~*~ August Pagan Familes Circle~*~ - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Maia, WOW! that is creepy! It would make me nervous too. It would make me question if he is a bit off? I would be firm, but leave no doubt that I wanted No contact. I know on fb you can block people, I wonder if you can do that with e-mail?
I don't know, about the email. I'm going to find out first, and then email him back. I will post my reply at the end of this post and see what you guys think. Man, now I'm getting paranoid-- I wonder if he tracks me on here?
I doubt it, but my paranoid-meter is ramping up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I have done that before, programmed myself to wake up at a specific time when I was worried about sleeping in. But can I use this for weight loss/health?
LMK what you come up with. I've also programmed myself to wake up, and found myself parking spots, and messed with green lights

Garden: Why don't you make a...well, an apple pie filling? Or a versatile chunky applesauce that can be used as an apple pie filling, or applesauce, or for tarts or apple crisp or cobbler?

Quote:
Maia - that message is just creepy, I agree. Even if he is just being a geek and not thinking about you as a person (as opposed to being deliberately stalkerish) that is creepy. I'd block him on every level. Do a ritual?
I stole your sentence about being a geek to add to my letter. What do y'all think of this, as a reply:

Quote:
Look, nothing personal, but there's a reason I have my FB account locked up tight. We're a very private family, and I don't want to be gotten hold of. If I did, I'd have my information wide open all over the 'net for anyone to find.
I feel hunted, and it feels very creepy to have someone go to the trouble of looking up 5-year-old posts of mine to find my email address, not to mention tossing my child's name around so casually. It feels rather much like stalking behavior. It would really behoove you to take people's feelings into consideration when you go tracking people down. I'm feeling rather violated.
Even if you are just being a geek and not thinking about me as a person (as opposed to being deliberately stalkerish), it feels creepy.
Please don't be offended if I don't want to pursue further contact.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#362 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maia, this is all I'd say. Do not engage the creepiness or give a reason for him to try to argue with you or get mad.

"Look, nothing personal, but there's a reason I have my FB account locked up tight. We're a very private family, and I don't want to be gotten hold of. If I did, I'd have my information wide open all over the 'net for anyone to find.

Please don't be offended if I don't want to pursue further contact"

I am considering doing something with the apples as a gift - I usually give caramel apple butter. Maybe I'll try one of those 'apple pie in a jar' recipes.

I really don't make pies or cobblers so have never made filling. Peeling apples is tedious, even with an apple peeler. Never need to peel for sauce or butter.
#363 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 05:11 PM

Maia--that freaks me out. I agree with Aubergine's edits, and then you can definitely block him on your email. I've had to do that with a few people, and it works just fine.

Come ponder with me about food!
#364 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 06:13 PM

How does one block someone on email?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#365 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 06:37 PM

it depends on who you get your email through...it's different for each one....:/

Come ponder with me about food!
#366 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
It is a fun book. I was reading a lot of Penzack a few months ago

What did you plant, redveg?
I have seen that book a few times, but never picked it up. I am going to have to check it out.

I planted tomatoes, peppers(hot and bell), cucumbers, pumpkins, squash, broccoli, beans, you name it I planted it. I try to can all the veggies we eat for the coming winter and into next season. This year it has gone wrong!! I will be lucky if I get tomatoes out of it? I moved my garden to a new spot took care of the soil, really got it ready but I think it isn't getting the sun it needs?? I have next year but it is disappointing

It sounds like your garden is doing well.

Quote:
Maia, this is all I'd say. Do not engage the creepiness or give a reason for him to try to argue with you or get mad.

"Look, nothing personal, but there's a reason I have my FB account locked up tight. We're a very private family, and I don't want to be gotten hold of. If I did, I'd have my information wide open all over the 'net for anyone to find.

