~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 727 Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She lost tv privelages without supervision and play time today. We usually let her watch tv without supervision, but she showed us that she is not responsible for that so we're back to being with her when she watches tv until she can show me her responsibility.

I get tested a bit. I already did my GTT at 12 weeks. Haven't gotten the results yet. Diabetes run in the family so I'm being watched. Hopefully I'll find out next week.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#422 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 02:10 AM

Well we decided to go with a First Blood ceremony that removed that paganism. At least for this one. ALL of our family and friends are RC and they are weirded out enough that I'm throwing her a First Blood celebration. LOL...
My aunt "where will all the boys and men be?"
Me - "I don't know yet, actually I was thinking that there's this beautiful clearing in the forest across the road, we could bring some chairs and have it there maybe?"
My aunt- "Ummmm. That sounds pagan. This doesn't require a sacrifice does it?"
Me - "In fact, it does. It requires your blood, and mine. And my daughters, and the blood of every other woman attending."
My aunt - "WHAT??"
Me - "Yes, but don't worry, this is blood you and everyone else gives every month. Its a sacrifice indeed"

Yup, I'm a cheeky girl
#423 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
Me - "In fact, it does. It requires your blood, and mine. And my daughters, and the blood of every other woman attending."
My aunt - "WHAT??"
Me - "Yes, but don't worry, this is blood you and everyone else gives every month. Its a sacrifice indeed"

Yup, I'm a cheeky girl
Oh GEEZ... people will really ask the stupidest questions eh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Ok, so Dh doesn't have the job after all. Without even meeting him, the central office said they wanted the other candidate. So poof! Just like that, we're back to square one.
That is a total bummer.

I have STRAWBERRIES mamas! I hit the garden centre & picked up a DOZEN strawberry plants hehehe. The boys really love them and have been dying to grow some and it's a cheap enough thing to let them help with. I'll share a pic when I find where I put the camera

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#424 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 08:55 AM

No idea what I'm doing today. I wanted to get my hair colored because it's so grey and yucky looking. But, ds's father demanded I pay him back the $40 I owe him this morning in full. Sigh.

Quote:
Ok, so Dh doesn't have the job after all.
I hope he finds something even better.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#425 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 09:15 AM

cari: YEAH on the strawberries! (imagine those as your strawberries)

had a great time at the beach yesterday. i just love watching the baby play in the sand and run into the ocean. the weather here is so wacky... it is pushing 90 and so it is pretty warm with no shade on the beach, BUT you can't really get into the ocean cuz it is like 55. lol (although the natives don't seem to have an issue with it. lol)

packing today, and hanging at the casa... not sure what to do for father's day. thinking of maybe breakfast out.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#426 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
And I KNEW that good ole' reliable Catholic Guilt would be lurking beneath the surface I know it seems a bit... morbid or something? to bring his faith into it that way... but hey, with alcoholism he needs EVERY weapon against it he can get ya know??
Yeah, I hear that. Too bad on him-- I will pull out every weapon I know how, and then some
This morning he went on and on about how happy he was to not be hung over, and thanked me up one side and down the other for being there for him, and even for nagging Which, I said, you know I don't mean to be naggy-- it comes from worry, which comes from love, and he said, Yeah, I know that. And thank you again. And counted the ways he loves me

Quote:
but somewhere deep inside I'm just afraid he'll leave like every other man in my life has (from fathers, stepfathers, right down to my ex). Logically I know he won't, but my emotional mind freaks and defends itself in BAD form I am SO lucky to have a hubby that is over it 5minutes afterwards though!
OMG, yeah, me too. I'm so afraid of abandonment. M is constantly reassuring me that I no longer have to worry about that. I hope he's right but I still have issues.
Your hubby wouldn't be Irish, by chance, would he? M is Irish, and he says it's an Irish trait to be over it in 5minutes
Me, I'm a Scorpio, and I forget nothing. I don't mean to hold grudges, honest I don't, but...I just do If you slight me, I never forget. Sigh.

