~*~ August Pagan Familes Circle~*~ - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 684 Old 08-17-2010, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Some gang of teens from the apartment complex from ours came by for something and let air out of several car tired parked in a certain area. My car was hit. Luckily it was just air and no slashing so I was able to fill them back up at the gas station. It's just so frustrating with how bad things have become since we moved here to get away from the bad stuff!

I don't know if or when they'll strike again, but I'm hoping my car won't get hit again.
Ugh! I hope not, either. Sorry that happened to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

Ah, if only I had money to blow like that.
Sorry. I was thinking maybe you could call and get it one time or something, but I didn't think about the extra charges being high. Duh!

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 684 Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Dropping in- thinking of everyone
Hi Karen!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#423 of 684 Old 08-17-2010, 09:06 PM

BP is good, so not worried about that. i think i might have lowered my sodium level do to trying to drink enough water for the UTI. i am adding so emergn-c to a glass every once and awhile to help with that.

So i have an idea about the house. we offer to lower the price, they make an offer above that and then get the loan for the extra in cash to make the fixes they want. our buyers for our tucson house did that and it went fine. i just remembered about that. i left a message for our broker so we will see what happens.
AND YES! i agree. people watch HGTV and think everyone is fixing up their houses and spending thousands to sell it. if we had had the money to fix it up we probably wouldn't have left, as we would have had enough money to live there. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#424 of 684 Old 08-17-2010, 09:21 PM

Good idea, MO3.

I am lowering the price of my house by $3K-- again-- which, this time, will put me at a loss. Not a whole lot, but someone needs to bite. I'm having an open house this Saturday. I keep telling my realtor, all it takes is ONE. One buyer. One person. One family. Just one.
That ONE needs to be here ASAP, like, before the week's out

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#425 of 684 Old 08-17-2010, 09:34 PM

Been on these boards for an age and a half and have never stopped in here!

subbing, and will be looking for you all next month too!
#426 of 684 Old 08-17-2010, 11:59 PM

maia: i feel the same way! lol i want to unload this house. we still have a bit more we can lower it until we are taking a loss. we have to factor in the extra taxes we will owe since we are no longer maine residence. bleck!

we had a great rain storm here this evening. lightening and thunder... the works. it even rained for a good solid 2 hours!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#427 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 AM

Just a quick hi. Trying to keep up - but to much going on irl. Counting the hours until we go on vacation in 9 days (or 214 hours). So much/too much going on here. I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. Seems like it is pretty common here - though, so at least I feel a little less mad. I must accept it is hard being everything for everybody and then dealing with the random crap that is thrown at us.

On the plus side, DD is just getting cuter and cuter.

Whilemost of you in North America are cooking - we're getting, well hydrated. Today was the 31st consecutive day with rain. Previous record was in 1951 with 27 days. it's also the 10th coolest on record. (Now in case you were doubting global warming - go 150 miles north & get record highs, like nearly 80 on the Arctic coast). I'm ready for it just snow so we can end the summer that wasn't.

Hugs all around...

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#428 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Ah, if only I had money to blow like that.
Depending on the store, they sometimes offer personal shoppers for free. I think Macy's was doing that for free for awhile there.

Speaking of Macy's, apparently they don't do gift wrapping anymore. I bought a wedding gift there last weekend and was really ticked I couldn't get it wrapped properly. I stink at gift wrapping.

Come ponder with me about food!
#429 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 09:49 AM

Valérie   
#430 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Depending on the store, they sometimes offer personal shoppers for free.
I don't think I've ever come across a grocery store that offers that. I just want Whole Foods to offer delivery (like peapod, etc)

#431 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 10:17 AM

Morning mamas

Wow miss one day and there is so much to catch up on. I haven't done that yet have to run out this morning for groceries. Yesterday I left the house at 6am and didn't get home until 8:30p. It was a LONG day.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am going to try to catch up tonight.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#432 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good Morning Redveg!

Hi, Karen How are things going with you?

Welcome, deuxceleste!

Visualizing sold signs in front of your houses, Maia and Mo3.

Have you ever asked about delivery at the store, DoK? Maybe there is the possibility of delivery that is not advertised?

We're having a wet summer too, Liza. Back in April, I treasure-mapped water to heal the earth -- we'd been having dry year after dry year here, and trees were very stressed. It would be presumptuous to take sole responsibility for all the rain over the prairies and north ( ) but since I asked for it, I'm not complaining, the lack of sun for my pepper plants notwithstanding.

