Forum Jump: 

#121 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Y
Redveg-Although a bit messy, it's sounds like there will be a lot of joy in your house today. A gaggle of teenagers, cooking, creating, laughing...at least that's the visual I'm getting. Have fun with the energy How old is your DS?
They, my 2 DD;s and my DS are 16, they will be 17 in Nov. It was/is fun they stayed up late chatting. I am so glad I have a basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesstutu View Post

I want you to be my mommy! The damage I could do with $40.00 for munchies. I've noticed I want to snack on salsa and chips more than sweets lately. I've been a die-hard cake and cookie person for so long, this desire for salsa almost weirds me out.
Funny thing, they didn't do much damage. They bought the chips, soda, cookies, pudding and other sweet treats but never got around to eating them. I bet they will have it for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Me stuff- life is moving forward though we don't have an official case closed yet. Keep up the vibes ladies cause it is keeping me sane. I don't like loose ends.
Vibes still headed your way

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Oh man! Two amazing things happened to me today. One good and one racist.

The good thing. I was coming out of walmart and saw a group of people and heard a woman crying. I went over to the group as they started walking away and saw a very pregnant woman with a 1 or 2 year old baby boy. Both covered in bruises and dried blood on her lip. She was crying and begging anyone to help her get to the police because she ran out the house and he'd find them. People just walked away!

I went to her and asked her if she was hungry and she just said, "feed my son." I had a wawa gift card with a little bit of money left that I didn't need and took her and her baby, drove there, got them both food, then took them to the police station. I'm really hoping I saved three lives.

After that, driving home, I was stopped at a light. A man in a big old pick up stopped next to my car, then yelled at me to "take my n-word self and my n-word president, and go back to where I came from." I gave him a dirty look and told him not to make me get out of my car, then drove home.

Strange day huh?!
The guy in the truck sounds like an idiot!!

The people walking away??? I don't get people but thank goodness you were there. What a wonderful thing you did, going the extra step you are fantastic mama!!!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 10:04 AM

Finally some rain is falling. The plants really need it.
I still have a bunch of cleaning and laundry to do today. If only it would stay clean.

Quote:

Strange day huh?!
I'll say! I hope that woman and her kids get the help they need.
That man in the truck makes me

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#123 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 AM

maia~i think i must be a mutant. i seem to be the only person who doesnt love raspberry with chocolate.

mamaofthree~ yeah, i am actually really enjoying the book. it's a very different take from what i'm used to and i'm finding that refreshing now!
i love az too. it's been a very different experience for me, i think i posted that recently. i grew up wanting so bad to get away, to go somewhere green and lush. i still have some "issues" in that area, but i'm working on them..... wow about the $ diff in bulbs. i could have given you the CFBs that came in our house-- i cant use them because they are a migraine trigger for me.

unschoolinmom~ thank you for what you did. and i am so sorry that you were subjected to such awfulness.

yesterday was sure a fun day to watch rachel maddow.

i'm relaxing today. not sure just what i'll do to "relax"... but i'm gonna. then another loooong weekend of working on the house.... hope everyone has a nice weekend!

#124 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 11:37 AM

s

I didn't vanish!

I'm just gearing up for school! I've been cleaning, and organizing and reading and catching up on tv shows, and writing curriculums

Signed ds up for soccer and dd up for ballet

I'm a little one of my FB friends posted something about "A Christ Centered Marriage will last a Lifetime" I was annoyed and posted that I was sure my marriage would last forever, even if we weren't both Christian(And honestly Dh is agnostic)

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#125 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
you are amazing! I bet your kindness will not be forgotten by her. ... now I have to get a box of kleenex because I just keep tearing up that people just walked away.

Oh my, I just lost a big response post, and I don't have it in me to re-do.

