~}{~July Pagan Circle~}{~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 507 Old 07-11-2010, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
omg, what a nightmare! how could a person do that? unreal. praise the universe that you two are healing. i have a 20 year old i raised but who isnt my biological child. so kids the same age...

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#182 of 507 Old 07-11-2010, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well thankful the whole money secret came to a head at my parents house this morning. the whole thing was so weird. and long, so i will spare all of you.

maybe a punching bag for ds#3 would be better. then we could all use it. lol i have been thinking about getting him a drumset for some time, but we can't right now, maybe in the fall. he has great rhythm, so i know he would do well with it, plus ds#1 plays and so does dh.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#183 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
well thankful the whole money secret came to a head at my parents house this morning. the whole thing was so weird. and long, so i will spare all of you.

h
Glad you didn't have to walk around holding a secret in, knowing it was stressing your father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
omg, what a nightmare! how could a person do that? unreal. praise the universe that you two are healing. i have a 20 year old i raised but who isnt my biological child. so kids the same age...
I got nothing. I think a big part of it was that my ex's wife knew that HE didn't want the divorce (he wanted to screw around and come back to me when he was done playing), and then add jealousy (I was blissfully happy with my new spouse, while they spent quite a few years struggling). I'm VERY thankful that things got sorted out in the end though... she & I even speak on fb & get along fairly well now.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#184 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 09:21 AM

Teens: I have a 19yo and a soon to be 13yo (in full hormonal changes ).

DD1 is very independent... I have no news from her since right after the earthquake.

DS is attracting pre-teen girls like honey attract bees! We had an improvised party Saturday night and the 3 pre-teens spent the night chasing him around the 5 acres.

DD2 turned 5 on Saturday and was very happy with the little celebration at her ball game then the improvised party at home.

I set intention on the New Moon to pamper myself more - I turned my manicure/pedicure time into a little ritual. Green nails to remember my connection with Nature.

I want to create a little charm my husband can carry/wear to protect him while he work as a firefighter. Not only to protect him from the fire but to protect his soul/mind when he's called on car accident scenes. He's still pretty shaken from the accident he went to on Friday night. (the injured man didn't make it through the night) I need this charm to be small/discrete and can't use any metal since he's exposed to heavy heat with the fires. Any suggestions of crystal/color/symbols I could use?

I suggested tapping after the facts but DH is not open to that level of woowoo yet (though he ask me for Reiki for his aching back/shoulders - go figure! )

Valérie   
#185 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Sorry I haven't been involved much lately. It's been so hot and I've been quite grumpy.

We have a cool morning so I'm feeling a bit better.

Been trying to do a little work to prepare for the big summer sale starting on Thursday. It's a huge sale so I need to stay organized. I need some sort of Feng Shui (or similar) for my home office area. LOL.

Does anyone else get a tad depressed when they get back from vacation? Coming back to reality is always difficult. Although we weren't on a real vacation, we did stay at a lovely Inn. Ds said that it was like staying at Hogwarts and he's right. It did have that feel to it.

Then, I have to come home to a messy, tiny, boring home. And I'm faced with a huge To Do list. Ugh. I've been wanting to clean but it's been SO hot in the house, it makes me ill if I do much of anything. So frustrating!

Ok, that's enough about me.
I'll be checking in here regularly now.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#186 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Hugs DoK... I always have this bleh crash after getting home. First there's the YAY of being in my own bed/own space/comfort zone that usually lasts a few hours. Then wham... dropped into the bleh of normal life. It's like I have this hope that while I'm gone someone will come in and fix everything in my life. And then I get home and it's not. I think that, for me, when I'm away I remember all the comfy things of home, but when I get home those comfy things are submerged in the routine.

Cari- I know it probably doesn't feel like it, but omg woman your life is an adventure! I hope this new chapter is filled with far less stress and much more joy, even if it does contain an "instant teen"!