Had a great day yesterday. Manifested a productive volunteer meeting. Now must manifest some breakfast.

ETA -- I am sorry you had a vandalism experience with your vehicle, unschoolin! We actually have had a lot of car breakins /vandalism in our town lately, in people's driveways at night. We have no garage, so no way to lock up our van. I have been feeling kind of complacent because I've done protection rituals semi-regularly and always feel safe around my home and van. Probably time to renew them, have skipped a few moons.
#433 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 12:22 PM

Hey nonny deuxceleste!

Our houseguests just headed out... it was hectic, but I miss them already! I'm having a very "feeling overwhelmed" sort of month though and wonder if there is any insight on that? Has Tracy mentioned stress tsunami in her reports, or is anyone else feeling waaaaaaay underwater? Ideas?

Admittedly, it's been a VERY busy month. Camping, the news about my dad, getting horribly sick, then houseguests, then a friend's bday party tomorrow (at a pool so I'll need to keep tabs on three kiddos around the water), then driving to Albany to get the furniture from the memorial (saturday), then TOR TURNS ONE (sunday ), then a pagan potluck, then starting homeschool/preschool...

And I don't know how to make that work... dd1 will attend her regular waldorf "homeschooler" program wed/thurs (I'm worried about making tuition) but my MIL (former teacher) offered to help out. Which is great! But...when we saw her the other day it turns out that "help out" in her mind is Mon/Tues/Fri all day. She set up a desk and projects and books and crafts and basically turned her spare bedroom into a schoolroom! Which isn't what I want or had in mind. I've asked dh to address this so we'll see. She is really sweet, and I'm AMAZED at the effort she has put into this but... I'm not an unschool advocate, but this is a good step more "formal" than we want! And we have a curric we're using as well as the waldorf program... adding a THIRD curric is kind of over the top!

I'm worried sick about my dad too so that kind of blindsides me when I am thinking about other stuff.

On the up side... Tor is turning one, we made the most amazing rose trellis out of fallen limbs, I've been able to reconnect with friends. I just wish I could calm down and find my balance. I really feel like I'm about to fall off a cliff.

Hmmmm.... maybe a good solid salt scrub in the shower tonight and some sort of cleansing ritual? Just open the windows, burn the incense, splash the water, and ring the bells? Make a joyful noise sort of thing?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#434 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 PM

Happy Birthday Tor!

I may still have my UTI. I'm waiting for my midwife to call to tell me what my culture said.

Today the homeschool group has park day which we'll be going to later. Right now I'm enjoying my first taste of bison as a cheese burger. Soooo good.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#435 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 01:29 PM

clay: it sounds like what you need is a day or so to regroup. sheesh... just reading what you've done and what is coming is overwhelming and i am not even doing it!
can your MIL use the curriculum you already have? that way when she is helping it is what you are already doing? and maybe just once a week?

it is interesting about homeschooling, how i have taken my "ideal" and then had my children shape it themselves. lol when we first started i was really into schooling at home, we signed dd up for K12 virtual academy, but that wasn't her thing. we have used K12 off and on for one thing or another (usually science or history), but really after listening to my kids, we have our own ting going. dd now is in 11th grade and going to high school (her choice), ds#1 is pretty much unschooled unless i freak and pull out the math books and say "do this!" lol. ds#2 is unschooled, although a couple weeks ago he said I want to learn to read better, so we are using hooked on phonics that i picked up at the library for him. ds#3 is all about the worksheets and work books. he LOVES them 100%. thankfully target had some pretty good workbooks in their dollar section and i picked up a bunch so i might have enough for a month. lol
sorry, just thinking about homeschooling again, dd is in school, the boys are restless the homeschool groups are revving up to meet in the next couple weeks... so it has been on my mind. plus i need to get on some sort of schedule... i am up too late and dragging a good part of the morning. bleck, which just starts the day off badly.

ok done doing this. lol

h

#436 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I don't think I've ever come across a grocery store that offers that. I just want Whole Foods to offer delivery (like peapod, etc)

Yeah, that would be nice. Maybe you can get your packaged stuff through Amazon or some such thing and fresh stuff only at the store to make your trips shorter?

I looked at Peapod once, and found their selection extremely limited. Maybe it's changed, but I was really annoyed by that.

#437 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Yeah, that would be nice. Maybe you can get your packaged stuff through Amazon or some such thing and fresh stuff only at the store to make your trips shorter?
My son eats very specific things. Other than crackers and cereal, everything else is cold/frozen stuff.
Luckily, Whole Foods offers a discount when you buy a case of something.

