~}{~July Pagan Circle~}{~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
May the sun shine warm, the breeze blow gentle, and the rain fall soft upon you

May the people speak joy, the plants speak peace, and the animals speak wisdom to you

and may your foot find the path to balance no matter where you step!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy July All!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#2 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 09:41 AM

Valérie   
#3 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 AM

It's a new month. Is there anything you've been wanting to do but just haven't gotten around to it? Make it happen this month!
Now tell me what it is that you're going to be doing.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#4 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

I'm going to keep moving forward with the MM/exercise program.

I'm going to add my daily devotionals to the official to-do list and take that time for myself.

I'm going to say THANK YOU every single day.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#5 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 AM

I am going to be so thankful for the pool to get finished this month! Done with big construction projects, done with working on said projects until 9pm every stinking night.
I am also going to spend more time snuggling dh, and relaxing with the girls. (in the pool!)

July is a fun month for us- bdays, camping, just having a good time. Bring on July.

I've been sitting here, looking at my calender, trying to figure out what day it is...
Alrighty, now the calendar is flipped to July. This month is titled "giving / to offer freely" and there is a drawing of bees on honeycomb and purple coneflowers. Remember way back the beginning of this year, when we talked about focus words? Then I saw this calendar & knew it was the one?

clearly I am sleep deprived
#6 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 AM

ooh, a new month! i'm popping in to say hello before the thread becomes ginormous and i'm so far behind that i don't even click.

in july, the thing i've been meaning to do that i finally will, is leave my dysfunctional marriage. i hope that will open the door to a lot of other things i've been meaning to do / change / not do, that i somehow haven't had the energy or confidence for.
#7 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 AM

I will get my classes ready to go ahead of time and not last minute. I will be mindful of my friends and surroundings, and I will eat better.

Come ponder with me about food!
#8 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 AM

Great challenge!

Gonna have some fun, get closer to the body I want, support my family and friends, do some home renos.

Got people coming over so can't be on much right now. I'll probably be all over this thread on the weekend when most of you are celebrating the 4th.

to all of you and especially doubledutch. Good luck!
#9 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 01:14 PM

ah, july! good things coming this month, i feel!

dok, mine's easy: i'm going to move into my new home. what's yours?

clay~ wow, is july like that there? my version for here: may the sun be muted by clounds, the winds violent, and the rains torrential..... i lurve monsoon season!

(from last month) thank you, everyone, for the hugs and super lovey thoughts. i never knew. i have had a tendency to take over things when they're a mess, and not get credit if they go well, but get the blame if they dont, so it pushed some old sore spots. i shall look at it in the light you're all casting on it. much more warm & fuzzy that way.

the funny thing is, neither tapping nor chakras were summer camp! (cycles was, although more a list by me than a true camp. there just wasnt much time for back and forth, and that to me is sort of key to really great camp.) chakras saphire and i did this spring as TM prep, cause it kept coming up, and tapping... gorsh, i dont remember... ah, it was a by-request-autumnal camp. (really? the chakra thread comes up in other threads? wowza.)

i am glad, though, that this summer, everyone seems more back to.... usual pagan camp zeal. i missed that energy, and i'm glad it's with us once more. it's after all, sort of what we're known for!

re: heart home week~ i can not find a local copy of the de lint book, so i probably couldnt do it in time anyway, but maybe i'll continue the oddly-timed-camp-spirit, and do one in the fall. home's a good fall pagan topic, anyway....

yay, canada! funny, i almost bought a maple sugar leaf candy at the health food store yesterday, couldnt figure out why it was calling me... now i wish i had! yum.

going to the mountains for the weekend. hug some trees, that sort of thing.

hope everyone's july is off to a great start! hugs and vibes to all. and thank you again for the sweet and wonderful replies to my peevishness. xoxoxox
#10 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks everyone. i have been looking forward to this thread.

i am going to visit with friends more, and work on my etsy, artfire and stand alone shops. i want them done!