Punching bags- I think it sounds like a good idea. We had a bean bag toss sort of thing and I'd tell dd1 to throw the bean bags into the box as hard as possible as an alternative to hitting. But it hasn't worked for dd2. With the sword idea... do you have a local SCA group? There are "youth fighting" groups in some chapters and maybe he'd enjoy that? It's usualy free, there is generally loaner equipment, and it takes a LOT of energy... plus he'd be learning that "hitting" involves rules and appropriate conduct (like, making eye contact and only hitting if the other person is in armor). Friends of ours had one child that just lived a lot "louder" than his sibs (to the point that people were getting hurt) but he started SCA fighting and it made a big difference... I think he finally settled into thrown weapons, which scares me, but worked well for him!

Our wall is open! DH opened it all up yesterday. YAY! So, the wires still need to be re-routed but the framing is up and the space is open! The down side is the amazing mess. I'll post pics when I can but dear lords and ladies of dust, the mess! ARGH!

One neat thing was the foundation was open down about 10 feet into the ground... I was able to do a quick ritual and have everyone offer a silver bead into the ground under the house before DH filled it in with concrete. I explained to the girls that we were giving a present to the earth under the house as a "thank you" for holding up our house. Each girl said "thank you!" and dropped a bead into one of the holes. DH and I also dropped beads and then I added ones for Tor and our maybe-future-babe (no, not pregnant just wanting another). After the girls talked about what it must be like under the house, how the earth must feel, and other presents we could give... and dd2 did a dance for the earth (to show the earth how to move I think).

The heat wave broke here I think. At least, it feels cooler today. I'm going to just believe the temps will be more gentle!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#187 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Does anyone else get a tad depressed when they get back from vacation? Coming back to reality is always difficult. Although we weren't on a real vacation, we did stay at a lovely Inn. Ds said that it was like staying at Hogwarts and he's right. It did have that feel to it.

Then, I have to come home to a messy, tiny, boring home. And I'm faced with a huge To Do list. Ugh. I've been wanting to clean but it's been SO hot in the house, it makes me ill if I do much of anything. So frustrating!
YES But then everything is supposed to be too perfect on vacation, right? It's always hard to come back down to earth though.. and the place you stayed in was way more flash than our typical vacation spots! I tend to go for functional but comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Cari- I know it probably doesn't feel like it, but omg woman your life is an adventure! I hope this new chapter is filled with far less stress and much more joy, even if it does contain an "instant teen"!
Funny that... it doesn't FEEL adventurous at all. Although I guess hopping half a world away in utter desperation to save myself *is* somewhat an adventure. But through it all, the pain of the situation, and the loss, made it so I never saw it. I have been judged very harshly by a lot of mothers for ever trusting him and leaving my sons with him... but in the end I had to do what saved my very life. I know that sounds melodramatic... but it is what it is. And nobody really wants/needs to know the whole saga. Suffice it to say the universe finds a way to fix what is broken.

Quote:
Our wall is open! DH opened it all up yesterday. YAY! So, the wires still need to be re-routed but the framing is up and the space is open! The down side is the amazing mess. I'll post pics when I can but dear lords and ladies of dust, the mess! ARGH!
Oh my, congrats!!!!! Can't wait to see your new digs!

Off to bed for me.. hope your days are all lovely

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#188 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 10:57 AM

mamaofthree- so glad things are improving all around

Cari- I agree w/Clay- you've got a great adventure going & I'm excited for you that your ds will be living with you soon.

DoK- I hope you feel better!

Val- How about an embroidery floss friendship style bracelet? Or anklet? You can pick the colors and pattern, and it wouldn't heat up and hurt him. I've mentioned my BIL is a firefighter- and I've seen how the difficult some of the situations can be. Some sort of a charm is a great idea.

ian'smomma- I want to hear more about your tinctures too! The comfrey salve I started 6 weeks ago is ready to be finished- I just need to find the time.

This weekend our neighbors helped us get the fence started. Our neighbors are terriffic- we hang out together lots, but coming over to dig holes in the heat and stay and help all day was so great of them

Friday morning we leave for 10 days of camping, and I have so much to do to get ready. Need to go make lists...
#189 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 11:18 AM

Hi Ladies -

I see I have some catching up to do since the weekend!

