~}{~July Pagan Circle~}{~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
isnt that an amazing feeling?

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#62 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning mamas!
It is so beautiful here (WV near metro Wash DC) this morning. Yes, it is on its way to way toooooooo hot. But at the moment the sky is so lovely and clear and the birds are singing such beautiful songs.

We'll soon be closing up the house and hunkering down for another expected heat wave. But until then, I'll enjoy the breezes.

Off to the store to get mozzarella cheese...as requested by middle guy last night.

Ta!

Maryhippie.gif

#63 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mornin' all!

And for my US friends... happy July 4th! Enjoy!

The drywall continues, there's a bbq at my MIL's, and dd2 is still asleep. The day is hot, sunny, and busy!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#64 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Mornin' all!

And for my US friends... happy July 4th! Enjoy!

The drywall continues, there's a bbq at my MIL's, and dd2 is still asleep. The day is hot, sunny, and busy!
omg that was excellent!

Happy 4th mamas!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#65 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 10:31 AM

That was freakin' awesome, Clay
Cari, I sent it to you through email...whoops

http://www.providingnews.com/declara...ence-text.html

This is one amazing document. M says it's the most eloquently written F-U letter ever
I'm truly amazed that we won, kwim? If I get everything done today that I want to get done, I will watch The Patriot. I watch it every year for the 4th, but haven't been able to get around to it today.

If the Evil Walmart is open, I have to get ds some more socks. I packed every pair for his camping trip next week--which means he has none for this week. Where do they all go??

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#66 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 10:32 AM

Morning Mamas! Just in time for a quick pop in and a glance to catch up.

Boo to the car woes, breakdowns, thievery and all that ick! Though thank gods & goddess for the pint of B&J

Maia- to you for M. The ups & downs must be very hard particularly for you, be gentle with yourself and let me know if you need any strength sent

We're in the heat here, building the brickpath way I tore up 1 year ago. It's going back in right, or mostly right. We have 7' down and 28 more to go.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th and enjoy the fireworks and celebrations for today!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#67 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 11:40 AM

Well, ktg, you're 1/4 of the way there!

Sure, strength and energy's never turned down Thanks! Send it up MA way, since I'll be getting on the plane RIGHT NOW this time tomorrow!
I so, so, so can't wait

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#68 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 12:15 PM

Happy 4th US mamas.

Wombat- that was a great link. Waiting for DH to wake up, so I can share it with him.
Maia-Safe travels tomorrow, and good luck with the ongoing journey with M
ktg-Happy bricking. Or at least swift and straight. Sounds like some icey lemonade is in order.
mary3mama-singing birds and yummy cheese. You're off to a good start.
Hugs to all! Some cars need to start behaving themselves. Yay to awesome kid friendly backyards. Hanging with our SO while watching the littles play. Roadside B&J. Beautiful rituals and other goodness.

I'm in S.F. on a little family trip. Sipping coffee (need to go get some real stuff soon), enjoying the quiet as the children are magically sucked into hotel TV, and about to plan our day. We saw Peter Pan 360 yesterday, and I loved it. We were in the 2nd row and really close to the action. The special effects were fun, but best of all was getting all teary over and over while watching my kiddos experience the magic. When Tink died, my DS was so serious and mesmerized. Then he joined in with such intent, "I believe in fairies, I believe in fairies, I believe in fairies!" Then the biggest beaming smile as she woke up and began to fly.

Wishing everyone a lovely day with a sprinkle of magick somewhere

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#69 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 03:02 PM

good morning everyone. femme rouge, i lived in the s.f bay area for a total of 7 or 8 years. i still love it. were are having a bbq this evening not to celebrate the fourth but just because. i know its gonna be super humid and pretty hot here. its gonna be a great day.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#70 of 507 Old 07-04-2010, 11:26 PM

Happy 4th for those of you in the US (and well, still a happy Sunday to anyone else)!

I took Aengus for his 1st trip to the natural history museum today, but he was unimpressed. The glowing planets were entertaining for him, however.

It is getting to be unbearably hot here. Even the locals are complaining. Please let this possible move work out! I can't live here another year. I want snow this winter!

femme rouge --the peter pan story with your DS was too sweet. If only we didn't lose that childlike ability to believe as we age. I believe in fairies, too! Which reminds me, I need to touch up my fairy house in the back...

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#71 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 10:25 AM

Dropping in today, the kids are still at my Mom's, so I am taking a me day. I going to buy some beads and fabric so I can make a head dress (headdress?) for my costume.

Clay- Hey you beautiful Goddess of books, what do you know about the vikings and their beliefs? How about dress? We have the opportunity to attend a viking celebration this month.

Cars going wonky stinks, hope they are up and running and didn't cost a fortune.

Home Invasion- Don't forget to cleanse and protect the house...wish I knew a spell.

