~}{~July Pagan Circle~}{~ - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aweyn- Oh sweetie, sending lots of love to you! (me sending love) And much, much energy your way! I will light a candle for you tonight.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#482 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 06:05 PM

Since ds only eats a select few things, I'll just eat whatever for our celebration.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#483 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
and.... Torin is terrified of the sewing machine! Double ack!

I'm sorry, that just struck me hilarious. DS used to be terrified of the vacuum cleaner. I used to try to get him to ride on that, but you'd think I was trying to get him to ride on an alligator

Littles are such funny critters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
i think i will have corn at our celebration dinner too! maybe put in on the grill and have it with lime and salt! YUM!
Oooh, can you post recipe by tonight? I'd like to maybe try that! Lime, how interesting.
Tomorrow I won't have time to check the 'net before we cook, I don't think. If you can't, don't stress. We'll just do them the usual way and I'll try that maybe for Mabon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Since ds only eats a select few things, I'll just eat whatever for our celebration.
Whatever works, too
But DOK-- might I suggest you have something special that you like, anyway? You don't always have to eat the same things as Roo. I often make things only I like, while ds eats whatever

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#484 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 PM

I haven't figured out what to do! I'll have to do some research in Circle Round and pooka pages.

I had some shopping with the kids. We went to the Goodwill (love it) and got lots of stuff. Two bouncy balls with handles for the kids. Great for sensory stimulation. Two baby outfits, a baby gate, a baby play gym, two maternity pants, and a cat bowl all for $30!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#485 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
But DOK-- might I suggest you have something special that you like, anyway? You don't always have to eat the same things as Roo.
I hardly ever eat the same thing as my son. I don't want to make something special for myself. It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

#486 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
things have gotten royally ugly here. if there are any spare vibes, i'd sure lurve some....

<<hugs and vibes to all in need/want>>
Thinking about you, sending you tons of hugs and good vibes.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#487 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 09:19 PM

we are having pork too! lol gonna grill that as well.

maia: so i soak the corn (all shucked) in salty water (like a brine sort of) for at least one hour (but no more then four, otherwise it is too salty). then you can put it right on the grill. it only takes about 8 minutes or so and then you butter it and squeeze lime juice on it. it is really tasty. i also like lime on my watermelon... weird but it brings out the sweetness.

i am going to do a peach and raspberry short cake for dessert too. YUM! i am very excited about dinner tomorrow. lol my MIL will be over too. i love cooking for her, she loves to eat!

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#488 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
i am going to do a peach and raspberry short cake for dessert too.
Ok, maybe I'll make myself that dessert.
Any excuse for homemade, unsweetened whipped cream. Yum!

#489 of 507 Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
We went to the Goodwill (love it) and got lots of stuff. Two bouncy balls with handles for the kids. Great for sensory stimulation. Two baby outfits, a baby gate, a baby play gym, two maternity pants, and a cat bowl all for $30!
Nice score!

Quote:
I don't want to make something special for myself. It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort.
It is. You are Hey, even if it's drinking water from a wine goblet. Something special for you!

Quote:
maia: so i soak the corn (all shucked) in salty water (like a brine sort of) for at least one hour (but no more then four, otherwise it is too salty). then you can put it right on the grill. it only takes about 8 minutes or so and then you butter it and squeeze lime juice on it.
Now I feel silly. That is too easy! Might not be able to try it tomorrow, then. We'll be at the lake for more than 4 hours, including driving, and we'll be wanting to cook probably right away when we get home.

Lots of cam time with M tonight

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#490 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 10:21 AM

Getting ready to head to VT. Yay for Lughnasadh with in the ILs. :/ Ah well...we'll make it special for us when we get home, I hope.

Blessed be!

Come ponder with me about food!
#491 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 11:24 AM

Oh My dear Ladies, I need your love and support- can't get into detail but someone called CPS on us.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#492 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 AM

(((Karen)))

Valérie   
#493 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 12:07 PM

((((Karen))) I'm sending a lot of hugs and support your way hon.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#494 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 12:49 PM

(((Karen))) How horrible. I am sending lots of hugs and support vibes your way.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#495 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 PM

Karen- OH NO! Why do people have to do that to good mama's?
Please know that you can pm me ANY TIME.

#496 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What???! Karen, I can't believe it. What a waste of the agency's time *that* is. Sending and a big to the individual who harassed you thus

Also thinking of you aweyn - how are you today, hon?

And for unschoolin and redveg, and everyone else who could use one.

Spent the last couple of days helping the organization I volunteer for run job interviews for a preschool teacher position that came open. Interesting time. I really enjoyed it. My house is a disaster, tho, didn't occur to the kids or dh to clean *anything*.

My mom is out of hospital now, my grandma lingering, will pass away anytime. She is in her late 90s, starting to wander mentally, and very ill physically. I can't wish her to stay any longer but I'm very sad to think of losing her. She took care of my sis and I a lot when we were very small and my mom was ill.