I am here to announce - week 2 of camp has been posted (sorry I made it a separate thread)

but I have a link here for everyone : Week 2

See you there and bring your peanut butter, marshmellow fluff, nutella or ganache!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#190 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 PM

clay: does the sca do things with little kids? he is only 5... wait he will be six in about a week. eeek! i have a feeling there is a local sca here the phoenix area does have close to 4 million people. lol i will look into that. thanks

so my goals for today: clean up the living room,kitchen and dining room.

ok and just as a side note: i am about to pull all my hair out. ds#3 and ds#4 are now fighting over the green cloak, why? we also have a cool red one and a cool purple one, BUT NO!!! they must fight over the green one. aaaaaggghhh!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#191 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 PM

aubergine, have fun in the painting! (well, you know what i mean.) and stay off the computer!

the three threads: this one, camp, and weight loss.

hugs and vibes and happy new moon wishes to all! (eveyone read tracy's? i liked aquarius papers, too.)
#192 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM

I believe I have caught up, proper and all that jazz

Aubergine - have fun on vaca & visting that spot in the painting!
Witchy - I hope you little bub is feeling better
Mamaof3 - here's to settling vibes and no more drama
Cari - mmmmm turkey, now i want to roast one on the BBQ, with yummy cranberries. mmmmm
ian'smommy - your tinctures look amazing
DOK - the inn looked amazing!

Feeling a bit in the dumps today, and trying to get out of it and find a path forward.

Did a little sprucing up yesterday, and cleaning off some of my desk, and hung up a very appropriate sign over it "The witch is in/out". Moved a wreath which I thought would be great for a door, to our mantle and put a little red/gold star on it, and working to hang a broom I got several months back over our back/main door. DH loves it all, and even apologized for throwing out the small bowl of water I had sitting by the window after he figured out it was probably something I did. I'm taking baby steps to announce my faith throughout the house. An inside alter might be the next, in a corner. I just need to find the right corner, and the shelves for it.

A bit OT - I want to post in the TM thread, but I don't given my mood. I want to tear my TM down and start over and keep it simple. Its so darn cryptic and weird, I'm just not sure of what's going on. Anyone else feeling this way?

Anyhoo - hello cancer new moon, and emotions!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#193 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
A bit OT - I want to post in the TM thread, but I don't given my mood. I want to tear my TM down and start over and keep it simple. Its so darn cryptic and weird, I'm just not sure of what's going on. Anyone else feeling this way?

Anyhoo - hello cancer new moon, and emotions!
ohhh, map twin! i'm so sorry you're feeling that way. she said it's ok to work on it... maybe sit with it and let yourself be led? if that means starting over, i'd say go with that. you and i both have been thru a lot of TM ... i hesitate to call it "mess", but it's really banged us kind of hard.... if it helps, mine's totally different right now... i'm USING it now, rather than it using me, kwim? HUGS!
#194 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 01:34 PM

Liza, I have several intradermal spindle cell lipomas and have gotten a couple removed. Other than the itchies from the stitches, it wasn't too bad but waiting can be stressful even if you "know" what it is.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#195 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

SCA- It depends on the group, but many have page schools and youth combat groups, or at least people willing to work more informally with children. Pennsic is coming up so I'm betting people may be kind of busy right now, but by Sept everyone should be back to normal. I think some depends on the individual group... our local group allows 5 and up in thrown weapons/archery/atlatl but 6 and up for sword work. I think you're in the Kingdom of Atenveldt and it looks like their youth combat starts at 6yo. (check here and here).

Yay for camp! Squee!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#196 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 06:23 PM

mamaofthree--I think the SCA (or even punching bag) idea is a great one. I have aggressive tendencies when frustrated, so even though it sounds counterintuitive to calm down my smacking a pillow or something-it really works! Folks like us just need to burn off steam in a more physical way. Even getting him outside running around more will help. I find if I'm cooped up in the house not doing much, I get more easily frustrated.

clay--congrats on the wall being open! I love seeing building/remodeling pics, so hope you feel like sharing at some point in the process.