Please don't be offended if I don't want to pursue further contact"
I agree 100%

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#367 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 06:54 PM

very irritated at my dd right now. she had a friend over and they stayed up late, we have to take her 1/2 way home which is one hour ONE WAY home, so it is at least a two hour drive. THEN they wanted to stop at a book store first. for some reason dh said OK and now they are just getting on the road back home (so at least an hour before they get here, that puts them getting home close to 4. dd needs to get school supplies, but has yet to make her list, so when she gets home and does that it will probably be after 5, which is dinner time,and then since everyone was up so darn late last night we need to get the boys to bed early. frick! she doesn't start till tuesday, but there is no way i am taking everyone to target (dh got a gift card there) to buy her school supplies tomorrow. SO either i go tonight OR tomorrow when dh gets home and he is tired and cranky and it is dinner time.
i ok'd her friend coming over because they were going to have her dropped off by noon.
it isn't like she does this alot, or really ever. it is just lately she doesn't seem to think about others.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#368 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 07:28 PM

Maia-all I can say is creepy with a capital "C".

It finally cooled here and I will say now, I'm addicted to the Goodwill. I got a Fisher Price aquarium cradle swing WITH batteries for only $15!

This morning, ds was out with dh walking the dog and dh wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. He ended up getting stung TWICE by a wasp. First time ever and he screamed his head off. I gave him some benedryl and pain reliver spray on the stings. He seems fine now.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#369 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
it depends on who you get your email through...it's different for each one....:/
OK so here is what I did. I am pretty darn sure I found the email blocker for my account and I blocked his email address, but not until I emailed him back as per Aubergine-- short, sweet, and to the point.

I also emailed M and told him what I'd done-- he's been up to speed on this whole thing, and he thought my original draft was good, though-- and then I thought, what if this guy gets another email addy to email me from?

IF that happens, I will have to call my email people and get my account name changed. We shall see. I hope I do not have to do that. I've had this email addy forEVAH.

#370 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 08:52 PM

Maia-I know there is a way to find out IP addresses. Those can't be changed as they are your computer's address. I think you right click on the name of the person and then go to properties. You'll see the address that way.

This was something we did when I was a moderator for a site and used this to watch out for those banned trying to come back under different email addresses.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#371 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 09:02 PM

Maia, hope this is over for good!

Unschoolinmom, hug to your little boy and yay for the swing!

Mamaofthree, "easy school supplies shopping" vibes!

Redveg, sorry your garden doesn't like it's new spot.

I'm eager to see AF! I'm in a pissy mood and it doesn't mesh well with the already tensed atmosphere in my house. Plus I'm sore... Couldn't put my bra on this morning.

Valérie   
#372 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 10:00 PM

Me too, Val. My boobs have been hurting for days

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Maia-I know there is a way to find out IP addresses. Those can't be changed as they are your computer's address. I think you right click on the name of the person and then go to properties. You'll see the address that way.

This was something we did when I was a moderator for a site and used this to watch out for those banned trying to come back under different email addresses.
Yeah but...right click on the person's name where? Is this something I would do to find out if he's got a new email addy? That wouldn't work cause if he does email me again after banning him, I will know it's him because he'd say so.
Or is this something he would do to find out what my new addy would be?

Argh. Well, I'm not going to worry about it until I have to. I'm sure this will end now. I'm not going to speculate. It's not a bad thing to plan, but I am not going to panic!

ETA: I right clicked on various people's names in my inbox, and it does come up with a box where you can click properties, but I'm not a computer person and the gobbledegook makes no sense to me whatever. I know it would to M, and maybe this guy, I dunno. But if I banned him from sending me mail, unless he gets a new addy, he can't access me anyway.
I also went and tightened up my yahoo account, which is linked to my home email account. Nobody can search for me through that, now, either.