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#11 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
It's a new month. Is there anything you've been wanting to do but just haven't gotten around to it? Make it happen this month!
That is funny, because answering that question is what my blog was about yesterday.

#1 Most important to me at the moment, is that I have an appointment on the 7th, to interview with admissions to get into the return to college program at the local campus of the state university. And I got my admission fees waved, woohoo!

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#12 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 01:50 PM

Happy July.

I will do everything in my power to no longer let certain people take the power of my happiness from me.

I realized my kids needed stimulation so we're back to doing schoolwork which they've been grateful to do.

I'm waiting to hear back with the official offer for the job. This Sunday the kids and I will check out the UU church. Pretty excited about that. I realize there are things on my TM that I thought I had one reason for putting on but in fact it showed me something else. I have on there to feel more spiritual and now I'm possibly going to join the UU church.

I also Have a picture of a pot of flowers for growth and I'm beginning to make that journey to stop being held down and grow again. It wasn't the way I had in mind but it's still happening. Strange how I didn't notice that!

We're taking a small break from math then on to language arts, yoga, reading, rune symbols, then playtime outside.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#13 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM

um... searching online is so dangerous... looking for an herbal remedy i found earlier this summer, i found this.... check out these brooms.....
#14 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 02:42 PM

Ooh, I love the broom with the Tree Spirit carving.

I wish everyone good luck, happiness, and strength in all that you do this month.

#15 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 02:44 PM

oh goodness I was still trying to figure out why no one was posting today (I was following the June thread)

will be back shortly after catching up

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#16 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
yay, canada! funny, i almost bought a maple sugar leaf candy at the health food store yesterday, couldnt figure out why it was calling me... now i wish i had! yum.
See? Shoulda listened to instinct. I lurve maple sugar candy!
OK, excuse my ignorance, but...what is Canada Day? Is it an independence thing? Or just a celebration of Canada-ness? Happy Canada Day, at any rate!

Quote:
um... searching online is so dangerous... looking for an herbal remedy i found earlier this summer, i found this.... check out these brooms.....
Check out those prices! Yikes. Those carvings actually look sort of like this walking stick I got in Chimney Rock for just $2 once.

I let DS wear one of my crystals this morning and I just noticed the crystal is gone from the ribbon Which is sad enough, but his flippant attitude is really bothering me

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#17 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Hi all... having a not-so fabulous day, but not the worst of them all either. (Just work stuff).

But Happy July!!

signature currently in transition
#18 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Clean out the rest of the "clutter" from my house, and donate it

Take a 1 week vacation at home with my family

Take a deep breath everyday, and remember to believe and have faith

Tell the important people in my life, how important they are, loved and cherished

Be thankful and say thank you everyday

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#19 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 08:33 PM

Happy July! Happy Canada Day, Eh?

Quote:
I have one of those! I adore it and feel it was worth every penny. Although, I did feel called to have an uncarved broom for some reason, and I don't think it was just the $. The guy who made mine was trained to make them (the brooms not the carvings) by women in Appalachia he went there to learn, I think. He seemed to put so much love and energy into his work and appeared to be deeply connected to the materials knowing where he got every branch or piece of straw. He comes to an Artisan Faire in my area every Dec.

Quote:
Good prompt!
Energy balancing work daily.
Heart pumping movement.
NOURISHING my mind, body & spirit (my word for the year)
Finding room for JOY every single day
FINALLY cleaning out the garage and office (my goal is to keep no more than 1/4 of what is there).
Saturday my family's going to this: http://peterpantheshow.com/ I'm excited to see the new version. DD saw the theatrical Peter Pan on stage when she was 2, and he was her imaginary friends for 3 years. He went every where with us. Sometimes he'd ride in the car, but mostly he'd fly along side us. I miss him. "I believe in faeries!"

