~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Quick flyby before bed! I remembered sharing that the boys & I planted strawberries the other day and meant to come back & share the photo but forgot.. sooo... Here's our Tower Of Strawberries! That's 1.2ish metres of vertical berry filled goodness.. Oh in a couple of months we'll be loving that

that looks awesome!!

4 being better than 3. hmmmm. i dunno. my kids get worse until like 5. lol. DD1 is 3 now and oh my. i wish DH would be ok with a leash sometimes. what pisses me off the most is when i get told that i am not punishing her enough. punishing her makes it worse. then she is just mad. why cant i model the behavior i want and then be consitant with her. but no, bc i dont want to spank her i am not punishing her enough.

i was talking to my son last night. it made me cry. we have a pretty good relationship. we talk about everything. he confides in me and all. but he said he wants to be the complete opposite of me when he grows up. i didnt let him know how hurt i was bc i thought that of my parents too. he agrees with the bf thing and someother stuff but he doesnt like how i am raising his sisters. granted when he was a kid i was awful. i was a pot smoker who was selfish and immature and he spent more time alone than he should have. i wasnt a very good mother. they even took him away from me for 2 months, but i straightened up and now i think i am a good mom. i think he is still unconsciously mad at me for all the stupid stuff from when he was a baby. i feel horribly guilty. i have fibro and things are hard. i feel like a bad mom lately too. even though i know now that i am doing things right and being gentle and loving with my kids.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#482 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 01:02 PM

2, 3 and 4 doesn't look so bad to me now... 19 is worst right now.

My youngest (soon to be 5) is highly spirited and it's often driving me crazy but I prefer that to the dead-end situation we are facing with my oldest. At least, I can do something with/for the 4yo... 19yo can't be helped against her will.

Valérie   
#483 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 01:24 PM

moving van is here. dh and the big kids are kicking major ass getting it packed. i am "supervising" and feeling very ill still. this nausea is just bringing me down.
so ds#4 was getting ready to throw my wallet across the bedroom cuz i wouldn't nurse him that very moment and i looked him in the eye and said "i will not nurse you if you keep braking my stuff" he put the wallet down said sorry and waited. lol
i realized i have nothing to wear in AZ. i will have to cut all my jeans into shorts. lol i only have clothes for the freaking cold here.

clay: i looked up antihistamines and they can cause photosensitivity. i have heard apple cider vinegar is suppose to help with sunburns too. and although it isn't natural i LOVE solarcaine (the aloe gel with the pain killer in it) because i burn myself to a crisp every summer. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#484 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 PM

I'm hoping to get an email from my local Apple store today or tomorrow. Waiting for my order to come in. It's so hard not to be impatient.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#485 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 02:37 PM

ooooh whatcha get DOK???

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#486 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 02:56 PM

DeShanna-

DOK- Did ya get an Ipad?

Clay- *gentle hugs*

Oy. Today is my last day off. I'm sitting here watching Season 1 of JAG.

Did a little ritual last night. Went and sat on my deck around sunset with a little tealight. Just kinda mentally said "I release the past" or something to that effect. Felt like the right thing to do.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#487 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 03:02 PM

OMG OMG OMG!! I went to my Wells Fargo interview and it was a 20 person group interview. After we answered questions and asked her (HR) questions,she started calling names. Out of the 20, six of us was left.

She comes into the room and looks at us and says, "Congratulations, you're moved forward for the final interview." I have my final one Tuesday. I hope hope hope they still like me.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#488 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
She comes into the room and looks at us and says, "Congratulations, you're moved forward for the final interview." I have my final one Tuesday. I hope hope hope they still like me.
Awesome DeShanna!!

Maryhippie.gif

#489 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG!! I went to my Wells Fargo interview and it was a 20 person group interview. After we answered questions and asked her (HR) questions,she started calling names. Out of the 20, six of us was left.

woot woot!!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#490 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM

Squee! Congrats! Totally sending good interview vibes!

Waiting to hear from DH about a loan... we have the chance to buy a (used) minivan and I really hope the bank says yes! It's a 2004 honda odyssey with leather interior/heated seats/dvd player and more to the point it'll hold everyone in relative comfort! OMG! The glory of it!

Sleep- all three kiddos are asleep. BUT Tor fell asleep on my nap and I can't move him. And he just filled his dipe with baby processed blueberries. Oh dear.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#491 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
DOK- Did ya get an Ipad?
Yep! The grant came in! Now I just have to wait for it to be delivered to my local store. Ack, the suspense!