#373 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 10:02 PM

well, they got back sooner then i thought and she had the list made so we got it all bought. good lord is all i have to say. i am wondering what that $200.00 in school fees was i paid. geeze i just spent another $100.00 for stuff. bleck

on dd's b-day a friend got her a cellphone and was going to pay for it for 3 months. we could not pay for it longer then that do to the wack plan they got her on. she was suppose to have the phone until mid sept. well her friend tells her YESTERDAY that they won't be paying till sept. so we need to do it. lol yeah like that is happening. i told dd she needs to tell them ASAP to cancel the plan because i am not doing it as it was their gift to her and if they don't want to be charged they better get busy with it because i am not paying one red cent for it. who gives that sort of gift. when dd got it she was all upset because it made her feel weird getting a gift like that from a friend. plus she felt like she would have to keep it up, as it would have been a waste of money (the money her friend spent), but the plan they have her on is more then $40.00 a month. she doesn't even need a cellphone other then for emergencies, as we have a land line. and she has a computer so she facebooks with her friends. just stupid. i told her she doesn't need to feel bad or waste her money on this phone, not one penny. this was their thing and they need to fix it. sheesh.
man i feel crabby today. lol i need some chocolate STAT! lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#374 of 684 Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 PM

I'm back. Sorry, there's no way I can get caught up here.
It's for me but I'll come back in the morning.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#375 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
cari: incentive spirometer!
YES, that thing

Quote:
also do any of you cook with your kids? like more then one kid at a time? i found when i have more then one in there it is a nightmare! i was making banana bread with row and cae wanted to help with pancakes after i got the bread in the oven, then they both were fighting over helping me. i finally lost it and sent them out of the kitchen. i swear they make cooking very unpleasant sometimes. you hear stories of peoples kids helping out (more then just one) and how wonderful it is, a real family moment. i end up wanting to strangle them! UGH! LOL
Yes... I have to have them take turns, as in ONLY one in the kitchen at a time period. They do the same thing, and yeah... I have that picturesque mental image how a quaint scene of me and my boys in the kitchen cooking... in reality it ends with me growling to just go play and I'll finish if they can't stop bickering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Oh, mamas, I'm so disturbed...this guy from my HS, who I barely remember, spent inordinate time just recently, tracking me down online. Now I'm pretty sure he's harmless, but I'm very disturbed at how easy it was to find my email.
Yeah.. that's a bit freakish. I would have to come right out and ask WHY he felt the need to suddenly, 35yrs later, *hunt* for me? And also let him know that it really weirded me out that he said he spent a huge amount of time doing so... I think the note suggested by someone else is a safe way to handle it. Let's hope he vanishes as quickly as he popped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesstutu View Post
maia, you know how I've made peace with all this privacy invasion stuff? I just tell myself I gotta get used to the problems of fame now. Eventually, everyone will know my kids' names, so...*sigh* I do what I do for the people.
brilliant!

Quote:
I'm not sure about there, but here some ISP's do not have constant IP addys... they assign them on log in and they can change. Which is really stupid considering what their use is

Off to the gym mamas hubby handling dinner for the crowd tonight.

Btw I saw on fb that Clay put pennsic pics up... looks like wicked fun!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#376 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 04:49 AM

feeling better. watched zombieland with ds#1. that is one strange movie. sort of shawn of the dead funny and then just nasty! lol

FINALLY found the homeschool group i was looking for. i could not remember the name of it for the life of me. plan on emailing them tomorrow.
and when dh get his on-line pay i am putting some aside to do something to the yard. it is just YUCK out there. and it is so nice in th evenings. i want to go out and enjoy it.
plus the whole family needs to get away from the TV and computer. i feel like we are becoming zombies. yuck.

h

#377 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 AM

Morning mamas

Not much going on here today. Rainy, sticky just plain yucky out, but it's a great day for curling up on the coulch with a good book and a cup of tea. I hope everyone has a great day.

I enjoyed Zombieland Cracked me up.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#378 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 09:39 AM

Hi there! Tap, tap, tap... Is this thing on?

#379 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Morning Gals! I'm totally after our whirlwind weekend of driving to MN and back for my nephew's baptism. Ceremony was beautiful in a gorgeous church and I made the added challenege of finding all the elemental pieces represented in it (earth with the wooden beams, water - the fontenel, fire = candles, air - just the space & airy feeling it had) and tried not to focus on the technical aspects of the ceremony - just the bigger picture.

