~}{~July Pagan Circle~}{~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 507 Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Been a bit behind today, the weather and my allergies slowed me down. I created my own carrot muffin recipe, I hope they turn out well.

I will catch up later, thinking of you gals!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 08:24 AM

Morning

Well, I am finished with about half of my morning chores Just taking a tea break. Clay, ouch on the finger, how's it feeling today? I hope the rest of the day went well.

I have got a few things to do today and 3 of them will take me to Concord. Now I can't go to Concoed and not hit the Borders. Plus I think I will hit the Co-Op too.

Any plans for the weekend? We will be working on our barn, trying to get it finnished so we can get over to our property.

I hope everyone has a great day and fun weekend

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#243 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 08:39 AM

Something odd happened to me yesterday. We had a playdate at a classmate's house.
Somehow, we spent 5 hrs there. Honestly, I don't know how that much time passed. It didn't FEEL like it.

We (the adults) chatted and chatted while the boys played. It's a miracle the kids didn't fight at all (something that has always happened between these boys.)

I feel so embarrassed that I stayed that long. I think back trying to figure out if the mom tried to give me hints to go home.
I just don't know how it turned out to be 5 hrs later.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#244 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM

DOK- I think it was mean't to be. I have a friend who I will visit ever few weeks and we are like that, I will intend to stay about 1-2 hours but we will get chatting and suddenly the it is almost dinner time.

Redveg- how big a barn do you have? I would love a nice barn where I could cook in the summer. I have very fond memories of my Uncle's barn and jumping off the hayloft.

My muffins turned out well. I was pleasantly pleased as I used maple syrup and no sugar.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#245 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 11:01 AM

I want pizza today. Anyone want to join me? tee hee.
The toppings can represent different aspects/things that we want in our lives. You name the toppings and what they stand for to you. When you eat it, you are taking it all into you so it becomes a part of you. (and then a part of the earth once you...erm...go to the bathroom.)

#246 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 11:55 AM

DOK, it sounds like y'all had fun! Enjoy!

Pizza...great idea. But I already have Chicken Italiano in the crock pot. I haven't tried it before. I put in chicken leg quarters with halved black olives, capers, italian seasonings, and canned tomatoes. We'll maybe have it with pasta and/or zucchini or some other veggie.

I have my friend's dd till tomorrow sometime. She and ds get along like brother and sister Either famously or fighting. She's only been here like 2 hours and already they're in and out and in and out. I'm going to kick them both out till like way later! Argh! The things I do for my friends

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#247 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 PM

Holy Crap!!!

I just found this thread and the Summer Camp threads. I'm so behind. SUCK!! I'm honestly a little mad at myself

I've been busy doing things I want to do now that I'm not teaching the kids all day. But I really need to get back into the routine of them having some kind of 'school work' every day. I don't want to loose all the ground we gained as far as the boys focus and attention!!

Right now I'm sitting outside with a cup of coffee, and the kids are playing in the yard.

I don't know that I can catch up here and in the camp threads. I'm starting with the camp threads though

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#248 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 12:07 PM

AB, lol! then we wont tell you about the third pagan time eating thread.....

dok, awesome pizza idea! what do black olives mean, then? we had pizza last night.

clay-- hope the driving and parking went well and the finger is healing! maybe we should add US healing to the earth healing camp.... hugs!!!

so, it *started* to rain, then stopped. bummer. we need it so bad!

thanks for the smudging thoughts. i'm going to do some more now and then again after the work is done... and i found some tiny sparkly beads in my crafting bag that we might just toss in some holes in walls....

happy weekend, all! no special plans here... just driftin' along....
#249 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 PM

what?! No, now you have to tell me, or link me or something hahaa! I really do want to catch up, so no one post!!! Just kidding. I think I'll start with page one of this thread, then I'll read the week one camp thread, then page 2 of this, then week 2. then page 3.

holy crap. That's over 1000 posts.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#250 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
so, it *started* to rain, then stopped. bummer. we need it so bad!
Oh I might just the thing after researching some broom magick this weekend, Aweyn!
Get your broom out darling and ask for some rain!! Bristles up - and swing the broom in the air clockwise around - let me see if I can find a rhyme to go with it....