Quote:
Out of the 20, six of us was left.
Woohoo! Hoping you get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
It's a 2004 honda odyssey with leather interior/heated seats/dvd player and more to the point it'll hold everyone in relative comfort! OMG! The glory of it!
Oh my, that sounds so fanfreakinfabulous! Post pics when you get it!
(yep, WHEN...not if.)

#492 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 06:38 PM

Unschoolinmom - congrats on the interview!!!! That's awesome!

Clay - great to hear about the van! Hope the bank comes through!

DOK - Ipad - neat! I haven't looked into them much but I know around here, so many people want one! Let us know what you think!

I got some news this morning...a few months ago, there was a call for proposals for the yearly conference the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada. I submitted something because I at least wanted to get them thinking of doulas. Today, I got the email requesting I do an oral presentation at the conference! It is in the next province (Québec) but WOW! I am sooooo happy! <---that doesn't even tell you how I feel!

The proposal topic was: "The Hearts and Hands of Labour Support"

And me...I am still speechless.

DD is finally asleep (about 10 hours after waking!) and DH is of course still at work. I am taking some time to put my brain back together. The last few hours have been rough with a tired one who refuses sleep.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#493 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 06:53 PM

unschoolin': woooot! alright. fingers crossed.

clay: good luck with the minivan. we need something bigger now. lol like one of those 12 passenger jobs. lol

still puking. blaaah. and so so tired. i am good for nothing right now, but napping with row. bleck!

singin: that is GREAT news!!!
h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#494 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! One more day of insanity and then burnout recovery can commence. I don't really want to talk about it, except that I. Am. Not. Doing. This. Again. Next. Year. Even if I have to change my name and move to Guatemala.

I just wanted to say I'm reading along.

I'm sorry for your disappointment, Wytchy. Something fishy there for sure

An iPad? How cool is that? Waiting for your review, DoK!

Fingers crossed for your interview, DeShanna.

Lioness, I think teenagers are *supposed* to react against their parents' lives for a bit, at least. Hopefully, h e'll grow out of it. s.

Everyone I know with an Odessy loves them, Clay. Hope it works out for you.

Nicole, I'm right along with you. You can do SO MUCH GOOD for all Canadian doulas at that conference. I'm so excited that they want you to come speak!

ETA -- A woman in local government we'll call the Oathbreaker invited herself and some cronies to a public reception we were hosting. Don't want to put too many details here, but I lost 50 pounds 5 years ago from stress during the year I had to deal with this person regularly, and my coworker still has nightmares about her -- we're still dealing with her continuing efforts to put us out of business behind the scenes. There was much stress at the idea of having to make nice with her in front of media. I did a ritual at the doorway of the center, welcoming anyone with good intent and barring any ill-wishers from entering, and in the end, it totally worked. She didn't even show up! Magick works!!
#495 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
still puking. blaaah.
So I'm guessing it's not food poisoning, right?

#496 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Lioness and Valerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Quinn and Jack should get together and then they could have a drama-filled fest.
And Rio. Don't forget mine. He's 9-- I'm sure he'd love to supervise the littles in the dramafest
Count me in for posh coffee! I'll take iced with whipped cream, please

Quote:
so ds#4 was getting ready to throw my wallet across the bedroom cuz i wouldn't nurse him that very moment and i looked him in the eye and said "i will not nurse you if you keep braking my stuff" he put the wallet down said sorry and waited. lol
Well go, you! Yay, it worked! (well...at least, this once...) Stay consistent, mama. Whew, huh?

Quote:
Yay, good luck!

Quote:
Waiting to hear from DH about a loan... we have the chance to buy a (used) minivan and I really hope the bank says yes! It's a 2004 honda odyssey
I've heard nothing but good about those. I hope you get one!

Quote:
BUT Tor fell asleep on my nap and I can't move him. And he just filled his dipe with baby processed blueberries. Oh dear.
Mmm, what a visual

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
Today, I got the email requesting I do an oral presentation at the conference! It is in the next province (Québec) but WOW! I am sooooo happy!
Well yay for you, that's awesome!

