The Official Treasure Map of 2010 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, frames, tanyalynn that is such a great idea! Now see, why didn't you say that two days ago before I put the background colors down?
I may steal it for next year, though.

So...I still have a huh-YOOGE stack of mags to go through, but I had such a huge pile of already-cut-out stuff that I got sick of looking through, and went and did the background yesterday. I did it the same as I have done for the past 3 years. I was going to do something different, but at the last minute decided I was comfortable doing it the same.

So today I started sorting and weeding and placing, with the things I already cut out. And I went and got some photos printed. So if I leave the map like it is now, it's soooo crowded! I want more pictures and less words. I already talk too much IRL and I feel that the excess of words on the map feels "too talky".
Tomorrow, after I get back from CPR class, I will finalize it. Or maybe tonight I will drag it out again (it's under dish cloths to keep the cat from messing with it, or the wind if I have my windows open) and play with it like puzzle pieces again

I stole the tarot idea, btw; thanks for the inspiration

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie View Post
This years:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...t/IMG_3747.jpg

The light is shining on it so it's hard to see some of it.

Last years
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...t/IMG_2626.jpg

I did the same exact layout b/c it worked for me. I'm sure one year I'll change it up. But this layout feels good to me for now.
I can't see the one from last year, but this year's looks great. I really like the red backdrop for it, and I think I might put red background (so that's it's peaking like a border) when I laminate mine next week.

Everyone has such great ideas, thanks for sharing!

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#183 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
when I laminate mine next week.
Tell me how you do this? I've been trying to figure it out for years. Do you just use the laminate stuff you get at Walmart or wherever? Or do you have it done? Or do you have a laminating machine or something?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#184 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 PM

the laminating machines, some libraries might have them? I used one at the teachers resource center in town, they're better than the DIY contact paper. I have contact paper for place mats for the kids (we use their artwork)

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#185 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 PM

I am waiting for the kiddos to go to bed to finish my map.... argh its been on my mind all day today while at work. I've been such a space cadet and just can't wait to finish it

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#186 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:19 PM

DH wants to do one, too, but has NO time. Is it possible to create one for someone else?? (if we have discussed it and he *tells* me what he wants?)
#187 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSo View Post
DH wants to do one, too, but has NO time. Is it possible to create one for someone else?? (if we have discussed it and he *tells* me what he wants?)
No.
give him more time...let him build it between now and the 28th.
He might need the mercury retrograde to compell him.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#188 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 PM

My map is DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

fullofgrace's Treasure Map 2010
Comments are welcome so don't be afraid to post on them if you want.

If you click on each picture and hover on them, I put notes on almost all of my images so you can read what my affirmation or meaning is for each one.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#189 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 PM

Yesterday and today have been emotionally challenging. DH has the boys, and is trying to get them to sleep. I can hear the youngest bouncing.
I'm having a hard time getting into the groove.
I am hoping with the help of some music and a candle things will get better.

Wednesday night felt soooo festive though. I agree IntuitiveJamie, it was like a holiday.

I feel big wonderful joyous things for this coming year.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#190 of 558 Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 PM

The completed ones are SOOO pretty!

I have almost got the backgrounding done for mine. Already have some things cut out. Gonna go spend some time with my mom tonight

I always need some music on and just relax to work on mine Blue October is my FAV to listen to while doing my treasure map and it makes me do some deep thinking while im working too!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#191 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 AM

#192 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
FullofGrace: i have just pulled out my copy of Animal Speak to see what it has to say about crows. At the top, it says, Keynote: "the secret magic of creation is calling," and for cycle of power, it says "all day- all year."
Pretty appropriate, i'd say!
and here is the last paragraph:
"Wherever crows are, there is magic. They are symbols of creation and spiritual strength. They remind us to look for opportunities to create and manifest the magic of life. They are messengers calling to us about the creation and magic that is alive within our world everyday and available to us."
That's awesome

Thanks for sharing pics mamas... I needed the motivation of seeing some completed ones. I'm finishing mine today. Going to take a refreshing shower & try to wash away the meh funk that is keeping me from being in the mood, light my favourite scented candle (it's called Uluru... very earthy and nice) and spread my stuff out on my bed to work. DH has been given strictest instructions to keep everyone away until I come out!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#193 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 01:15 AM

I love seeing the finished maps!

For those using the bagua layout, I found this site helpful: http://circle-of-light.com/fengshui/bagua-map.html
I don't think anyone has linked to it yet. Click on each section to see detail. It is helping me to get a good feel for each section as I contemplate where to place things. It's written for applying the bagua elements to your home, but easy enough to extrapolate to your map.
#194 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmom View Post
I love seeing the finished maps!

