a good time with this!!!

Mine is not going so well, my daughter is sick, so I didn't sleep well the night before/night of and didn't sleep much at all last night. So. tired.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#149 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 AM

I'm going slow this year. My kids are both finished, pics of ds2 map and ds1 map I'm still not sure where mine is going, I have done some painting and cutting and I am also journalling. I think I might end up with one of my paintings as the back drop for a few clippings and then a scrapbook with pictures and journal entries
#150 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'm having a hard time this year - there just is no flow.... I'm not "drawn" to anything beyond preconceived wants: pregnancy, financial security, an abundance of $, and a fruitful garden. The other things I want are intangible: faith, trust, courage, etc. But can't find the "right" images.

Is this all mecury's fault? I'm a gemini and I usually have no trouble communicating my needs....

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page