Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#2 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
But I'm accepting much energy for going into labor before Tuesday.
Sending energy your way! May you have an wonderful labor and delivery!

#3 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 09:32 AM

Happy Beltane!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#4 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Happy Happy Day All!

Following my pattern, I seem to have a cold. But it's a minor sniffle/sore throat thing so I'm not too worried. We don't have any events today and I don't have anything planned, but we're going to do a lot of outdoor stuff...

Our crazy goal is to have dh finish wiring (45 minutes ish). Then plant the last two apple trees. Then clean up the yard and pile the construction debris. Then build a new fire pit and burn said debris! If there is any time left we'll start the coop, and I may scout out a spot for a larger outdoor altar. It may not be traditional may day stuff, but it IS outdoor/fertility/beauty related.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#5 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 10:51 AM

Happy Beltane! and thanks for all the birthday wishes on the April thread. I haven't exactly decided on my plans for today. I had a nice evening with a friend last night, and the family is giving me a little party tomorrow. I think a quiet day at the farmer's market and in my garden would be nice, but most important of all, I should decide on cake.

Wolfcat- Birthing vibes to you! How exciting

OK-kids are up and wanting to sing to me. Have a nice day everyone. I hope there are May flowers for all.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#6 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Where did you live, in NC?
Greenville. I miss it as much as I was miserable while we lived there. I missed being close to family! *Now* I miss the ocean and my friends more.

Wolfcat- Labor

femme_rouge-

wombatclay-You sound busy! We planted an apple tree yesterday. Yay for McIntosh apples...eventually!

Not doing much of anything today. I know I should, but I'm tired and have soooo much sewing to do. Plus it's icky out.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#7 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 12:38 PM

hope everyone has a wonderful month!
#8 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 01:30 PM

I hope everyone has a great day, and that it's fruit-ful

Let's pretend those hearts are flowers!!!!

Today and tomorrow are very much death & rebirth for me. I'll post more later on that.

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#9 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 02:59 PM

Happy Beltane, everyone!

We're having a lovely day here! Just got back from the garden centre where we picked up a variety of plants for what will be our indoor homeschool botany area. I'm so stoked! We're especially excited by the strawberries and cherry tomatoes, which we can already see growing, and the basil which is making my whole kitchen smell yummy. Hopefully this afternoon we'll get everything set up, re-pot some of our new plants, and plant some seeds we picked up earlier this week.

Wolfcat... Thinking of you and sending beautiful birthing vibes your way.

femme rouge... Happy Birthday!! I hope it's filled with magic and joy!

There's a whole bunch of stuff I wanted to comment on from the April thread, but I lost my place along the way so I'll just leave it at that for now.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#10 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 03:53 PM

do y'all think it will be beltanish to plant an indoor herb garden today? Ive been meaning to for a while...I'm kinda new at all this. I'm not very clear on the holidays.
#11 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 04:00 PM

I don't see why plantng wouldn't be approprate!

A blessed Beltaine to you all! We had a wonderful time this morning with our friends.

Come ponder with me about food!
#12 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 04:09 PM

Happy Beltane!

Well, to update people, I ended up in the ER for MSG intolerance/adverse reaction last night. I am fine, they checked me all out and are pretty sure that I was having a reaction to msg. It was scary but I am fine now. If you could send me a little extra energy, I would appreciate it!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#13 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
If you could send me a little extra energy, I would appreciate it!
Oh my goodness!

#14 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 05:01 PM

Lots of love and healing energy to you, Karen. :

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#15 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 05:12 PM

Aeress- ack! Big huge (but gentle on shaky recovering systems) energy winging your way. How scary, but I'm glad you're pretty sure what caused it and can deal with it from there.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#16 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 05:35 PM

Aeress Yikes!! At least it was figured out, that's always a good thing.

Wolf- and for a wonderful labor (and soon too!)

Clay - sounds like a busy, busy beltane!

that's all i can type b/c baby ack

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#17 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 06:33 PM

yay for today! Today is my first wedding anniversary! we have been together 6.5 years but just got married a year ago today! too bad i have bronchitis. lol. so we are just chillin at home. it is lovely outside, i got 3 loads of laundry done, and even got a nice surprise. the neighbor kids did may day baskets!. it had some cheese popcorn and some little pieces of chocolate. i have just started my improvements to my diest so i had been craving some carbs. it was just enough to satisfy without wrecking it all up. they even banged on the door and ran. such fun!! made me smile.

last night i made chowder for the first time. i know i got the idea from someone here ( you had the recipe posted lol). i looked everywhere for the recipe and couldnt find it so tried out my own. it was cheesy potato chowder with ham. it was so yummy. i even made some rolls with garlic salt on top. ok, now i am going to go heat up leftovers lol.

so feeling pretty good today. i think the TM makes a difference. seeing my intentions laid out like that for me everyday really resets my mindset. i even had salad for lunch instead of mac-n-cheese. yay me!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#18 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Happy Beltane!

