The Official Treasure Map of 2010 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, All------

Here we are --it is officially Treasure Map Time.

Starting today April 14 at
Treasure Map Time begins

April 14----

13:29 GMT
8:29am EDT
7:29am CDT
6:29am MDT
5:29am PDT
2:29am Hawaii/alaskatime

In an ideal world you will make your Treasure Maps between
April 14 and
April 18 6:40am (GMT)
April 18 1:40am (EDT)
April 18 12:40am(CDT)
April 17 11:40pm(MDT)
April 17 10:40pm(PDT)
April 17 7:40pm (Hawaii/Alaska)

---but if you need more time you can take up until April 28.

If you don't know what is a Treasure Map, go here to 2009's Treasure Map

And you can also go to the Treasure Map Preppping Thread for information

I am losing count but I think this is the 7th year we have done them on MDC.
Oh, how we have grown.

btw---where is Lucimonster?

hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#2 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hi tracy!

i'm excited but i haven't decluttered my mind or my house as much as i would have liked (kids neverending dishes and clothes work) so can i still do the few things that i really need to get done?

last year i was so prepared and my map has almost all come to fruition. seriously, in ways i had never even thought would happen.

i feel like if i move forward with the map without clearing out the last of the clutter that it won't be as positive this year.

help

eh. who needs a signature?
#3 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post
hi tracy!

i'm excited but i haven't decluttered my mind or my house as much as i would have liked (kids neverending dishes and clothes work) so can i still do the few things that i really need to get done?
last year i was so prepared and my map has almost all come to fruition. seriously, in ways i had never even thought would happen.

i feel like if i move forward with the map without clearing out the last of the clutter that it won't be as positive this year.

help

You can still make a great map, even if your house and mind are not as decluttered as you wanted. I have to be honest my own house is not completely tidy!! But that is okay. I won't bog us down with astrology but I have been feeling Mercury, it will retrograde this weekend and I can see his influence already.

I think for some of us and I include me, we are still putting our visions together energetically.

But it will all be okay. Nothng to fear.

hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#4 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 11:43 AM

Woo hoo! The day is finally here! I have been waiting for this!

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#5 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 AM

thank you! one more quick question and then i'm going to move forward!

my dh is picking me up some additional magazines at the store (we live 2 hours from town and i'm home with the kids today) is it okay for him to pick a selection of magazines of things he knows i'm interested in (gardens, plants, maybe a financial one or two?) and then i choose from what he's grabbed?

i have several magazines that i grabbed off the free bin at the post office the other day but i haven't looked at them or brought them into the house yet.

#6 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:02 PM

Thank you Tracy. Your guidance and wisdom are appreciated.

I am declaring today a TM holiday at my house. I woke up so excited this morning.
I have still been thinking about the layout to use for this year’s TM. In the past, I’ve used a bagua layout and that has worked really well. One year I pasted colored paper that related to each bagua square color, that is something I’ll do again. Link to nice bagua description: http://igekafengshui.wordpress.com/2.../06/the-bagua/
I’ve been learning about chakras a lot this past year and it would be nice to try something different. I’ve done some thinking and what I’ve come up with is something like:
chakra: / correlating bagua square:
Crown (violet) Spirituality, connectedness / Fame
Brow (indigo) Intuition, (self)knowledge /Self cultivation
Throat (blue) Communication, focus / Helpful People
Heart (green)Love, compassion / Family & children
Solar Plexus (yellow) Health, power / Wealth
Sacral (orange) Creative / Marriage and relationships
Root (red) Earth, security, grounded / Career

I'm also thinking a chakra layout focuses well on personal growth, whereas a bagua layout is slightly more material. I'm going to wait until after I have images prepared, and see what layout seems to work better.
#7 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:09 PM

I'm having my gallbladder removed tomorrow. I was so excited to learn it was during the new moon... talk about decluttering!

hh2.gif

#8 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
I'm having my gallbladder removed tomorrow. I was so excited to learn it was during the new moon... talk about decluttering!
that is a great way to look at it!! for your positive perspective!

does anyone have any suggestions for essential oils to use during tm time? i'm thinking of a chamomile, rosemary, lavender mix but i seem to use that all.the.time.