#438 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM

wow clay! i got tired just reading that! that is a lot of stuff. def take time to be by yourself in the shower for a good "cleansing". clagon take me away and all that. some incense, a candle, maybe some music of crashing waves.

i love all creatures. really, but i cant stand having the flies in my house. and they are every where, which is typical for this time if year. my dryer broke and iit has been raining and i have a million cds, so i left my dipes in the bin for a week. finally the rain cleared up so i went to wash. maggots in my covered dipe bin. ewwwww. there arent that many but still. soaking them in borax for a little bit, till the last load on the line is dry.

DD2 started crawling reccently and is now into everything. DSD and DS went back to school today so it is quiet here. the school gave my son (and all 6-12 graders) a laptop to use until they graduate. free. i guess it is going to replace some books and some paper. not sure how i feel about that.

have decided to change my diet. i want to heal my gut, and help with my fibro. and other reasons. going pretty good except last night i ate cheesecake and ice cream. now today i dont feel good. feel tired and sore. proof my diet was working i guess.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#439 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
maia: i feel the same way! lol i want to unload this house.
Me, too; I am so anxious to just get moving. I feel so stagnant. I wish I had money to move NOW, and not have to wait till it sells first

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Yesterday I left the house at 6am and didn't get home until 8:30p. It was a LONG day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxceleste View Post
subbing, and will be looking for you all next month too!
Welcome, and merry meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Visualizing sold signs in front of your houses, Maia and Mo3.
Aww, thanks! Me, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I'm having a very "feeling overwhelmed" sort of month though and wonder if there is any insight on that?
Um, yeah, you've got too much on your plate, Clay

Quote:
On the up side... Tor is turning one
WOW! Already? Holy cow, time flies. He was just born!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
maggots in my covered dipe bin. ewwwww. there arent that many but still.
Wow, ugh!! :Puke How did you deal, mama? Maggots are one thing I have big problems dealing with.
But the free computer, wow, score! I'd be totally stoked over that one. I got one for DS from a yard sale, $20, and it works if you plug it in, but it can't go online unless I get a card for it, which is way more $$ than I want to spend. At least he can play games on it,which is why I got it, but I wish it could go online!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#440 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 05:57 PM

maia: i just realized today that if we can't sell the house soon, we might just have to let it go into foreclosure. which i do not want to do. we have not missed a payment yet, but i still don't have a job. it will be hard because my schedule will be very limited due to dh's work schedule. i am not willing to put all the kids in school and row in daycare just to save this house we no longer live in. ugh.

kids are having one of those days. ds#2 hit his back on the hope chest and has a nice bruise. ds#3 and ds#2 got into a fight over some dumb computer game. ds#2 hit ds#3 twice and when ds#3 attempted to hit ds#2 back it was on his back, although he didn't actually even hit him. but per ds#2 he caused him emotional distress (his words) because his back is already hurt and just the IDEA of someone thinking about hitting his back... well he wants me to get mad at ds#3 for it. honestly i do not know whether to laugh or scream! he started the whole thing. lol and now he wants me to get upset at someone who in the end really didn't DO anything. good lords! ds#1 is moody and wants to either watch TV all day or be on the computer OR be on the phone. thankfully ds#4 is just being sweet and making me "food" in the play kitchen.
i have tons of cleaning to do... laundry to fold, dishes, bathrooms, floors, BLECK! and my UTI is still bugging me. why couldn't i get this in 10 days when we have insurance? sheesh!

h

#441 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM

i can't stand ignorance. i just can't take it any more.

h

#442 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
i just realized today that if we can't sell the house soon, we might just have to let it go into foreclosure...>SNIP<
kids are having one of those days.
Can you rent it out?

Quote:

h
What's up?

#443 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM

Stopping in again, it has been so busy....

Thinking of everyone and wishing everyone a blessed weekend!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#444 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
maia: i just realized today that if we can't sell the house soon, we might just have to let it go into foreclosure.
Yikes, mama, I hope you don't have to do that! Sorry about your horrid day Me, I will have to live in the house till it sells. I can't rent it, even if I wanted to, because it's a gov't. loan and it's stipulated that I can't rent it out. Not to mention I don't want to be a landlord, absentee or otherwise. I tend to cut losses and run and never look back. I just want out of here, now that I have my heart set on it.