ETA: no rhyme to call the rain - It's through intent, though I did find the old rhyme - rain, rain go away come back here another day as a way to end the rain (swinging the broom counterclockwise)

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#251 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
what?! No, now you have to tell me, or link me or something hahaa! I really do want to catch up, so no one post!!! Just kidding. I think I'll start with page one of this thread, then I'll read the week one camp thread, then page 2 of this, then week 2. then page 3.

ohhhh, wowza, are you kidding me? ok, well, here's the thread, just in case you want more reading..... (it may not even apply to you, though, so you'd be off the hook... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Oh I might just the thing after researching some broom magick this weekend, Aweyn!
Get your broom out darling and ask for some rain!! Bristles up - and spin yourself while holding the broom in the air clockwise around - let me see if I can find a rhyme to go with it....
ohh, yes, please! (eta: bummer. well, i'll do what i can! maybe i shall burn my "mountain rain" incense...)
#252 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 12:40 PM

oh! Whew, I'm already subbed to that one. But haven't been participating. It proved to just been too much to keep up with. Sorry guys!

#253 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#254 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 03:57 PM

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#255 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 05:22 PM

#256 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Redveg- how big a barn do you have?
It's 30' by 36' Jut under 1200sqft. We are starting with the barn then moving on to build the house. My DH is doing the work, so it's taking us longer than we thought.

#257 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 06:01 PM

It is so hot right now. I am thankful we have a basement where it is a bit cooler. It wants to rain, but just won't so there is that extra humidity in the air that is just horrible. I tell you I need a pool.

#258 of 507 Old 07-16-2010, 06:08 PM

RedVeg- What kind of house are you planning to build- style? I always had planned on building but land anywhere near where we wanted to live was seriously overpriced.

#259 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I have got a few things to do today and 3 of them will take me to Concord. Now I can't go to Concoed and not hit the Borders. Plus I think I will hit the Co-Op too.

Any plans for the weekend? We will be working on our barn, trying to get it finnished so we can get over to our property.

I hope everyone has a great day and fun weekend
Shaping up to be an awesome weekend here I couldn't pass up borders either (although it's ridiculously expensive here... I still go in everytime we're near one of the few we have lol)

So you're building the barn on your property and then your house? Are you going to be living on site while you build? Sounds exciting! And nervewracking

We were supposed to take the boys over to mum's for swimming today (their lesson is at 815africkinm.. and we're 45mins away!) but we all overslept Somehow daim's mobile alarm didn't go off, which is weird since it's his usually alarm clock for work and it always works fine! So we are taking it as a cue to stay home and enjoy the day After swim we were going to leave the boys with the IL's and go to a big tertiary education expo in the city, as I'm considering uni programs.. possibly distance ed for now. But my antibiotics are giving me a whopping headache, and my gf msg'd me from there saying OMG there is NO standing room in here! So, I'm kinda glad we didn't go in I'll just get any info I want/need by phone thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I feel so embarrassed that I stayed that long. I think back trying to figure out if the mom tried to give me hints to go home.
I just don't know how it turned out to be 5 hrs later.
I have been on both ends of that, been over at someone house far longer than I realized as well as had friends over here far longer than we realized I wouldn't feel too weird about it really... maybe just comment that WOW we must have lost track of time, so I'd say the day was a hit! With friends visiting here, as long as we're not trying to feed the boys dinner, get em bathed and into bed when they leave, I'm pretty happy to make a day of it

