~*~ August Pagan Familes Circle~*~ - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2010, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I too am in lurker mode.... but everyone is in my thoughts.

and

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2010, 01:48 PM

is august over yet? i am so bruised! sending hugs and vibes to all us lurkers, and support all-around as needed.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM

Soon! Spetember is coming! It does feel like August is sort of never-ending this year. Normally I'd be thrilled, but this year? Not so much.

Still moving towards resolutions... pretty much 100% certain dh and I will both apply to degree programs (online for me, campus based for him). We need to stay nearby for family, but my mom said she is planning on moving to Albany with my dad in the next year. And if we applied now we'd be talking about programs that start next August. So a year works. It also gives us a year to finish the house and see where that will go.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 08-27-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
is august over yet? i am so bruised! sending hugs and vibes to all us lurkers, and support all-around as needed.
almost

we had an incredible week, a huge burst in creative energy and play and fun and walks and park....

then yesterday it got cold again- i miss the sun. I LOVE my apartment and the city I live in- like, love.... but man, i just wish I could get warm.

im thinking my hangup is that I keep saying "but its august! I shouldnt need a scarf and sweater in AUGUST!"

im hoping once harvest season hits and i can mentally embrace the cold a little better..... maybe it wont feel SO WRONG to be this cold.

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 PM

Something exciting happened today. I got a phone call asking if I was the mom of 'Roo' (they used his real name).
They want us (ok, him) to be in a parade in the town that I had my conference.

This makes me that at least some people accept my son and all his differences. Gotta love the company I work for and the manager of the store in Concord.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 08-27-2010, 02:42 PM

clay: that sounds like a good plan.

had a talk with dh last nite and found out just how insecure he is about his manliness. it is so strange to me how someone who has accomplished so much can feel so.... i guess insecure about who they are. maybe all this working to be "perfect" at what ever is really just a symptom of that.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 08-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Yay, DOK, that's so exciting!

MO3-- isn't it weird and cool at the same time, when men express their feelings like that? I love it, but it always makes the man feel awkward and, I dunno, effeminate or something. I love when men show their emotional side. It's nice to be able to be supportive of them for that, not just their accomplishments, kwim?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 08-27-2010, 04:39 PM

Dropping in. Not much to report. Dh's good friend is in town, so they are going out tonight and we have a friend over as well. Cleaned the bathroom, mopped the floors and the kids are watching Arthur.

Well, think I will sit and knit for a bit.

Aweyn- thinking of you! --me sending love

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 08-27-2010, 04:42 PM

I have noticed that during my pregnancies, dh feels very insecure. More than he usually does. Because I am able to do so many things at once and not break a sweat, he feels useless.

I push him harder to show him his own potential and though he hates it in the beginning, by the end, he's thanked me for helping him "see the light".

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:57 PM

dok-

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 08-27-2010, 06:07 PM

dok- !!!

gals - I'm crumbling today... despite lurker status. Today is heavy on my shoulders and I feel like any moment I'm just going to cry....

which I think I just might do... with my office door closed

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 08-27-2010, 06:22 PM

ktg.... : goodvibes

Hope you feel better soon!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 PM

ktg- big hugs and hopes that, no matter what, you find the support and strength you need!

Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 PM

ktg:

unschoolin': my mil left a "Shape" magazine here and i was thumbing thru it and it talked about different personality types and exercises to go along with them. dh really needs to do something cardo-vasular. which i have been telling him, so he can decrease his cortisal levels, and help him relax. he is looking into boxing training and also there is a marathon at the end of feb, which he is thinking about. so i am hoping with me pushing gentlely he will do something for himself.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 08-27-2010, 10:53 PM

Well the doctor called. I have an unknown cause for my anemia. My iron is great, b12 is great and folate is great. I was low to begin with so he's not too concerned about my less than 2 point drop since I am pregnant.

Oh well.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:20 AM

plans for mabon gals? essp mamas with little ones?

I think i;'m going to have a few pagan mamas over and do some pagan thanksgiving-ish crafts and food..... and hoping to maybe make muffins for the local soup kitchen... not sure on the plan yet.
what is everyone else planing?

