~*~June Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas.. it's JUNE!

Today was our first day of winter (as I shared on fb it was 70F with a low of about 43F) Some winter eh? Won't get a great deal colder than that at all for us... down to about 60 on our coolest days... and a few degrees colder at night, with the odd really chilly night dipping to 3-4F.

I'm sure it's feeling rather summery for most of y'all so I thought I'd share a few cool breezes from down under

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#2 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 AM

That's about like my weather here, now Cari.

This month kick's off our busy summer. This June we have 7 birthdays (family or close friends) I'll run a marathon, and there's Father's day, and the Solstice.
This weekend I didn't go online at all. But dh and I did get more home projects done. We stained the concrete patio outside and I washed windows. Cleaning the windows has been on my list for many moons.
#3 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 11:30 AM

It's June!!!

I rather like June, probably A) my allergies die down a bit, B) it's my birthday month & C) school gets out so mornings are a bit less, um hectic.

Hope everyone is well.

I am having a meh day. My body can't decide it's sick or not, been on the edge for a week or so and getting tired of feeling just a bit off but not really sick either. You know?

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#4 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 AM

June.....I want to love June...I love the long days but hate the sweltering humidity that pops in and out only to stay for July and hate that the mosquitoes are now out in full force meaning you get munched on day and night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
How do they test for that? Someone mentioned that I may have it but I never got the chance to ask more.
I did a 24 hour saliva test...it is supposed to be the best test for accurately measuring your cortisol levels as you collect at different points throughout the day. My doctor ordered it but there are some available that you can order yourself if you cant find a doctor willing to do it (I go to a homeopathic doctor who has a naturopath and two nurse practitioners working for him)

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#5 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Hey mamas.. it's JUNE!

Today was our first day of winter (as I shared on fb it was 70F with a low of about 43F) Some winter eh? Won't get a great deal colder than that at all for us... down to about 60 on our coolest days... and a few degrees colder at night, with the odd really chilly night dipping to 3-4F.

I'm sure it's feeling rather summery for most of y'all so I thought I'd share a few cool breezes from down under
Oh, 70's sounds delightful. It's going to hit 100 this week here in tx, and was fully in the upper 90's last week. oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
That's about like my weather here, now Cari.

This month kick's off our busy summer. This June we have 7 birthdays (family or close friends) I'll run a marathon, and there's Father's day, and the Solstice.
This weekend I didn't go online at all. But dh and I did get more home projects done. We stained the concrete patio outside and I washed windows. Cleaning the windows has been on my list for many moons.
What a busy month you have planned! Yay for cleaning, I love that stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
It's June!!!

I rather like June, probably A) my allergies die down a bit, B) it's my birthday month & C) school gets out so mornings are a bit less, um hectic.

Hope everyone is well.

I am having a meh day. My body can't decide it's sick or not, been on the edge for a week or so and getting tired of feeling just a bit off but not really sick either. You know?
My allergies have been worse. glad yours die down this month!
And, the meh, sortof sickie feeling is what I suffer from with allergies sometimes. When Iget like that, I wish I would just GET sick so I can sit at home and get over it.

Can't believe I basically kept up with last month's thread.

Getting my hair done today. A trim and going way blonde. I took a break from coloring my hair for a couple years and then went back with cobalt blue streaks a couple months ago. Was so fun, but now that I have to work more sedate jobs I can't do the crazy. Was going to do WHITE white, but I am just going to go super champagne instead. Summer fun things! If we have time dd will trim her hair and get more hot pink put in. (I have a good longtime friend that does our hair, btw. I am not magically able to afford long days at hair salons, lol)

What's everyones Solstice plans? I will still be in Puerto Vallarte. So may not do anything special til I get home.

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#6 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 12:39 PM

subbing

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#7 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 01:06 PM

I can't believe its June already....wow. This year is going by way to fast.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#8 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 01:21 PM

June... busy month!