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#20 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Take a deep breath everyday, and remember to believe and have faith
This, right now. I'm losing my MIND from anxiety and stress. It's the end of a VERY long day, with a ds not on meds.
I just. can. not. believe. how. HYPER that kid can get. It makes my whole attitude all squirrely and I breathe shallow and my shoulders are all hunched and tight.
I am not all that mellow by nature, but boyoboy I am Buddha compared to my kid. He makes me SO, so antsy.
And he never, EVER shuts up. Constant movement, constant noise. I'm a silence kind of gal. Ye Gods. I like slow. And silent.
What in the world lesson did I not learn, or something? I thought I was a patient person.

Sigh. Thanks for listening.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#21 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ro spiked a 103+ fever a few hours ago... and I feel rotten. She was impossible to deal with today and I actually smacked her hand (she'd just slapped dd1's face hard enough to leave a mark, but still, hard to enforce a no hitting rule when a parent hits, right?). But she was probably going off like that because this virus was taking hold. I already felt bad, now I feel horrible! Poor kiddo spent the last few hours curled up in my lap. Which sent Tor down the path to screaming fussbutt.

It was one of those days I guess. But hopefully the month perks up. And on the thankful side, our grain mill arrived, we have a generator, and I placed an order for a really nice first aid kit (all courtesy of my mom). I was able to do most of the MM tasks for the day, I exercised, and it was sunny (but coooooold.... yesterday and today we ran the stove with nighttime temps in the 40s). I'd love a monsoon....

#22 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
This, right now. I'm losing my MIND from anxiety and stress. It's the end of a VERY long day, with a ds not on meds.
I just. can. not. believe. how. HYPER that kid can get. It makes my whole attitude all squirrely and I breathe shallow and my shoulders are all hunched and tight.
I am not all that mellow by nature, but boyoboy I am Buddha compared to my kid. He makes me SO, so antsy.
And he never, EVER shuts up. Constant movement, constant noise. I'm a silence kind of gal. Ye Gods. I like slow. And silent.
What in the world lesson did I not learn, or something? I thought I was a patient person.

Sigh. Thanks for listening.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#23 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Ro spiked a 103+ fever a few hours ago... and I feel rotten. She was impossible to deal with today and I actually smacked her hand (she'd just slapped dd1's face hard enough to leave a mark, but still, hard to enforce a no hitting rule when a parent hits, right?). But she was probably going off like that because this virus was taking hold. I already felt bad, now I feel horrible! Poor kiddo spent the last few hours curled up in my lap. Which sent Tor down the path to screaming fussbutt.

It was one of those days I guess. But hopefully the month perks up. And on the thankful side, our grain mill arrived, we have a generator, and I placed an order for a really nice first aid kit (all courtesy of my mom). I was able to do most of the MM tasks for the day, I exercised, and it was sunny (but coooooold.... yesterday and today we ran the stove with nighttime temps in the 40s). I'd love a monsoon....
for you too.

#24 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
And he never, EVER shuts up. Constant movement, constant noise. I'm a silence kind of gal.
I totally get it. Even the professional (neuropsych) that is evaluating ds was a bit surprised (and wiped out) from ds's constant movement. So, I know we'll be adding the official diagnosis of ADHD to our growing list.
I, too, like quiet. Especially in the morning. The moment ds wakes up, he starts talking (with no concept of volume control.) It makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

Today was a rough day with my ds's behavior. The fact that I've felt queasy all day (and getting worse) doesn't help.

Quote:
It was one of those days I guess.

#25 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 PM
gun

Happy July!!! Boy, how did that sneak up on me?!

We have been under a bit of stress here. DD1 was to the doc to discuss the possibility of some allergies to foods and dyes etc. Well, it didn't seem to look like a sensitivity issue to her and she is leaning towards a DX of ADHD. Soooo, we are processing. Anyhow, we have been setting up a the backyard as a play land for her to burn off some of her energies. Things work best here when she is moving at light-speed. Between her dance class and gym class we are BUSY! And we are changing up our diets toot-sweet. I never imagined sugar withdrawals would be so event-filled.