Random cool things about my grandma:

5) She lived in and taught in a one-room schoolhouse, without electricity, on the Canadian prairie for most of a decade before she got married.
4) She read tea leaves and playing cards to fundraise for her church in the 50s, and taught me a little about it.
3) She borrowed Mists of Avalon from me when I was a teen and kept it and re-read it for years. Finally got it back a couple years ago.
2) She is the strongest and most passionate person I've ever known, pure trouble to anyone who threatened her family, and yet overcame a lot of life-long prejudices and became more peaceful of heart in the last years of her life. Even when she was stuck in a long-term care home, her life was passionate and meaningful.
1) At family reunions, if we were lucky, she'd get a little tipsy and sing a naughty song her mother had taught her called "The Captain and his Whiskers"

Going to my sister's to pick some beans, peas and potatoes - no corn in this rainy summer, unfortunately. I'm sure we can make a special meal out of that
#497 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 01:49 PM

I have been so busy this summer, i haven't had much time to read this thread. today is stay home and clean day. lol. so in between cleaning i am catching up with you ladies!
DH went fishing today which is awesome bc he isnt in my way. maybe he will catch supper.

I am a no person and I hate it. i find myself being worried all the time. DH always gets me to loosen up. if it werent for him the kids would have no fun. i love him so much! I find myself issuing tons of rules etc. everytime i catch myself doing it though i stop myself. i think it is connected to my anxiety and my ocd. with my ocd i have lots of rules for myself. i have to seperate out the actual neccessary things from the overboard things. and then remind myself they are kids. DH has no rules so we balance each other out. I work really hard to change that about myself bc i want my kids to enjoy their childhood.

we had fresh sweet corn for dinner last night. i love going to the farmers market. came home with all kinds of goodies and made an awesome dinner, pork, corn, and old fashioned bread. didnt feel good enough to make it myself but it was made in the Amana Colonies. love buying their stuff. it is so yummy.

i need to work on accepting waht i have instead of wanting what i dont have. we are poor, but not destitute. i cant afford all the stuff i think i would like. but i need to change that around to appreciating what i do have. bc to be fair, i have quite a lot. i own my trailer and my vehicles. they arent the best but they arent the worst either. i have a great DH and wonderful kids. but sometimes all i can think about is how bad i want a house, or a new car, or just to buy a new swimsuit. how to change my focus? it is imperative for my happiness! maybe i should add that to my TM....

II read all the posts i missed. quite a few things going on for everybody. we even have a new person! Welcome!!

also vibes to everybody (and their kids) who are not feeling well, who need a pickup, who need hugs, who need space, time, or healing.

and a bunch of smilies bc i cant actually give anyboy a physical hug who needs it!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#498 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Oh My dear Ladies, I need your love and support- can't get into detail but someone called CPS on us.
Oh, good goddess. I'm so freaking sorry I went through that last year. All because some UAVs at PSG saw a tiny slice of a bad moment in our lives and decided they didn't like the way I parented.
Did they go through the PSG "avenues" before they called the authorities? No. Did anyone say anything to me during the gathering? No. They waited till it was over, then called NC-DSS from all the way across the freaking country
Now we're in the system. If anyone ever else decided to call, since we've already had a call, even though they found nothing ("All I see is a loving home"), we'd be under the gun, kwim?

Quote:
Please know that you can pm me ANY TIME.

What she said. You can PM me, too, Aeress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
my grandma lingering, will pass away anytime. She is in her late 90s, starting to wander mentally, and very ill physically. I can't wish her to stay any longer but I'm very sad to think of losing her. She took care of my sis and I a lot when we were very small and my mom was ill.
Aubergine.
Your grandma sounds like the coolest lady! Lucky you.

We saw a Luna moth on my plum tree, on Lughnassad! How cool is that? We're all stuffed from our feast-- well, the two mamas are, anyway. The kids hardly ate a thing

#499 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#500 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura;15686076
Now we're in the system. If anyone ever else decided to call, since we've already had a call, even though they found [I
nothing[/I] ("All I see is a loving home"), we'd be under the gun, kwim?
I hate that they run things like that. If they don't find anything wrong, they should just delete you from their records entirely. Grrr.

#501 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I hate that they run things like that. If they don't find anything wrong, they should just delete you from their records entirely. Grrr.

M is on the phone with his brother. I wish he'd call me back. They both stay up way later than I do. Grrr.

#502 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 10:25 PM

Hey, tomorrow's August. I actually remembered! Whoever's up earliest starts the thread! Last one there's a rotten egg!

#503 of 507 Old 07-31-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
O.M.F.G!! I cannot believe the stupid, frivolous complaints people make. I am SURE they will come out and find the complaint unsubstantiated. I sincerely hope you work out who did it so you can cut them OUT of your life. CLearly some toxic crap there s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
My mom is out of hospital now, my grandma lingering, will pass away anytime. She is in her late 90s, starting to wander mentally, and very ill physically. I can't wish her to stay any longer but I'm very sad to think of losing her. She took care of my sis and I a lot when we were very small and my mom was ill.

Random cool things about my grandma:
So sorry about your grandma I hope she passes peacefully. From your list, she sounds like a spunky lady!

