May Pagan Circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 638 Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just cuz i love you all so much! something to brighten your day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYU7oG2V7uc

dd said this is just great. made me smile.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#62 of 638 Old 05-03-2010, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Listen to me. I'm a weather geek. The air has a 'feel' to it right now. I won't be surprised if a small tornado develops in MA this afternoon. Just saying.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#63 of 638 Old 05-03-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
just cuz i love you all so much! something to brighten your day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYU7oG2V7uc

#64 of 638 Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM

I know what you mean about that feel, DoK. I definitely thought there was going to be a storm, but it seems to have passed, at least here. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tornado or microburst around here somewhere though. And glad to know it's probably a pinched nerve. that must be a relief.

DH had an interview this morning at our middle school. He said the interviewers all had poker faces so he couldn't tell. But that's what happened at his last job interview, and he got it anyway. We shall see. there are a few more localish openings that he's applying for, but we'll find out about this one next week.

And love the video! I saw it first a few weeks ago....way too funny.

Come ponder with me about food!
#65 of 638 Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
It's not my landlord...It's the maintenance man, actually.

All kids are different. Some will act out, some won't. My son is mimic. Always has been. And he fixates. He was fixated on princesses for years. Everyone said he needs a "boy" interest. Well, be careful what ya wish for! LOL.
I think we have already established that your property management crew are craptastic I'd have looked him in the eye and said really.. so if fire detectors go off I am supposed to call YOU and not the guys with ya know.. fire fighting equipment & experience? PULL YOUR HEAD IN! lol

I have a serious mimic too, so I feel your pain! Lucas will obsess and fixate on something (right now it's Mario wii) to the point that when NOT allowed to play it, he pretends to be him, draws him, comes telling me about what he did 2days ago in the silly game, and on and on. Oh.. and hums the music.. LOUDLY *sigh* lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I was going to get a malachite one as it's my favorite stone, but I read somewhere online that you shouldn't wear it until your due date due to it's strong vibrations? But then I read somewhere that the Egyptians used it to safeguard pregnancy...I'm confused!
I'm a fan of using other ppl's correspondences for stones and such UNLESS the stone in question 'says' something different to me. So if malachite feels right for you, get one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
STILL haven't planted my garden, ugh! If I am not overbooked the weather sucks. Hoping that Saturday, I can at least get my herbs and "required" veggies into their buckets.
I hear ya.. haven't even gotten my .5cubic metre of soil delivered yet so I can start planting stuff!

Quote:
My cervical spine is good. Doc says now we have to look into it being a pinched nerve in the elbow. Referred me to a neurologist. Honestly, I'm hoping this is what it is because he said there's easy treatment for it.
Well that's good news at least, the last thing you need is a screwed up ANYTHING to do with your spine!

Quote:
Listen to me. I'm a weather geek. The air has a 'feel' to it right now. I won't be surprised if a small tornado develops in MA this afternoon. Just saying.
EEK let's hope you're wrong on that one hey!?

I'm obviously NOT a weather geek as I woke up to a steady light rain... with a clothesline full of laundry! FAIL *sigh* So here's me, at 8am, out with an umbrella getting clothes in to spin out & toss in the dryer it was hilarious. It's also CHILLY which is so nice!!!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#66 of 638 Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

I'm obviously NOT a weather geek as I woke up to a steady light rain... with a clothesline full of laundry! FAIL *sigh* So here's me, at 8am, out with an umbrella getting clothes in to spin out & toss in the dryer it was hilarious. It's also CHILLY which is so nice!!!
Oh no! I forget laundry on the line all the time. Whoops! Well, at least they have that nice rain scent, right?

OMG, what is that video? I'm a little creeped out!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#67 of 638 Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 PM

kitty: lol. my dd showed it to me. we were cracking up. at 30 sec he does some goofy head nod, we just died laughing.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#68 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariofoz View Post
i have a serious mimic too, so i feel your pain! Lucas will obsess and fixate on something (right now it's mario wii) to the point that when not allowed to play it, he pretends to be him, draws him, comes telling me about what he did 2days ago in the silly game, and on and on. Oh.. And hums the music.. Loudly *sigh* lol
Exactly!

#69 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 AM

GUESS WHAT?

h

#70 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
WHAT IS IT?

