~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think daring diaper wetbags are a great idea, DeShanna. I wish I'd had some when I used cloth dipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Right?

On rereading, I don't think that I expressed myself very well. Just thinking about the insecurities, especially body insecurities that I have. When I tapped on it, my weight issue was all about not feeling I deserved to be liked/respected loved because of body image issues and past failures. I was just thinking that everyone I know has insecurity issues, some big and really *do* present barriers to love, but most are small. Either way, it is hard to remember through them that everyone *does* deserve love? And then there is mother love and guilt, a whole other stress point. Feel like I'm rambling on this point, so I'll stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

Aubergine.. I'll get the ball rolling then as I believe I hit saturday sunset ahead of everyone else I most definitely have a couple of things to release.
Thanks, Cari -- Today's sunset would be the waning moon and tomorrow night, the first of the new moon, btw. ETA Australia time zones have me totally confused. I ran it through a converter and I think the moment of the new moon is 8:15 pm Saturday for you? You'll have to tell me if I'm out to lunch on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Shared Rituals - Let me check out sunset time for us (CDT) but it could be tricky as DH has D&D tonight (yes get out your 20-sided dice!) and I have the boys. I could do something short & sweet, tomorrow works for me though. Is there something in mind? if so linky plz
No specific thing in mind -- never planned anything like this before, so simple/easy is good. Just banishing, releasing, tapping, writing stuff on a piece of paper and burning it, naming a candle and blowing it out, etc. Thoughts/energy supporting the intentions of the others working on the releasing would be wonderful. Whatever feels right. I'll be comforted to know that there are others doing it too.

Sunset would be ideal, but if any of you want to perform such a ritual anytime before the actual moment of the new moon, please feel free to join in.

Tomorrow night, the first of the new moon, I am going to do another ritual to start some new plans and attract some new stuff. Everyone welcome to join in for that, too! Let me know so I can send some energy your way for that, too.

ETA I didn't find a totally user-friendly site for moon phase changes across time zones, but this NASA one tells me that new moon is at 4:15 am June 12 for me, and it looks like one could find ones own time zones easily enough.

And thanks for the news on aweyn, Maia. Gosh, I owe her an email. And several other people
#242 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 03:59 PM

Very cool - I like the idea of letting "go". I think this might be the idea for trying to let go some of the fear I have of change. I love the candle idea and just might do that.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#243 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 05:16 PM

Clay, I hope today is better than yesterday! At least you do keep your wits about you! I probably would have melted down.

DH has a second interview on Tuesday! They literally called about as early as one can at a school--7 AM--and the first round of interviews ended late yesterday afternoon. Ooooh, I hope I hope I hope.

Come ponder with me about food!
#244 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 05:31 PM

I got a call for an interview on the 22nd. I'll have to take out my piercings and don't know what to do with the mohawk. I may have to cut it off

But it would be interesting to get. And my pregnancy won't affect anything.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#245 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
On rereading, I don't think that I expressed myself very well.
No, I think I gotcha. Makes sense to me.

As for tonight-- it's thundering here, so it's looked like sunset for awhile now but I will see how things go at 8:32pm. I do need to get back in touch with my spiritual side, so I am going to set an alarm of some sort, or write myself a note. I want to participate!
How long are you guys going to take? As short or as long as it takes? Is there a time frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
DH has a second interview on Tuesday! They literally called about as early as one can at a school--7 AM--and the first round of interviews ended late yesterday afternoon. Ooooh, I hope I hope I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I got a call for an interview on the 22nd. I'll have to take out my piercings and don't know what to do with the mohawk. I may have to cut it off

But it would be interesting to get. And my pregnancy won't affect anything.
for you, too. So...hair, which is temporary, and grows back in, would affect the job, but a baby...which is forever...won't?

Anyway. Can you just comb it down or something? Or is it the long vs. shaved that's bothering them?