DS is so, so intense and just about unbearable without his meds...ye gods. He never, ever shuts up or stops moving. EVER. Every single word out of my mouth is "settle down" or "stop it" or "breathe" or some version, sometimes nice and sometimes not so. He just. can. not. stop. I am so, so worn out.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#497 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 07:17 PM

Oh my, so much to keep up with.

Ages and Stages- The odd years are known for being tough, not to mention the normal stuff all kids go through. 5 is the age my Gilli is at and wow, it is testing everything I know about development and personality. *hugs* for all the Mom's going through tough stuff with their kids.

Mamaofthree- I had a two week mega illness when I was pregnant with Erin. It was like food poisoning or the flu coupled with pregnancy. I hope you get some relief and just rest during the packing. I kept hydrated with gatorade and fruit cocktail "juice", which was the syrup and water together.

DOK- I think the Ipad will be great for DS!

Clay- the van sounds great. Honestly, having the van helps so much, and I am finally ok with being that "van mom". hehe

I made a spiral in the pinch pot I made at pottery class. I made the pot in honor of the woman I am and the beautiful flowers that have grown in the garden.

Thinking of everyone today!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#498 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 PM

Oh Karen, did you have to remind me that 5= 'test you on every limit imaginable' ?? My daughter will be 5 soon. ACK!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#499 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Yay!!! More good vibes your way!

Quote:
Waiting to hear from DH about a loan... we have the chance to buy a (used) minivan and I really hope the bank says yes! It's a 2004 honda odyssey with leather interior/heated seats/dvd player and more to the point it'll hold everyone in relative comfort! OMG! The glory of it!

Sleep- all three kiddos are asleep. BUT Tor fell asleep on my nap and I can't move him. And he just filled his dipe with baby processed blueberries. Oh dear.
Good vibes for the van!

And have fun changing his dipe when you can move...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Yep! The grant came in! Now I just have to wait for it to be delivered to my local store. Ack, the suspense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
I got some news this morning...a few months ago, there was a call for proposals for the yearly conference the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada. I submitted something because I at least wanted to get them thinking of doulas. Today, I got the email requesting I do an oral presentation at the conference! It is in the next province (Québec) but WOW! I am sooooo happy! <---that doesn't even tell you how I feel!

The proposal topic was: "The Hearts and Hands of Labour Support"

And me...I am still speechless.
Yay! Is this conference in Montreal or somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
ETA -- A woman in local government we'll call the Oathbreaker invited herself and some cronies to a public reception we were hosting. Don't want to put too many details here, but I lost 50 pounds 5 years ago from stress during the year I had to deal with this person regularly, and my coworker still has nightmares about her -- we're still dealing with her continuing efforts to put us out of business behind the scenes. There was much stress at the idea of having to make nice with her in front of media. I did a ritual at the doorway of the center, welcoming anyone with good intent and barring any ill-wishers from entering, and in the end, it totally worked. She didn't even show up! Magick works!!
Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
DS is so, so intense and just about unbearable without his meds...ye gods. He never, ever shuts up or stops moving. EVER. Every single word out of my mouth is "settle down" or "stop it" or "breathe" or some version, sometimes nice and sometimes not so. He just. can. not. stop. I am so, so worn out.
(((hugs)))

I'm working on an article about spirituality and mothering... I want to make suggestions to feed the spiritual needs of mom in the midst of real life with a baby/toddler/child. I want to include both religious and non-religious tools so more women can relate to the article. Your input is welcome!

Valérie   
#500 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Oh Karen, did you have to remind me that 5= 'test you on every limit imaginable' ?? My daughter will be 5 soon. ACK!
You mean my DD can be testing the limits more than she already do??? She was born testing the limits!!! Won't there be a limit on her limit's testing?

Valérie   
#501 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 PM

Sometimes being a parent requires a sacrifice. Apparently a blood sacrifice! All this talk of blood maybe brought this on myself!
On Sunday, after a loooong weekend of baseball tournaments, I thought it would be nice and fun to take my family to the park by our house and have ourselves a little baseball game. Two hours later, I was wailing and blood was pouring from my forehead. My oldest daughter (who has been playing baseball for 4 years and has one of the fastest and strongest pitches in her division) threw the ball to an unexpecting me and it caught me in the forehead. I now have a very colorful black eye, and 8 stitches above my left eye. I had no idea a baseball could split open a head like this!

Ah, motherhood.
#502 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 08:34 PM

Ouch Sage! Hug and healing vibes for you!