So the quicky version. Nice to "see" Autumn B and those who haven't been around much. Yay for being the one to help and act in kindness, days off, good books, beautiful plant oracle cards, rain, clean houses, fun sleepovers (Ah...I get it. 2 DD & 1 DS triplets), saving $, frosting cakes, sewing garb, life moving forward and equality

Boo for DS friends leaving late, missed sleep, abuse and racists , too hot summers, too cold summers, and any other distresses.

Hoping to see a little sun today. If not, we might have to go find it. Thanks for those who chimed in on whether to clean the office or the house. I can't find who suggested 15 min on the office, but TY! That was what we did. Well, 15 min on the office and 15 on the house. It worked just fine, and now my treadmill isn't buried. Going to hop on it right now.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#126 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
maia~i think i must be a mutant. i seem to be the only person who doesnt love raspberry with chocolate.
I thought I was the only one who does. Who's Rachel Maddow?

Quote:
I can't find who suggested 15 min on the office, but TY!
That was me YW! Got that from Flylady, though I haven't done her in a long time.

I am soooo tired. I knew I would be. I got even less sleep last night than I'd hoped for. Went back to bed around 11:30, after the kid's parents got him, and couldn't get back to sleep at all I finally dozed off an hour later, only to keep waking up every hour or so.
Then I went into ds's room to sleep in his bed, since he was sleeping in mine, so that when M called it wouldn't wake ds up.
He did call around 5:20 (I think) and we talked for about 20 minutes. I hardly remember what was said, except that I know he said "Aww, sorry, honey" about me not getting sleep and about the night working out so crummy for ds.

I am so not wanting to exercise today at all. Not hungry, either. I just want to sleep

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#127 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Today is dp's birthday!!! And I also have an appointment then need to head to the store. I'll have the kids with me of course, so it should be a very eventful day.

I'll be on later to see how everyone's day has gone!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#128 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Chatted with mom on phone. She's feeling down about the loss of her car and all her belongings.

Went to a talk/book signing last night. The RE Director (interim) of my church was there. He's really showing an interest in learning more about the autism spectrum due to an email I sent to him about my son (and the many other kids in our church with autism.)
I invited him to sit next to me and my friend. We got along SO well. We were cracking up afterwards. Why is it that I always get along fabulously with gay men?
(in the past, I've always had a gay man as a best/close friend.)

Ah, if only he was single and straight...and into me.

I'm having a hard time getting off my butt today. Didn't sleep much last night and I have no energy. Really need to finish cleaning though.

#129 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 01:32 PM

aweynsayl: LED lights are even cheaper but the cost about $20 each! the fact that we have something like 30 bulbs here makes that just not doable. lol
never got my self to HD, so might take the boys there today.

breakfast today.... POPCORN! lol and left over cake.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#130 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM

Morning Ladies I'm going to pop in early and then lounge around this forum all day, since work is ... work

Heyla Autumn - you have been busy!! I'm getting nervous about our 1st one going to k4 this fall. We are soo unprepared.

I hope everyone is well, and yay for prop 8 I'm halfway done reading the decision from the court (its 138 pgs) but wow, its quite interesting anyone interested in the inner workings of the legal system.

Unschoolin' - did you get your degree in psychology? if so - can I PM you with some questions? I'm tinkering around in my head a possible advanced degree in that area focused on counseling, PTSD/birth trauma. I like figuring out how people work/tick.

Today is well a slow day for me mentally, and I get to leave a bit early to go to the STATE FAIR!! Ok actually its all about the food on a stick for me, and the rides (the potato sack slide) for the boys. Its opening day and absolutely beautiful.

Off to make my morning snack (eggs, spinach, cheese, sausage) and then lounge like a lizard. Here's some for anyone who needs it and good golly the start of a great weekend

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#131 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Today is dp's birthday!!!
Happy birthday! How old is s/he? What are you doing to celebrate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Chatted with mom on phone. She's feeling down about the loss of her car and all her belongings.

Why is it that I always get along fabulously with gay men?

I'm having a hard time getting off my butt today. Didn't sleep much last night and I have no energy. Really need to finish cleaning though.
for your mom. Hopefully she can look at it as a new beginning, soon.