My 2 goals - I am being drawn towards the Quaker testimony of simplicity and want to more fully explore that. (and get our taxes done. I know but yadda-yadda, texas, adoption, sellling in-laws house, buying ours, moving, attachment issues, yadda-yadda.)

CLAY - would you PM me your list too of emergency preparedness supplies? I love that kind of stuff!

Peace- Heather
#26 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 PM

Thanks for the hug, FR I feel kind of spoiled after reading your post, Clay. I've got one hyper kid and you've got 3, with a sick one. I'm sorry

I made ds go in his room after our friends left, and stay there without making a single squeak for 10 minutes before I could face going in there. I don't know how he managed it.
I read to him for 10 minutes and then left him to go to sleep.

M got on webcam with me for a couple of minutes, after that He calms me right down when I'm feeling squirrely like that. He doesn't really DO anything. He just says 'Here I am; I'm here, baby" and I can breathe again

4 more days, mamas I can not WAIT to see him!

I have so much to do before I go. I have packing to do for ds's camping trip (which I thought was the 17th-24th but is the 12th-17th, so somehow he has to get there before I get home and then when I get home, *I* have to get ready to go-- I'm helping with cooking and whatnot to defray the cost of the camp for ds) and I have to pack for me to go to Boston and I have some grocery shopping to do, for while I'm gone, because the larder is bare (of fresh stuff, anyway), and...and...and... *pant, pant* !!
Oh, and I have to charge ds's pay-as-you-go phone up with minutes, and finish laundry, and....ye gods, I know I have it all written down, but I feel like I'm missing major stuff. Yikes.
Still. I am so ready to be in M's arms.

Then the day I get back from Boston I have to remember to tweak my TM before I head off to camping.
Not to mention all ds's insurance woes. Sigh.

Breathe in, breathe out.

#27 of 507 Old 07-01-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
It was one of those days I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
DD1 was to the doc to discuss the possibility of some allergies to foods and dyes etc. Well, it didn't seem to look like a sensitivity issue to her and she is leaning towards a DX of ADHD. Soooo, we are processing.
hon. They thought that with ds and found it was SPD. I like the idea of the play land for her. Ds never stands still so I have one spot in the home for him to spin in a constant circle, run, or jump. That's of course if we can't get outside.

I decided to make some homemade cornmeal blueberry muffins. They're sooooo good. And now my home smells awesome.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#28 of 507 Old 07-02-2010, 08:37 AM

Clay- I wouldn't mind having your list.
I'd especially like to know which first aid kit you got.

#29 of 507 Old 07-02-2010, 08:54 AM

Happy July!

This is the month of my middle guy's birthday. Because of that July always makes me smile. Theo will be 7 in a few weeks. He is my current hyper, never stops moving, never stops talking boy. His brother was once...but he's outgrown that and has begun settling into being an awesome young man...so I know there is light at the end of this particular tunnel.

Enjoying a reprieve from record temps here...it was actually cold the last few nights. But they are going back up tomorrow. Bummer. I really dislike summer. I love fall and spring and can tolerate winter, but summer, nope.

Maryhippie.gif

#30 of 507 Old 07-02-2010, 10:15 AM

GUN- Keep researching to food allergies and get to a naturopath. My good friends's dd had some "issues" they were dealing with, and with the addition of some vitamins, elimination of different allergens, and some other techniques, they saw a huge change in her behavior, ability to focus and general mood.

Clay- thinking of you!

Maia-Can you give DS some heavy work, like weeding or moving things to help him calm his body and reorganize it? I know you said he whines/complains when asked to do the simplest things, but maybe helping you clean up the yard will help?

DOK- thinking of you!

Had a nice dinner with the kids and dh, had a nice spread of food and then watched Criminal Minds. Please remind me to not watch tv before bed. OK? I tossed and turned all night.

I picked up a few books at the Salvation Army- 1 spell book, and two books a=with the word Witch in the title. I will the titles once I get off my butt and grab them from the car.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page