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

Old 08-28-2010, 05:28 AM

coming up with some baby name... sorta feeling like it is safe to do that now.

so far we have
basil or dylan
and lucy or lilith (which would most likely be lily)
middle names will probably be from some one in the family (dh's side)

h

Old 08-28-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxravnos View Post
plans for mabon gals? essp mamas with little ones?
Ye Gods, is it time to think of that already??
DS is 9 and he will be on a camping trip with his class from school. I think the camping trip is on school days, though, so we can celebrate over the weekend. It's so hard to feel gratitude when I'm stuck here and not with M! But I am trying.
5 more days till I can see him

Another open house today, mamas. I don't have the energy to do any more magick right now. Please hope for me, though

Old 08-28-2010, 12:39 PM

I had a long reply all typed out... and then J clicked the mouse.. Ok cliff notes

Thank you for all the strength yesterday! It helped me find my voice again (loudly too!) (Jack's contribution)

Love to new baby names , great lab work, countdowns to visits and DHs excited about exercise and I'm up for some magick today!

Sorry its so brief! I'm off to grab another cuppa before cruising the pages again. Now I'm trying to figure out a possible allergy with DS. He's got recurrent cradle cap, super dark circles under the eyes and now an explosive temper/emotional meltdowns...I pray its something easy to eliminate...

Old 08-28-2010, 01:04 PM

Morning mamas

Hugs to you ktg. Mabon right now I am reading a book on Mabon right now it's by Ellen Dugan. Just started it yesterday but I keep getting side tracked.

This weekend looks beautiful. The trees are turning so quickly. Last week there were only a few, today they are all over the place. My favorite time of the year

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 08-28-2010, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I slept in *really* late. Fighting off a cold today. Better get out the master tonic. For some reason, I can stand to take it in the fall and winter but it makes me cringe in spring/summer.

Hugs, ktg! I read and was thinking of you (and you all!) yesterday. Sounds like things are going a bit better today. Lots of swordfighting in your life? How old is your little guy, exactly? Sounds like an elimination diet would be a good plan for those symptoms. Hope it's something easy!

I love your news about Roo, DoK! What does he think of the idea of being in a parade?

Do you know what online program you will be looking at, Clay? Both of you back to school sounds hard but exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I push him harder to show him his own potential and though he hates it in the beginning, by the end, he's thanked me for helping him "see the light".
This resonates with me a bit. Not that I'm pg, but I'm doing a lot of challenging dh to make changes for the good of his health (mostly, some career stuff, too). I am feeling unaccustomed fierceness about this - not a lot of Mars in me, usually. It happens that there are already 5 widows living on my rather short street and I simply will *not* be number 6 any time soon. My children *will* have their father as long as they need him, and a healthy, active father, too.

How is your little guy doing today? Is there something else that you will be asked to do about your iron levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas

Hugs to you ktg. Mabon right now I am reading a book on Mabon right now it's by Ellen Dugan. Just started it yesterday but I keep getting side tracked.
Thanks for the kind words, yesterday, Inge. Made my day.

I really enjoy Ellen Dugan. Coming up to fall makes me want to read witchy books -- I think I have enough on hand to work through, but I only ever read Dugan from inter library loan. I should request some of her work again.now,

Your post reminds me to notice the natural world (as your posts usually do ) and I see that trees *aren't* turning here yet. Odd - with this cooler weather, I'd expect that they would be....

BTW, FR - 2 of the 6 children I take out are my own near-teen-aged dd and school-aged ds1. Still requires planning, but they are definitely big helps.

Maia, I do home childcare. I have 3 children of my own and am auntie (in a couple of cases, literally) to 2-3 tots depending on the day. I love it. I have so much fun with the littles and it has been so good for my own children , too, growing up this way.

Thinking of you having a successful open house

Mo3 I love the names you are thinking of, especially Basil and Lucy. I wish you were having boy/girl twins so you could use them both! Lucy reminds me of Narnia and Basil reminds me of a character in Julian May's Many-Colored Land series, both great associations.

Hello, Onyx!

Mabon...the big commemoration I was planning with the kids is making and putting up a new wheel of the year calendar with them. We started our last one on the autumnal equinox last year, so I guess Mabon is becoming a kind of new year for us?. We will be in the thick of apple harvest/processing and (hopefully if I even *get* enough) will be canning tomatoes at about that time. It is usually a busy time. We'll see how it goes. We have a potluck at our cowshare the weekend before, but nothing the weekend after....

aweyn -- thinking of you, sending hugs and good moving-and-settling vibes. Thinking of the worker carrying the 10 wands in the RW tarot finally setting his burden down in the right place and then stretching and going out for a good meal and a pint with hobbit friends in some Tolkienish pub!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:19 PM

In UU last Sunday, they had a quote from Nelson Mendela where summed up it said we are afraid to show our light because of other people's thoughts. So instead of being proud that we're smart, pretty, etc. we tone down our "light" to keep others happy. However, the truth is that when we do show our proudness in our qualities, it gives others around us a reason to do the same for themselves.