It was nice to see family, but wow I'm really happy to be home. Had an interesting chat with DH about painting our house to a new color. Sort of an out with the old and in with the new, and to make it look different from the house next door (the properties look like twins in coloring & stuff). We're thinking a bottle green color with glossy white trim (shutters) and a color for the doors - a redish hue maybe? Its tricky since the first floor of our house has these recycled glass/concrete bricks and the upper floor is just siding.

Back to the grind today and catching up with ya'll, though Maia -freaky scary about someone hunting you down. I got a shiver just seeing that briefly!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#380 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 11:50 AM

Back from camping
Ahhhhhhhh...that was so nice. Beautiful space, wonderful company, a clear river to swim in everyday, saw the meteor shower, and lots of bats at night! My DD loves bats. Fruitbats are her favorite. We were watching the little brown bats swirl around us by the river, and DD came running to me jumping up and down with the biggest smile, "Mom, one flew right into my face!" I love my kids.
I spent a little time thinking house selling thoughts for Mo3 and Maia. Anyway, it's great to be back. I missed you all. Now it's time to catch up.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#381 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
I spent a little time thinking house selling thoughts for Mo3 and Maia.
Aww, thank yew!
Glad you had a good time camping.

I have been on a major cleaning binge this morning. I don't know what's gotten into me lately; I am not a cleaning sort, generally I mean, yeah, the usual dishes/laundry/picking up, but I vacuumed the whole house, changed and washed the sheets on my bed and the guest bed, washed some blankets and things, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, hung curtains in my bedroom (yes, they've been bare for nearly 3 years ), wiped varied and sundry surfaces all over the house, cleaned/vacuumed/organized my closet floor, done and put away a ton of laundry. I think I am done for the day

M forgot to pay his phone bill on Saturday, so last night around 5:00 he tried to call me and couldn't BUT it was incentive to get his cam working and we got to see one another and have some conversation, but he had to cut that short by 7:00.
No talking to him before bed, nor before work this morning, nor at lunch today
OTOH, I slept a solid 9-1/2 hours last night

My cousin and his wife are blowing through town at some point today. They live in northern NJ and I live in western NC, so that is a rarity. I don't know when they're getting here, or what to do with them when they do (who does the touristy things in their own town? ) but it'll be good to see them.

Though-- they'll ask a ton of questions, and I've gotten so private about my personal life. I know that to them, they're just catching up, but I am trying to find ways to be evasive. I don't want to answer anything.
How would y'all handle that? Get them talking about themselves? What? They know I'm moving-- that's kind of no secret anymore. But I don't want to go into detail about that, or about M, or about any personal stuff.
WWYD?

#382 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 01:31 PM

Whew...we finally got a break from the 100 degree weather yesterday..and today is pretty nice too!

Too bad the darn mosquitoes are still out in full force...seriously, c's legs look like he has a rash or something they are so covered and we do use repellant!

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#383 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 01:32 PM

Welcome back everyone! (DoK, it's on. )

I was gonna be more social but the baby is getting on me nerves. Talk with y'all later!

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#384 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 01:52 PM

I had the most amazing sandwich at the Barefoot conference yesterday. It was grilled veggies with an olive tapenade. Goodness me, it was divine. Now I'm craving it. I'm going to have to go to Whole Foods to see if they sell that olive tapenade. Nom nom.

