~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 727 Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
my SIL taught classes at Starwood for years and love love LOVES it and always wants us to go
I'd be curious to hear what she has to say about it. I am positive that's the festival I keep hearing about where there's people having sex in the hot tubs with little girls hanging around, and stuff. Just lots of awful sex stories, and not much family-friendly stuff. I've never been tempted to go, because of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
and with so much rotting flesh, it kinda kills the appetite.
Ya think? I imagine so!

Quote:
Seriously, the only thing I've done differently, beyond the natural evolution of being a mom to older preschoolers instead of toddlers (easier to get out with older kids), is investing a lot of my grocery budget in raw milk. Jersey milk, no less, 17% milk fat. I make most of the cream into butter, but it is still a lot fattier than grocery store whole milk. It is counterintuitive. I was feeling guilty about consuming all that fat and thinking I must be gaining weight.
That's the theory behind Atkins, and actually both my Anatomy & Physiology classes confirmed the low-carb theory. It is true, and it works. I just wish I could get on the bandwagon.
Couple years ago, I did-- plunged right in, and did real well, 5lb down the first week, then I got a wild hair and went NO carb for a couple of days, thinking I'd really bust some weight off-- but I got utterly sick, blech, :Puke Not physically sick-- just, if I saw one more egg, or piece of bacon, or meat, I was going to hurl. That's what I get for trying to be extreme

Quote:
I want to get back into writing morning pages
I really need to get back into my journal, as well. I've been so busy focusing on decluttering. I have LOTS cleared out. Now I have to get the house in shape and talk to an agent and see what's up. I posted lots of things on Craig's List and am getting lots of replies-- now let's see if any pan out.
I'm getting excited for changes

I have 22 days left to renew my CNA certificate. I keep thinking why bother, if we move to MA, I have to take the whole dang class over again-- it's not reciprocal. But if I don't, I can be one here. But honestly? I'd rather work retail than wipe butts...sigh.

Got to web-cam with M tonight OMGs, mamas, we are more in love every dang second, I swear We're so blessed. We really are

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#182 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 AM

Maia- I couldn't do the Atkins. I considered the South Beach Diet but don't know if it works.
I am ready to do something. Didn't someone post a link to a place like weight watchers but free?

Mamaofthree- As I was typing, your name popped in my head, so I wanted to check in and see how you are doing.

Well, it is dance recital week so we have rehearsal, dress rehearsal and two performances before we can call it done for the season. I am ready for a break.

I was all set to take pics last night but that was before my Gilli fell and scraped both her knees. I spent the night consoling her, she takes things rather hard, and cleaning dirt out of her knee. Today it is raining, so maybe later. I planted lupine and poppies! I have red, pink, and purple in the front bed and orange, yellow, red in the side bed. Makes me very happy.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#183 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM

Valérie   
#184 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 11:21 AM

Aeress, try Eat Fat, Lose Fat. It's a book from by the NT folks, and when I stick to it, I do well on it. Anyway, it critiques Atkins, though it praises it for being on the right track, and goes it one better.

Of course, a week like this where there's wedding cake, birthday pie (I made my Dh homemade key lime pie for his birthday, and anniversary cake on Friday (it's our 5th!), I'm bound to put on a few.

Come ponder with me about food!
#185 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
That's so weird; that sounds like something they'd have done in my mom's day, not mine.
I have heard that hearing impaired people do have their own subculture, and like it. Am I wrong?
I think it's weird too, but I also think that at the time the method was created with good intentions though maybe a bit misguided. In a way it created the isolation it was supposed to help prevent. In my family's experience, they felt different from most of the kids at the school they were mainstreamed into & also different from the ASL community because they couldn't communicate with kids with their own shared experience. So, there was kind of a "where do we belong?" syndrome they experienced. It's kind of neat that a couple of my cousins are now ASL interpreters and educators now.

There is nothing sweeter than little kiddos spontaneously singing in their beautiful little voices. This is DD right now,
"One mango in the jar. Two mangoes in the jar. Three mangoes in the jar..."

Where'd this mango song come from?

Today's weather...more rain. This is so strange. I'm getting a little tired of wearing raincoats and scarves. I want a little sunshine please. Oh well, everything is certainly green and beautiful.