TELL TELL TELL TELL TELL TELL NOW!!!!!

Er. Please do share, Mamaofthree!
#71 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 10:26 AM

LOL... I'M PREGNANT!

i need to change my name to mamaof6! lol

h

#72 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:

dd said this is just great. made me smile.
I'm concerned now.. have we wronged you some how??? Hurt your feelings??? WHY on earth would you do THAT to US???!?!?! There is something very very wrong with that video...

Quote:
Exactly!
It really sucks that you live there... at least if we lived close enough we could chat on the phone and have someone to talk to that did NOT think it was strange that we had zero reaction to our sons humming the mario game song at the top of their lungs (well.. top volume for humming... srsly ppl, you would be amazed at how loud Lucas hums. Mouth wide open and everything. )

Quote:
GUESS WHAT?

h
OH NO YOU DON"T! You do NOT get to do THAT^^^^^ and then NOT post Whatever it is RIGHT away!!!! Get back here RIGHT now missy, before I have to go to bed! lol

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#73 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 10:40 AM

Oh, this is what they call dirty weather -- rainsnow in a high wind. So glad I don't have to leave the house today!

I found a couple of Xombie novels in the Kindle store last night but refrained from even peeking at sample chapters. They do look pretty good.

The Ben10 411 (I just watched Mean Girls for the first time and I've been wanting to say 411 though I know it is hopelessley dated.) I think I'll wait a bit till Ds actually pesters me -- he hasn't brought it up again. Or maybe till he figures out how to request the books and dvds online from the library himself

Something is wrong with my older kids DS and ds1 seeing the expression on my face this morning, said "I want to show you the problem but I will wait till you have your coffee. So I'm trying to stretch this cup of coffee out as long as possible

Hi, Indigo!

Do you know, I don't know and have barely met anyone irl who has dreads? I don't think they are much of a Canadian thing, especially away from major cities. I'm curious, but I suspect they would not work well in my thin/fine hair.

Cari, I was listening to an Ellen Dugan interview on podcast last night and she said the same thing about plants and correspondences and intuition. I love the idea of working with one's tools and materials like that.

It is my ds2's 4th birthday today. He went to bed 3 and he's sleeping in and he will wake up 4
#74 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
LOL... I'M PREGNANT!

h
Woohoo!:jo y: joy:jo y
#75 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
LOL... I'M PREGNANT!

h
Congrats!!!!

#76 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 11:07 AM

congratulations mama!!!!!!!!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#77 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 11:15 AM

congrats Mamaofthree--i mean six. lol.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#78 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Congratulations!

And we haven't heard from wolfcat- hopefully she's had a safe birth by now!

I'm so glad I got all my plants in the ground this weekend, yesterday the wind blew so hard all day. It was crazy windy. Today looks beautiful though.
#79 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Hey LM- I don't think I ever told you how much I liked the carrier you sewed for your little one! You did great. I've been thinking I should send you some patterns.
#80 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
LOL... I'M PREGNANT!

h
Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
It is my ds2's 4th birthday today. He went to bed 3 and he's sleeping in and he will wake up 4
Happy Birthday to him! And happy birthing day to you!

I watched to video... this is the kind of humming song I do while hanging the clothes on the line.

Valérie   
#81 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 12:13 PM

Mamaof3 - Congrats!

wait didn't you ask a magic 8-ball about this in April??

Catching up - sorry for the last post, Sam got the keyboard and was doing his thing on it.

DOK - scary (CO detectors and 911) and hopefully good news re: it might be a pinched nerve. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Maia - giant cold sore - I heard taking extra doses of lysine helps to clear those up faster. You can get it over the counter at any drug store.

Nothing from Wolfcat? I hope she is having a wonderfully blissful labor.

I hope everyone had wonderful Beltane celebrations - Jack got giddy to deliver may day baskets and next year I love the idea of putting up a maypole and having a right proper party.

Yesterday our computer broke, and the stress level of the house has gone up up, and up. I get the sense I should have done a small prayer or ritual on the full moon, its like a nagging right now in the back of my mind. Life just got in the way as I try to wrap up the end of a big part of a project and my master's class.