Sigh. Yeah on the gay men thing.

And yes, me too, lack of sleep and no energy. I totally commiserate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
breakfast today.... POPCORN! lol and left over cake.
Well, go you!

Quote:
Today is well a slow day for me mentally, and I get to leave a bit early to go to the STATE FAIR!! Ok actually its all about the food on a stick for me, and the rides (the potato sack slide) for the boys. Its opening day and absolutely beautiful.

Off to make my morning snack (eggs, spinach, cheese, sausage) and then lounge like a lizard. Here's some for anyone who needs it and good golly the start of a great weekend
YAY on state fairs! Me lurve them. All about food on a stick

Your snack sounds yummy. Sounds more like a huge hearty breakfast, but still-- YUM. Must try. Except for the cheese. How do you do it, like a scrambled thing? Or stacked? Or...what?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#132 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 04:45 PM

busy busy coconut! busy busy yeah!

Sorry I'm not here so much but yea gods I'm busy!

Let's see...
Quote:
YIKES, that is a lot of sewing. Don't you have any left over from previous years for you and DH?
Why do you buy food from Amazon? What kind of food?
Well, the last time we did pennsic was before kids. My old garb still fits pretty well given that I've had three kids since I made it, but there's no way to alter it easily to be breastfeeding friendly. I'll be re-using some but still need the other stuff... especially the undertunics and apron dresses (that will cover the breastfeeding openings). And dh has changed physically over 5 years too (house building = bigger shoulders, no time for gym = bigger middle) and doesn't look so snazzy in his older garb. Plus, mice got into one garb box and ate their way through. I'm sure it made a nice nest, but ick!

And of course the kiddos had nothing. So. Much sewing. I'm not that good at sewing.

Amazon- well, it's me cheating in a sense. Amazon has a huge selection of gluten free foods, they sell in bulk, it's delivered to my door, and I'm not setting up a camp kitchen! I need gfree food (so not stuff we can buy at Pennsic's market), that doesn't require more than boiling water (we'll have a two burner camp stove and bottled water). And since all shopping trips involve Tor in an ergo and three kiddos to amuse... it's easier to have amazon send it to me. I've got a case of gfree granola, a case of extra firm tofu, a case of annies gfree mac/cheese with the squishy pack (so no need for milk/butter), a case of garlic/anise/cardamom pho (with really yummy green tea noodles), a case of Annie's chocolat/vanilla bunny bites (it's a treat that can be easily carried around in the girls' pouches), and a case of rice cakes. I also have a case of soy milk for drinking and a half dozen aseptic boxes of oat milk & hazelnut milks. Add a few sacks of apples, some lara bars, and a few cases of water and we're set in terms of food for a week. Oh, and they delivered sposies (day and night) so we're covered there too.

I've got 5 apron dresses almost done (hemming, embroidery), two underdresses in the washing machine (need to embroider), one underdress cut out and awaiting sewing. Ack! And dh needs everything!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#133 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Your snack sounds yummy. Sounds more like a huge hearty breakfast, but still-- YUM. Must try. Except for the cheese. How do you do it, like a scrambled thing? Or stacked? Or...what?
I did it scrambled & crumbled the cheese into it and for kicks added 1/2 an avocado. It is like a hearty breakfast, but I could it as a morning snack for me because my coffee/cream/stevia with a heaping tbs of CO (x2) is breakfast and it fills me up usually until 10am and then I'm hungry

I think I'm getting this diet thing down finally. I can't wait for my food on a stick tonight. DH just mentioned fresh roasted corn ... nom nom nom

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#134 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 05:22 PM

ok, had some serious wackness just happen to me! lol while on FB i was in a debate within this one group. it was pretty heated but pretty civil except one woman kept calling names and being really rude to people. a few had told her to stop and so did i. then i get a PM from her threatening me! like i better watch out or else. or else what? i mean really. i have been in heated debates on FB before but never have i been threatened.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#135 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 PM