Happy Anniversary witchygrrl! :

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#186 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Maia- I couldn't do the Atkins.
Hmm, I wasn't really suggesting you do...I was just agreeing about the low-carb aspect. There are lots of ways to approach low carb. It's really better for our species to eat that way, IMO. I'm just addicted to sugar like the rest of America Plus being an alkie it's natural for me to be. Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
I made my Dh homemade key lime pie for his birthday, and anniversary cake on Friday (it's our 5th!), I'm bound to put on a few.
YUM key lime pie!! Happy birthday to your DH, and happy anniversary!
I can not believe M and I have been handfasted for 3 months already. We both are still flabbergasted that we're so smitten with each other, so quickly, after thirty-five freaking years apart! *swoon*

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#187 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 AM

I wonder how awyen is doing? I lost her email address in my virus crash

Anybody know how unschoolin's doing, too?

#188 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing

Do any of you have the link to the Lunabar task bar thingy? With the moon phases? I want to reinstall it. What's the current phase, anybody know?

#189 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Maia- I couldn't do the Atkins. I considered the South Beach Diet but don't know if it works.
I am ready to do something. Didn't someone post a link to a place like weight watchers but free?

Mamaofthree- As I was typing, your name popped in my head, so I wanted to check in and see how you are doing.

Well, it is dance recital week so we have rehearsal, dress rehearsal and two performances before we can call it done for the season. I am ready for a break.

I was all set to take pics last night but that was before my Gilli fell and scraped both her knees. I spent the night consoling her, she takes things rather hard, and cleaning dirt out of her knee. Today it is raining, so maybe later. I planted lupine and poppies! I have red, pink, and purple in the front bed and orange, yellow, red in the side bed. Makes me very happy.
Irony! I just started my modified south beach diet (again) but with more of a slant to NT (ie natural fats) vs. what is promoted by SB diet which is lots of butter subsitutes, sugar subs and etc. That's the part that grossing me out now.

I did the South Beach Diet 5 years ago and lost 20lbs easy-cheesy and I got pregnant. Right now I'm more focused about adjusting my dependance on sugar vs. losing weight but if I do - well bonus for me!

Yay for lupine and poppies! That sounds beautiful!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#190 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 AM

unschoolin's back on FB.

so we got the low down on move in costs to the house we want to rent... good lord! seriously? i thought the money we borrowed from my parents would cover it. NOPE! and no other places are any different. we need a fairly large-ish place as there will be 8 of us in it. the place we like is 1600 sqft. we did live in 1000 back in tucson, but it was tight. ugh!
and no one is checking out our house here. frustrating. although i am thinking that after we move out it might be more showable. either that or we let it go into foreclosure after we buy another house. blaaah! i am upset that we so quickly bought a house here, it felt like it wasn't a good idea, but dh really wanted to. now i keep thinking... STUPID MISTAKE!

having some good days, but still feeling so blaaah. going to try and head to the beach today, it is suppose to be nice.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#191 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
and no one is checking out our house here. frustrating.
Have you decluttered? Are the walls painted neutral colors? Is it priced right?
Is there a listing with really good photo's of it on Zillow (etc)?
Feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk about it privately. I used to do staging and interior decorating.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#192 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 PM

we can only declutter so much as we are packing, but the agent came and took loads of pictures and we are up on all the sites, she is doing great. my hope is that the people will come once school is out (in two weeks). as for coloring, we are broke, so it is the colors it is, which are the colors it was when we bought it... blue! lol we are priced to sell and have a plan to decrease the price every two weeks until we can't any more.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#193 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 01:59 PM

Did you check out the pics?
(ds's grandmother is trying to sell her house but the pics the agent took and posted are horrible. They aren't getting any interest!)

#194 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 02:01 PM

oh, the pix are beautiful! makes me want to buy the house. lol

h

#195 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 PM

LOL. Well, that's good! Now I want to see it!

#196 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...011_1119227106

have a look. anyone want to buy a house in brunswick maine? lol

#197 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Happy home sale vibes, and fingers crossed for a comfy home to be!

I love South Beach when I need to drop a few pounds and "reset"... I tend to work towards long term, sustainable, generally balanced lifestyle eating. But generally a year or so after a babe I'm still a few pounds above my pre-baby weight and I pull out the South Beach. So far it's been a nice short term weight loss tool... I wouldn't be able to eat their "lifestyle plan", but I've found I drop 5-10lbs on the stage 1 portion and then maintain that weight with my normal eating. Actually, I'm back to my pre-baby weight now but would still like to tone up.