Quote:
oh! Whew, I'm already subbed to that one. But haven't been participating. It proved to just been too much to keep up with. Sorry guys!
thats the same problem I'm having, so don't feel bad! I'm just sorely lacking in weight loss motivation (althgouh, I watched a jamie oliver show last night that's set in the US where he's trying to change a school systems 'meals' and zomg, some of the things those ppl ate scared me. And EVERY single one of them was obese, yet they didn't see it as a problem to feed their school kids the same foods that got them that way? It was depressing)

Today, dh has taken his van up to get the rear tires replaced.. it's needed doing for a few months, oops. Then we'll likely do a whole lotta not much hehehe. We have to put the bed in Derricks room, probably hang out outside with the kids and enjoy the gorgeous weather (might as well be spring, not the middle of winter lol.. it's typical for us though) Dinner plans are chicken breasts on the bbq with a honey soy marinade , silverbeet bake for us grown ups, whatever veggies are int he fridge for the boys (they won't touch silverbeeet lol) and some nice bread rolls maybe.

DH made chocolate chip muffins for the boys earlier and quinn wandered around licking a huge spatula covered with chocolate, we joked he might return us a stick

DOk, I got friended by a couple of ppl from on this list in the last few days Hopefully it's one of those three, if so you'll be happy to have them I think

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#260 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 12:51 AM

oooh I watched Jamie Oliver too....I was a week behind everyone else when it aired because I missed the first episode. But it was good!!

#261 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 03:21 AM

Thank you all the healing thoughts. Got the pathology lab results today. My thing is just a thing. I had the same kind of growth last July. The wound is healing nicely, but the lab results showed they didn't get it all, so there is a chance it will regrow, then they will have to cut out a bigger piece. ugh.

We've had odd zigzag weather. Beautiful this afternoon. Supposed to be mostly sunny and maybe even up to 70 tomorrow. There is a hike I've wanted to do all summer, but it is in a rather windy & wet valley. I'm really hoping the weather cooperates.

I mentioned earlier this month (or last?) about watching the bore tide and whirlpools. I finally got some better video (although the audio is pretty bad, too much wind). www.vimeo.com/aknaturegirl

DD is frustrated with her crawling. The lip of an area rug is thwarting her efforts Outside Mr. Merly, our neighborhood merlin, is shrieking "keykeykeykey" all around. He's brought 3 meals to his "wife" and babies in the last hour. The bad news is that b/c of the merlins, we have no songbirds this summer (merlins hunt small birds). I'm hoping the return this fall.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#262 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Shaping up to be an awesome weekend here I couldn't pass up borders either (although it's ridiculously expensive here... I still go in everytime we're near one of the few we have lol)

So you're building the barn on your property and then your house? Are you going to be living on site while you build? Sounds exciting! And nervewracking

We were supposed to take the boys over to mum's for swimming today (their lesson is at 815africkinm.. and we're 45mins away!) but we all overslept Somehow daim's mobile alarm didn't go off, which is weird since it's his usually alarm clock for work and it always works fine! So we are taking it as a cue to stay home and enjoy the day After swim we were going to leave the boys with the IL's and go to a big tertiary education expo in the city, as I'm considering uni programs.. possibly distance ed for now. But my antibiotics are giving me a whopping headache, and my gf msg'd me from there saying OMG there is NO standing room in here! So, I'm kinda glad we didn't go in I'll just get any info I want/need by phone thanks

(althgouh, I watched a jamie oliver show last night that's set in the US where he's trying to change a school systems 'meals' and zomg, some of the things those ppl ate scared me. And EVERY single one of them was obese, yet they didn't see it as a problem to feed their school kids the same foods that got them that way? It was depressing)
I ended up missing the borders. I try not to buy too many books, but love going in to read and relax a bit.

I would have taken it as a sign to stay at home too. The house and barn, well right now I live on a bit over 4 acres and our other property is 20 acres. We are building the barn first so we can empty this place out and put it up for sale. It's hard to sell a house when you have as many animals as I do. I am living at my smaller place until building is complete, but at the rate things are going it could be years.