Quote:
It has cream cheese, sour cream, creamed corn, shallots, bacon and shredded cheese... mixed & plopped in a hollowed out cobb loaf and baked for a bit... OMG )
Ye Gods, ew. I'm just not a melted-cheesy-bacony sort of person. What is a cobb loaf?
I wonder when I stopped caring about melted cheese. I'm glad, though. I don't like fried food, either. Why am I so fat? Sigh...mostly it's carbs, I know that. But still. Not fair

Quote:
harvested an entire pot full of silverbeet (chard) and I'm going to make our very favourite cheesey chard bake tonight
See, now, that's what I mean-- I see that and I think "Why ruin good, yummy chard by putting cheese in it?" I lurve chard. I like it sauteed with a bit of sesame oil and tamari and garlic. SLURP

Quote:
Ok, so Dh doesn't have the job after all. Without even meeting him, the central office said they wanted the other candidate. So poof! Just like that, we're back to square one.
Aww, man. Well, I'm with ya-- checked the status of my application online, and they said the same thing. Other people more qualified than me. And I was told that they really need CNAs!
I kind of don't care. I kind of don't give a hoot if my certification runs out. OTOH, though, I'm thinking...8 lousy hours is all I need to keep it. But I don't have the...whatever it takes, to go out and get hired. I don't want a job, mamas. I like not working. Unfortunately, I am going to have to
BUT. When my house sells, I will have a cushion to pay rent ahead for a couple of months so I can get settled and not have to work right away.

I wonder what kind of job to get? What is a good thing to do, during school hours? Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
She lost tv privelages without supervision and play time today. We usually let her watch tv without supervision, but she showed us that she is not responsible for that so we're back to being with her when she watches tv until she can show me her responsibility.

I get tested a bit. I already did my GTT at 12 weeks. Haven't gotten the results yet. Diabetes run in the family so I'm being watched. Hopefully I'll find out next week.
Awesome, on the loss of privileges-- appropriate to the crime Good thinking!
DS would lose them forever, if that was my $1200 TV And I know I would hardly find the time to watch with him. Did I ever tell y'all about when we first moved in here, and he threw a rock across the road, but it fell short and broke the windshield of a passing car?
He spent all summer paying me off in chores, for the money I had to put out to have that fixed.

I hope your test comes out just fine! Are you still thirsty? Did you have this with your other pregnancies?

Quote:
This doesn't require a sacrifice does it?"

Quote:

Yup, I'm a cheeky girl
Go you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I wanted to get my hair colored because it's so grey and yucky looking.
I haven't decided what to do when my hair starts going grey. I'm lucky that around here, it's cool to have long, grey hair if you have grey hair. My first time out here, it took me a solid week to figure out why it felt different here. It's because the older women walk around head up, shoulders back, confident-- and with long, swinging, swaying, beautiful grey hair.
I wish it was like that in the rest of the country. I'm going to have such culture shock when we move

Sun's-up Cobbler in the oven-- getting ready for Solstice ritual later in the day
It doesn't look like sunshine, though. It's supposed to be. But it's kind of overcast. Maybe it'll brighten up by ritual time (later in the afternoon).

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#427 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 12:11 PM

Not sure what we will do for solstice, I had planned a nice meal but dh isn't feeling well (may have a dairy intolerance) and is napping at the moment. Though the napping is due to taking benadryl for his allergies cause he didn't take his claritin last night.

Wishing everyone a sunny, warm introduction to summer! May you be blessed with all the splendor, bounty and joy of the Goddess!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#428 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 12:18 PM

We're making a summer pie that we got from pooka pages tonight at sun down to mark the beginning of Summer Solstice and then it will be done tomorrow!!

I'm a bit frustrated for a friend of mine right now. She was due on the 20th of this month and yet they decided (for no medical reason) to induce her yesterday on the 17th. Now she's stuck still at 1cm and stopped contracting. She was contracting fine on her own.

So now they're telling her if she doesn't do anything by the afternoon, they'll do a c-section. Why would they do this to her? Her first child and she's possibly going to have a very awful experience at a hospital.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#429 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 01:16 PM

unschoolin': we are making that same pie! lol dh packed up all my stuff which i am sad about because i have about 4 or so years of pookapages and all the great kid friendly recipes in there (our favorite solstice pie too. )
as for your friend... that is sad. i just don't understand the rush. she wasn't even due yet. they should have let her start labor and then her body woud be ready. ugh! you know all my kids were "late" by at least a week. i just don't get it. hospitals are scary places to have babies in if you really have no risk factors. dh wants to know if i will be getting a midwife once we get to tempe. lol i am wondering if he thinks my mind has changed on that since we last spoke. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#430 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 02:12 PM

artichoke dip in the oven!! I'm about to go dive head first into a cold shower and then head out to our Coven's Litha ritual!!