This Friday will be a very full day! It's our annual End-of-the Year HS picnic with cooperative olympiads(till 4 - one hour drive from home), I have my last Yoga class(at 4:45 - 20 minutes from home on the other side, supposed to end at 6) and we got a call last night announcing that DH will receive his Firefighter certificate on Friday night! (at 7) I'll probably leave the kids at the picnic for DH to pick-up after work and will make sure to leave the class on time to be able to refresh myself a little before attending the ceremony.

There was not enough rain to make a difference... I sure hope people wake up and start respecting the Earth (and the open fire interdiction).

Valérie   
#9 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM

hey ladies. lurking again. lol.

this month is my son's bday. the 21st. my solstice baby. he will be 15.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#10 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 02:39 PM

subbing, and need to catch up on everything once I get this project done (today!!) !

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#11 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 02:42 PM

geeze. i forgot it was june. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#12 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM

June already?

I dealt with some very ignorant people today at the store. They laughed at my hair, then laughed at dd's hair, then laughed at my ds's hair. Dh went to his interview and they LOVED him. There are only 10 open spots. So we'll know by Thursday or Friday if he is in.

Tomorrow is the first ultrasound and we'll finally see the baby. After that I have to head for bloodwork and my 1 hour GTT. After that, I don't know. Last night was awful for me. I ate a hotdog and it decided it didn't want to be apart of my body so I puked. I haven't had issues until I ate that.

This morning I woke up and went to take a shower. The heat from the shower with the combo of not having food in me or anything to drink and I blacked out. Never have before.

I'm still not feeling well, but it's slowly getting better.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#13 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 PM

are you getting enough protein?? I'm worried about you taking a GTT if you're passing out. Talk to your midwife about other options. There are meal plans, where you can test your sugar at home every few hours. They're not only a little more convenient, but better for you. That glucola is icky!

If you do the glucola, take someone to drive for you.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#14 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 PM

I thought I was. I tried not to take my twice a day dose of iron yesterday and that's when I got sick.

My midwife wants me to eat a high protein snack before my GTT. I wish someone could take me. Dh is coming with me with the kids, but he doesn't know how to drive so I'm usually the one that takes myself places.

I should be okay as long as I eat something. Though if the kids aren't in the mood to wake up that early to go with me, then I'll be going alone.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#15 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 PM

Even if he can't drive, he should go with you, in the 'worst case' he can stop the car.

#16 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

Quick question: In your experience, can hives and fever be correlated? DS woke up at 2 am with a really hot fever (I didn't check actual temp). I gave him some Tylenol since he wasn't going back to sleep after an hour and no cooling. I checked him again at 9 am and we was really hot again - checked and 102.5 in the ear. He also slept nearly 3 hours later than normal - and he's taking a really good nap now. The only other symptom he has had was a hive last night - covered his chin and much of his neck. It was warm to the touch, but didn't itch or bother him much. He's been perky otherwise. He only had food yesterday that he has had dozens of times. He played mostly in our yard - but was rolling in grass (aka mostly dandelions & clover) for the first time this year.

In related news it June!!! (related due to the green "grass")

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#17 of 727 Old 06-01-2010, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
It's June!!!
I know! for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
geeze. i forgot it was june. lol

h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
are you getting enough protein?? I'm worried about you taking a GTT if you're passing out. Talk to your midwife about other options. There are meal plans, where you can test your sugar at home every few hours. They're not only a little more convenient, but better for you. That glucola is icky!

If you do the glucola, take someone to drive for you.
I was a horrible fainter with Connor... I did NOT do well with that stupid test, even the one hour one.