#385 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 PM

maia: i think changing the focus to them might work, especially if they had something going on recently it might be pretty easy. i am not one to give advice on this though... i love talk about us. lol

femme: thanks! we had a viewing friday, but since we didn't hear anything i am guessing it wasn't what they were looking for. i think we will do another price drop on friday, so it is cheaper on the weekend.

ktg: green would be nice. i don't like it when the houses are all the same color, or browns or matching the backdrop. dh says that is so they blend and don't mess with the environment. i am like really? cuz there is a HOUSE right there, sorta hard not too mess with anything. i would love a blue house with yellow trip, something bright and happy.

i have a question for you all: i want to plant a few desert plants in the front yard. it is just nasty there. they do have rocks, but it is hot and barren looking and really unattractive. i found a few that need little watering, love the heat, and sun and bloom beautiful flowers often. they would be so easy to keep up, and when we move out the next renters wouldn't have to do much at all, if anything. dh doesn't want to do anything to the front at all. but these plants are cheap and would really spruce up the yard. besides the house that is in foreclosure on our street, everyone else has really lovely yards. it looks bad here and although we are just renting i plan on living here at least two years. i don't wanna live in yuck for two years. would you plant something at a house you are renting?

h

#386 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
would you plant something at a house you are renting?

h
Yep! I've done it.

#387 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
i have a question for you all: i want to plant a few desert plants in the front yard. it is just nasty there. they do have rocks, but it is hot and barren looking and really unattractive. i found a few that need little watering, love the heat, and sun and bloom beautiful flowers often. they would be so easy to keep up, and when we move out the next renters wouldn't have to do much at all, if anything. dh doesn't want to do anything to the front at all. but these plants are cheap and would really spruce up the yard. besides the house that is in foreclosure on our street, everyone else has really lovely yards. it looks bad here and although we are just renting i plan on living here at least two years. i don't wanna live in yuck for two years. would you plant something at a house you are renting?

h
I would and did! We had a little garden bed in the front by old apartment building and planted some beautiful (and on sale) plants to help fill it in. I hope they are still doing ok there and someone is giving them love & attention

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#388 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
would you plant something at a house you are renting?
YES. I always do.

I am riddled with anxiety
My cousins could show up any minute, or anytime between now and say, 6, and I'm waiting to hear from M. I don't know when he gets out of work. When he gets out, which could have been a half hour ago, could have been 10 minutes ago, or might not be for another half hour yet, he is supposed to go pay his phone bill so he can call me. Then he has an appt. at 5 for an hour.
I want to talk to M before my cousins show up!!! I haven't talked to him in nearly 24 hours and I don't want to have to cut him short because my cousins show up at the exact same time!
Augh!!!

#389 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 04:43 PM

ahhhh! im on a computer with a keyboard for the first time in months! (im usually on an ipad)

prepare for the multiquote....

Quote:

also do any of you cook with your kids? like more then one kid at a time? i found when i have more then one in there it is a nightmare! i was making banana bread with row and cae wanted to help with pancakes after i got the bread in the oven, then they both were fighting over helping me. i finally lost it and sent them out of the kitchen. i swear they make cooking very unpleasant sometimes. you hear stories of peoples kids helping out (more then just one) and how wonderful it is, a real family moment. i end up wanting to strangle them! UGH! LOL

ok, i should go to bed. nite!

h
i really encourage my kids to cook with me.. they are all still small, 5, 2 and 8months. Obviously the 8 month old is on my back or something)

i have them peel garlic, wash veggies and fruit, measure things.

I try to prepare for it in advance, have all the ingredients out on the counter, in order that we will use them. It takes a little more time and a lot more prep.. but they are fast now. my 5 year old can tell a spice by scent and my 2 year old is an egg cracking champ.

my husband cannot cannot handle them in the kitchen though. i think its all the prep. really makes a huge difference.

Quote:
What did you think of Men Who Stare at Goats, Princesstutu? I thought it was a hoot....any movie where Ewan MacGregor gets to speak the line, "What's a Jedi?" has me right there.

Men Who Stare at Goats is on our netflix queue for this week! im so excited.
i think my dh will enjoy the whats a jedi line

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesstutu View Post
Pineapples represent wisdom, goddess energy, and...prosperity! So, congrats! I'm gonna look up that book, now.