Gah on body stuff...in nursing school, we weren't allowed to have more than one discreet set of earrings, and one ring, and that's all, and tatts had to be covered. But the actual nurses and CNAs at the hospital had all sorts of like eyebrow piercings and obvious tatts. I had earrings that were put in by a tattoo person, that were permanent unless I had them taken out. Now they're out, and I have to pay if I want to put them back in
People are just too picky. It's all just Stuff. Why can't we look beyond the outside to what people are, what they are capable of, and not just looks?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#246 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=Maiasaura;15509560]
How long are you guys going to take? As short or as long as it takes?

Yup. ETA - as long or as short as it takes, I mean.
#247 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
aaaaaawww Liza! Can you knit or crochet?? There are breast patterns or you could create your own. I'm overdue on making one for a friends CBE class!! I finally have something that could be "skin" tone and a pinkish (can't seem to find a more brownish pink in the right weight of yarn) for the areola and nipple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Liza - toy boob, curious maybe he wants to nurse too? I'm not letting DH see this otherwise he'll put in his request for one
I do knit. Let me rephrase - I can knit & have a huge yarn stash. I am lacking the time to do so unsupervised by a kiddo you discovered playing with my knitting is fascinating. My DH would crack up if I made one. (Can I have one too, since you don't let me play with yours anymore???)

KTG - DS is still nursing. The effects of my travel without him one week and then his being sick the following his once per day has ballooned to multiple times per day. When I tell him he can nurse, he actually runs to me. I'm not sure if he was honestly thinking of a toy boob would be a cozy/lovey kind of thing. Or was he just being funny. It is really interesting to see his sense of humor develop. His seems to be more advanced than his other 2 year old peers in that it involves a lot of word play/word or letter substitution and the beginnings of irony. I guess kids learn what they are exposed to at home....

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#248 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
I do knit. Let me rephrase - I can knit & have a huge yarn stash. I am lacking the time to do so unsupervised by a kiddo you discovered playing with my knitting is fascinating. My DH would crack up if I made one. (Can I have one too, since you don't let me play with yours anymore???)

KTG - DS is still nursing. The effects of my travel without him one week and then his being sick the following his once per day has ballooned to multiple times per day. When I tell him he can nurse, he actually runs to me. I'm not sure if he was honestly thinking of a toy boob would be a cozy/lovey kind of thing. Or was he just being funny. It is really interesting to see his sense of humor develop. His seems to be more advanced than his other 2 year old peers in that it involves a lot of word play/word or letter substitution and the beginnings of irony. I guess kids learn what they are exposed to at home....
aaah I see my quote/post- and I see was not firing on all cylinders today - I'm going to blame a lack of coffee before typing *sigh* I meant to say perhaps your DS wants to nurse his toys/lovies etc.. c'est la vie - though a knit boob as a lovie would be quite adorable!!

P.s. Congrats on the continued nursing!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#249 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 PM

I'm alone with kiddos tonight, but I'm going to try my best to swing the letting go ritual...I'm in need of some. We may even have a sunset tonight. The rain finally broke

All the toy boob talk is too sweet

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#250 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks, Cari -- Today's sunset would be the waning moon and tomorrow night, the first of the new moon, btw. ETA Australia time zones have me totally confused. I ran it through a converter and I think the moment of the new moon is 8:15 pm Saturday for you? You'll have to tell me if I'm out to lunch on that!
Close! I'm in Queensland, and we don't do daylight savings so no fall back. It's at 915pm for us tonight even!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
My dh even cracked a giggle at that one... and said dude, that's harsh

I'm still not well, so I'm not trying to follow any conversations that require comprehension... because I just can not comprehend. I swear I couldn't think my way out of a paper bag right now! AND my glasses just exploded... I was putting them on and a lens just shot across the room DH rigged them up for temps and we're going to the local optical shop where they said they could take care of them for me I think this calls for a posh (hot) coffee.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#251 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 10:08 PM

Maia-I already wear it combed to the side, but my sides are shaved close right now. I have to hide my piercings as well, which shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I threatened to eat my children tonight. I told them that's how the baby got in my stomach. It drove me nuts so I ate it. They're behaving quite nicely at the moment

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#252 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 PM

I really wish people would get over piercings, tattoos, and fun haircuts. I really don't see what the big deal is. I have a friend with an MA in History, and she has tons of tats and piercings, and the only place she found work was Target But in any case, income's income. for you!