This really stuck for him as he was talking about it in the car on the way home saying he finds himself always living in the dark because he was afraid of living in the light.

Ds is just fine and his stitches look good too. As for my blood, got to love my mother for always telling me things later in my life.

I called her about how my iron was fine and everything but I still showed anemic. She says, "Oh yeah. We have alpha thalassemia. You are a silent carrier though so it's not severe. Did I forget to tell you that?" Uh yeah, mom! Sheesh!

She just told me a few months ago, that I had Ruebella when I told her my prenatal screening showed elevated Ruebella antibodies that wouldn't come from a vaccine. Gotta love that woman.

Anyway, both she and my dad are carriers of the hereditary disorder. I got one allele which makes me a silent carrier. My dh has two alleles making him have alpha thalassemia. Since he didn't know I had it, we figured we'd be fine. Just like I am a sickle cell carrier, he's not luckily so our children will only be carriers or not, depending. But because we're both carriers of alpha thalassemia, our dd has one allele like myself and is a silent carrier while our ds has alpha thalassemia.

There is a possibility that this little one will be like us or his siblings, but if he gets all 4 alleles, he'll be stillborn as that is the most severe form of it. So fingers crossed he's fine huh?

Also, because I have this, I have low hemoglobin, hematocrit, and leukocytes. But only slightly. Plus I mimic iron deficiency so they assume that's what I need. It's the alpha thalassemia however so nothing they can do about that LOL.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
basil or dylan
and lucy or lilith (which would most likely be lily)
I LOVE the name Basil! Will his nickname be Baze?
I also love the name Lilith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
I love your news about Roo, DoK! What does he think of the idea of being in a parade?
He loves the idea of it. However, it's going to be A LOT of waiting around in the morning while the parade gets sets up and then a lot of walking. I know he can't handle the whole thing so I have to figure out which part we'll walk in.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Maia, I do home childcare. I have 3 children of my own and am auntie (in a couple of cases, literally) to 2-3 tots depending on the day. I love it. I have so much fun with the littles and it has been so good for my own children , too, growing up this way.

Thinking of you having a successful open house
Oh, that explains all the kids! I somehow thought you didn't have that many, but I was wondering what I'd missed!

Thanks for the wishes...nobody showed up again, today, and it was a gorgeous day

The realtor showed me specs of the market and it is really dismal I can't rent the house out because of the loan I got, which is some sort of gov't loan. It specifically says, and I don't know the "legalese" wording, that if I got caught renting it, I'd have to pay back all the difference between what my monthly payment is now, and what it would have been if I hadn't got the gov't discount. And I've been here nearly 3 years. That would be a lot of money, and I don't have it.

He's going to find out for me if I can do a rent-to-own. I thought it sounded dubious at first, but he said it's a definite commitment-- just a smaller down payment and a delayed closing, basically. If I can, and I got like $10K down, I can definitely move, with that amount of money

You know-- if M didn't have health issues, I could probably be a lot more patient. M keeps saying he's fine, he's fine, but you know-- with leukemia you never know. And with an inflamed pancreas you for sure don't know, especially if he can't quit drinking. I mean-- he doesn't drink that much, but any much with an inflamed pancreas is pretty much playing roulette.

Gawd, I can't wait till Thursday!

Quote:
Lucy reminds me of Narnia and Basil reminds me of a character in Julian May's Many-Colored Land series, both great associations.
You read those?? I don't know anybody who's read Julian May! Wow!
It's been ages and ages, and I never did get to Magnificat, but I loved that series! I really do have to read them again one of these days. I mean it's been 20 years, probably.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:58 PM

Cari, this one's for you

http://lolmart.com/product/om-nom-nom-nom-fail/

Old 08-29-2010, 04:58 AM

had my folks over for dinner and a visit. went good. my mom brought her lap top and was showing me some of the stuff they have bought recently (for the remodel) and the new chairs etc. she showed me over $6000.00 worth of money they spent of two chairs, a kitchen faucet and some tiles for the kitchen back splash, and a couple other things. i hate to say it but it pissed me off. i mean it is their money and they can do what they want with it... but it feels so... i don't know over the top. plus, again i know it is there stuff so i shouldn't mind, but they have all this money because both sets of grandparents skimped and saved and invested money so that when they died their kids would get something. my parents don't even have life insurance. they can't even loan us the amount of money they spent on two freaking chairs without knowing the exact return on the money date. frick. i can't look at that stuff with her. because i want to enjoy it and be happy for them, but inside i am all pissed off that i had to hurry up and pay them back so they could by a $400.00 kitchen faucet and a couple chairs! ugh!