DoK-vacation is magical. I always get a bit sad on the last day because I'll miss the fun!

The oil spill has started hitting our region of Louisiana. Not sure how in the world we would be able to get it out of the swamps. I'm hoping it doesn't mess with my frogs too much--I'm so close to being done with my thesis work.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#197 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
ok and just as a side note: i am about to pull all my hair out. ds#3 and ds#4 are now fighting over the green cloak, why? we also have a cool red one and a cool purple one, BUT NO!!! they must fight over the green one. aaaaaggghhh!

h
The STORY of my life woman It drives me NUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post
The oil spill has started hitting our region of Louisiana. Not sure how in the world we would be able to get it out of the swamps. I'm hoping it doesn't mess with my frogs too much--I'm so close to being done with my thesis work.
This makes me so sad. I have trouble reading any news about this because it terrifies me that they may have killed a huge portion of our world. I honestly am scared it will never stop, and that eventually the entirety of our seas will be poisoned.

#198 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 PM

Yowzas! That was some catching up.

I can't barely remember everything so hugs to those that need it.

I've been dealing with the mess here, but that seems to be slowly dying down. Had a "no moving baby" scare during our crazy heat wave, but he/she is back to being crazy. First week of August, I should know if I'm having a girl or boy dinosaur which I'm very excited about.

I finished my book and have some reading it and I'm glad to say they're liking it! I have to finish a paper so miss talking to you ladies!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#199 of 507 Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
i have been thinking about getting him a drumset for some time, but we can't right now, maybe in the fall. he has great rhythm, so i know he would do well with it, plus ds#1 plays and so does dh.
You can get electronic ones with headphones

Quote:
Does anyone else get a tad depressed when they get back from vacation? Coming back to reality is always difficult.
Um, yeah
Leaving M this time was so hard, for both of us. I love coming back to my house and to my boy, but it's getting harder and harder to be away from M. Knowing that it was long-distance coming into it, and knowing how hard it was going to be, didn't do anything to help the situation
Where did you go that there was a Hogwarts-type hotel? how cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
This makes me so sad. I have trouble reading any news about this because it terrifies me that they may have killed a huge portion of our world. I honestly am scared it will never stop, and that eventually the entirety of our seas will be poisoned.

This time...mamas, I had the BEST, best time of my life

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#200 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post

I want to create a little charm my husband can carry/wear to protect him while he work as a firefighter. Not only to protect him from the fire but to protect his soul/mind when he's called on car accident scenes. He's still pretty shaken from the accident he went to on Friday night. (the injured man didn't make it through the night) I need this charm to be small/discrete and can't use any metal since he's exposed to heavy heat with the fires. Any suggestions of crystal/color/symbols I could use?

I suggested tapping after the facts but DH is not open to that level of woowoo yet (though he ask me for Reiki for his aching back/shoulders - go figure! )
A couple of thoughts for material: felted wool - (symbolism: the interwoven/bound fibers are what give it strength, but it is friction that makes it so); turtle/toroise shell (an armor); or horn (it is for defense of others - think a ram defending his harem - and of oneself). As for symbolism - how about a spin on the fire triangle - oxygen, heat & fuel (maybe air, sun & earth). Or just a play on the principal of the fire triangle - fire is extinguished is just one "leg" is removed. Hmmm, no strong thoughts on this yet. Must percolate.

I really like this idea. My DH could also use such. The last few fatalities he's worked have resulted either hurt him deeply or he's ended up almost mocking 9but that's too harsh) the deceased (as in the Darwin awards). I've been with him & around other cops, firefighters & EMTs long enough to realize both are normal - the the burden is certainly cumulative and takes a toll on his soul, as you said.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#201 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 04:33 AM

Thanks for the healing thoughts for “the thing.” I had it cut off today – it wasn’t too bad. The doc decided it would be easier for him and me if he cauterized rather than used stitches since it is in my hair (how to keep her from getting caught in the knot while I sleep, walk in wind etc.) It’s really weird to feel a hole though were there was “the thing.” I should have the pathology results Thursday. I don’t like having to wait (as Indigo said, even when I’m 99% sure of the results).