Well, to update people, I ended up in the ER for MSG intolerance/adverse reaction last night. I am fine, they checked me all out and are pretty sure that I was having a reaction to msg. It was scary but I am fine now. If you could send me a little extra energy, I would appreciate it!
Happy happy to you too and omg, NOT a way to celebrate the day! I've never had a reaction to msg, but I hear of many people that do so I try to avoid it as much as possible! Glad you're feeling better now at least

Lioness, Happy anniversary DH & I celebrate our wedding anniversary.. and also May 26...which is the day he flew into san Francisco and we met in person (we'd known each other 'virtually' and via phone for a year at that point) SO coming up at the end of the month is my 39th ..and our 10th!!

Off to swim lessons with the boys... we spent a lovely autumn day outside relaxing yesterday but today it's go go go. Swim lessons.. a visit at the grandparents for the boys, and cousin L's birthday party. Which is sure to be ridiculously overdone, as her mother is just like that But we'll soldier on

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#19 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Greenville. I miss it as much as I was miserable while we lived there. I missed being close to family! *Now* I miss the ocean and my friends more.
I live in Asheville. I used to live on the Outer Banks. From one coast to the other, lol! I miss the ocean, too, sometimes. It was nice to see Her again over Easter.

Quote:
Well, to update people, I ended up in the ER for MSG intolerance/adverse reaction last night.
Wow. I'm glad you are alright! for gentle healing, Aeress. What was your reaction, if you don't mind my asking? Was it GI? I keep hearing about people reacting, but not what exactly their reaction was. I thought it was headache?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
yay for today! Today is my first wedding anniversary!
Already?! It seems like it was just yesterday you were posting wedding pix! Congrats, Lioness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
DH & I celebrate our wedding anniversary.. and also May 26...which is the day he flew into san Francisco and we met in person (we'd known each other 'virtually' and via phone for a year at that point) SO coming up at the end of the month is my 39th ..and our 10th!!
Congrats to you, too, Cari! And happy birthday! You're only 39?? <insert green with envy smilie> Actually, 50 isn't bad...but it does have this air of finality to it. Like...yep, it only goes One Way. Sigh.

Beltaine Blessings to all, and safe and healing blessings to our gulf coast friends, and to all the people of Boston

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#20 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 08:41 PM

Happy Beltane everyone

Lioness-Congratulations

Aeress- Feel Better

Wolfcat- for a great labor and birth

Cari- May 26th is special- it's my birthday too

femme_rouge-

It's super windy outside, so my flowers are going to have to wait to go into the ground. I think I'll bake up some yummy dessert for after dinner.
#21 of 638 Old 05-01-2010, 09:41 PM

Lioness-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, is the universe pooping or something? Today was (is) insane. Laia was pouty and moody (and omg I can see what she'll look like at 13. ack!) and then something set Ro off. No idea what but she cried huge wailing meltdown for almost an hour, fell asleep on my lap, woke up and started crying again. Finally got her balanced and she noticed Laia was sad so she went over and told Laia "I love you". It was really sweet. But then Laia came over to us and told Rowan she wanted to whisper a secret in her ear... and the secret was "I don't like you". So Ro started crying and since then one or both of them has been in tears. tor is fussy (teething) but the drama of the girls is just over the top.

On the up side though the wiring is done! The trees are planted and work begun on the retaining wall. BUT when dh pulled out the rotten wooden supports from the remains of the old retaining wall we git a surprise... some sort of artesian spring! The ground in that corner is always wet and "bouncy" but now there is a two foot deep hole that fills in about 20 minutes. It's only 10 feet or so from the house foundation so I'm a bit worried. But kind of neat to be gifted with a sellf filling "well" on a holy day.

It threw us off track though so tomorrow is going to be busy busy too. We still need to move the fire pit, burn the debris, and put up the retaining wall somehow. Not to mention the coop!

#22 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 04:17 AM

Aeress- I'm glad you're home safe! I remember not so long ago, it was hard to know what foods MSG was lurking in, but now labels are much clearer.

Clay- I'm glad you're getting some constructive things going, good luck with the coop!

Yesterday could have been busier (what? no) but i don't know how. I had a rummage sale at my church, a workers rally, set up for the beltane service for today (sunday), and a "celebration at the end of life" service. I feel like i got up at 7:30 and went NON-STOP until I got home at 9p, and then was so tired I just went to bed. Now at 2a, I'm awake, I'm awake!

Today, we've got the beltane celebration and a potluck. That's it, and I hope I feel great later. I did have some serious issues with doing the celebration, since our church friend passed last Sunday. But, I had a talk with myself, and asked the divine Ones for mediation and I feel a lot better about it now. We'll have a good time. Death, and rebirth. It's ok to have the two back-to-back, and this lady who died, if I could have her opinion, would probably say something along the lines of "Don't cancel a party on my account." She'll be dearly missed. I'll dance for her today.

