#181 of 684 Old 08-06-2010, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
Hello everyone, may I join?

Welcome!!!!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#182 of 684 Old 08-06-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Oh, goodness, DOK, that's just terrible! Make sure she contacts all those agencies ASAP,
She did and then my brother took over because the people were being jerks.

I wish she knew that you should always carry important stuff like that in your purse/carry on when traveling.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#183 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 12:33 AM

ok, i know i said i would be off for a week, but i just had to share...

we heard the baby's heart beat! and then right after saw a double rainbow! feeling GREAT!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#184 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post

we heard the baby's heart beat! and then right after saw a double rainbow! feeling GREAT!

h
Squeee!!! My baby is waving to yours! Oh I'll pm you on fb.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#185 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
She did and then my brother took over because the people were being jerks.

I wish she knew that you should always carry important stuff like that in your purse/carry on when traveling.
Good on your brother.
I'm sure now she does, poor thing.

Quote:
What a cool omen!

Good morning, mamas!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#186 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

redveg-Love you're outlook. I can relate to the feelings of putting things off. I can only imagine the impact on this having triplets. Be gentle with yourself. I bet something truly beautiful will emerge.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post

I'm angry at him for his fears of everything and now I'm going to be handling this situation. I ALWAYS have to take on the situations. When a man kept bugging dh, he ran to me to handle it, when the kids are in trouble under dh's watch, he runs to me. I'm sick of it.

Do I have a right to be angry about this? wwyd?
I can see how you would be upset, so would I. I think though that my DH would have most likely done something similar. He would have seen how our child reacted but then he would have said something.

Quote:
When's your birthday? Mine's Nov.17, and M's is Dec.13. How funny that we have that in common!

I'm a loud, in-yo-face mama, but I also can be diplomatic, not usually mean. I'd be something like "Hey, you, that's totally uncool. Did you realize you're being really mean to ds? How about you try it <insert way here> this way instead? DS, is that kid's behavior alright with you? How would you rather see him act?" Kind of like that.
And then help them try out the new way.
This is me too

Hey my B-Day is Dec. 06 and my kids Nov. 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
Hello everyone, may I join?
Hi, welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

Well mamas, we are home D is getting himself settled... he is a typical male and has forgotten SO much stuff *sigh* His dad says he will mail a package soon. Off to enjoy the day

Quote:
M is off having a drunk
to you and M

Quote:

h
How wonderful

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#187 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 AM

I can't stay away either.

Welcome Grahnola Mum!

My 5yo wants to get married... NOW!!!

She dressed herself with her bright pink princess dress, untangled her hair, put a tiara, drew a love declaration for a little boy(6yo) we know and is asking that we go NOW to the village and get them married!

What is the hurry???

"Mom, when I'll be an adult, this dress won't fit me anymore."

Then she goes on and on about how she doesn't want to kiss boys, only girls...

Interresting day ahead since we are bound to see the little boy at the firefighter's kid challenge this afternoon.

Valérie   
#188 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 12:27 PM

Morning...waiting for coffee

Cari- I'm so happy your ds arrived safely, and now your all together. How's he doing?
Valerie-That's cute about your dd. what did the boy say to the proposal? My 6 yo "gets married" to her girlfriends all the time when they play. Sometimes I officiate.
Mo3- How exciting to hear the heartbeat and neat about the rainbow. Yay babies!
Dok-Hugs for your mama. Poor thing.
Maia-How are you and M this morning?
Grahnola mum-Welcome! The more the merrier. I started on this thread at the beginning of my path too. Everyone here was so patient and generous answering questions and sharing.

Grandma's taking the kids for the day and overnight. TY Grandma! DP and I are going to rehearse, clean, get ready for camping and go to the theater tonight.
I'm wanting to do a releasing ritual on the new moon which will be our first night camping. Need a little time to plan...
Hoping everyone has a good day. Happy Saturday

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#189 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
to you and M
Aww, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post

She dressed herself with her bright pink princess dress, untangled her hair, put a tiara, drew a love declaration for a little boy(6yo) we know and is asking that we go NOW to the village and get them married!