***coming over from the May thread ***
Quote:
i have been realizing that i have not really been living my most authentic life. i have been trying to live someone else's life. i tend to read blogs and i sometimes forget that alot of those blogs people just don't give 100% true face to the trials of their lives.
I totally know what you mean. It's SO easy to get sucked in to trying to live up to those perfect ideals that seem to be embodied on those blogs. I try really hard to remember that they have crappy days too, and that my life is just as valid & valuable as theirs

Mamas.. I got an email from my ex.. he's getting my 17yo's passport applied for NOW! Then we have to start work on the migrant visa.. and he's more than willing to go halves on the whole thing (which is good, as the visa itself is 1705$$$$) He said he hated to ask me to go in halves but it'd be too hard for them to come up with that much without making D wait for ages Um.. WOW!?! So I'm going to attempt to call them today, providign their voip is in a good mood and discuss it with the two of them.

I'm off to clean some house while I set the boys up on reading eggs & such for a bit

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#18 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 09:11 AM

Liza- they could be related, isn't there a common childhood disease that has rash and fever? Sadly, I can no longer remember. Does hand foot and mouth sound possible? My girls had a rash and high fever with it. Hope ds is feeling better!

Unschoolin- glucose stuff is just crap and the test isn't always reliable, so I hope it goes well for you.

Cari- woot! That would be so awesome having your ds with you and your boys. Speaking of ds- how is J doing?

Been semi-offline while I get caught up from the wedding. My allergies are kinda of yucky, so I have been avoiding life.

We have our homeschool picnic tonight and i need to bring a dish to pass. Any thoughts? Maybe a brown rice casserole?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#19 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
hey ladies. lurking again. lol.

this month is my son's bday. the 21st. my solstice baby. he will be 15.
Aw. Early happy bday to your ds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I thought I was. I tried not to take my twice a day dose of iron yesterday and that's when I got sick.

My midwife wants me to eat a high protein snack before my GTT. I wish someone could take me. Dh is coming with me with the kids, but he doesn't know how to drive so I'm usually the one that takes myself places.

I should be okay as long as I eat something. Though if the kids aren't in the mood to wake up that early to go with me, then I'll be going alone.
I hate that test, and refused it with my 2nd and 3rd babies. Rebel that I am. I also avoided soda, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
Quick question: In your experience, can hives and fever be correlated? DS woke up at 2 am with a really hot fever (I didn't check actual temp). I gave him some Tylenol since he wasn't going back to sleep after an hour and no cooling. I checked him again at 9 am and we was really hot again - checked and 102.5 in the ear. He also slept nearly 3 hours later than normal - and he's taking a really good nap now. The only other symptom he has had was a hive last night - covered his chin and much of his neck. It was warm to the touch, but didn't itch or bother him much. He's been perky otherwise. He only had food yesterday that he has had dozens of times. He played mostly in our yard - but was rolling in grass (aka mostly dandelions & clover) for the first time this year.

In related news it June!!! (related due to the green "grass")
Fifths Disease? Really common, most everyone has had it, even if they don't remember. My dd I know for sure had it, not sure about the boys. She got a flushed rash on the lower part of one cheek, along with a fever. It's no big deal, though. Just freaky looking.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infecti...ral/fifth.html

Quote:

Mamas.. I got an email from my ex.. he's getting my 17yo's passport applied for NOW! Then we have to start work on the migrant visa.. and he's more than willing to go halves on the whole thing (which is good, as the visa itself is 1705$$$$) He said he hated to ask me to go in halves but it'd be too hard for them to come up with that much without making D wait for ages Um.. WOW!?! So I'm going to attempt to call them today, providign their voip is in a good mood and discuss it with the two of them.

I'm off to clean some house while I set the boys up on reading eggs & such for a bit
Wow! How is you ds? Will this be a long visit or is he planning on staying with you all indefinitely? Yay!
Also, yay for a cleany time with boys on computer. I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

We have our homeschool picnic tonight and i need to bring a dish to pass. Any thoughts? Maybe a brown rice casserole?
I bring this one dish (well, did, before I went grain free. Now I bring deviled eggs, cheese, fruit and veg) anyway, I bring this one dish to many gatherings, because it's super easy and tasty and can be made vegan, and pretty allergen free.