Maia- enjoy your time with M!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#72 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Hey there you gUUUUUUUyyyyys! (yes, the girls have been watching Electric Company ;lol)

Pagan Summer Camp 2010 is up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Vikings! squee bibble! There are actually a few really nice "quick start" websites for people recreating Norse life... Gael Agus Gall, the Viking Answer Lady (who is a total blast and seriously knowledgable to boot), the Viking Food Guy, and Hurstwic. Those sites all have info on clothing, belief, food, culture... but the viking era is popular in the SCA too so if you google "viking apron dress" you'll get gobs of sources.

Maia- good luck, have fun!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#73 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Dropping in today, the kids are still at my Mom's, so I am taking a me day. I going to buy some beads and fabric so I can make a head dress (headdress?) for my costume.

Clay- Hey you beautiful Goddess of books, what do you know about the vikings and their beliefs? How about dress? We have the opportunity to attend a viking celebration this month.

Cars going wonky stinks, hope they are up and running and didn't cost a fortune.

Home Invasion- Don't forget to cleanse and protect the house...wish I knew a spell.

Maia- enjoy your time with M!
thanks you so much, we know a cleansing spell but i dont know the words in english or i would share it. were doing sage and lemongrass misters and burning and having people come over alot to cleanse our home too.

last night was loverly. we had a nice bbq, and ate outside, my family tested my essential oil bug spray and it worked well. really well. the dogs were V. worried about the noises tho.

#74 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 12:03 PM

Morning Ladies! I'm here cuppa in hand, omelet beside me catching up!
- though I know you are on a plane - yay for DS's approval!! that is awesome! and I'll send some your way too

Clay -woot for camp!! I got my bag packed and I'm all shiny new ready to go!

Femme - the Peter Pan story.

Val - sounds like you had an amazing experience!

Ian'smommy - yikes!!! I'm glad to hear no one was hurt

Gun - see above re: car, and for the new playset. I could not imagine not having one with our boys. We've managed to rig up the slide into a homemade waterslide with a kiddie pool at the bottom.

Off to go and check-in for camp and I have ideas for stuff to "just do it" NOW for me today!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#75 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 12:41 PM

Can't catch up so just saying hi and giving everyone a hug.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#76 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 01:51 PM

Hi all. Wish I could catch up, but I have been working so much lately thanks to someone quitting @ another center. Which means my manager has to go up there and help out.

I need to get back to studying, but that's hard to do with DBF here watching movies, etc.

Hope all is well for everyone!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#77 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Yay Camp! I'll be over soon. Had a nice morning and now the kiddos are playing kitties outside meowing and drinking out of their little kitty bowls. I've been instructed to bring them out some meat since they're carnivores.

iansmommasya- what's in the bug spray? Mind sharing?

Ambystoma- good luck on the move possibility. I hope you get your snow.

Off to camp, then garden.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#78 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 05:18 PM

not at all. in a witch hazel base add essential oils i added geranium, spearmint, lavender, citronella, rosemary. and shook it up.

#79 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 05:52 PM

HI mamas!! I am in Boston. Well, leaving We had a bit of a screw-up with holiday times (forgot that the trains would be on a holiday schedule) so M was not able to meet me, and I'm doing the train thing all by myself

I'm really glad I did this a bunch of times with M. I can navigate an airport with my eyes closed; I can drive anywhere, but this train/bus thing...ye Gods. I'd have been utterly petrified if I hadn't done this with him a lot. I'm feeling totally confident, though, and I'm on the last leg and I've done it!

He's been an absolute wreck-- he gets nervous so easily. I thought it would ruin our whole day, but he's bounced back and he's staying at home in the A/C, which is good. He wilts in heat. I do, too, but it's gawd-awful for his leukemia.

So...instead of seeing him at 2, it'll be more like 7 but I don't care. I'm just glad to see him So yay!
Thanks for all the well-wishes, mamas

#80 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Oh yeah-- I brought my computer so I'll be able to check in with y'all while I'm here. This is so funny, using my computer on a train.

I know it's called a LAPtop for a reason but I never bring it anywhere. Too much of a PITA. I brought it this time because M is a computer whiz and he's going to clean it up for me and maintain its...(cleanliness? ).

I really want one of those teeny little computers. Have y'all seen those? They're so cute. They can fit in a purse. Me want!!

Off to check out the summer camp thread

#81 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Maia- Hope you have a fabulous visit! I'm sure you must be hating the heat/humidity.

#82 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Maia- yay you! I have a dell inspirion mini (a web-book) that I use (like, right now ). I really like it but the size can be really annoying... LOTS of typos and touch pad problems. It's teeny tiny and there was a harsh dexterity curve.