ASL/deaf culture- it's a very sensitive subject. Questions about sign vs lip reading, implants, and whether or not it's a culture or a condition are VERY hot. Different families make very different choices...

moon- it's waning crescent, 10% of full. I use the FB app (moonconnection.com I think they have a few different free moon options)

weather- rain! rainrainrainrainRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And temps in the 40s. I have the wood stove burning and we're all wearing sweaters. Do you know how hard it is to get a sensory kid back into clothes you've finally convinced them are not necessary?

need hope- Ro is potty learning! send happy bladder vibes... if she gets constipated again, or gets a uti, or freaks out at the new sensations this may not go well!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#198 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I really love the all the pics with the trees and land too.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#199 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

ASL/deaf culture- it's a very sensitive subject. Questions about sign vs lip reading, implants, and whether or not it's a culture or a condition are VERY hot. Different families make very different choices...

need hope- Ro is potty learning! send happy bladder vibes... if she gets constipated again, or gets a uti, or freaks out at the new sensations this may not go well!
Very true about ASL/deaf culture. Hopefully, I didn't offend sharing my family story. It certainly wasn't my intention. Good luck with the potty learning Ro! You can do it

Quote:
oh, the pix are beautiful! makes me want to buy the house. lol

h
I love your house. I would love to buy it if it was in our area...darn. All the property is gorgeous and the house seems very charming. Good luck on the sell and the move.

Quote:
I can not believe M and I have been handfasted for 3 months already. We both are still flabbergasted that we're so smitten with each other, so quickly, after thirty-five freaking years apart! *swoon*
I'm so happy for your smittenness. I remember back when you were putting intention into the possibility of a romantic relationship. You're pretty good at it apparently

DoK-I think staging would be a really fun job. Did you like it?

This morning I dropped off DD at school, and DS and I went to town and did some major grocery shopping. I'm wiped out and taking a much needed veg out break. Next I need to get some cleaning/organizing/cooking done. The upside is fresh Halibut for dinner

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#200 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 04:24 PM

I wish I could move to Maine... that house and yard rocks! Hopefully there will be an offer (or two) soon! What are the major employers? Can you market towards people who might be related to those employers? Like... around here there are lots of international grad students with families, so some landlords put adverts in the online journals those grads are reading or the online communities they hang out on.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#201 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 04:49 PM

Mamaofthree- Beautiful House! Moving some of the furniture around might add appeal. You need to find a buyer who is looking to get out of the city and live in peace and quiet.

Maia- I think my comment didn't come across well, just chit-chatting, making conversation about diets and such.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#202 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM

femme- no no! Sharing is good! I just wanted people to realize that there are HUGE debates about how to approach the subject, and that one family might make a choice that seems really out there when in fact they're firmly in the middle of one of the "camps". Like the family that produces Signing Times... they're responsible for bringing ASL to so many kiddos, but when they opted for surgery and speech therapy they lost the support of many deaf families. It's a complicated and emotional subject that should be better known, so thank you for sharing!

#203 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 06:15 PM

Mamaofthree- Such a low price for a fabulous house! I'm going to try to help you sell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
DoK-I think staging would be a really fun job. Did you like it?
It was so much fun!

#204 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Hi all.

Glad to have read all the lovely news.

I was alone but realize my family doesn't neccessarily come from blood. I realized that when my sister insulted me and then my other sister (who called the next day after my sister whined to her) told me that in our family mean things are said to me because they love me. I don't think so. I believed that lie all my young life and no more. They're irritated now thatI don't answer my phone.

Dh actually did not get the bank job, BUT we are getting cash assistance and his old job at the grocery store took him back today saying they lost a good worker once he left. It's not as much, but I told him that it's better to have a job where you're respected and not make as much, than be at a job that sees you as just another number.

We were able to get food today!!! They increased our food stamps while the no income thing was coming in. I don't like being in the place we're in, but I need to do for my family what I need to do. I fainted (due to no food in my belly) at the costco, but I'm fine.

So I guess it will get back to where we need to be. I just hate losing those I grew up with. But I know where those that really love me are

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#205 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Very true about ASL/deaf culture. Hopefully, I didn't offend sharing my family story. It certainly wasn't my intention.
You didn't offend me. I am always looking to find out how not to offend people. So when I get the opportunity to ask someone in the "in crowd" some questions, I will. Hope that's OK!