I watched that Jamie Oliver show. It was depressing. I can't believe how hard the school system makes it to change things for the better. The food pyramid is a joke, and they a forced to follow it even though they know it's not healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
Thank you all the healing thoughts. Got the pathology lab results today. My thing is just a thing.

I mentioned earlier this month (or last?) about watching the bore tide and whirlpools. I finally got some better video (although the audio is pretty bad, too much wind). www.vimeo.com/aknaturegirl
on your thing just being a thing.

The video was great. Boy, it's beautiful there.

#263 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:

DOk, I got friended by a couple of ppl from on this list in the last few days Hopefully it's one of those three, if so you'll be happy to have them I think
I think it's actually someone from WAY back when I had a Due Date Club. I feel bad but I think I'm going to delete her. I don't like the idea of people that I don't 'know' well read about my life.
My blog is different because it's meant to be read by the general public.

#264 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
With friends visiting here, as long as we're not trying to feed the boys dinner, get em bathed and into bed when they leave, I'm pretty happy to make a day of it
I don't know if it's my not-give-a-sh*t bone, but I've gotten bold about that. I just tell people, very kindly and with a smile, "I'm to have to kick you out in about 15 minutes. I have to start the night-time routine" or whatever. People are very kind about it and don't get offended, which is nice!

Quote:
and zomg, some of the things those ppl ate scared me. And EVERY single one of them was obese, yet they didn't see it as a problem to feed their school kids the same foods that got them that way?
Right?

Quote:
silverbeet bake for us grown ups, whatever veggies are int he fridge for the boys (they won't touch silverbeeet lol)
What's silverbeet? I am pretty sure I've asked that before, but I forgot

Quote:
That's really pretty! And so cool! I'm glad your thing was just a thing, but sorry they didn't get all of it. Hope next time they get it all!

M is happy and sober today He had a friend (J) over last night and they did not drink YAY!
and we talked for awhile on the phone and we are so, so smitten with one another, still
I brought his ring home with me this trip and had them both engraved, his and mine. Just got them back yesterday and they look awesome
Now I have to mail his back to him.

Off to start my day.

#265 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 01:25 PM

AB, no worries! lol. but i will say, i've lost 5 lbs since i joined, and i've not done anything differently....

liza, yay!

redveg, ok i missed that about the barn and property.... wow. i'm so envious of you and clay with dhs that can do that work. not that i dont love mine, lol... but he's not the practical sort of guy-- though, i shouldnt say that. he's done really great stuff on our house. but i feel a little whimpy for paying someone to do drywall and plaster work on our house, then read about the stuff you and clay do. especially as i have a vast fantasy life where i single handedly build myself one of those hobbit holes.... sigh. at any rate, sounds wonderful.

had a splendid night at the pool, but we're all exhausted this morning, and coffee is not working. dh is doing class planning, ds is playing beads, and i'm just trying not to think too much. we're supposed to have good rains this weekend, so i'm hoping they hit and refresh me! <rain dance icon here>

happy weekend, all!
#266 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Not much outta me either.. I have a UTI and I'm miserable. Trying to get to see my doc today... cranberry juice didn't do quite enough, now I feel like someone punched me in the kidney

We have a very unwell rat, and I think that dh & I may have to help him leave his poor body. He's lost a lot of weight and seems to be spending all his energy just to breathe We have a rat medical booklet that gives a painless and human way to do it (a lot of vets won't let you be in with them, and they just throw the rat in a bag in a freezer.. alive! or WORSE) At least doing it ourselves we can pet the little dude and he will just 'go to sleep' and not wake up. *sigh*
sorry about the rat and the uti, are you SURE your drinking 100% cranberry juice and not cocktail and enough of it? sometimes its tricky. try the cranberry tablets too if the juice is too much.