For those using the bagua layout, I found this site helpful: http://circle-of-light.com/fengshui/bagua-map.html
I don't think anyone has linked to it yet. Click on each section to see detail. It is helping me to get a good feel for each section as I contemplate where to place things. It's written for applying the bagua elements to your home, but easy enough to extrapolate to your map.
Love it! thanks!!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#195 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 01:28 AM

Just came home late last night from our incredible vacation I TM'ed last year!

Been totally out of it today, as predicted after a full travel day across multiple time zones.

I've been reading this thread to get motivated and "into" this year's treasure map, which I plan to do tomorrow.

Loving all the pictures of completed maps thus far!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#196 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 02:17 AM

I realized how powerful positive statements can be this morning when I woke up.

You see, one of the biggest "problems" in my life right now is back pain. I know it is because of being overweight, being on my feet a lot because of my job, and because the BiPap machine I use for my sleep apnea keeps me asleep, and I am in the same position all night long.

I am terrified of the chiropractor and just could not get myself to go to one, even though I wake up every single night in so much pain that sometimes I cry

So when I thought about doing a TM, this popped in to my head: My body can heal itself and my back is strong." And it was running in my head before I did my TM and then on Wednesday I actually put it on there.

And for the past three nights I have slept through the night with no pain. I have just a slight ache when I get up, which is like a 4 instead of a 10 on the pain scale. And I know these details because I keep a log by my bed

And I know it has just been three nights, but I have not been able to go through the whole night without waking up in horrific pain in months. Months!

So I am starting to really understand why people TM and how it can help. I did not really "get" it before, but the past couple of days I am getting it. I can't explain it, but it makes so much sense to me now.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#197 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 05:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, that's how it can work, Bunnyflakes!

Love seeing the maps and hearing about others' progress!

Finished the gluing part of my map, letting it dry, doing the affirmations tomorrow. Feeling really good about how it came together, especially the money stuff.

But dh, who has been very patient all evening, has been reminding me that it is now 1 am Good night, all!
#198 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 06:09 AM

Very irritated because I could NOT get my trifold map idea to work . SO I just stapled it together and it LOOKS like what I had in mind, but doesn't fold up. I can live with that

Everything is glued on.. and there are spaces left to write my own affirmations. There are a couple of things I'd like to add, so I may print out pics for them and fill a few gaps Pictures upcoming after I'm finished

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#199 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 06:36 AM

3 "panels" of my "bagua quilt" to finish gluing. Then to look for affirmations to write...
It's looking good, if I do say so myself.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#200 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
I enjoy looking at your map, and I feel connected in a weird way. Just the way you organized it, even though it's not a rectangle, and my map is, but I just feel both our maps came from the same place of "doing what feels right". Not sure I'm explaining it well, but there it is.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#201 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 12:12 PM

Funny, I thought the same thing about yours. There are actually a few cut outs on yours that didn't make the final cut on mine. This is the first year that I didn't follow a "form." I made a list of the things represented by the baguas, medicine wheels, and chakras and just went about it. I started with a circular cork board, and it turned into some shapeless thing, but I feel really connected to it.

hh2.gif

#202 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
Tracy -- I have no orange. I don't recall having any orange in previous years, either. Is that bad? Should I add some???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Only if you feel it. You don't 'have' to have it.
I was reading about orange and looking at my map again this morning and feeling happy about how it turned out, and realized that the border of the poster board is made up of orange flowers. I had to get that poster board because it called me. I kept trying to pick up the white board (even so far as going back to the poster board section before checking out) but kept putting it back. And with this definition of the color orange, I guess it's pretty appropriate that I felt compelled to use it to surround my map with its energy!
Quote:
Orange is the color of joy and creativity and promotes a general sense of wellness. It provides emotional energy that you can give to others, including compassion, passion and genuine warmth.
My map is hugged by joy. Pretty cool.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#203 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well, I finished my map and this year I did NOT go for Baguas I went for Chakras. I think I was drawn to the organic nature of it.

did anyone pick up some house magazines and come across an ad for something..now I can't remember what but the line was "Elegance, comfort, style & Grace"....? I put that in my root chakra with beautiful photos house interiors.

I was also atracted to a line I saw somewhere: "A shade more efficient."

and once again, there is another photo of a woman in a hat on a bike. I had one last year and another one this year.... I love riding my bike.

sigh.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#204 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 12:49 PM

The chakra idea did sound wonderful and I'm so glad someone posted about it so I could check it out!

I decided I should probably avoid it this year when I found myself thinking of my fibromyalgia symptoms in each. That's just bad - bad - bad! Naughty me.