Quote:
I'm so happy for your smittenness. I remember back when you were putting intention into the possibility of a romantic relationship. You're pretty good at it apparently
I guess so, right? Who knew!
Yeah, that year I did <an apparently really powerful> love spell on Valentine's Day, and then the Treasure Map in March-- wowsa, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
So I guess it will get back to where we need to be. I just hate losing those I grew up with. But I know where those that really love me are
We are here, we are here, we are HERE! YOP!!!
Glad you're back, unschoolin'
And yay on your DH's job. I am telling M the very same things at the moment

#206 of 727 Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 PM

I use the moon phase thing on facebook also. I think by tomorrow night it will be a complete New Moon/Dark Moon. (Whichever you might call it).

Can't stay and chat for long, hubby is going to call me. Somehow they are close enough to shore to get cell service. Lol. Gotta love being out to sea.

My girls keep seeing the pillow pet commercial and BEG me to get them one! DD4 wants the unicorn one and DS8 wants the panda bear one, and DD2 just wants one! I think I just found their christmas gift. (wink, wink). With 3 birthdays and major holidays at Christmas, I try to get that shopping done early! Plus another birth due just before the holidays begin.

I did read through the last 3 pages to catch up but can't comment on each one in a quick moment. Just know that I think about you guys during the day and say my silent instant magic good vibes for y'all.

I'm so excited that he's going to call soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#207 of 727 Old 06-10-2010, 12:17 AM

clay: good idea. there is Bowdoin college here. (just over a mile from our house). one issue is there isn't alot of work here in brunswick, but portland and lewiston are an easy car ride away. it seems that people in maine get a bug up their butts if they have to drive at all though. maybe coming from the west where everything is a good 45 minute drive makes that not a big deal to me. lol

unschoolin: I am so happy you are back. i missed you!

h

#208 of 727 Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh yeah, one more thing

Do any of you have the link to the Lunabar task bar thingy? With the moon phases? I want to reinstall it. What's the current phase, anybody know?
I Do New moon is on the 12th of June (although mine is set southern hemisphere so it might be the 11th for you? *scratches head*

Quote:

Oh lovely home! Best of success selling it.. the price is NICE (although admittedly I don't know prices in that area... and that would be so dirt cheap here it'd never HIT the market lol) so I'm sure you'll get some interest!

Unschoolin.. sorry your family sucks bum. I'd send them a letter saying that 'love' does not give them the right to be cruel and say/do mean things' and make sure I added do not contact me again PERIOD on the end of it! You & your family deserve better than that crap. Hope the $ situation looks up for you soon.

Me... I'm sick (read: ahm thick, because that's about how it sounds lol) I have body aches, a head full of concrete and a sore throat. In short, I feel rather awful been doing that <-- ALL day long.

May go take a nap again this afternoon since it's nice and warm in the bed

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#209 of 727 Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 AM

Moon phase: I have the Lunabar, can't remember where I got it from .

New Moon if June 12 at 7h15 AM for us Maia.

We were woken up by DH's firefighter's alarm... I'll go back in bed and try to relax... It can be a short outing if it's a false alarm or it can be pretty long if their is a fire...

Good night!

Valérie   
#210 of 727 Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 AM

I'm so behind it's not even funny. Y'all are really fast!!

I was kinda hoping for some slow down (for me) but I guess now that school is over I'm rushing to get a bunch of things done NOW so I have more Summer with the kids. I gave myself a deadline of Solstice to be done with all major cleaning (aside from my bedroom) and getting back to work on my Home Management binder. (I love that thing and it's only half way complete!!)

Yesterday we dropped my van at the repair shop and picked up a rental. Since we were out and had something do to later we grabbed a snack, and went bowling. Then we got lunch and picked up my brother from summer school. We left at 9:30/10:00 and didn't get home until 5!

But on the very bright side, now that my dishwasher is fixed that's saving me a lot of work hours on washing dishes that can be spent doing better things. Cleaning something else, or hanging out with my kids!!! Today though I'll be cleaning and driving to the dentist for the boy to get a cleaning. But hopefully when we get home I'll have time to sit and play some games before I have to make dinner. I already know that if I had to wash dishes I'd be planning to wash them either as soon as ds wakes up, or as soon as we returned home.

*sigh* my posting time is up. The girl wants to take her shower now!! lol

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page