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9903?section=

Unschoolin- why on earth would someone laugh at your hair? How rude and hurtful!

Today I will be getting big kids to visitation and then Bodhi and I will be cooking and cleaning allll day long. Yay for us! I will try to not be too distracted by the book I'm reading "Thornyhold" but sigh, I might take tea breaks...

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#20 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 AM

That Quinoa salad look good!

May your testing goes smoothly unschoolingmom!

We had a car fire near our house last night... lots of noise and smoke... took one hour for the firefighters to finish their job, then one more hour at the station to get the trucks ready for next call... DH came home at 11pm... couldn't sleep till early this morning because of the adrenalin rush... if you could send him some energy today, it would be very appreciated!

The fire risk index have been lowered in our area!!! From extreme, we are now at the limit of moderate to high.

Valérie   
#21 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 AM

That's great news Cari!

unchoolin', I had to take the GTT twice, as I have a family history, but I passed both times. I thought it was inane. I guess there's a version where you can eat jelly beans instead of the glucola. Would your midwife be into that?

I've just been reading here without updating. But I've been busy gettng ready for my cousin's wedding on Sunday (I'm in it, as is my DD), and we had taken a 3 day weekend to VT. That was some much needed r and r, I tell ya. If you're on my FB, there's pictures that I'll post today.

Come ponder with me about food!
#22 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 11:31 AM

my mom called yesterday... she wanted to know which high school dd had decided on. i tell her which one and she say "ooooh." so i am like what? is it a bad school. (we lived in tucson, so i ahve no idea what schools are good or bad in phoenix area. although az is 47 out of 50 in crap education. lol) she says.. "well it is a public school so there will be mexicans there." whaaa? is that an issue? of coarse there will be latino students. there will also be NA, AA, Asians, etc. i mean we are living in the whitest state in america right now (which is a negative if you ask me) but we did live in AZ for 23 years for goodness sake. why is my mom such a racist? so frustrating, i swear she was not like this when i was growing up.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#23 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 11:35 AM

unschoolin'- I hope you feel better today s

Cari- That's exciting fingers crossed for ease of paperwork.

Millie Ivy- thanks for posting that quinoa recipe, it looks delicious

lisa-z- Fifth's disease is quite common. I think hives can be too. How is he this morning?

Valerie- Wow, Fri is gonna be a busy day. Have fun!

I started a solar infusion of comfrey, calendula, and chamomile a few days ago, so I can make more comfrey salve. I made some 2 years ago and it worked so well. Last time I made it, I simmered the herbs in EVOO on the stove, but this time I'm letting it sit and infuse naturally, for 6 weeks. I can't wait. It's probably my most used medicinal item. When this batch is done, I am going to keep a little container of it with me in my bag- I really would have liked to have had some with me last Sunday when Eden got scraped up playing basketball.

beaders- check this out: http://www.beadbabe.com/group/2083/ It looks like the store is closing and there's some good deals. There are also some pewter goddess charms.
#24 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 12:15 PM

Got pics of the baby!! S/he would not stay still for the tech to the point she could barely get a heart rate. She did finally and it was 160bpm.

I'm not going to do the GTT until Friday. I have to mail off some diapers today.

Pics are on FB.

#25 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 03:37 PM

Mmmm Quinoa salad... I have all the ingredients I need for my version. Wonder if hubby is sick of it yet. He doesn't have to eat it.

Hugs to you all. I don't comment often cuz I read on the fly at work but I think of you.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#26 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM

Wow, I'm slacking. I knew it was June. But it didn't occur to me when posting on the May thread. Duh. I kept wondering where everyone was.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#27 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM

Mmmmmm.... quinoa salad! I'm bringing "roll your own sushi" to a potluck (we do cucumber, avocado, carrot as filler with a little pickled ginger and sesame so it's fairly neutral) and need to get the last few things tomorrow.