WOW. Clay, you are so busy it makes me pant with tiredness just reading it

Makes total sense on Amazon food, just was curious.

ktg, what you mean "getting this diet thing down"? I don't feel like I have, yet. I oughtta go post on the Witchy weight loss thread, though

MO3, weird! I have never seen, nor gotten into, debates (heated or otherwise) on FB, but if I know me, I'd just not reply-- but copy and paste her entire PM to the whole world on my status
Either that or FWD it to everyone in the debate. Yep, I'm evil

#136 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
ok, had some serious wackness just happen to me! lol while on FB i was in a debate within this one group. it was pretty heated but pretty civil except one woman kept calling names and being really rude to people. a few had told her to stop and so did i. then i get a PM from her threatening me! like i better watch out or else. or else what? i mean really. i have been in heated debates on FB before but never have i been threatened.

h
Oh my goodness! I hope you flag that message and report her. I can't believe that people think that behavior is even remotely ok in cyberspace.. gah!

Maia - - its the cravings or now lack there of finally and figuring out the "why" with the choices I make. i.e. corn dogs while yummy & fried & is RIGHT THERE = terrrrrrble stomach pain later, so choose something else.
It makes me feel very to have finally figured this stuff out.

#137 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I thought I heard a cackle when reading this

#138 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Unschoolin' - did you get your degree in psychology? if so - can I PM you with some questions? I'm tinkering around in my head a possible advanced degree in that area focused on counseling, PTSD/birth trauma. I like figuring out how people work/tick.
Yes I got my degree in psychology, though my field is primarily holistic and dealing with human sexuality. But you can PM me! No problem!

Quote:
Happy birthday! How old is s/he? What are you doing to celebrate?
He's 32 today. He's back in Paris for a few weeks with family so they're doing something cool I'm sure. When he gets back to the states we'll do something fun for him here.

Quote:
i have been in heated debates on FB before but never have i been threatened.

h
That's seriously insane!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#139 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 06:38 PM

Roo wants to chat online with me. Even though we are in the same room.

I'm wondering if I should set up a facebook account for him just for chatting with me. Hey, he gets to practice his typing that way. LOL.

#140 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Maia - - its the cravings or now lack there of finally and figuring out the "why" with the choices I make. i.e. corn dogs while yummy & fried & is RIGHT THERE = terrrrrrble stomach pain later, so choose something else.
It makes me feel very to have finally figured this stuff out.
Oh, that, gotcha. I was doing rather well with that, then had s'mores for dinner Toasting marshmallows over the stove
I had this ginormous Hershey bar from when ds got out of school. I have had it all this time, in the freezer. It was from their camping trip and was leftover and I got to take it home. So I had 3 s'mores and a bite of extra chocolate and I'm good to go
Haven't had those in ages.

Quote:
I'm wondering if I should set up a facebook account for him just for chatting with me.
Have fun; I tried to set up a gmail account for my ds and it wouldn't let me. Even though I changed his age from 9 to 14 to 15. I think the computer realized I was lying

#141 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 07:46 PM

missing our house in maine very much at this moment. i went to my blog and there were all the pictures of our lovely yard and our trips to the beach. i wish some how we could keep it and "summer" there (like were are rich people. lol) but it isn't even a summer place, you know it is a huge house and we can't afford to keep it up and dh can never take 3 months off of work.

i think what i need to do is take an internet break and try and focus on stuff here. i find myself sort of off in internet land and checking out old blogs that i liked and missing this life i thought i wanted and when i see them i start missing it again... BUT we were not happy there, not really, not like we are happy here.
i guess i am feeling sort of "trapped" here because it is hot, like how i would feel trapped there because it was cold. i need to find something to do HERE that isn't TV or internet, and since i seem to have internet/tv self-control issues i am thinking i need to go "cold turkey" for a bit. maybe a week or something. lol

h

#142 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
yesterday was sure a fun day to watch rachel maddow.
Nope... I'm not a fan either. I don't raspberries at all really.. but dip some strawberries in dark chocolate? and I'm your b*tch for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
I'm a little one of my FB friends posted something about "A Christ Centered Marriage will last a Lifetime" I was annoyed and posted that I was sure my marriage would last forever, even if we weren't both Christian(And honestly Dh is agnostic)
Interesting... cause personally, if my spouse had Christ in the centre of our marriage? I can't see it surviving at all. IMO, even Christ would want you to make you SPOUSE the centre of your marriage.