SSoooooo hot here. I'm dying. And my mom dropped off a bunch of stuff... but much of it has gluten and some of it was recalled. So, not something we can use and in some cases not something I'd be confortable donating. It's sort of a cruel joke you know? This was a gift I'd never have anticipated/never have missed if not offered. But to be given a huge hift and then learn that it wont be useful? ARGH!

DH got a lot of drywall done this weekend... two walls are done, one is about half done. One wall is just started and another has nothing done yet. But it's more than last week!

Tor is a wrecking machine... he pulls EVERYTHING off the shelves, spreads stuff over the floor, smushes and smacks and splatters. I'm trying to babyproof but it's hard.

#83 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
HI mamas!! I am in Boston. Well, leaving We had a bit of a screw-up with holiday times (forgot that the trains would be on a holiday schedule) so M was not able to meet me, and I'm doing the train thing all by myself
Oh, I'm jealous-Boston is one of my favorite places on earth! Although boo for crazy T schedule.

ian's momma-that sounds yummy.

Yay for camp! I need something to get me spiritually-focused this summer.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#84 of 507 Old 07-05-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Maia- Hope you have a fabulous visit! I'm sure you must be hating the heat/humidity.
It's pretty hot. But M has an air conditioner-- thank the Gods. We're hopefully going to a farmer's market tomorrow, but probably we'll stay indoors after that

Quote:
Tor is a wrecking machine... he pulls EVERYTHING off the shelves, spreads stuff over the floor, smushes and smacks and splatters. I'm trying to babyproof but it's hard.
That was ds till he was like...four? I feel for ya, mama
HUGE bummer on the food thing!

I am SO, so happy right now, mamas...a reunion just like I'd hoped for, so far

#85 of 507 Old 07-06-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
EEK is right LOL. I've lived here 10yrs and I'm STILL not comfortable taking trains I've done it maybe.. 3times by myself

Quote:
DH got a lot of drywall done this weekend... two walls are done, one is about half done. One wall is just started and another has nothing done yet. But it's more than last week!
WOOT! Progress... Looking forward to seeing your new digs huN!
Quote:
I feel your pain.. that was SO Quinn!!

JUST got home about 20mins ago (that'd be 430pm) after being out since 8am! The boys & I went to the Medieval faire kid's day and it was awesome! All the boys were well behaved (lucas was his usual space cadet self at times, but what ya gonna do? ) It was 1.5hr drive each way.. and I am utterly shatttered.. so hubs is DEFINITELY on KP tonight if anyone is gonna eat

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#86 of 507 Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 AM

Holiday train schedules stink, Maia, but I'm glad you made it. Enjoy your stay

It was so HOT in VT this weekend. Took DD to the pool a couple of times, whih was nice and necessary. And I ht a tent sale of a fancy-schmancy boutique. Everything was $5, 10, or $15. So I spent $50, and got myself 3 tops and 3 skirts, and if I had paid full price, it probably would have cost me $600-700. But now I have a new work wardrobe as I start next week! EEEEEK!!

The ILs were only mildly annoying, but that's to be expected. oh well, they mean well. Clay, I'm so sorry about your gift not working out so well. Does she not know that you need gluten-free stuff? Or does it go in one ear and out the other? to you. I don't know how I would be graceful about it.

Come ponder with me about food!
#87 of 507 Old 07-06-2010, 08:37 AM

I'm melting. At 7:43 am.

Getting ready to go to RI for a few days (not vacation.)
Not sure how mdc will work on an iPad but I will be updating on fb.

#88 of 507 Old 07-06-2010, 10:30 AM

Morning Morning all y'all! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

It was hot, hot, hot here all weekend. So everyone on the East Coast, I know you are feeling it now. I'm crossing my fingers for rain soon, as the humidity just wont break yet.

Got the path done, just need to finish pushing more sand in to the last 5 feet and make sure everything settles nicely. I'll post pictures once we're done.

Made some homemade salsa and trying to refocus on the diet and exercise today, along with getting some much needed work completed and done.

I hope everyone has a magical day back from the holiday (or if you're not in the US - a magical day just because its Tuesday!! )

#89 of 507 Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 AM

It's already 86°F/30°C + humidity = sluggish mood. It felt like 45°C/108°F yesterday...

Our BBQ is being put to rest... fire was coming out from the bottom last night! I had to stand there with the hose in hand to cool down the propane tank while DH finished the cooking... Crazy!

Valérie   
#90 of 507 Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 AM

'Morning, mamas!

I'm having the most amazing time, so far! We are all over each other, and tons and tons of laughter and smiles. My face hurts from smiling so much and I'm getting a ton of exercise already

OMG, so this morning M made coffee, realized he'd forgotten to get half and half for me, so he ran out and got some before he even had coffee, and now he's gone out to get my glasses fixed (I broke them in the airport yesterday), while I am still sitting here in a nightgown. He's so amazing.

Ye Gods, I am so in love

I need to shut up before y'all puke

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page