I also found out I'm "it" in terms of representing ICAN in a parade. It's tomorrow night and I've got to make all the banners, posters, etc and there may only be one other person walking in the ICAN section so.... ummmm!

Yay for blonde hair... I've been thinking I might add some blue or purple to my hair, not sure... I used to use the purplesaurous rex koolaid but somehow that doesn't seem very "adult".

Count me in the "totally forgot it was June" group... thanks to the holiday weekend I'm just totally off!

Maia- repreive... that M doesn't have the full on knock down drag out pancreatitis but instead an early stage where you can be proactive and prevent it getting worse. And I'll go look the three year old book. DD1 did the "terrible two" but was a pretty mellow three. DD2 was intense at 2, but actually less difficult that she was before since she was more vocal/we were getting appropriate therapy. But if this past week is any indication... the post-pox 3yo is gonna take the world be storm!

Unschoolin- yay for happy babies, boo for blood sugar weirdness. I hope the GTT goes smoothly and without stomach upset. I honestly never minded the glucola... it tasted nasty, but never as bad as I expected (I don't drink soda so maybe it doesn't taste so bad since I don't have a "better" taste in mind?) and despite a lifetime of blood sugar wonkiness I never got sick from the glucola. Not that that helps you, I know. Fingers crossed it goes well!

I was going to suggest fifths as well... the rash is mostly confined to the face (like you've been slapped according to some descriptions). Something like roseola (also really fcommon, fever followed by rash) is more of a "whole body" rash.

I got munched by mosquitos the other night. I suppose it's good that the chicken pox left me the proud owner of many different itch creams and soothing lotions, but this is crazy. I have maybe 20-30 bites on my arms, more on my legs and back. The girls have 5-6 each, Tor has three, DH has a dozen or so, but me? Open season apparently!

I know I'm missing stuff, so hugs and hoola hoops of hope to all!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#28 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 PM

I also spaced it was June. Our rainy weather is so weird here it feels like fall. So strange. We already have a short summer here, so I'm not sure what will happen with the garden this season. I was able to get a lot of needed organizing and cleaning done today, made sour dough bread and honey tangerine muffins. Now I'm vegging a little, DP's taking a power nap, and the kiddos are nekked coloring themselves as various wild animals.

Happy Hump Day

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#29 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 PM

Maia & DoK, I know several people who went through the Connector, and they don't pay anything for their insurance because their incomes are so miniscule. This is why I was confused why M can't get insurance, honestly, Maia.

Also, re: RX. That's cool that your DS would like to get off his meds. I hope that works out! But I wanted to tell you that I also get my RX through RiteAid's program, and it's cheaper than my insurance. It's something like $8.99 for generic and $16.99 for brand name...works for me!

Come ponder with me about food!
#30 of 727 Old 06-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Ivy View Post
Getting my hair done today. A trim and going way blonde. I took a break from coloring my hair for a couple years and then went back with cobalt blue streaks a couple months ago. Was so fun, but now that I have to work more sedate jobs I can't do the crazy. Was going to do WHITE white, but I am just going to go super champagne instead.

What's everyones Solstice plans?
Dunno for Solstice, this will be our first year in 10 that we aren't going to PSG. I'm going to go to (and probably help with) the local public ritual and potluck, but aside from that, I don't know. I would love to have a bonfire and cookout at my own house, but probably won't.

Hair: Back in the (old punk) days, I had white-white hair. Everybody else had black, so I had white
If you go to my MySpace page, I think I still have a pic on there from back then: www.myspace.com/pbtiger and here is our band page: www.myspace.com/theunsoundofsyracuse with music and everything

Quote:
Mamas.. I got an email from my ex.. he's getting my 17yo's passport applied for NOW!