Quote:

Went to a talk/book signing last night. The RE Director (interim) of my church was there. He's really showing an interest in learning more about the autism spectrum due to an email I sent to him about my son (and the many other kids in our church with autism.)
So sorry about your moms situation. What an awful mess.. I hope she finds a way to remember that, in the end, it's just STUFF. She still has the really important things

I had to laugh at the gay man thing.. isn't it the truth!?!? At the rate women I know find great gay male friends, there shouldn't be very many STraight men left

Quote:

h
I LOVE people that rant & threaten on message boards.. srsly, it's not like she is REALLY going to go through the trouble of finding you and tracking you down, especially if you're half way round the country Sounds like an annoying little troll.

Quote:
MO3, weird! I have never seen, nor gotten into, debates (heated or otherwise) on FB, but if I know me, I'd just not reply-- but copy and paste her entire PM to the whole world on my status
to either one of those.. or possibly BOTH I'd say oh, I think so& so accidentally sent this in PM. But since it's clearly part of this discussion here ya go

Quote:
Roo wants to chat online with me. Even though we are in the same room.

I'm wondering if I should set up a facebook account for him just for chatting with me. Hey, he gets to practice his typing that way. LOL.
Oh that's funny hehehe. Not too unusual these days really. And it IS a great way to work on typing. I started out typing about 42wpm with accuracy. I do about 90wpm if I don't worry about caps & punct... about 80 if I do :P All from spending a couple of years on msg boards and chatting on icq to my now hubby

I'm stressed Hubby had the taxes done.. not only do we not have a refund.. we OWE money. (there was a first year business credit he got last year that we weren't aware of ) We have a fair sized top up payment from the govt (we underestimate our $) but I'm sure all of it will go to cover the tax. Which leaves us scrambling and robbing peter to pay paul for Derricks visa within 3 months! Somehow we WILL make it work.. but it might not be pretty There may have to be a loan involved *sigh* But oh well, it's worth it to get my kiddo here

Trying not to freak out too much.. but last night was very not good. I might have slept 2hours, of course was fighting with dh.. money stress is always good for that... and now face a drive across town for Lucas's swim lesson. It was nice of the school to offer him a few 1:1 freebies to help him focus so he can move up a level.. but geez.. it's a 40minute drive

Oh, Derrick should be in the air or on the runway right now leaving ATL

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#143 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
missing our house in maine very much at this moment. i went to my blog and there were all the pictures of our lovely yard and our trips to the beach. i wish some how we could keep it and "summer" there (like were are rich people. lol) but it isn't even a summer place, you know it is a huge house and we can't afford to keep it up and dh can never take 3 months off of work.

i think what i need to do is take an internet break and try and focus on stuff here. i find myself sort of off in internet land and checking out old blogs that i liked and missing this life i thought i wanted and when i see them i start missing it again... BUT we were not happy there, not really, not like we are happy here.
i guess i am feeling sort of "trapped" here because it is hot, like how i would feel trapped there because it was cold. i need to find something to do HERE that isn't TV or internet, and since i seem to have internet/tv self-control issues i am thinking i need to go "cold turkey" for a bit. maybe a week or something. lol

h
New things always makes us question oursevles, but I am sure when things settle and you have some "away from the techno-world" time to yourself and family, it will fall into place again. I'll miss ya sweetie, enjoy your break!