#9 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 PM

This will be my fourth year treasure mapping, and my second year doing it with other people in the room.

I am planing on using the feng shui baguas this year. The first two years I used it and enjoyed the way it worked out. Last year I tried just going on my own, and I wasn't as happy with that map.

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
#10 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Thank you Tracy. Your guidance and wisdom are appreciated.

I am declaring today a TM holiday at my house. I woke up so excited this morning.
I have still been thinking about the layout to use for this year’s TM. In the past, I’ve used a bagua layout and that has worked really well. One year I pasted colored paper that related to each bagua square color, that is something I’ll do again. Link to nice bagua description: http://igekafengshui.wordpress.com/2.../06/the-bagua/
I’ve been learning about chakras a lot this past year and it would be nice to try something different. I’ve done some thinking and what I’ve come up with is something like:

I'm also thinking a chakra layout focuses well on personal growth, whereas a bagua layout is slightly more material. I'm going to wait until after I have images prepared, and see what layout seems to work better.
what excellent ideas!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#11 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 PM

im so excited! the last few days leading up to the new moon have been HARD..but im feeling so much more positive and happy today..like the light is shining again.

thank you so much for all of your guidance tracy..and to everyone who has shared and contributed to the discussions leading up to this..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#12 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 PM

i'm excited and nervous! i'm so glad we have so much time to finish in!

how is everyone representing better/good health? would just affirmations work?
#13 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 PM

hi mamas. this is my first time doing this, though i've worked with intentional writing for a long time. i've begun working in photoshop, using images i've found online or made myself and have on my computer, since that's how i usually make pictures anyway! however i am suffering more from a lot of overwhelming details, i could make a book instead of a small map! how do you focus? or do some of you get deeply into detail?

#14 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 12:56 PM

Thank you for sharing Saphire!
I really would like to go with the chakra layout, I am just having a hard time visualizing how to place the pictures and write the affirmations. Any ideas? I am off to pick up a few last supplies and would like to start when I get back. I am just back and forth on my layout. This is my first TM.
Thanks for any/all answers.
Enjoy the beautiful day, mamas!

LeeAnn )O( Earth mama treehugger.gif and mother to DD Leela (9), DSD Ari (9), DD Zen (7), DS Gabrael Riot (4!)
Self preservation is a full time occupation! namaste.gif

#15 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post

I really like your correlation! Thanks for sharing it.
I'm just checking in and am glad to see that I'm not the only one who didn't get a chance to declutter & get everything in order! I had big plans and got off to a great start but illness & mayhem ensued.
And THANK YOU TRACY!! You are such an amazing person, I wonder how many people you've helped/inspired in these 7 years?... Countless!
Off to start writing down some ideas. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
#16 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 01:03 PM

Ok this is crazy. I am mapping with some friends this afternoon. This . morning I was looking online for some images of a small sewing table for my screened porch--visions of doing summer sewing. On my run I saw one on the curb for the trash perfect size! Ran to my treasure mapping friends house and we got in her car and picked it up! Can't wait to shabby chic it up, Really looking forward to the rest of the map.
#17 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 PM

This is my first treasure map. I wanted to do one last year but was busy and couldn't make time for it. I've been thinking about it ever since.

I'm swamped with work but I'm determined to find a little time each day to work on it. I haven't decided on format yet. I guess I'll just wait to see what feels right.

I recall reading somewhere that an orange background has a special energy. Can someone refresh me on that one. I'm also finding myself drawn to green, possibly because I'm a green event planner and I'm expanding my business beyond organic skincare to include green consulting and writing. My future seems to be all about green....even my need for money

My house is far from decluttered but I just realized that maybe I did some decluttering in my life last week. My relationship with my family has been strained. My partner and I decided it's finally time to start planning a wedding. I was stressed about my family and who I should invite, who I didn't want to, who would actually come. Then, my brother posted some really hostile, nasty comments on my facebook page. I cried initially, & wrote a long letter to my mother about how I was feeling about my brother, sister, father and extended family, and how she enables it and doesn't support me or stand up for me. I told her and my cousin that I'm just done with our family. After than I've been feeling surprisingly peaceful and over it all. I hadn't realized it at the time, but I guess I decluttered my relationship with my family, and particularly my brother.

treehugger.gif
#18 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 01:08 PM

My girls have completed their maps. Images of flowers, new projects and pretty things abound. My 8 yr old is still working on hers.