That is so awesome about the visa!! um...how does one read eggs?? It must be an Aussie thing...you say the strangest things, Cari

Quote:
she says.. "well it is a public school so there will be mexicans there." whaaa? is that an issue? of coarse there will be latino students. there will also be NA, AA, Asians, etc......why is my mom such a racist?
Must be age or something. M is the same way. I wonder if it's really like that where he lives (that races make a difference in the kind of area it is, re: violence and etc) or if it's just him. He's got grown kids so I wonder how much he can really know about the public school system, kwim? All he has to rely on is the news. I'm like...I think it'd be a good thing for my ds to be in a more racially diverse situation than he is now, or than I had growing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
I started a solar infusion of comfrey, calendula, and chamomile a few days ago, so I can make more comfrey salve.
I am thinking of salves lately...funny you should mention. I've only made one: plantain, and it's wonderful and there's LOTS of it, but I want to make one just for dry skin. Does plantain work for that? Or is it pretty much just for healing? What do you think? Should I make one of just coconut oil and beeswax and yummy-smelling oils? Or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Wow, I'm slacking. I knew it was June. But it didn't occur to me when posting on the May thread. Duh. I kept wondering where everyone was.
Right? Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I'm bringing "roll your own sushi" to a potluck (we do cucumber, avocado, carrot as filler with a little pickled ginger and sesame so it's fairly neutral) and need to get the last few things tomorrow.
Mmm, sushi...but it's so labor intensive! Do people seem to mind that, at a potluck? I do mine the same way, but haven't had the ginger or sesame. What sesame? What do you do with it?

Quote:
Yay for blonde hair... I've been thinking I might add some blue or purple to my hair, not sure... I used to use the purplesaurous rex koolaid but somehow that doesn't seem very "adult".
M is so damn conventional...he has minor issues with the two tiny dreads I have. He thinks I am too old to pierce my eyebrow or put more holes in my ears. Or have tatts where people can see them (but he's very personal with those, so that may not be a "you're too old" issue). Grrr. I wonder what his town is like, or if it's just him. I'm way more unconventional than he is. And if I don't have a job, or a conventional one, who cares what I do with my body. I love the freedom that comes with age, and the not-give-a-shit bone. I'm piercing my dang ears more, so there :P And maybe sometime I still will get an eyebrow pierced.

Quote:
Maia- repreive... that M doesn't have the full on knock down drag out pancreatitis but instead an early stage where you can be proactive and prevent it getting worse.
Oh! Thanks! Yeah. Whew. Me too. Yes!!

Proactive...Ye Gods. Help. That's another whole thread. He is so frustrated, and I am too. He needs to boost nutrition, and he knows he needs to, and he absolutely refuses to eat at all, let alone stop eating the bad things he does eat, and will. not. try. anything. new at all. Especially vegetables.
In his favor, he has gotten a whole lot better since we've hooked back up, Srsly...white rice and canned veggies is a HUGE improvement over poptarts. But still. Yeek.

One example: he had these Banquet pot pies. His tiny freezer doesn't keep things frozen. He went through cooking this whole pot pie that apparently had thawed some. He thought it was gross, so he flushed it and had a cup of coffee and a cigarette for dinner and gave up on food altogether

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Maia & DoK, I know several people who went through the Connector, and they don't pay anything for their insurance because their incomes are so miniscule. This is why I was confused why M can't get insurance, honestly, Maia.

Also, re: RX. That's cool that your DS would like to get off his meds. I hope that works out! But I wanted to tell you that I also get my RX through RiteAid's program, and it's cheaper than my insurance. It's something like $8.99 for generic and $16.99 for brand name...works for me!
Tell me more? Srsly? What about that RiteAid thing...is that just MA? How do you get it?

Connector-- do you know how it works? M got turned down, he says, cause he makes too much money. He gets like $389/month from unemployment, just for himself.
But at least he got 20 weeks extension on that and he's been jamming on trying to get a job. He gets internet reconnected tomorrow morning (web cam! YAY! ) so he can send resumes from home now, instead of going to the library for hours a day.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page