Spending our day out in the yard putting together the veggie garden YAY for laptops (really, I"m working... I'm on a garden planning site making a garden map hehehe)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#504 of 507 Old 08-01-2010, 12:41 AM

gah! ive been trying to catch up for over a week!!!!!

i surrendering....

but ive miiiiissssseeeed this thread so much, im started to wonder how i managed without it... oh wait, i wasnt!

Quote:
not doing well here, hiding under rock.

redveg, did kitty come home? i didnt see an update.... but i was skimming quick...

cari, huge hugs and vibes!

not sure if i saw this right or am going insane-- mamaof3~ wait, aquarium? where?

hugs and vibes and all that to all.
double triple hugs.... and a reminder that you can call me....

Quote:
ok, feeling a bit irritated at dh today. i hate that he is such a "NO" guy to the kids. it is always the first thing out of his mouth. i know i have complained about this before, but yesterday was one of those days where i was like... really?

at the aquarium (he went with us when we went later in the day) cae was climbing on these "rock" formations around one of the tanks (they are sort of made for that so little kids can get a good look) and dh yanks him off and does his (what i call) whisper yell at him, sort of mean talking thru his teeth at him. i kindly said "it's ok for him to do that, kids were doing it the whole time we were here earlier" then he got after the kids for touching the glass, not tapping, just touching it to get closer looks. again, not a big deal. they actually have people going around wiping the tanks and answering questions.

then it poured here last night. and when it rains in AZ you gotta go out in it. it is just so amazing. so the kids are all outside, and he steps out to "supervise" (aka tell them what to do) the whole time it's don't run, don't stand under the run off from the roof, don't lay on the ground. the baby went out with a towel (which i gave him to go out with) and dh snatches it away and tells him "no towels" again i say gently "it's ok, i gave it to him, i have to do laundry tomorrow anyway."
why the frick can't he just go with the flow? he is such a downer at times, always saying no! even when i am trying to explain something to the kids, i am not saying NO i am just explaining something, he pipes in and says NO!
dd was invited to go to some huge water park thing in texas with a couple of friends for someones 16th birthday. dd and i are talking about it and dh says NO you can't go. ????WHY NOT??? the other family is paying for it, dd has nothing else to do, and i had already said yes. we both look at him, like what the hell are you going on about. dd gets up set and storms off. i was like really? why no? well because i thought it would be a hassle for you. i am totally capable of saying no to the kids. and i know what i can and can't handle. what the heck do i have to do anyway? just drop her off on sunday. wow big thing for me. sheesh!

it is starting to really piss me off again. when i try to talk to him about it he says i am not a NO guy. then i feel like i have to pull up all this stuff from the past (although honestly it is just in the last couple of days) to prove to him that yes you do say no too much. grrrr!

h
my dh is a "no" guy too!

i woud complain, but i tend to let his and others rub off on me. my dd1 often will look at me like "what? you too?"

we went from free easy days to dh being unemployed, to staying with friends where we had so many rules.... i had a ceremony with dd2 on her 5th birthday and during it, i promised to forever remember her feelings and heart are inspired by love and will first consider her intentions/frame of reference before telling her no.

ive not been so great at honoring it when dh is really riled u, but she keeps reminding me.

our kids teach us. i feel like empowering them to be able to always say "WHY no?" is important.

otherwise, they may always just bow to authority until they rebel in high school like dh and i.

Quote:
ah-hem, post, take 2. i dream of a day mdc has "save a post, edit later, etc" function........

redveg, sorry about no kitty yet, but ditto the long lost kitty concept!

val, augh, hon. i feel your pain. hang in there, and vent as needed.

mof3~i'm just still in shock az has aquariums! i cant believe i didnt know this.
so, is the really big water park schlitterbaun??? I"LL TAKE HER!!!!

maia, hugs, hon. it's saturn in libra... been having our own issues, too...

thanks for the hugs (dok, you really wanna hear me whinge? think bad living situation tension with a mega huge dose of pms. ick ick ick.)

upside, i've come up with a celebration for the weekend i'm quite pleased with-- going to pick some fruits and make something yummy, maybe even make some jam. this is a major huge dream for me, part of my whole new-life-that-wasnt angst, etc, etc... so, think good thoughts for me. i can do it here, too, i know... it's just a bit hotter and dustier. i wish i had a really nice straw hat......

happy weekend, all! see ya in august!
you CAN do it there. i can see it. just give that house some time to catch up with your magic. it will get there.

Quote:
things have gotten royally ugly here. if there are any spare vibes, i'd sure lurve some....

<<hugs and vibes to all in need/want>>
again, my phone is near.

plus, its a perfect night for a cleansing.....im doing one

ok, now, i am vowing to NOT getting behind next month!

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#505 of 507 Old 08-01-2010, 02:48 AM

can i just say that my dinner was AMAZINGLY GOOD! OMG! i wish my belly was bigger so i could have eaten more. YUM!

h

#506 of 507 Old 08-01-2010, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Now we're in the system. If anyone ever else decided to call, since we've already had a call, even though they found nothing ("All I see is a loving home"), we'd be under the gun, kwim?
In my state, if you are found to have no cause for the complaint, it's as if it never happened. BTDT

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#507 of 507 Old 08-01-2010, 09:59 AM

August thread is up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page