I do wish I had more guts to just go ahead and dye my hair fun colors (piercings are out--my skin is too sensitive, and I only want one more tat, and it'll be on my back) and have fun haircuts. I just don't feel like I have the right kind of "look" to pull that sort of thing off. Ah well.

#253 of 727 Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 PM

Shared ritual... I'm doing a "wash it down the drain" ritual tonight and for the next few... basically bubble up in the shower and then rinse the "whatever the problem is" down the drain. A salt scrub, a rinse, a rub on lotion with the intent of rubbing in some positive attribute, and all is right with the world!

Thanks for the love and support... we made it through yesterday and today was much better. I had Laia make a card to give to her teacher along with an apology, I put Rowan into a dipe, I gave Tor some tylenol to help with the massive teething and used every diaper rash potion in my stash to help his little poxy bum heal, I had a yummy beer last night after Mike got home and we had pizza and watermelon tonight.

Simple, easy, and as little stress as possible.

I'll be planning a few necklaces and whatnot for my store over the next few days and I think we've found a way for me to do the weaving program I have on my TM! I found a wonderful online MLS program that I could maybe consider next year too! I put a deposit on dd1's homeschool/school program today and Rowan told me she is excited about going to preschool next year.

On the down side there was some more "sneaky" behavior from dd1 (not exactly a lie, but a real evasion type thing). I know it's a normal stage, but sneaky really bothers me. It's just something that really bugs me. If you feel you're in the right, just do it! Don't waffle or sneak or weasle around. I think it comes from the fact that I did the whole sneaky thing for so long and catered to everyone else... so now i feel like it's just soul crushing to sneak/lie/cheat. You have to be true to yourself and have the courage of your convictions. Ok, ok, I know you have to learn this sort of thing on your own, and it's a classic mama moment to want to protect your child from the painful process of learning something you already know.... but there it is. I'm the mama. And I want her to understand why it's hurtful to herself to lie!

On the up side though, the chickens are getting bigger. There's the MLS waiting. DH and I joined ADF (!). I have a 6 pack of yummy Edmund Fitzgerald beer in the fridge. We have decided we will do Pennsic. The weekend is here with time to work on the house (ok, that's more of a sigh). And today was. not. yesterday. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#254 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 03:02 AM

Dh and all the kids are asleep, I'm out on the porch with my laptop, and citronella candle burning in the dark, having finished my ritual. Just thought I'd check in with you all. (I know that's not right. Y'all? I can't remember the correct usage...)

I'm feeling a high because earlier this evening I finally got a couple of friends who've been having communication problems where I volunteer together for a nice dinner, rifts are healed, stress released, productive communication occurred, plans were made for the future.....a victory for the images of reconciliation on my TM! And I didn't end up using my gift card to pay for their dinner after all (that was my lure to get them out) since I was treated in the end for setting the dinner up. I feel like celebrating -- this gives me hope that I can maybe go back to some occasions in the past where communication with friends/family failed in a more painful, personal-to-me way and make it right.

So my ritual felt really good too. Started as the sky got dark -- I cannot see sunsets from my yard at all, unfortunately. Sent energy to all of you releasing what you don't need under your moondark skies (and in your living rooms and showers, too!)

Made it up as I went along -- wrote a bunch of stuff I want to let go of in fine-point sharpie all over a tea light candle, burned the candle, said my piece about letting go, smudged it with burning rue and lavender (picked on impulse from the herb box), put it out with water, and on another impulse, ran in to get a knife to chop the rest of the candle up into bits and dumped it in the trash.

I never thought I'd say this in a million years, because (no offense meant) I've personally always found the idea and word pretentious , but I think I might need an athame Or is an athame something you don't use to cut anything tangible? I'm not quite there yet, if so, but I think I need to pick out the right kitchen knife and keep it handy for occasions like this.