Quote:

Travel plan update! My ex is going to talk to travel agents and see if anyone can get a better deal, or less stops etc... but it looks that D will be flying right around August 5th YE GODS, so much to do, so little time! We're ninja'ing (erm.. borrowing hehe) a double bed from the IL's .. then we'll buy him one of his own so they can have theirs back. But he'll need sheets & bedding and somewhere to put his clothes and a little desk of some sort for his computer (because we all know 17yo boys are just bereft without their computers... yeah... only 17yo boys.. nobody else *gryn*) Add to that, there's not much cash flow right now (end of financial year hubub) and EEEEEEK! BUT ... all will work out, we didn't come this far to let bedding and furniture be an issue
yay! for 17 year olds! you all must be so excited, i think a count down calender is totes a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Huge hugs and hopes for a FAST dental visit DoK. Laia has her first "dental work" visit tomorrow and I'm very much not ok with it. I'm terrified actually. I wish we had a children's hospital or even a ped dentist around here. Hang in there sweetie, and fast recovery to the little one.

WE PASS.
Assuming all that is done? The code guys give us a thumbs up and our house will be legit.

Oh my lords... I'm tired just thinking about it!
positive vibes for passing! and the dental work.

Quote:
A clean house. I dream of a clean house!

I added a few more pictures of the house demo/reno here. In one picture you can see the wall and in most of the others you see the door! Yay for turning walls into doors!
i dream of a clean house too. and thanks for the pics,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Earn your way?? Earn? No way, redveg, you are welcome here no matter what. We all contribute or not, depending on our circumstances. It's just like being in a roomful of people. You don't always have to talk Welcome back!
Don't they have Freecycle there? You oughtta start one. If not, maybe a thrift store?

NAET-- no money. No insurance. I'm trying Benadryl today. We'll keep trying that for a couple of days and if that doesn't work, we'll try something new.

M gave me his wedding (handfasting?) ring to take home with me to get them engraved. We couldn't find a place where he lives, plus even if we had it prolly woulda been a bazillion dollars compared to here. So I brought them both home and we'll have them tomorrow!
YAY. We are so special together
Hopefully sometime in the next year or so, we'll have the money for matching tattoos. Before we get too old and wrinkly for tattoos
yay! for ring engraving. my special ring form my grampa is engraved. i love it so. BOO! for no insurance! yay! for freecycle. the f.c. here generally rocks.

Quote:

ok, question about smudging... i've been burning incense in all the rooms of the new place, but i was waiting to do my major smudge once all the work is done. i'm wondering now if i shouldnt maybe do more before that, though? the floors are getting redone and everything painted... but that's feeling like adding new energy, so i'm starting to think i ought to smudge/salt sweep, etc before that? any thoughts? maybe do it now and then again after?
i would do it along the way too. you want this place to be yours right?

Quote:
Having a tough day... cut my finger pretty badly, made it through dd1's dental visit but have no idea how we'll manage from here (needs 8 teeth drilled ), Ro's getting more "sensory sensitive" rather than less (I just cancelled her preschool program), and...well... it's been a day.

I have a fun BBQ planned at a friend's house tonight but since I've never driven there it's going to be a major panic attack (she lives downtown, and I'll be parking the minivan on the road)... so I do have fun things to look forward to, but getting to that fun point is feeling harder and harder.

Wish me luck and stable vibes!
driving vibes and how is your finger? i've cut myself pretty bad working in kitchens and it can really hurt.

Quote:
Shaping up to be an awesome weekend here
I'm just sorely lacking in weight loss motivation (althgouh, I watched a jamie oliver show last night that's set in the US where he's trying to change a schools.
his recipes are fantastic on his website too. he has a show where he picks stuff from the garden, and cooks fresh. good good food.