I could hear the cicadas this morning and said "its gonna be a hot one" sure enough, I was leaving the grocery store around 11:45 and it was already sweltering.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#431 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 03:26 PM

I decided not to get my hair done, though. I bought a few v neck t-shirts (I hardly have any summer clothes that fit.) Tried to find cheap, lightweight short crops (like gauzy ones) but they were either too small or too pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
It's because the older women walk around head up, shoulders back, confident-- and with long, swinging, swaying, beautiful grey hair.
The thing is, I don't consider myself an 'older woman' at this point. I'm 43. I have a mix of dark and white hair but it's not an even mix. I have white patches clumped together. It just looks awful.

#432 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 06:01 PM

Well they broke her water and now she's in so much pain that she can't take it. She's going to get an epi.

If you need anything momofthree from pooka pages let me know. I have it in my bookmarks.

#433 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 08:54 PM

Your poor friend, unschoolin' I hope everything turns out OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
unschoolin': we are making that same pie!
What pie? What's in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
artichoke dip in the oven!!
Oh, YUM
Cicadas...the year they came here, DS had to collect the dang shells

Quote:
The thing is, I don't consider myself an 'older woman' at this point. I'm 43. I have a mix of dark and white hair but it's not an even mix. I have white patches clumped together. It just looks awful.
Neither do I, DOK (consider myself "older") but it made me actually look forward to being "older" instead of dreading it.
I'd love to see your hair. I think it actually sounds really cool

M got through the weekend

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#434 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 09:18 PM

maia: check this out. recipes here: http://www.pookapages.com/Litha%20Issue%202010.pdf

h

#435 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 09:41 PM

*sighs*

They broke her water and now they're rushing the csection. She's bummed. She only did 2cm, an epi, and pitocin for an induction that was given THREE days before her due date!

Ugh!

On a better note, the pie is in the fridge for tomorrow!

#436 of 727 Old 06-19-2010, 11:20 PM

unschoolin' that really stinks for your friend. Ugh, this is why I hate docs.

so yeah, we're trying to find out exactly what happened to Dh's job. We think it reeks of nepotism. And yes, we're still looking, but there's not much out there for HS art teachers in MA right now.

Come ponder with me about food!
#437 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
"Thanks for mentioning that Auntie, I almost forgot. We can't fit the goat in the back of the Subaru. Could pick it up at the farm and bring it to the ceremony?"

(Okay, I'm in a spunky mood.)

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#438 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
OMG, yeah, me too. I'm so afraid of abandonment. M is constantly reassuring me that I no longer have to worry about that. I hope he's right but I still have issues.
Your hubby wouldn't be Irish, by chance, would he?
Nope, I think his Nana's family was Scots though, she's 2nd gen Australian. Daim is just to lazy to hold a grudge It takes too much effort.. and he's terribly bad at fighting really.

Quote:
Ye Gods, ew. I'm just not a melted-cheesy-bacony sort of person. What is a cobb loaf?
I wonder when I stopped caring about melted cheese. I'm glad, though. I don't like fried food, either. Why am I so fat? Sigh...mostly it's carbs, I know that. But still. Not fair
A cob loaf is just a big round loaf of bread, you hollow it out and fill it with the dip to heat and toast the bits torn out. It's kinda odd, it's not really a melty cheesy concoction as such.. it *has* cheese in it.. but I think the creamed corn & philly do it for me Not so much bacon in it either really

Quote:
See, now, that's what I mean-- I see that and I think "Why ruin good, yummy chard by putting cheese in it?" I lurve chard. I like it sauteed with a bit of sesame oil and tamari and garlic. SLURP
oh it is seriously yummy though that's ok, I'll eat your share hehehe

We're JUST home ( it's 830pm.. we left here at 830AM ) from the parents house. We spent the day hanging out with them and daims brother & his hubby. Stayed for a lovely roast lamb dinner and way too much desert Dingy SIL and her fam came for dinner as well... amazingly she did not mention school or lack of it at all, I was stunned.

Tomorrow is art/gym/science day for us... and I my shoulder is STILL killing me (worse even than it started) so I'm going to have to tank up on ibuprofen to drive (stick shift is fail in this instance *sigh*) Anybody Reiki or anything? Then Tuesday we're meeting the uncles and Mama (hubby's nana) at the Botanical Gardens for a nice long stroll There are water dragons there.. the boys LOVE them. Should be fun!

Tonight though, I am completely shattered and will be hitting the sack VERY shortly I do believe.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#439 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 08:05 AM

Happy Midsummer's Eve!

Goddess wanted me to really get the longest day... was up before 5.

We are going to SIL's for Father's Day celebration later today so I'll get the things to make the pie tomorrow... This is a week of celebration anyway so why not have a treat every day!

I'm sorry for your friend birthing experience DeShanna.