Blew bucks (um, I mean invested) on a cleaning lady today. The house now looks stark and clean and beautiful, though the closets are now packed solid full of the stuff that was laying around
At any rate, it's going to be hard to keep it this nice through Saturday afternoon, when the open house is.
Been cleaning up the yard, too, finally. All that massive pokeweed that has been growing up around the windows, and the blackberry vines that didn't bear berries, and all the other who-knows-what. Shoulda done this ages ago.

Mamas, all I need is ONE buyer, like I already said. They need to come on Saturday and fall in love with my little house.

I miss M so, so much...it's been almost 2 months now since I've seen him and he's such a PITA about the cam. For him it's "too much trouble to drag that all out" and you know, each and every single time he does, he's glad he did. But getting him to that point? SUCH a hassle.
that he does, tonight, because I'm trying to tell him without being pestery, that if he just does this, for a few minutes, I will shut up.
Gods, I miss him, though

#445 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 08:28 PM

dok: i don't want to deal with it being a rental. even if we go thru a property management company we have to come up with the money for them and any and all repairs to the house. i just think about all the crap we had to go thru with this house we are renting. plumbing issues, new flooring, new oven, fixing the drier. and then when they move out having to make sure it wasn't left a pit and having to pay all of those fees.

Maia: i feel the same way... i just need one person who wants the house. it really is a great place, in a wonderful neighborhood, with good schools. the house does need some work, but it is all make up, nothing structurally. plus the fact that it is on 1/2 acre... and it is so full of plants and trees and life.

maybe what i need to do is stop saying it needs work and put out there it is PERFECT ALREADY!

oh and for that other comment, just family facebook ignorance about religions (not even my own! LOL) hate for all people in one group is so disheartening to me. and then the fool actually thinks he is a "hero" because he is an EMT. i told him.... i hero is more then a uniform and a truck. it is treating ALL people with compassion, kindness and thoughtfulness, even when you are not ON the job. don't facebook your hate! grrrr!

on an up note... discovered my new favorite afternoon snack... tart apples with nutella and peanutbutter dip! lol the boys thought i was da bomb for that one. lol

h

#446 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Wow, ugh!! :Puke How did you deal, mama? Maggots are one thing I have big problems dealing with.
But the free computer, wow, score! I'd be totally stoked over that one. I got one for DS from a yard sale, $20, and it works if you plug it in, but it can't go online unless I get a card for it, which is way more $$ than I want to spend. At least he can play games on it,which is why I got it, but I wish it could go online!

there were only 5 of them and i have a pretty strong stomach. i can hold anything in. the opposite of DH, who looked like he was going to hurl just from me saying one sentence about it . i didnt really have anything else interesting happen today my 2 older were at school.....

the school owns the pc but he gets to keep it till he graduates. they are nice ones too. pretty cool.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#447 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
oh and for that other comment, just family facebook ignorance about religions (not even my own! LOL) hate for all people in one group is so disheartening to me. and then the fool actually thinks he is a "hero" because he is an EMT. i told him.... i hero is more then a uniform and a truck. it is treating ALL people with compassion, kindness and thoughtfulness, even when you are not ON the job. don't facebook your hate! grrrr!
Huh? What did I miss?

#448 of 684 Old 08-18-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:

h
it was this thing i said Maia: ^ lol

must go with the fam and watch the blue planet special.

h

#449 of 684 Old 08-19-2010, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxceleste View Post
Weclome

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas

Wow miss one day and there is so much to catch up on. I haven't done that yet have to run out this morning for groceries. Yesterday I left the house at 6am and didn't get home until 8:30p. It was a LONG day.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am going to try to catch up tonight.
I know, seriously, I thought *I* was the one that talked a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Mamas, all I need is ONE buyer, like I already said. They need to come on Saturday and fall in love with my little house.

Quote:
maybe what i need to do is stop saying it needs work and put out there it is PERFECT ALREADY!
h
Even if it does need a bit of love, out there somewhere is the perfect person for that house! There are people who lives to put their own stamp on a place and make it truly theirs and just love DIY work. Take heart, someone will show up!

We've had a pretty cruisy few days here, just sort of meandering though the days Derrick is settling in a bit, and being more social with his little brothers (which they lurve) even if they ARE a bit loud at 7am for his tastes lol (mine too!) Tonight Mr. prepacked processed food eater.. tried SUSHI! (volcano chicken and prawn ones only.. no raw fishy ones for any of us :P) He said he thinks he could get used to that heh heh ... I shall undo all that junk food eating yet

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#450 of 684 Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 AM

mamaof3, can you put on there that you're selling it AS IS? That way, it'll be very clear that you're not doing renovations.

To both you and Maia--good house selling vibes!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page