Anyone ever have a psychic reading that was accurate? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2010, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had readings in the past but they were always wrong. I believe that some people have a gift but they are few and far between.

I was going to buy a reading on the "ask the intuitive board" but decided not to when I read some of her prior answers. For example, A woman was 33 or so weeks pregnant and said she had 2 boys and wanted to know the gender of the baby she was carrying. The intuitive said " Girl all the way
And from what I can tell, she is going to be super girly"

Well, this pregnant woman ended up having her 3rd baby boy so the intuitive was wrong.

Of course, there are no guarantees, but it just made me wonder if there is anyone out there who had a reading in the past that was so accurate that it freaked them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I had a very accurate reading several years ago and wish I'd gotten the name and contact information of the psychic who did the reading. For example, she asked me who in my family had died recently. When I said no one had, she looked confused. She then asked me if anyone in my family was gravely ill. I said no again. Still looking confused, she said that someone in my family would pass away and that I would be the main source of comfort for another family member, who would deeply grieve this person's death. I couldn't make heads or tails of this until about six months later when I traveled to Cuba to meet my mother's side of the family for the first time. I immediately bonded with my aunt Sayra. I learned that her husband had died the year before after a lengthy illness and that she'd been in a deep depression ever since. Several of my cousins commented that my visit had brought her to life again. That's when I realized that the person the psychic had asked me about was this uncle who'd died several months before the reading.

This was just one of several things that the psychic discussed that came true exactly as she predicted. And there are other things that haven't yet come to pass.

Mother of Mosole 5/23/2009
Old 07-01-2010, 06:28 PM

yes, I had a reading that was true, though at the time I laughed in her face. I had a very traumatic time with dd when she was born and for the first year and a half of her life. That was after having severe PPD with my eldest. I was done with kids and in no way wanted any more.

She asked me if I was expecting, to which I laughed. I told her I wasn't having any more. Then SHE laughed and said, well, it seems you are. A baby boy. He is going to change your life completely. He will be a part of you.

Ridiculous. I had awful PPD with both my kids and had never really bonded to them in the way that most mothers do.

Anyway-6 weeks or so after the reading I found out I was pregnant. I fell into a pretty deep depression and even wished on many occasions to miscarry. I cried the whole pregnancy. Well, lo and behold my son was born. It was a tough week or so, but my whole life DID change. He was the first that I bonded to in the way that it felt like my heart was on the outside of my body. He's 4 now, and my life has never been the same.

So, yes. That was a pretty crazy reading. I've had others, but that still seems very profound to me. In fact I had one where the intuitive told me the results of some blood tests before I had them, and she was right on all but one things. Given the number of things tested, that's pretty impressive. It was the same person both times.

Other readings I've had have been fairly....unhelpful. She was really gifted though. I have referred other to her and all had good results as far as they've told me.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:43 PM

i've had a couple of really good readings, not predicting the future and then it comes true, but helping with insight and clarification on things. and i've had not so great, as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:58 PM

Before I had DS, I had a reading. Most of it was ho-hum, but I did (stupidly, now that I think of it) ask if my baby was going to be okay. I was about 3 months pg at the time. She said that baby would be fine, but that she saw two doctors in the room, not one. I just kind of blew it off. When DS was born, there was meconium in my water, so there was a neonatalogist in the room to help, just in case. I didn't make the connection until later.

My group of girlfriends had a psychic come to one of our houses and do a reading for each one of us one night. She stayed in an upstairs room and had no interaction with us. I'd say for about 7 out of 9 of us she said at least a couple things that were either presently true or came true. My sister was there and the psychic told her that she would have another baby. At the time my sister was DONE! Well, a couple of months later dear sis had an "oops" and ended up pg again. The psychic told another friend that she would marry in the fall and have a baby in the spring. And she did about 2 years later. I was starting a new job and I asked how it would go, she told me it would be one of the best things that happened to me, and she was right.

But I've had a crappy one too, where everything the person said was a bunch of garbage, so I really believe it depends on the "psychic." If you can, get a reference from someone you know who's had a good reading!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 PM

I had a reading with Intuitive Jamie and it totally rocked.
I first asked on the mdc boards if we should wait to get pregnant and try now. She gave the big thumbs up and said it would happen soon.
TUrns out I peed on a stick two days later and I was pregnant (not what we were expecting At ALL).

I ended up getting a hour reading.

She admits that she doesn't always get everything right. We both feel like I am carrying a girl and the past few weeks I've been getting I'm not sure vibes. so we will see there.

She did ask if I was carrying twins because she also was getting a little boy vibe. Maybe she was picking up the energy of a future baby for me and possibly for the woman you are referring to.

She contacted my grandfather and I was so touched by what she said and it was very clear to me that it was real. This message in particular has been so beautiful. I have been talking to him since and feeling so empowered by it.