Yay for M's sobber week-end Maia!

Smooth day for you Cari!

Bummer for the job witchygrrl - Goddess will send something better!

Hum... I had some Apple Raisin Bread earlier and now I'm craving lentil soup. Not really a breakfast food but hey, there's some in the fridge so why not?

Valérie   
#440 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Happy Midsummer's Eve!
Woohoo!
(hoping for a mild summer)

#441 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 09:55 AM

Ah! Happy Midsummer Solstice mamas!

The kids are up doing several things right now.

My friend had her son. 8lbs. 10oz. They told her that the reason behind the induction was because women can't really handle having big babies. I was 10lbs. 10oz. I think my mom is still alive and rather sane. But he's here and beautiful!

We have to go catch the sun today, and we're going to do an offering and ritual. Should be a lot of fun. I hope all have a WONDERFUL day today!

#442 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Nope, I think his Nana's family was Scots
Oh, well, M is half Scots too, but he mostly talks about his Irish side. I don't know about the Scottish for grudges.

Quote:
that's ok, I'll eat your share hehehe
You go for it!

Quote:
There are water dragons there.. the boys LOVE them. Should be fun!
What is a water dragon?? That sounds so cool. Like the Water Horse in the movie.

Quote:
(hoping for a mild summer)

Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
My friend had her son. 8lbs. 10oz. They told her that the reason behind the induction was because women can't really handle having big babies.

But congrats for your friend! Yay!

#443 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 02:06 PM

oh i feel like i am dying. i think i have food poisoning. i have been vomiting and having diarrhea for hours now. everything hurts. i keep crying. i haven't felt this crappy in years.

#444 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
oh i feel like i am dying. i think i have food poisoning. i have been vomiting and having diarrhea for hours now. everything hurts. i keep crying. i haven't felt this crappy in years.
Can you get to a doc/hospital? As a nurse, I'm sure you know that Food poisoning in a pregnant woman is NOT good. Plus, you probably need iv fluids by now.

#445 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Oh man, mama...are you OK now? Nobody's posted in hours. How are you?

#446 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, well, M is half Scots too, but he mostly talks about his Irish side. I don't know about the Scottish for grudges.
I dunno either, but considering Irish history I wouldn't have thought that the Irish would tend to get over things quickly either LOL so the Scottish may surprise me

Quote:
What is a water dragon?? That sounds so cool. Like the Water Horse in the movie.
A water dragon doth be THIS. rather hilarious little thing They are abundant in certain areas here.. and the Botanical gardens have them by the hundreds ... they lounge about on rocks sunning themselves.

Quote:
Oh goodness mama, I hope that you are feeling better by now! (if not, I hope you're at the hospital getting IV fluids) I've had food poisoning a couple of times.. it's just awful Give yourself SEVERAL days to recover after & take it easy!

I'm up.. and I'm COLD! It was 1C here last night (just a smidge above freezing) .. Connor woke up at 1130 crying inconsolably that his legs hurt, is it normal for a 6yo to have THAT kind of growing pains??? (it was his lower legs) Finally got him to calm enough to take some panadol because he was just in a sad state...and he went back to sleep eventualy. Then LUCAS does the same thing at 530 only with his ear *SIGH* He got a dose too Thankfully everyone seems to be MUCH better this morning, and looking forward to their classes

#447 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM

Cari- No, that's not normal growing pains. Could they have fallen asleep somehow and he was experiencing pins & needles?

How is Connor doing now?

How's Lucas?

#448 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 07:20 PM

I used to get killer charlie horses in my calves along with the 'typical' growing pains. Make sure he's getting enough potassium and calcium before bed, and that should help lessen the pains/frequency.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#449 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 PM

How could I forget about charlie horses when I get them every single night?!
You might be on to something there.

Cari- Did Connor have enough water yesterday?

#450 of 727 Old 06-20-2010, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Cari- No, that's not normal growing pains. Could they have fallen asleep somehow and he was experiencing pins & needles?

How is Connor doing now?

How's Lucas?
Everyone is good now, thank Goddess! Daim DID say that his legs were quite cold, so that may have been a factor as well... he gave them a massage and warmed them up a bit. I don't think water is an issue with him...he drinks it all day long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
I used to get killer charlie horses in my calves along with the 'typical' growing pains. Make sure he's getting enough potassium and calcium before bed, and that should help lessen the pains/frequency.
Hm... THAT could be something. I'll make sure to keep some things like bananas in the house And may go hot chocolate at bedtime since it's definitely cold enough to enjoy it!

Thanks mamas...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page