Quote:
Thank you all the healing thoughts. Got the pathology lab results today. My thing is just a thing. I had the same kind of growth last July. The wound is healing nicely, but the lab results showed they didn't get it all, so there is a chance it will regrow, then they will have to cut out a bigger piece. ugh.

the video! thanks. and the thing being just a thing must be a HUGE relief. yay! for good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

What's silverbeet? I am pretty sure I've asked that before, but I forgot

M is happy and sober today He had a friend (J) over last night and they did not drink YAY!
and we talked for awhile on the phone and we are so, so smitten with one another, still
I brought his ring home with me this trip and had them both engraved, his and mine. Just got them back yesterday and they look awesome
Now I have to mail his back to him.

Off to start my day.
oh good, the ring thing went well, and good for having fun without drinking. i am so glad i am not the only one who wondered about silverbeet. now i am really curious.

things here are good. ian is at his dad's and i am just hanging out. i gotta get some work done today. i cleaned the house yesterday and laundry needs to be done. where is the get laundry done fairy? we only seem to have the get the clothes dirty fairy. whats up with that?

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#267 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 02:00 PM

Cari - can I get your cheesy silverbeet bake recipe? Silverbeet is chard right?

Today is jam packed of craziness!

Farmer's market and playing with kids/families from the SAHD group

workout/ and visit new babies

BBQ

Girls night out to cheer a friend

I'll be back after the whirlwind had died down

#268 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
AB, no worries! lol. but i will say, i've lost 5 lbs since i joined, and i've not done anything differently....
What did you join? What did I miss?

Silverbeet...chard. Yes. That was it, I think. Yum chard! Especially rainbow chard!

We just had baked tofu (rolled in tamari, then flour/nutritional yeast with garlic, onion powder, salt, italian seasoning, pepper), udon noodles, and fresh green beans with freshly gathered chicken mushrooms
And ice cream for dessert...I really can't keep ice cream in the house.

Clay, your addition is really coming along!

Cari, how are you feeling? What day does Derrick arrive again?

Ian's mom, thanks about the rings and the soberness I lurve my ring now. They're just plain inexpensive 10K white gold from Walmart but they're truly ours now!

#269 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My DH is doing the work, so it's taking us longer than we thought.

The story of DIY I think. We've been drywalling today. We will be drywalling tomorrow. And then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed I think... this is going to take a good, long, while. At least it's not dangerous, right? I was having kittens with DH putting up the roof by himself. The kiddos have been mudding too. So another silver lining is that drywal mud/joint compound washes off easily.

Tor has a bruise right between his eyes... Ro smacked him with a metal jack-in-the-box. She's been having a real week... many MANY tantrums, panic attacks, bad dreams, night terrors. And really intense sensory responses along with a lot of hitting/kicking/smashing. I'm afraid I let loose and yelled, loudly, at one point. I wish I could figure out what is going on. I cancelled her preschool position (she is NOT ready) but I don't know what to do.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#270 of 507 Old 07-17-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:

The story of DIY I think. We've been drywalling today. We will be drywalling tomorrow. And then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed I think... this is going to take a good, long, while. At least it's not dangerous, right? I was having kittens with DH putting up the roof by himself. The kiddos have been mudding too. So another silver lining is that drywal mud/joint compound washes off easily.

Tor has a bruise right between his eyes... Ro smacked him with a metal jack-in-the-box. She's been having a real week... many MANY tantrums, panic attacks, bad dreams, night terrors. And really intense sensory responses along with a lot of hitting/kicking/smashing. I'm afraid I let loose and yelled, loudly, at one point. I wish I could figure out what is going on. I cancelled her preschool position (she is NOT ready) but I don't know what to do.
Humm... DH is doing that kind of job for living and it has it's lot of hazard. And there is silica in the dust when you sand... so not a good thing to inhale.

Tantrums: I'm thinking there must be something in the sky cause it's tantrum's fest here too! DD2 even unbuckled herself on the highway and tried to open the door!!!

Ladies, my adult DD is (probably) coming back home... I'll need support.

Valérie   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page