#144 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 PM

I am really spending entirely too much time on here today

Quote:
i wish some how we could keep it and "summer" there (like were are rich people. lol) but it isn't even a summer place, you know it is a huge house and we can't afford to keep it up and dh can never take 3 months off of work.
You know, I've always wondered how people did that. I don't think...I think the men didn't take the time off of work. I think they came out on weekends. Like worked in NYC and summered on LI, for instance, but I'm not sure.

Completely random: slightly stale Tabasco Slim Jims with ds's leftover salad with Asian dressing and feta cheese. Yep, I think I'm feeling almost back to my usual self

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
but dip some strawberries in dark chocolate? and I'm your b*tch for life
Only you, Cari, only you

Quote:
Interesting... cause personally, if my spouse had Christ in the centre of our marriage? I can't see it surviving at all. IMO, even Christ would want you to make you SPOUSE the centre of your marriage.
Right?

Quote:
to either one of those.. or possibly BOTH I'd say oh, I think so& so accidentally sent this in PM. But since it's clearly part of this discussion here ya go
Oh, rock on; she sees my snark and raises me one Go you, Cari, m'girl!

Quote:
I'm stressed Hubby had the taxes done.. not only do we not have a refund.. we OWE money.
Oh, that DOES stink. I hate that I'm sorry.

Quote:
Oh, Derrick should be in the air or on the runway right now leaving ATL
Yay, omg, you must be so excited!!! Breathe, mama, breathe! OTOH, that's so how M & I feel, when I'm on the way to visit him

#145 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 PM

happy to you Cari!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#146 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 09:24 PM

Yay Cari!!!!

Today was very eventful. After my appointment, the kids and I went up to the YMCA to get an application for their limited income membership. I think that's great that they do that for families in need and the kids are very excited to go. After that, we headed to the library. The kids have their own cards and always feel very grown up when they get to pick a book and take it to the desk with their cards in hand. Ds picked a book on tools and dd picked a book on how to take care of babies.

Then we headed to the store and finally came home. I had already finished my homework so I was able to speak to dp for a bit online and then made crepe manicotti, seasoned spinach, and corn for dinner while I belly danced.

My kids love watching me because of my bright fushia hip skirt with jingling gold coins. I think the baby was sleeping because once I was done, he was NOT happy. He's still kicking me lol. I feel so good having gotten to do that.

#147 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 PM

he probably loved it!!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#148 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Have fun; I tried to set up a gmail account for my ds and it wouldn't let me.
I didn't do it. I figured something else out.

Quote:
missing our house in maine very much at this moment.
>SNIP<
i think what i need to do is take an internet break and try and focus on stuff here. i find myself sort of off in internet land and checking out old blogs that i liked
I often get that "grass is always greener on the other side" feeling.
As for the internet, it's very difficult for me to stay off. I need to post away to get visibility for my business but it's very easy to get swallowed up in cyber land.
Setting short goals can help. Try going one day without it. Then, if you want, try the next day. And so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Oh, Derrick should be in the air or on the runway right now
So exciting, Cari!

Quote:
After my appointment, the kids and I went up to the YMCA to get an application for their limited income membership.
I would love to do that but even their 'scholarship' fee was way too high in my area.
I hope they give you a great price!

#149 of 684 Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Only you, Cari, only you
[/SIZE]
I know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
happy to you Cari!
Ty Just got a call from his dad.. he's in Phoenix now.. which is annoying since Will didn't know there WAS a stop in Phoenix until he checked him in at Atlanta. It was a footnoted 1 on the ticket SOMEWHERE. But Phoenix airport isn't too bad so hopefully he has navigated it easily enough. Will was a wreck, and bought him a prepaid cell so that he could call from AZ and then once he has gotten to the Terminal in LA. I do not forsee a lot of sleep on either side of the ocean tonight

Must busy myself by making a grocery list and then hitting the gym

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#150 of 684 Old 08-06-2010, 12:06 AM

How exciting Cari!!!! !!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page