Oh, what a beautiful night. I wish I could go for a walk, but don't feel quite safe enough to do so on my own, unfortunately. I am going to do a new moon attraction ritual sometime tomorrow evening or maybe Sunday, but for now --just enjoying the darkened sky.

Autumn, is the yarn for your nipple acrylic or natural fibre? Could you tea dye it a bit to make it more brownish?

Cari, exploding glasses? Definitely time for a hot posh coffee. I hope you feel better soon!

Clay, I have never tried an Edgar Fitzgerald beer. What are they like? I have never heard of Pensic before, either, but it sounds wonderful. I'm glad you're going, because I want to hear all about it. My dd wants to be a woman warrior; she'd love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
On the down side there was some more "sneaky" behavior from dd1 (not exactly a lie, but a real evasion type thing). I know it's a normal stage, but sneaky really bothers me. It's just something that really bugs me. If you feel you're in the right, just do it! Don't waffle or sneak or weasle around. I think it comes from the fact that I did the whole sneaky thing for so long and catered to everyone else... so now i feel like it's just soul crushing to sneak/lie/cheat. You have to be true to yourself and have the courage of your convictions.
I have known quite a few preschoolers and I know what you mean about evasion/sneakiness being frustrating. I used to waffle, sneak and weasle about with the best of them too, in my preschool/elementary years I think. I don't feel like I was grown-up enough or developmentally ready enough to even *have* convictions to have the courage of until I was quite a bit older than five or six ... and adults with strong verbal skills and grownup knowledge of the world questioning one -- what else was there to do but evade and hope one didn't get caught out?

I've known children with more "character" and self-posession at that age too -- I don't know what the difference is - something to do with introversion versus extroversion maybe? The ones who waffle (me too) were often much quieter generally?

Hooray for you, anyway, for giving your dd the knowledge that what she did was not acceptable and for supporting her in making and delivering and apology. That was well done.
#255 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 09:43 AM

I just want to tell everyone that I look forward to coming on here every morning and reading posts from my pagan mama friends. I sit with a cup of tea and it almost feels as though we are all sitting in a circle and chatting with each other. I love it!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#256 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Autumn, is the yarn for your nipple acrylic or natural fibre? Could you tea dye it a bit to make it more brownish?

oh my goodness! that's it! That should be perfect. Yes, the breast is wool, so I should be able to tea dye it just enough to brown up the nipple! Awesome!!!

: Now there is something I'd never thought I'd say!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#257 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I just want to tell everyone that I look forward to coming on here every morning and reading posts from my pagan mama friends. I sit with a cup of tea and it almost feels as though we are all sitting in a circle and chatting with each other. I love it!
Me too! I'm here with my cuppa coffee and just smiling as I read

#258 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
AND my glasses just exploded... I was putting them on and a lens just shot across the room

I think this calls for a posh (hot) coffee.

Sorry, that just struck a funny note. What a visual!

And...everything calls for a posh coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I threatened to eat my children tonight. I told them that's how the baby got in my stomach. It drove me nuts so I ate it. They're behaving quite nicely at the moment

Too bad my ds knows how babies really get in there. Dang. I would love to use this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Thanks for the love and support... we made it through yesterday and today was much better.

Simple, easy, and as little stress as possible.
Can't get any better, huh? Yay for you that you got through it.

New thread topic: how do y'all (yes, it's "y'all"-- "you all" is northernspeak for "y'all" ) deal with kids lying? How do you explain to them, or try to get across, why it's bad? Mine didn't get why it's a bad thing, and all of a sudden I was backed into this corner of trying to explain something rather existential to a preschooler
And what do you do for consequences?

Quote:

Mamas, I'm having a real (moral? ethical? behavioral? um...love?) dilemma. M went and got drunk yesterday. He fessed up to it, in the middle of it, so he's getting honest, but it was too late for him not to drink, by that point.