Valérie   
#503 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh MAN, Cari, that looks potentially yummy

How was everyone's Solstice?
The boys have checked for berries every day since we planted it I keep reminding them the plants have to grow a bit first, THEN it can start making berries. Solstice was nice, until quinn went psycho on me I'll still count it as ok though

Quote:
sunburn- it was just me. The two lily white, blond haired kiddos (who were actually IN the sprinklers and soaking wet) didn't burn. Torin, who was strapped to my chest in the ergo didn't burn, though there is a sort of "gap" in my burn where his head was shading my chest while he slept!
I wonder.. you sound like you had a pretty good spider bite, if maybe the toxin in THAT made your skin more sensitive to sunlight? I'd almost be willing to put $ on it considering the Tor outline and you using the same sunscreens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Quinn and Jack should get together and then they could have a drama-filled fest. We could sit back then and enjoy some posh coffee with the screeching in the background.

4 is supposed to be better than 3.... hmmm Maia I'm calling BS on this
LOL that could be scary! Quinn has a little friend at playgroup, when we first went I was VERY concerned how they would get along as this little boy is very tempermental. The first thing the other boy said to/about quinn? He's NOT a naughty boy! when I was telling him not to do something They're little mates now.

Quote:
Clay - you need a power up! DH is a video gamer and we just saw the preview for Scott Pilgram v the world and hehe it started to crack me up because it has some of the gaming (like mario bros)
Ya know.. last night I told DH I was gonna remarket iced coffee breaks in a little bottle, call em mana pots. and make a killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i was talking to my son last night. it made me cry. we have a pretty good relationship. we talk about everything. he confides in me and all. but he said he wants to be the complete opposite of me when he grows up. i didnt let him know how hurt i was bc i thought that of my parents too. he agrees with the bf thing and someother stuff but he doesnt like how i am raising his sisters. granted when he was a kid i was awful. i was a pot smoker who was selfish and immature and he spent more time alone than he should have. i wasnt a very good mother. they even took him away from me for 2 months, but i straightened up and now i think i am a good mom. i think he is still unconsciously mad at me for all the stupid stuff from when he was a baby. i feel horribly guilty. i have fibro and things are hard. i feel like a bad mom lately too. even though i know now that i am doing things right and being gentle and loving with my kids.
s I think if he 'likes' how you are raising his sisters, it would make him think about how different things were with him ya know? But sorry, on breastfeeding? I don't think he really gets an opinion

Quote:
moving van is here. dh and the big kids are kicking major ass getting it packed. i am "supervising" and feeling very ill still. this nausea is just bringing me down.
i realized i have nothing to wear in AZ. i will have to cut all my jeans into shorts. lol i only have clothes for the freaking cold here.

h
clothing! And here I sit, wearing sleeveless shirts with a giant cardi sweater over top of it Grats on the good response with ds.. lets hope it continues! Good luck with the move

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I'm hoping to get an email from my local Apple store today or tomorrow. Waiting for my order to come in. It's so hard not to be impatient.
Oooh lucky girl! You guys will love that... Connor had a nice long test drive of one with Uncle Mike the other night (it's nto released in NZ yet, so the uncles ordered one to Mums address and timed it to arrive when they got here hehehe). It looked awesome... although it was smaller than I expected

Quote:
Good luck hun!

Quote:

PMSL @ processed blueberries Hope you get the loan! I'm seriously wanting to upgrade to an Odyssey, probably have to be about an 05 for us as our finance co won't go a used car over 4 or 5 yrs old. We'll NEED one when we get Derrick down here, as it sits now we'd have to take 2 vehicles everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Hi everyone! One more day of insanity and then burnout recovery can commence. I don't really want to talk about it, except that I. Am. Not. Doing. This. Again. Next. Year. Even if I have to change my name and move to Guatemala.

Quote:
I did a ritual at the doorway of the center, welcoming anyone with good intent and barring any ill-wishers from entering, and in the end, it totally worked. She didn't even show up! Magick works!!
Thank goddess for small favours!

Quote:
And Rio. Don't forget mine. He's 9-- I'm sure he'd love to supervise the littles in the dramafest
Count me in for posh coffee! I'll take iced with whipped cream, please
He'd teach them all the really lovely stuff, to be sure!