What is the hurry???

Oh, that is just too cute! Great logic, that kid has. What did you say back?

Quote:
Maia-How are you and M this morning?
Thank you for asking. We're fine. He did what he said he was going to do; they stayed home and went to bed around 1:30am. They were up by 9:15 or so. He's feeling fine. I'm alright.

But I did call him on being drunk by 6:30pm and driving up to J's house I couldn't have said anything in the moment, because he would have 1) denied it, 2) gotten mad, and 3) possibly hung up on me, which would have blown the whole thing right out of the water.

He was trying to get in a fight with some idiot in J's parking lot, while waiting for J-- I kept hearing him say "What're you looking at?" in a very let's-scrap sort of voice. He's "fighting-Irish" all the way and it wasn't 2-1/2 hours previous that I reminded him he's not in high school anymore and is way too old for that kind of juvenile behavior

So I'm glad he stayed on the phone with me, because I was able to talk him down and not try to start something with the guy. Who probably didn't even realize he was looking at M-- was probably looking through him

Anyway, he's fine ~wipes brow~ but I so wish he would realize he can't be doing this anymore. Not a dang thing I can do about it, though. He has his own higher power and it's not me. As long as he stays home and stays safe, I guess I don't mind (as much) putting up with it. That may, and likely will, change, if the day ever comes when we live together, though.

Public ritual today!

Oh, and the new moon is indeed the 9th, not the 8th like I thought. It doesn't start till 11pm, though, I think. For those of you astrologically inclined, is this true? Will it still be alright to do my house-selling spell during the day on Monday? Or should I wait till Tuesday? It has to be in the daytime so DS has somewhere to be and I can be alone.

ETA: M just called me back. He took J home and he's feeling really lousy. Not physically, just guilty and horrible What can I say? It's not my path. He knows I have almost 16 years and I think that's part of why he feels bad: I'm a mirror
I feel bad that he feels bad-- but again, there's nothing I can do. I love him regardless. I think he feels bad about that, too. Sigh.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#190 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 01:11 PM

Maia- I'm sorry your both going through a rough time today. Do you mind if I offer a thought? It seems like you're really grounded in your own recovery, and M can learn a lot from you. OTOH, as you know his recovery is his experience, and I wonder about you helping him manage his drinking by being on the phone with him, talking him down, etc. I wonder if this could possibly interfere with the natural consequences of his choice to drink. Maybe making it slightly more comfortable? I can only imagine how difficult it must be to "see" him doing something or about to do something that could hurt himself, but sometimes those can be the moments that inspire the desire to change. IDK.. Please feel free to blow me off if you don't agree. There's just no easy way, is there? Take care of yourself.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#191 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Maia- I'm sorry your both going through a rough time today. Do you mind if I offer a thought? It seems like you're really grounded in your own recovery, and M can learn a lot from you. OTOH, as you know his recovery is his experience, and I wonder about you helping him manage his drinking by being on the phone with him, talking him down, etc. I wonder if this could possibly interfere with the natural consequences of his choice to drink. Maybe making it slightly more comfortable? I can only imagine how difficult it must be to "see" him doing something or about to do something that could hurt himself, but sometimes those can be the moments that inspire the desire to change. IDK.. Please feel free to blow me off if you don't agree. There's just no easy way, is there? Take care of yourself.
Any and all thoughts are welcome. I take what I like and leave the rest

That said-- there are certain consequences of his drinking that I'm not down with, and could have dire consequences for both of us. I don't mind the feeling bad, the guilt, the physical ickiness, but legal issues aren't a go. So no, no scrapping. If he wants to get piss-drunk at home, that's fine (well...), but no fighting. I will continue to talk him down from that, if necessary.

I'm really pissed at him for driving, too. But you're right, there's not a thing I can do about it. I can speak my piece, but in the end, he chooses his behavior, and by doing so, chooses the consequences.

#192 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 02:16 PM

I have been eating horribly during this pregnancy. I HATE eating McDonalds but I craved an angus (I don't even like beef) and just devoured the burger.