Clay – I like your earth offering under the foundation. My foundation is dirt, but we are relaying new vinyl later this summer. I think I will do something similar.

On the home front, DD is starting to actually crawl. Although she is still content to stay in a pretty small area. She likes to drag a toy in circles. She’s really gotten vocal lately. By vocal though, I mean she growls. Sometimes it’s a purr. Frequently it is a growl. We were at a 3 kid birthday party this weekend and lots of mommas held her. They all commented on how happy, mellow and growly she was. She loves it if you put your forehead to hers and growl with her. My baby bird might really be a bear.

DS has been running a fever and we have no idea why. Until tonight he was just slightly more clingy than usual. Tonight, he was very clingly & cuddly. I can’t miss more work right now. How many cloves of garlic can I shove down his gob? I fed him 3 kiwis tonight for vit C. and some extra of his Sunshine Juice (vit D).

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#202 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Where did you go that there was a Hogwarts-type hotel? how cool!
It's called the Edgewood Manor Inn. You can see some pics of it on their website. I did post pics on my facebook.
The outside definitely does not look magical/Hogwarts like but the interior does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
Thanks for the healing thoughts for “the thing.” I had it cut off today – it wasn’t too bad. The doc decided it would be easier for him and me if he cauterized rather than used stitches since it is in my hair...>SNIP<
DS has been running a fever and we have no idea why. >snip<
Having it cauterized is better, in my opinion. Less pain afterwards. I had one on my forehead cauterized and it was MUCH less painful than the ones that had stitches. Plus, the one on my forehead didn't scar at all but the others have a noticeable scar.
Hope your ds recovers quickly.

#203 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Thank you for the ideas for DH's protection charm.
I might use 3 colors braided into a bracelet and dip it into a protection potion... or create a little badge he could keep in his pocket... (or both )

Valérie   
#204 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post

oh, i am so sorry. that is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
i dont watch the new with that part on it either. i just cant. its too awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I've been dealing with the mess here, but that seems to be slowly dying down. Had a "no moving baby" scare during our crazy heat wave, but he/she is back to being crazy. First week of August, I should know if I'm having a girl or boy dinosaur which I'm very excited about.
what a scare! glad everything is okay now.

Quote:
A couple of thoughts for material: felted wool - (symbolism: the interwoven/bound fibers are what give it strength, but it is friction that makes it so); turtle/toroise shell (an armor); or horn (it is for defense of others - think a ram defending his harem - and of oneself). As for symbolism - how about a spin on the fire triangle - oxygen, heat & fuel (maybe air, sun & earth). Or just a play on the principal of the fire triangle - fire is extinguished is just one "leg" is removed. Hmmm, no strong thoughts on this yet. Must percolate.
very nice idea. i really like this.

Quote:
Thanks for the healing thoughts for “the thing.” I had it cut off today – it wasn’t too bad. The doc decided it would be easier for him and me if he cauterized rather than used stitches since it is in my hair (how to keep her from getting caught in the knot while I sleep, walk in wind etc.) It’s really weird to feel a hole though were there was “the thing.” I should have the pathology results Thursday. I don’t like having to wait (as Indigo said, even when I’m 99% sure of the results).

On the home front, DD is starting to actually crawl. Although she is still content to stay in a pretty small area. She likes to drag a toy in circles. She’s really gotten vocal lately. By vocal though, I mean she growls. Sometimes it’s a purr. Frequently it is a growl. We were at a 3 kid birthday party this weekend and lots of mommas held her. They all commented on how happy, mellow and growly she was. She loves it if you put your forehead to hers and growl with her. My baby bird might really be a bear.

DS has been running a fever and we have no idea why. Until tonight he was just slightly more clingy than usual. Tonight, he was very clingly & cuddly. I can’t miss more work right now. How many cloves of garlic can I shove down his gob? I fed him 3 kiwis tonight for vit C. and some extra of his Sunshine Juice (vit D).
you can eat ALOT of garlic, growly bb's! that sounds darling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post

Thank you for the ideas for DH's protection charm.
I might use 3 colors braided into a bracelet and dip it into a protection potion... or create a little badge he could keep in his pocket... (or both )
more then one sounds good.

things are good here, althought the garbage truck left its back up alarm on constantly on my block, and it sounds earily like my alarm.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#205 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Ahh good morning wonderful women! I feel a *stretch* as I come and sit, relax and see all the news fit to print here.