Quote:
Oh how awful I take it his meds are VERY expensive? Have you contacted the drug companies to see if they have any patient assistance programs?? I used to deal with drug reps a lot in my job, and we could often get clients that simply could not pay for meds onto programs where they would get supplied for free. This was for antipsychotic/depressants and related drugs, but I'm SURE they do these programs for others! Please check into it for your own sanity's sake. As much as I like the idea that the drugs are to help them function while they learn to cope without? I do not think it always works out that way

I'm having a 'meh' morning... I can't be bothered to do much of anything Need to call D and talk to him & his dad about the visa process for him coming here.. it's a bit of effort that's for sure And I started a 'to do' list last night... and am currently ignoring it More coffee maybe??

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#504 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Sage you must have posted while I was writing the above novel OUCH! I hope it's not too painful... 8 stitches.. ya don't do anything by halves mama

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#505 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 PM

All I can muster right now is:

Gah, ugh, blah and AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

Singin': Awesome!!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#506 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 09:45 PM

singin-

aubergine- you witchy witch you! that's fantastic!

the van is a strong maybe... we need a little more paperwork.

aeress- the pot sound lovely

ages- dd1 is 5 and dear lords the boundary pushing!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#507 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
I now have a very colorful black eye, and 8 stitches above my left eye.
Yikes! That sounds so incredibly painful! The needle before the stitches must have been awful.
Your kids must have been so scared to see all that blood on their mama.

#508 of 727 Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 PM

yay for a maybe - Clay!

Sage - holy mother ouch!

The kiddos are finally in bed sans drama and I get to

indulge in ... yes watching the bachelorette...

and eating peanut butter with a spoon. I think this is heaven

#509 of 727 Old 06-23-2010, 12:25 AM

sage- wow stitches? she must have one heck of an arm on her. i hope it gets better fast.

i have beenhaving insomnia lately. just cant seem to go to bed ealry enough. want to stay up all night but will force myself around 11pm. DD2 finally conked out. oh the teething horror. this is worse than any of the other kids. she needed tylenol, hylands and wearing her amber to get to sleep this afternoon. but she finally had a hour nap without being held for the first time in 2 weeks. i didnt know what to do with myself. lol. so i cleaned stuff and managed to eat something.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#510 of 727 Old 06-23-2010, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Lymph moved, sounds like Might try massaging the other ones? You have a ton of lymph nodes in your neck area. See if you can google them and maybe you can massage them yourself.

Why wet socks?

I used to like hot honey and lemon shots. I forgot about that. I haven't had a sore throat in ages (thank the Gods). But I used to put a Tb or two of honey in a 2-oz ramekin (when I was working at the restaurant) and some lemon juice on top, then nuke it for just a couple of seconds. Shoot it down like a shooter It does help, briefly.

I did the honey & lemon, and Traditional Medicines Throat Coat Jr. Nothing seems to be working. It was getting better - but then we wet to bil's for bbq. Nephews made a really smokey fire and now I'm dying again. DD is all congested too.

Wet socks: it helps with congestion. Wet cotton socks under dry wool socks & go immediately to bed. When I'm really congested it works great - but it didn't do much for post-nasal drip & gunk. Nasal irrigation/neti pot helped clear out some old crud though.

Then I wake up this morning all engorged. Boobs went really hard but super heavy (twice normal) with blood vessels popping out of the skin. All I did was think about taking brewer's yeast at my lactation consultants rec to improve my pumping success. I probably shouldn't touch the stuff if thinking about it does that

DeShanna - good luck!

Sage - ouch, speedy healing.

I had a nice playdate with a friend with her 2.5 y.o & 6 week old. Shes had a doozy of a time with PPD - although she was struggling w/ rage not depression. She also wasn't bonding with her baby - even resented him for taking away her time from her DD. So glad there is help for mommas. It broke my heart, but she is doing much better.

Solstice - we didn't really do anything. Its actually a relief to be looking forward to the sun setting a bit earlier. I'm really looking forward to July - salmon, raspberries, a niece from Louisiana coming to visit, taking DS to watch midnight fireworks (they don't work well here in summer). And I'm getting a new tree for my front yard - a big mountain ash. The nursery had a moose invader get in their large tree lot and damage a couple. It is patched and they are giving it to me for less $ than a tree half its size. Plus my mom & dad are buying it for us and paying for getting it planted and a moose fence around it constructed as a "multi-holiday" gift.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page