I had to get a few more things from the store and we are ready for the new school year to start Sept. 1st.

Maia-(((hugs)))

#193 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 02:36 PM

seriously. i can be on the computer, hitting "user cp" over and over and there will be no posts on the thread. then, ONE day i cant be on, and there are 5 bazillion posts. balance, people? balance?

mamaofthree~ oh, momma. we so need a coffee date, you and me. if you want to extended vent/go thru the whole "wanted xyz life, moved away to make it happen, had to move back, feeling lost...." conversation, i'm here, and i've been going thru it for a while longer than you, so i'm probably a few steps ahead-- not sure if that would help or not, but i'm here if you want. (and it seems like i'll be up in your neck of the desert later this month.... if you wanted to get together.)

witchygrrl~ thanks for your lovely and very accurate description of rachel maddow! she's sassy and so good humored to boot. awesome way to get the news (that, plus jon stewart. )

aubergine, thinking of you, sweet one! hope you have a wonderful time with family, celebrating the life of a wonderful woman. <hugs>

FR~ um. "relaxing"... well, the house we're in NOW is now clean... all i said was i wouldnt work on or think about OUR house..... yes, i'm a dork. sigh.

DOK, oh geez. what a trip. she must feel so ill-fated. i've had moves like that. it's really hard to bounce back from. sending fast resolution vibes!

Grahnola Mum~ welcome! newbies are always welcome! clay's a bit snowed under, but she'll point you to some awesome mdc resources... there are book rec threads, and there's "camp".... which someone will mention at some point. we just finished this summer's camp, and i think in the first thread there are links to the other years of camp... there are some good ideas in them for the "yes, but what do pagans really DO..." types of things, might be a nice place to get a feel for stuff, if you like.... if you browse back in this forum, you should be able to find the camp threads we just finished.....

maia, huge hugs hon. hang in there..... i'm really feeling the turn, too, and it's still 105+ here. although i think today it's only supposed to be 91!

hugs and vibes and wonderful happyness to all~
#194 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 02:43 PM

new moon articles are up on mooncircles! deep astrological breaths......

there's also a lot of good stuff on tracy's blog right now.....
#195 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 PM

Morning or afternoon ladies! Yay for safe travels and boo for lost/stolen luggage. DOK - for your mom on this journey she's making. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel for her on this.

Welcome Grahnola Mum! I'm relatively new here too, but these ladies are fabulous!!!

Ok the boys are with me and clearly made some requests! Enjoy and I'll be back after canning some cherries!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#196 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:

What is the hurry???

Well, at least you know she's got some sense.
Quote:
Oh, and the new moon is indeed the 9th, not the 8th like I thought. It doesn't start till 11pm, though, I think. For those of you astrologically inclined, is this true? Will it still be alright to do my house-selling spell during the day on Monday? Or should I wait till Tuesday? It has to be in the daytime so DS has somewhere to be and I can be alone.
I think it should be fine on Monday if that's what works better for you because you'll probably still be in the dark moon time until 11pm. If you wait til Tuesday, the moon should be growing by then so I would word the spell in a way that reflects what you want from the house-selling, not the actual selling. That's just me, tho. I would personally do a spell for getting rid of something (ie selling a house) during a waning moon, but it's all about the wording.

about your dp sitch. You sound so strong in your love. That's so nice to read.

Quote:
I have been eating horribly during this pregnancy. I HATE eating McDonalds but I craved an angus (I don't even like beef) and just devoured the burger.
I understand! My last baby made me crave McD's like nobody's bizness. My mom would laugh so hard when I lamented the situation b/c I hate McD's. It's normal for me to have a taste for their food once in a while, but my last pregnancy made me want McD's every day. It drove me nuts! (And, emptied my wallet. )

That Big Breakfast, tho? I mean...never mind. I can't think about it.

Happy Saturday, everyone! Hope you enjoy it. I'm gonna sit on my butt today.