Now, I'm off to try to get an extra 4 hours of sleep, but I'm fighting the urge to get some caffeine now.

Vojerleda :yawning, sahp to (03/06)dd1 and (11/08) dd2 , married & living on the border w/dh .
#23 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Yesterday was a crazy day here, too. Roo was supposed to spend the day with his father but ds kept calling my cell and wanting me to come home. I was relaxing at Barnes & Noble and told ds that I didn't want to leave. He wanted his father to take him there but his father refused. That pretty much put my son in a foul mood all day. (I don't blame him, though. His father is getting worse and worse as a parent.)

So, I ended my "Me" time and went home. Sigh.

#24 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
More insanity over here.

I had a reaction, too, to perfume a presenter at my conference was wearing. If I'd known it would be so long-lasting and bad, I'd have left the session, but I wanted to be there and the only seat left was right up front....no meds or remedies with me, stuck out the rest of the day but got really sick driving home. My poor kids were stuck taking care of me and we all went to sleep early.

Healing vibes for you, Karen.

Labor vibes for you, Wolfcat. Do keep us updated!

Happy birthday, anniversaries, artesian wells, plantings, etc. etc. to all. Will try to check in later.

Still too nauseous to be on the computer, I think :P I've got to get myself feeling well enough to take my dd to a thing she's been looking forward to today.
#25 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 10:44 AM

I hope everyone had a blessed Beltane!

Yesterday was crazy indeed. Everyone at work was off their rockers and it was just an awful day all around.

I was able to sneak in a quick little candle based ritual late last night so that was good but I'm still very glad the day is over.

The circus (Ringling Bros.) is in town for one final day today, so once this coffee is gone I'm heading down there to leaflet and hopefully get some behind-the-scenes pictures of the animals. I despise Ringling Bros., and a group of us lobby every year to get them out of Providence. Every year we get closer but it's a sloooow process. It's all politics There are so many other circuses that don't use animals that are just as good.

Ok, climbing off my soap box now

Have a wonderful day~

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
#26 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMoon View Post
There are so many other circuses that don't use animals that are just as good.
Yeah...like Cirque du Soleil My Gods how I love them. We got lucky enough to see them, like...2 years ago? At my mom's. They are simply amazing.

DS wants to see Ringling Brothers. I don't think they ever come to Asheville, or maybe they do, but I told him why I will never take him there. He has mixed feelings, I think...he says he doesn't care; wants to see them anyway. But I know he would care about the animals if it was more tangible to him, and not just heresay from me.

10 more days

DOK? How are you doing with the water situation? Is it affecting you?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#27 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That is really awesome and timely about the well, Wombatclay! But that is pretty close...are you guys going to cover it somehow to keep the kids out? What could you even do about it being close to the foundation?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#28 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMoon View Post
I despise Ringling Bros.
I do, too. Ds's father doesn't get why I don't want my son going to the circus. I can't support cruelty to animals. What's so hard to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
DOK? How are you doing with the water situation? Is it affecting you?
They say my town isn't affected. It confuses me because my town gets 30% of it's water from that source. Maybe it only gets water from there on occasion.
I don't know... but I'm still not drinking the water. Using bottled water just in case.
(thanks for asking)
Our local grocery store was out of bottled water so I had ds's father go to a different grocery store.

#29 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 12:06 PM

Happy Beltane!!! I'm extending the celebration till later this week I think. (or till AF finds me ) The black flies are already out so we are keeping our celebrations indoor.

Yesterday was crazy with the two dance shows but DD2 did beautifully and was very happy. I might even join the fun next year since the teacher talked about opening an adult class.

Valérie   
#30 of 638 Old 05-02-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Happy Beltane!

I hope your feeling better. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
yay for today! Today is my first wedding anniversary! we have been together 6.5 years but just got married a year ago today! too bad i have bronchitis. lol. so we are just chillin at home. it is lovely outside, i got 3 loads of laundry done, and even got a nice surprise. the neighbor kids did may day baskets!. it had some cheese popcorn and some little pieces of chocolate. i have just started my improvements to my diest so i had been craving some carbs. it was just enough to satisfy without wrecking it all up. they even banged on the door and ran. such fun!! made me smile.

last night i made chowder for the first time. i know i got the idea from someone here ( you had the recipe posted lol). i looked everywhere for the recipe and couldnt find it so tried out my own. it was cheesy potato chowder with ham. it was so yummy. i even made some rolls with garlic salt on top. ok, now i am going to go heat up leftovers lol.

so feeling pretty good today. i think the TM makes a difference. seeing my intentions laid out like that for me everyday really resets my mindset. i even had salad for lunch instead of mac-n-cheese. yay me!
Happy anniversary!

I had such a great day yesterday! I have to run and go pick up the kids. That's right...kid free night last night

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page