Men Who Stare at Goats was a fun movie. I liked the scene where the sergeant (bad with names!) starts acting like a typical sergeant and barking orders and stuff then says he's kidding and they all start dancing. And, Lyn had me worried for a minute. The movie gave me hope for the military industrial complex we have become. The irony was good, too.

maia, you know how I've made peace with all this privacy invasion stuff? I just tell myself I gotta get used to the problems of fame now. Eventually, everyone will know my kids' names, so...*sigh* I do what I do for the people.
i have a blog that i have public and my facebook that i keep on lockdown.

i kinda use alias' on my blog because of how everyone googles people these days. i didnt want a google search to bring up my kids' blog scrapbooking their childhoods, kwim?

you are only on my facebook if i would trust you with my deepest secrets. lol. well, except for pages i like, etc.

Quote:
maia: i haven't work for about... 2 months now. lol i have been working at least part time since i got my license 16 years ago. and i keep pretty up to date. heck i spent 12 years doing ICU, ER stuff. i worked alot on Med/Surg (where you see alot of COPD). BUT i know nothing. lol i am realizing that no one in the family thinks i know anything about anything when it comes to health issue. not sure why this is. in fact i would say i keep up on it a heck of alot more then anyone else.
like my SIL was giving her son skim milk at 4 months! (yeah as in INFANT) and when i said you know formula is better if you don't have breastmilk, she blew me off. the kid was sick forever! had behavior issues. i suggested getting rid of the dairy and gluten BUT NO! what do i know. finally in the last 6 months they took him to see a doctor who also does natural remedies and she took him off dairy 100%, cut back is ADHD meds and had them cut out red dye, and artificial flavors and BAM kid is so so much better. in fact the teachers say he is totally able to be in class with the other kids and he only takes 1/2 his dose of meds and doesn't take them at all on the weekends. how old is he? 8. he suffered for 7 1/2 years... because they wouldn't listen to me. i hate it. i don't ever say "i told you so", but why would i lie to them? heck we have cut out red dye, and artificial flavoring and excess sugar and it has made a huge difference in two of my sons. i do have some idea of what i am talking about. PLUS i have been a mom for 16 freakin' years. i take this job very seriously. it is my most favorite and hardest job. blaaah. sorry to unload. just feeling pissy today. lol

my folks invited us over for a swim today. woot! it will be weird to see my mom all hooked up to oxygen.

h

oh and maia: i would be very weirded out. that post was 5 years old. was he really hunting? that is creepy. and makes you think about all the other weird stuff put out there. blaaah. (hug)
im an RN too, and people treat me like i have no idea.
i love when people ask advice and dont take it. last couple years i have just given up.

now, i shrug my shoulders and smile and nod when people tell me all the crazy crap their doctors talked them into.

i worked ICU. doctors will lie, flat out lie or shade their truths to get you to do what they want. not because they are evil, but because THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE RIGHT!

my mom has had three strokes. I had tried to get her to change the way she eats, exercise more, etc. she would just say, "my dr says its mostly genetic and that i just need this medication"

ok lady.

she ate nothing fresh. every veggies is from a can. no fiber. no exercise. she is a comptroller for a big firm. sits alll day. etc.

people just really want to trust in "higher authority" so that the responsibility can lie with someone else.

wow. minirant.

sorry.

i love your comment on most favourte and hardest job, btw. I say that often. not one single day as a nurse was either as hard or as rewarding as being a mom. and thats saying a lot because nursing is a highly rewarding and an intensely demanding job!

it also takes more research and studying than my degree did! lol.

i feel like I could write a thesis paper on every year of development!

Quote:

ive heard of static IP address and changing ones... but on my blog, I can track IP addresses that visit... so I think there must be a way to track all IP addresses from one place or something.... My dh is in IT, I can ask when he gets home.

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#390 of 684 Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ok.... wanna see the before & after pics?

(mo3~ we own it... for better or worse, lol)

hugs to all with communication issues, etc.... having our fair share of them lately too. i chock it up to saturn in libra....
wowza!

woman that looks soooo different!

im sorry for your poor hands!

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page