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#197 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 03:56 PM

I'm exhausted. I guess I'll take an iron pill. Right now I'm waiting until 3:30 to pick dh up from work and then back home to continue working on this baby sleeper. I'm crocheting a blue and brown one and then knitting a blue and white one.

I made wonton soup for the kids' lunch which they loved and I'll probably eat the left overs. Tonight's dinner is brown sugar meatloaf, made with ground turkey.

#198 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Any and all thoughts are welcome. I take what I like and leave the rest

Just offering food for thought. Of course, you're the one in your life, so you know what's best.

Off for the day. Lots to do.

#199 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 04:46 PM

Hey Ladies, my witchyness shone through today as I canned some pickles and now I am reading a great tapping article "In My Mind, Body, Soul, and Energy;

I Release the Idea that I Am Wrong.
I Release the Vibration of Being Wrong.
I Release Wrongness from My Soul.
I Release the Energy of Wrongness.

I Understand that I Am Right.
I Am Being Right. I Am Rightness.
My Soul Moves into Rightness.
I Have the Energy of Rightness."

Now I am about to lead the kids in a small house/yard cleansing/blessing.

Reading about the joys of families reunitied, the business of life, the illness and sadness of those who need healing and keeping you all in my heart, mind and prayers.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#200 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
we heard the baby's heart beat! and then right after saw a double rainbow!
Double rainbow all the way!
I'm so happy you heard the heartbeat!

#201 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 06:33 PM

aeress, thank you for sharing that tapping affirmation! lurve it!

ktg~ you are living my life! maybe my TM came true for YOU instead! canning cherries..... sigh. that's my biggest sore spot having landed back where they dont grow. i can drive a couple hours & u-pick them, but of course, here they ripen... uh... in may? i think? early june? so, of course, i left the NW before they were ripe there, and got back to the SW after they had past here. sigh. i have got to stop doing that!

unschoolinmom~ brown sugar meatloaf? please share recipe!

~~~
so... my "black" floor grout in my kitchen isnt really black. it's more like a soft peach. yeah.
#202 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Hey Ladies, my witchyness shone through today as I canned some pickles and now I am reading a great tapping article "In My Mind, Body, Soul, and Energy;

I Release the Idea that I Am Wrong.
I Release the Vibration of Being Wrong.
I Release Wrongness from My Soul.
I Release the Energy of Wrongness.

I Understand that I Am Right.
I Am Being Right. I Am Rightness.
My Soul Moves into Rightness.
I Have the Energy of Rightness."

Now I am about to lead the kids in a small house/yard cleansing/blessing.
I'm going to borrow this if you don't mind I read it and it just resonated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ktg~ you are living my life! maybe my TM came true for YOU instead! canning cherries..... sigh. that's my biggest sore spot having landed back where they dont grow. i can drive a couple hours & u-pick them, but of course, here they ripen... uh... in may? i think? early june? so, of course, i left the NW before they were ripe there, and got back to the SW after they had past here. sigh. i have got to stop doing that!

unschoolinmom~ brown sugar meatloaf? please share recipe!
~~~
so... my "black" floor grout in my kitchen isnt really black. it's more like a soft peach. yeah.
Canning cherries has become an all day ordeal!! I'm right at the end of cherry season (thank goodness!) and next year I will be investing in a cherry pitter if these 3 pints turn out even halfway ok. I ended up doing 2.5 lbs removing the pits with a ball-point pen. This was after the paperclip, bobby-pin, straw and bamboo skewer all failed me and these cherries.

Next up - peaches (3lbs)... there is a light at the end of the canning tunnel, right?

Unschoolin' - yes please, please post the recipe!!

Aweyn - black to peach? What??? I'm scared to ask, but did it look black at first... and now we've discovered its true color? !

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#203 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Valerie-That's cute about your dd. what did the boy say to the proposal? My 6 yo "gets married" to her girlfriends all the time when they play. Sometimes I officiate.
By the time we saw the boy, she had forgot about her plans.

Quote:
Oh, that is just too cute! Great logic, that kid has. What did you say back?
Told her we could sew a dress like this one at her size when she's an adult...

"But it wouldn't be this dress mom!"