Unschoolin' - yay for a brief drive by! for the scare, that baby dino is a sneaky one! Congrats on the great feedback of your book.

Liza - eek for health scares. I missed your early update, but being sent. I hope your DS heals quick and its just a summer bug.

How is everyone dealing with the heat and summer? I feel like a wilting flower somedays and still under the ho-hum of this auspicious cancer new moon.

Val - love the bracelet idea!

In the spirit of this week at CAMP - Thank you ladies for the wonderful, warm energy I feel each time I visit here. It makes my day to have a circle out in world with such special folks!

#206 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 11:58 AM

Yes, me too, ktg!!

Quote:
They all commented on how happy, mellow and growly she was. She loves it if you put your forehead to hers and growl with her. My baby bird might really be a bear.
Aww, that is so cute!! I hope your DS feels better soon.

Mine (9yo) has a cough, but no other symptoms, and I have no idea why either. It sounds awful, very productive, he says clear phlegm, and sometimes he sounds like he's going to hurl or choke with the effort of it. And it has been progressively keeping him up at night.
He's had it for about 2 weeks.
But no other symptoms. It's baffling. I'm thinking post nasal drip but why? Sudden mysterious allergies? Anybody have any ideas?
He's been taking elderberry and echinacea and extra C, to no avail I'm thinking to try Benadryl, or Nyquil to help him sleep.

Quote:
It's called the Edgewood Manor Inn. You can see some pics of it on their website.
Oooh, that's pretty. Looks like a mini-Biltmore, sort of.

I am being SO lazy today. 11am and still in nightgown, no shower or teeth brushing yet (though I think the teeth are immanent-- I'm starting to feel really ew).

Off to fold laundry.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#207 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 PM

HI!

haven't been in here lately. i have been real busy with summer stuff. my TM is hopping! i want to do it every year. so motivational!

skimming the pages. glad to see lots of people i recognize. back to lurking.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#208 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 12:57 PM

I just KNOW this baby is going to make me bald. But the kids are getting even more excited and today I am 17 weeks.

Liza-I hope all is well with DS. Maybe it's just a (as I like to call them) drive-by germie attack.

Last night, we got a storm so bad that one of the thunder blasts shook our building and woke us all up screaming. The whole building! It roasted a tree behind us.

I haven't heard anything back yet from the job. My pregnancy is going to make a lot of things difficult despite having the qualifications, I have kids and one on the way. That took precedent over most of the interview.

They asked me how would I do this or that when I have kids. It's okay though.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#209 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:

Clay – I like your earth offering under the foundation. My foundation is dirt, but we are relaying new vinyl later this summer. I think I will do something similar.

Waiting is hard. I hope it's nothing.

The kiddos are back from their vacation with grandma. It's soo good to see them. Absence does make the heart grow founder. It is such a joy to be around my chipper little girl. I asked her if she could scoot over in the kitchen this morning, so I could reach my coffee. She responded with a big smile, ""Sure, of course I can." She's usually like this, and it's so sweet. My boy is so funny and loves to make people laugh...I do think there's a little class clown in our future. Anyway, just feeling the love this morning.

Have a great day. I'm off to check out week 2 of camp.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#210 of 507 Old 07-13-2010, 01:34 PM

I'm trying to make a decision on something very important. This decision is not coming easily, I tell ya. So, what I'm trying to decide is whether to get the octopus or the alligator from my site. giggle. Roo wants both but I'm only getting him one. I have until Thurs to decide because that's when the sale starts (they aren't on sale but the books he wants will be.)
Help me decide!
Oh, you can see the octopus in the video that I posted on my blog (see sig.)
Fyi- this post is not to sell something. It's for trying to decide what I want to buy for ds.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page