There were many things that felt right. Not all have come true yet, because of time issues, but it was powerful. I liked her especially because it was more than a reading. I also felt guided about decisions.

Looking forward to getting another reading from her within a week or two.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Yes, I had one accurate reading. So I believe there are those with a gift.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 PM

I have also had a reading with Intuitive Jamie at it really blew me away. I was shook up for days at the accuracy of her reading. I actually ended up doing a month of Intuitive Counseling later on with Jamie and it helped me to heal and release some nasty wounds I had been carrying around with me for quite awhile. I highly, highly recommend her. Not to mention she's a crunchy MDC momma so you can breastfeed your baby during the reading and not feel weird about it. :P

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

Old 07-06-2010, 11:38 PM

I have also had several readings with Jamie. She was right on target. She has a very healing energy.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Dia

Another one who had a reading with Jamie. It was amazing and really healing, to use the term others have said.

I think that sometimes intuitives pick up on different energies surrounding a person and that is why a reading is ideal, as opposed to a message board-message, because you can have a dialog, and clarify what she is seeing. If that makes sense.

But to answer your question, yes, a thousand times times yes.

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif
Old 07-07-2010, 12:22 AM

I posted in the Intuitive forum a while back. I can't say whether she was accurate, as the time line is two years from now. However, what she did give me was a tremendous amount of hope, which is just as important to me.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 AM

I worked for some psychics when I was a teenager. They were pretty much con artists.

I had a reading with Sylvia Brown's son a few years back. He was wrong about almost everything (got a few minor things right).

I've had maybe 6? readings with Charmarty (sp?) from here on MDC. She is amazing. She has gotten every little thing (and the big things!) right. It's spooky how much she knows and how good she is. I can't say enough good things about her.

I've had a reading from another MDC member, and it honestly wasn't all that great. But I'm not out to hurt anyone's business so I'll keep who it was private.

I do believe in psychics 100%. But it's like all things, that it can take a while to find the right person. Kind of like finding a good therapist, personal trainer, doctor, massage therapist, etc. There's good and bad out there and you should always consider recommendations and be willing to shop around a bit.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM

Interesting comment CrazyCatLady. Do you think that certain psychics are good matches for some and not for others.

I have to agree that my reading with Jamie was tremendously healing. I don't think that is the case with all psychics. I think she has a tremendous gift in that area.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 AM

Mammo2Sammo: I do agree some psychics are a good match, and some not; it is like any profession where there needs to be a good connection.

DH LOVES his massage therapist, he totally raves about her. I just couldn't get comfortable enough to relax when she tried to massage me (I was also 40+ weeks pregnant, and on a lunch break from work, so neither of those things helped).

Same for midwives/OB's. some people really connect and do well with certain providers, and others just don't.

I had a question on the Intuitive forum; I am not sure if it will happen yet, but we will find out eventually; at any rate she had the same "feeling" as I did, so it was a confirmation of sorts.

I had 2 others when I was TTC: one was with Cherie something, who was very detailed, and the only thing she was correct on was the "boy" part (FWIW, I believe she may have been "seeing" a future pregnancy, and not my first, as her response was very insightful). the second was with Jenny something, and she was brief, but accurate, except she predicted a girl. (she said November, and girl, specifically she "saw" November 7th, which was my due date for DS. He was actually born November 20th)

Some are gifted, some are gifted at conning people . . .get reccomendations!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 PM

I had a reading years ago-my friend talked me into it (I tend to have talents myself so I didn't feel the need). She offered to pay so I went ahead. The guy told me very specific details about a specific situation that I didn't know about yet-so I kind of blew it off. I found out a very short time later that he was immensely accurate. He also told me a few things that no one knew at all-he just knew.

I've also been the person to tell people things they needed to know, in fact one time when I was about 19 I went to get my palm read (I've been reading palms since I was 6 or so) and the woman sat me down, took one look at my hands and said 'Oh, you do this too-here, read my palm!" I wound up giving her an accurate reading. Interesting. It comes and goes, I don't always use it and it isn't always 'turned on'.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 12-27-2013, 12:27 PM

Can you please email me her name and contact info?

Thank you! 

Old 12-29-2013, 08:45 AM

I had a really good one in Sacramento California once. She was spot on with everything. She said my husband and I would have 4 kids, maybe twins. We plan on three (we have two), but I think the twin thing came from our daughter. We had a miscarriage due on Jan 3, and then 4 years later, my daughter was born on Jan 3. I assume that was where the maybe twins thing came from. I always thought it was odd how she said "maybe". There's an online psychic that did an amazing job describing my two kids while I was pregnant with them. She said my son would have trouble verbalizing his emotions until he was 5/6. She was totally right. And she said my daughter would "be good at everything", and she really is leaps and bounds ahead of her time. It's become a running family joke about how she's so type A. lol There were more details but for length purposes, I'll just say she was SPOT ON. 

DS 5 DD 2, one on the way!

User Tag List