Forum Jump: 

#631 of 638 Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Just as I thought: for being on ADHD meds
Seriously?! They turned down a child for being on ADHD meds?! What the heck is this country coming to?

Maia- If you can move to MA, your son would get MAHealth. And his meds would be free. They don't turn you down for pre existing conditions, etc.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 of 638 Old 06-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Yes, seriously, and for being on Abilify, too. I know. I'm so pissed I can't see straight

DS...I sent him to school yesterday and forgot to give him his Vyvanse. He'd been off it for 3 days because of the 3 day weekend (I've been trying to save it if I can, because now he's uninsured and we only have about a month's worth left), and while it was hard, we got through it.
He apparently did pretty well w/o it at school, because I didn't get any notes home, or emails. So yay. I asked him if he wanted to try today w/o meds, too, and he said yes.
If he can wean off them, that would be awesome. I never wanted him on them to begin with. Plus if he can get away with not using them much, we can save them for the important occasions.

I sure hope you're right about MassHealth.

Can you tell me about the difference between that and Health Connector? I looked that up, too, and it says the upper income limit for that is some $43K for a family of two!!! If that's so, we're in like Flynn. I sure don't make $43K!!

MassHealth goes by the federal poverty standards, which we're too high for to get state health insurance here in NC (by a measly $49.32/month, grrr).
BUT. MassHealth has a higher bracket even than NC, so we'd be covered, just, a different standard (like a higher premium, or something).

There are a lot of things I don't like about MA, but NC has betrayed me. I've loved this state for 22 years and thought I'd never leave

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#633 of 638 Old 06-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Maia- yay for the reprieve! boo for the health insurance. And since our goal is to eventually move back to Boston, who knows? Maybe you and DoK and I (and any other regional mamas of course) can actually meet someday over IKEA coffee!

So, Ro turns three this weekend (well, the 8th, but we're celebrating on our camping trip this weekend). But she has suddenly morphed into a raging inferno of inappropriate behavior. Almost the 'terrible twos' a year late and with a lot more muscle strength. Throwing things, kicking, hitting... it's crazy. I hope it's a short phase.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#634 of 638 Old 06-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Maia- yay for the reprieve! boo for the health insurance. And since our goal is to eventually move back to Boston, who knows? Maybe you and DoK and I (and any other regional mamas of course) can actually meet someday over IKEA coffee!

So, Ro turns three this weekend (well, the 8th, but we're celebrating on our camping trip this weekend). But she has suddenly morphed into a raging inferno of inappropriate behavior. Almost the 'terrible twos' a year late and with a lot more muscle strength. Throwing things, kicking, hitting... it's crazy. I hope it's a short phase.
Reprieve? What reprieve?
Yeah, that would be awesome to all meet. I've never been to, nor seen, an IKEA. I'm mildly curious what all the fuss is about. I'm not much of a fan of furniture (it's just function, to me-- I'm happy with Goodwill or Salvation Army furniture, or for that matter, stuff I find on the side of the road ).

Threes...Clay, srsly, has nobody told you? Did you not go through 3 with your oldest? Three makes two look like a walk in the park on valium. Get yourself Louise Bates Ames' book "Your Three Year Old". It will save your life. It did mine. I thought I was raising a sociopath. I hit my head on the wall I don't know how many countless times. I cried and cried. I had people reassure me that if my boy wasn't hurting animals, I was probably ok

Then I read her. I cried with relief!! Not only was my boy's behavior developmentally normal and appropriate, it was so common, someone wrote a whole book about it. Ye Gods, I don't know what I would have done without her little tomes, in my ds's early childhood!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#635 of 638 Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Can you tell me about the difference between that and Health Connector?
I've never heard of Health Connector.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#636 of 638 Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I've never heard of Health Connector.
https://www.mahealthconnector.org/po...ite/connector/

#637 of 638 Old 06-02-2010, 06:45 PM

Also, this: https://www.mahealthconnector.org/po...tte.cachetoken

I think it's just for me, not my kid. But if he had MassHealth and I had this, I'd be set to go! I hardly use doctors or scripts, but it'd be nice to have just in case of (Gods forbid) something catastrophic.

#638 of 638 Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Ok, I totally forgot it was June. http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1229857

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page