on a better note.. made my first soufflé and it was freaking awesome. and watched men who stare at goats.. what a good movie!

h

Old 08-29-2010, 09:44 AM

I took my mom car shopping yesterday. We got carried away. She found out she could finance a car. Couldn't find anything cheap so she ended up a 2007 Chevy Impala LT with only 24k miles on it. The thing is, yeah she could have spent 6k on something that would start needing repairs right away or she could buy this solid car. Seriously, the car is in mint condition. Looks brand new. One owner, no accidents. Has an automatic car starter, OnStar (which she won't use), hands free phone answering, and lots of leg room (good for when she gets a nanny position.)
I'm seriously envious. I was drooling over the car. Oh, and though the price was high, it included sales tax, registration, and inspection sticker. So she doesn't have to worry about all that stuff.
She is all stressed out now because she spent so much. In reality, her payments are only $50 more than her ideal payment. She can definitely swing it (as long as she gets senior housing that includes utilities.)

Quote:
I slept in *really* late. Fighting off a cold today.
How are you feeling this morning?

Quote:
had my folks over for dinner and a visit.
on a better note.. made my first soufflé and it was freaking awesome. and watched men who stare at goats.. what a good movie!
Yeah, that would bother me about all the stuff they bought yet they are on your case about lent money.
Glad your souffle came out great, though!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
i hate to say it but it pissed me off. i mean it is their money and they can do what they want with it... but it feels so... i don't know over the top.
<snip>they can't even loan us the amount of money they spent on two freaking chairs without knowing the exact return on the money date. frick. i can't look at that stuff with her. because i want to enjoy it and be happy for them, but inside i am all pissed off that i had to hurry up and pay them back so they could by a $400.00 kitchen faucet and a couple chairs! ugh!
Oh, I so know what you mean, MO3!! My mom is the same way. She won't hesitate to go out and spend X thousand dollars on things, and then she complains that she "couldn't afford it"...bah. She doesn't want to afford it, or she just likes to complain, or something. And I wouldn't dare ask for a loan or a gift, because she resents that I don't have money. I read your post and I was like, oh, that is so me. Actually it feels good to know that there is someone who knows what I feel like

Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 AM

I've been here lurking. I'll catch up on the reading of this thread and then type out a big post and hit send and it'll get eaten by the server.
So this one is just to say hi, hiya ladies!

Seriously I've tried like 3 times this month at different times and then get so fed up with it I give up until later. lol

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 08-29-2010, 11:43 AM

It went through! OK, here's a better one,

Crazy busy times, here. Not really more busy that usual, but big changes. My older two chose to go to public school this year, and just started. I was running around like crazy getting them ready, and then we all had to adjust to an earlier wake/bedtime and ds1 and I both came down with a nasty cold. blahhh.
They are liking school though, yay, and youngest and I are adjusting to being at home alone together, though days with a sick mama kinda sucked for everyone.
I feel all longing for Fall right now. We had a break in the heat (lol, down from highs in the 105ish, to highs in the 90s) and it's been nice, but I can't wait for cool nights and cardigans. I always feel spiritually deprived in by August.
Retrograde is kicking my ass, too, just saying.
My ex pulled a crazy stupid move. He has been the one pushing for the kids to go to school, never supporting hs, or getting excited for them or involved in any way bc he "doesn't approve". Now they go to school and he.... Cancels their weekly afternoon visitation. Indefinitely. without letting them know ahead of time. Because he "has to work (he owns his own biz and nothing has changed work wise) and, get this, he has to go pick up other kids from school! (his girldfriends best friend and her kids moved in with them. fine, whatever, but you don't tell your kids you can't get them because you are going to go get other children that aren't in your family or anything. ACK!)
aaaah. deeep breeeeath.
On the plus side, the kids being home all week long makes fr healthier eating. Though I sense that he'll want to commandeer all the weekends and that's not going to fly

I'm ending this topic, bc it makes me sad

Happy things- My sister *just* found out she's pregnant with #2!!! Her kiddo will be 2 at xmas, and it wasn't planned (not that it was super avoided either) and I am so excited! she plans on going back to the birth center that she had her ds at.

I am getting back into spinning again, hoping to use the school year to re open my etsy store, maybe start teaching knitting/spinning/dyeing etc. I have the idea of opening a brick and mortar store someday, but only if it financially makes sense. Figure I need a couple years of building an online/in person name for myself.

I can't even begin to catch up with everyone, but hugs to those in need of them, light and love to everyone, and I've missed being around!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

User Tag List