I'll try to keep up as I can sans computer except at work. to you all and healing vibes to those who need it!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#82 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
LOL... I'M PREGNANT!

Congrats, yay! Yeah, about time for a name change

I'm in a really low spot, mamas...M's cold-sore thingy isn't clearing up; in fact it is REALLY really bad. He won't get help for it because he's uninsured, he's talking about me canceling the trip (in eight days!!!). Not sure if it's just because of the lip thing or not. He's so freaking stubborn about medical stuff.
And we've been really having it out because he told me that he hasn't taken the Gleevec since January. I freaked on him. I totally freaked. He went and got it refilled this morning. I told him if he ever did that again, all bets are off as far as "us" is concerned. I can't watch him commit slow suicide. And he thinks I'm being ridiculous over this.
I'm so low. I think he wants me to just pick up and carry on and laugh and stuff, like we always do, but I can't right now. I'm really hurt and freaked and, well, I feel betrayed and he doesn't understand why.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#83 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 PM

Hi everyone! I keep meaning to post in here, but I get distracted.

We are offically TTC. I resumed charting and hopefully we can hit a bullseye soon. Anyone know of any rituals or trinkets that help this along?

Smoosh was also hit with a NASTY stomach bug this weekend and now I think I have a touch of it. I feel awful.

Hope everyone is doing well. I need to keep up more.

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#84 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Hi, Indigo!

Do you know, I don't know and have barely met anyone irl who has dreads? I don't think they are much of a Canadian thing, especially away from major cities. I'm curious, but I suspect they would not work well in my thin/fine hair.
If you hair gets knotty and snarled if you don't brush it, you hair will dread. A friend's hubby has the most AMAZING dreads and he has baby fine hair.

There is actually a dreadlock salon & product company out of Vancouver.

Dreads aren't exactly uncommon around here, but then again it's a very diverse area - multicultural plus a growing "green" community.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#85 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Hey LM- I don't think I ever told you how much I liked the carrier you sewed for your little one! You did great. I've been thinking I should send you some patterns.

i am getting ready to make a carrier for my friend. i am going to get the fabric tomorrow. what kinds of patterns? i am thinking of doing a new project every month.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#86 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Maia - giant cold sore - I heard taking extra doses of lysine helps to clear those up faster. You can get it over the counter at any drug store.
I've been trying to find evidence that that's a good idea, with leukemia, but not finding anything except for medical journals, which I have a hard time interpreting. I think he probably should not, if I'm understanding them correctly. But thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsiLeaf View Post
We are offically TTC. I resumed charting and hopefully we can hit a bullseye soon. Anyone know of any rituals or trinkets that help this along?
Congrats and to you!
I had a ritual done for me, aways back, for pregnancy/fertility. It didn't take, that time, but the next time did...the first time, I wasn't charting or anything. Faith without works is dead, right?
So anyway, it had a lot of chocolate rabbits and someone gifted me with a rose quartz bunny, and a stone that said "Create" on it. Things like that. I'd do lots of eggs and bunnies and springtime sorts of things. Nests. And of course, fairy dust (glitter)!!!

M went and got his Gleevec refilled this morning. I think he realized how very, very serious I am about this. And I'm going up there anyway, lip or no lip
He says, now, that he thinks it's showing its very first signs of clearing up It's still very swollen and ugly, he says, but the scab (um, ew?) fell off, which apparently is a good thing.
I'm so depressed. I'm trying not to be, but I'm having incredible emotional hangover from this whole last 24hrs, and lack of sleep; I'm really tired and low, and low-energy. I just want this day to be over so I can go sleep again and start over.
At least, he's sounding more "up", too.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#87 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 02:15 PM

Maia

#88 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM

Maia--I'm sorry M is being this way, though I'm glad he picked up his medication. I'd be very upset too. But on another point, can't he get MassHealth or something?

I'm very excited that I'm teaching later this summer! One of the courses sounds like a lot of fun, even if I have to teach my students how to do a research paper.

And congrats mamaof3(6)!

Come ponder with me about food!
#89 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM

nm

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#90 of 638 Old 05-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
LOL... I'M PREGNANT!

h
OMG!!! Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
And we haven't heard from wolfcat- hopefully she's had a safe birth by now!
I hope we get to read a birth story soon!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page