It's only been eleven days since he was handed a death sentence/reprieve (depends on your POV, I guess) by the doctor about drinking.

My dilemma is this: I can't sit by and watch him kill himself. Which he will. His pancreas is "only" inflamed; it's not pancreatitis. Yet.
But I can't be without him, either.
And being an alkie myself, I know what good (NOT) threats and ultimatums are.
Gawd.
I spent last night crying, praying, and feeling generally hopeless and helpless, by turns.
What in the world am I going to do??
There is nothing I can do. I love him. I love him. He loves me. Alcohol is stronger. F*ck.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#259 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Maia- I cared about an alcoholic once. He couldn't control himself. I don't think he was quite ready and willing to control himself. He just couldn't manage to quit drinking. Although I loved him, I knew that I couldn't do that to myself. I knew that it wasn't a life I wanted for myself. Honestly, I felt like I just couldn't wait around for yet another man to become 'fixed'.
As heartbreaking as it was, I walked away. I gave him so many chances. I tried to be supportive. Nothing worked.
It was so hard to do, but I did it for myself.

Now, I'm not saying that you have to do what I did. My situation was different from yours. I'm not an alcoholic myself, nor did I have a child then.
I just want you to know that I understand how heartbreaking it is to watch someone you love destroy themselves.

#260 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I just want you to know that I understand how heartbreaking it is to watch someone you love destroy themselves.
I know-- I said that. I wonder what karmic crud I'm reaping because of my own behavior-- but I also wonder why it's taken nearly 16 years of sobriety for me to reap it.

Do y'all suppose that's what's happening? I can't even begin to imagine the wreckage I left in my wake. How my parents must have lain awake at night, wondering when they'd get The Call.

Gawd, I'm so filled with remorse and sorrow. Regret for my own past, and unbearable heartbreak for M, and for us.
I'm so upset I can't see straight.

#261 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 11:33 AM

Maia

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#262 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
I know-- I said that. I wonder what karmic shit I'm reaping because of my own behavior-- but I also wonder why it's taken nearly 16 years of sobriety for me to reap it.

Do y'all suppose that's what's happening? I can't even begin to imagine the wreckage I left in my wake. How my parents must have lain awake at night, wondering when they'd get The Call.

Gawd, I'm so filled with remorse and sorrow. Regret for my own past, and unbearable heartbreak for M, and for us.
I'm so upset I can't see straight.
Oh Hon, breath. There is time to know. My first marriage was to an alkie/addict, so I too know the heartache. I was very young, immature, scared and full of threats and ultimatums. You are very wise and are doing everything on your end that you can do, but as you know, his stuff is up to him. I am so sorry for your worry and pain. I hope, hope, hope this is the time in his life to get it.

Well, no ritual last night. 6 yo DD had a stomach flu come on. I did spend some time meditating and felt too scattered to focus on exactly what I wanted to let go of...maybe I should have chosen ambivalence. Sheesh! I'm going to try to ponder a little more today while I'm weeding.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#263 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Oh, Maia -- I'm so sorry

ETA ok, "y'all" , gotta write that down

And still smiling over your comments, DoK and ktg, as I drink my coffee.

And how is your ds today, femme rouge?

And, Autumn, have fun tea dying that boob, eh?
#264 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 01:09 PM

I'm so bored today. Everyone I know (in real life) is out and about with their family.

I guess I'm going to be forced into cleaning my house. It really does need it. Oh how I wish I had a housekeeper.

#265 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Oh, Maia -- I'm so sorry

ETA ok, "y'all" , gotta write that down

And still smiling over your comments, DoK and ktg, as I drink my coffee.

And how is your ds today, femme rouge?

And, Autumn, have fun tea dying that boob, eh?
We're working on DD being able to keep down an ice cube right now. Thanks for asking. She's a real trooper.

I enjoyed reading about your ritual. Thanks for sharing it. How are you feeling today? I think I'll take a moment while I'm laying here with DD to think of a simple new moon attraction ritual.