My map is in stages- I have started the following:
Me
House
Family

I even woke up cheery and ready to work, so I can feel the energy working!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#19 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Also, my partner cleaned the kitchen (mostly) a couple days ago and the family room last night, so I guess he's decluttering for me

treehugger.gif
#20 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 01:16 PM

As soon as these boys are finished breakfast (and I get them dressed), we're taking a walk to the store for magazines. I might only be able to get 2 though. I guess we'll see what we come home with.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#21 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 01:39 PM

I was just thinking that the energy of the new moon doesn't seem to feel any different than yesterday, but then realized that my mind is spinning with ideas (and I can't seem to stop posting here) so maybe it does

I know our treasure maps are supposed to be about us, not other people, but what if I have friends or family that need some things brought in?

I have a friend who is 8 months pregnant and in an emotionally abusive marriage. She's struggling with what to do, and right now is falling into the typical abuse pattern of accepting his apologies an thinking/hoping everything is going to be ok when he apologizes for what he does. Our other friend and I have been struggling with how best to support her. We don't want to tell her what to do we just want to make sure that the support and advice we are giving her is going to help her make the best decision for her and her kids, whatever that may be. Can I put an affirmation about that, like "I support my friends in making the best decisions for them and their kids?" ("S" if you're reading this, hope you don't mind my posting this).

I also would like to do something similar for my stepson who's 21 and has come to the realization that his 2yo son isn't his and the mother has been manipulating him to get him to pay for things and babysit. But, he's attached to the boy and wants to continue to be his dad even though I am certain that his ex will tell him he can't see his son anymore once she no longer needs him. It will be devastating and he already has some emotional issues, depression and a past suicide attempt.

Or, should I just have an affirmation that other people's problems are not mine to solve?

treehugger.gif
#22 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 01:54 PM

Yes! I am So Ready and So Excited!

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#23 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 02:10 PM

Subbing.

Just got back from the store with supplies.

Happy mama to DD reading.gif  DS  drum.gif and DD coolshine.gif and married to an awesome DH jammin.gif.  homeschool.gif
#24 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 02:22 PM

On my way out the door with dh to get supplies.
#25 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 02:46 PM

3rd year mapping on mdc and first year mapping with dd

She'll be painting her map... Still not sure where I want to grab magazines. We have supplies and solid plans and goals for this year, but wanting to take a new route this year... Definitely a transitional year in almost every aspect of my life.... Moving to oregon, starting midwifery college, wealth wealth wealth, single, determined, etc etc etc... I want this map to be intense and powerful, but also gentle and comforting.........

Daydreaming while dd naps.........

where can I get free magazines???

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#26 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 PM

Jade's Mom, I know what you mean about it feeling like yesterday. I was just thinking that too, and how last year there seems to be a lot of powerful energy going on for lots of people. Tracy, can you give us some insight about the astrological alignments this time around. I am just curious because it really does feel so different than last year.
#27 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 03:39 PM

just got back.
holy cow, im tired! the store didn't seem that far!! but pushing a stroller on the side of the highway while wearing a 25lb baby, it seems a whole lot farther!
got my stuff.

#28 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
My girls have completed their maps. Images of flowers, new projects and pretty things abound. My 8 yr old is still working on hers.

My map is in stages- I have started the following:
Me
House
Family

I even woke up cheery and ready to work, so I can feel the energy working!
I felt this way this morning too! I actually bounded down the stairs

Yay for TM and first off to read the new moon article too

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#29 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 03:46 PM

Sleeping children, new magazines, playlist of inspiring music, just out the bath and ready to start :
#30 of 558 Old 04-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Supplies all purchased. Looking forward to getting down to it.

Tracy - when does Mercury go retrograde? Sunday or Monday?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page