She was really annoyed that I didn't seem to understand the need for this dress for her wedding.

She had a blast at the firefighter's kid challenge. Made it more than 50 times in the afternoon. I helped the crew and it was appreciated.
Going back tomorrow to sell t-shirts with DH.

There was a dragon dancing in the streets; DD2 was so proud to pet her big red nose! She (I know it was a SHE cause she had her name on her collar: Anabelle) was wandering with 3 drummers wearing bright costumes! It was fun!

Valérie   
#204 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 08:46 PM

We're to have it tomorrow lol. We had lobsters instead.

Here's a link to the recipe!http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brown-S...af/Detail.aspx

Enjoy!

#205 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 PM

YUUMMMMMMMM lobsters!!! OMG I so wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
new moon articles are up on mooncircles! deep astrological breaths......

there's also a lot of good stuff on tracy's blog right now.....
Mind condensing in English for those of us not astrologically inclined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Enjoy and I'll be back after canning some cherries!
Mmm...I'm coming to your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesstutu View Post
I think it should be fine on Monday if that's what works better for you because you'll probably still be in the dark moon time until 11pm. If you wait til Tuesday, the moon should be growing by then so I would word the spell in a way that reflects what you want from the house-selling, not the actual selling. That's just me, tho. I would personally do a spell for getting rid of something (ie selling a house) during a waning moon, but it's all about the wording.

about your dp sitch. You sound so strong in your love. That's so nice to read.
Aww, thanks

I have been told to absolutely wait until the moon is growing. Hmm. I see what you mean, though. How would you word it then, if I were to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday? I want the right buyer, I want this house SOLD, I want it sold THIS MONTH, and I hope to break even or not lose too awfully much.

Quote:
I made wonton soup for the kids' lunch which they loved
By hand? From scratch? Funny that you say that. I was just telling someone not 2 hours ago about the time I did that. Took like 3 hours to make, and about 15 minutes to devour
Was delish, though!

Ritual was very nice today. I needed to let go and get in touch with my spiritual side, and the Earth, and the Goddess. Didn't hurt that the priestess can speak Gaelic, either

#206 of 684 Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 PM

Was hoping to go to bed early tonight yet here I am still awake. Tsk tsk.
Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

#207 of 684 Old 08-08-2010, 01:14 AM

Quote:
I have been told to absolutely wait until the moon is growing. Hmm. I see what you mean, though. How would you word it then, if I were to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday? I want the right buyer, I want this house SOLD, I want it sold THIS MONTH, and I hope to break even or not lose too awfully much.
Hmm...I think I'd assume the selling and focus on receiving the money and the proper seller (what I'd be bringing in). I'm not sure exactly what I'd say, but I'd probably use words like abundance and love and offer thanks for what I want to get. Good luck!

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#208 of 684 Old 08-08-2010, 09:02 AM

Morning

Today is a beautiful day. Yesterday was awesome weather too. On my drive home I noticed a few trees that are turning...It was a bit exciting because I love Fall but I am not ready for it yet.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day Enjoy the beautiful weather.

Cari, how's it going??

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#209 of 684 Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 AM

I'm here again, coffee in hand.

House selling ritual: we sold our old house and bought our actual one around TMap time five years ago so I used the vision board. I put the picture of our actual house, surrounded with gold, in a Home Sweet Home frame in the prosperity corner (added the words this or better under the picture). I put a For Sale sign (+ the address of the old house) in the Helper's corner and glued a big SOLD in red over the sign.

I do like rituals with lighting candles or fire, making offering, calling the spirits/gods/goddesses... but creating a visual support of my intent has always been a great tool for me. So collage or writing a letter/story about the intent would be part of any ritual I'd do to sell a house.

Maybe you could write about selling the house and moving in with M in a "it already happened" tone.

Valérie   
#210 of 684 Old 08-08-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:

Maybe you could write about selling the house and moving in with M in a "it already happened" tone.
Yes, that way the universe will see it as it has already happened and it acts upon it. I've done that a few times but you have to have no doubt in your mind about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page