DoK-I would love to have a housekeeper. It is not in my nature to be clean and tidy. I have better things to do. Our plans are canceled today due to illness. So, the weeds are calling my name...another one of my favorite things to do...NOT. Love to garden-like plant and tend the plants though. Hope your day gets less boring.

#266 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 02:18 PM

Maia, I am so sorry. This whole thing reminds me of another alcoholic I know, though not well. She's the mother of one of my closest friends, and she too has leukemia. Her husband died of cirrhosis from drinking; it was the doctor's fault he died, according to her. She stopped drinking when she had her diagnosis (the same time her husband was diagnosed with cirrhosis--10 years ago), and had to have a marrow transplant. Her family all thought that she would be done for good. Eventually she started again, and has had many other scares since then. Unfortunately, her family is less than helpful and blames my friend for it all. So even with the chronic leaukemia and gods know what else, and a dead husband from drinking, she still doesn't get it. I don't know if she ever will.

I also have a cousin who is a heroin addict. He lost his job, his marriage, has been in jail multiple times, etc. And he still relapses about once a year or so. I think it's partly because of where he is, and that he knows where he can get his fix far too easily. He's a wonderful caring man, but damn it, no matter how much money his parents have spent on the multiple stints in rehab, he cannot get clean permanantly.

I hope that is not the case with M, but for your sake, something's got to give.

#267 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 02:20 PM

Back from the Farmer's market & the grocery store! Whirlwind experience, but got to :bump into old friends and some of the kiddos friends too.

I got my first ever doz of farm fresh eggs (organic & pastured), and I feel so oooh-lala about them.

Love everyone's rituals - I ended up lighting some tea candles (3) to release all the fear I have of change and to light my way forward. Fear of change, Fear of the Spirit & fear of finding/knowing my true self. As I started to invoke - it was cool as the fireflies in the area started to light up, and afterwards a bit of rain. DH was not exactly happy as I left the candles burning on the table after accidentally falling asleep with the boys.

Maia - ahh I have not had to deal with that yet, we have "fibbing" or the lesser evil of lying. both Dh & I don't tolerate it and its totally obvious when he does fib or lie. Typically we say lying is not very nice as it might hurt someone's feelings and being honest is the best, well at least for his 4 y.o life

I have no words for what's M's doing just for you and lots and lots of support and strength. I do think love is stronger, but it has to come from one's own self to conquer those demons.

DOK - I would love a housekeeper too, my floors are a mess (when I'm barefoot it totally looks like I've been outside instead of inside) and wow laundry, the kitchen hmmm ... it looks like more chores for today...*le sigh*

#268 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 03:36 PM

Maia- I'm so sorry sweetie. I wish I had any ideas that could help. But I personally don't feel like karma works on a "pay back" system. You mess up, you live in a mess. It's sort of immediate? But I don't think you mess up, and then fix things, and then down the road you get smacked. Maybe instead your experience gives you extra insight that can help you here? Tap, breath, meditate... ask for clarity. There must be a reason, some gift of experience or future knowledge, that will come from this.

lying- well, it's what I'm trying to figure out myself. Lying makes me cringe so it's a toughie for me. Given that dd1 is 5yo, my explaination was more of an analogy. Basically that when you break something, it's your job to try and fix it (by telling someone about the broken thing, bringing the broken thing to an adult, whatever). But if you lie and hide the broken thing then it can't be fixed, and by the time someone else finds it it may be too late to fix. So while you might be able to help fix whatever you broke, if you lie about it you'll hurt yourself and others because there will be this broken thing...