BUT - figuring that out helped me visualize my health bagua goals. This year: "healthy sexy strong, glow stronger, & feel fabulous" so I begin re-framing how I look at and define at my internal physical self, because I think I'd love to try chakras next year!!

#205 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM

Has anyone done a family map or a mini map for a really specific area as well as a main TM? I feel called to this year although my main TM is still not finished so we'll see how I go time wise
#206 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 03:45 PM

freespiritmama, i have 2 maps, too! Wasnt sure about it either, but went with my instinct and did it anyway.

Is this map working ALREADY?!

Went in to take a test this morning and spontaneously decided to go in a different entrance...
It just so happened to be a health fair and stopping at a random table to ask for directions, began this long conversation with an acupuncturist. They just happen to be looking to add a massage therapist to their team, one who is experience in maya massage.... Hmmmm, that'd be me! I mentioned my doula work and she said, "We're looking for a doula or childbirth educator for or clinic!"

Sha-Wing!!! What a great opportunity! I just need a pep talk... I may be to young and inexperienced (not yet certified, only 3 live births, etc). Ive also forgotten the "mechanics" of anatomy and work mainly from intuition. More of an empathic healer than a medical professional if that makes sense. Sigh....

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#207 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 04:09 PM

Jazzy-Just wanted to let you know that that is exactly the kind of massage therapist I turned out to be too. I was terrible about keeping records and just intuited each massage session. I have prob. forgotten anything that would be on a test of anatomy and physiology. I know for certain I do not remember the places of muscle intertions. Ha!
Btw, you still have a few days....so why don't you find a way to incorporate onto your map right now, that you attain this job? You could just write an affirmation over the area of jobs. Just a thought.

I am loving the chakra maps. I like having some direction one way or another. So far the past two years I have been pretty specific about my wants and needs and having some direction to get it down on paper has helped me. The free flowing ones really impress me though. Also I look at y'alls and think, "wow, I'm so creative and crafty and mine is not so creative or crafty." LOL But I'm not down on mine at all, just a little surprised at myself. I am doing what feels right though and I know that's what matters. But I do love chakra work and I can totally see myself trying something new next year. Love inspiration ladies!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#208 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie View Post
Jazzy-Just wanted to let you know that that is exactly the kind of massage therapist I turned out to be too. I was terrible about keeping records and just intuited each massage session. I have prob. forgotten anything that would be on a test of anatomy and physiology. I know for certain I do not remember the places of muscle intertions. Ha!
Me too

jazzybaby how awesome

: What do you think of the phrase 'Save Time' its on a cute little clock that I love and I want it to represent making the best use of my time, does it say that?
#209 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
"wow, I'm so creative and crafty and mine is not so creative or crafty."
but you are done and what's on your map will manifest i am sure.
i have been all this time on this project; still working today to be done by tonight. I have washed NO laundry and not turned on my sewing machine or done anything else other than cook dinner, maintain the kitchen and the baby and his messes. DP was saying yesterday he was ready for me to be done
But I have been taking my time, wanting everything to be perfect. It nearly is; everything is laid out and i am doing some final tweaking and looking for a particular something else and will start gluing in a bit.

again,tho, i have to say "WOW" about this process. In the preparing thread, i saw Tracy say a few times that you may want something totally new come new moon. i wondered about that and she was certainly right. this magazine cutting is such an Inner Child thing for me and my inner child has definitely asserted herself in my map! I have known for years that i want to use my creativity and sewing skills to make money and i knew this would be a major focus on my map. But while i have been in the past thinking my business would be quilts and dolls and bags and toys and things, my inner child has surprised me by loudly proclaiming she wants to be a dressmaker! She cut out lots of dresses and even pulled out "on the runway" And also things like "I wrote a book," and "write children's books," which were NOWHERE on my radar before now (not since i was a child, anyway ) Apparently, she really misses swimming and needs to do that again, too this has been a mini epiphany of sorts, because for several years i HAVE had a nagging deep somewhere in my head...like that i WASN'T fulfilling the dreams of my inner child, but i couldn't even really remember what those were. I have known that sewing is somehow my path or my work, but i have been scratching my head because i can't remember planning to or wanting to sew as a girl. But now i remember hours of sketching out dresses and my barbie fashion plate rubbing toy and always noticing fashions and wanting to be a designer. and writing all the time. Now I am feeling like AHA and much more on my right path. I love treasure mapping!

Mama to 3 boys 

#210 of 558 Old 04-17-2010, 04:38 PM

I am still not done and I am FREAKING OUT! I have a lot of things cut out but not assembled yet. And I have no time today! AAAACK!

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page