I know, not the best analogy. But I didn't have anything planned! I should have, but I didn't. Mostly I wanted to explain that a lie hurts people... doing something wrong means having to fix whatever it is, but a lie about it HURTS. And it hurts the person lying as well as the person lied to. In this case I was able to point out that her teacher will have to go with her to the bathroom (the "big kids" can go on their own) now so dd1 has lost some responsibility, and her teacher can't help as many kiddos since she needs to be with dd1. Stuff like that... so it was more concrete and not just some sort of "good ethics" idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edmund Fitzgerald... it's a nice dark porter by the Great Lakes Brewing Company. I like the taste, and it's fun to say "lets get wrecked on the Edmund Fitzgerald!" (not that we do, but it's fun to say ). The Edmund Fitzgerald is a famous ship wreck so, um, yeah. Bad pun. It's often on sale at our Wegmans so while it's certainly more than the mass market beers it's more affordable than the other craft brews. And there's that pun....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have given up the potty learning attempt... dd2 has a UTI. She wouldn't wear the training undies, refused to sit on the potty, and basically would hold till she popped. She didn't want to put diapers back on but I simply couldn't keep cleaning up the puddles and her fever/itchy/burning confirms the UTI sooooooo.... sigh.

On the up side, Tor's last oozy pox is scabbed over so we're no longer housebound!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any ideas on easy peasy children's garb for Pennsic? I'm going to butcher some thrift store pillow cases into tiny surcoates/tunics, but the girls are going to want some 'fancy" in there!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#269 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
We're working on DD being able to keep down an ice cube right now. Thanks for asking. She's a real trooper.

I enjoyed reading about your ritual. Thanks for sharing it. How are you feeling today? I think I'll take a moment while I'm laying here with DD to think of a simple new moon attraction ritual.
Oh, how did I misremember that it was your ds that was ill? Sorry! I'm sorry your dd is still not recovered, wishing her quick improvement, and hoping your ds doesn't get it!

I'm feeling pretty good today. More background: I have some um - let's say, nostalgia - for my first boyfriend. I was the one who broke it off, and I'm very sure I would not have been happy with him long-term, so this puzzles me. I've recently, after a couple decades of worrying about this, realized that I'm not missing him as himself but something he symbolizes for me about my romantic/emotional self. I was reading Phyllis Curott yesterday about the image of James Dean as her daemon lover and nodding a lot, haven't sorted it all out, but I think her ideas are helpful to me in thinking about my stuff.

SO I had a dream last night that I was in my empty living room (where I keep my library) no books, no ideas , just a couch -- must have let go of a *lot* in that ritual Old bf was there. The dream went lucid so I asked what he had to tell me, and he told me I should just read the letter. I looked and had a letter in my hand from him that I'd had for a while and never read. I opened it, and on dark blue construction paper (third eye chakra colored) was a marriage proposal. I spent the rest of the dream trying to choose between marrying ex-bf and another person -- not my dh, seemed to be someone I knew briefly in old-bf-days but had rejected having a relationship with. I don't think the dream was really about love or marriage - didn't have the right emotions and it would have been set in the bedroom, if so, I think. Definitely, ex-bf was the more appealing choice in the dream context.

I remember dispassionately weighing the fact that the offspring of a union with ex bf would be strong, would be at home in the woods, but would have bad eyesight (perception?) while the offspring of my other choice would not be as strong and healthy, but would be more clever and verbal and have good eyes..... Oh this has to be about chakras, somehow! Choosing between higher and lower paths?

witchygrrl about your friend's mother and your cousin. They sound like difficult people to care for. And wishing both your dh and unschoolin luck for those job interviews, btw!

I've never seen fireflies, ktg. Sounds magical, but I'm sorry you forgot the candles and got scolded! I basically found myself releasing everything that stands in the way of my treasure map coming true, along with some specific small things. Fear was a big part of it.
#270 of 727 Old 06-12-2010, 04:04 PM

I had to make my ritual brief last night. But I did manage to do one. Thankfully. I am having a really rough day today. I am really snappy with my kids and DD7mo. has been especially clingy and crying most of the day. She must be teething or something. Right now the Tylenol must have kicked in because she's playing peacefully with DD4. DD2 is on my arm waiting for me to fill her sippy cup up. We are having a somewhat lazy day because I am just in a bad mood. And I can't seem to shake it.

What is Pensic? Is it a place, or a gathering of some sorts? I've never heard of it either.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page